Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meathead Joe Rogan leaves California for Texas

Rogan cites overcrowding, traffic, homelessness among the reasons he's moving.

If so, he has to cross Austin and Houston off the list then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2020 5:21 PM

I would say Dallas too OP.

by Anonymousreply 1July 26, 2020 8:36 PM

I live in Austin and there are reports that’s he’s house shopping in Austin. Austin seems to be the city of choice for West coast types that want to replicate the laid back feel. Dallas is more pretentious and Houston is just a big hick town, with cosmopolitan aspirations.

by Anonymousreply 2July 26, 2020 8:39 PM

Please stay away.

by Anonymousreply 3July 26, 2020 8:40 PM

Austin is basically a colony of California at this point.

by Anonymousreply 4July 26, 2020 8:40 PM

Joe Rogan is Republican, why he’d want to come to left-leaning Austin makes no sense. Austin is like a less-extreme Portland, very white and very liberal.

by Anonymousreply 5July 26, 2020 8:44 PM

California, pease stop sending us your trash.

by Anonymousreply 6July 26, 2020 8:46 PM

He'd like Lubbock then.

by Anonymousreply 7July 26, 2020 8:48 PM

Many “libertarian” types seem drawn to Austin. Maybe because its culture encourages both weed use and gun ownership.

by Anonymousreply 8July 26, 2020 8:49 PM

Trust. Austin has its fair share of shithead Republicans; a good amount of over-extended Dallas and L.A. idiots have made the move.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2020 8:57 PM

The quality of his show is going to go down without the access of LA guests. Not everyone is going to want to fly to Austin for an interview. He’s not Oprah.

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2020 8:59 PM

Houston, we have a problem.

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2020 9:00 PM

He is such a thought-leader.

by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2020 9:00 PM

I would think Dallas-Fort Worth would be his best choice as it's more conservative than Houston and Austin. After all, Glenn Beck and George W. Bush are happily living there. And let's not forget Donald Trump's favorite church, First Baptist, is there.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2020 9:02 PM

[quote] Not everyone is going to want to fly to Austin for an interview. He’s not Oprah.

Doesn’t he have to do tele-interviews?

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2020 9:04 PM

He probably thinks COVID is fake so he'll demand his guests be there in person. Else they're sissies.

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2020 9:06 PM

I hope he gets a bad case of the covid.

by Anonymousreply 16July 26, 2020 9:08 PM

UH, WHAT AGAIN IS HIS TALENT?..

by Anonymousreply 17July 26, 2020 9:09 PM

Telling dudebros what they want to hear, r17.

by Anonymousreply 18July 26, 2020 9:12 PM

Say what you will but listen to his podcast He's not right all the time and yeah he's a nutbag but some of his information around nutrition and vitamins and exercise. He's not stupid.

by Anonymousreply 19July 26, 2020 9:13 PM

R18.. okay, but uh, who couldn't do that? do his "bros" realize this? or are they too meatheads to not care or not have a clue as he's using them....

by Anonymousreply 20July 26, 2020 9:13 PM

No, I won't listen to podcast r19. Why exactly do I need to listen to this blowhards opinion?

You are on the wrong board, maybe on reddit people worship him but we don't give a fuck what he has to say.

by Anonymousreply 21July 26, 2020 9:15 PM

Do guests get paid to appear? Some seem to go on there to promote their own books and shows so I wonder if he has to pay them.

by Anonymousreply 22July 26, 2020 9:19 PM

I dont WORSHIP him you dolt. Did I say I worship him? Slow you roll Debbie.

by Anonymousreply 23July 26, 2020 9:23 PM

R19 I listen to them now and again on long drives. Does he have good information on food, exercise and nutrition?

by Anonymousreply 24July 26, 2020 9:34 PM

not sure R24, but I once heard him talk vividly about having a big cock sucked and he was very descriptive. He seems like he be good at dirty talk....

by Anonymousreply 25July 26, 2020 10:03 PM

Do you have links, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26July 26, 2020 10:49 PM

Trust me, wherever he lands he'll eventually find something wrong with it too and end up moving back to California. Those types are never satisfied.

by Anonymousreply 27July 26, 2020 11:14 PM

It's for tax reasons, don't be so gullible.

He's just claiming it's for all these "liberal hellhole" reasons to appeal to his alt-right and light-right fans.

by Anonymousreply 28July 26, 2020 11:28 PM

R19, your post doesn't make sense on any level, so I don't think you have any real authority in deciding what's stupid and what isn't.

Rogan is a meathead who is cashing in on the disaffected whitebro audience by both-sidesing them to death. Like today when he said video games were a real problem, we're supposed to forget the years and years of him praising video games as being great. He will have someone on in a week, tops, talking about how great video games are for X, Y, and Z reasons and he'll say "This is true, I definitely agree."

by Anonymousreply 29July 26, 2020 11:31 PM

Also, someone punch OP in his tiny little nuts for linking to The Blaze.

by Anonymousreply 30July 26, 2020 11:32 PM

im shocked, well no state income tax in texas....but im from there, its a putrid state in all...

he prob needs a change, and stuff we dont kno about

he a mega millionaire now. ye gads

by Anonymousreply 31July 26, 2020 11:34 PM

Alas, he has changed alot from his early days, $$$ seems to corrupt..

guests will want to schlep to texas? repug stronghold? hells no

by Anonymousreply 32July 26, 2020 11:35 PM

The reason I recently left Austin after 20 years of living there was because of the influx of Californians. The city is totally different from it was a few decades ago, and not in a good way. Too many "Always Be Hustlin'" Silicon Valley-types now.

Traffic is unreal, costs are sky high as they buy up all the available properties, and it seems to get hotter temperature-wise every year somehow. There's construction all the time too.

by Anonymousreply 33July 26, 2020 11:44 PM

Oh, and right wing insane troll Alex Jones lives there. I'm sure they'll be great friends!

by Anonymousreply 34July 26, 2020 11:45 PM

He's a sexy no neck fuck.

by Anonymousreply 35July 26, 2020 11:53 PM

R28 is correct. Rohan just signed the largest podcasting deal in history with Spotify. He’s totally looking to protect his assets.

by Anonymousreply 36July 27, 2020 12:23 AM

R28 Austin has a very high property tax rate. Hope he’s disappointed and leaves.

by Anonymousreply 37July 27, 2020 12:27 AM

How is he going to smoke all the pot he does in Texas. Still very illegal here.

by Anonymousreply 38July 27, 2020 12:59 AM

he wont last there a year....its redneck o rama...

by Anonymousreply 39July 27, 2020 2:11 AM

Be funny if he gets busted for drugs....ha ha

by Anonymousreply 40July 27, 2020 2:11 AM

The housing prices in Austin are beyond ridiculous. A small, 50 year-old 1,000 sq ft, 2/1 on .25 acres with no updates routinely sell for $500k-$600k in central Austin.

Prices have soared in the last 10 years thanks in large part to people from CA. Property taxes are insane as well, and will likely go up even further post-Covid, as Texas governments look to offset fiscal deficits.

by Anonymousreply 41July 27, 2020 2:32 AM

Greed rules the housing market.

by Anonymousreply 42July 27, 2020 2:43 AM

Kill him before hecdestroys Austin.

by Anonymousreply 43July 27, 2020 2:45 AM

Joe Rogan is not a Republican, he is independent and likes candidates from both sides.

by Anonymousreply 44July 27, 2020 3:33 AM

You guys are too harsh on Rogan's political character, which is not partisan or even leaning Republican. His favorite candidate was Bernie Sanders.

Rogan is a cool, intelligent guy and there are not many of those in MMA World.

And he is NOT a COVID-denier. He cited the pandemic risk as one of the reasons he wants to movie, read the article.

by Anonymousreply 45July 27, 2020 3:41 AM

cheaper than frisco

condos start at 300 grande....

cali still growing, now over 40 mill

the pacific ocean bb, babes fer days!!!

fuk ted nugents tex asss

by Anonymousreply 46July 27, 2020 3:54 AM

He's for Trump r45 who gives a fuck what his political leanings are if he's that stupid.

by Anonymousreply 47July 27, 2020 3:56 AM

R17, Rogan is like the Dennis Miller of Taekwondo.

by Anonymousreply 48July 27, 2020 3:57 AM

Yea i'll say if you're moving from Cali to Texas to get away from whatever you don't like in Caliornia, Austin is a pretty stupid place to move too. It's probably the most like California in Texas, without the beauty of California.

by Anonymousreply 49July 27, 2020 3:59 AM

R19, that was the context in which I heard him and the one or two were good. I never really listened to any of his other episodes. Only later did I hear that he was far right. Those types are all about freedom until it comes to the freedom of others.

by Anonymousreply 50July 27, 2020 4:02 AM

He used to be hot when he was a reporter forbthe UFC.

by Anonymousreply 51July 27, 2020 4:03 AM

He was hotter when he was young, but what's with the bloat face men get when they get older? Why does that happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 27, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote]what's with the bloat face men get when they get older? Why does that happen?

Too many carbs and too much beer combined with metabolism slows down.

by Anonymousreply 53July 27, 2020 4:13 AM

Omg wtf .. Why are people so fucking obsessed with Austin?

by Anonymousreply 54July 27, 2020 4:16 AM

[quote]You guys are too harsh on Rogan's political character, which is not partisan or even leaning Republican. His favorite candidate was Bernie Sanders.

When you go far enough to the left, you meet the far right on the political spectrum, and vice versa.

Rogan is trash, as the audience he panders to.

by Anonymousreply 55July 27, 2020 4:17 AM

He's not a Republican, guys...

by Anonymousreply 56July 27, 2020 4:24 AM

Trash distribution can be incredibly lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 57July 27, 2020 4:24 AM

[quote]California, pease stop sending us your trash.

Joe Rogan [bold]is not from California[/bold]. He is East coast trash, NJ.

by Anonymousreply 58July 27, 2020 4:31 AM

Austin is a great city that prioritizes health and fitness, and it’s very rare to see an obese person. Tons of hot dudes everywhere but most are straight. The gay guys here are sadly, gross, nelly, and 99% are bottoms. The gay scene is really pathetic too, just two bars on 4th.

But if you like seeing hot white dudes every time you leave your house, it’s a good place to be.

by Anonymousreply 59July 27, 2020 4:40 AM

I want to fuck his closeted hole.

by Anonymousreply 60July 27, 2020 5:19 AM

He'll save 13.5 million with this move. I doubt he'll sell his studio in California He'll just build another in the outskirts of Austin.

by Anonymousreply 61July 27, 2020 5:21 AM

I haven't been to Austin since they closed Armadillo World Headquarters.

The town went to shit after that.

by Anonymousreply 62July 27, 2020 5:36 AM

hope he dies

by Anonymousreply 63July 27, 2020 5:37 AM

I'm not exactly a fan, but I try to give credit where it's due. Pretending it takes no skill or intelligence to engage neuroscientists, evolutionary biologists, astronomers, science writers like Michael Pollan, experts in infectious disease epidemiology (see link) and assorted PhDs in a discussion for 2, 2.5, and sometimes 3 hours and keep it interesting to an audience of millions is disingenuous. Being able to build a rapport with a huge range of guests is a skill. The fact that some people think it looks easy actually speaks in his favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64July 27, 2020 5:54 AM

*Build rapport, sorry

by Anonymousreply 65July 27, 2020 5:59 AM

R64, dear, we appreciate your devotion to Joe but really, we don't give a shit about him or his radio show or whatever it is he's doing. We don't really care where he does it, either. Texas is fine, adios.

by Anonymousreply 66July 27, 2020 6:00 AM

Well, I'm not sure who you're speaking for other than yourself, but he seems to be discussed here quite a bit. So someone obvously gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 67July 27, 2020 6:03 AM

Wait till he has to survive a summer in Texas. I don’t see him “fitting in”, even in Austin.

by Anonymousreply 68July 27, 2020 6:38 AM

He’ll fit in with all the other pompous assholes.

by Anonymousreply 69July 27, 2020 6:41 AM

r59 is completely high.

Austin is FULL of obese, white trash, like all the South. They have beer guts before they turn 20, it's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 70July 27, 2020 6:49 AM

R22, the guests get the exposure--he's a meathead, but he has a huge audience.

R64, I disagree that he engages with the intellectual guests. He sometimes just lets them do the talking (which is good), but more often he brings up dumb pet topics and has his assistant google and put up stupid shit. He has such a following because there are men who identify with him as a meathead who's into deep stuff, not because he has great skill or intelligence. He's The View for straight men.

by Anonymousreply 71July 27, 2020 6:50 AM

r66 doesn't care to learn the all the facts about Joe, either. They're not so simple, but look who's judging anyway.

by Anonymousreply 72July 27, 2020 6:51 AM

the old sow will save tens of millions with the move to a no tax state...(cheaper ho's too..

by Anonymousreply 73July 27, 2020 6:57 AM

[quote]You guys are too harsh on Rogan's political character, which is not partisan or even leaning Republican. His favorite candidate was Bernie Sanders.

And the second he got criticism he started crying like a baby and saying now he was going to vote Trump, and Biden was worse than Trump.

[quote]And he is NOT a COVID-denier. He cited the pandemic risk as one of the reasons he wants to movie, read the article.

He wants to move for tax reasons, you gullible fool. All the "California is too liberal and full of disease" crap is rightwing spin.

This is the guy who refuses to wear a mask but then gets tested twice in one week because he's so worried. What was that you were saying about him being super like smart n stuff?

by Anonymousreply 74July 27, 2020 7:03 AM

Agree re his notorious pot-smoking.

Texas is not California.

You can be charged with a felony for possessing a few edibles.

by Anonymousreply 75July 27, 2020 7:18 AM

Oh well, $100 million will go a lot farther in Texas than it will in California. California should be glad to be rid of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76July 27, 2020 9:57 AM

Such a wit, r11!

by Anonymousreply 77July 27, 2020 10:04 AM

Look, is this one of those people “famous for being famous”? B/c I never heard of him, when I did hear of him I never liked what I heard, fuck him. Why does his every eyeblink and nosepick come up here as if it matters? Fuck him!

by Anonymousreply 78July 27, 2020 10:25 AM

I have a feeling he sees himself as a new Donald Trump in the not so distant future, someone outside the traditional political scene who might end up in the White House. He's scarily successful at the moment and possibly thinks that will be enough to become another right-wing thought leader.

It's clear he and his friend Alex Jones are following their own alt-right agenda and spreading the word. Rogan is more dangerous since he's not an unstable lunatic like Jones. He pretends to be moderate yet he was pro-Sanders when everyone knew Trump would most probably beat him easily. Now he's finally openly promoting Trump when the plan to get Sanders the nomination fell through. It's interesting to see how he'll react up until the election and then when Trump loses.

by Anonymousreply 79July 27, 2020 11:01 AM

He's voting for Trump. Apparently the six pounds of elk meat he eats every day is tainted with brain worms.

by Anonymousreply 80July 27, 2020 11:08 AM

I'm just waiting for this midget pig's "me-too" moment to arrive. And you just know it's coming.

Come on girls, gather your nerve and start talking!

But then, it's very likely he's as queer as queer can be.

by Anonymousreply 81July 27, 2020 11:43 AM

When is this dunce gonna be cancelled? And DL, fucking stop posting about him!

by Anonymousreply 82July 27, 2020 12:23 PM

He said he's voting for Trump so he can fuck right off.

by Anonymousreply 83July 27, 2020 12:28 PM

Did he wear out his welcome in all the leather bars in LA?

by Anonymousreply 84July 27, 2020 12:30 PM

The bottom line is that Austin doesn’t like famous people living here and being famous unless it’s Matthew McConaughey, who went to UT, attends every home game, and has lived here off and on for thirty years. Further, the property tax rate is close to 3% so do the math on a multimillion dollar home. I’m in real estate and people from California and NYC are often surprised at the monthly cost. And that multimillion dollar home he wants would be in Tarrytown or Pemberton Heights, old money neighborhoods who will cringe and roll their eyes at him. I suppose he could buy in Bouldin or Travis Heights but they would dislike him even more. He could move out to Lakeway, which is more conservative, but in no way is that Austin. Between Tesla opening a factory here and this news, I despair.

by Anonymousreply 85July 27, 2020 1:39 PM

R85, Austin people really don’t like flash or fame, and I think that’s so admirable. I’ve lived here for 8 years, and pretentiousness of any kind really is looked down upon. Even the rich people are down to Earth; they may drive a Tesla or Porsche, but they’ll be wearing flip flops and a t-shirt.

I see Rogan moving out to someplace like far out Westlake, which is conservative and where lots are bigger.

by Anonymousreply 86July 27, 2020 3:47 PM

As my father always said, there's a difference between southern millionaires and millionaires from outside the south. A southern millionaire will always drive his own Rolls Royce.

by Anonymousreply 87July 27, 2020 3:52 PM

R70, you’re a moron, and you clearly have never been to Austin. I’m talking about Austin the city, not the suburbs. In the past month in central city I have not seen one obese or even overweight person.

Everyone is fit, and compared to most southern cities, people are also quite attractive. Not LA attractive but better looking than than most cities. Again, if you like hot white guys, not a day goes by where you won’t see one just going about your day.

Don’t make generalizations without merit, douche.

by Anonymousreply 88July 27, 2020 3:53 PM

Dallas is a much more hick town than Houston.

by Anonymousreply 89July 27, 2020 4:00 PM

Is he going to be there full-time or just long enough to get residence and lower taxes?

He can then 'rent' a home and write it off as a work studio in California for when he's out there.

He's not going to love Texas - I think it's part marketing and part tax-haven.

The only hope I have is that he's super successful in Texas and starts to change some of their backward heads.

by Anonymousreply 90July 27, 2020 4:03 PM

If it's true that he is indicating he will be voting for Trump. Then fuck him and his meathead douche bros repugs.

by Anonymousreply 91July 27, 2020 4:06 PM

Of course he's voting for Trump, you idiots. He's very clear about being a republican.

But obviously, the reasons he listed are not the real reasons he's leaving. Rogan is running out of money and can't afford the cost of living in Cali, so he's moving to Texas, which is notoriously cheap to live in. A little money goes a long way there.

by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2020 4:13 PM

But Austin isn’t cheap at all, R92. It is by far theist expensive large city in Texas to live in, and property taxes are insane.

As the attached listings show, $800k to $1MM doesn’t get anything spectacular. In central city, it’s an older home with some updates, under 3k sq/ft. In Dallas or Houston you can get a much nicer house for this kind of money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 27, 2020 4:21 PM

I can't even tell if R92 is joking/trolling. Rogan just signed a well-publicized multiyear deal with Spotify, worth $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 94July 27, 2020 4:28 PM

[quote] The only hope I have is that he's super successful in Texas and starts to change some of their backward heads.

Did you forget who we're talking about? You actually expect that right wing motherfucker to change the thinking of backward goobers from Texas?

by Anonymousreply 95July 27, 2020 4:45 PM

Rogan will be filling the rather large void (that's a fat joke) left by Rush Limbaugh when he finally kicks the bucket. (Which will be when? We were told he was on death's doorstep months ago when Dumpy gave him his Presidential Medal of Freedom).

Tesla just announced they are building their truck factory in the Austin area. All of these right wing people want to leave California because they don't want to pay an nickel in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 96July 27, 2020 4:56 PM

Don't care about Joe Rogan or his whereabouts. Don't know a single asshole who listens to him.

by Anonymousreply 97July 27, 2020 5:11 PM

R88 I'm not the poster you are responding to, but I am a (recent) former long-time Austinite, and you forgot to mention in your initial post that you were talking about downtown Austin, where you obviously live. Yes, people who live in and near downtown are younger and quite fit and a big part of that is because of UT Austin which is right there. You seem to be in a bit of a bubble as far as what constitutes "Austin".

East side there's a lot of Hispanics and Black people, much less in the rest of the city and surrounding areas. I was surprised how few black people you'd see outside of that enclave.

by Anonymousreply 98July 27, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote] He's not right all the time and yeah he's a nutbag but some of his information around nutrition and vitamins and exercise.

You wanna finish that thought, dear?

by Anonymousreply 99July 27, 2020 5:19 PM

By the way, the reason property taxes are sky-high in Austin (and Texas in general) is because there is no state income tax. I calculated that I would have spent roughly the same in income tax if they had it, with what I paid in property tax. But I'm (upper) middle class. It's a regressive tax and rich people don't feel it like the lower classes, so it is actually cheaper for them to live in Austin than somewhere that has a more balanced state income tax.

by Anonymousreply 100July 27, 2020 5:19 PM

R100 I live in Nevada and our economy is imploding because there's no state income tax. A large portion of the state revenue came from the gaming/tourism industry and now nobody is travelling here because of Covid. But if you even whisper about instituting a state income tax, these people go nuts and will fight to the death not to be taxed in any form or fashion. It's a recipe for disaster as we are finding out.

by Anonymousreply 101July 27, 2020 5:22 PM

R101 expect the other taxes to be raised as a result. Most often the "other taxes" are all regressive.

by Anonymousreply 102July 27, 2020 5:28 PM

I kinda liked his podcasts. (well half are just fighter stuff I don't give a shit about and never listened to.) But I don't mind bringing on extremist voices and asking them questions. All that's fine. But when you start believing that Trump is anything but a stupid, malevolent asshole with no interest in anything besides himself, his money, and a weird interest in his daughter, you have lost the plot and need to step back and re-evaluate.

by Anonymousreply 103July 27, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote]Austin is a great city that prioritizes health and fitness, and it’s very rare to see an obese person. Tons of hot dudes everywhere but most are straight. The gay guys here are sadly, gross, nelly, and 99% are bottoms. The gay scene is really pathetic too, just two bars on 4th. But if you like seeing hot white dudes every time you leave your house, it’s a good place to be.

R42 Ugh, you. You're that snow queen faggot who needs to be put of its misery.

by Anonymousreply 104July 27, 2020 5:38 PM

R102 That, and they're having to slash and burn all higher education, social services, etc. It is the Republican wet dream.

I'm not at all opposed to paying a state income tax, but these rural people who have big ranches and the mining companies, all getting largesse from using cheap government land (ie. minimal grazing and mining fees) will not stand for paying a state income tax to support all the blacks, gays, and Democrats in Las Vegas and Reno.

by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2020 6:51 PM

Yep, R104, that’s me, you unhinged, deranged elderly Queen. You’re just jealous because I get the hot white dick you wish you could. Eat shit bitch.

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2020 7:21 PM

R106 You poor, sad coon, throwing out "just jealous" taunts. A joke. Why would I ever be jealous of a desperate, white man's cum dump. FTR, I'm 29 and fuck whoever I want. The difference is I can get them to come back.

by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2020 7:47 PM

No 29 year-old uses the word “coon”, R107. You’re a fat, ugly, elderly, effeminate RACIST white bottom bitch. I’m going to suck a white dick today just for the satisfaction of knowing you’ll be seething with jealously and anger 😂. I’ve blocked your sorry ass, too. 🖕🏽

by Anonymousreply 108July 27, 2020 8:02 PM

Good riddance.

by Anonymousreply 109July 27, 2020 8:04 PM

Austin lost the charm it had 20 or 30 years ago, now it's just another high rise sprawling mess, the charm has been paved over

by Anonymousreply 110July 28, 2020 5:49 AM

Does Sandra Bullock still live there?

by Anonymousreply 111July 28, 2020 4:26 PM

Does Matthew McConaughey still live in Austin? Maybe he and Joe can become weight lifting buddies, getting all hot and sweaty out in the garage. One thing leads to another.....

by Anonymousreply 112July 28, 2020 4:43 PM

Yes they both still have homes there.

by Anonymousreply 113July 28, 2020 10:01 PM

Bye.

by Anonymousreply 114July 28, 2020 11:12 PM

[QUOTE] Does Matthew McConaughey still live in Austin? Maybe he and Joe can become weight lifting buddies, getting all hot and sweaty out in the garage. One thing leads to another.....

Which one would be the top, R112?

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2020 11:15 PM

R115 It would be a flip flop.

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2020 11:45 PM

I think Rogan has views that are all over the political spectrum. He also has guests on his show that obviously aren’t just about politics, and those are the shows that I think are the most interesting. He’ll have experts and celebs on who are not exactly in demand but nevertheless they’re entertaining or offer thoughtful contents on the show. For instance this interview with David Lee Roth who most people assume to be a dumb, past-it rock star. But from this interview and further reading up on him, he’s actually an original, quite intelligent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117July 29, 2020 4:54 PM

You’re right, R117. Rogan has a good show that offers lots of different viewpoints and dissects all of them. People who call it an alt-right Trump rally are embarrassingly misinformed and have clearly never watched a single clip.

by Anonymousreply 118July 29, 2020 5:12 PM

R117, I doubt many people view David Lee Roth as an airhead rock star. After all he left the music business and started working as a paramedic. That in itself tells we're not talking about Vince Neill here.

by Anonymousreply 119July 29, 2020 5:31 PM

Guess I’m a sick fuck because I find him sexy in a weird way. Douche bro though.

by Anonymousreply 120July 29, 2020 5:33 PM

R118, that's the M.O. of various propaganda outlets these days, including Russia's RT propaganda channel. You tell news from various angles but still in the end push the real goal by for example in Rogan's case supporting Trump. Why would anyone who's not an alt-righter support Trump at this point when they've seen what he's done? Obviously these rich Hollywood types live in their own reality but knowing Rogan is apparently good friends with the super asshole Alex Jones does tell something of his own views as well. Obviously one can and even should have friends with different views but really, it's all about the Trump thing. Rogan has tried to show himself as a moderate and non-political and yet he's always working to make Trump win. People like you who see him as a great guy are more likely to see Trump in a good light when he endorses him.

R120, most guys over certain age probably remember Rogan well from News Radio where his practically only function was to be a hot himbo. That's one of the reasons he hasn't really been taken that seriously. His only claim to fame were his looks.

by Anonymousreply 121July 29, 2020 11:01 PM

I agree with r121. Propaganda is at its most insidious when it surrounds itself in "normal". You entertain the majority of the time, but slip in the pushes and comments that lead people down a particular path.

It doesn't have to be as blatant as the Fox talking head daily shows like Tucker Carlson - where it's a full hour of a specific viewpoint - to be propaganda.

If Rogan is voting Trump after pushing Bernie - that says a LOT about the man and while you may be entertained by his show, you have to know you are making it easy for his viewpoint to take root in your psyche.

by Anonymousreply 122July 30, 2020 11:45 AM

With his liberal guests (like in this interview with David Pakman) he likes to emphasize how 'left' he is on social and environmental issues (including being adamantly pro-choice):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 30, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote] including being adamantly pro-choice

This isn't necessarily about Rogan but hot guys who sleep around a lot tend to be pro-choice for purely selfish reasons.

by Anonymousreply 124July 30, 2020 2:59 PM

He's a racist, homophobic douchebag who said he is voting for Trump. Hard pass.

by Anonymousreply 125July 30, 2020 4:41 PM

what has he said that's racist or homophobic?

by Anonymousreply 126July 30, 2020 4:43 PM

Here you go R126

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127July 30, 2020 4:50 PM

R18 Is right. This whole thing is about money. Joe Rogan just signed $100 million deal with Spotify and his contract begins on August 1. If he moves to Texas before the end of this year he will save approximately $12 million in taxes.

by Anonymousreply 128July 30, 2020 4:56 PM

R127 no one cares about his "transphobia" because everything anyone says seems to be interpreted as transphobic nowdays. It's one of those fake words that is quickly losing the impact it once had because it's been so overused.

by Anonymousreply 129July 30, 2020 7:10 PM

Also "transphobic" != homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 130July 30, 2020 7:11 PM

His Buddy Brian Callan has been accused of sexual assault and misconduct.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131July 31, 2020 6:59 PM

R127 Enough of the name-calling. Being concerned about the statistically unprecedented increase in young teenage girls announcing that they’re transgender, usually after spending a lot of time online and struggling with clinical depression, is not transphobia.

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2020 7:43 PM

Transphobia doesn't necessarily mean homophobia since pro-trans issues can be homophobic themselves. Although for many 'phobes gays and trans are the same thing. Still, if the quote below is true there's no way to claim he hasn't spouted homophobia. Childhood sexual abuse causing homosexuality is an ancient tactic homophobes have used, alongside the claim that gays are pedophiles.

[bold] "Joe Rogan talking about his theory that childhood sexual abuse is what makes some people gay. Oh, and he is sharing this theory with the founder of the alt-right Proud Boys."[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 133August 1, 2020 10:43 AM

But he's not just one thing. The alt-right Proud Boys are also presumably listening to him talk about how he can't understand why anyone would oppose gay marriage or think that gays are immoral.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 1, 2020 2:39 PM

Can Joe Rogan be CANCELED?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135August 1, 2020 3:42 PM

in texas he will get covid

very sad

by Anonymousreply 136August 5, 2020 9:51 AM

I'm not keen on dudey bro-y types like him in American media. They think they're kind of edgy and outside the box - but they're just as much clones as all the other types of clones in America. Basically I know exactly what he thinks about everything even though I've hardly ever seen or heard his schtick - because I know his schtick.

by Anonymousreply 137August 5, 2020 11:13 AM

He's been accurately described as "alt-right adjacent" and is considered an intellectual by his audience.

by Anonymousreply 138August 5, 2020 6:27 PM

At least Rogan speaks out about the barbaric act of mutilating the penis.

by Anonymousreply 139August 5, 2020 6:33 PM

Some “intellectual”I stumbled on a clip where his main issue with Steve Mnuchin was that his wife is too hot for him. Said “the disparity in beauty is disgusting”. A very American reaction where it’s literally the only country in the world where something like that would be noticed and remarked on.

by Anonymousreply 140August 6, 2020 5:31 AM

Where did he end up going?

by Anonymousreply 141August 6, 2020 5:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!