Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Larry King special edition on the death of Regis Philbin

On the line we have Kathie Lee R.I.P., his long time co-hostess Twinkies. Kathie Lee, was his life one big, Joyous Carnival cruise? He always seemed so happy. My consolations to your husband Mark Consuelos and you.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 1:18 AM

Welcome back, we're live with Kathie Lee Gifford, who somehow knew Regis Philbin. Tell us Kathie, how was it to be one of the hosts of That's Incredible?

by Anonymousreply 1July 25, 2020 7:31 PM

Liza, would you care to join in about the passing of Robert De Niro?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2020 7:35 PM

So sad - the closure of the St. Regis Hotel.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2020 7:45 PM

On the phone we have Aileen Quinn, here to share her thoughts about the death of fictional villainess Lily St. Regis. You're on, Annie.

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2020 8:54 PM

On the line is Kelly Rippert. Kelly, why'd you kill Regis?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2020 10:28 PM

Our viewers are sending emails sharing their thoughts on the passing of Regis Foreman. My producer is telling me we're about to show a heartwarming image, just one of the many being sent in by you all. Let's throw it up on screen:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2020 10:39 PM

What a sad day it is here at Larry King Live. Death is always hard to swallow, but this time, it's incomprehensible.

Great legends in TV and few and far between. I should know, I'm one of them! But there are so few others in our club, yet death has seen fit to take on not just one but TWO legends.

Robin and Phil McGraw have gone to the other side. After years and years and years of their endless banter delighting morning audiences, they are to chatter away on TV no more. What a void they leave, but what great entertainment they provided.

I'm sure you all are as stunned as I am. So, let's all take a moment to reflect, then when we come back from the break, we'll talk to some people who knew them best.

We've got Dr. Ruth Westheimer on the line waiting to tell us how she discovered Robin and Phil. Next we'll chat with All My Children star Susan Lucci about her power play to usurp them on the show, which ultimately lead to thier quitting the show that was named after them! Susan promises to tell all!

After that, Dr. Joyce Brothers will offer some insights into how to grieve this incalculable loss.

Then finally, a fan favorite, as well as a personal fave, the voluptuous Joey Heatherton will tell us what she was doing on Sept. 11 when she learned the World Trade Center towers had been hit.

Stay with us.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2020 10:48 PM

We are now talking about the Regiside, and you know why, with a name like mine, I am so against it.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2020 10:49 PM

We have a remote team standing by at Lake Piru, and we'll go to them once we hear they've found Regis's body.

by Anonymousreply 9July 26, 2020 12:23 AM

A great loss tonight as we have lost Regis Philbin. Of course, he was a descendant of President Millard Philbin.

Leslie Uggams is on the line. Les, what say you?

by Anonymousreply 10July 26, 2020 12:43 AM

[quote] Leslie Uggams is on the line. Les, what say you?

Huckabee bejeebers!

by Anonymousreply 11July 26, 2020 1:18 AM

What was YOUR favorite Regis Toomey performance? Scranton, Pennsylvania, go...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 26, 2020 1:25 AM

The Lord said, "Send Regis Toomey" and Death misunderstood.

by Anonymousreply 13July 26, 2020 2:05 AM

"And we're back...Larry King here covering the death of famous talk show host Phil Donahue, who's been a guest several times in the past. Tonight's memorial is sponsored by Regis Hair Salons...for when you can afford better than Supercuts.

We were hoping to have Phil's widow--the lovely Marlo Thomas--on, but she's understandably got her hands full. So we have her brother Tony with us, co-producer of many beloved sitcoms such as 'Golden Girls', 'Empty Nest', and 'It's a Living'. Tony, is it true that Bea Arthur and Betty White hated one another? If so, why didn't you cast your sister Marlo in one of the roles? Did her work with Shriner's get in the way? By the way, do you still talk to Ann Jillian?

Up next, we have Phil's one-time competitor in the ratings, Sally Jesse Raphael, to give some parting words on the late Phil Hartman. Don't go away."

by Anonymousreply 14July 26, 2020 4:00 AM

And we're back.

Joining us now is Gelbert, the longtime producer for Regis.

Gelbert welcome. One of Regis' most famous stunts was opening mobster Al Capone's vault on live TV back in 1986.

I still remember being glued to my set watching to see what treasures Regis would uncover. That was brave doing a live broadcast not knowing what would be inside that vault. What was the thinking behind doing that special?

Joining

by Anonymousreply 15July 26, 2020 11:49 AM

"And we're back, folks. I've just received word that Olivia de Havilland has died. This is a double blow for John Travolta, who starred with Olivia in 'Grease' and just lost his wife Kelly Rutherford. Here to comment is Didi Conn...Dodo, you not only worked with Olivia and John on 'Grease', but also Ringo Starr on 'Shining Time Station'. Did Yoko Ono ever show up on set unannounced?

by Anonymousreply 16July 27, 2020 2:35 AM

And... we’re back. Olive Oil has died. The news, tragic. Popeye is inconsolable. Brutus? We can’t find him. We are awaiting a call from the Sea Hag. After this break, Poopdeck Pappy and Mickey Rooney discuss this sweet lady, gone too soon.

Don’t go away.

by Anonymousreply 17July 27, 2020 2:47 AM

Olivia de Havilland joins us by phone. You look amazing, dear. What words of comfort do you have for the people of California, where Regis was born in 1905?

by Anonymousreply 18July 30, 2020 10:13 PM

Regis experience a lot of prejudice when he first came to this country. When his cousin waged war on Freedom, Reege was glad he'd long ago altered his surname from Phil Bin Laden.

by Anonymousreply 19July 30, 2020 10:25 PM

"Regis is dead, long live Regis," as they used to say in better times. Don't go away ... next up ...

by Anonymousreply 20July 30, 2020 10:39 PM

"Regis is dead, long live Regis," as the kids say now. Don't go away ... next up ... Lusha Minelli is on the line after a message from Crisco.

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!