Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

37% Chalamet 19% Cumberbatch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359October 14, 2021 8:04 AM

LOL! This movie will bomb, and people are already sick of Ratatouille.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 1:50 PM

dune wont be released this year. going electric is a better bet for him but even then it will probably just be another nom. he'll have to wait until he's 45 like all the other men.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 1:51 PM

I don't think he will be nominated again, CMBYN was his only. They could have nominated him for Beautiful Boy but didn't

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 2:03 PM

beautiful boy was a dud and he was fighting for a lone nom at a young age only a year after being nominated before. no reason he wouldn't be nominated again unless his career falters completely.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 2:05 PM

He was good as Henry V but not amazing. He doesn't have much range.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 2:11 PM

[quote]I don't think he will be nominated again, CMBYN was his only. They could have nominated him for Beautiful Boy but didn't

I don't think so, his acting in CMBYN was truly amazing and the nomination was totally deserved. In Beautiful Boy it was not bad, but maybe it was not even so special. How the fact that he wasn't nominated for that role means he will never be nominated again? He's only 24, and his career has just started. He has just started working with more prestigious directors and casts

No one was expecting him to be nominated for The King, ARDINY or Little Women, as someone else said the kind of role we could expect him to get a nomination for are Dune or Going Electric. We'll see if he gets any. Anyway, what young actor gets an Oscar nomination for every role?

by Anonymousreply 6July 20, 2020 12:02 PM

I love these comments early on touting nominees when we are only 1/2 through the year. Personally, I think they should just postpone the whole thing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 20, 2020 12:21 PM

He’s a piss poor actor. Call Me By Your Name was a one hit wonder.

by Anonymousreply 8July 20, 2020 1:43 PM

It made me so happy when he missed for Beautiful Boy.

by Anonymousreply 9July 20, 2020 1:53 PM

Will Armie take him to the Oscars now that he's free to be with Timmy? I want to see them holding hands on the red carpet.

by Anonymousreply 10July 20, 2020 1:57 PM

[quote]Will Armie take him to the Oscars now that he's free to be with Timmy?

No.

Btw why would it be Armie who takes Timmy to the Oscars and not the other way around? Timmy is the influential one, Armie is a nonentity as an actor

by Anonymousreply 11July 20, 2020 2:13 PM

Fuck Timmy!

Stupid little twat.

It should have been ME going to the Oscars!

by Anonymousreply 12July 20, 2020 2:13 PM

r10 Only if Armie goes full-on leather daddy.

by Anonymousreply 13July 20, 2020 2:20 PM

I roll my eyes at "Timmy Oscar talk."

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2020 2:22 PM

r12 I picture Armie clutching his caftan while he says that.

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2020 2:31 PM

OP, that is from the results on an online poll. Chalamet fangurls think Chalamet deserves an oscar nomination, news at 11.

by Anonymousreply 16July 20, 2020 2:33 PM

R12 Always working at stealing the attention from Timmy. Timmy had fucked up big time with the Cabo thing and he needed to mess up even bigger LOL

by Anonymousreply 17July 20, 2020 2:33 PM

God I hope not. the next 12 months will be bad enough without Villeneuve fanboys and Chaladykes feeling vindicated.

by Anonymousreply 18July 20, 2020 2:33 PM

r17 I think Armie's divorce managed to overshadow Timmy's Cabo cringe. Armie must be thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 19July 20, 2020 2:38 PM

He’s a horrible actor who continues to get role after role.

by Anonymousreply 20July 20, 2020 2:38 PM

R20 so you keep saying. it's almost like most people disagree with you and that's why he gets role after role

by Anonymousreply 21July 20, 2020 2:40 PM

Yet here you are R14, in a thread about Timmy and possible Oscar nominations!

by Anonymousreply 22July 20, 2020 2:42 PM

r18 Chalaneuve

by Anonymousreply 23July 20, 2020 2:43 PM

They should have Chalagay's name permanently printed on the Oscar ballots. Even if he's not in a current film. That would keep chaladykes and fangirls happy. And, they should use his body shape in a redesigned Oscar statue. They could even rename it the Oscarmet. To top it all off, no one would be allowed to make an acceptance speech without mentioning him in some way.

At the end of any future ceremonies, a stan (picked out of a lottery) would come on stage to tell the tale of how the end crying scene in CMBYN changed their lives. HW: all Timmy, all the time.

by Anonymousreply 24July 20, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote]they should use his body shape in a redesigned Oscar statue

💀

by Anonymousreply 25July 20, 2020 3:13 PM

R24 I think they only do that for the old hag from New Jersey

by Anonymousreply 26July 20, 2020 4:59 PM

R19 exactly LOL

Timmy must feel relieved that the pool thing was still less cringy than the kitten DMs.

BTW where is Timmy? Is he still eating Abel’s canned food? Is he feeling better now that things about him seem to have calmed down? He should come back now and post something! Let us know that he is alive and doing well!

by Anonymousreply 27July 20, 2020 9:17 PM

I doubt Timmy is even thinking about fans R27 especially after the way so many attacked him. Like, why? What does he have to say to you lot?

by Anonymousreply 28July 20, 2020 9:33 PM

R27 he's in NYC spending time with his family and prepping for Going Electric. Looking very sexy with his huge monster cock hanging out of his sweatpants.

by Anonymousreply 29July 28, 2020 4:25 PM

[quote]already sick of Ratatouille.

I just spit coffee. I'm sure this nickname has been around, but it's the first I'm seeing it.

by Anonymousreply 30July 28, 2020 4:27 PM

Oh, so little Rat Face is up for an award...

by Anonymousreply 31July 28, 2020 4:30 PM

He is a terrible actor and he’s famous because of a vile piece of Nazi pedophile propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 32July 28, 2020 4:31 PM

The kid has a huge dong that I would love to swallow. Give him all the awards.

by Anonymousreply 33July 28, 2020 4:34 PM

R31 is he? Where?

by Anonymousreply 34July 28, 2020 7:15 PM

This movie will bomb hard in theaters even without the pandemic no one asked for another sun film, like blade runner 2 did.

by Anonymousreply 35July 28, 2020 7:21 PM

R35: Going Electric will bomb too. Nobody asked for another Bob Dylan film.

by Anonymousreply 36July 28, 2020 7:23 PM

Dune is too complicated for the American public-it will bomb.

by Anonymousreply 37July 28, 2020 7:23 PM

This is the third time they have tried to film this book. Why?

by Anonymousreply 38July 28, 2020 10:24 PM

Timmy shall receive an Oscar in his bunghole.

by Anonymousreply 39July 28, 2020 10:27 PM

I thought he was terrible in Little Women. Overrated.

by Anonymousreply 40July 28, 2020 10:29 PM

R29 he doesn’t want to be spotted, he’s wearing a black hoodie in July

Or he’s just very cold? He was wearing long sleeves also in the pics with the fans, it was allegedly 1 p.m.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 29, 2020 3:16 PM

R41, unpopular opinion: Timmy has an eating disorder, one of the behavioural signs is dressing in layers either to hide his extreme weight loss or to stay warm due to the heat loss.

by Anonymousreply 42July 29, 2020 5:29 PM

R42

And he got it from/with Elizabeth Chambers when he was living in L.A. at her place...

She was shedding Baby Ford pregnancy weight and he was getting ready for Beautiful Boy in February-March 2017.

by Anonymousreply 43July 29, 2020 9:20 PM

R43, I don't think eating disorders are contagious but it is more likely that the person they have in common, Armie somehow seems to push the people around him into unhealthy lifestyles. Or maybe Armie is attracted (I mean this loosely, I'm not suggesting he is sexually attracted to T.) to 'damaged' people he is trying to fix?

by Anonymousreply 44July 29, 2020 10:17 PM

Yes, he is very skinny but I don’t think he has an eating disorder. He hasn’t lost weight suddenly, looks like he has always been like this, so it’s probably just his build.

[quote]Armie somehow seems to push the people around him into unhealthy lifestyles

Armie is not around Timmy, but this is probably true for the ex-wife who has managed his bullshit for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 45July 29, 2020 11:15 PM

R41 he isn't socially distancing! With his emaciated frame I wouldnt like his chances if he contracted Covid.

by Anonymousreply 46August 1, 2020 8:33 AM

Pedo thread.

by Anonymousreply 47August 1, 2020 8:45 AM

word of mouth not good.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 48August 1, 2020 8:50 AM

[quote] The kid has a huge dong

Some of you operate on internet inches or haven't been exposed to many fully grown men.

by Anonymousreply 49August 1, 2020 9:28 AM

judge not u fat skunt

by Anonymousreply 50August 1, 2020 11:07 AM

R46

Isn't Covid-19 mainly lethal to overweight and old people?

by Anonymousreply 51August 1, 2020 3:09 PM

r43 Eating disorders aren't contagious. You don't "get it" from another person.

by Anonymousreply 52August 1, 2020 3:17 PM

R52, I caught gayness from Timmy.

by Anonymousreply 53August 1, 2020 3:31 PM

R52

You don't really "get it" but... you can emulate a person you admire.

Like becoming a drug addict because of someone close to you who will enable you to do it.

by Anonymousreply 54August 1, 2020 3:36 PM

Just no

by Anonymousreply 55August 1, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]you can emulate a person you admire.

I doubt he admires Elizabeth LOL

Btw he has always been skinny, now he is even less skinny than he was in his teenage years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 1, 2020 10:53 PM

He looks so hot even with a mask on

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57August 1, 2020 11:22 PM

If Dune bombs (and I think it’s highly likely that it will), will TimoTay be blamed as the leading man?

by Anonymousreply 58August 2, 2020 2:01 AM

It won't bomb R58, you just hate this guy so much because he's not in, nor has he ever had a relationship with that Armie loser.

by Anonymousreply 59August 2, 2020 7:22 AM

R59: It will bomb. The story has been adapted three times to no avail and people are sick and tired of Ratboy.

by Anonymousreply 60August 2, 2020 2:37 PM

In previews viewers are running from the theatre in hysterical fear.

by Anonymousreply 61August 3, 2020 8:39 AM

Ffs. He is a kid, he has a thin frame. Not every skinny person has an eating disorder. He has years to grow into his looks, and I believe in his 30’s he will be very handsome. Bore off you mean old queens

by Anonymousreply 62August 3, 2020 8:46 AM

R62 He is good at what he does, he seems a really nice guy and has a pretty face. They judge his body and love to mock him for being skinny because they have nothing else to vent their hate on.

Interesting Villeneuve interview on Dune (also speaks about casting Timmy at 17.12). Comments are mostly good and are about Villeneuve, almost no one mentions Timothée, they have expectations of the director, if it bombs I doubt Timmy will be blamed as R58 wishes so hard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63August 3, 2020 11:21 AM

This will bomb hard. Do they really think that movie theaters will be packed in December? Plus he can’t act and be a leading man as evidenced in The King.

by Anonymousreply 64August 3, 2020 1:24 PM

I figure Dune is the only planet on which he will ever win an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 65August 3, 2020 1:26 PM

R57

You mean especially with a mask ON?

by Anonymousreply 66August 3, 2020 1:31 PM

R65

Worm shit is SPICE.

And it bends the universe, which is very useful for travelling.

by Anonymousreply 67August 3, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]Worm shit is SPICE.

So what's an Oscar?

by Anonymousreply 68August 3, 2020 1:37 PM

If there's a movie that has all the numbers to bomb that's Dune.

Anyway it's simply too soon to know who will be nominated.

And Chalamet should try not to look that eager to win. He is young and the academy has a tendency to give the oscar to veterans (which by the way it's not the best way to attract viewers to the ceremony).

And sci fi is not exactly the best genre to get nominations anyway

by Anonymousreply 69August 3, 2020 1:42 PM

R68

It's what you've been robbed of by Gary Oldman, Sweetie.

And worm spice is not really shit, it's not a blunt, you can't smoke it.

by Anonymousreply 70August 3, 2020 1:52 PM

R69 how does he look eager to win the Oscar? Fans/people who praise his acting think/say he should win one, but I’ve never heard HIM say anything that would make him look very eager to win an Oscar.

On the contrary he always looks humble and just eager to learn by taking very different roles, and that’s something I really like about him. So, explain otherwise don’t put words of others in his mouth

[quote]the academy has a tendency to give the oscar to veterans (which by the way it's not the best way to attract viewers to the ceremony).

I agree with you on this, and probably he knows it better than us

by Anonymousreply 71August 3, 2020 2:38 PM

wheres this 'buzz' coming from. has anyone saw the film already?

by Anonymousreply 72August 3, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote]has anyone saw the film already?

I'd like to know if anyone has [bold]seen[/bold] it, too, dear.

by Anonymousreply 73August 3, 2020 2:48 PM

R72 from gold derby

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74August 3, 2020 4:55 PM

R71 Well, it seem Woody Allen thinks that.

Some of the new actors (the ones with good critics) seems more eager to play the hollywood game than others, and he is totally on board

by Anonymousreply 75August 3, 2020 5:10 PM

Oh and the buzz doesn't mean a thing till the movie is on theatres, Billy Lynn's long halftime walk (such good novel, such dissapointing film) and The goldfinch were supposed to be contenders and we know what happened (of course The Goldfinch train derailed a little earlier than usual, but every year there's a highly awaited film that gets the cold shoulder).

And a lot of fans of the novel are not too impressed by some of Villeneuve changes, so i won't be surprised if there's some backlash

by Anonymousreply 76August 3, 2020 5:13 PM

You haven't been paying attention R76, the long time fans of Dune are very excited about the new film and Dune will not bomb, it has a worldwide universal appeal. There's only been one film of note for Dune, and that was Lynch's 1984 version. The others were tv shows. There is an interest for Dune and it will do well... as well as the pandemic will allow blockbusters coming out this year to do. It will also recoup costs in blu-ray sales.

by Anonymousreply 77August 3, 2020 6:48 PM

E77 Dune never had universal appeal (and i'm talking about the novel which by the way didn't age that well) and it's a novel very difficult to adapt.

And i said it that not everyone who was fan of the book is thrilled because i read an article (and the journalist was very very fan of the novel) trashing some of Villeneuve decisions.

And yes, there's interest about the film, but there was interest about the new Blade runner movie, even had good reviews and it flopped anyway.

by Anonymousreply 78August 3, 2020 6:59 PM

[quote]Well, it seem Woody Allen thinks that.

R75 Woody Allen is obviously a bitter and disappointed director who could not even get his movie released in the US, what it seems he thinks of Timmy, is not a proof of what Timmy is/says. The "he swore to my sister he needed to do that as he was up for an Oscar" thing has always sounded weird. Whatever his reasons were, why on earth would Timmy apologize and explain them not even to him, but to his sister? She was the producer, but she produces only WA's movies, and once he was already burning bridges with her brother, justifying to her makes absolutely no sense.

Timmy was the male lead, he knew they would have gone after him (he was already being questioned about that during CMBYN promo and the movie was not even out). Other actors publicly distanced themselves from WA too. Of course they all did it for the sake of their public image

BTW he was 22 and got a fucking Oscar nomination, for what we knew at that time, he could even have won. Who wouldn't have been wishful? Totally normal. But I thought your comment implied that he looks very eager to win an Oscar now/has looked very eager after CMBYN, didn't you mean that? In case, again, what does he say/do to look particularly eager to win an Oscar?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79August 4, 2020 12:13 AM

He is bitter becuase Chalamet sold him out just to look woke.

He was nominated at 22, Hedges was nominated even younger, that doesn't mean he is going to win anytime soon or ever.

Leonardo got his frist nomination very young and he spend years pandering the academy to win that fucking Oscar (it was frankly pathetic).

He is too young for academy tastes, they like their actress young but their actors to be veterans, and probably it's not his fault but he comes as akward in interviews.

He should try to build a career and forget about Oscars for a while

by Anonymousreply 80August 4, 2020 1:36 PM

R78, you obviously have NOT read Dune, and you certainly don't like Timmy, so, you fully expect or need it to fail.

You've shown your cards. To each their own.

by Anonymousreply 81August 4, 2020 2:55 PM

R80, Hedges got nominated for a Supporting Oscar, not the real one for Best Actor, which Timmy got at the tender age of 22. And I agree, the industry and the Academy are not ready to give young male talent the Oscar, a deliberate gesture which does give validity to suspicions that the nomination and "winners" process is not as diplomatic as they claim. They sure didn't want this kid to get back to back Oscar nominations, at 23 for Beautiful Boy, and hence the outrageous snub. He wasn't going to win, but they did him wrong in not nominating him when he got nominated in all the precursors.

He could win just before 30, but the right role at the right time and it has to be a perfect performance. Otherwise, he'll be well into his 30s because Hollywood loves girls young, and their male winners older.

by Anonymousreply 82August 4, 2020 2:59 PM

[quote]He should try to build a career

I think it's exactly what he's been doing after CMBYN, trying different roles, experimenting in very different kind of movies, getting to work with directors/casts that he looks up to. He has played a drug addict, played the lead in a romantic comedy, in an historical drama, tried the British accent, starred in a period piece, we are going to see him in a sci-fi and in a Wes Anderson movie and then probably in a biopic. Isn't he trying to grow as an actor?

[quote]and forget about Oscars for a while

Again, what does he say/do to make himself look like he's so eagerly running after the Oscar? Would you say that with his recent roles in The King or in LW he was expecting to win an Oscar?

[quote]He is too young for academy tastes, they like their actress young but their actors to be veterans, and probably it's not his fault but he comes as akward in interviews.

Granted he might certainly never win one, but is "he comes as akward in interviews" a possible reason to you? Wow. Since you are so well-prepared about Oscar history, were all those who have won for Best Actor/Supporting Actor great orators?

by Anonymousreply 83August 4, 2020 3:00 PM

[quote]Hedges got nominated for a Supporting Oscar, not the real one for Best Actor, which Timmy got at the tender age of 22.

Di Caprio is the 7th youngest nominee in history for best SUPPORTING actor and Hedges the 8th

Timmy the 3rd youngest nominee in history for Best actor in a LEADING ROLE

R80 I doubt the comparisons you make are in favour of those you mention

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 4, 2020 4:07 PM

R81 I read Dune long time ago, and it's a great novel but not an easy one to adapt.

No, i don't need the movie to fail but yes, i expect it to fail like Blade runner failed.

And i have nothing against Timmy, but i don't think he is the new messiah like some of his fanboys think here.

He is a good actor, but he is not going to win an oscar anytime soon because he is not the type of actor they like the give the award. If he has a solid career, he'll have his oscar when he is near his forties (if he is lucky)

R84 Who cares, Di Caprio needed to be a star for years and years and years and choose carefully obvious Oscar bait roles to get the award. He was an interesting actor when he was young, now, not so much.

And Timmy and Lucas will get their award if they play well their cards and have solid careers, but they are not going to win anytime soon. The list of winner is pretty clear in recent years, a nomination is the best thing that a young actor can get.

And anyway, discussing who is going to win an oscar in August is simply ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 85August 4, 2020 5:44 PM

He’s never going to win an Oscar. He’s pretty wooden on screen. The Beautiful Boy snub showed that the Academy was sick and tired of the media hype. A much deserved snub indeed.

by Anonymousreply 86August 4, 2020 6:01 PM

[quote]And anyway, discussing who is going to win an oscar in August is simply ridiculous

Of course it doesn’t mean much as a prediction

But maybe it means that people are not so sick of him and actually want to see him in his upcoming movies, conversely to what posters in this thread love to think

by Anonymousreply 87August 5, 2020 8:52 AM

R87 the posters in this thread predicting he and the movie fail are haters. The wish for those two things to happen. Why discuss at length a topic you don't have interest in? If you dislike the topic your hate has become an obsession. Plain and simple. The layman doesn't gaf whether Dune is difficult to adapt, or think he has to wait until he is older. Nobody posts at length without interest and an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 88August 5, 2020 11:09 AM

^^ this is the sort of jealous hater you have posting here about Timothee:

"Dune Oscar for Timmy?

He’s a piss poor actor. Call Me By Your Name was a one hit wonder.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

It made me so happy when he missed for Beautiful Boy.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

He’s a horrible actor who continues to get role after role.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

R35: Going Electric will bomb too. Nobody asked for another Bob Dylan film.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

If Dune bombs (and I think it’s highly likely that it will), will TimoTay be blamed as the leading man?

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

R59: It will bomb. The story has been adapted three times to no avail and people are sick and tired of Ratboy.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

This will bomb hard. Do they really think that movie theaters will be packed in December? Plus he can’t act and be a leading man as evidenced in The King.

Dune Oscar for Timmy?

He’s never going to win an Oscar. He’s pretty wooden on screen. The Beautiful Boy snub showed that the Academy was sick and tired of the media hype. A much deserved snub indeed.

"

Talk about bitter envy.

by Anonymousreply 89August 5, 2020 11:12 AM

[quote]Nobody posts at length without interest and an agenda.

You may be right, it's same OP of Who is worse - Timothee Chalamet or Adam Driver? and Why was Timothee Chalamet snubbed for Beautiful Boy? and his/her arguments are the same through all the posting history

by Anonymousreply 90August 5, 2020 12:34 PM

R90 they also have posted at length about him being overexposed and mention him being talked about on Daily Mail, having a PR relationship and hating on his agent, who they know by name. It's a shipper undoubtedly. One who resents his ascent because it's a threat to their ship that they're disgruntled over. What person who dislikes him would bother watching all his films and knowing his agent?

"Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo

R125: We can thank Brian Swardstrom for that. The man is a fucking idiot.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo

R209: He was totally miscast. No wonder people say he’s overused/overexposed.

Timmy Chalamet releases another Dune Photo"

R203: The end result after all the hard work and effort put into the PR relationship: the movie flopped and they pulled the plug on the showmance. Gee what a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 91August 5, 2020 12:46 PM

R89 Sorry but you are a pathetic fangirl

by Anonymousreply 92August 5, 2020 1:44 PM

[quote]One who resents his ascent because it's a threat to their ship that they're disgruntled over. What person who dislikes him would bother watching all his films and knowing his agent?

They really are unhinged

by Anonymousreply 93August 5, 2020 7:33 PM

Dune is a complex work, one of the greats of Science Fiction. The director is talented and has vision. T is well cast for the part. T has a certain amount of talent, and I say that as a non fan. The visuals will no doubt be stunning with it's huge budget and the caliber of the artists involved. All the delays in release will allow even more time spent making it work. It may barely break even in the states because of it's large budget, but the Sci-Fi extravaganza will make a ton overseas. It will still be seen by millions. Timmy might not get an Oscar, but it will give him a lot of clout. Blockbuster or not, sorry, Timothee has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 94August 6, 2020 12:17 AM

R94 I feel like a lot of people are afraid to say they are TC fans for fear of being criticized, which is bullshit. The guy is VERY talented and has an appeal to some, not so much to others. But don't feel you have to qualify your observation that he's talented. He'll be great in Dune, just wait and see.

by Anonymousreply 95August 6, 2020 12:34 AM

R94: Your mistaken.

by Anonymousreply 96August 6, 2020 2:01 AM

R96 You are boring. By repeating again and again the same two ideas (people think he’s overrated, all his movies will flop) in every thread, without adding any intelligent arguments, you are not going to convince anyone.

Did Timmy do something bad to you in real life or are you just an obsessed loser?

by Anonymousreply 97August 6, 2020 2:41 AM

R97: No I just think that he’s overrated and at least Dune will flop.

by Anonymousreply 98August 6, 2020 3:12 AM

R96 You're, as in, You Are, Not Bright

by Anonymousreply 99August 6, 2020 5:48 AM

R97 I think Dune will flop but not because of Tim.

Dune is a very complex novel that'll work way better as a tv series than as a film. The chances are that the movie will end being too expensive and too long, and people generally go to the cinemas to watch pure entertaining sci fi, were visuals and action are way more important that the message, and this is not the case.

Anyway, Tim's career is perfectly safe. I doubt he'll become a mainstream it boy if the film is a success but i don't think it affect his career either if the film is a big flop. The film is not carried by one character

by Anonymousreply 100August 6, 2020 1:44 PM

Zendaya about Dune

So a trailer EXISTS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 6, 2020 3:41 PM

R100 The new film was apparently filmed as "Part 1", a self contained film but with a planned sequel. So it won't be as condensed as the David Lynch film.

by Anonymousreply 102August 6, 2020 3:47 PM

R102 That's a good idea for sure.

by Anonymousreply 103August 6, 2020 5:19 PM

Timmy is back on Twitter after months, even replied to a fan. Dune trailer must be coming out soon

by Anonymousreply 104August 7, 2020 10:18 PM

What’s the purpose of the Eiza stunt?

by Anonymousreply 105August 7, 2020 11:05 PM

His three tweets were about Dylan!!

by Anonymousreply 106August 7, 2020 11:15 PM

Yes, but if he bothers being so active again after months, sharing a selfie, kidding, replying to tweets etc I suppose he’s laying the ground for the upcoming promo. He also later replied to a fan that the trailer is coming out before September

Reactions seem to be positive, high engagement levels as usual (in less than 1 hour he already had 100k likes on the selfie) and very few references to Cabo. His Twitter fandom has already forgiven and forgotten. R105 go find someone else to wish evil on. It seems it’s not working on Timothée

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107August 8, 2020 12:02 AM

Is he over yet?

by Anonymousreply 108August 8, 2020 12:14 AM

^ I mean, his Twitter fandom is insane, but just as usual. He must feel relieved

by Anonymousreply 109August 8, 2020 12:14 AM

[bold]Timothee's girlfriend defends Belinda after meme comparing their men history[/bold]

[quote]Espero q el 2021 nos curemos de corona pero también de la terrible mentalidad misógina. En lo difícil q es conseguir reconocimiento por trabajo propio porque por lo visto nunca nada es suficiente, nos ponen a competir y encima nuestro valor solo esta conectado a un hombre.

I hope that in 2021 we will heal from the corona but also from the terrible misogynistic mentality. In how difficult it is to get recognition for our own work because apparently nothing is ever enough, they put us to compete and above all our value is only connected to one man.

[quote]Ojalá algún día lleguemos al punto donde valoremos a las mujeres que nos representan en todos los ámbitos por su propio empeño, esfuerzo y sacrifico porque aunque no lo crean el hombre no es Dios y ningún hombre crea a una mujer. La mujer sobresale y se mantiene por sí sola.

Hopefully one day we will reach the point where we value the women who represent us in all areas for their own commitment, effort and sacrifice because even if they don't believe it, man is not God and no man creates a woman. The woman stands out and stands alone.

[quote]Y por último, ninguna mujer es mejor que otra. Y sobre todo mujer que tiene la tenacidad y agallas de sobrevivir el despreció y ataques día a día en esta y otras industrias merece todo el respeto. Mujer guerrera. Porque desde el día tristemente solo x ser mujer tenemos desventaja

And finally, no woman is better than another. And above all a woman who has the tenacity and guts to survive the contempt and attacks day after day in this and other industries deserves all the respect. Warrior woman. Because since the day sadly only x being a woman we have a disadvantage

[quote]Porfavor no me utilicen como ejemplo para denigrar o minimizar a ninguna mujer. Nunca. Ni su carrera, ni su vida personal y mucho menos su físico. Es completamente inaceptable. Y no es algo en lo que yo creo o quiero ser partícipe. Gracias

Please do not use me as an example to denigrate or minimize any woman. Never. Not his career, not his personal life, much less his physique. It is completely unacceptable. And it is not something in which I believe or want to be a participant. Thank you

[quote]Sin contar que burlarse o utilizar los rasgos, la complexión o el color de la piel de alguien para minimizar su valor es absolutamente erróneo. El racismo y clasismo es inaceptable.

Not to mention that teasing or using someone's features, complexion or skin color to minimize their value is absolutely wrong. Racism and classism is unacceptable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110August 8, 2020 2:17 AM

Eiza vs Belinda

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111August 8, 2020 2:25 AM

Seeing his face makes me want to fart.

by Anonymousreply 112August 8, 2020 2:52 AM

R107 He doens't have fans, he has fanatics. He has nothing to fear from them. Yes, they overreact at anything but that's all.

And of course this time he'll be everywhere, that movie needs a lot of promo and hype because sci fi is very very expenssive so they need to do very well, domestically and overseas.

So there will be paparazzi pics to keep everyone entertained

by Anonymousreply 113August 8, 2020 9:25 AM

R110

Coming from those two idiots who don't even respect themselves.

Fake nose, fake blonds, fake actresses, fake love stories, fake lives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114August 8, 2020 12:21 PM

R102 : That's what I was thinking. Everything is done in threes these days.

Hopefully they can capture the darkness of the novel.

by Anonymousreply 115August 8, 2020 1:36 PM

r114 why would belinda fake date all these uglies though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116August 8, 2020 1:41 PM

R98 no you're obsessed with him and afraid for Dune being a success so you're hoping it will fail. Look at your posting history. "Is he over yet?" You're scared shitless.

by Anonymousreply 117August 8, 2020 1:42 PM

[quote]La neta estaban reculeras Eiza González y Belinda sin cirugías son cagada .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118August 8, 2020 1:43 PM

LOOL

[quote]Los ligues de Eiza / Los de Belinda.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 8, 2020 1:44 PM

R117: Look at the likes on my R108 post. It’s not just me. People are sick and tired of Ratboy.

by Anonymousreply 120August 8, 2020 1:45 PM

R120 it's you and your 4 other accounts. LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 121August 8, 2020 1:48 PM

R117 Afraid of his success? who are you? a 12 yo fangirl?

This is DL, it's a gossip site, and some people are not sold in his lead man qualities.

If you want praise and nothing more than praise i'm sure there are a lot of fan forums for that.

And i don't even hate the guy, i think he is a good actor but his fans are simply ridiculous

by Anonymousreply 122August 8, 2020 1:55 PM

Good for Timotheo, the Belinda/Eiza meme made it to all major Mexican/Latin American publications. Eiza is doing all the work and helping him to be known in a new market. He struggles in America to be considered a leading man but Televisa already wants him as the galán for one of their telenovelas

by Anonymousreply 123August 8, 2020 2:02 PM

R122 look at your posting history. You don't need to be much older than 12 years old to know you're just a tad obsessed with hoping he fails. LMAO

"

Ignored Active ignored threads and recent posts by ignored posters. You have 0 recent threads and 1 posters on ignore.

Posts by ignored poster 1 Dune Oscar for Timmy? If there's a movie that has all the numbers to bomb that's Dune.

Anyway it's simply too soon to know who will be nominated.

And Chalamet should try not to look that eager to win. He is young and the academy has a tendency to give the oscar to veterans (which by the way it's not the best way to attract viewers to the ceremony).

And sci fi is not exactly the best genre to get nominations anyway

Dune Oscar for Timmy? R71 Well, it seem Woody Allen thinks that.

Some of the new actors (the ones with good critics) seems more eager to play the hollywood game than others, and he is totally on board

Dune Oscar for Timmy? Oh and the buzz doesn't mean a thing till the movie is on theatres, Billy Lynn's long halftime walk (such good novel, such dissapointing film) and The goldfinch were supposed to be contenders and we know what happened (of course The Goldfinch train derailed a little earlier than usual, but every year there's a highly awaited film that gets the cold shoulder).

And a lot of fans of the novel are not too impressed by some of Villeneuve changes, so i won't be surprised if there's some backlash

Dune Oscar for Timmy? E77 Dune never had universal appeal (and i'm talking about the novel which by the way didn't age that well) and it's a novel very difficult to adapt.

And i said it that not everyone who was fan of the book is thrilled because i read an article (and the journalist was very very fan of the novel) trashing some of Villeneuve decisions.

And yes, there's interest about the film, but there was interest about the new Blade runner movie, even had good reviews and it flopped anyway.

Dune Oscar for Timmy? He is bitter becuase Chalamet sold him out just to look woke.

He was nominated at 22, Hedges was nominated even younger, that doesn't mean he is going to win anytime soon or ever.

Leonardo got his frist nomination very young and he spend years pandering the academy to win that fucking Oscar (it was frankly pathetic).

He is too young for academy tastes, they like their actress young but their actors to be veterans, and probably it's not his fault but he comes as akward in interviews.

He should try to build a career and forget about Oscars for a while

Dune Oscar for Timmy? R81 I read Dune long time ago, and it's a great novel but not an easy one to adapt.

No, i don't need the movie to fail but yes, i expect it to fail like Blade runner failed.

And i have nothing against Timmy, but i don't think he is the new messiah like some of his fanboys think here.

He is a good actor, but he is not going to win an oscar anytime soon because he is not the type of actor they like the give the award. If he has a solid career, he'll have his oscar when he is near his forties (if he is lucky)

R84 Who cares, Di Caprio needed to be a star for years and years and years and choose carefully obvious Oscar bait roles to get the award. He was an interesting actor when he was young, now, not so much.

And Timmy and Lucas will get their award if they play well their cards and have solid careers, but they are not going to win anytime soon. The list of winner is pretty clear in recent years, a nomination is the best thing that a young actor can get.

And anyway, discussing who is going to win an oscar in August is simply ridiculous"

by Anonymousreply 124August 8, 2020 2:07 PM

All this bickering over one of the worst screen presences ever to grace the screen.

by Anonymousreply 125August 8, 2020 2:12 PM

The answer is [bold]no[/bold] OP.

Emphatically no.

by Anonymousreply 126August 8, 2020 2:25 PM

Are Oscars THAT important?

What are the perks?

Prestige? Money? Exposure? Popularity? Opportunities? Big directors want you?

by Anonymousreply 127August 8, 2020 3:32 PM

Poor sad G at 127.

by Anonymousreply 128August 8, 2020 3:35 PM

Dune

What You Might Have Missed In The Exclusive Images

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129August 8, 2020 3:45 PM

R127 Not everybody wants a career in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 130August 8, 2020 5:53 PM

he really shows his ass in this?

by Anonymousreply 131August 8, 2020 6:14 PM

R131 First he has a flat ass and second if they follow the book he'll be overdressed most of the time

by Anonymousreply 132August 8, 2020 6:39 PM

There are plenty of more attractive actors who have yet to show their ass. We don’t need to see his pancake ass again.

by Anonymousreply 133August 8, 2020 7:27 PM

People want to see his cock

We've seen his ass twice and is nothing special

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134August 8, 2020 7:37 PM

R131: Where does it say that he’ll show his ass in Dune?

by Anonymousreply 135August 8, 2020 8:22 PM

He has a beautiful back though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136August 8, 2020 8:28 PM

Very sexy (except for ugly Armie)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137August 8, 2020 8:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 8, 2020 9:07 PM

I don’t want to jinx anything but no Eiza stunts since June. What exactly was the purpose of the Mexico stunt?

by Anonymousreply 139August 8, 2020 9:24 PM

One of Eiza's exes kissing his dad. Family tradition. I can picture Timothee tongue fucking his dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 8, 2020 9:34 PM

Yum can't wait to greet his son properly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141August 8, 2020 9:35 PM

R140 And curiously the father is a raging homophobe

R137 Armie is an idiot but he was gorgeous on CMBY, Tim will never look that good

by Anonymousreply 142August 9, 2020 10:15 AM

[quote]but he was gorgeous on CMBY, Tim will never look that good

Just a matter of taste I guess. I think Timmy has much more attractive traits

Btw I watched ”the social network” a few days ago and found Armie actually attractive in that one. IMO he looked tooo old in CMBYN, I don’t know if it was the hair, the tan or what

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143August 9, 2020 11:42 AM

R143 Timmy looks perfectly fine if you lilke androginous looks

by Anonymousreply 144August 9, 2020 12:10 PM

R134 He might have his 9.5 cut beauty out in the Wes Anderson film, The French Dispatch.

by Anonymousreply 145August 9, 2020 12:27 PM

R144 Timothee isn't androgynous. He is pretty but in a masculine way. His jawline could cut through marble.

by Anonymousreply 146August 9, 2020 12:29 PM

R143 Armie looked like a ropey,smelly foot in CMBYN. Timothee is gorgeous. That's partly why all the fans from CMBYN flocked to him.

by Anonymousreply 147August 9, 2020 12:30 PM

Also his eyes and eyebrows are not feminine at all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148August 9, 2020 1:03 PM

R148, but his ginormous dong is quite masculine.

by Anonymousreply 149August 9, 2020 1:13 PM

R146 Yeah, sure. Very very masculine

by Anonymousreply 150August 9, 2020 1:15 PM

Y’all need to get some eyes. He’s not gorgeous nor handsome.

by Anonymousreply 151August 9, 2020 1:25 PM

Timothée has objectively some pretty features and a gorgeous smile, and since he is quite a cheerful guy that makes more attractive.

Btw even if you don’t want to fuck him, it’s easy to like him anyways, because he has a lot of qualities. He’s talented, smart, funny, nice to everyone.

Matter of fact, your fave Armie is a talentless brainless embarrassing idiot, and that’s why now that his looks are fading he will be left with nothing going for him (except for being the heir of a ridiculously rich family, but that’s not a personal quality)

by Anonymousreply 152August 9, 2020 1:50 PM

R152 Which part of Armie is an idiot you didn't understand.

The comment was about his looks, not about his talent or how nice he is.

And Timmy has a lot of qualities but given how little he needed to sell himself and promote his career using his (fake) private life i don't know if those qualities will last. Armie seemed an inteligent guy when he arrived to the scene and now he makes a fool of himself everytime he opens his mouth

by Anonymousreply 153August 9, 2020 1:58 PM

[quote]He’s talented, smart, funny, nice to everyone.

Which one of these qualities has any connection with “promoting his career using his (fake) private life”?

I doubt his IQ dropped after Cabo, he is going to lose his talent, will be less funny or less nice. We will really never know what Cabo was and what was the purpose. We can assume it was PR. But I doubt it’s going to have such a huge impact on his career. If Dune and his upcoming projects (for instance GE) are good, and his acting is good, people will just talk about his performance. Not everyone is into gossip, most people just watch movies and don’t give a fuck about it

by Anonymousreply 154August 9, 2020 2:42 PM

Timothee is objectively gorgeous. Armie is bland white guy that is unremarkable in every way.

by Anonymousreply 155August 9, 2020 2:49 PM

^^ high cheekbones, strong jaw, soft and full lips and pretty eyes vs Armie's round head, thin lips and beady eyes.

by Anonymousreply 156August 9, 2020 3:24 PM

I get the fangirls love the curly hair and the twinkish look but that only lasts for so long. Ask Topher Grace and Joseph Gordon Levitt.

by Anonymousreply 157August 9, 2020 3:32 PM

[quote] And curiously the father is a raging homophobe

Citation needed.

by Anonymousreply 158August 9, 2020 3:43 PM

R156 Timmy also has a very pretty nose, that is not so common in guys.

I think his eyes are more of an unconventional beauty, though. I like them but probably because I like him. The kind of droopy look is probably not a common beauty feature, but it makes him look endearing. Also their color is very particular. His face is definitely a remarkable one, Armie even when younger and looking better than now, was conventional looking. Now he is just bland.

by Anonymousreply 159August 9, 2020 3:43 PM

R159 I find his eyes exceptionally pretty. They're huge and doe shaped, wide set with double lashes. He can look extraordinary.

by Anonymousreply 160August 9, 2020 4:00 PM

R157 the hair is just a bonus but arguably he was at his hottest for The King with that bowl cut that just accentuated his jawline.

by Anonymousreply 161August 9, 2020 4:02 PM

R154 Come on, like if Cabo was the first time.

The guy is a good actor and that's all.

And he is maybe smart, but those red carpet interviews during Beautiful boy were cringeworthy

by Anonymousreply 162August 9, 2020 4:55 PM

I guess the purpose of Cabo was to continue the illusion that he’s straight.

by Anonymousreply 163August 9, 2020 6:46 PM

R162 Arguably he's above average intelligence if not more since he graduated HS and entered ivy league university before his 18th birthday. Red carpet interview is hardly a gauge of intelligence. Very coached child actors with little education can sound eloquent. Timothee has minimal media training so sometimes can get awkward but his awkwardness is endearing and relatable.

by Anonymousreply 164August 9, 2020 6:53 PM

R164: With that level of intelligence why wasn’t he a doctor or lawyer?

by Anonymousreply 165August 9, 2020 7:03 PM

Cabo was very strange and it clearly was PR. But why then in the middle of a global pandemic and why her? They haven’t been seen together since; the online reaction was that bad.

by Anonymousreply 166August 9, 2020 7:06 PM

[quote]The King with that bowl cut that just accentuated his jawline.

I unexpectedly liked his hair in the movie, but not soon after when they started growing again. Ofc it was for work, but BB promo era was his worst hair.

His best hair IMO was Golden Globes 2019, or a bit longer, like The king promo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 9, 2020 7:10 PM

R166 it’s evident it was PR. The real question is why was it planned&performed so bad

[quote]so sometimes can get awkward but his awkwardness is endearing and relatable.

I agree, at the end it’s not even a flaw, because it tends to make him more endearing and people actually like him. Btw there are interviews in which he was totally at ease and not awkward at all. The first that comes to my mind is the one for BBC radio 1 with Ali Plumb. It’s on YT

by Anonymousreply 168August 9, 2020 7:22 PM

^this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 9, 2020 7:23 PM

R165 He probably could've been a doctor or lawyer, if he had chosen that.

by Anonymousreply 170August 9, 2020 10:34 PM

The guy who mixed up Psycho and American Psycho? This is the intelligent guy you're talking about?

Oh, but a well-connected kid got into Columbia, so that must prove he's clever.

by Anonymousreply 171August 9, 2020 10:37 PM

At least he looks cute here...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172August 9, 2020 10:54 PM

Why does his neck look so weird there? It's the same width as his head

by Anonymousreply 173August 9, 2020 10:55 PM

What’s in his pocket?

by Anonymousreply 174August 9, 2020 10:57 PM

R174, that's the question I was expecting, not R173's.

by Anonymousreply 175August 9, 2020 11:01 PM

He looks like a giant. It's like he's getting taller by the minute — still growing

by Anonymousreply 176August 9, 2020 11:04 PM

R176, he grows to 8 inches when he’s with me.

by Anonymousreply 177August 9, 2020 11:05 PM

He’s so fucking fine.

by Anonymousreply 178August 9, 2020 11:22 PM

No Charmie reunion? What happened to that? Why were they always in different places and now he’s left? Armie could have done GMA in NYC with him.

by Anonymousreply 179August 9, 2020 11:29 PM

They are allowed to go around. So good, we’ll get more fan pics. Also, Budapest is such a nice city

R174 a wallet maybe? Doesn’t look like a phone

by Anonymousreply 180August 10, 2020 12:14 AM

If he's in Budapest then they're probably doing reshoots. That's usually never a good sign.

by Anonymousreply 181August 10, 2020 1:38 AM

No probably, they are

by Anonymousreply 182August 10, 2020 2:04 AM

R171 That's silly. You don't measure someone's intelligence because they mixed up a couple of movie titles. Everyone has a brainfart now and again. Even the most intelligent and wisest amongst us will make mistakes about some pop trivia.

by Anonymousreply 183August 10, 2020 2:11 AM

R183 It's hardly pop trivia when it was for an audition and cost him a job.

by Anonymousreply 184August 10, 2020 2:14 AM

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! OMG I didn't know that. Major major brainfart. He must have been really nervous. You can still be smart and fuck up sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 185August 10, 2020 2:23 AM

He wasn't nervous, he was an idiot. He had an audition for Bate's Motel, which he was told was based on Psycho. So searched for Psycho on Netflix and watched American Psycho because it's the first result that came up. That's not a brain fart, it's just dumb. And also shows a shitty level of prep for a rehearsal. He then auditioned, doing an impression of Patrick Bateman.

by Anonymousreply 186August 10, 2020 2:27 AM

That is the most hilarious story I've ever heard! Were did you read this? I seriously would love a link for the laugh.

I still don't think this makes him stupid, just young and messy. He was what - 16 or 17 when he did this? I don't think he'll ever make this mistake again.

by Anonymousreply 187August 10, 2020 4:14 AM

Really? That's the most hilarious story you've ever heard? That? Out of all the stories you've ever heard, that's the one that made you laugh the most? Really? Why are Chalamet fans like this?

Google his name and Bates Motel, you'll probably find it.

by Anonymousreply 188August 10, 2020 4:40 AM

Yes. Really. Calm down. He's just an actor.

by Anonymousreply 189August 10, 2020 4:58 AM

Funny stories!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190August 10, 2020 5:06 AM

R188 haaha are we really gauging intelligence based on whether someone can distinguish Hitchcock's Psycho from American Psycho? Come on kiddos.

by Anonymousreply 191August 10, 2020 11:10 AM

r188 seems fun.

by Anonymousreply 192August 10, 2020 2:01 PM

Little Women was on Starz last night. He was stiff as a board in some scenes and there was no chemistry or spark with Florence Pugh at all.

by Anonymousreply 193August 10, 2020 8:59 PM

Little Women was on Starz last night. He was stiff as a board in some scenes and there was no chemistry or spark with Florence Pugh at all. It’s mind boggling that he’s able to consistently get leading man roles.

by Anonymousreply 194August 10, 2020 9:02 PM

R193

Amy is the second best, Laurie really wanted to marry Jo.

We all know that.

Anyway, he is very disappointing.

Must be the Italian in him.

by Anonymousreply 195August 10, 2020 10:56 PM

Timothée as Laurie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196August 10, 2020 11:10 PM

Meltdowns on timothe's chinese friend IG because Eiza commented. She's here to stay. If you feel like trolling this is the time, he doesn't delete comments. Please make ss I have to go

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197August 11, 2020 2:34 PM

They will tear her apart lol

And it looks like Timmy has uninstalled SM apps from his mobile, so he’s probably not going to acknowledge her in any way, she is going to come across just as a clingy attention seeker

Not a smart move

by Anonymousreply 198August 11, 2020 5:03 PM

[quote]And it looks like Timmy has uninstalled SM apps from his mobile

How would you possibly know that?

by Anonymousreply 199August 11, 2020 8:12 PM

I don’t know, just speculation

He used the Web app for all the Bob Dylan tweets and the selfie. He joked about being a grandpa, but he had the app before and always used that one to post

He had been inactive for 2 months on TW, same for IG, maybe he’s still using finstas. But if he has actually uninstalled them after Cabo, better for him that he can avoid reading all the stupid and mean comments. Cannot blame him, getting all that hate must have been terrible and it was totally uncalled for

Btw it’s speculation, I don’t claim to know anything

by Anonymousreply 200August 11, 2020 9:48 PM

Well R200 you certainly come off as if you know a bit too much. Not to be nasty, your info is interesting, but, it's info that the layperson fan wouldn't know... or need to know.

by Anonymousreply 201August 12, 2020 1:39 AM

r197 r198 So what happened, did he delete Eiza's comment or is my IG glitching

by Anonymousreply 202August 12, 2020 1:48 AM

His fans are so embarrassing. I would be traumatized by that alone if I were him.

by Anonymousreply 203August 12, 2020 2:12 AM

Tim is gonna be a major superstar very soon

by Anonymousreply 204August 12, 2020 2:18 AM

They should have called it "Dune and Duner."

Shamolay is going down harder than Shia, with less success behind him as he falls.

by Anonymousreply 205August 12, 2020 2:24 AM

R204: Lol

by Anonymousreply 206August 12, 2020 2:26 AM

[quote] she is going to come across just as a clingy attention seeker

How is she being a "clingy attention seeker" by leaving a comment on the IG account of a non-famous person who went on vacation with her?

by Anonymousreply 207August 12, 2020 2:38 AM

R207 It really shows what a bubble these fangirls live in, where they think everyone is monitoring the social media accounts of everyone linked to Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 208August 12, 2020 3:41 AM

R201 You can know that by simply following him on Twitter and Instagram

He used the Web App and if you go through his past tweets he used to post by Twitter for iPhone

Also the fact that he has been inactive for months is noticeable if you follow him, he has never been a regular poster, but he used to post at least random stories about music or movies every now and then

[quote]His fans are so embarrassing. I would be traumatized by that alone if I were him.

Seriously. Everyone is free to have an opinion about anything and anyone, but the entitlement to go attack directly someone on SM is appalling. If he “broke your heart” by going on a vacation with this woman, it’s your problem, he doesn’t owe anything to anyone.

If it was reckless or selfish doing it during a pandemic (and personally I don’t think it was) again, free to think less of him, but feeling entitled to go tell him off all over his SM is crazy. If you don’t like what he does or how he comes across, stop following him, just watch his movies or don’t do even that, who cares

IMO discussing on a forum is okay, he is a celeb, gossip is part of the job, but I would never go claim explanations or offend anyone to their face. It‘s just ridiculous

This thing really proved how scary his fandom is. Idk if this thing with Eiza is/was PR, was genuine but just a fling or if it's a committed one, but if he’s ever going to have someone in his life he really cares for, sure he will keep it to himself to make sure he/she is protected from this public lynching, now that he has witnessed how unhinged his “fans” are

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209August 12, 2020 12:12 PM

“Some guy named Timothée Chalamet” promoting Little Women’s release in China

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210August 12, 2020 1:10 PM

R210 damn he is extremely pretty

by Anonymousreply 211August 12, 2020 1:39 PM

Wow, he's so smooth, milky white and gorgeous! He must get weekly facials.

by Anonymousreply 212August 12, 2020 5:14 PM

R210 hes a very very pretty man. Too pretty to be a man to be honest. He looks fucking flawless

by Anonymousreply 213August 12, 2020 5:56 PM

r212

I think it's telling that the linked account is called "Milkytimo" and is based in Korea. East Asians love pale skin, that's part of the reason why he's extra popular there.

by Anonymousreply 214August 12, 2020 6:10 PM

R213

A real man specially for you.

Sexy too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215August 12, 2020 6:18 PM

R213 he really looks flawless. And his nose and lips are so perfect.

But isn’t he looking manlier somehow? I think his features are changing a bit now that he is in his mid-twenties. Or maybe his face is just looking skinnier, idk

By the way, he KNOWS he’s sexy af, he wouldn’t be so flirty if he didn’t

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216August 12, 2020 6:35 PM

Overrated in looks

by Anonymousreply 217August 12, 2020 6:42 PM

I don't care for TC but I did finally see A Rainy Day in New York and he SINGS in it. A Chet Baker song. He did a nice job. Fans of his should check it out, they'll love him in it.

by Anonymousreply 218August 12, 2020 6:43 PM

It's impossible for me to overstate how much I want to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 219August 12, 2020 6:56 PM

I have never been a great fan of WA comedies, and found the movie nice, but not remarkable. Timmy singing was the only part I really loved though, I agree with you R218

by Anonymousreply 220August 12, 2020 6:59 PM

R219

And make him smile and make him come and make him happy?

by Anonymousreply 221August 12, 2020 7:00 PM

R216 He's French. They're all like that. Same in Spain and Italy, not to mention Latin Americans.

by Anonymousreply 222August 13, 2020 1:01 AM

He’s sung in movies before. Didn’t he sing an America song?

by Anonymousreply 223August 13, 2020 1:05 AM

Timothee Chalamet sings "Everything Happens to Me" from "A Rainy Day in New York".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224August 13, 2020 2:16 AM

I think he will win 47 oscars all in one year!

by Anonymousreply 225August 13, 2020 2:19 AM

Wait, what did I just say? Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 226August 13, 2020 2:20 AM

NOW, really...

by Anonymousreply 227August 13, 2020 2:20 AM

r210 Gurl...

by Anonymousreply 228August 13, 2020 4:48 AM

The Eliza thing makes the LRD fiasco look like School House Rock.

by Anonymousreply 229August 13, 2020 4:53 AM

Are we still on the Eiza thing? Old news by now.

by Anonymousreply 230August 13, 2020 5:24 AM

r216 Maybe he got some work done.

by Anonymousreply 231August 13, 2020 5:27 AM

R223 True, it was in Miss Stevens

And then he was asked to sing it in the Popcorn interview. It was cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232August 13, 2020 3:02 PM

Eiza is in the past. Whatever it was, is no more. She's not even high enough on his social bar to friend at IG, not that it's any of our business who he follows on social media and why. But it's telling that he's still following that Lily girl.

by Anonymousreply 233August 13, 2020 3:10 PM

Did Lily unfollow him?

by Anonymousreply 234August 13, 2020 7:54 PM

She's committed to this relationship, she hasn't been seen with another man, she comments on his friend's ig, likes his sister's posts, answers to memes that link her to him, I can't believe she'd be so desperate if things are really over

by Anonymousreply 235August 13, 2020 8:57 PM

[quote]that Lily girl

Aww, are you stil stung that she got to spend time with him whilst he'll never know your name?

by Anonymousreply 236August 13, 2020 9:02 PM

R236 Bless you for the use of "whilst". This Lily and Eiza obsession is getting boring.

by Anonymousreply 237August 13, 2020 9:29 PM

Rebecca Ferguson plays Lady Jessica.

Trained Bene Gesserit and Mother of Paul Atreides.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238August 13, 2020 11:18 PM

The cast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239August 13, 2020 11:35 PM

R238: That means the final product will be shit.

by Anonymousreply 240August 14, 2020 12:18 AM

Why is Rebecca Ferguson the spokesperson for Dune all of a sudden?

by Anonymousreply 241August 14, 2020 12:25 AM

Earlier in the thread somebody said that he’ll show his ass again in Dune. Please tell me this isn’t true.

by Anonymousreply 242August 14, 2020 2:22 PM

New Eiza post from New York. Will our fave couple move in together?

Her friend commented

[quote]amstowell Grab some Tompkins Square bagels while you’re down there 🥯

timmystan's comment

[quote]giantsfan86 Nothing says PR sham like getting bagels with Timmy. Desperation at its finest.@eizagonzalez can you not make it into Hollywood without calling the paps and being with actors. Is this how little you think of yourself? You have to call paps and have sex in a pool. You're not a woman to look up to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243August 15, 2020 12:02 AM

Oh I like whoever her friend is! Piss those fangirls off!

by Anonymousreply 244August 15, 2020 12:08 AM

This is her friend, an actor, he dated Nina Dobrev

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245August 15, 2020 12:29 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 15, 2020 12:31 AM

We're missing the jet skiing pics from the cabo trip

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 15, 2020 12:34 AM

ok he should never shave his beard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 15, 2020 12:39 AM

Still no OP.

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2020 12:50 AM

R240 Don’t think they are reshoots. Villeneuve always planned to do some scenes after the main shoot but covid happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2020 12:51 AM

R250 The article you linked to calls them reshoots

[quote]While production mostly wrapped before the quarantine hit, Villeneuve had been planning reshoots that were ultimately challenged by the shutdown of filming

And Villeneuve himself says they were to "readjust" the movie

[quote]I was planning to go back and shoot some elements later because I wanted to readjust the movie.

by Anonymousreply 251August 15, 2020 1:01 AM

I love @Beard_Club on twitter.

by Anonymousreply 252August 15, 2020 4:39 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253August 15, 2020 11:01 PM

Timmy finally gets his first Oscar anally, afterwards he fucks Taika's old hairy tight hole and cums inside him. Eiza gets a role as Valkyrie's empowered latina girlfriend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254August 15, 2020 11:05 PM

Oh DL, always the lowest.

by Anonymousreply 255August 16, 2020 12:26 AM

With Little Women being a period piece, he had to put the waist of his pants above his belly button. From the back it looked like he had no ass at all.

by Anonymousreply 256August 16, 2020 1:58 AM

R256 Then why did it also look like he had no ass when he was naked in CMBYN?

by Anonymousreply 257August 16, 2020 4:04 AM

[quote]the actor who likes to pretend he is French[quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 258August 16, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Timmy can finally have an Oscar inside him

The only Oscar Timmy will ever receive.

by Anonymousreply 259August 16, 2020 6:46 AM

Timmy with Francois Ozon and the star of his latest film, Felix Lefebvre.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 16, 2020 6:17 PM

Félix also known in Ozon's movie as bootleg Elio. This is bootleg Armie, attending a premiere in a tracksuit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261August 16, 2020 6:31 PM

He's the new face of French gay cinema

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262August 16, 2020 6:41 PM

R260

Threesome?

by Anonymousreply 263August 16, 2020 7:56 PM

Everyone has the right to happiness and I'm glad we got BI confirmation that she has moved on, just as I thought. After reading her hypocritical "pro-woman" tweets from Aug 6th that come a month too late, she's back up to her tricks in needing a man and using her body to get one to continue to build her career. Buh bye Eiza.

by Anonymousreply 264August 16, 2020 8:54 PM

Ooh you can feel the jealousy seethe off R264. You're that upset that you'll never give Chalamet a boner?

by Anonymousreply 265August 16, 2020 8:59 PM

R265

No one is jealous.

I had the whole meal.

The 30 seconds of it.

by Anonymousreply 266August 16, 2020 9:08 PM

My, my..

Easy-Eiza is a little busybody!!

Is she the new Sharon Stone?

The new Elizabeth Berkley?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267August 16, 2020 9:50 PM

^

[quote]Sunday, August 16, 2020

[quote]Blind Item #6

[quote]Yesterday I wrote about the foreign born B+ list actress who recently got out of the fake relationship and was hooking up with someone who could help her career. Apparently she has also been seeing the celebrity CEO on a regular basis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268August 16, 2020 10:50 PM

You do know how stupid you all look relying on blind items, right?

by Anonymousreply 269August 16, 2020 11:01 PM

r263 Ozon looks pretty good for 52 so I certainly hope he's destroying his 19yo bussy

Félix reminds me a bit of River in some pictures

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270August 16, 2020 11:02 PM

r260 did Ozon had the blonde and the brunette in his bed that night? Was Timmy jealous of Félix's pristine hole ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 16, 2020 11:07 PM

R265, you poor Eiza fan girl fool. We're all just relieved it's officially over, and yes, only BIs will touch this pathetic showmance story.

by Anonymousreply 272August 16, 2020 11:25 PM

R268 who are these ugly people?

by Anonymousreply 273August 16, 2020 11:38 PM

R271, maybe Francois reminds Timmy of his dad

by Anonymousreply 274August 16, 2020 11:49 PM

R273 Timothee's girlfriend and some of her mexican ex bfs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 17, 2020 12:06 AM

r274 Don't tempt me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276August 17, 2020 12:12 AM

R276 Felix is mouth watering. I would murder my brother for a chance at a foursome with Timmy, Ozon and Felix.

by Anonymousreply 277August 17, 2020 4:33 AM

rAZZY MORe liKE IT

by Anonymousreply 278August 17, 2020 10:50 AM

I really hope the film is good. I love the books. I think he is a good casting choice.

by Anonymousreply 279August 17, 2020 6:20 PM

Timmy is fizzling out.

by Anonymousreply 280August 18, 2020 4:57 AM

He had mentioned Ozon also in this interview

I don’t know how good his French is, but I could listen to him for hours. Would love to see him in a French movie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281August 18, 2020 10:48 AM

He definitely had some subtle work done to his face. De rigour in H'wood.

by Anonymousreply 282August 18, 2020 10:51 AM

What kind of work, r282?

by Anonymousreply 283August 18, 2020 12:29 PM

Prove it

by Anonymousreply 284August 18, 2020 12:37 PM

R282 when? He's been either working or in the public. He hasn't had time for work. He just grew up.

by Anonymousreply 285August 18, 2020 5:35 PM

Teeth whitening and anal rejuvenation so far. He'll have his chin and lips done by Eiza's surgeon

by Anonymousreply 286August 18, 2020 5:53 PM

He does look different in this recent pic, as in being slightly, but noticeably older looking. Could be just a fluke of the photography, though. Or maybe he's just lost a little bit of weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287August 18, 2020 6:02 PM

It's time to block the haters here now. You guys lack originality in your hate for Timothee.

by Anonymousreply 288August 18, 2020 7:41 PM

^^ It's time to block the twat, unhinged fangirls, who are incapable of rational discussion. Go wet your vadge on some Instagram fan page.

by Anonymousreply 289August 18, 2020 7:46 PM

Those bookmakers!!

I would have bet more about "Dylan 1965" (James Mangold -Going Electric) for if not an Oscar, at least a nomination.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290August 18, 2020 8:07 PM

What bookmakers are you talking about R290? And why did you link to an article that does nothing but rehash the article already linked to earlier in the thread?

by Anonymousreply 291August 18, 2020 8:12 PM

He's had no work done other than to whiten his teeth.

by Anonymousreply 292August 18, 2020 8:36 PM

Timothee using Grindr in Budapest, wearing an oversized shirt from his hookup. Hopefully the guy secretly filmed him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293August 18, 2020 10:17 PM

What's is name on Grinder?

VictorianOrphan?

by Anonymousreply 294August 19, 2020 5:32 AM

R293, you are hilarious.

You're playing, Quick let's divert attention! When we all know who he got the shirt from.

by Anonymousreply 295August 19, 2020 1:22 PM

[quote]It's time to block the haters here now. You guys lack originality in your hate for Timothee.

Seriously. All the posters here are unoriginal haters or annoying Charmies. Its becoming boring here

He has always worn loose-fitting clothes. It’s summer, it’s hot, no one wears tight-fitting clothes. Claiming that everything he has worn lately belongs to Armie is so stupid

by Anonymousreply 296August 19, 2020 2:09 PM

Really? Why is it stupid?

by Anonymousreply 297August 19, 2020 2:18 PM

Do you feel an intelligent being while claiming that in August 2020 Timmy is wearing a shirt or a tank top belonging to his CMBYN co-star, just because they look loose?

He is skinny, obviously most clothes look baggy on him.

by Anonymousreply 298August 19, 2020 3:23 PM

R299, not when he wears something his size.

by Anonymousreply 299August 19, 2020 3:34 PM

Normal size.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 19, 2020 4:48 PM

Kyle McLachlan weights in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303August 20, 2020 12:23 PM

Timmy lookalike from Israël.

Beautiful model Ron Levi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304August 20, 2020 4:24 PM

R304, with that you are implying Tim is beautiful and 'model' material. Be careful! You'll get banned from the DL. Don't you know that only Timmy haters are accepted here?

by Anonymousreply 305August 20, 2020 6:26 PM

Yeah the,he's so desperate to remain closeted yet he shades the ex wife on social media, sends obvious clothing clues to fans and calls his lover out in public are contradictions. But the BARFs don't care. Most are employed by Hammer's PR team to keep his Charmies promoting him and hating on Timothee. They don't need to be credible. The real BARFs aren't a clever bunch .

by Anonymousreply 306August 20, 2020 8:11 PM

R304 Goddamn fuck he is beautiful. Not quite a lookalike but gorgeous in his own right

by Anonymousreply 307August 20, 2020 9:11 PM

Filming him and taking pics despite him saying he is not feeling well, so rude

He should have ignored them already just for the fact they were stalking him outside his hotel. He is too nice to those crazies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 20, 2020 10:37 PM

Ugh, he really shouldn't indulge them. And of course the stupid bitch posted a photo of the outside of his hotel so other stalkers can work out which one it is.

This fan service bullshit he does makes him seem more like a middling tween popstar than a serious actor. He should be above having to do this kind of shit, makes him seem insecure.

by Anonymousreply 309August 20, 2020 11:06 PM

[quote]This fan service bullshit he does makes him seem more like a middling tween popstar than a serious actor. He should be above having to do this kind of shit, makes him seem insecure.

I couldn’t agree more, he doesn’t need to do that. I wonder if he is just too kind or if he’s insecure as you said. He actually said no to them at first but felt bad and went back immediately.

The name of the hotel is already known, a fan had tagged it in an IG story, I think that’s why so many have met him lately

by Anonymousreply 310August 21, 2020 8:52 AM

R310 he's just trying to be sweet and accommodating. It's his nature. That's why he's so popular with fans.

by Anonymousreply 311August 21, 2020 5:11 PM

You have to draw limits, though. People waiting outside hotels and at airports should be where you start. His permissiveness over this kind of stuff just leads to them being more obsessive and entitled.

It's quite something when the Stranger Things kids have a more balanced and mature approach to this kind of stuff than Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 312August 21, 2020 7:53 PM

It's unfair to label him immature because he's so accommodating to fans. He would probably be misjudged as insecure of he refused them - "who does he think he is to refuse fans, he's so stuck up now, he doesn't care about his fans, blah blah blah". He's damned if he accommodates fans and damned if he doesn't.

That doesn't mean that I disagree that he needs to place limits. For his safety, he's entitled to set those limits. I just don't agree that it's a lack of maturity, I think he genuinely enjoys meeting and talking to fans. He'll figure it out as he goes along.

by Anonymousreply 313August 21, 2020 9:03 PM

[quote]I just don't agree that it's a lack of maturity, I think he genuinely enjoys meeting and talking to fans

I didn't say he lacked maturity, nor did I call him immature, I said the ST kids have a more mature approach. And in this case, he obviously didn't enjoy it because he tried to avoid it, yet went back out to do it anyway. It just reminds me of Shawn Mendes with his 'never say no to a selfie' rule.

I also don't think he'd be damned if he did apply a 'no hotels or airports' type rule - most people would support him on that one. It's just the entitled fangirls who'd whine, but they won't go away.

by Anonymousreply 314August 21, 2020 10:50 PM

According to a poster on Reddit the trailer is 45 seconds long and doesn't show much. So sounds more like a teaser, meaning I'm guessing the release is being pushed further back.

by Anonymousreply 315August 21, 2020 10:57 PM

R313, the excuse Tim gave to a group of fans who 'accosted' him in Budapest was that he had stomach ache. It could well be true. I'd imagine he's scared shitless, with his future career riding on this project; he doesn't want to rock the boat. All of the pressure he's under may be affecting him more than expected.

by Anonymousreply 316August 23, 2020 9:43 PM

Blah, blah, blah Eiza; blah blah blah, Armie; blah blah blah Lily...

People just don't want to see what is staring them in the face. Only, he's waiting for her to drop the bf and they'll end up together.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317August 25, 2020 6:41 PM

2 beautiful ladies.

by Anonymousreply 318August 25, 2020 9:39 PM

r317 Write that fanfic!

by Anonymousreply 319August 25, 2020 9:40 PM

R317

Good luck Timmy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320August 26, 2020 2:29 PM

In your dreams Timmy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321August 26, 2020 3:18 PM

Timmy is on the cover of Empire, and he looks beauteous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322August 28, 2020 6:40 PM

He does indeed.....(sigh)

by Anonymousreply 323August 29, 2020 1:09 AM

[quote]he looks beauteous

anemic & manorexic

by Anonymousreply 324August 29, 2020 3:10 PM

He looks hot af in those pics from the Dune teaser! The things I'd do to him I can't even say here. I seriously hope Dune comes out in Dec like it's supposed to. I feel like we've been waiting forever for it.

by Anonymousreply 325August 29, 2020 3:27 PM

I don't care as much about Dune, although will probably check it out out of curiosity. I'm more interested in what progress Luca has made on the CMBYN sequel. He had a trip to meet with a writer covid-canceled. I assume they have been meeting virtually.

by Anonymousreply 326August 29, 2020 3:48 PM

R326, you charmies just don't give up do you? That sequel ain't happening. LOL!

by Anonymousreply 327August 29, 2020 9:04 PM

The teaser is already out. Cinemas should give pillow+ blanket with the tickets because it looks like this is gonna be a long, slow paced and boring movie.All I see is a bunch of depressed looking people looking at the horizont . And judging by that close up of his face, Timothee is already losing his looks, he looks ugly. Nice hair though. And excellent cinematography.

by Anonymousreply 328August 30, 2020 1:58 PM

R328, yeah, better steer clear from what will turn into the next biggest hit of 2021; you wouldn't understand it anyway.

by Anonymousreply 329August 31, 2020 1:48 AM

Tim and Zendaya

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330August 31, 2020 2:38 PM

r330 He looks hot.

by Anonymousreply 331September 1, 2020 1:05 AM

r327 Yes it is!!! Please, I couldn't be further from a "Charmie" (eek). I'm just a fan of CMBYN the movie.

by Anonymousreply 332September 1, 2020 1:07 AM

Is Zendaya a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 333September 1, 2020 1:07 AM

r330 i mean this as a compliment, but Timo looks like a young Charlie Chaplin in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 334September 1, 2020 2:56 AM

r334

Funnily enough, I was reminded of Chaplin when I saw this gif:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335September 1, 2020 3:05 AM

R332 Yeah me too, I'll get my ass into the movies for it, I never bothered with the original CMBYN saw it on DVD years later.

Dont mind if I get called a fuckin "Charmie" I ran right outta fucks to give years ago

by Anonymousreply 336September 1, 2020 11:26 AM

R332 Yeah me too, I'll get my ass into the movies for it, I never bothered with the original CMBYN saw it on DVD years later.

Dont mind if I get called a fuckin "Charmie" I ran right outta fucks to give years ago

by Anonymousreply 337September 1, 2020 11:26 AM

EXCITMENT BUILDING

by Anonymousreply 338September 8, 2020 5:06 PM

"Annie" (1982) - Tomorrow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339September 8, 2020 5:55 PM

Can't wait!

Is Timmy ever going to acknowledge that poor Xavier Dolan? I think he's been courting Timmy since early CMBYN days. Only Giullian beats him in terms of dedication commenting all his posts

by Anonymousreply 340September 8, 2020 8:36 PM

r340 Timmy's acknowledged him many times.

by Anonymousreply 341September 9, 2020 5:09 AM

DUNE trailer coming soon!

by Anonymousreply 342September 9, 2020 1:10 PM

R341 oh I didn’t know. Just out of curiosity, when/where?

by Anonymousreply 343September 9, 2020 2:10 PM

New stills!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 9, 2020 2:56 PM

The trailer is here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345September 9, 2020 5:14 PM

Dune Official Trailer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346September 9, 2020 5:33 PM

Spectacular, this is gonna be worth the wait!

Loved the interview too, Timmy was fucking gorgeous, all smiles and giggles. You can really feel his excitement

The promo is gonna be fun to watch, even if in such a cast Timmy, although being the lead is clearly not going to be the center of that

by Anonymousreply 347September 9, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote] Timmy was fucking gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 348September 9, 2020 5:56 PM

He can really be strikingly beautiful sometimes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 349September 9, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote] He can really be strikingly beautiful always

There, I fixed it for you

by Anonymousreply 350September 9, 2020 6:36 PM

The newly released DUNE trailer reveals a potentially great movie, and, with it's strong focus on Chalamet's role, as he is the protagonist of the film, I hope that the actual movie carries through on the trailer's theme. There's an ensemble cast, and they could easily dilute his character's prominence whereby his scenes are weakened by a barrage of supporting actors, which would be a shame, as I think he has enormous possibilities as an actor that have yet to shine in full light in a major big budget movie.

This is what happened with The King, where Timmy was central to the film, but there were several extended scenes where Ben Mendelsohn, Joel Edgerton and others had extensive dialog, and Chalamet did not, which I thought suppressed his potential to dominate a film as a dynamic leading actor.

by Anonymousreply 351September 9, 2020 7:23 PM

Tim is warning Zendaya, there's camera there...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 9, 2020 8:33 PM

r343 Timmy shouted him out (among others) in some acceptance speech during the CMBYN cycle, as part of the industry "new generation." I can't remember what award, he got so many. He also mentioned him in a CMBYN screening Q&A... Both can be found on Youtube. There are likely others, but that's all I can remember off the top of my head. All the CMBYN related clips I watched in 2018 kinda run together now.

He was also interviewed by Dolan during that time for a VMAN article (linked below). That one was easy to find.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353September 9, 2020 8:51 PM

2022 Oscar for Timmy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354December 31, 2020 12:00 PM

poor wittle timmy

by Anonymousreply 355January 1, 2021 5:20 AM

Oscar this year will go to Chadwick Boseman.

2022 is a better shot for Monsieur Timmie.

by Anonymousreply 356January 5, 2021 5:04 PM

He deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 357October 13, 2021 9:40 PM

"Frank Herbert’s seminal sci-fi novel “Dune” may have been written more than 50 years ago, but the book’s legacy lives on — particularly in the pop culture world. References to young Paul Atreides’ epic, coming-of-age story have popped up everywhere from “Star Wars” and “Star Trek” to “Beetlejuice” and “The Simpsons.” The “Dune” line, “Fear is the mind-killer,” has made its way into comedies like “Chuck” or “Wilfred,” and even “SpongeBob Squarepants” incorporated a sand worm into its animated universe.

As a newest interpretation of “Dune,” from Oscar-nominated filmmaker Denis Villeneuve (who’s been dreamed of adapting the novel since he was a teenager), makes its way into theaters and onto HBO Max on Oct. 22, Variety asked Villeneuve and the cast, including Rebecca Ferguson and Sharon Duncan-Brewster, which pop culture reference are their favorites.

“I always forget that these interviews go everywhere, so the creators of ‘Halo’ or ‘Gears of War’ could call me on this and say that I’m wrong,” Chalamet mused. “But those are two video games I grew up on that I do think have a sort of dystopic future and end-days… I’d be curious if they were directly inspired by ‘Dune.’”

Of course, the most closely “Dune”-associated sci-fi property is “Star Wars,” where creator George Lucas was heavily inspired by Herbert’s mythology, Villeneuve notes. Oscar Isaac, who took on the role of Resistance pilot Poe Dameron in the sequel trilogy, was quick to name the series set “a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away” as his favorite “Dune”-inspired project.

“I mean, c’mon, if anyone’s allowed to, I can say it,” Isaac quipped.

Watch the full interview above for more about how the actors and Villeneuve conquered their own fears of tackling a project that’d been called practically “un-filmable.”...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358October 14, 2021 7:57 AM

SO SICK of the Timotay fans. please stop, you're embarrassing yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 359October 14, 2021 8:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!