Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Commercials I'm hating right now

Emgality...fucking loathe them.

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2021 6:21 AM

Are the Uber Eats people afraid of insulting Vegans? Every order the celebs get delivered have no meat....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 10, 2020 11:01 PM

I hate the Uber Eats commercials with Simone Bowles and the Queer Eye gay, mainly because Simone always acts like she's disgusted by the Queer Eye guy and can barely stand to be around him.

by Anonymousreply 2December 10, 2020 11:16 PM

r2, is that who that Queen is? I had NO IDEA who he was until now but I don't watch Queer Eye so...

by Anonymousreply 3December 10, 2020 11:18 PM

Carshield. With or without Ice T. Ugh.

The Simone Bowles commercial, but for the opposite reason as R2. I hate that prissy queen, and his beard is just ugly.

by Anonymousreply 4December 10, 2020 11:21 PM

Don't know if it's national or regional (in my case Nevada) but just when I was celebrating the end of the continuous "medicare enrollment" tv scams, Charter Spectrum has taken over the airwaves. Not only are they aired constantly, often cutting into the beginning of some other ad, they even bump the start of Their Own commercials to air a different one!!

by Anonymousreply 5December 10, 2020 11:54 PM

There's some bizarre Mercedes commercial that has some weird stuffed animal creature strapped to the front of a truck trying to crawl over to a Mercedes SUV in the cold and collapses. Some little girl picks it up.

This commercial is creepy and makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 6December 11, 2020 1:36 AM

We will draw you a storyboard, R6. In the meantime, ask Santa to bring you a bag of empathy for Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 7December 11, 2020 1:56 AM

R5: Spectrum has been pulling these stunts for the past three weeks on MSNBC. I hate Spectrum and their odious advertising and I will be cutting the cable if they don't stop interrupting my news programs. Never again will I purchase another of their services.

by Anonymousreply 8December 11, 2020 2:07 AM

Once again the barrage of commercials were a spouse spends $50,000 on a car and not tell the other.

by Anonymousreply 9December 11, 2020 2:43 AM

Spam commercials, all of them.

by Anonymousreply 10December 11, 2020 2:49 AM

R7's boyfriend must have written the commercial in R6.

I agree - that Mercedes commercial is odd. What is that stuffed animal thing, anyway? A teddy bear? A dog? Just a flurry blob?

by Anonymousreply 11December 11, 2020 9:25 AM

The GEICO commercials with the clogging problem, the aunt problem, the neighbor's fencing.

So tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 12December 11, 2020 2:25 PM

Will the My Pillow guy just fucking die already.

by Anonymousreply 13December 11, 2020 4:40 PM

We have endless political adds here in Georgia this month. I knew I wasn't going to vote for David Perdue heading into this special election, but I didn't have such a visceral reaction against him until I saw his ads half a dozen times every morning during the news. They make me ill.

by Anonymousreply 14December 11, 2020 4:47 PM

^ads

by Anonymousreply 15December 11, 2020 4:47 PM

The Ferraro Rocher commercial. The woman CANNOT sing!!

by Anonymousreply 16December 14, 2020 4:16 PM

NOOM. The frau's voice in the ad is annoying as fuck, a it's a pathetic ripoff of Weight Watchers.

Loved the Voltaren ads with Paula Abdul, but sadly they've been removed.

by Anonymousreply 17December 14, 2020 4:19 PM

R17 And the bearded guy in that commercial with the womanly hips and giant thighs who says he's lost weight. Really? Good Lord. How big was he before?

by Anonymousreply 18December 14, 2020 4:25 PM

All of the Joe Namath Medicare Supplement commercials. I agree on the Uber Eats Simone Biles commercial. That gay man is not a good representation of the LGBT community

by Anonymousreply 19December 14, 2020 4:34 PM

I loathe the Downy commercial (which I have now learned is called "Guilty Grandparents") where the oldsters get wrinkled for some housekeeping-related reason and run into their grandson, who presumably assumes his grandparents were gettin' busy. But with Downy (apparently), they can fuck as much as they want? Or they can fix a closet without getting all wrinkled (at least their clothes...their skin is another matter).

by Anonymousreply 20December 14, 2020 4:41 PM

R20 here. Also...that Consumer Cellular commercial where the woman sends three pictures of her dog to her grandkids. As stupid as it is overplayed. Kill it now.

by Anonymousreply 21December 14, 2020 4:42 PM

Poise in my pants. Makes me want to vomit

by Anonymousreply 22December 14, 2020 4:51 PM

R22 Is that the one with the fat frau who says, "Not this skin. THAT skin?"

by Anonymousreply 23December 14, 2020 4:53 PM

No, R23. Unfortunately, there are two different incontinence ads.

by Anonymousreply 24December 14, 2020 7:09 PM

The one when they talk about “the gush”. I don’t want to hear about that!

by Anonymousreply 25December 14, 2020 8:47 PM

R19, those Joe Namath commercials! OMFG, put that dude out of his misery. He looks like a dead body that was digitally animated, and his vocal delivery sounds like someone picked out all the words he speaks from other contexts and pieced them together without believable inflections and rhythms.

I also hate the one (I don't even know what the product or service is) where the family is having a facetime or zoom or something with the grandparents and the skinny old lady who looks like she's about to die holds an ugly cloth doll and the ugly child who sent it tells her the doll is for her to hug when they can't be together. Could they have possibly found any uglier actors for that commercial. My initial reaction when I first saw it was, "Don't bother, these people are better off without each other."

by Anonymousreply 26December 15, 2020 11:42 AM

I posted this on Thursday and someone agrees with me....

[quote]Once again the barrage of commercials were a spouse spends $50,000 on a car and not tell the other.

SNL Saturday....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 15, 2020 12:33 PM

SOMEONE agrees with you, r27?

Only one?

by Anonymousreply 28December 15, 2020 2:14 PM

And go, go, go to your Skippy place!

HATE THIS JINGLE!!

by Anonymousreply 29December 15, 2020 3:46 PM

The Shriner's Hospital commercial with the kids singing "I'll be Home for Christmas."

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2020 1:18 AM

The Nissan commercials with Brie Larson. Her forehead doesn't move.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2020 1:22 AM

The Progressive commercials featuring that arrogant douchey Motaur. When he "shush's" one guy, I would love the guy to shove him an say, 'did you just shush me?' and the other where he's hogging the treadmill and then tells the guy mentioning a time limit to, "tell it to the ride", I'd love the guy to ram a crowbar into one of his spokes and send him flying.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2020 1:39 AM

r32, I agree, but I think what he says is "tell it to the rain", since it's pouring outside of the gym in the commercial.

Which still makes no sense. He has to hog the treadmill because it's raining outside and he can't ride in the rain or something? Huh???

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2020 1:57 AM

GMC Christmas commercial; you know the one. Husband buys TWO GMC vehicles for Christmas for himself and his wife, instead of thanking him (or giving him a blowjob), she immediately takes possession of the vehicle that he wanted for himself, and when he objects, she doubles down in her cuntiness. So of course he gives in.

Hate. HATE this commercial with the heat of a thousand suns.

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2020 2:01 AM

That creepy "motaur" campaign brings to mind the type of quasi-scientific human experimentation Stephen Miller would conduct in the White House bunker after hours.

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2020 2:06 AM

Despite their frequency, I didn't hate the Progressive ones until recently. They've just gotten weird.

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2020 2:29 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2020 4:37 AM

The Allbirds sneaker commercial where the cream colored sneaks are suspended by 4 black balloons or something, there is annoying percussion-just plain noise-in the background, then some douche director yells out 'Action!' and a balloon pops and the shoes fall sloppily in to a box.

Sometimes, there is a voiceover of some guy talking about God-knows-what, but it's still a stupid commercial.

Clearly I don't pay close enough attention since I hate the damn thing so much.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2020 8:56 AM

R36 Years ago I was a fan of Flo from Progressive, but over time they completely changed her personality and she's frankly looking long in the tooth. Time to retire her.

Another commercial I'm loving is the one aimed at supporting small business. "They've been there for us, let's be there for them." Catchy tune.

by Anonymousreply 39December 17, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote]Simone always acts like she's disgusted by the Queer Eye guy and can barely stand to be around him.

She’s not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 40December 17, 2020 5:01 AM

I started muting my TV when commercials ran probably 15 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 41December 17, 2020 5:02 AM

Comet TV occasionally runs this four minute commercial about a Medicare program or something. The guy interviews this Smiling Hispanic Woman who has MASSIVE chichis and she NEVER STOPS SMILING.

You could put a little dog on top of those chichis and they would still be room for her dinner plate.

by Anonymousreply 42December 17, 2020 5:10 AM

Need a loan? Dadeeeee, it's for yooooou.

by Anonymousreply 43December 17, 2020 5:18 AM

I don't care one way or another about Flo from Progressive as a character or whatever she does in the commercials, but I love that an actor like her, outside the mainstream, has a gig that has likely set her up financially for life, so she can continue doing the theater she wants, whether it makes money or not.

I don't remember her name, but I read that she's a member of a comedy troupe in LA and has done a few small TV and movie roles. Her sister is also an actor who has done a TV series many years ago, I think.

by Anonymousreply 44December 17, 2020 11:34 PM

The Sheex commercials with that dykey woman. Why is she wearing that too-tight front zip white jacket/shirt thing? She looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2020 11:52 PM

The Keurig commercials with James Corden and Reggie Watts. Unendurable.

There is also a commercial - I can't remember for what - that uses "Der Hölle Rache" from Zauberflöte, where the singer is just a little bit sharp and shrill and it makes my teeth itch.

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2020 11:52 PM

Too many umlauts make mine itch.

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2020 11:57 PM

OP, was there something wrong with this commercial hating thread?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 18, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote]I don't care one way or another about Flo from Progressive as a character or whatever she does in the commercials, but I love that an actor like her, outside the mainstream, has a gig that has likely set her up financially for life, so she can continue doing the theater she wants, whether it makes money or not.

Stephanie Courtney, she done a lot of stuff but she looks different out of Flo drag. She's one of Beverly Goldberg's friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 18, 2020 12:41 AM

There's a stupid Geico commercial with a woman putting her fitness tracker on her dog's tail. But there's a hot daddy runner with incredible legs who shows up at the end of the commercial, so I always watch it when it comes on.

by Anonymousreply 50December 18, 2020 2:55 PM

The Great Call commercial with that one bitch who speaks with some sort of quasi accent. Saying some shit about her dog, Cici. I’d like to punch her face!

by Anonymousreply 51December 18, 2020 3:40 PM

Knix old-lady panties

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 18, 2020 3:48 PM

There's an Advil commercial with an older black man whose working out by flipping a huge truck tire. The voiceover starts with an English accent when he pronounces the word 'can't.' But his Americanese comes out the second he says the word. The catchphrase is "When pain says you can't. Advil says you can."

by Anonymousreply 53December 18, 2020 3:48 PM

I know which one you mean, r50. He’s hawt.

by Anonymousreply 54December 18, 2020 4:22 PM

R50 I’ve noticed that guy too.

by Anonymousreply 55December 18, 2020 6:28 PM

A hot muscle daddy. Of course we all noticed him. Lol

by Anonymousreply 56December 18, 2020 6:32 PM

Doug is the Liberty Mutual commercials...David Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 57December 18, 2020 7:51 PM

The Kardashian chick, hawking a migraine med while wearing fucking lingerie.

by Anonymousreply 58December 18, 2020 9:56 PM

The Uber Eats. Just unfunny, eye-rolling stereotyping.

by Anonymousreply 59December 18, 2020 9:58 PM

R58 All the Kardashians are insufferable, but Khloe is generally tolerated by most people. I didn't know she had migraines. That was news to me.

by Anonymousreply 60December 18, 2020 11:02 PM

Pay me enough money to shill for a drug company and I’ll say I have vaginal itch and lactation problems.

And I’m a guy.

by Anonymousreply 61December 18, 2020 11:09 PM

Suddenly Zendaya is the go-to chick for high end items and she's recently popping up in TV ads for Valentino and Idole perfume by Lancome. She must be in her mid-20's but she gives off a very immature vibe that doesn't jibe with luxury merchandise. When I see her riding a horse in a white gown, it just seems fake and that she was picked because she's tall, bone-thin and has great hair.

I can't even really tell you exactly why I dislike her but seeing her in those ads annoy me.

by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2020 11:21 PM

[quote]All the Kardashians are insufferable, but Khloe is generally tolerated by most people. I didn't know she had migraines. That was news to me.

How many migraines have they given to the public?

by Anonymousreply 63December 19, 2020 12:08 AM

That Doordash commercial with the urban woman rapping annoyingly: Shishito, Burrito..etc. The sound of voice is just awful.

by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2020 1:16 AM

I agree with the Uber Eats, it's offensive. I disagree with those who don't like the Motaur commericials, I find them unique.

by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2020 1:28 AM

[quote]I disagree with those who don't like the Motaur commericials, I find them unique.

I kinda hate those commercials, but centaurs were mostly assholes, so I guess it makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2020 2:18 AM

The motaur commercials are targeting guys who want to appear that tough and dismissive of lesser males. The ad designers probably high-fived each other when test audiences told them everyone except motorcycle-riding bullies (and people who want to fuck guys like that) hate those commercials.

by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2020 2:45 AM

Some one should put sugar in the Motars tank.

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2020 9:20 PM

That bitch from Great Call who tries her worst to speak with a psudo foreign accent about her shitty dog Cici makes my fucking blood boil. AND she’s ugly.

by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2020 9:25 PM

The ostrich with its head in the sand. Sick of the ostrich stuff.. 'nuf already.

by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote] Some one should

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2020 10:26 PM

r70, That's not an ostrich, it's an emu. Which begs the question, do emus also put their head in the sand like ostriches do?

Look what that stupid commercial has me wondering about.

by Anonymousreply 72December 21, 2020 1:57 AM

Get rid of the Emu and smarten up Doug.

I hate the commercial with people forgetting they left something on the top of their car while Edith Piaf screeches horribly to the end.

by Anonymousreply 73December 21, 2020 2:36 AM

R73, when I'm not looking and that commercial comes on, I belt out the song with Edith and have a grand diva moment. When I'm actually watching and it comes on, it ruins the song and I absolutely hate that stupid guy in the ad.

by Anonymousreply 74December 21, 2020 9:33 AM

R73, when I'm not looking and that commercial comes on, I belt out the song with Edith and have a grand diva moment. When I'm actually watching and it comes on, it ruins the song and I absolutely hate that stupid guy in the ad.

by Anonymousreply 75December 21, 2020 9:33 AM

Tom Selleck’ reverse mortgage commercial.He can’t really need the money for doing that scam. All theNoy Scout sex abuse lawsuit shills.

by Anonymousreply 76December 21, 2020 9:45 AM

/Boy Scout

by Anonymousreply 77December 21, 2020 9:46 AM

Snoop Dog selling Soda Streams.

by Anonymousreply 78December 21, 2020 10:09 AM

I love the car commercial with the two studs moaning and groaning because of the seat warmers. Sounds like somebody’s blowing them.

by Anonymousreply 79December 25, 2020 10:41 AM

There’s a new online commercial for a bidet where an obese guy demonstrates the inconveniences of wiping by using peaches, toilet paper, and chocolate sauce. Nuff said. It’s vile.

by Anonymousreply 80December 25, 2020 11:15 AM

[quote]There's an Advil commercial with an older black man whose working out by flipping a huge truck tire. The voiceover starts with an English accent when he pronounces the word 'can't.' But his Americanese comes out the second he says the word. The catchphrase is "When pain says you can't. Advil says you can."

The VoiceOver is by an actual English actor/comedian Matt Berry, he has a very distinctive voice. He's currently on the FX series, What We Do in the Shadows. He's hilarious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 25, 2020 11:50 AM

The commercial with the homely middle aged woman talking about her vaginal skin, it's nausea inducing. What a fucking stupid commercial. Think it's for some type of incontinence pad?

Whatever happened to clever and memorable advertisements? Now they are mostly annoying, weird (not in a good way either) and downright stupid. The ad agencies seem to be hiring total incompetents.

by Anonymousreply 82December 25, 2020 11:55 AM

R53, I'm American, so if this is wrong, I trust many of you to pound me into the dirt with the correct information, but my UK friend told me specifically, can't rhymes with font, and can rhymes with Anne.

by Anonymousreply 83December 25, 2020 11:58 AM

R82 Ugh. That one makes me nauseous, too. First of all, the woman is a fat, sloppy mess. Secondly, when she says, "Not this skin...that skin," then looks down toward her cooter, I wanna barf.

Plus, the background music is strange and annoying. Some continuous "blooping" sound.

by Anonymousreply 84December 25, 2020 12:29 PM

Yes, I keep saying it, but FUCKING WIZENED OLD JOE NAMATH SCREECHING AND WHINING ABOUT MEDICARE.

by Anonymousreply 85December 25, 2020 12:31 PM

R85 I thought after the Medicare enrollment deadline had passed, his commercials would be finished. But he just won't stop.

by Anonymousreply 86December 25, 2020 12:43 PM

R79 Yeah, that commercial has some serious homoerotic undertones. When the shot switches to the exterior of the car and you just hear the two guys moaning, the implication is that there's something naughty going on in there.

I think the director thought the same thing, because they have the guys start laughing toward the end to try and break up the sexual implications of the spot.

by Anonymousreply 87December 25, 2020 12:51 PM

Commercials for Hint. It's just a subscription service for stupidly overpriced bottled water, Karen, er Kara. She makes it sound like she had an epiphany for health and weight loss. Plus your delivery driver will hate you for ordering this every month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 25, 2020 12:59 PM

The homoerotic Oreo commercial with the guy and the elf would be great if the elf didn't look like a kid.

by Anonymousreply 89December 25, 2020 1:01 PM

A saw a travel commercial yesterday, can't remember the company but it was to some island. There's also a Chevy commercial that talks about going places. WTF? They're ignoring COVID, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 90December 25, 2020 1:32 PM

For me the music is never an issue because I usually mute the TV when commercials are on but there's one I can't even stand to see. It's for some pad fraus have to use when their cooters leak and the vomit inducing part is some fat frau jumping around getting tons of sweat flowing toward her cooter.

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 91December 25, 2020 6:29 PM

[quote][R82] Ugh. That one makes me nauseous, too. First of all, the woman is a fat, sloppy mess. Secondly, when she says, "Not this skin...that skin," then looks down toward her cooter, I wanna barf. Plus, the background music is strange and annoying. Some continuous "blooping" sound.

Hopefully, the blooping sound is an alien spacecraft hovering over her house and it's going to take her far away.

This is simply one of the dumbest and creepy commercials I've ever seen. Unless a person needs to always wear an adult diaper and will get irritation or other problems associated with adult diapers, I don't think the skin "down there" is much of concern for a man or a woman.

This commercial is ridiculous and gross on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 92December 26, 2020 12:14 AM

R83, if that’s true, I stand corrected.

by Anonymousreply 93December 26, 2020 2:04 AM

the depends commercial where they try to sell us on women being "atheletes" and "respected" because some attend an exercise class. the actor is fat and wears a depend.

by Anonymousreply 94December 26, 2020 2:09 PM

The butter one where the kid comes home in the the middle of the night and they have a full sit down dinner because it's the kid's birthday, Stupid.

by Anonymousreply 95December 26, 2020 5:48 PM

These dreadful commercials are the brainfarts of what passes for copywriters and advertising executives in the post-Madison Avenue era.

by Anonymousreply 96December 26, 2020 6:15 PM

I heard a radio commercial today about an anti-aromatase inhibitor for menopausal women...and men.

by Anonymousreply 97December 27, 2020 2:01 AM

R95, I think they had a full sit down dinner in the middle of the night/early morning because the son started his job as a chef/sous chef at a restaurant. It’s about having family dinner together even though it’s early morning. I love Kerrygold butter and like that commercial.

by Anonymousreply 98December 27, 2020 10:51 PM

Welcome to the Mirror.

by Anonymousreply 99December 28, 2020 2:23 PM

Am I the only one who thinks of the two way screens in the novel 1984 whenever they see that The Mirror commercial?

Really creeps me out.

Just me? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 100December 29, 2020 11:18 PM

Canada is currently being plagued by Jon Hamm obnoxiously shilling for SkipTheDishes. Successfully put me off that Hammaconda.

by Anonymousreply 101December 29, 2020 11:32 PM

That animated Grub Hub commercial with the annoying music.

Makes me lose my appetite.

by Anonymousreply 102December 30, 2020 10:59 AM

R102 -- I really like the Grub Hub commercial with the dancing characters - it's colorful and lively and reminds me of a really well done Pixar movie. I especially like the Dad and son at the end cause they both have some MOVES.

by Anonymousreply 103December 30, 2020 10:48 PM

R103 I don't mind the animation. It's the music in those commercials drives me fuckng nuts.

by Anonymousreply 104December 30, 2020 11:12 PM

R34, that GMC commercial is STILL on TV even though Xmas was 5 days ago! The wife says that she did "some early shopping" -- today is Dec. 30, has she been shopping for Xmas next year already? I despise these people -- the actors (not their fault, I know it's just a gig to them), the writers, the director, the ad agency, the TV channels/programs that buy the damn thing, and GMC!

On a cheerier note: those vile Chevy ads haven't been on in quite awhile -- the ones with focus groups composed of "real people, not actors". I assume that kind of group activity is forbidden during the pandemic, so there IS a bright side to a plague!

by Anonymousreply 105December 30, 2020 11:39 PM

R105 I see that fucking thing every fucking commercial break and I hate it with every fiber of my being!

by Anonymousreply 106December 30, 2020 11:44 PM

There's a commercial for the HIV treatment DOVATO, with this guy Morgan as the focus. This guy has the most prominent and annoying teeth and smile - he can't keep his mouth shut because those teeth cannot be tamed. They even have a cartoon picture of him in the ad, and they made his teeth bothersome. I don't like to see those choppers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 17, 2021 7:32 PM

R107 He also has crazy eyes that creep me out.

by Anonymousreply 108February 17, 2021 7:34 PM

The latest OLG (Ontario Lottery & Gaming) commercial featuring self-proclaimed "Mr. Encore," who recounts how he won the lottery twice within a few months.

"So my sister is saying, 'What, did you win the lottery again?', and I'm like, 'YES I DID.'"

by Anonymousreply 109February 17, 2021 8:06 PM

The one with Billy Blanks or whatever his name is...annoying as hell

by Anonymousreply 110February 17, 2021 8:24 PM

The one where John Goodman is the thumb.

by Anonymousreply 111February 17, 2021 8:48 PM

That Chick-fil-A commercial with the voiceover by that faggot Jake.

by Anonymousreply 112February 17, 2021 8:57 PM

That Sour Patch Kids ad is so obviously pornographic, I was certain it'd be pulled after a few airings. But here we are several months later....

I mean, really--fucking the soda dispenser? Makes me look askance at the machines anytime I'm in a convenience store.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 17, 2021 11:21 PM

R113 They're pushing the buttons to make the soda come out. I agree it's a stupid commercial, but I don't get "pornographic" from it.

by Anonymousreply 114February 17, 2021 11:48 PM

That commercial where the retired people keep coming back to their financial advisor saying, "Change of plans."

If I was their advisor, I'd tell 'em to make up their fucking minds or fuck the hell off.

by Anonymousreply 115February 17, 2021 11:50 PM

Fidelity - Change of Plans ....and the daddy is so gay my screen almost blew up in flames

by Anonymousreply 116February 18, 2021 12:21 AM

The General Insurance ad with Shaq sitting in the woods wearing some dead animal fur like a caveman, while roasting a skunk over a campfire. Then Craig Robinson walks up and they talk about insurance. So stupid.

by Anonymousreply 117February 24, 2021 7:29 PM

[quote] Fidelity - Change of Plans ....and the daddy is so gay my screen almost blew up in flames

R116, are you referring to the grandfather (whose investment plans are changing because his daughter is expecting twins), or the father of the twins? I'm not even sure the babies' father appears -- but he couldn't possibly be gay because he's married to a woman and has sired twins! For that matter, the grandpa is married to a woman and has sired a daughter, so his gayness is also suspect.

by Anonymousreply 118February 24, 2021 8:37 PM

I can't tolerate the new Folger's coffee ads with the jingle "the best part of waking up" the singer has vocal fry and my eyes cross every time i hear it.

by Anonymousreply 119February 28, 2021 9:29 AM

Those Statefarm commercials. The white Jake was fired because he was white.

by Anonymousreply 120February 28, 2021 3:20 PM

[quote]That Chick-fil-A commercial with the voiceover by that faggot Jake.

Oh my. Wow.

by Anonymousreply 121February 28, 2021 3:21 PM

That commercial for mental health with the owner of the Indianapolis Colts. The guy sounds like he's had a stroke or something and is struggling to get the words out.

It makes me uncomfortable when I watch it.

by Anonymousreply 122February 28, 2021 4:26 PM

Those bears with the clean hineys are very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 123March 1, 2021 2:51 AM

These latest L’Oreal commercials with Viola talking about female empowerment.

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2021 4:02 AM

R124 Such a stupid commercial and its message is totally inconsistent with female empowerment.

"Here - cover up your gray with L'Oreal, because no one wants to see a white-haired old hag. Woman power!"

by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2021 1:25 PM

Joe Namath looks like Bela Lugosi in the Medicare commercials. WTF happened to Broadway Joe? The commercials are sad.

The Motaur commercials are creepy.

I don't know what's going on in the commercial with the stuffed animal crawling in the rain and the little girl picks him up and takes him to her car. Doesn't that toy belong to someone? Is she stealing it? WTH did it come from? It bothers me so much I've never paid attention to what they're selling.

I love the Culturelle ginger guy -- he is so hot! (He thinks his dog is playing with a squeaky toy but it's the baby)

I love Dr. Rick.

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2021 2:50 PM

Prevagen - people saying they still notice a difference in mental sharpness after many years of taking it. Difference from what? Before they started taking it?

by Anonymousreply 127March 2, 2021 3:44 AM

With Spectrum cable service I always turn on the TV to their homes channel. There is a Los Angeles lawyer who advertises endlessly. It must be quite cheap to advertise or else he's super bilking people fee-wise.

'Acc-c-dent or in-jur-ee call Jay-cob, Jay-cob, Jay-cob Em-rah-nee'

by Anonymousreply 128March 2, 2021 5:37 AM

The GEICO commercial with the guy driving down the road singing the Pet Shop Boys' "Opportunities" while the hood ornament on his car harmonizes with him.

For some reason, it creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 129March 2, 2021 11:56 AM

VOYA!!!!! VOYA!!!!!! VOYA!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 130March 2, 2021 12:01 PM

[quote] The GEICO commercial with the guy driving down the road singing the Pet Shop Boys' "Opportunities" while the hood ornament on his car harmonizes with him.... For some reason, it creeps me out.

The CGI is lousy.

by Anonymousreply 131March 2, 2021 4:16 PM

Any commercial that uses the great music of the past to sell products.

by Anonymousreply 132March 3, 2021 7:04 PM

That Skyrizi commercial with the annoying girl singing, "Nothing is everythiiiing."

I want to stab my ears whenever I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 133March 7, 2021 10:06 PM

I despise the "Oh, Oh, Oh, Ozempic" commercial which uses the song "Magic" as its tune. That song brings me back to my teenaged summer days in the 70s at the public pool, where the popular pop songs of the day were heard through a speaker. The commercial has corrupted those memories.

It backfired, Ozempic. I will never use you.

by Anonymousreply 134March 7, 2021 10:39 PM

Everlywell with that squeaky-voiced bitch Leanne!

by Anonymousreply 135March 7, 2021 10:42 PM

Target has an ad for a shampoo called Rhyme & Reason, which is shot like a fashion spread. Models with great hair are shown in a field in flowery dresses, and they flash the shampoo container 1-2 times. The ad ends with two of the female models leaning towards each other like they're about to kiss, for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 136April 14, 2021 1:58 AM

The insurance ad with the half-man / half-motorcycle. That guy creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 137April 14, 2021 3:46 PM

Why is Kevin Bacon doing Verizon commercials? Aren't he and Kyra richer than God?

by Anonymousreply 138April 14, 2021 4:27 PM

This maudlin, dreary thing.

I like the message of it, but the girl's smirkiness is genuinely off putting to me. And I HATE that fucking song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 14, 2021 4:37 PM

I loathe the "Don't worr' 'bout it. Don't worr' 'bout it, sweetheart" commercial from Invisalign. I hope that boy reaches for his wallet too quickly in front of a rookie cop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140April 14, 2021 4:46 PM

Haven't seen it in a while, so a bit hazy on the specifics, thanks in advance for bearing with me...

Some sort of (energy) drink where all of the people in a crowd (at a party) morph into creatures with two goatee'd mouths. Neither my mom nor I can bear to watch it - totally skeeved out (as our Italian-American friends would say)!

by Anonymousreply 141April 14, 2021 4:50 PM

R139 And I hate her fry voice.

by Anonymousreply 142April 14, 2021 7:27 PM

Spectrum and the use of the word NONESENSE

by Anonymousreply 143April 14, 2021 7:31 PM

R138 Bacon and wife lost most of their wealth to the Bernie Madoff hijinks. They got cleaned out investing in Madoff's bogus business.

by Anonymousreply 144April 14, 2021 8:59 PM

R138 Bacon and wife lost most of their wealth to the Bernie Madoff hijinks. They got cleaned out investing in Madoff's bogus business.

by Anonymousreply 145April 14, 2021 8:59 PM

r140 is a racist.

Shun him, gals!

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2021 12:51 AM

The stupid Fingerhut commercial where the woman is dancing across her yard as she mows her lawn and the other woman who's exercising by lifting her little pug dogs.

And to make it worse, they say buying from Fingerhut helps you build your credit. Yeah, right.

"Hi, I'd like to apply for a home loan. I have a Fingerhut account."

by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2021 1:17 AM

That Set Jet private jet company commercial that features the singer with the vocal fry and voice that's so awful, I want to destroy my eardrums.

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2021 1:19 AM

[quote][R138] Bacon and wife lost most of their wealth to the Bernie Madoff hijinks. They got cleaned out investing in Madoff's bogus business.

I'll bet they're breaking into their Happy Dance today!

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2021 1:27 AM

I see here R147 that you’re behind on your 38% loan to purchase an inflatable hot tub and several outfits for a beagle. I will not be able to recommend you for your trailer home loan approval.

by Anonymousreply 150April 15, 2021 1:29 AM

150 posts and no one has mentioned that Volvo "Hard Times in The Mill" commercial. It practically makes my ears bleed. "Every mornin' at half past six..." OMG...make it stop. Can't say, "Alexa, mute TV" fast enough.

I want to see the alternate ending where they get hit backing out of the driveway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 15, 2021 1:53 AM

R151, that's Pete Seeger singing about hard times in the mill. What is it that you hate? His voice, or the lyrics, or what? Folk music isn't my first choice but I've never found it painful, more like bland. And his voice is well suited to the genre, inoffensive, maybe boring but not unpleasant.

by Anonymousreply 152April 15, 2021 2:05 AM

R151 This commercial has been talked about ad nauseum on other commercial threads

by Anonymousreply 153April 15, 2021 2:48 AM

All the ads about stuff for Mother's Day -- gifts, flowers, restaurants. The day just seems fraught, especially now that emotional "triggers" are all the rage. Some people's mothers have died (maybe recently, given the pandemic) and they're mourning -- some people's mothers suffer dementia and the survivors are grieving the loss of their "real" mom -- some women wanted to become mothers but haven't been able to overcome fertility problems -- some women have lost children to illness or crime -- some people didn't have a good relationship with their mothers and are provoked to anger or resentment or at least impatience by all of the sentimentality that they've never shared. I suppose it's a happy day for most people, but that's hardly universal.

by Anonymousreply 154May 9, 2021 8:05 PM

The Allstate commercial with the dude driving and signing with hood ornament is mindnumbingly annoying and tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 155May 9, 2021 10:12 PM

The relentless Grammarly ads on YouTube.....

by Anonymousreply 156May 9, 2021 10:25 PM

I have noticed a spate of confounding commercials lately and it's driving me nuts. One is for Orkin pest control. It's in a baby's room and the stuffed animals in the mobile are discussing the fumigators dedication as the fumigator touches all of the things in the baby's room. Super creepy.

The other ones are, I think, both for the same company. Lexus car commercials, one is a black sports guy talking about having to make people uncomfortable is how empathy is made and... that sells cars?

The other Lexus one has a woman who plays the violin amd walks on a window ledge and says that empathy builds potential and hiring, building potential is... how to sell cars.

by Anonymousreply 157May 9, 2021 10:38 PM

R155 I hate that one 💯

by Anonymousreply 158May 9, 2021 10:40 PM

All Sonic commercials.

by Anonymousreply 159May 9, 2021 10:51 PM

Prolia. Some entitled old cunt is jogging on a fucking sidewalk full of people and a toddler in a toy car rides in from of her. Such a cunty thing to do. This ad runs every night during the evening news and I hate it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160May 9, 2021 11:13 PM

R160 I see that ad has changed a bit and I don’t understand why. In the current version the pinecone one woman almost runs over has been removed from the shot. Seems strange.

by Anonymousreply 161May 10, 2021 5:53 AM

The bizarre and stupid wet teddy bear commercial. It is actually worse than Progressive’s Motaur idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 162May 10, 2021 6:21 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!