Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay ICU chief dies of coronavirus

David Hart, Costa’s husband of 28 years, said the doctor was a scientist who “lived through his brain” and loved his job more than anything in the world. As he lay dying, about 20 colleagues held a vigil and placed their blue-gloved hands on him. Hart said he placed his cheek next to Costa’s and held his husband in his arms until he died around 4:45 a.m.

Hart said his husband was the bravest man he ever knew.

“I get so angry when I see people not wearing masks,” Hart said. “It makes me want to take a bar of soap and write on my car’s rearview window that ‘My husband who saved so many lives died of COVID-19. Wear a mask!’”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 12:15 AM

Very sad.

He's super cute, too.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 11:02 PM

His lazy eye died years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 11:04 PM

Let every needless death of COVID-19 be another nail in the coffin of Trump's campaign. We must do that in their memory.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 11:28 PM

Maybe I'm having a rough day, but this made me tear up.

Bless him and his poor husband.

by Anonymousreply 4July 28, 2020 12:06 AM

Amen, R3. My condolences to his spouse and the rest of his family. He sounds like a well respected man who helped so many others, sacrificially. The imaging of his colleagues’ blue gloves on him as he left this world did me in. May he Rest In Peace.

by Anonymousreply 5July 28, 2020 12:48 AM

He was Erna.

by Anonymousreply 6July 28, 2020 12:58 AM

He wouldn't have lost a husband if I'd have had MY way.

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 12:59 AM

This makes me very sad, I’m sorry for him and his husband.

by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2020 1:07 AM

R2 you’re an asshole. Isn’t there a joke thread you could post on

by Anonymousreply 9July 28, 2020 1:07 AM

What a tragic end to a life well lived. RIP dear Joe.

And yes, R2 is a major asshole.

by Anonymousreply 10July 28, 2020 1:29 AM

I read a couple of stories about him today. He seems to have been a great and beloved guy.

by Anonymousreply 11July 28, 2020 2:32 AM

[quote][R2] is a major asshole.

And pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2020 3:11 AM

Also I don’t think it’s a lazy eye (where one looks a different direction.) One eye is just dominant (same with almost everyone) and the dominant eye’s eyelids are opened wider in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2020 3:17 AM

That’s so sad.

Can I have his stuff?

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2020 3:27 AM

You can have his left-over corona viruses.

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2020 3:36 AM

Has anyone else notices that when gays get it, they really get sick?

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2020 3:39 AM

Where's "What was on his iPod? "

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2020 9:20 AM

He was too busy working and saving lives to listen to an iPod, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2020 6:22 PM

Reading about this beautiful man and how he lived his life makes me feel like a total slacker. I can’t imagine how hard life for the surviving husband will be, but I hope he finds the strength to live on and live well.

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2020 6:34 PM

So, R18, is "What's on his iPod" only for non-gay men? That was the point of my rhetorical question because you obviously didn't pick that up the first time.

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 3:18 AM

Crushingly sad indeed. I hope his spouse doesn't contract it now. Why isn't media holding up these COVID martyrs on TV each night,? They should; not only to memorialise, but also to motivate the deniers to mask up.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 3:34 AM

They are, R21. I saw it on at least four different TV news programs. You must not be familiar with the deniers. They don't watch the news, and if they do it's Fox.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2020 11:11 PM

He seemed to be a wonderful man. So very sad. It’s a loss for humanity. My heart goes out to his family.

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2020 11:25 PM

The blame lies with Republicans/Trump for this. People do not have money for FOOD and RENT. It is not so easy to get a face mask. If it is easy for you, YOU WEAR ONE. Trump/Pence/Republicans are not supplying them to people.

Vote ALL Republicans OUT of office for this.

They are the ones who are KILLING AMERICANS via Corona Virus.

Stay at home orders were working. Social Distancing works. Face Masks add in a layer of protection but you have to be doing the other.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2020 11:28 PM

This times 180,000 by the end of August.

by Anonymousreply 25August 1, 2020 11:42 PM

This man is a literal angel. And will be for eternity. You should be proud, universe. You created a wonderful human being. May he inspire us all and move on to even greater heights.

Rest in Power, Joseph Costa. I cannot wait to see what awaits you.

May you watch over us and continue your journey-

You are what we should all strive to be.

And bless your husband and friend. He lost someone so special.

by Anonymousreply 26August 2, 2020 12:15 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!