Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ready for President Romney? Haley? Ryan?

IMO, this is what is going to happen.

Pence will resign due to his handling of COVID-19. The new Veep will be a "moderate" republican that can be tolerated by all republicans voters and independents.

Trump will then resign with a guaranteed pardon for him and his familia. The new POTUS will get "elected" in November-- and will possibly help the Repubs keep the Senate.

There is just no other way out for the Republican Party at this point.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 10:47 PM

These jerks will never resign.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 3:11 PM

No one in the Trump administration will ever admit they fucked up, and thus will never resign.

No, Trump will go down in flames, taking the worst sycophants of the Republican party with him - Haley, McConnell, Graham, Collins, Ernst, Cruz, Rubio...

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 3:15 PM

Good riddance to the entire coven by any means necessary; "Here's your MAGA cap, what's your hurry?"

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 3:22 PM

cunts all of em

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2020 3:23 PM

I have in my hand of a copy of the Saturday Evening Post magazine dated March 9, 1968 . The cover story is "A funny and fascinating look into the future." Fake newspaper cover story, Jan 20, 1969:

Bobby Kennedy Sworn in a the Acting President. Takes oath in Senate; House still deadlocked on Choice of President. Rioters Quelled, machine guns guard temporary leader. ...it could happen, the Picking of a President, 1968.

Rioting in the streets...Stampede at the GOP Convention...Disaster at the Polls....Here, before it happens is the whole, all too believable story of the wildest election ever - by America's leading political satirist (Russell Baker).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2020 3:24 PM

OP, isn’t it a little early to be eating mushrooms?

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2020 3:24 PM

I feel like I haven't heard anything from, by or about Pence in weeks. Is he spending all of his time on his knees these days? If so, good, at least he's making himself useful to someone(s).

Haley may think she's trans-caucasian but, in reality, she's worse at reading a room than Stevie Wonder.

Ryan is too busy living off of his wife's family money--which also makes him oddly placed as the Wisconsin GOP has turned into Hillbillies-O-The-Lakes.

Romney, who is one of the sexiest men I've ever seen in real life, is still negotiating the script updates from 2012 where the prophecy of his presidency is fulfilled. Unfortunately, it's hard to be a Mr. Smith Goes To Washington when everyone knows you're really Casper, The Friendly Ghost.

I think we're actually more likely to see Ted Cruz and Tom Cotton strip down for a bareknuckled duel to the death for who gets to lead the coupe. I just hope they don't do that in any of the official buildings as we would never be able to remove the slime stains and smell of sulphur...

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2020 3:31 PM

For this scenario to play out as OP suggests requires that the entire Republican party come to its senses, act and react like rational adults, and the hardest part, put country before party and especially a single individual. And, of course, this is not to mention that they will have to start treating the pandemic like the public health crisis it is, instead of a hoax designed to hurt Republicans (by a party that somehow is capable of launching a nuclear-level attack on the country, but can't manage to motivate fewer people than fill an NFL stadium on any given [non-pandemic] Sunday to drag their asses to the polls across three states, thereby saving the world from said pandemic).

I stand a better chance of having a torrid affair with Chris Pratt, Chris Evans, Chris Pine [italic]and[/italic] Chris Hemsworth.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2020 3:42 PM

OP needs to see a brain surgeon and a psychiatrist ASAP; her asymptomatic corona has ultimate ravaged what's left under the thick skull.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2020 4:21 PM

OP, isn’t it a little early to be eating mushrooms?

I was thinking that too - and I mean this is in the best possible way: please post whatever you're ingesting, because it's clearly some good shit. Whatever it is, it could only *improve* my outlook

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2020 4:24 PM

That’s the opposite direction the Republican Party is going. The big names in 2024 will be Tucker Carlson, Josh Hawley, Mike Pompeo, and yes, Ivanka Trump. A Romney/Ryan republican wouldn’t poll above 10%

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 4:25 PM

The Republicans would rather lose elections than ever admit they were wrong. They are a fascist party and must be contended with as such.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2020 4:31 PM

R11 After this election, that clown car will be shunned. They'll be lucky to get gigs at county fairs.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2020 4:32 PM

Trump is making too much money running for president to quit before the election. Contributions to his election campaign are being funneled into his personal/business accounts. But if he loses in November, I fully expect his to say "fuck it" to governing and move to Mar-a-Lago full time for the lame duck period before Biden's inauguration.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2020 4:54 PM

I've cautioned before against magical thinking. This particular OP seems like she indeed must have ingested something that's sent her off on quite a journey. It wasn't PCP, was it?

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] Romney, who is one of the sexiest men I've ever seen in real life,

You need to get out more R7

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2020 5:00 PM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2020 5:03 PM

No. There can’t be a moderate selection. A mod would play the gov game. The repubs know this & like Trump because he’ll go along with anything they want. All they need to do is blow some smoke his way. Mitch & co want to keep playing him to keep their agenda going.

by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2020 5:14 PM

Thanks for your concern, R16.

I get out a lot, I live in NYC and have lived in LA among other places. Romney, in his element, is classic, old-school movie star sexy. Handsome is a factor, but also combined with wealth, power and confidence.

I'll concede that my time with him was brief and I don't know the circumstances that proceeded it--it's possible he had just come from defunding a convent or sacrificed some virgins or something.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2020 5:17 PM

I used to think Nikki Haley was some sort of brilliant evil genius, much like Claire Underwood in House of Cards. Her behavior and boot licking of Trump over the last year or two has made me understand that she's just another lying, ambitious Republican hack. A smart move at this point for someone in her position would be to distance herself for Trump and try to re-shape the GOP when he's gone. Instead Nimrata is full speed ahead on the SS Trumptanic. Not a smart move IMO.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2020 5:17 PM

Obvious, the OP's story is nothing but wild fantasy but even as fantasy it fails because it fails to recognize the impact of a Trump resignation on the MAGAdroids: on their reaction, on their turnout, on how they will turn on every major Republican candidate.

Think Bernie Bros on steroids. It's not a pretty picture.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2020 5:22 PM

I am CONCERNED!!!

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2020 5:24 PM

You don't seem to understand how all this works. Candidates don't just magically appear on ballots just because someone says so, or because they're the president or vice-president.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2020 9:53 PM

I don’t think Robert Wagner killed Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2020 11:10 PM

Lol R24

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2020 11:13 PM

Biden, Meadows, Fishface Mnuchin and Pelosi were all In a closed door meeting this afternoon. Wonder if it was to beat Dump and Barr’s asses.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2020 11:17 PM

Nope. No time for that. No time for anyone else on the ballot but Donnie.

Trump cannot get a pardon from the state of NY. He will try to stall and delay all court dates and if he has no choice in the end he will flee the country.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2020 11:29 PM

Pence puts on the fake persona of a meek lamb of God to appeal to his evangelical base. He’s actually a steely, ambitious, traditionalist with fascist leanings, always has been. He will never step down.

by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2020 11:32 PM

Romney is dead in the water, because of his impeachment vote. Trump hates Ryan's guts and would never tolerate him as a VP pick, even if it was in Trump's own best interest.

Someone keeps trying to make Haley happen. She's been ass-kissing Trump like crazy on Twitter, so maybe she thinks she's got a shot at replacing Pence at the last minute, after Biden names his VP. But Trump would never trust a female VP, no matter how big the ass-kisser. And Haley said positive things about the Confederate flag to suck up to the base - in this election year, that's poison. Haley will most likely have to defend her praise of the Confederate flag on live television in front of Biden's [probably] African-American VP pick, who will rip her to shreds, woman to woman. It will be such a fiasco - it smells like a Jared Kushner idea.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2020 11:56 PM

The only woman Trump would trust as VP is Ivanka. That, and he'd like to fuck her senseless with his cheeto dick.

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2020 11:58 PM

[quote] he'd like to fuck her senseless.

He probably can only manage three pumps, max. But since she's got such a head start, that might be enough

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2020 12:30 AM

Here is the problem.

Trump has dirt on all of them, probably with the exception of Romney.

Nobody is going to force him out of office because they can't. He would have been gone the minute there was even a hint that the Senate might be lost to the Dems.

It's just not happening.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2020 1:06 AM

Never happening.

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2020 1:45 AM

Cindy Adams just wrote an article about a private meeting between Trump and his closest aides, Kushner, Christie, Stepien and some other guy, trying to convince Trump he could still turn things around. I won't link the article, because it's pro-Trump. But what's interesting is that Pence was not in that meeting - he apparently is not in the Circle of Trust.

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2020 5:35 PM

R34 I thought Chris Christie had abandoned the SS Trumptanic long ago. Now he's back on board? (cue the fat jokes, they lured him back in with a pork chop on a string)

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2020 10:11 PM

R35– More than that I thought Jared hated Christie.

by Anonymousreply 36July 29, 2020 1:20 AM

r11 is so full of shit.

Everyone knows the Godzilla-Voldemort ticket is the one Republicans are clamoring for in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 37July 29, 2020 2:50 AM

[quote] More than that I thought Jared hated Christie.

R36 Chris Christie put Jared's daddy in prison, so yes, it is surprising that he'd be back on the team.

by Anonymousreply 38July 29, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote] [R36] Chris Christie put Jared's daddy in prison, so yes, it is surprising that he'd be back on the team.

Here’s a thought: I was reading a lot about the goon grab on second ave last night and someone was speculation that NYPD is trying to align with the feds and stage a coupe to overturn DiBlasio and Cuomo.

As former governor of NJ, he would have tremendous insight on how to execute that.

by Anonymousreply 39July 29, 2020 3:15 PM

Covid era delusion OP. Snap out of it.

by Anonymousreply 40July 29, 2020 3:25 PM

I’d never thought of this before, but of Trump is embezzling election funds, paying off debts, and fattening his purse. Then, since NY AG is already on his ass (w/ extreme prejudice since they fired the incumbent) he knows he’ll get found out; therefor In a reverse Agnew/ Nixon scenario, Trump resigns at the Zoom convention, Pence issues a blanket pardon, then resigns himself. When Pelosi takes over as House Speaker, the Dem ticket falls apart, Dems in disarray (no Trump to run against) someone like K Harris runs against Mitt, and GOP still wins. Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2020 3:34 PM

I meant of course Trump using campaign funds

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2020 3:35 PM

I also believe Chauvin may have been paid to murder George Floyd, part of GOP desperate plan to enrage black protesters to riot and bring out all the gun and lawnorder rhetoric, distracting from covid 19 and as usual GOP has no real platform or agenda except stealing more money from the public.

by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2020 3:39 PM

A cop killed a guy, drawing a gun on unarmed man a few years back in Iowa City. The witness protection people disappeared him and he lives w new identity somewhere far away. Look up Troy Kelsey

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2020 3:41 PM

Officer Jeffery Gillaspie is who shot Eric Shaw, then the cops use the union fund to disappear them and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2020 3:49 PM

[quite] I also believe Chauvin may have been paid to murder George Floyd, part of GOP desperate plan to enrage black protesters to riot and bring out all the gun and lawnorder rhetoric, distracting from covid 19 and as usual GOP has no real platform or agenda except stealing more money from the public.

I’ve said basically the same thing since the beginning. Remember the union boss is a MAJOR MAGA (and certifiably insane) who would dream up something like that and have the control to get everyone else to play along.

I don’t think they paid him, though. I’m guessing he did it for shits-n-giggles, revenge or possibly klan kred.

by Anonymousreply 46July 29, 2020 4:02 PM

"I also believe Chauvin may have been paid to murder George Floyd"

If that were so, he'd be dead by now. A convenient accident or suicide.

by Anonymousreply 47July 29, 2020 4:36 PM

Pence isn't behaving like someone who is about to lose his job. He's been negotiating to remove the federal officers in Portland. I think Pence being kicked off the ticket is just wishful thinking at this point. And if there was some plot for Pence to pardon Trump, Pence would never in a million years resign himself.

by Anonymousreply 48July 29, 2020 10:24 PM

Christie said today in an interview that Trump isn't replacing Pence.

by Anonymousreply 49July 31, 2020 10:36 PM

I've had my tinfoil hat on and I've been thinking about this.

I'm wondering if they are feeling shaky about whatever strategy they are pursuing and so leaving Pence as a "designated survivor". Better to work around him then to risk President Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 50July 31, 2020 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!