Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dumbass 'Dallas Voice' columnist believed in 'scamdemic' lies until his family got sick

The "...and then it happened to me" trope is old.

The real news is, why the fuck is a gay newspaper publishing anything by a dumbass Rethug who believes asinine conspiracy theories?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2020 5:08 PM

Of course he has a gofundme.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 11:16 PM

Taking the author out of the equation for a moment, the story of how it swept through that family is horrifying. Jesus Christ, this fucking virus.

I guess this opened his eyes re COVID and good for him for trying to spread the word. But whatcha wanna bet he votes for Trump again in November?

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 11:22 PM

Yeah and it will come out later that the fat fucktard made the whole thing up to get go fund me $$$

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 11:25 PM

[quote]The real news is, why the fuck is a gay newspaper publishing anything by a dumbass Rethug who believes asinine conspiracy theories?

Diversity.

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2020 11:47 PM

He writes clearly enough but must have an IQ in the low 80s.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2020 12:07 AM

Jowls

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2020 1:00 AM

The Voice has always been right wing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 6:18 AM

There's another thread on this - but I'm not going to be Hitler about it.

My problem - he doesn't have any self-reflection or says anything about the Republican party.

He WILL vote Republican and for Trump in the fall. He is married to a Latino.

Let that sink in. He would never have ANY gay marriage rights without the Democrats. He has not stated that he has changed his ideas or political persuasion at all.

He would have family members DIE and still hold on to this Republican party. He's a giant turd. But the hate mail he receives - he will use as a "look how uncaring the supposedly open-minded liberals are".

Fuck him. I wish he did die.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2020 6:25 AM

[quote] "Full disclosure: I am a gay conservative"

And that's where I stopped caring about the rest of the article.

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2020 11:25 AM

[quote] Full disclosure: I am a gay conservative

May as well have said "Full disclosure: I am a gay dumb ass too stupid to breathe"

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2020 11:31 AM

He is a vile pos and his stubborn republican stupidity killed his family members. What nerve to have a go fund me for medical bills.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2020 11:32 AM

Does the Dallas Voice have a Michael Musto on autobitch?

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2020 11:35 AM

This does not sound real. It reminds me of an AIDS horror story Gay Chicago made up in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2020 11:36 AM

Not Gay Chicago, that was the slutty one. Whatever Windy City News was called then.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2020 3:46 PM

Wait, R13, you think a gay Rethug would lie? Shocking!

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2020 4:48 PM

[R8]You bring up a valid point that never fully hit home to me before. The gross hypocrisy of those who would take advantage of the gay marriage laws, and still vote Republican. It’s enraging.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2020 5:43 PM

In this time of reckoning, the stupid are revealed, and this guy is just stupid. Texans are stupid. They have blinded themselves to a mythic self-definition that is antiquated, false and sad. As the Oil industry continues is decades slog death march, and the White supremests die off, Texas will change. It has no choice. All its myths are on fire.

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2020 5:49 PM

He has that washed out sickly pale look you see in British people and bigots from Dallas.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2020 5:50 PM

Check out his update on the GoFundMe

"It is with a heavy heart and deep regret but I must inform each contributor that I am compelled to end this fundraiser and refund each donor. I have tried to act honorably-serving in the best interest of Rafael & Marisa-nobody else. Unfortunately, others -within the family- that are displeased with my attempts to provide additional love, support, prayers and financial contributions in their time of need. Because of their continuous harassment and vindictive behavior [against my advice] Marisa now refuses to accept this money.

As for myself, I could share my opinions with you but this was never intended to be about me.

Sometimes you just have to be done. Not mad, not upset. Just done."

OK - so now he's getting shit (rightly so) from the family. Wow - so just shut it down already - no need to be a bitch.

This guy is awful.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2020 6:09 PM

See, my issue with these ‘gay conservatives’ is WHY did they think this virus was a hoax? Those health care workers dying of Covid were fake? Honestly, how can you be that stupid? Now it’s the guilt of spreading the infection. Well, when others like you were denying reality and spreading the infection you were still saying it was a Democratic hoax. I, like previous posters, have no sympathy for these types of deniers. They should go to the back of the treatment line so that others who believed the information that was given and unfortunately became infected get treated first.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2020 7:13 PM

[quote] Let that sink in.

*massive eyeroll*

Enough with this stupid shit.

by Anonymousreply 21July 29, 2020 5:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!