Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My best friend's parents wrote "Afternoon Delight."

Starlight Vocal Band are her parents. She's a good kid. One of my best friends in Hollywood. What do you guys think of that song? Since knowing my friend, I've realized t's such a major classic.

by Anonymousreply 127August 1, 2020 4:22 PM

Yesterday

Where the Streets Have No Name

Stairway to Heaven

Afternoon Delight

Space Oddity

London Calling

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 4:33 AM

I hated that song OP. When it came on the radio I turned it off. I once heard one of the band members interviewed and she said it was her least favorite song on the album. Years back I was watching some game show and there was a young female contestant who said her parents wrote Afternoon Delight. Was that your friend.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 4:37 AM

The song was a cheesy joke at the time and it was the kind of cheese that doesn't age well. Everyone made fun of it.

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 4:41 AM

Yes, OP, it's not a major classic, more like a "classic" of 70s super-cheese.

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 4:45 AM

Its super cheese for sure, made popular again by Will Farrell. But I love my friend. And it for sure is nothing to sniff at. Huge cultural hit. They also co-wrote John Denver's "Rocky Mountain High." My friend's mom has COPD now and is dying. She's a wonderful lady. Toffy. It's just weird how life works.

by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 4:53 AM

The most Caucasian beat I’ve ever heard - polka sounds like hip hop in comparison. Didn't they have a TV show featuring David Letterman?

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 4:57 AM

That song hit #1 the week I was born, and my mother noted that in my baby book.

My parents bought the 45, and when I played it later on I was skeeved out.

This video reveals there was an attempt to make Starland Vocal Band an American ABBA. Unfortunately, they didn't have any other songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 5:06 AM

The secondary male was a hot twink.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 5:12 AM

I posted about In the summertime by mongo jerry (sp?) being one of the biggest selling songs ever. So really whats the difference? My generation had i’m too sexy

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote] Its super cheese for sure, made popular again by Will Farrell. But I love my friend.

Well, good, OP. It would be silly to stop loving your friend because her parents wrote a cheesy song. I kinda want to kill you for getting that song stuck in my head, though.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 5:20 AM

Perverts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 5:23 AM

It is a classic, one of the biggest hits of the '70s and a true cultural reference point.

No one's going to argue it's an artistic high point of the decade, but it was a sensation in '76 that sold a kajillion copies.

It seems like there was a whole genre of music in the '70s meant to be played while you fucked in the back of your shag-carpeted van. I would place the early Heart records in this category.

OP, do you have any idea how much money your friend's parents made from that song? What did they do after their stardom faded?

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 5:23 AM

Did the copd cause taffy to become toffy?

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 5:25 AM

"Afternoon Delight" always reminds me of the Luv-ahs from Saturday Night Live. Those two would have loved that song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 5:28 AM

OP here. I am not sure about their financial fortunes. Dad (Bob) and the mom are divorced. The dad has a humble shack in Otis, MA. I've met him, he's very very sweet. My friend's mom (Taffy) lives in DC. The other sister seems spoiled rotten and on drugs. The younger half-brother was on the Voice and got pretty far. My friend is a script supervisor in LA. The family seems dysfunctional but not horribly so. They don't seem wealthy. They are humble.

by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 5:31 AM

I used to listen to American Top 40 every weekend when I was a kid in the mid-70s, and even then I put Afternoon Delight in the same league of cheese as Run Joey Run, Sky High, and Muskrat Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 5:32 AM

It’s filth. Filth! They’re talking about sex. Daylight sex. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 5:38 AM

There was no Bob. It was Bill Danoff. Are you sure you have the right family, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2020 5:38 AM

R7 American ABBA!?! Eat shit!!!

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2020 5:41 AM

It seems cheesy now, and it was cheesy then, but it was also quite subversive for a #1 song to be all about fucking and coming ("sky rockets in flight").

And there was talent there: The playing and harmonizing were very good.

They were not well packaged. But I'm not sure how they could have been — there wasn't really a place for a new Mamas & the Papas in 1976, with New Wave coming in and Fleetwood Mac dominating AOR just months later.

by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2020 5:43 AM

Oh Bjorn/R19, look at the profile shots. They totally ripped off your videos.

There was a difference: You did get the sense they actually fucked each other.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2020 5:44 AM

Good kid? The song was released in 1977. Are you sure they're not her grandparents?

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2020 5:45 AM

Wow - BF was in the news a few years back, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2020 6:04 AM

It was a dirty song about sex.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote]On July 4, 1976 it was featured as the theme song for CBS's all day Bicentennial coverage hosted by Dan Rather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2020 6:08 AM

I loved it as a kid, I didn't know it had sexual connotations until I was older. I still think it's catchy.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2020 6:20 AM

R23 Yes! That's my friend! She stood up for Johnny. She wouldn't lie, she's a wonderful person. Totally legit.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2020 6:38 AM

R18 Sorry it is Bill, not Bob. I'm tipsy. He's super nice and a good person. I misspoke.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2020 6:40 AM

I’m sorry to hear your friend’s mom is dying of COVID, OP. It has not made the news yet, and is quite a shock.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2020 6:40 AM

The half-brother is quite cute.

I wonder what it's like to get "the talk" from a father who's famous for writing a #1 song about fucking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2020 6:45 AM

R29 No it's COPD, probably from smoking her whole life. But you are a very nice person and I love you . It's been rough and sad. Taffy (her mom) moved to Florida to retire, and convalesce. And my friend can't see her mom very much, cuz if you peace-out on your script-supervising job in Hollywood, you will lose your spot and start from the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2020 6:46 AM

Did Taffy and Margot ever do the lez-lez?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2020 6:50 AM

R 32 Nope

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2020 6:52 AM

[quote]No it's COPD

Oops - my bad. Still, that’s terrible to hear, and I wish her and your friend the best. It sucks that she can’t take leave to see her mom.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2020 7:01 AM

Also covered by country singer Johnny Carver:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2020 7:13 AM

[quote]Starlight Vocal Band

Oh, dear.

The ultimate "one-hit wonders," yet CBS gave them their own TV series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2020 6:28 PM

OK - David Letterman DID write and perform bits on that show. It’s not an acid flashback:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2020 8:09 PM

Nice harmonies though.....

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2020 11:10 PM

So you get the name of the band wrong, as well as the name of both parents in the band, yet this person is your best friend? Well, that's a real noggin scratcher.

by Anonymousreply 39July 20, 2020 12:05 AM

Wow, you should take your investigative skills into private practice, Jessica Fletcher/R39.

by Anonymousreply 40July 20, 2020 12:17 AM

Rubbin' sticks n stones together makin' sparks ignite!

by Anonymousreply 41July 20, 2020 12:21 AM

At least your friend’s father didn’t write “You Light Up My Life.” That guy was a real asshole.

by Anonymousreply 42July 20, 2020 12:26 AM

If you take your sarcasm detection skills anywhere anytime soon, R40, they certainly won't weigh you down.

by Anonymousreply 43July 20, 2020 12:32 AM

I HATED that song. It was so corny.

The only other song from that era that irritated me that much was "Midnight at the Oasis."

by Anonymousreply 44July 20, 2020 12:35 AM

Starland won the 1976 Grammy for best new artist. OP, where does Toffy keep her Grammy? Find out, ok?

by Anonymousreply 45July 20, 2020 12:35 AM

The younger guy aged pretty well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46July 20, 2020 12:39 AM

Oh my G-d, it IS dirty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 20, 2020 12:46 AM

I remember an interview where they said that sometimes they were told to change one of the lyrics. Sometimes it's "And the thought of loving you is getting so exciting", and sometimes it's "And the thought of rubbing you is getting so exciting".

Sorry to hear about Taffy's COPD. My Dad had that.

by Anonymousreply 48July 20, 2020 1:34 AM

Well, it was no "Almost heaven, West Virginia..."

by Anonymousreply 49July 20, 2020 1:40 AM

Um. Not sure about you, OP. Bill Danoff and Taffy Nivert co-wrote Country Roads with John Denver, not Rocky Mountain High.

by Anonymousreply 50July 20, 2020 5:09 AM

R47: It talks about all the things I want to do to him.

by Anonymousreply 51July 20, 2020 5:12 AM

The Washington Post did an oral history of the song a while ago. It's pretty entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52July 20, 2020 6:00 AM

I like taffy Davenport better.

by Anonymousreply 53July 20, 2020 6:04 AM

Then why'd you kill her after you cut off my hand, Dawn Pig-pork?

by Anonymousreply 54July 20, 2020 6:08 AM

It was released April 1976. I lived in Potomac MD at the time I was 10 and one of my neighborhood friends parent did some kind of work for this group and they had the record which is how I heard it.

by Anonymousreply 55July 20, 2020 6:26 AM

OP, Love Country Roads. Sang it at camp, especially on the hiking trail.

Didn't quite understand what ALL of the words meant in "Afternoon Delight." Luckily my ultra-Conservative mother didn't either otherwise it would be no more radio listening time.

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2020 6:57 AM

Looks like there was *some* critical acclaim:

[quote]At the 19th Grammy Awards ceremony in 1977, "Afternoon Delight" received three nominations for recordings from 1976. It won the Grammy Award for Best Arrangement for Voices and was also nominated for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals and Song of the Year.

[quote]In 2010 Billboard named "Afternoon Delight" the 20th sexiest song of all time

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2020 7:33 AM

It gave Emma Pillbury and the celibacy club one of their best numbers even if it earned them scorn from Goop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2020 8:03 AM

OP has gotten every single fact about Afternoon Delight and its writers wrong. Do we believe him?

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2020 8:07 AM

It reminds me of fun and free part of my life as a teen, so I love the song.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2020 8:08 AM

R52 Paywall

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2020 8:19 AM

I love Otis MA, OP.

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2020 8:21 AM

Bill Danoff and Emmylou Harris wrote "Boulder To Birmingham," Harris' devastating ode to her doomed boyfriend, Gram Parsons.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2020 8:35 AM

I remember driving with my mom and this song came on. Awkward silence.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2020 8:55 AM

I thought it was about a visit from the ice cream truck. "Skyrockets in flight" = bomb pops.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2020 5:11 PM

OP, I want to hear some John Denver gossip!

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2020 6:47 PM

Once, John Denver took my ice cubes without permission, but he refilled the tray with and put it back in the freezer. With mountain spring water.

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2020 9:18 PM

Did he give you a box of Post Raisin Bran, too, R67?

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2020 9:27 PM

R68 How did you know? I detest raisins, so I picked them out and gave them to my dog, who got sick from the toxins in the grapes. And there was no toy in the cereal box either. JD was a MONSTER.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2020 9:57 PM

Classic P. O. S.

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2020 10:30 PM

As teenagers back then we all made fun of the song, which was on the radio nonstop for a while. Today I admire the gorgeous harmonies. Tell your friend's parents hi and thanks for the memories!

by Anonymousreply 71July 20, 2020 10:59 PM

Love the song. Its part of my childhood.

Was way too young when it came out to understand the subtext of the song. I just thought it was about skyrockets and fish that could't be caught and rubbing sticks and stones together until the sparks ignite.

Was much later that I finally understood all the subtext. Now, when I hear the song, it reminds me of a much more innocent time.

by Anonymousreply 72July 20, 2020 11:49 PM

[quote]Sorry to hear about Taffy's COPD.

I'm sorry she's gonna have the name Taffy on her headstone.

by Anonymousreply 73July 20, 2020 11:57 PM

The song is like thinking about your parents or Ozzie and Harriet having sex. Just ICK!

by Anonymousreply 74July 21, 2020 2:03 AM

[quote] The song is like thinking about your parents or Ozzie and Harriet having sex. Just ICK!

How else do you think Ricky and David happened?

by Anonymousreply 75July 21, 2020 2:08 AM

I remember when Afternoon Delight came out. All the kids sung it, be we know idea what it meant

by Anonymousreply 76July 21, 2020 3:07 AM

You should be ashamed to bring up your personal connection to this drek. It's something to be laughed at, not venerated. It was part of the stake that was driven into the heart of Top 40 AM radio.

by Anonymousreply 77July 21, 2020 3:12 AM

But what about the Grammy? Where exactly is it? Attic or mantle??!

by Anonymousreply 78July 21, 2020 3:47 AM

If I wrote a song that millions of people remembered 40 years later I would be very happy.

by Anonymousreply 79July 21, 2020 3:53 AM

Like many of you, this brings me back. I also had no idea what the skyrocket line meant. When I finally wised up to it, I realized the same was probably true for the fireworks at the beginning of "Love, American-Style."

This was the summer of the Bicentennial. Seems like a zillion years ago.

by Anonymousreply 80July 21, 2020 3:23 PM

1970s Grammy best new artists: The Carpenters, Carly Simon, America, Bette Midler, Marvin Hamlisch, Natalie Cole, Starland Vocal Band, Debby Boone, A Taste of Honey, Ricki Lee Jones.

by Anonymousreply 81July 21, 2020 4:42 PM

I was in first or second grade when this was popular, and I remember a group of older girls doing a baton/dance routine to this in the school talent show. Of course we all had no idea this song was about FUCKING, but surely the teachers did???

r63, "Boulder to Birmingham" is indeed devastating. A classic.

by Anonymousreply 82July 21, 2020 5:26 PM

Well, OP....I guess someone had to write it.

by Anonymousreply 83July 21, 2020 7:04 PM

Hi Op here. It's all true. Unfortunately I was heavily intoxicated when I started this thread. Probably wouldn't have started such a random thread if I'd been in my sober mind. But it's true, I do know these people, and I am telepathically apologizing to my friend right now for using her and her family as fodder for a random late night drunken post.

by Anonymousreply 84July 26, 2020 9:54 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't "Afternoon Delight" at one time the song being played over the closing credits of "Good Will Hunting?" Do I not remember humming to it as the birthday car was driving to California along that endless highway?

I saw the movie again and was surprised to hear a completely different song playing in the final scene.

by Anonymousreply 85July 26, 2020 10:47 AM

[quote] Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't "Afternoon Delight" at one time the song being played over the closing credits of "Good Will Hunting?"

I don’t remember but that sounds improbable.

by Anonymousreply 86July 26, 2020 10:51 AM

That part when they go, "aaah ahhh ahhh aaaaaffff..." reminds me of my sister wailing after she stubbed her toe.

by Anonymousreply 87July 26, 2020 10:59 AM

[quote]Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't "Afternoon Delight" at one time the song being played over the closing credits of "Good Will Hunting?" Do I not remember humming to it as the birthday car was driving to California along that endless highway? I saw the movie again and was surprised to hear a completely different song playing in the final scene.

The end credits play a different song first, r85, but if you start this clip at around 1:05, you'll hear the Starland Band excrescence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 26, 2020 11:05 AM

Yes, Afternoon Delight plays over the end credits of Good Will Hunting!

But it doesn't play at the start of the end credits. The song at start is an original song called "Miss Misery." It's a pretty forgettable song, but it did get an Oscar nomination for original song.

When that song ends, Afternoon Delight plays. That's a very appropriate song because at the film's end Matt Damon's character goes off in search of his girl, Skylar (Minnie Driver) and the opening line of Afternoon Delight is "Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight."

In the video below, Afternoon Delight starts at 1:45.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2020 11:09 AM

[quote]The only other song from that era that irritated me that much was "Midnight at the Oasis."

R44 I loved that song! I thought it was very sexy and cool. Now I can't remember who sang it or any of the words other than something about putting a camel to bed!

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2020 11:40 AM

I love that song for the harmonies. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2020 12:40 PM

R90, "Midnight at the Oasis" is by Maria Muldaur. It was very popular during Watergate and reminds me of cruising the block in Georgetown, which some would refer to as "the oasis" as the clock struck twelve, during that era.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 26, 2020 12:42 PM

I was a small country boy and I knew what it was about.

by Anonymousreply 93July 26, 2020 12:59 PM

It's funny, for better or worse back in those days we sort of *knew* what things were about, but didn't openly acknowledge or talk about them that much. I guess social media ushered in this thing of analyzing everything to death.

by Anonymousreply 94July 26, 2020 1:35 PM

Not to derail the thread here, but "Midnight At The Oasis" speaks of camels, sultans, harems, belly dancers, etc., which means it's set in the Middle East, right?

And yet there's that weird line about, "Come on, the CACTUS is our friend, he'll point out the way . . ."

No cacti in the Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 95July 26, 2020 2:28 PM

Wasn’t the Oasis a big gay or swingers club at the time?

by Anonymousreply 96July 26, 2020 2:37 PM

R92 Thank you for the link and R95 thanks for the comment. Now that I've listened to it again, it still sounds sultry but I don't know why I was so enthralled by it at the time. Not so much now.

by Anonymousreply 97July 26, 2020 2:38 PM

OP, they should not be allowed to live.

by Anonymousreply 98July 26, 2020 3:14 PM

Maria Muldaur sounds as if someone is shaking her out of a stupor.

by Anonymousreply 99July 26, 2020 3:23 PM

[quote] It’s filth. Filth! They’re talking about sex. Daylight sex. Disgusting.

The maiden aunt brigade is here.

Can you imagine? Daylight sex! With the lights on!

by Anonymousreply 100July 26, 2020 3:25 PM

[quote] It was very popular during Watergate and reminds me of cruising the block in Georgetown, which some would refer to as "the oasis" as the clock struck twelve, during that era.

So was "put your camel to bed" a euphemism for ass fucking?

by Anonymousreply 101July 26, 2020 3:26 PM

OP, I believe you. I don't know who these posters are who accuse others of making up stories about incidents with the nearly-and/or once famous. Who is going to make up a story about a tangential connection to the Starland Vocal Band? It is quite random which gives credence to the veracity of your story. Your foggy recollection of the details is to be expected as well - I am guessing you may not have been born or were a toddler when the song was released. If I recall correctly Starland may have been the name of a defunct local DC-area venue where the group got their start. As another poster said above, even as a kid I knew It was a cheesy song but it's nice to know your friend is doing well. Sorry to hear about her mom and wishing her well.

by Anonymousreply 102July 26, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote} And yet there's that weird line about, "Come on, the CACTUS is our friend, he'll point out the way . . ."No cacti in the Middle East

Somehow I doubt that the author of "Midnight at the Oasis" put a lot of research into the effort.

by Anonymousreply 103July 26, 2020 5:39 PM

My favorite line from Midnight at the Oasis is "you won't need no camel when I take you for a ride "

As far as Taffy, I heard Country Roads by John Denver this weekend on Sirius/XM and Taffy is all over that song harmonizing with Denver.

by Anonymousreply 104July 26, 2020 5:57 PM

No cacti in the Middle East? Are you sure? I'm sure I saw cacti-looking, prickly thingies while hiking in Israel and Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 105July 26, 2020 10:37 PM

Bitch, so what, tell him we had a summer replacement variety series for 19 seconds in the '70s, too!

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2020 2:10 AM

Rock the Boat by the Hues Corporation was much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2020 2:19 AM

Rock the B oat was annoying. The kind of dull, repetitive drivel that helped sink disco.

by Anonymousreply 108July 27, 2020 2:51 AM

I remember lighting up a joint listening to Afternoon Delight on the way to the beach in the summer of 1976. She must be very rich on royalities.

by Anonymousreply 109July 27, 2020 2:55 AM

I knew it was 76. Bicentennial beach trip to the outer banks in a wood paneled station wagon with back benches up full of kids, and going over the bride at Mann's Harbour.

by Anonymousreply 110July 27, 2020 3:04 AM

R110, you went over a bride? How awkward and how Frau of you!

by Anonymousreply 111July 27, 2020 3:06 AM

In Good Will Hunting, Will sang it to the psychiatrist he was faking out. 3:15.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 27, 2020 4:21 AM

r106 Pink Lady and Jeff wasn't a summer replacement series.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2020 11:03 PM

The original title was "Lunchtime Anal" but the label watered it down.

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2020 11:07 PM

Do not disparage Rock the Boat! It's a stone-cold classic, widely considered to be either the first legit disco song or the first disco song to hit #1.

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2020 11:13 PM

R115: that would actually be "Love's Theme" by Love Unlimited Orchestra. But "Rock the Boat" was no more repetitive than any other pop songs of 1974.

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2020 3:38 PM

"Rack own witch-o bed's elf!"

by Anonymousreply 117July 29, 2020 5:39 AM

I guess I'm not going to get my John Denver gossip.

by Anonymousreply 118July 31, 2020 6:53 PM

John Denver and i went to the same high school.

by Anonymousreply 119July 31, 2020 6:54 PM

I heard this timeless classic yesterday on the Music Choice Soft Rock station. I thought of OP.

by Anonymousreply 120July 31, 2020 7:07 PM

I can take or leave Afternoon Delight, but SVB's vocal arrangement of Paul Simon's American Tune on the same album is amazing. I believe Paul Simon thought so, too.

by Anonymousreply 121July 31, 2020 7:07 PM

[quote]Who is going to make up a story about a tangential connection to the Starland Vocal Band?

Someone who claims in their OP that the Starland Vocal Band is the "Starlight Vocal Band," that's who.

by Anonymousreply 122July 31, 2020 7:11 PM

Washington DC native here. That stupid song was on the radio constantly, since the band was based there.

But going to summer camp in West Virginia the year that John Denver song came out was, if anything, even worse.

by Anonymousreply 123July 31, 2020 7:12 PM

So OP's friend was conceived when the sun was still out?

by Anonymousreply 124July 31, 2020 7:18 PM

R119, what was he like?

by Anonymousreply 125July 31, 2020 9:10 PM

I always thought it was Starlight Vocal Band, too. I think I like that name better.

by Anonymousreply 126July 31, 2020 9:26 PM

R117: that was the refrain at the end of the song

by Anonymousreply 127August 1, 2020 4:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!