Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“I don’t trust this uppity woman,” says Chris Dodd of Kamala Harris

“We want a black woman who knows her place.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2020 2:50 PM

If you read the article, he never used the word uppity, and that’s clearly not what he meant. There are concerns that she’s an opportunist, basically.

by Anonymousreply 1July 27, 2020 1:15 PM

OMG an opportunist politician. Get me the smelling salts.

Like all those politicians who marched onstage to endorse Biden after the SC primary weren’t opportunists.

by Anonymousreply 2July 27, 2020 1:17 PM

No, that wasn’t particularly opportunistic, Bernie Bro R2.

by Anonymousreply 3July 27, 2020 1:20 PM

Such bullsh*t! Biden wouldn't be the nominee if Harris hadn't dropped out before her name would appear on the ballot in SC. He owes her. Biden/Harris was tipped as the winning ticket before either declared their candidacy. Let's just get on with it!

by Anonymousreply 4July 27, 2020 6:03 PM

No, R4. Biden owes all black women because they're the backbone of the Democratic Party. Thats why he *must* pick a black woman as VP.

by Anonymousreply 5July 27, 2020 6:08 PM

I don’t really like her. She seems so ruthless and cutthroat and willing to shed Democratic ideals in favor of her benefitting personally.

I want Liz Warren.

She earned it

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote]Biden wouldn't be the nominee if Harris hadn't dropped out before her name would appear on the ballot in SC.

Bullshit. He would still be the nominee. Some of you clearly have forgotten the primaries. While Harris did better than Warren and Pete with black voters, she wasn't their #1 pick.

by Anonymousreply 7July 27, 2020 6:15 PM

[quote]When former Sen. Chris Dodd, a member of Joe Biden’s vice presidential search committee, recently asked Kamala Harris about her ambush on Biden in the first Democratic debate, Dodd was stunned by her response.

It was never an ambush. Biden walked into that debate completely unprepared, and it was no ones fault but his own. His comments about working with segregationsits and busing had been making the news rounds for days before that. What did he think, that no one was going to bring it up? With two African American candidates standing on that stage?

Sexism is rearing its ugly head once again with these older white men who want a woman to "know their place". Meanwhile, Biden publicly undermined Obama several times, and has basically used Obama's achievements to bolster his own candidacy, so let's stop with such petty bullshit and elect a woman who can get things done.

by Anonymousreply 8July 27, 2020 6:18 PM

People just don’t like her. She is icy and pompous.

by Anonymousreply 9July 27, 2020 6:19 PM

R6

Warren is probably the worst choice, considering the current climate and her history. Learn to read the room.

I’ve been saying for months that Ayanna Pressley is actually the best choice.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2020 6:21 PM

"I want Liz Warren"

Elizabeth Warren reminds me of my mom. I love my mom, but she'd make a horrible president :(

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 6:24 PM

[quote] Biden owes all black women because they're the backbone of the Democratic Party. Thats why he *must* pick a black woman as VP.

Please with that bs. Ever heard of pandering? Black women are only like 11% of the country - besides, what are they gonna do, start voting Republican?

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2020 6:25 PM

The word on Kamala in the Senate is that she is all ambition with no center. She'll do whatever she needs to do for her own career. That's why, despite her obvious photogenic gifts, she's not going to be picked.

Right now, Karen Bass and Susan Rice are the most likely to be selected, although Tammy Duckworth is also strongly in the running.

by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2020 6:25 PM

She's a dirty cop. In addition, she's a backstabbing cunt. Not the type of person you want to be president.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2020 6:28 PM

“she is all ambition with no center“

That is also my layman’s take.

by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2020 6:28 PM

Really, r13? Karen Bass made some comments the view the other day that made me not like her.

I'm team Duckworth! I want to see her make Pence cry!

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2020 6:29 PM

Generational miscommunications

Harris had a really bad campaign team--WTF anyone would hire people who'd worked on Hillary's failed campaign... oh, right, one of them was her sister.

And the busing thing was ridiculous because it turned out she and Biden actually agreed on it and "I was that little girl" became a punch line, not a rallying cry.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2020 6:31 PM

I was so impressed with the Gov. of New Mexico on the George S. show. So sharp, empathetic and informed. She'd make a fine choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 27, 2020 6:40 PM

Oh ffs, get over it. Harris is going to be the VP candidate, and the fuckwits who are trashing her here (and elsewhere) are playing right into the R overlords' hands.

Divide and conquer, that's their mantra. You want Trump et al out in November, compare Harris with Pence and get out the D vote.

by Anonymousreply 19July 27, 2020 6:45 PM

OP’s headline is right out of the Fox News school of fake news.

by Anonymousreply 20July 27, 2020 6:50 PM

She’s trying to bully her way into the VP spot.

by Anonymousreply 21July 27, 2020 6:54 PM

As opposed to the multi-faceted idiot we have now, R14?

by Anonymousreply 22July 27, 2020 6:54 PM

Liz Warren is a champion of the working class. She could poach back some of the deplorables.

by Anonymousreply 23July 27, 2020 6:55 PM

The elephant in the room is that nobody expects Biden to run for reelection in 2024 when he's 82 and it looks like he's worried that choosing someone like Kamala Harris would just invite inevitable measuring of the drapes, etc.

Biden may want a nice "l'il buddy" for a VP but fat chance that kind of relationship when everyone who you choose for the spot is automatically going to be the frontrunner four years from now.

by Anonymousreply 24July 27, 2020 6:57 PM

r13 Oh you mean 11% of the total women in the US. Because African Americans are only 13% of the entire population.

by Anonymousreply 25July 27, 2020 6:58 PM

R23

Are you serious? The deplorables HATE her. We’d be much better off energizing the black vote. That’s the Dems’ key to success and the Republicans know it. That is why they are constantly attacking and targeting black voters.

by Anonymousreply 26July 27, 2020 6:59 PM

He has a good relationship with Susan Rice but Rice is off putting and that she seems humorless. Kamala can be a good time, she was great on Hardball and always had a nice smile and laugh. She is cut throat and can read a bitch but she also has a fun side.

by Anonymousreply 27July 27, 2020 7:04 PM

*If* you were disgusted by the murder of George Floyd, you might want read about the murder of Manuel Diaz. His death sparked protests, too, but the AG chose not to investigate the incident. A mother and her child at one of the protests was attacked by a police dog that somehow managed to "escape" a squad car. No investigation of that incident, either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 27, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] Bullshit. He would still be the nominee. Some of you clearly have forgotten the primaries. While Harris did better than Warren and Pete with black voters, she wasn't their #1 pick.

If Harris took SC delegates away from Biden, Bernie would be our nominee now. Everyone in the Democratic Party knows it. Period.

by Anonymousreply 29July 27, 2020 8:23 PM

[quote] Sexism is rearing its ugly head once again with these older white men who want a woman to "know their place". Meanwhile, Biden publicly undermined Obama several times, and has basically used Obama's achievements to bolster his own candidacy, so let's stop with such petty bullshit and elect a woman who can get things done.

Indeed. We will NEVER forget that Biden dismissed Obama as "clean" and "articulate" during the 2008 primary.

by Anonymousreply 30July 27, 2020 8:26 PM

r29 She wasn't taking any delegates away from Biden in S.C. She was polling way worse than Tom Seller when she dropped out. She'd have done worse than Klobuchar.

by Anonymousreply 31July 27, 2020 8:45 PM

R18. You are correct and she has done a great job in NM. High ratings and willing to take on the Trump administration when needed. Her brother is almost assured of becoming Senator. Well connected, woman, Latino, and congressional experience.

by Anonymousreply 32July 27, 2020 9:00 PM

[quote]Well connected, woman, Latino, and congressional experience.

Yes, but coral pink lipstick and an obvious box of Clairol Frost and Tip does not a Vice President make.

by Anonymousreply 33July 27, 2020 9:08 PM

[quote] Yes, but coral pink lipstick and an obvious box of Clairol Frost and Tip does not a Vice President make.

R33 = Senator Kamala Harris singing the read-a-bitch-like-the-Bible blues.

by Anonymousreply 34July 27, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote] Elizabeth Warren reminds me of my mom. I love my mom, but she'd make a horrible president :(

Really? Your mom is an attorney, ivy league economics professor and U.S. Senator? Somehow, I doubt that. Stop undermining accomplished intelligent women by comparing them to some frau.

by Anonymousreply 35July 27, 2020 11:07 PM

Elizabeth Warren did not happen and she never will. Let it go. No one wants her.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2020 11:46 PM

Calm down, r36. We know you don't want any female vp or president, but Joe Biden already promised he would pick one.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2020 11:55 PM

Wrong R37. I want Val Demings or Susan Rice. Liz Warren couldn't even win her own state.

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2020 12:00 AM

No woman could win, not even Hillary with all the support she had behind her. So that's a pretty flimsy reason to think Warren should not be VP. If you think Susan Rice could win an election, you're nuts. And I don't know who that other woman is. You obviously have a personal grudge against Warren for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2020 12:04 AM

OMG when are you people going to realize it doesn't matter what you want? This is Biden's pick, not Chris Dodd's not mine and not yours and I am sure Joe Biden isn't consulting DL on who he should pick.

OP sure is a shit stirrer though, quote people when they didn't actually what you put in quotes, that is almost Trump like.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2020 12:56 AM

Gang, we're not going to have a 2024 election if Biden doesn't win. Let him choose whomever the fuck he wants. We'll deal with the 2024 election if we actually get there. Despite your petty-bitch, let's-get-fucked-by-the-repugs' whining, Harris hits the most bases for 2020.

Just stop doing Putin's work for him.

by Anonymousreply 41July 28, 2020 12:57 AM

There is nothing strategically advantageous for Biden to pick a black VP. Blacks can either choose the racist Trump, or Obama's buddy Biden. That's the choice (oh, or Kanye).

It would be best for him to pick a woman who has run a city or state. So in speeches she can say, "I successfully ran... I've got the chops". Remember she has to go up against Pence in one debate, and he was Gov. of Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 42July 28, 2020 1:04 AM

[quote] Blacks can either choose the racist Trump, or Obama's buddy Biden. That's the choice (oh, or Kanye).

Agreed. One might say that if you don't know who you're voting for then you aint really black.

by Anonymousreply 43July 28, 2020 2:42 PM

os she black? I thought that she was mixed race

by Anonymousreply 44July 28, 2020 2:46 PM

Harris is fine. You people are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 45July 28, 2020 2:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!