Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Romney is not CRAZY: Pay Attention People

I think the polls today can let people relax and be lazy about working hard to get Joe elected. Many of today's protesters will be AWOL on election day. I hope I am wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2020 4:32 PM

Only non-Republicans make "statements" by not voting, or voting for fringe-dwelllers, or writing-in some weirdo.

by Anonymousreply 1July 23, 2020 11:57 PM

Two things he didn't address but knows is true but he wants to keep his mouth shut because it also works to his advantage:

— Amplifying voter suppression efforts

— The silent "majority" in favor of Trump not contributing to polls

Either way, the takeaway from ANYTHING right now is that it doesn't matter, if you want Trump out, get your fucking ass to vote him out.

by Anonymousreply 2July 23, 2020 11:58 PM

Romney is a Republican senator who does not want to be a Democrat.

His answer is perfectly in line with his career goals.

by Anonymousreply 3July 24, 2020 12:01 AM

He is correct.

by Anonymousreply 4July 24, 2020 12:05 AM

I can believe it. The youth don’t vote. Latinos don’t vote.

Regardless of your state, vote.

by Anonymousreply 5July 24, 2020 12:07 AM

Black votes matter. But they’d rather loot and complain about everything.

by Anonymousreply 6July 24, 2020 12:26 AM

R6 = racist trash

by Anonymousreply 7July 24, 2020 12:28 AM

FAKE NEWS!

Seniors are the most active at the polls and Trump has lost them over Covid wrecklessness.

BYE, BORIS! You and Trump are going STRAIGHT DOWN THE SHITTER this year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Romney may not be crazy, but he's a flip-flopping WHORE loser!

by Anonymousreply 9July 24, 2020 12:32 AM

Do you guys remember how shocked Romney was during his concession speech the night he lost?

Even though the polls had him down all year, he and his sycophants bullshitted him into believing he could win.

He seemed totally surprised and devastated when he had to admit defeated. LIFE IN THE 'CONSERVATIVE' BUBBLE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10July 24, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote]wrecklessness

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 11July 24, 2020 12:36 AM

People forget he’s a Mormon. Like his dad and that asshole from Utah that died. You can’t trust ‘em when it comes to GOP shit.

For all we know the byplay b/w him and Trump was just another puppet show to distract the masses.

by Anonymousreply 12July 24, 2020 2:03 PM

I take his and OP's point, Trump could win and we need to keep at it and not get complacent. However if he does I think it will be because of voter suppression and other such shenanigans, not for the reasons he gives.

"The advantages of incumbency" is not a magical formula; it has to do with whether the electorate thinks things are going well or not overall. Incumbency held no advantages for Carter or Bush Senior, and Bush Junior came very close to losing with the Iraq war going south. Reagan, Clinton, and Obama were presiding over relatively peaceful and prosperous conditions.

Trump is going to "tack to the middle"? Whenever he's done anything slightly resembling that, he tacks right back again to feed his (shrinking) base more craziness. Think Charlottesville, for example. His words and actions tend to undercut any brief "tacking to the middle" he does, at least among the people to whom "the middle" is supposed to appeal.

The "young people and minorities" may vote in lower numbers than others, but they—plus a growing number in other groups who want Trump out now, including older people and white suburbanites—have been enough to push elections against Trump since his inauguration. Do the signs point to a swell of Trump support since November 2018?

Also, what R10 said. Romney may not be the greatest prognosticator.

by Anonymousreply 13July 24, 2020 2:23 PM

Get your election law attorneys on retainer people, you will be needing them!

by Anonymousreply 14July 24, 2020 2:31 PM

I think Romney greatly underestimates the level of extreme hatred people have for Trump. Every vote against him will be another needle stuck into his bloated ego, and I for one will do my part, even if I have to crawl over broken glass to cast my vote for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 15July 24, 2020 4:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!