Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Kissing Booth 2

The sequel to 2018's Kissing Booth came out today on Netflix, starring hotties Joel Courtney and Jacob Elordi alongside Joey King.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2020 6:14 PM

THOTS

by Anonymousreply 1July 24, 2020 5:33 PM

Compared to the rest of the pretty cast the gays look way below average.

by Anonymousreply 2July 25, 2020 10:44 AM

Christ, it’s 2 hours and 12 minutes? I don’t think I really need more that 85-90 minutes at most.

by Anonymousreply 3July 25, 2020 1:32 PM

So, she’s wearing a really bad wig right? Why didn’t they just let her get a cute short haircut?

by Anonymousreply 4July 25, 2020 1:54 PM

How are they affording a $25,000-$30,000 a year private high school, but there are money issues for college?

by Anonymousreply 5July 25, 2020 1:57 PM

Courtney is not aging well despite them trying to rebrand him as a twunk.

by Anonymousreply 6July 25, 2020 2:24 PM

There was an interesting interview with the director/writer on Queerty yesterday, but the reviews have not been kind. I think the consensus is too bland and too long.

by Anonymousreply 7July 25, 2020 2:36 PM

OK, that was a hot mess, and I don’t mean in a Jacob Elordi half naked and shirtless hot way.

by Anonymousreply 8July 25, 2020 3:38 PM

I did not dislike it but the storyline was a bit predictable i.e new love interests/is the boyfriend cheating. The new guy Taylor who plays Mario is really attractive. The end leaves the door open for a part 3 but Jacob did not seem that keen. Oops.

by Anonymousreply 9July 25, 2020 5:11 PM

Their faces look squished.

by Anonymousreply 10July 25, 2020 5:29 PM

“The Kissing Booth 2” Shows Another Lazy Attempt at Diversity

[quote]A similar tokenization issue happens with the addition of a gay subplot featuring Ollie (played by Judd Krok), a character who appeared in the background of the original. The gay plotline, like the addition of two characters of color, feels meant to tick a box on a diversity checklist, rather than make any real statement on queer issues. If it’s not clear already: This is a film that is completely obsessed with the lives of white, heterosexual people. When a gay (white!) person is introduced, it somehow only underscores Elle’s beliefs in true love always winning out and allows “gay” to be listed to the film’s menagerie of diverse stories it wants you to believe it’s telling. By the time the two gay characters share a kiss at the end — after not really having any substantive conversations throughout the film’s two-plus-hour runtime — you can feel the film patting itself on the back for letting two dudes smooch it out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 27, 2020 9:34 PM

[quote] Compared to the rest of the pretty cast the gays look way below average.

To be fail Elle is equally as unappealing as the gay tokens. My big problem was that she has 2 hot guys fighting over her.

by Anonymousreply 12July 27, 2020 9:44 PM

Gay kiss scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13July 27, 2020 9:46 PM

Have not seen either one, but I read a third was already filmed.

by Anonymousreply 14July 27, 2020 9:52 PM

Netflix loves milking straight love stories

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 27, 2020 9:57 PM

The first one was panned by critics.

However, according to Netflix, it was extremely successful and rewatches were stronger than most of their show.

You cannot deny the chemistry between the three leads.

They've apparently already filmed the third one - fortunate since Elordi is not doing any support for the second one and wouldn't likely come back for a third.

by Anonymousreply 16July 30, 2020 11:55 PM

One thing that really struck me was that the Elle character could have been played by a pre-crazy Amanda Bynes.

by Anonymousreply 17July 30, 2020 11:59 PM

R15 everyone does.

by Anonymousreply 18July 31, 2020 12:27 AM

Jacob Elordi didn't too much like everyone thirsting over his body in the first Kissing Booth.

“At the time, I was super young and got thrown into a world where everyone wanted to talk about my body… it really fucking bothered me,” he says. “I don’t identify with that whatsoever. I was trying to prove myself and be known as an actor. It was so much working out and I hated every second of it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 31, 2020 6:14 AM

Awww... poor baby

by Anonymousreply 20July 31, 2020 6:16 AM

They also film a third one? Maybe they put all the good stuff in that one?

by Anonymousreply 21July 31, 2020 6:43 AM

Joey King smiles like she thinks you smell but is forced to be polite to you anyway.

by Anonymousreply 22July 31, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Jacob Elordi didn't too much like everyone thirsting over his body in the first Kissing Booth.

The opening image of Elordi in the first movie was him in very, very low slung football pants with the top of a black jock strap peeking out the top and asking for a cup (which we later find out is XL) and accompanied by the line that "he's stupidly hot."

it's his first and breakout movie. Most actors do not breakout as he did with that movie. While I get being upset, he really needs to put it into perspective. At the time, he was one of thousands of "stupidly hot" guys who they might have cast. He simply had good chemistry and was a slightly better actor than option number 2 or 3.

I do get that he doesn't want to be typecast as the toxic boyfriend with anger issues who is smoking hot. But, complaining about the first movie is ridiculous. He is inching toward Jake Ryan (Michael Schoeffling) levels of buzz for being hot.

by Anonymousreply 23July 31, 2020 1:48 PM

Agreed, R23. Jacob has a good role in Euphoria, he's doing okay. Kissing Booth is a fun and frivolous movie, sure, but it gave him his break. Maybe actors who do those types of movies feel it will affect them from getting 'serious' roles.

He can also be a et good roles and be seen as smoking hot. It did not harm Brad Pitt!

by Anonymousreply 24July 31, 2020 4:11 PM

He's now moved into mullet territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 31, 2020 6:19 PM

Elordi is also in the comedy The Very Excellent Mr. Dundee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 31, 2020 6:54 PM

[quote]So, she’s wearing a really bad wig right? Why didn’t they just let her get a cute short haircut?

King had just shaved her head for her role in The Act - for which she actually got Emmy, Golden Globe, and SAG nominations for best lead actress. She played a girl whose mother suffered from Munchausen by proxy.

At the time of filming, she barely had any hair. It wasn't even short.

She sort of looked like Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 2, 2020 12:29 PM

Yeah as R14 stated, they already filmed a Part 3 and it’s due to come out next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 16, 2020 8:24 PM

I couldn't figure out where I had seen Joey King before. She played young Talia al Ghul in The Dark Knight Rises.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29August 16, 2020 9:05 PM

Howard Stern is a huge fan of both Kissing Booth movies. He interviewed Joey King on his show last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30August 16, 2020 9:07 PM

R29 she’s been in quite a few things.

by Anonymousreply 31August 22, 2020 7:22 PM

She was also the best thing in "The Conjuring 2". Really convinced you that she saw something in the corner:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 22, 2020 7:28 PM

She was Emmy nominated for that series she did with Patty Arquette

by Anonymousreply 33August 22, 2020 7:30 PM

I liked the first but didn’t like this one. It was too long and took itself to serious.

Also, why are these hot guys dying for this basic chick?

by Anonymousreply 34August 23, 2020 8:30 PM

[quote]Also, why are these hot guys dying for this basic chick?

Joey King cleans up very nicely.

The Elle character is also one of a long line of girls that appeals to guys in the Ginger vs. Mary Ann dichotomy, like Joey Potter from Dawson's Creek.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35August 23, 2020 8:43 PM

That’s girl looks like a gremlin

by Anonymousreply 36August 23, 2020 9:33 PM

I think she is quite charming. The Howard Stern interview was really good.

by Anonymousreply 37September 2, 2020 1:49 PM

I'm waiting for The Kissing Booth 3: The Fucking Booth

by Anonymousreply 38September 2, 2020 1:52 PM

Are those two in the picture supposed to be dating? Because they look like siblings.

by Anonymousreply 39September 2, 2020 2:16 PM

The guy who plays Jacob’s younger bro is so cute

by Anonymousreply 40September 2, 2020 4:03 PM

Joel Courtney got married which confuses me as he is clearly gay. They have known each other since they were toddlers and have a church background together, so I guess maybe this is a religious coverup thing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 1, 2020 6:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!