Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Agricultural Warfare?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Pod people

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2020 8:46 PM

Monsanto will infiltrate its copyrighted seeds into farms and then sue the farmers. Maybe this is similar.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2020 8:48 PM

Didn't someone post about receiving seeds from China a few weeks ago? Everyone told him he was crazy.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2020 8:48 PM

Some folks in my gardening group here in New England have received seeds that look like cardamom. Weird!

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2020 8:50 PM

OP, are you in the UK? I was wondering how you are able to link successfully to Daily Mail.

And R1, that was funny as hell!

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2020 8:51 PM

must have some kind of virus or other poison that will fuck up the ecosystem.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2020 8:51 PM

I ordered seeds from a place in Nevada and they came from China. they were clearly not the type of seeds that I ordered. you can't even trust intentionally ordered from the USA seed companies, I am not surprised in the slightest by this.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2020 8:53 PM

I just ordered some seeds from Hungary, so I'll be very careful checking the packaging before I plant anything. I would have a difficult time defeating my own curiosity if I received some of those mysterious seeds, but it sounds like most recipients are appropriately suspicious. A couple of years ago, I ordered some seeds from the UK (I'm in the US), and they somehow were shipped to Australia, and opened and inspected there before making their way to Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2020 9:13 PM

Off-topic, but related: Check your Amazon account and order history. Something strange is going on at their site and authentic customer service is unavailable.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2020 9:40 PM

Plant them!!! Plant them. At least in a pot at home in a controlled environment.

by Anonymousreply 10July 27, 2020 5:15 AM

Gimme your seed, bro!

by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 5:24 AM

Probably invasive weed species. They’re hoping you either plant them or throw them in the garbage & they will eventually grow in a landfill & go to seed, spreading on the wind. I’d put them in a jar of rubbing alcohol until they dissolved.

There’s more than one way to cause economic damage to an enemy. Invasive weeds, invasive marine life that crowds out food fish, invasive giant snakes and setting wildfires. All it takes to start a wildfire is a match. Mighty good investment for the amount of money you invest. Billions of dollars in damage every year from wildfires. Maybe trillions.

by Anonymousreply 12July 28, 2020 5:24 PM

There have been similar stories lately as seeds showing up as a free gift with random internet purchases...all from China. Many of these mysterious seeds seemed to arrive in place of jewellery orders from China.

by Anonymousreply 13July 28, 2020 5:32 PM

Probably some murderous bamboo.

by Anonymousreply 14July 28, 2020 5:36 PM

Remember when Gilligan and the rest of the gang planted irradiated seeds and got super powers?

by Anonymousreply 15July 28, 2020 5:58 PM

This is a scam they are running. It’s complicated but it’s basically sending an “empty” box so they can get a tracking number to use as a decoy for fake products like Lysol, m95 masks etc.

They use seeds because it has to be something light in weight.

Sending the empty packages buys them both a tracking number and a few days to clear the charges.

Sorry to ruin the fun.

by Anonymousreply 16July 28, 2020 6:09 PM

It’s true that someone on DL posted about this a few weeks ago and everyone called him crazy. Say what you want, DL is often on the cutting edge, even still!

by Anonymousreply 17July 28, 2020 6:13 PM

[quote] it’s basically sending an “empty” box so they can get a tracking number to use as a decoy for fake products like Lysol, m95 masks etc.

Explain, please. They’ve got a tracking number from seeds. What’s it got to do with fake Lysol.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2020 6:19 PM

[quote] Some folks in my gardening group here in New England have received seeds that look like cardamom. Weird!

What the hell does Cardi B’s mom have to do with anything?

by Anonymousreply 19July 28, 2020 6:43 PM

I received random unsolicited seeds and a piece of plastic garbage from China in June. I reported the brushing scam to the FTC right away and received a tracking number, but no further follow up. Good to know I should contact the Department of Agriculture as well for disposal instructions.

by Anonymousreply 20July 28, 2020 6:46 PM

This is by far the weirdest thing to come along - it's something only a fevered delusional mind could come up with.

by Anonymousreply 21July 28, 2020 6:52 PM

r16 there are many scammers online setting up fake accounts to sell high in demand Covid PPE products. People place their orders, and they send these packages filled with nothing to make it look like the order is being fulfilled. They pocket the funds and scram.

That is why Amazon and Ebay temporarily suspended sale of PPE products earlier this year, due to this and price gouging. But the big online stores have extremely sophisticated technology to detect fraudulent sales and accounts, and drop ship scammers. Ebay is extremely adept at detecting fake accounts.

by Anonymousreply 22July 28, 2020 6:56 PM

that was for r18

by Anonymousreply 23July 28, 2020 6:57 PM

So I go online, order Lysol & China sends me seeds & uses the tracking number as proof to show they sent me something?

by Anonymousreply 24July 28, 2020 7:34 PM

Don't sleep near them.

by Anonymousreply 25July 28, 2020 8:17 PM

People love anything from China because it's cheap. Walmart anyone?

by Anonymousreply 26July 28, 2020 9:21 PM

Acquaintances in Taiwan receiving them also.

by Anonymousreply 27July 28, 2020 9:33 PM

Jesus Christ. Couldn’t they have sent plastic beads or something? The seeds seem so nefarious.

by Anonymousreply 28July 28, 2020 9:46 PM

They're invading Connecticut!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2020 11:19 PM

Contact your Ag department ... dont plant, dont toss ...

There is an online form or phone number to call ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 29, 2020 12:38 AM

Could this be a Jack-and-the-beanstalk story?

by Anonymousreply 31July 29, 2020 12:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!