Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A merry Christmas for all: Hallmark Channel to add LGBTQ+ storylines to its holiday lineup

Well, you bitches asked for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 12:52 AM

Seriously?? I did not expect this. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 1July 22, 2020 3:51 AM

How many will star Luke McFarlane?

by Anonymousreply 2July 22, 2020 7:30 AM

I love this. Go hallmark

by Anonymousreply 3July 22, 2020 7:40 AM

[quote]“Diversity and inclusion is a top priority for us and we look forward to making some exciting programming announcements in the coming months

I think gay people can thank the whole BLM movement for getting people to rethink their actions. Otherwise, I would never see this happening.

by Anonymousreply 4July 22, 2020 7:45 AM

R4, rethink their not casting ethnic minorities. Gays have nothing to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 5July 22, 2020 7:49 AM

Trans working its way into gay rights is like a genie granting a trick wish. You may ask for your dead mother back but instead receive an urn of talking ashes that complain bitterly about everything.

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2020 7:56 AM

There will be four LGBTQ+ Hallmark Christmas movies and five of them will start black trans "women" and six of those will be played by Laverne Cox.

You're welcome for your new diverse representation, gays and lesbians!

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2020 8:04 AM

Stay tuned for the heart-warming story of a family discovering their True Authentic Selves as a middle-aged heterosexual dad rummages through his wife’s lingerie drawer and realizes he’s always been a lesbian while their sassy 15 year-old undergoes a bilateral mastectomy and changes zir name to Aiden.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2020 8:06 AM

Is that true, r7? Because I was going to say something along those lines as a joke.

But how can you have 4 shows, 5 of which anything?

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2020 8:10 AM

Let me guess: it’ll just be trans and lesbian shit since gay men have been erased lately.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2020 8:12 AM

Only lesbian characters, I bet. Or only campy men for comic effect.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2020 1:34 PM

What about the gay Jews? Will they be represented too?

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2020 1:51 PM

Uh oh - One Million Moms - all 12 of them - are going to be PISSED!

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2020 2:00 PM

How would this work out since their viewers are mostly middle aged conservative women. It will be funny if viewership drops.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2020 2:07 PM

LGBTQ+ = Trans.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2020 2:09 PM

R4, Holly Robinson Peete has a mystery series on the mystery channel and a show on the regular channel. And it has been on for at least a couple of years now. The mysteries are based on Al Roker's book or books.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2020 4:39 PM

It's nice to see, but the only Hallmark Christmas content I ever watch, are the old Christmas episodes of "Little House On The Prairie", "The Waltons", and so on.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2020 4:48 PM

Thank you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2020 5:39 PM

I hope Hallmark favorite Candace Cameron Bure plays a lesbian in one.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2020 5:52 PM

Will Lacey Chabert play a widowed lesbian mom who moves back to her hometown from the Big City? And then has an antagonistic encounter with a lesbian sheriff she went to high school with? And end up scissoring (off camera of course) about 90 minutes in?

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2020 5:57 PM

The lesbian characters will probably femme lesbians. No way will Hallmark have butch lesbo characters in their movies.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Here's my idea for a movie

Nick Kringle is a gay restaurant owner in New York whose secret is that he's the son of Santa who was kicked out of North Pole after coming out to his parents. Nick lives a happy life with his boyfriend Jeff. Things are turned upside down when an elf shows up begging Nick to return to the North Pole and take over for his father. Will Nick leave behind his gay community in NYC to return to the North Pole? Will Jeff learn his boyfriend's secret?

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2020 6:14 PM

I wonder if Hallmark will also start featuring interracial couples. There was a controversy a few years back when an extra on a movie set was told that interracial couples are no in Hallmark movies.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2020 6:16 PM

[quote]I hope Hallmark favorite Candace Cameron Bure plays a lesbian in one.

I wonder if she's having a meltdown right now about Hallmark's decision.

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2020 7:31 PM

This is probably a move to get Brucilla in a very special Hallmark holiday special where instead of dad carving the turkey, he carves the chicken... Merry holiday hilarity ensues.

by Anonymousreply 25July 23, 2020 3:00 AM

This sounds like a perfect opportunity for Colton, his particular brand of cheese is perfect for Hallmark. And for some reason I bet he tracks well with straight women. While I’m at it might as well add in Clayton too. Maybe they can play rivals for some cute older daddy’s affection, ending in them all being a throuple with two bedrooms for Colton and Clayton and he alternates between them?

by Anonymousreply 26July 23, 2020 3:08 AM

I can see Ben and Noah expanding on the storyline from Real O’Neal’s of rival boyfriends in the choir at Christmas time to make a gay holiday movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 23, 2020 3:13 AM

Currently in post production:

Jingle Balls

We Three Queens

It Came Upon A Midnight Queer

Up On The Bathhouse Top

Mary!'s Boy Child

O Glory Hole Night

I'll Be Homo For Christmas

There's No Place Like Home Depot For The Holidays

Trans Siberian Orchestra

by Anonymousreply 28July 23, 2020 3:13 AM

Who wants to bet that, for gays, there will be no kissing and no sleeping together in the same bed.

I'm seeing LGBT people as supporting characters in the B storylines. (e.g. after Taylor moves back to her small hometown from the city, her gay male high school friend and his partner will give her a makeover to help her land the hot blue collar man who lives in town.

by Anonymousreply 29July 23, 2020 3:14 AM

Maybe Billy Eichnier can expand on his new role of Paul Lynde and do a show inspired by the Halloween Special, but it’s a Christmas Special with him playing Lynde being the Grinch trying to host campy Christmas TV show with all kinds of hilarious mishaps and he ends up falling in love with the twink playing Max with Garrett Clayton in the role?

by Anonymousreply 30July 23, 2020 3:19 AM

That's exactly what it'll be, R29.

by Anonymousreply 31July 23, 2020 3:20 AM

I wonder how many they were able to film before lockdown.

by Anonymousreply 32July 23, 2020 11:55 AM

Dilators in My Stocking

by Anonymousreply 33July 23, 2020 11:58 AM

Finally, Peter Peter Porte and Trevor Donovan can co-star in a series of sure-to-be seasonal classics.

Ho, Ho and one more Ho

Christmas PrEP

Santa Came

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34July 23, 2020 1:56 PM

Oh, Cum All Ye Faithful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 23, 2020 1:59 PM

I hope the sex is extra raunchy with lots of tube steak, tossed salads and a cream filled dessert for the eventual big community picnic at the end.

by Anonymousreply 36July 23, 2020 2:07 PM

I'll believe it when I see it. Last year they made a big deal about having Hanukkah movies but the actual movies turned out to be about a Jewish guy hiding his religion from his Christmas loving gf's family and another about a Jewish girl learning to love Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 37July 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Sounds good, R8.

by Anonymousreply 38July 23, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote]Who wants to bet that, for gays, there will be no kissing and no sleeping together in the same bed.

Hallmark doesn't even show the straight couples having sex or in bed. A few years back, I went to visit my parents around the holidays and they kept switching between Hallmark and Lifetime. Lifetime's Christmas movies weren't as bland as Hallmark's movies are and some quite fun like Kristen Chenoweth's 12 Men of Christmas movie.

by Anonymousreply 39July 23, 2020 6:03 PM

Andrew W. Walker can be shirtless and show off his perfect body on Lifetime.

On Hallmark, he must cover up with a Christmas sweater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 23, 2020 6:11 PM

If it's Hallmark the movies will all be about femme lesbians who never touch one another except to shake hands(briefly!)

by Anonymousreply 41July 24, 2020 12:35 AM

He’s hot in a generic kind of way @R34

by Anonymousreply 42July 24, 2020 12:44 AM

Some of the responses from religious conservatives. They should sign for one of those streaming services that only has religious movies in their catalogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 24, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]Will Lacey Chabert play a widowed lesbian mom who moves back to her hometown from the Big City? And then has an antagonistic encounter with a lesbian sheriff she went to high school with? And end up scissoring (off camera of course) about 90 minutes in?

The lesbian sheriff will probably played Alicia Witt and Danica McKellar will play the sheriff's evil corporate lesbo girlfriend who wants to close the down the bakery that is owned by Lacey's parents.

by Anonymousreply 44July 24, 2020 3:07 AM

Is it because she doesn't bake nut loaves?

by Anonymousreply 45July 24, 2020 4:08 AM

Oh, great. As if gay films weren't bad enough already...

by Anonymousreply 46July 24, 2020 4:14 AM

Sean Hayes can play a mincing elf trying to reunite a career girl with her small town high school boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 47July 24, 2020 12:47 PM

A new CEO fo the channel has been named. I bet there will be major changes and the Trumpsters how love Hallmark will probably be done with the channel by the end of the year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48July 25, 2020 4:30 AM

One Million Moms is threatening a boycott

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49July 25, 2020 4:34 AM

eeeee

by Anonymousreply 50July 25, 2020 4:55 AM

This is a space we just don't belong in. Sure, I wanna see more goofy neighbors who can set a table or decorate a bathroom, gay BFFs to chicks who wear too much make-up & hair extensions, same-sex couples the town gets waaaaay to hyper sentimental over, postcard pride caricatures, and any other palatable stereotype, all written by clueless writers who sterilize gay concepts while attempting to inject every buzzword du jour into the dialog. Fuck that! We do not need to be interpreted by people who nothing about gay people to people who really don't care to know anything about us. You know as well as I do that many gay writers will even be willing to jump on a project like a Hallmark "script" just to be "the voice".

by Anonymousreply 51August 9, 2020 3:21 PM

I am outraged they have chosen a skinny actor to portray Santa Claus! The morbidly obese need to be represented and we will not waddle away from our rightful place representing the average American body type! How dare you! How dare you sir! Now where is that plate of spaghetti and Christmas cookies!

by Anonymousreply 52August 9, 2020 3:28 PM

I hope Aaron Tveit stars in the gay one.

by Anonymousreply 53August 9, 2020 3:38 PM

Hallmark's new movie premiering on Saturday will feature a lesbian wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54August 11, 2020 1:34 AM

Keyword - feature. It'll be a non-important side plot.

by Anonymousreply 55August 11, 2020 1:35 AM

While Hallmark is taking babysteps to try to include something LGBTQ, Lifetime is going all in and making a gay Christmas movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 11, 2020 1:36 AM

R55 I agree, it's a side plot. But, it makes me a bit happy that Hallmark's homophobe fans are having meltdowns.

by Anonymousreply 57August 11, 2020 1:37 AM

Lifetime has always been ahead of inclusion compared to Hallmark. Back in the 90s and early 2000s, Lifetime made several gay related movies like Any Mother's Son where Bonnie Bedelia played a mother who discovered that her son's murder was a hate crime, that movie where Stockard Channing finds out her daughter is a lesbian, and the movie where Brooke Shields fights for her custody of her daughter after her partner dies.

Lifetime has also had movies with interracial couples and Hallmark has never had an interracial couple in any of their movies.

by Anonymousreply 58August 11, 2020 1:47 AM

Jonathan Bennett, who played straight in two previous Hallmark Christmas movies, has the lead the the channel's first gay holiday film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59September 23, 2020 11:31 PM

There has been more than one blind saying that they like to limit the number of POC in their casts for TV movies. Regardless, they are too fucking corny for me.

by Anonymousreply 60September 23, 2020 11:35 PM

We will not see any FTM or hot man-on-man action.

by Anonymousreply 61September 23, 2020 11:50 PM

R59 Those eyebrows are far from straight.

by Anonymousreply 62September 23, 2020 11:51 PM

The actor playing his boyfriend, Brad Harder, is also gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 24, 2020 1:42 AM

[quote]The actor playing his boyfriend, Brad Harder, is also gay.

I give Hallmark credit for not hiring straight actors to play gay roles.

by Anonymousreply 64September 24, 2020 3:13 AM

Isn't Catherine Bell a lesbo? Will she lead the first lesbian Hallmark movie or will it be Lacey Chabert?

by Anonymousreply 65September 24, 2020 3:34 AM

Anyone watching the movie featuring the gay couple tonight?

by Anonymousreply 66November 22, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote]There has been more than one blind saying that they like to limit the number of POC in their casts for TV movies. Regardless, they are too fucking corny for me.

A few years back, a woman who was an extra on one of their movie sets said that the producers or crew members told her that Hallmark didn't want interracial couples in their movies.

by Anonymousreply 67November 22, 2020 9:25 PM

One of this year's new movies that was shown recently centered around an interracial couple.

by Anonymousreply 68November 22, 2020 10:02 PM

Watching now and the gay plot is definitely playing second fiddle. At least there was an onscreen kiss.

by Anonymousreply 69November 23, 2020 12:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!