Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

3 friends on fishing trip killed in 'massacre,' Florida sheriff says

FROSTPROOF, Fla. – Three Florida men were fatally beaten and shot while on their way to fish in a remote area late Friday night, according to Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

During a media briefing near the scene on Lake Streety Road on Saturday morning, Judd identified the victims as Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins, 27. The three men had been friends for years, Judd said, adding the families of the victims gave police permission to release their names.

Judd, who has worked at the department since 1972, described the killings as a “massacre.”

“This is a horrific scene,” Judd said Saturday. “I’ve been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks among the worst.”

Upon arriving at the scene, Rollins’ found his son barely alive and his two friends both dead.

Judd said Rollins was able to say a few things to his dad before he died, which the sheriff’s office didn’t release at the morning briefing.

Judd said it appeared that Tillman arrived first in his red pickup truck, and that while he was being killed, Rollins and Springfield arrived in a white pickup truck and also were shot.

“In Brandon’s father’s excitement to run to help his son, he forgot his cellphone at home. So now he is out in the middle, as you can see, of no place without any communication,” Judd said. The father drove back to the nearest convenience store to call 911 and said “my son needs help.”

A 17-year-old girl, the daughter of the convenience store’s owner, jumped into Rollins’ father's vehicle and the two drove back to Lake Streety Road, Judd said.

By the time authorities arrived, Rollins had died of his injuries.

“These folks appear to be beaten and shot. ... We are seeking leads, we need help so we can solve this crime sooner rather than later,” Judd said.

He did not say whether authorities have identified any suspects, but noted that his department is offering a $5,000 for any information leading to the capture of the killers. He said investigators believe more than one person was involved in the slayings.

Describing the “quiet, quaint” community surrounded by groves, forest and cattle ranches, Judd said the scene area was “about as far out in the woods as you can get.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587August 24, 2020 3:10 AM

Florida.

by Anonymousreply 1July 19, 2020 3:40 AM

Sounds like a half-assed Deliverance cosplay.

by Anonymousreply 2July 19, 2020 3:43 AM

But were the victims good looking?

by Anonymousreply 3July 19, 2020 3:44 AM

I would NEVER live in Florida!

by Anonymousreply 4July 19, 2020 3:45 AM

Sounds horrific!

According to PCSO, Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30 and Brandon Rollins, 27 were beaten and shot as they met up to go fishing around 10 p.m. on Lake Streety near US 27.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Tillman showed up to the lake first and was killed. Rollins and Springfield arrived together a short time later and were shot.

Rollins was able to call his father and said, “Help”. His father knew his son had gone fishing and immediately headed to Lake Streety.

Deputies said when he arrived, he found his son barely alive, and his two friends dead. PCSO said Rollins was able to say a few things to his father, but details about their conversation is not being released.

According to PCSO, Rollins’ dad left his home so fast, he forgot his cellphone. He drove to the nearest gas station to call 911.

When first responders arrived, all three men were dead. They appear to have been beaten and shot, according to PCSO.

According to the families, the three men have been best friends for years and were fishing Friday night (on land, not in a boat).

Sheriff Judd said, “I’ve been to a lot of murder scenes, but this is one of the worst I’ve ever seen.”

Judd said there is a $5,000 reward being offered for information that leads to an arrest in this case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 19, 2020 3:49 AM

[quote[ but details about their conversation is not being released.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 6July 19, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote] but details about their conversation is not being released.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 7July 19, 2020 3:53 AM

[quote] Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30

Were they African American?

Only reason I ask is because of the spelling of their names.

Is that why photos of the men haven't been released? Maybe the cops don't want to start a riot.

Think about it: three African Americans brutally murdered in a remote part of back woods Florida?

They need to release photos of the victims.

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 3:57 AM

[quote]Is that why photos of the men haven't been released? Maybe the cops don't want to start a riot.

Do you not know how Google works? The three are white.

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 4:00 AM

I tried searching R9, but couldn't find even one picture.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 4:02 AM

They were white

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 4:03 AM

3 friends on fisting trip killed in 'massacre,' Florida sheriff says

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 4:04 AM

Deliverance come to life.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 4:04 AM

Thanks, R11.

This story is very mysterious and terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 14July 19, 2020 4:05 AM

I don't know how reliable this photo still is, but this is the image that showed up of the [possible] victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 19, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote] I don't know how reliable this photo still is, but this is the image that showed up of the [possible] victims.

Us iz ded.

by Anonymousreply 16July 19, 2020 4:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 19, 2020 4:12 AM

My God, they all look like the banjo playing inbred.

by Anonymousreply 18July 19, 2020 4:13 AM

Hmm i'm guessing whoever killed them knew them. Did they pay their meth bill?

by Anonymousreply 19July 19, 2020 4:15 AM

R18, how dare you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20July 19, 2020 4:15 AM

Probably not fishing. Probably a meth or oxy deal gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 21July 19, 2020 4:16 AM

R19, I think drugs, too.

by Anonymousreply 22July 19, 2020 4:16 AM

Why didn't the father call 9-1-1 before leaving home? His son calls, "I've been shot, he's beating, he's killing us" and Dad decides to check out the scene first?

by Anonymousreply 23July 19, 2020 4:20 AM

[quote] Why didn't the father call 9-1-1 before leaving home? His son calls, "I've been shot, he's beating, he's killing us" and Dad decides to check out the scene first?

Deplorables aren't very smart, R23.

by Anonymousreply 24July 19, 2020 4:22 AM

“Frostproof, Florida.”

by Anonymousreply 25July 19, 2020 4:26 AM

Why did the father not use his son's phone to call for help at the scene? Alternatively, why did he not take his dying son to a hospital? Why leave the scene and leave the son to die alone? Even a locked phone could be used to call 911. Why would a young girl leave a store and go to a scene of a brutal mass killing with a stranger? Lots does not add up about this.

by Anonymousreply 26July 19, 2020 4:26 AM

WTF Florida, has everyone there gone mad and fuck’n lost their minds.

by Anonymousreply 27July 19, 2020 4:31 AM

I’m curious about the father who came upon the scene, then left to call 911 since he had forgotten his phone. Maybe he did it.

by Anonymousreply 28July 19, 2020 4:48 AM

Hillbilly love triangle.

by Anonymousreply 29July 19, 2020 4:50 AM

Drug deal gone bad. Could it get more obvious?

by Anonymousreply 30July 19, 2020 4:53 AM

Father definitely did it.

DL HAS CALLED IT

by Anonymousreply 31July 19, 2020 4:53 AM

Who goes fishing at 10 pm?

by Anonymousreply 32July 19, 2020 4:58 AM

[quote]A 17-year-old girl, the daughter of the convenience store’s owner, jumped into Rollins’ father's vehicle and the two drove back to Lake Streety Road,

WTF? These people must all be on drugs

Her parent(s) let her go alone, with an adult male, to the scene of a triple homicide? What is she going to do? Why did the dad bring her to the scene? What if the "killer" is still out there?

I wonder if she was dating one of the victims?

by Anonymousreply 33July 19, 2020 5:05 AM

R28, After being involved in a very violent incident last year, trust me it is easy. It was very surreal. My brain literally couldn't process what my eyes were seeing/hearing. Almost like being outside of yourself. I now understand what that means.

by Anonymousreply 34July 19, 2020 5:16 AM

I dreamed up this whole scenario about the father having an affair with the 17yeae old girl and the son found out about it and he and his posse were going to confront her and the father shows up and kills them all then the 17 year old gets in the car and fellates him as they drive away.

I was going to post it signing it as a frauey web sleuth type. Then I thought, no, too ludicrous ....

by Anonymousreply 35July 19, 2020 5:45 AM

What was playing on their banjo?

by Anonymousreply 36July 19, 2020 6:05 AM

Fishing at 10 pm that doesn't sound right at all. Then you call your dad, not the police? Something sounds off about this story.

by Anonymousreply 37July 19, 2020 6:16 AM

r34 what happened?

by Anonymousreply 38July 19, 2020 6:17 AM

I bet Matt Gaetz is involved. . .

by Anonymousreply 39July 19, 2020 6:24 AM

Bloody Ninjas.

by Anonymousreply 40July 19, 2020 6:27 AM

" Were they African American?

Only reason I ask is because of the spelling of their names.

Is that why photos of the men haven't been released? Maybe the cops don't want to start a riot.

Think about it: three African Americans brutally murdered in a remote part of back woods Florida? "

This is what I thought at first - couldn't tell from the names if they were Black or white. Three blacks killed by Trumpers or law enforcement in bumfuck Florida wouldn't surprise me.

But, they were white - what say the DL sleuths?

by Anonymousreply 41July 19, 2020 6:27 AM

Fishing at night is common. Fish bite well then. How many of you saying it sounds fishy have even been fishing at all?

by Anonymousreply 42July 19, 2020 6:47 AM

R42, I've gone fishing for sex at night. Does that count?

by Anonymousreply 43July 19, 2020 6:50 AM

But yeah, drug deal/drug debt gone wrong sounds more likely. We don't have enough info. As pointed out, what we do have doesn't sound completely right.

by Anonymousreply 44July 19, 2020 6:54 AM

Three guys that young meeting up just to fish? On a Friday night? And some random person decides to beat and kill an ordinary redneck he doesn't know?

Dad's too stupid to get the phone that his son just called him on and call 911? -- but goes to get a teenaged girl at a store? Never mind that he should have immediately called before going to his son's fishing location anyhow. WTF?

Gotta be drug involvement.

by Anonymousreply 45July 19, 2020 7:21 AM

Don't look at me!

by Anonymousreply 46July 19, 2020 8:01 AM

[quote] Who goes fishing at 10 pm?

I was going to write what R42 posted.

Lots of people go night fishing because that's when the fish are swimming around and looking for food.

It's actually easier to catch fish at night, rather than during the day. Particularly in a lake.

So here's what I learned from police dramas. The violent nature of this "random" crime points to a person or persons they knew, as the murderer(s).

Usually, if it's a random crime, it'll be a stabbing or a shooting, and then that's it.

But based on what was reported, it was a "massacre." Something so violent, that even the cops were stunned.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee, but the signs point to these murders being committed by someone they knew.

by Anonymousreply 47July 19, 2020 8:33 AM

My immediate question as well - was this 3 black guys?

by Anonymousreply 48July 19, 2020 8:53 AM

This year on season four of Ozark...

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2020 8:55 AM

Serial killer?

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2020 9:00 AM

Could be, R50.

Either a serial killer or it was payback related to some kind of criminal activity.

The excessive violence is really what indicates the above, rather than a random attack.

It reminds me of the clown attack in the Florida woods, from American Horror Story Freak Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2020 9:09 AM

Maybe it was a preemptive strike by the fish.

by Anonymousreply 52July 19, 2020 9:17 AM

Have they looked at the assistant yet? Especially if he owed them money.

by Anonymousreply 53July 19, 2020 9:39 AM

Who goes fishing at 10 pm?

When I was a kid, my uncles used to gig frogs at night, so it could be something like that.

The whole thing sounds like a script out of some horror movie....but it is Florida, so I guess that kind of thing is just a day at the office for them

by Anonymousreply 54July 19, 2020 10:48 AM

It’s frickin’ hawt in FL during the days.

What about another possibility - they happened upon criminal activity, and now there are no witnesses to it?

Or they owed money big time to a drug dealer or gambling?

by Anonymousreply 55July 19, 2020 11:18 AM

Don't look at us!

by Anonymousreply 56July 19, 2020 11:24 AM

The father is somehow involved.

by Anonymousreply 57July 19, 2020 11:28 AM

I also say the father did it.

by Anonymousreply 58July 19, 2020 11:28 AM

The fact that the murderer stuck around for the other two to arrive tells me he knew all three were going to be there.

It's possible they accidentally interrupted a man doing something he didn't want anyone to know about, but you'd think if someone like that had heard either of the trucks approaching, they would have just run off instead of sticking around and bludgeoning and shooting three guys to death in a massacre.

by Anonymousreply 59July 19, 2020 11:33 AM

My guess is that they either interrupted some sort of drug operation or they were hunted down by people who knew they'd be coming there to fish. And yes, it probably all relates to drug activity.

by Anonymousreply 60July 19, 2020 11:37 AM

The red pickup one of them was driving has a sticker on the windshield that says "REDNECK" That's just awesome.

I don't think the killers waited around for the other two victims. I think the killers were getting it done on the first victim when the other two showed up to the scene, saw what was happening and tried to help their buddy.

by Anonymousreply 61July 19, 2020 11:42 AM

Nothing's nicer than a quiet day fishing while spun as fuck!

by Anonymousreply 62July 19, 2020 11:45 AM

It reminds me of the four young men who went missing in Pennsylvania the other year. Their drug dealer killed them.

by Anonymousreply 63July 19, 2020 11:50 AM

R6 and R7

[quote] Oh dear.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 64July 19, 2020 11:52 AM

This was personal. The perps knew their victims and habits.

They were beaten first as an attempt to get information about something, or to avenge something or someone.

It was personal to whomever perpetuated the crimes by first beating them, and then shooting them, or else, they would have just been shot. Why beat them and then shoot them. Beating them involves great risk. Shooting’s easy and effective.

Drugs, money, sex, revenge.

Very small possibility of a duo set of psychos or one highly skilled psycho, randomly running around Florida’s backwoods, on a weekend murder spree. However, because it’s “FLORIDA”, the chances of this being the case are not off the table.

Also, the father’s story sounds like an attempted design in plausibility. Almost no one leaves their son’s side at the point when the son’s taking his last breath. The paternal bond just doesn’t allow it. Sounds FISHY AF.

FYI, fishing on Friday night is totally commonplace for country folk.

by Anonymousreply 65July 19, 2020 11:58 AM

This sounds like a Nifty tale gone horribly wrong

by Anonymousreply 66July 19, 2020 11:59 AM

I have friends who live in Winter Haven, Polk County.

That whole part of Florida is like rural Alabama or Mississippi, but with palm trees and orange groves.

by Anonymousreply 67July 19, 2020 12:01 PM

R66, a nifty FISH tail.

by Anonymousreply 68July 19, 2020 12:01 PM

The one dude seems like a closet case, masked with deplorable/redneck posts, etc. He seemed actually pitiful. Viewing online comments, many are speculating that the larger group of friends were lots of trouble, and that this is no surprise.

facebook.com/damion.tillman.77

by Anonymousreply 69July 19, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]Almost no one leaves their son’s side at the point when the son’s taking his last breath. The paternal bond just doesn’t allow it.

It does if the father is panicking or doesn't realize what's happening.

That said, it's super suspicious that the son called him asking for help, and he put down the phone he just got that call on and left it behind. He didn't turn around to go get it and didn't stay on the line with his son? That's the head-scratcher for me.

by Anonymousreply 70July 19, 2020 12:05 PM

Maybe the father knew it was drug-related and went back to the scene to clean up any evidence of that before calling 911?

by Anonymousreply 71July 19, 2020 12:13 PM

Looking at those 3 men's Facebook posts, they were all quite upset/angry in life in general. This will uncover lots of interesting issues, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 72July 19, 2020 12:28 PM

meth deal gone bad?

by Anonymousreply 73July 19, 2020 12:33 PM

R73 wrote exactly what I was going to. I would have capitalized, though.

Beaten AND shot. That’s pretty violent.

by Anonymousreply 74July 19, 2020 12:38 PM

Who forgets their cell phone when they’re rushing to help their son who’s in danger? Nah.

Why did the convenience store girl get in the dad’s truck to rush to the murder scene?

And I hope they don’t believe any “dying words” hearsay from the father, either.

by Anonymousreply 75July 19, 2020 12:44 PM

My new screen name is Grady Judd.

by Anonymousreply 76July 19, 2020 12:47 PM

Corona will do that.

by Anonymousreply 77July 19, 2020 12:51 PM

The father did it.

by Anonymousreply 78July 19, 2020 12:57 PM

Yeah, well. They was always going fishing. And then they come home and you can look in that tackle box and everythin is just the way you fixed before they wint. Fishin? They was catching somethin alright but it was no fish. Brandon Rollins? You mean Brandon Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 79July 19, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote]Almost no one leaves their son’s side at the point when the son’s taking his last breath. The paternal bond just doesn’t allow it.

MARY!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 80July 19, 2020 12:58 PM

Maybe the father did it.

by Anonymousreply 81July 19, 2020 12:58 PM

OK. THis was a drug deal gone bad, ...and the father was in on it. That's why the kid called him instead of the cops. He probably fronted them the money to and they got beaten and robbed either because the money wasn't right or they argued with the supplier. Daddy was probably waitin' by the phone in case they called. As for Miss Thing at the 7-11 she was most likely familiar with all of them. Betcha she was either helping or letting them sell out of the store. I'm pitching this to Netflix as I type.

by Anonymousreply 82July 19, 2020 1:01 PM

Oh, sir, just one more thing that I can't seem to figure out: you say were talking on your cell phone to your son. But between the call and getting in the car, you put the phone down? Not in your pocket? On the counter? And then didn't pick it up again?

I guess it's just nerves, as you say. Well, I'll be getting back to the station now.

by Anonymousreply 83July 19, 2020 1:11 PM

[quote] The fact that the murderer stuck around for the other two to arrive....

Where is that mentioned?

by Anonymousreply 84July 19, 2020 1:14 PM

Are we sure this wasn't on "Claws" last season?

by Anonymousreply 85July 19, 2020 1:24 PM

Wrong Turn 8: Gone Fishin'

by Anonymousreply 86July 19, 2020 1:25 PM

I'll bet it was Bigfoot.

by Anonymousreply 87July 19, 2020 1:25 PM

My name is Daryl.

by Anonymousreply 88July 19, 2020 1:32 PM

It was definitely the father. Why didn't he load the kid in the car and take him to the emergency room?

by Anonymousreply 89July 19, 2020 1:33 PM

For r84:

[quote] Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said Tillman showed up to the lake first and was killed. Rollins and Springfield arrived together a short time later and were shot.

by Anonymousreply 90July 19, 2020 1:33 PM

No insurance, r89.

by Anonymousreply 91July 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Cover-up of a drug deal gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 92July 19, 2020 1:34 PM

Where is Jessica Fletcher when we need her?

by Anonymousreply 93July 19, 2020 1:35 PM

I can almost believe every part of this story* other than a dad letting his 17 year old daughter jump in a car with a stranger to drive back to a brutal murder scene. WTF?

*A dad could plausibly leave his dying son to drive and get help if he thought there was a chance it would save his life. And panic explains forgetting the cell at home.

by Anonymousreply 94July 19, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote]I have friends who live in Winter Haven, Polk County. That whole part of Florida is like rural Alabama or Mississippi, but with palm trees and orange groves.

Have them see the collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings in Lakeland at Florida Southern if they haven't already. I was born and raised there. Managed to escape, but still nice to go back home once and a while and remind myself why Ieft.

by Anonymousreply 95July 19, 2020 1:52 PM

I believe the father left his phone at home and possibly couldn't find his sons? As for the girl jumping in the truck, Frostproof is a small town and their families probably knew each other. Sometimes a convenience store is like a gathering place. There are still some trusting people in Polk.

by Anonymousreply 96July 19, 2020 1:54 PM

Given the current heat wave, fishing at night was at least a plausible cover. People do forget their cell phones.

Quiet and quaint means lots of bad stuff underneath a facade designed to keep outsiders away and draw no attention to what an inbred corrupt place it is. When I think of a massacre, I think at least double digits. This is just a garden variety killing.

Probably a drug deal gone bad or someone who owed money to someone else related to drugs. Damion was part of a Redneck Nation-related group. Some of his FB friends think this will spark a race war. More likely, the local "mafia" (probably the scion of a local business person) wanted money rather than excuses.

by Anonymousreply 97July 19, 2020 2:00 PM

On the bright side three less votes for Trump

by Anonymousreply 98July 19, 2020 2:11 PM

The murdering twinks from Florida are back again!

by Anonymousreply 99July 19, 2020 2:25 PM

Fishing?

Maybe the girl had worms.

by Anonymousreply 100July 19, 2020 2:27 PM

[quote]Fishing at night is common. Fish bite well then. How many of you saying it sounds fishy have even been fishing at all?

Indeed, r42, catfishing in particular.

by Anonymousreply 101July 19, 2020 2:35 PM

This doesn't look random. Without more information, seeing this as a vendetta involving drugs and money remains plausible.

by Anonymousreply 102July 19, 2020 2:42 PM

MY spot means exactly that, MY spot.

by Anonymousreply 103July 19, 2020 2:47 PM

So they knew their killers? My guess also is drug related. also maybe crime of passion? I'm giving the father the benefit of the doubt. I think he's just so overwhelmed that he's not thinking clearly.

by Anonymousreply 104July 19, 2020 2:49 PM

The location pings on daddy's cell phone will make him a suspect.

by Anonymousreply 105July 19, 2020 2:53 PM

Maybe P&P? The beating up instead of just shooting seems too personal for a drug deal gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 106July 19, 2020 2:55 PM

Is it common to go fishing at 10 P.M. ?

by Anonymousreply 107July 19, 2020 2:56 PM

This is the alternative ending to Brokeback Mountain. Ennis meets another guy, and Jack kills them all in a fit of rage while they are on a fishing trip.

by Anonymousreply 108July 19, 2020 3:00 PM

“The Frost Came to Frostproof”

by Anonymousreply 109July 19, 2020 3:01 PM

[quote] On the bright side three less votes for Trump

It’s cute how you think these guys voted.

by Anonymousreply 110July 19, 2020 3:03 PM

[quote] Is it common to go fishing at 10 P.M. ?

About as common as this question being asked.

Again. And again. And again.

by Anonymousreply 111July 19, 2020 3:04 PM

Goober, Gomer, and Barney killed......Andy Taylor is on the case.

I bet it turns out Aint Bee did it.

by Anonymousreply 112July 19, 2020 3:06 PM

"They were white"

Oh... nevermind.

by Anonymousreply 113July 19, 2020 3:07 PM

It shouldn’t be difficult for police to find whoever the murderer is since they’ve got last words from one of the victims. This piece of information they’re not releasing, that tells us it’s part of evidence and they don’t want to tip the perpetrator and his accomplices off. Likely someone the victims knew and not a random crime. If it was random the police would have put out APB with the information or description provided by the victim because it’d be in best interest of public safety.

But it’s a balancing act with these cases. When the police first suspected and learned of Richard Ramirez being the Night Stalker, they couldn’t release information about him to the public for fear that doing so would drive him underground and harder to find.

by Anonymousreply 114July 19, 2020 3:09 PM

Keep going!!! DL sleuths always come up with good shit!!!

by Anonymousreply 115July 19, 2020 3:12 PM

IMO that father new what they were up to and where they were going. He knew something could go wrong. Now whether or not he told the cops the truth of his son's last words, is another story. Who ever did this must be shitting bricks if they're local. But the father may also be in danger. Snitching to the PoPo is a No,no.

by Anonymousreply 116July 19, 2020 3:14 PM

I'm not proud of this but they look like what comes up when I search for 'redneck' on porn sites. And those boys in those videos sure do like them some dick (as well as their tats and confederate flags.)

Fishing, my ass.

by Anonymousreply 117July 19, 2020 3:15 PM

fishing at night isn't suspicious, the beatings and shootings certainly are.

by Anonymousreply 118July 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Something's fishy about this story.

by Anonymousreply 119July 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Did the father and son smoke meth together with their pants off and watching porn?

It's called a smoke and stroke.

by Anonymousreply 120July 19, 2020 3:16 PM

Those three guys look like pinheads from the carnival.

by Anonymousreply 121July 19, 2020 3:17 PM

[quote] Now whether or not he told the cops the truth of his son's last words, is another story.

And that is only the first filter. What the police then tell the press may be different, and what the press finally reports may be different. That's the problem with second guessing on these stories.

by Anonymousreply 122July 19, 2020 3:17 PM

Worst case of suicide I ever sees.

by Anonymousreply 123July 19, 2020 3:18 PM

Perhaps this is about child porn and they were diddling some child and someone's poppa found out and dusted them.

by Anonymousreply 124July 19, 2020 3:20 PM

Dad is claiming he heard the son’s last words (which he’ll probably say were “a black guy did it”) so he can direct the police away from himself as the suspect.

by Anonymousreply 125July 19, 2020 3:31 PM

This isn't exactly an extremely populated area. Trace all the cellphones that pinged on local towers in the area at 10pm. Review any camera tapes of vehicles in the area.

I doubt the killer would think ahead to turn off their phone. This should be easy to resolve.

Are there a lot of 30 year olds that hang out with 23 year olds? They say they've been friends for years, but - that's a big gap, isn't it?

I'm indoorsy - there's not way in hell I'd be going out to some swamp lake at night with MOSQUITOES FROM HELL and potential alligators to catch a few fish.

by Anonymousreply 126July 19, 2020 3:31 PM

The dad is suspicious for a number of reasons. I could give him the benefit of the doubt about leaving the cell phone. But then he left his dying son to go call 911 instead of putting him in the truck and taking him to the hospital? The son could have already been dead, but dad needed a story that allowed him, and him alone, to be the person who heard those dying words. The girl getting in the truck is not that suspicious as likely familiarity with her family would make sense in a small town.

They might have been fishing. It is a great cover. But they most certainly going to get fucked up too. I agree with the meth angle. Which does raise the possibility that some of you guys fantasies of redneck gay porn might have been feasible. I have a kid that I trick with from time to time and he learned all about meth from his daddy.

And like the poster above, I have come upon a loved one who had just been stabbed and beaten. I carried them to my car and took them directly to the hospital. And I was in a state of panic.

by Anonymousreply 127July 19, 2020 3:33 PM

Ping the Dad's cell phone activity and there's your answer.I don't think he left it at his house.

by Anonymousreply 128July 19, 2020 3:33 PM

He probably took his burner with him.

by Anonymousreply 129July 19, 2020 3:34 PM

R126, have you never been ayoung man, out for a little fun and games with your mates ? I love the idea of checking the pings, but do you think the local cops will think of that?

by Anonymousreply 130July 19, 2020 3:34 PM

I was going to ask, Can I have their stuff?, but I think I'll pass on this one.

by Anonymousreply 131July 19, 2020 3:35 PM

If these guys were going night fishing they would have had pistols with them.

Dad's behavior is unbelievable

The son had a phone and was conscious

Why would he not take son with him

by Anonymousreply 132July 19, 2020 3:35 PM

The condors needed more victims. They're ruthless and they travel.

by Anonymousreply 133July 19, 2020 3:36 PM

Why didn't he call for help with his son's phone?

by Anonymousreply 134July 19, 2020 3:37 PM

Ummm,....welp, the battry on my son's phone, it was dead? Jus, jus after he made that call it went n' died. And me with no phone. Man, I felt so damned dumb. But there you a re...

by Anonymousreply 135July 19, 2020 3:37 PM

That's three less votes for Uncle Donald.

by Anonymousreply 136July 19, 2020 3:42 PM

[quote] but dad needed a story that allowed him, and him alone, to be the person who heard those dying words.

They weren't dying words. The son spoke to his father before he was shot. When the son and his friend saw Tillman being beat up, the son called his dad for help while still in his truck. He was shot shortly afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 137July 19, 2020 3:43 PM

Papa got suspicious and followed his boy and found him cavorting with fags in the woods!

by Anonymousreply 138July 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Speculation that dumb people would act rationally under trying circumstances is the problem here. Dad could be borderline special so of course he’s not going to think and react rationally and expediently.

by Anonymousreply 139July 19, 2020 3:44 PM

Ages 23, 27 and 30 had been friends for years.

Interesting dynamic for 18 22 and 25 to be besties

Family connection, drugs?

by Anonymousreply 140July 19, 2020 3:48 PM

Damion Tillman? Damion Nasty!

by Anonymousreply 141July 19, 2020 3:51 PM

How long were their fishing poles?

by Anonymousreply 142July 19, 2020 3:52 PM

I don't think the age gaps between the victims is necessarily significant. One may have been left behind a grade or two or perhaps they were "cousins."

by Anonymousreply 143July 19, 2020 3:54 PM

Are significant (oh dearing myself before anyone else does.)

by Anonymousreply 144July 19, 2020 3:56 PM

Comment 145 and no one has asked

Who has had em?

by Anonymousreply 145July 19, 2020 3:59 PM

R140 - exactly. The age variance is weird for longtime best friends.

As you get older, those differences don't mean much - but in your teens and early 20's, that's a big difference.

Look up Frostproof, FL and meth. There was a huge bust in 2010 with Mexican drug dealers. I don't think they just packed up their bags and left town afterwards.

Here's one article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 19, 2020 3:59 PM

And another - 2016 - Mexican drug cartel again.

They could have been in the wrong place at the wrong time - or...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147July 19, 2020 3:59 PM

Did you read the article r137? Op went to the trouble of copying it into the thread.

[quote] Upon arriving at the scene, Rollins’ found his son barely alive and his two friends both dead. Judd said Rollins was able to say a few things to his dad before he died, which the sheriff’s office didn’t release at the morning briefing.

by Anonymousreply 148July 19, 2020 4:01 PM

Population of Frostproof - 3,273. That's a lot of drug activity for a town of that size.

by Anonymousreply 149July 19, 2020 4:02 PM

Local comments on news articles interesting.

Don't judge people by their past

Even they didn't deserve this

Speculation of girl problems with the youngest

Has anyone found their arrest records?

by Anonymousreply 150July 19, 2020 4:03 PM

Can you really have a massacre with just three victims, no women and children? I think not.

by Anonymousreply 151July 19, 2020 4:05 PM

R136, are you also r98?

by Anonymousreply 152July 19, 2020 4:05 PM

[quote] Can you really have a massacre with just three victims, no women and children?

As long as it’s done properly and the correct invitations have gone out, it can be accomplished.

by Anonymousreply 153July 19, 2020 4:07 PM

"Deliverance" Meets "Breaking Bad."

Life imitates Art.

by Anonymousreply 154July 19, 2020 4:08 PM

[quote] Ages 23, 27 and 30 had been friends for years. Interesting dynamic for 18 22 and 25 to be besties

Sadly, it really isn't. Especially not in a small redneck town like this. If you went off to college after high school did you not notice the people in your age group who had reverted to hanging out with High Schoolers when you came back to visit? Same dynamic here. Plus, siblings might have something to do with it. My brother was 7 years older than me, but I hung out with him and his friends all the time when I was in HS. One became a FB.

by Anonymousreply 155July 19, 2020 4:09 PM

I love you, R153

by Anonymousreply 156July 19, 2020 4:10 PM

Probably uncut.

by Anonymousreply 157July 19, 2020 4:10 PM

Link to the local comments and fb pages. Time to put on my Sunday Afternoon Detective Hat

by Anonymousreply 158July 19, 2020 4:11 PM

They’re not uncut.

by Anonymousreply 159July 19, 2020 4:12 PM

There is a seamy side to Disneyworld that you don’t see on the commercials.

by Anonymousreply 160July 19, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]Link to the local comments and fb pages. Time to put on my Sunday Afternoon Detective Hat

Jessica Fletcher has arrived

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 19, 2020 4:15 PM

Rednecks are stupid. Chances are good the whole town knows who did this.

by Anonymousreply 162July 19, 2020 4:16 PM

Sorry, r158. Being a Datalounge detective is a full time job. Death doesn’t wait for your sabbath.

by Anonymousreply 163July 19, 2020 4:19 PM

Boy, I can't wait for there to be a murder mystery involving pastry or some other food, DL will be orgasmic.

by Anonymousreply 164July 19, 2020 4:24 PM

Disneyworld Southside

by Anonymousreply 165July 19, 2020 4:28 PM

Lol I love R117.

by Anonymousreply 166July 19, 2020 4:29 PM

R151, Definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 167July 19, 2020 4:35 PM

NAYA RIVERA'S ACTUAL BODY COULD BE IN THAT FLORIDA SWAMP! WHY AREN'T THEY SEARCHING???!!!

by Anonymousreply 168July 19, 2020 4:40 PM

Sometimes the poles can get entangled when they’re going for the same prime catch.

by Anonymousreply 169July 19, 2020 4:46 PM

Just because the father said there were last doesn’t mean it happened. Kind of like the plot of The Usual Suspects as told by Keyzer Soze to the police

by Anonymousreply 170July 19, 2020 4:49 PM

^^^the dad can’t be a dumb hick and be a criminal mastermind. I’m leaning towards the dumb hick scenario and the police is not releasing information because they know who the suspects are.

by Anonymousreply 171July 19, 2020 4:51 PM

My brother was 6 years older and I found it odd at the time that he often hung out with teenagers my age while in his mid 20s.

18 to 25 is a big difference in social development. Family connections are a rational reason. If random you will often find a notable underlying reason for such a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 172July 19, 2020 4:57 PM

"I’m leaning towards the dumb hick scenario and the police is not releasing information "

If you say "police is", I might know who one "dumb hick" in the scenario is.

by Anonymousreply 173July 19, 2020 5:00 PM

If true the 17 year old girl jumped into a truck to go to active scene girlfriend knows what is happening in the area.

Convenience store in the middle of no where she sees it all.

by Anonymousreply 174July 19, 2020 5:03 PM

r127 but if you heard that three people were attacked in a dark rural area, would you really send your 17-year-old daughter to investigate? Why not that father go with the sketchy dad and leave your daughter to man the store or temporarily close up shop.

I'm still stuck on the cell phone left at home. Your child calls in danger, you don't stay on the line? Then your child calls you instead of the cops, really? Then you don't use your child's phone to call the police you leave him to die alone? You let some teenage girl ride with you back to a dangerous location?

No and no. This story has too many holes in it.

by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2020 5:04 PM

18 to 25 or 26 is a big jump. but 18 to 22 is not. Neither is 22 to 26. And it being Florida makes it even more believable.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2020 5:07 PM

R173 Oh hi grammar Nazi posting on DL. Ever heard of typing fast and not caring for exact grammar on DL? What was so offensive in my comment that you’re being a fucking cunt in your reply? Get fucked you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2020 5:07 PM

[quote] 18 to 25 is a big difference in social development.

Not if you don’t go to college and live in the outback.

by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2020 5:09 PM

I'm thinking dad was familiar to the 17 year old girl family. If 3 beaten before shot good chance more than 1 suspect. Could have started as an old fashioned ass whoopin among rivals, called dad for reinforcement or fire power to shut things down.

I agree lot of information will come from dad.

by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2020 5:09 PM

The daughter probably knew the boys and was hysterical. She might have insisted and the dad didn't have the will to fight her. And who knows if her dad knew she was going?

But I agree with r127. Too many holes.

by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2020 5:11 PM

I just hope DL does better on this case than the recent beheading in NYC.

So embarrassing how far off the consensus was with pro hit and organized crime.

Let's focus and do better guys.

I feel like this may be solved before tonights evening news, we don't have long.

by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2020 5:15 PM

This reads like those free mystery novels you get through google books.

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2020 5:20 PM

So, is the dad under protective services or what? There are killers out there who now know the father’s son shared information with him before dying that can identity them. It seems weird that the press would release that information, unless part of it is to flush them out some how?

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2020 5:20 PM

Does Lea Michele have an alibi?

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2020 5:23 PM

Why are people referring to the convenience store girl as "the daughter?" Whose daughter is she? She's obviously someone's daughter, but not the suspicious absentminded father's.

by Anonymousreply 185July 19, 2020 5:24 PM

Billy Bob Thorton as the hick absentminded father in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 186July 19, 2020 5:25 PM

Drugs.

by Anonymousreply 187July 19, 2020 5:26 PM

[quote] I just hope DL does better on this case than the recent beheading in NYC.

Ok, so maybe we were a tad off base with the Ninja theory, but didn’t you like that explanation better than the truth?

by Anonymousreply 188July 19, 2020 5:27 PM

Rollins father has had major heart attack!

by Anonymousreply 189July 19, 2020 5:29 PM

[quote] Does Lea Michele have an alibi?

What are you hinting at?

Were they out there in the bush wearing shitty wigs?

by Anonymousreply 190July 19, 2020 5:29 PM

The Rollins guy called his father and said, "Help" and the father drove to the "remote" location, but then, had to drive back to a convenience store to call emergency services?

Um, what about the son's phone?

Then, a 17 year old girl decides to jump into the truck and drive BACK to a murder scene without knowing whether the murderer(s) might still be there? You know because having some random chick contaminate a murder scene is a good idea, not to mention what sort of random chick wants to see a bunch of dead people.

NONE of that sounds fishy at all - lol - none of it.

by Anonymousreply 191July 19, 2020 5:30 PM

A typical person, upon arriving at an ambush, would call 911 to save themselves or their friends. If you were trying to get help without notifying the police, you might just call your dad. I think his dying words were possibly “hold my beer”.

by Anonymousreply 192July 19, 2020 5:31 PM

We are losing our dying declaration witness

by Anonymousreply 193July 19, 2020 5:31 PM

R191 it is all bizarre and no doubt cops already know who did it. Dad knows too.

by Anonymousreply 194July 19, 2020 5:32 PM

Let’s put Nancy Druid on the case ASAP! Croc 🐊 Lake at the foot of Witch Hill Holler.

by Anonymousreply 195July 19, 2020 5:32 PM

She was the daughter of the convenience store's owner. Do try and keep up.

And I disagree about the NYC killing. there were a couple of us who were onto the assistant before the news broke about his arrest.

by Anonymousreply 196July 19, 2020 5:32 PM

R33 I meant that the movie was a dramatic telling of Verbal’s eye witness account of what happened but it was actually Keyser making it all up. The father is lying about what happened and shouldn’t be believed, yet people like R183 obviously have a different take on it

by Anonymousreply 197July 19, 2020 5:32 PM

i dont understand the fuss about their age gaps. Should be a non-issue.

by Anonymousreply 198July 19, 2020 5:33 PM

Convicted felons and habitual drug users are often reluctant to summon police

Allegedly

by Anonymousreply 199July 19, 2020 5:33 PM

This story has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese, and I oughta know.

by Anonymousreply 200July 19, 2020 5:35 PM

I am appalled at the lack of sexual innuendo on this thread

by Anonymousreply 201July 19, 2020 5:36 PM

If you saw the pictures of the victims, you'd understand that's the last place anyone's mind would want to go.

by Anonymousreply 202July 19, 2020 5:37 PM

[quote] it is all bizarre and no doubt cops already know who did it. Dad knows too.

The girl put it all together before any of them.

by Anonymousreply 203July 19, 2020 5:38 PM

I like R181's enthusiasm.

by Anonymousreply 204July 19, 2020 5:38 PM

[quote]She was the daughter of the convenience store's owner. Do try and keep up.

Yes, we all know that. Still makes her random relative to the other people involved.

“This is a horrific scene,” Judd said Saturday. “I’ve been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks among the worst" - but sure, bring along a looky-loo to sightsee.

Money on her connected in a way that hasn't been reported yet.

by Anonymousreply 205July 19, 2020 5:38 PM

Three FEWER votes for Trump, you illiterate rednecks!

by Anonymousreply 206July 19, 2020 5:40 PM

Maybe it's not so random in a small community r205. A storekeeper could reasonably expect to see almost every resident at least once, then think of repeat customers, and probably many known by name.

by Anonymousreply 207July 19, 2020 5:43 PM

R206, See R136, you repetitive cunt.

by Anonymousreply 208July 19, 2020 5:45 PM

None of them have been in prison in fla but thats not to say they dont have records. Ill wait to venture an opinion until more comes out ,but Im already thinking love triangle with one of them and a black perp . You heard it here first .

by Anonymousreply 209July 19, 2020 5:45 PM

Why do straight guys on meth like to get fucked in the ass?

Random question based on my grindr experiences

by Anonymousreply 210July 19, 2020 5:47 PM

Hey, I said if they were meth heads that there was probably a sexual component.

How about this: The 18 year old had daddy issues that he was working out with the Dad through meth fueled sexual relations. The older boys found out that the dad and eighteen year old were involved in a kinky sexual relationship. But they were involved in trysts of their own which included some boys from the dark side of town who were regularly railing them together in a cheap motel room with their BBCs. It all came to a head that night and the Dad planned to kill the soon to be squealers. He arranged for the BBCs to be waiting for the first two boys so they could have a ritualistic sex session that ended up some type of erotic asphyxiation gone wrong. But the Mexican gang happened upon them and the shooting began. Dad knew he had no choice but to let the son die so as not to incriminate him. Plus, he found some of the Mexicans "hot".

by Anonymousreply 211July 19, 2020 5:48 PM

Nah r211 if they were all that gay they would not have been out in the hot woods fishing. They would have been tweeking in the AC . at the VFW.

by Anonymousreply 212July 19, 2020 5:52 PM

R211 Your elevator pitch skills suck, go back and work on them and repost, no streaming service is going to pick that up in its current state.

by Anonymousreply 213July 19, 2020 5:52 PM

I'm calling fight over a girl that got out of hand.

Haven't decided how many suspects

2?

by Anonymousreply 214July 19, 2020 5:55 PM

Having hard core sex with close cousins (kin) just blows my mind!!!

by Anonymousreply 215July 19, 2020 5:56 PM

Does that mean you think it has potential , r213? cause I was going more for nifty than netflix.

by Anonymousreply 216July 19, 2020 5:58 PM

Jessks, the convenient convenience store girl, is no ordinary 17-year old. Ages are different in Frostproof, Florida, where preschoolers drink Michelob instead of apple juice and teachers dont give out gold stars but instead mark good students with forehead tattoos.

by Anonymousreply 217July 19, 2020 5:58 PM

Blows your mind like I can't fathom it?

Or blows your mind like how did I not start doing this years ago?

by Anonymousreply 218July 19, 2020 5:58 PM

That nosy shopgirl is the key to all this.

by Anonymousreply 219July 19, 2020 5:58 PM

I just hope DL does better on this case than the recent beheading in NYC.

So embarrassing how far off the consensus was with pro hit and organized crime.

Let's focus and do better guys.

I feel like this may be solved before tonights evening news, we don't have long.

In fairness to deal, no article mentions anything about the beheading victim having an assistant - particularly one as unqualified as the real assistant, so that's a tough one.

If my friends were dead/dying & I was mortally wounded, my first phone call would be to the cops - not my parents; and as other have noted, why wouldn't the dad immediately call the cops rather than rush to the scene (without his phone).

While these people may just be stupid hillbillies, it could also be an "Aunt Diane" type situation in which the family knows that something fucked up is going on but don't want to call the cops.

Or just the simple answer: everyone involved is very stupid...

by Anonymousreply 220July 19, 2020 5:59 PM

Has anyone looked in on Aunt Diane? She’s presently looking very suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 221July 19, 2020 6:01 PM

I think the shopgirl action quite normal for a rural teen that grew up in a store.

Think honey boo boo 10 years later

by Anonymousreply 222July 19, 2020 6:02 PM

If the shopgirl was involved in a love triangle with the son (the first victim) and the killer, maybe she went with the dad in case the killer returned, to try and calm him down.

by Anonymousreply 223July 19, 2020 6:02 PM

Is it me or does the word massacre come off as a racially charged word?

by Anonymousreply 224July 19, 2020 6:05 PM

I wonder if any of the three, particularly the two who arrived after their friend had already been killed, were armed. And if they were, whether shots had been fired from their weapons.

by Anonymousreply 225July 19, 2020 6:05 PM

Or maybe the shopgirl told a lie about the victims that proved someone to murder them. If those boys went fishing, they brought beer, at least, and probably picked it up at her store. Who else did she chat up at the store that night?

by Anonymousreply 226July 19, 2020 6:07 PM

I need to know if shopgirl is butch dyke or redneck gal gadot?

by Anonymousreply 227July 19, 2020 6:08 PM

Well it sounds like the only ones who made out well in this situation were the fish.

by Anonymousreply 228July 19, 2020 6:08 PM

Maybe the dying boy called dad 1st because he knew that it would take the cops an hour to get there and his dad only 10 mins . as for dad leaving his phone and running out the door,when you panic sometimes you just dont think clearly. Dad probably grew up without the notion of a cell phone attached to his hip so he just didnt think about it. When I got home from work and found a message on my answering machine from a hospital telling me my lover had been in an accident,not only did I not think to call the hospital,but I ran out the front door leaving it wide open . I just didnt think,I panicked . Also small towns like that are very incestuous. Everybody knows everybody and all their business too . If it were drugs,the cops already know. If it were a love triangle (as I think) the cops already know .

by Anonymousreply 229July 19, 2020 6:09 PM

R224 I read massacre to mean “unusually gruesome scene”

by Anonymousreply 230July 19, 2020 6:09 PM

R225 It's the swampy Florida backwoods. Firearms are given to babies when they're born there.

by Anonymousreply 231July 19, 2020 6:10 PM

R224 It's YOU! Did ya' just get out of an anti-racism training session at work? Geeeze!

by Anonymousreply 232July 19, 2020 6:11 PM

r195 Christ! How old is that Nancy chick anyway?

by Anonymousreply 233July 19, 2020 6:14 PM

Either way, she's a gossipy little bee.

by Anonymousreply 234July 19, 2020 6:17 PM

I’m not from Florida, but I would think that even in that short of time the gators would smell blood and be on those bodies like flys on shit? I’m sure they must of been thinking they would help cleanup the crime scene and make it more difficult to find evidence right?

by Anonymousreply 235July 19, 2020 6:19 PM

R177 must be new here.

by Anonymousreply 236July 19, 2020 6:19 PM

Well at least they weren’t named Daryl, Daryl and Daryl as that would make discussing the case very complicated.

by Anonymousreply 237July 19, 2020 6:20 PM

They aren't hillbillies. Hillbillies live in the hills of Appalachia. They are white trash red necks. Because back in the day, they would work outside all day with their shirts on. thus leaving their necks red. Of course, that was before a nice tan became a symbol of wealth. But the term stuck.

by Anonymousreply 238July 19, 2020 6:21 PM

R238 Wow, you really don’t know the origin of that word do you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 19, 2020 6:24 PM

Last paragraph of R239's article:

[quote]Most scholars agree that the term probably was originally used at least a century before the Mine Wars, to refer to southern farmers who were exposed to long hours in the sun while working in the fields.

by Anonymousreply 240July 19, 2020 6:28 PM

I think it's time for DL to create the ultimate cast for the upcoming movie. I like the suggestions above, especially Billy Bob Thornton. I humbly suggest the following:

Machine Gun Kelly as one of the trashy victims Justin Bieber in his acting debut as the dying son uttering his last words Megan Fox as random skank girlfriend of older victim Bella Thorne as overly involved teenage convenience store clerk

Larry Clark should direct.

by Anonymousreply 241July 19, 2020 6:31 PM

Shop girl probably had a good idea who the killer was and went with dad for that reason.

Late night fishing usually means illegal fishing without a license or poaching gators. Not saying it was some pissed off game warden though that would be an interesting twist.

by Anonymousreply 242July 19, 2020 6:33 PM

Bella Thorne needs to put on about 80 lbs to play Shopgirl.

by Anonymousreply 243July 19, 2020 6:35 PM

Nice R240. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 244July 19, 2020 6:35 PM

There are numerous lakes around Frostproof. Lake Streety is just about the smallest and further away than all but one of the others (it's near a much bigger lake). Seems odd. It's also just off US98 which looks like more of a major road than some of the others around there. According to wiki the area is known for abundant fishing---so it begs the question why go fishing at this small, far away lake.

by Anonymousreply 245July 19, 2020 6:36 PM

I know it’s basically a repeat performance, but Julia Garner plays backwoods white trash girl so good even if she does come from the Bronx. And she really does have the acting chops to pull off the scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246July 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Drugs R245.

Is that Sheriff auditioning for tv? He seems a bit overly dramatic and is every local woman the size of a trailer? Fuck.

by Anonymousreply 247July 19, 2020 6:41 PM

Uh..I see ya been makin comments about they ages...but I guess I should say that Damion, Keven, and Brandon is brother-cousins...so to speak.... with different daddies some related in certain degree of kinship...except for Rollins weren't related except he went with that same ol' girl

by Anonymousreply 248July 19, 2020 6:46 PM

Has the county sheriff’s office not done any press conferences yet today? We really need more material to work with. Can someone get the Naya K-pop twitterati on the police department’s case to move them forward?

by Anonymousreply 249July 19, 2020 6:54 PM

Who the fuck names a town “Frostproof”?

by Anonymousreply 250July 19, 2020 6:55 PM

Grady Judd will solve this case, I would not want to be on his bad side.

by Anonymousreply 251July 19, 2020 6:56 PM

R250 someone planning an orange grove

by Anonymousreply 252July 19, 2020 6:56 PM

“The name was a marketing ploy to convince potential landowners that the town has never had, and never would have, a frost that could destroy the large citrus-driven economy. However, only a couple of years later, a frost killed most of the citrus in Frostproof.“

Unfortunate.

by Anonymousreply 253July 19, 2020 6:57 PM

Night fishing is actually very common. Not necessarily illegal or poaching. But if you've been arrested on drug and felony theft charges fishing without a license may not be a major concern.

by Anonymousreply 254July 19, 2020 6:59 PM

The sheriff talks about Friday night fishing as "wholesome". These guys, at least two of them, not so wholesome: and sheriff clearly knows them

Keven Springfield has a prior arrests for meth & drug paraphernalia possession (twice), assault (twice), burglary/grand larceny (twice), something about a missle into a building (?shooting up some place)

Brandon Rollins has priors for burglary, assault, and grand larceny (multiple times), dealing in stolen property, plus domestic violence and something that looks like sexual violence

Nothing for Damion. His friends have been regular arrestees, even within the past year.

by Anonymousreply 255July 19, 2020 7:00 PM

Is this the type of fishing where they throw dynamite in the water and gather up all the fish blown on land?

by Anonymousreply 256July 19, 2020 7:02 PM

Side investigation....

What beer was in the cooler?

I'm going with Busch or natty light.

by Anonymousreply 257July 19, 2020 7:04 PM

Miller high life.

by Anonymousreply 258July 19, 2020 7:07 PM

Betcha either the sheriff's department or the local police are in on it.

by Anonymousreply 259July 19, 2020 7:08 PM

But was the beer frostproof?

by Anonymousreply 260July 19, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote]Of course, that was before a nice tan became a symbol of wealth. But the term stuck.

farmer tans were never a symbol of wealth, quite the contary

by Anonymousreply 261July 19, 2020 7:09 PM

Since there is a lull in the primary investigation here. I would like to apply to be DL rural life consultant.

Need some help with a tagline

by Anonymousreply 262July 19, 2020 7:09 PM

r235 Too bad that guy in NY hadn't thought of 'gators.

by Anonymousreply 263July 19, 2020 7:10 PM

[Quote] What beer was in the cooler?

Corona!

by Anonymousreply 264July 19, 2020 7:10 PM

[quote] Who the fuck names a town “Frostproof”?

not us

by Anonymousreply 265July 19, 2020 7:12 PM

Snowmass is just an abbreviation for "Snow in my ass".

by Anonymousreply 266July 19, 2020 7:14 PM

You obviously need me here

High life would be for the college boys in frostproof

Corona for the lesbians

by Anonymousreply 267July 19, 2020 7:14 PM

So do we think there are hot gay twinks on the run who committed these murders?

by Anonymousreply 268July 19, 2020 7:14 PM

Twinks don't beat and bludgeon

Now it they had received sassy slaps before being shot

by Anonymousreply 269July 19, 2020 7:16 PM

R267 Really, do we really think Frostproof has any guys who are college material?

by Anonymousreply 270July 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Was this an actual fishing trip or a Brokeback Mountain "fishing trip"?

by Anonymousreply 271July 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Daddy knew where they were close to home

It was their regular fishing hole

by Anonymousreply 272July 19, 2020 7:21 PM

Two small time hoodlums and their younger friend out for trouble. Given the older guys' histories, drugs and/or stolen goods are probably involved. Neither was a stranger to violence. The Sheriff thinks he can whitewash this, but it took only a few minutes to assemble their arrest records.

by Anonymousreply 273July 19, 2020 7:21 PM

[quote] Farmer tans were never a symbol of wealth, quite the contrary

Really r261? You felt a need to point that out? Did I say farmer's tans? Let's look at what you used to make your point;

[quote] Of course, that was before a nice tan became a symbol of wealth. But the term stuck.

Is a nice tan the same thing as a farmer's tan? I was referring to the fact that over the decades, tans have now become a symbol of wealth as more of the commoner's work inside. It used to be that alabaster skin was more representative of wealth because you didn't have to expose yourself to the elements.

FFS - do you really need to use such a weak argument to try and be witty? Or are you just daft?

by Anonymousreply 274July 19, 2020 7:24 PM

R262 - "The Swamp Dick" has a certain ping to it.

by Anonymousreply 275July 19, 2020 7:26 PM

I think night fishing was their wholesome activity. Prob a few pills and weed and lots of beer involved. Somebody knew where to find them.

by Anonymousreply 276July 19, 2020 7:30 PM

fuck off moron R274

obviously your knowledge of social history is a abysmal as your reading comprehension skills

by Anonymousreply 277July 19, 2020 7:30 PM

Let's see...first a death in CA, then another in New York, and now a massacre in Florida. All within a short period of time.....

I am sensing a pattern and the deaths won't end until the killer is stopped.

Again, please determine Lea Michele's whereabouts in the last 2 weeks. She is the common thread in these killings!!!

by Anonymousreply 278July 19, 2020 7:30 PM

Told you we were hardcore, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 279July 19, 2020 7:32 PM

I think convenience girl is like Ruby from “Ozark”, not even joking. She was telling daddy Rollins what to tell police.

Who called the police, anyway? Did Daddy Rollins have to show them where to go, since it was so “out of the way”? Or did the police know “the spot” already?

by Anonymousreply 280July 19, 2020 7:35 PM

Be nice boys

We have 3 murders to solve

by Anonymousreply 281July 19, 2020 7:36 PM

How much blood has to be spilled about and what extreme level of carnage for it to be labeled a massacre?

by Anonymousreply 282July 19, 2020 7:39 PM

Rollins appeared to be the only one with a record, at least as an adult. I wonder if Daddy approved of his older friends.

by Anonymousreply 283July 19, 2020 7:39 PM

I have read several comments over a few different platforms, stating what a great guy this Sheriff Judd is.

I live in NYC and haven’t ever heard anyone rave about our police chief, but maybe things are different down there in the palm scrubs. Who the heck takes to social media in order to make a specific comment solely to praise the effing Sheriff? Does he have PR interns? So weird to me, but I’ve been told to stop applying my “standards” to what the people in Frostproof do.

Okay.

by Anonymousreply 284July 19, 2020 7:40 PM

Do we know we know if there were any roving bands of Indians about?

by Anonymousreply 285July 19, 2020 7:40 PM

OK, I think it's sketchy that the dad forgot his phone. Of your kid calls saying he's being attacked/shot wouldn't you call the police or at least bring your phone so you can call.? There's something amiss in Redneckville.

by Anonymousreply 286July 19, 2020 7:41 PM

The sheriff neglects to mention that this "quiet" community has had major drug busts or that two of these knuckleheads have serious rap sheets. He's been in the job for 50 years--he thinks he can keep a lid on things. he easily could be in on a lot that happens there.

by Anonymousreply 287July 19, 2020 7:42 PM

I'm willing to let the FBI stop investigating my case and go to Florida to investigate this one.

by Anonymousreply 288July 19, 2020 7:43 PM

R224, the first time I encountered the word massacre (my mom: “LOOK IT UP”) was in a Laura Ingalls Wilder book, where Ma and someone else were whispering about a massacre by the local natives and Ma shushed the other lady and said “Little pitcher have big ears” and I had to ask what that meant because there wasn’t an entry for that in the dictionary.

So I associate it with Native Americans. But that’s just me. I think it has a broader meaning now.

by Anonymousreply 289July 19, 2020 7:44 PM

R239, thank you for sharing that information with the rest of the class, Tracy Flick.

I thought the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 290July 19, 2020 7:47 PM

"The Shopgirl from Frostproof"

by Anonymousreply 291July 19, 2020 7:50 PM

[R224], the first time I encountered the word massacre (my mom: “LOOK IT UP”)

Side note: I first heard the term "oral sex" on 60 Minutes so I asked my mom what I it meant and that was her response to (except she kind of mumbled "uh, look it up"), so for the longest time I had no idea what it meant....

by Anonymousreply 292July 19, 2020 7:50 PM

I associate it with Native Americans too...getting massacred by whites.

by Anonymousreply 293July 19, 2020 7:52 PM

R292 I used to think "oral sex" was just people talking about sex.

by Anonymousreply 294July 19, 2020 7:52 PM

Obviously Antifa thugs from Tampa or Okeechobee chasing down any innocent kid with a confederate flag. Were the kids wearing masks? No? There's all the proof you need to know these George Soros funded mercenaries are killing innocent, straight, white men. Not just here, it's happening all over. It's a good thing that all over America there are true armed christians who are willing to sacrifice some of their their ammunition in order to take back this country the way GOD wants us to do.

Just because you say it's not true, doesn't mean it is. And there's nothing I've said that you can prove is NOT true.

I have a concealed weapon permit and I'm going to Walmart to try and provoke someone to attack me so I can stand my ground. If no one bites, I'll just run around and pull down the masks of other shoppers and spit in their faces for trying to take away MY freedoms.

True- My90 year old aunt had a concealed weapon permit. Due to Parkinson's, she couldn't be trusted with a salt shaker, but she had a revolver in her nightstand.

by Anonymousreply 295July 19, 2020 7:52 PM

R277 why so hostile? It's true that white skin used to be a sign of wealth and dark equaled manual labor and then reversed when the jet set started summering in Cannes and Miami and sunbathing equaled leisure and wealth because and white skin denoted being stuck inside working.

by Anonymousreply 296July 19, 2020 7:56 PM

Scenic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297July 19, 2020 7:56 PM

It's obviously an Antifa terorist attack and I will be sending in a federal force to San Francisco in order to protect innocent people from getting murdered

by Anonymousreply 298July 19, 2020 8:03 PM

Why am I so suspicious of places with diagonal parking?

by Anonymousreply 299July 19, 2020 8:07 PM

I'm thinking the sheriff may have just meant an unusually brutal violent crime scene by the word massacre.

He obviously didn't spend as much time on word selection as some of us on DL

by Anonymousreply 300July 19, 2020 8:08 PM

I want to start a band and name it The Grady Judd Band. That is the best name I've heard in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 301July 19, 2020 8:10 PM

Who has had the sheriff

So manly

That uniform

by Anonymousreply 302July 19, 2020 8:16 PM

This just screams drug deal gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 303July 19, 2020 8:17 PM

R301 Over on the extinct animals brought back to life thread someone wants to name a band the Koala Sluts.

by Anonymousreply 304July 19, 2020 8:30 PM

Ok is it just me? Pull up Frostproof on Google Maps. The town is shaped like an anus. The anus is between Lake Clench and Lake Ready? I think some urban planner was having some fun back in the day. Clinch/Reedy

by Anonymousreply 305July 19, 2020 8:34 PM

Wild Things 3

by Anonymousreply 306July 19, 2020 8:36 PM

I think that little pitchers have big ears means that kids hear everything.

But apparently, I have acquired a stalker for some reason, so I am sure I will be corrected and it was some Alice in Wonderland quote.

r277, so that is all your left with? Insults? How very sad for you. Guess it hurts getting owned twice in one thread.

r290 Are you discounting the fact that redneck existed long before the coal miner reference? Just curious

by Anonymousreply 307July 19, 2020 8:40 PM

FIshing= Making Meth?

by Anonymousreply 308July 19, 2020 8:43 PM

Has there ever been a frost in Frostproof? Even if the answer is no, I think it's an awful name for a town.

by Anonymousreply 309July 19, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote] How much blood has to be spilled about and what extreme level of carnage for it to be labeled a massacre?

More than three strapping yutes. If you toss in women and children, it could be as few as four. But with strapping yutes, probably 5, unless they were tied up and shot, execution style, in the backs of their heads.

by Anonymousreply 310July 19, 2020 8:57 PM

Didn't read the whole thread, but it's possible they stumbled onto a crime in process.

by Anonymousreply 311July 19, 2020 8:59 PM

It is either a Covid Party gone bad or the unmarked Federal police have a secret training facility and the local boys came across it and had to be neutralized.

"Here, we'll put it in this little shithole called Frostproof. Nobody will even know we are there."

by Anonymousreply 312July 19, 2020 9:00 PM

Travels with My Aunt Jemima

by Anonymousreply 313July 19, 2020 9:01 PM

^ Sorry. Wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2020 9:02 PM

I’ll say.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2020 9:03 PM

If Biden becomes president, fishing trip massacres will happen every day - manicure massacres too!

by Anonymousreply 316July 19, 2020 9:05 PM

Manicure massacres. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 317July 19, 2020 9:12 PM

R206 it was funny the first 8 times before you posted it

by Anonymousreply 318July 19, 2020 9:20 PM

You don't get it, it's happening NOW, you don't hear about them because all the police have been defunded, that's why I had to shoot them. They were democrats and I felt threatened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319July 19, 2020 9:27 PM

R235

[quote] must of been

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 320July 19, 2020 9:46 PM

Frostproof is pretty much landlocked, for Florida.

These guys were, specifically, catfishing. I can believe they were both night fishing & finalizing a drug deal. I don't think Dad was the killer. I think Dad did know about a possible drug deal, though.

The age differences between the 3 friends is kind of a lot for people in their 20s, but it's a small town. IME, in small towns, friendships are more disparate. People go outside their normal zones just because there aren't that many options.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 19, 2020 10:30 PM

R32 Ah, meth dealers and users?

by Anonymousreply 322July 19, 2020 11:50 PM

The murderer forced them to perform You Gotta Have a Gimmick from Gypsy and when they fucked up the words and choreography, he shot them. The one was calling his father to find out if the words were "Bump it with trumpet" or "Strumpet with a trumpet." Dad raced out there with the sheet music, but it was too late.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323July 20, 2020 12:15 AM

Robert Downey Jr plays the sheriff in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 324July 20, 2020 12:24 AM

Were they near a camp?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 20, 2020 12:33 AM

One of them had a record for meth--more than once, so that seems pretty likely. Also armed robbery & larceny, so someone was probably better with a gun than them. the sheriff had arrested at least two of them multiple times before.

by Anonymousreply 326July 20, 2020 12:36 AM

Hillbilly bump

by Anonymousreply 327July 20, 2020 1:59 AM

DRUGS hunty!

by Anonymousreply 328July 20, 2020 2:06 AM

Wow this thread exploded! Do we know anything new so I don’t have to read through all the replies? Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 329July 20, 2020 2:39 AM

I find it interesting that some of the local comments included a line like “even they didn’t deserve this,” meaning to me that these youths were well known in the community

by Anonymousreply 330July 20, 2020 4:53 AM

It also suggests that a good part of the community knew their actions might lead to their demise. Most everyone there who are familiar with these families also suspect or personally know the killer(s).

by Anonymousreply 331July 20, 2020 5:52 AM

I feel the sheriff's attempted whitewashing with "wholesome fishing" is to make the case as sad and palatable as possible for the masses outside of Frostproof.

Trashy drug addicts don't draw much sympathy, and the case (and sheriff) lose publicity if the dead aren't appealing on some level.

by Anonymousreply 332July 20, 2020 8:00 AM

Found this info on FB...

"Did anyone here watch the YouTube live stream of the investigator who talked to locals today?

In it, there are 2 theories: 1- Damion sleeping with a married lady. Her husband beat him up about a month ago and said to stop seeing her. He didn’t tho. Damion is on camera at Dollar General store being followed by a car on Friday night. It sorta sounded like it might be this lady’s husband and his friends following Damion

2- Keven owes money to some people who keep coming around the trailer that he lives in with his dad, saying they want to collect. Keven’s dad gets fed up, kicks Keven out at gunpoint Friday night. Oddly enough, Keven’s dad is the only family member not to come by the crime scene and police have been out at his house questioning him.

Both theories given to the reporter from family members/loved ones of the 3 murdered men. I really want to see what you all think after watching it?"

by Anonymousreply 333July 20, 2020 8:10 AM

Damion has a girlfriend on his FB page. Hot damn it would suck to have your boyfriend murdered and then also discover he'd been cheating, with the general public knowing it as well.

Florida is a heap of crazy shit with Mickey Mouse plopped on top.

by Anonymousreply 334July 20, 2020 8:15 AM

Mexican mafia. They probably--stupidly--ripped them off in some way and got IT.

by Anonymousreply 335July 20, 2020 9:54 AM

Found this info on FB...

"Did anyone here watch the YouTube live stream of the investigator who talked to locals today?

In it, there are 2 theories: 1- Damion sleeping with a married lady. Her husband beat him up about a month ago and said to stop seeing her. He didn’t tho. Damion is on camera at Dollar General store being followed by a car on Friday night. It sorta sounded like it might be this lady’s husband and his friends following Damion

2- Keven owes money to some people who keep coming around the trailer that he lives in with his dad, saying they want to collect. Keven’s dad gets fed up, kicks Keven out at gunpoint Friday night. Oddly enough, Keven’s dad is the only family member not to come by the crime scene and police have been out at his house questioning him.

Both theories given to the reporter from family members/loved ones of the 3 murdered men. I really want to see what you all think after watching it?"

This town desperately needs a reality TV show; it's like The Andy Griffith Show - only on meth. The Dollar General Store is the central of town life (such as it is). There's not just meth dealing, but scandalous affairs with cougars, getting kicked out of trailers, the Mexican (or possibly Filipino) mafia. Andy Cohen needs to get on this!

by Anonymousreply 336July 20, 2020 10:20 AM

Did they know who Faye Dunaway was? Who Jesus was, and what praying is?

by Anonymousreply 337July 20, 2020 11:57 AM

romanticizing a bad drug deal with 3 pin head mouth breathing criminals with extensive criminal records.

by Anonymousreply 338July 20, 2020 12:49 PM

R336, Let's skip the reality show and just go straight to a South Park episode.

by Anonymousreply 339July 20, 2020 1:20 PM

It's the Ruth Langmore/convenience store chick.

by Anonymousreply 340July 20, 2020 1:30 PM

Who took Daisy Mae's shift at the 7/11 when she raced off to the crime scene? Surely she didn't just lock the front door and put a sign on it: "Closed on accounta murder."

by Anonymousreply 341July 20, 2020 2:48 PM

Sounds like one of those murders where everyone in the town had a reason to kill the victims.

Looks like ole Grady Judd may need to call in some reinforcements. This is going to be a tough one to solve.

by Anonymousreply 342July 20, 2020 2:54 PM

Are we sure it was a fishing trip and not a fisTing trip?

by Anonymousreply 343July 20, 2020 3:09 PM

Grady Judd is a great name for a movie character.

by Anonymousreply 344July 20, 2020 3:11 PM

I love Grady Judd and how he spun the tale of these meth head inbred cheaters into that of life long buddies out on a wholesome night catfishing trip. He should write children's books after he retires.

by Anonymousreply 345July 20, 2020 4:41 PM

Grady Judd sounds like the evil, racist sheriff in every movie set in the Jim Crow era South

by Anonymousreply 346July 20, 2020 4:58 PM

R345 "The Three Little Meth Heads' Big ol' Adventure"

by Anonymousreply 347July 20, 2020 5:03 PM

I could tell you a thing or two about "Sheriff Grady"

by Anonymousreply 348July 20, 2020 5:08 PM

If he wasn't named Grady it would be "Bubba".

by Anonymousreply 349July 20, 2020 5:41 PM

Someone didn't squeal like a little piggie.

by Anonymousreply 350July 20, 2020 5:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351July 20, 2020 5:54 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352July 20, 2020 5:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 353July 20, 2020 5:56 PM

There’s a news story from a few weeks ago regarding drug related homicides in the county where Frost Proof is located. Specifically it was about marijuana growing wars. I will see if I can find the link.

by Anonymousreply 354July 20, 2020 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 20, 2020 5:57 PM

I guess there's not a whole lot to do in Crackerville, Florida, besides taking drugs and getting killed.

by Anonymousreply 356July 20, 2020 5:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 20, 2020 5:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358July 20, 2020 5:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359July 20, 2020 5:58 PM

That's a hard looking 30 at R353.

by Anonymousreply 360July 20, 2020 5:58 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361July 20, 2020 6:03 PM

I'd like to see a picture of Daisy Mae from the convenience store. Maybe due to her age, Daily Mail did not post. Yes, R361, Daily Mail does come through with the photos & "info."

by Anonymousreply 362July 20, 2020 6:05 PM

[quote]Fishing at 10 pm that doesn't sound right at all. Then you call your dad, not the police? Something sounds off about this story.

A redneck can't wipe his ass without calling his daddy, and the women are no better' if woulded in an accident they would call four family members and be put on speaker phone so granny could listen all before anyone thought to call emergency services.

by Anonymousreply 363July 20, 2020 6:14 PM

Keven looks HOT with the beard!

by Anonymousreply 364July 20, 2020 6:48 PM

The Alamanda Citgo might be the convenience store.

by Anonymousreply 365July 20, 2020 6:50 PM

Rollins has kind of a mean or jerk face.

by Anonymousreply 366July 20, 2020 6:50 PM

A jealous girlfriend taking out three men in a bloody rampage makes a great story but Occam's Razor says one group of men hopped up on something took out another group of men hopped up on something.

by Anonymousreply 367July 20, 2020 6:58 PM

Grady Judd sounds like a Stephen King character.

by Anonymousreply 368July 20, 2020 7:09 PM

I looked up the definition of “meth head”, and the pic at R351 came up as an example. Sure looks like the epitome of meth head to me. Geeesh!

by Anonymousreply 369July 20, 2020 7:47 PM

R337, I'm racking my brain to try and identify the song you're quoting without looking it up.

by Anonymousreply 370July 20, 2020 7:55 PM

What cheese do you recommend to spread on these crackers?

by Anonymousreply 371July 20, 2020 8:01 PM

At least half a dozen murders in the past few months in this county.

by Anonymousreply 372July 20, 2020 8:23 PM

It's from "Tommy" (The Who), R370.

by Anonymousreply 373July 20, 2020 8:23 PM

#MethHeadlivematter, people!

I'm not surprised the DM is all over this - they love redneck antics! If there's some beat down at Walmart, obese children getting into fist fights or all manner of redneck/lowlife chicanery, they pull out all the stops. I guess they can't spend *all* their time harassing the BRF

by Anonymousreply 374July 20, 2020 11:02 PM

Yes! Thank you, R373.

by Anonymousreply 375July 20, 2020 11:25 PM

Remember this, about 7 years ago?

Rural road in Tennessee, 4 young friends shot dead in a car......."marijuana exchange."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 20, 2020 11:57 PM

Why would these clean cut fishermen be involved with drugs? They were probably on the way to a Bible study meeting

by Anonymousreply 377July 21, 2020 12:08 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378July 21, 2020 12:19 AM

It was 10PM at night and they look like meth heads. It's horrible this happened, but I'll be shocked if drugs aren't involved.

by Anonymousreply 379July 21, 2020 12:23 AM

I just read the Daily Fail latest article. The sheriff said he thinks the 3 guys were “boxed in” with cars and couldn't escape. The also said it wasn’t a drug deal gone wrong

On a separate topic, The Daily Fail is so hard to navigate. Ridiculous amount of pop ups

by Anonymousreply 380July 21, 2020 1:23 AM

they were beaten and shot. Two of the victims have extensive records involving meth.

Boxed in?

What does that mean?

I refuse to use that website, it's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 381July 21, 2020 1:27 AM

[quote]Boxed in? What does that mean?

Blocked from moving their vehicles by other vehicles by forming a box around them.

Rose.

by Anonymousreply 382July 21, 2020 1:31 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383July 21, 2020 1:39 AM

Oh, my word! Dad is wearing a pink t shirt advertising "Will trade wife for tractor"

🚜 😂

by Anonymousreply 384July 21, 2020 1:46 AM

[Quote] Oh, my word! Dad is wearing a pink t shirt advertising "Will trade wife for tractor"

Sight unseen, I doubt he could barter his wife for a tractor.

by Anonymousreply 385July 21, 2020 2:21 AM

He's lucky to even have a wife, probably.

by Anonymousreply 386July 21, 2020 2:55 AM

That sheriff sure likes the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 387July 21, 2020 3:13 AM

If I were drunk I’d probably let Keven and Brandon hit it if I were drunk but not the youngest one

by Anonymousreply 388July 21, 2020 3:17 AM

"Sight unseen, I doubt he could barter his wife for a tractor."

Hey, that's no way to talk about a guy's cousin!

by Anonymousreply 389July 21, 2020 3:17 AM

It smells like a DRP (drug related problem) to me. I'm betting they started cooking meth and were out there doing a deal with the competition. Set up to die. Could also be a revenge killing for a bad batch that killed someone or ripping someone off.

Sometimes two bit junkie punks have enough nerve to rob a dealer, but the dealer has friends.

by Anonymousreply 390July 21, 2020 3:25 AM

[quote]If I were drunk I’d probably let Keven and Brandon hit it if I were drunk but not the youngest one

I think you're already drunk and should probably quit posting before you embarrass yourself further.

by Anonymousreply 391July 21, 2020 3:28 AM

[quote] Of the killers Sheriff [Grady] Judd added: 'Think about this - they've already killed three people. Could your children be next? [Grady] added Monday afternoon: 'We don't believe they are out looking for people but we also know for whatever reason that somebody else crosses their path and makes them mad they have nothing more to lose.

Sheriff Grady sure is not comforting; he's fear mongering. What an idiot. I thought law enforcement was supposed to make you feel safe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392July 21, 2020 3:28 AM

Quote at 392 was from Daily Mail.

by Anonymousreply 393July 21, 2020 3:29 AM

Well, Sheriff Judd, I don't want realism, I want magic!

by Anonymousreply 394July 21, 2020 3:34 AM

Is there any local paper in Frostproof that is covering this, that has a comments section? It's usually in those comments of locals that you can find out what's really going on.

by Anonymousreply 395July 21, 2020 3:34 AM

Yes, r395, you're right. I'm sorry Topix closed down their local forums. Holly Bobo's murderers were named there years before mainstream media named them.

(Of course, I'm still not convinced the guy convicted is the right guy(s).)

by Anonymousreply 396July 21, 2020 3:39 AM

Meth as a cottage industry is pretty much dead because of cheap Mexican sourced meth. More likely a drug deal than drug making. The idea that there are maniacs out there who kill felons in the woods is just ridiculous. The sheriff clearly likes to run his mouth and is probably part of some corrupt local machine that's kept him in office forever.

by Anonymousreply 397July 21, 2020 11:37 AM

R352 - was he presenting hole in that pic?

by Anonymousreply 398July 21, 2020 12:00 PM

The sheriff claims it wasn't a drug deal gone bad--not sure what that means except maybe no drugs were found at the scene (though perhaps they were buying).

by Anonymousreply 399July 21, 2020 3:00 PM

Two rural redneck gangs at war? Making America great again!

by Anonymousreply 400July 21, 2020 3:14 PM

[quote]his department is offering a $5,000 for any information leading to the capture of the killers.

Only $5,000 for three murders?

by Anonymousreply 401July 21, 2020 3:31 PM

it's up to $30K

by Anonymousreply 402July 21, 2020 3:34 PM

I'm this man-eating bed and I lock. But a butter knife opens me you found, and inside are such glorious treasures: sets of packaged sheets with the thrice-marked down close-out prices still on. Tempting to change the scratchy polyester sheets on the bed for these cotton one, but they smell like the inside of a Dollar Store, even through the thick plastic packaging. I'm two extension cords and a tiny portable heater, with burn marks. I'm emptied out and washed bottles of Molton & Brown body wash and shampoo and conditioner; beside me are the cheap stuff that will be put into me and smell nothing like Re-Charge . Black Pepper. I'm a three piles of towels that used to be in a stick. Is that jizz on the one? I'm bags of cleaning supplies and vacuum cleaner replacement bags. I'm the batteries you're looking for for the remote controls, but you won't find me here. Other guest have been here before you, that's why my lock pops open from a sideways glance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 403July 21, 2020 3:50 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Which is the entire GDP of Frostproof, Florida.

by Anonymousreply 404July 21, 2020 3:54 PM

To shed some light on the atmosphere in Polk County... Most people in central Florida know that Polk County is a hotbed (so to speak) of child pornography. The linked story is only the latest bust. There were 17 men arrested in 2019, 11 in 2018, 42 in March, 2017, and another 39 in May, 2017, all in Polk County. I'm sure there are more.

I don't think the child porn has anything to do with these killings -- but knowing that at least sets the stage for you to do your theorizing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405July 21, 2020 4:25 PM

Please r405. It's like summoning Beetlejuice.

by Anonymousreply 406July 21, 2020 4:28 PM

R405, I'm sensing that there are a lot of law enforcement officers in Polk county who really love their jobs, especially gathering and analyzing evidence.

No matter- That is totally fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 407July 21, 2020 5:39 PM

Right, R407. The sheriff's department seems to have a full complement of CSI and Forensics and other speciality vehicles at their command.

Photo from February 17 shows some of the same vehicles that reappear in the latest crime, "'Out-of-control' murder suspect fatally shot by Polk County SWAT team, sheriff says"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408July 21, 2020 6:44 PM

408 replies and no one has made a joke involving Frostbite Falls?

DataLounge, you're slipping!

by Anonymousreply 409July 21, 2020 8:05 PM

In a post-columbine world you would think that people would know that 3 murdered is not a "massacre".

by Anonymousreply 410July 21, 2020 8:14 PM

[quote]Is there any local paper in Frostproof that is covering this, that has a comments section?

A. You're assuming people in Frostproof can read.

B. There's a toilet paper shortage on, ain't nobody got time for comments section. Now, rip me off a piece.

by Anonymousreply 411July 21, 2020 9:55 PM

[quote]In a post-columbine world you would think that people would know that 3 murdered is not a "massacre".

(Oxford Dictionary) mas·sa·cre. noun. an indiscriminate and brutal slaughter of people.

Is a Broadway show still not a Broadway show, even if it wins no Tony?

Is a penis still not a penis at 5 inches rather than 9?

And Columbine is capitalized.

by Anonymousreply 412July 21, 2020 10:00 PM

Meanwhile in Kissimmee, bitches are twerking in the streets

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 21, 2020 10:23 PM

What if the sheriff plotted the "massacre" down to the turns in the case that will unfold as evidence and new theories surface in his twice daily briefings? What if the point were to get more money for his department, to get more mobile crime labs, but most of all to get more air time and land himself a Netflix series as the most famous sheriff in the U.S.?

It's a least a better than average very special Lifetime Movie

by Anonymousreply 414July 21, 2020 10:35 PM

That actually isn't a bad movie idea, R414.

by Anonymousreply 415July 21, 2020 10:41 PM

They would have died of the Corona anyway.

by Anonymousreply 416July 21, 2020 10:41 PM

Grady ain't got time for none of that R414. He's got criminals to arrest and drugs to find and destroy.

by Anonymousreply 417July 21, 2020 10:41 PM

Likely the Sheriff is the main dealer in town.

by Anonymousreply 418July 21, 2020 10:43 PM

Judd had the basket ball hoops removed from the local jail leaving the prisoners nothing to do during recreation but walk around the blacktop. Donated them to schools and churches.

He is a mean SOB.

by Anonymousreply 419July 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Maybe David Arquette is available to play the sheriff, in a promotion from his signature Deputy Dewey role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 420July 21, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] They would have died of the Corona anyway.

In the south, it's referred to as, "The Covid."

You were close.

by Anonymousreply 421July 22, 2020 1:13 AM

LAKELAND, Fla. – Polk County Sheriff's detectives are asking for the public's help identifying suspects after three men were "viciously murdered" on their way to fish in a remote area late Friday night.

The three men, who had been friends for years, were fatally beaten and shot, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said at a media briefing Saturday. A manhunt is now underway for the killers and there is a $30,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.

Describing the “quiet, quaint” community surrounded by groves, forest and cattle ranches, Judd said the area where the killings happened was “about as far out in the woods as you can get.”

“This is a horrific scene. I have been to a lot of murder scenes in my life and this ranks up with the worst of them,” Judd said. “They were viciously murdered.”

Judd identified the victims as Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins, 27. Police do not typically release victim's names, but Judd said the families of the victims gave the sheriff's office permission to do so.

According to the preliminary investigation, Judd said, it appeared that Tillman arrived first in his red pickup, and that while he was being killed, Rollins and Springfield arrived in a white pickup and were shot.

Just after 10 p.m. Friday, Rollins called his dad on his cellphone and asked for help. Judd said Rollins’ father knew his son was fishing with his two friends and drove to the site.

Upon arriving, the father found his son barely alive and the two friends dead.

“In Brandon’s father’s excitement to run to help his son, he forgot his cellphone at home. So now he is out in the middle, as you can see, of no place without any communication,” Judd said. The father drove back to the nearest convenience store to call 911 and said “my son needs help.”

A 17-year-old daughter of the convenience store’s owner jumped into the vehicle of Rollins’ father and the two drove back to the scene on Lake Streety Road, Judd said.

Polk County EMS, Polk Fire Rescue and Polk County Sheriff's Office were notified, but by the time they arrived, Rollins had died of his injuries. Judd said Rollins was able to say a few things to his dad before he died, which the sheriff’s office hasn't revealed.

Judd said that the sheriff's office believes there may have been more than one killer and asked the public for help identifying the suspects. The sheriff said he does not know whether the killers knew the victims at this point in the investigation, but noted that the murders took place on a clay dirt road "way out in the middle of God's country."

"You just don't stumble upon somebody out here," Judd said. "It's not like there's a lot of people out here."

The department is offering a $30,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest. Judd originally raised the reward from $5,000 to $15,000. Then, the Florida Department of Law Enforcement stepped in with another $10,000. The Florida Sheriff’s Association added $5,000.

“We are seeking leads, we need help so that we can solve this crime sooner rather than later,” said Judd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 22, 2020 12:03 PM

As mentioned often above, there are so many fishy holes in that initial report.

by Anonymousreply 423July 22, 2020 12:06 PM

[quote] there are so many fishy holes

I'll say!!

by Anonymousreply 424July 22, 2020 2:05 PM

Can I have their tackle boxes?

by Anonymousreply 425July 22, 2020 2:22 PM

Have they cast the L&O episode yet? I'd like to read for the daughter. A small, yet pivotal role.

by Anonymousreply 426July 22, 2020 2:35 PM

Sorry, Sally, we've cast Catherine Zeta-Jones as the convenience store owner's daughter.

by Anonymousreply 427July 22, 2020 4:10 PM

This thread reminds me of how David Arquette used to exist! He was even somewhat relevant.

by Anonymousreply 428July 22, 2020 4:33 PM

They caught the guys

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429July 22, 2020 4:43 PM

Go, Grady!

by Anonymousreply 430July 22, 2020 4:45 PM

"An extremely roool area..."

by Anonymousreply 431July 22, 2020 4:49 PM

Sheriff Grady is hella dramatic.

by Anonymousreply 432July 22, 2020 4:53 PM

Creepy - news conference

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433July 22, 2020 4:58 PM

Naturally, the 3 suspects look like crackheads. They overheard one of the victims talking about going night fishing with friends while all of them were at a Dollar General. Of course.

by Anonymousreply 434July 22, 2020 4:58 PM

230 felony charges?

Over-achiever.

by Anonymousreply 435July 22, 2020 5:11 PM

and how the hell is someone with 230 felony charges just roaming the streets???

by Anonymousreply 436July 22, 2020 5:13 PM

"He's a thug, he's a criminal. He's pure evil in the flesh. He's wild and he's out of control" A bit strong for a felon killing other felons over something that sounds like another felony committed by a felon (who was killed).

by Anonymousreply 437July 22, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]3 friends on fishing trip killed in 'massacre,'

Something smells fishy, there is more to this story, you wait.

by Anonymousreply 438July 22, 2020 5:27 PM

Robert is an old looking 21 year old.

So the story so far is that the three victims and three suspects were in Dollar General. One of the suspects thought one of the victims had stolen his truck. Suspects over heard victims say they were going fishing so they followed them out and one suspect confronted one victim over the stolen truck and then shot all three. Suspects then went and ordered McDonalds.

Given the main suspect has 230 prior charges and is currently out on bail for breaking a man's arm with a crowbar, I guess it is possible it is as simple as that. Violent simple person attacks other simple people over possible stolen property.

by Anonymousreply 439July 22, 2020 5:45 PM

I cannot believe that one killer is 21. Goddamn Florida.

by Anonymousreply 440July 22, 2020 5:46 PM

So I guess Florida doesn't have a Three Strikes law like California.

They're just not tough on crime.

by Anonymousreply 441July 22, 2020 5:48 PM

The 21 year old was an accessory. Violent shithead kills violent shitheads.

What's funny is that the only agreement among their stories was what they ordered from McD's which seems a little much for late evening, even if it was just after a murder.

by Anonymousreply 442July 22, 2020 5:48 PM

Grady is an SOB. But damn, solved this in five days.

Hope they fry.

by Anonymousreply 443July 22, 2020 5:50 PM

How many MAGA hats did the killers own?

by Anonymousreply 444July 22, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote] Grady is an SOB. But damn, solved this in five days.

Remember, Brandon Rollins' dad, who came to the scene with no phone, heard Brandon's dying words. I'm pretty sure Brandon ID'd at least one person in his dying words.

(Rollins dad was the one who drove to the convenience store to call 911. Daisy Mae then jumped into Dad's vehicle; both returned to crime scene.)

by Anonymousreply 445July 22, 2020 6:11 PM

Grady must have attended the Lee Strasberg Institute of Method Acting.

by Anonymousreply 446July 22, 2020 6:11 PM

It's cognitive dissonance. You look at Grady and you're not thinking: "fame whore." Yet, he does seem like a fame whore.

by Anonymousreply 447July 22, 2020 6:18 PM

Who's playing Grady in the TV movie?

by Anonymousreply 448July 22, 2020 7:18 PM

Grady once referred to Joan Crawford's performance in "Mommie Dearest" as "understated."

by Anonymousreply 449July 22, 2020 7:24 PM

R448, Kevin Spacey, who else?

by Anonymousreply 450July 22, 2020 7:26 PM

Is it prudent for the sheriff to rail about the suspects being "evil in the flesh" before they have a trial? Surely that could prejudice any potential jurors?

by Anonymousreply 451July 22, 2020 7:52 PM

The reenactment by the Sheriff is priceless. He should write dialogue for Hallmark Movies.

by Anonymousreply 452July 22, 2020 7:55 PM

R451 I was thinking the same thing. He should have said, "He's allegedly pure evil in the flesh."

by Anonymousreply 453July 22, 2020 9:35 PM

I wonder what the prosecution will think of this sheriff tainting the jury pool by calling this guy a monster and saying he should be executed and what a shame he can't be massacred the same way these guys were?

by Anonymousreply 454July 22, 2020 9:42 PM

This is one of those counties where the Sheriff has to run for office. He's a politician. He's pandering to the "Axis of Evil" crowd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 22, 2020 9:46 PM

The sheriff is an attention whore and they probably knew who to arrest from the father. The big talk is meant connote strength. Also, like many crime situations--the perpetrators and the victims are not solid citizens. It would undercut the case to emphasize that.

by Anonymousreply 456July 22, 2020 9:49 PM

TJ Higgins?

Did we hear yet from Ed & Eunice? How about Mama?

That man is "wil' an' hoss-tyle!"

by Anonymousreply 457July 22, 2020 10:00 PM

Did you read the news report? Is this entire town borderline retarded? Between the 17 yr old who was allowed to go to the scene of a triple murder before the police show up to the brain dead Dollar General clerk

They talked about finding a receipt at the crime scene from Dollar General and went back there and the clerk mentioned that the dead guy had been in there and was talking to other people (just before he got murdered). Brain dead clerk didn't even think to call the cops and say, "you're never going to guess who was in here 30 minutes before he and those other two people got murdered".

The clerk never thought of going to the cops with the info, The cops had go to the clerk

by Anonymousreply 458July 22, 2020 10:12 PM

I was bizzy restocking the torlit paper, dude. Give me a break.....I don't never get one from DG!

by Anonymousreply 459July 22, 2020 10:19 PM

[quote]This is one of those counties where the Sheriff has to run for office. He's a politician. He's pandering to the "Axis of Evil" crowd.

No, Grady is a fucking tough son of a bitch and helps keep crime down in the county areas. That is what keeps getting him reelected. He's always been this way.

by Anonymousreply 460July 22, 2020 10:37 PM

[quote]They talked about finding a receipt at the crime scene from Dollar General and went back there and the clerk mentioned that the dead guy had been in there and was talking to other people (just before he got murdered).

Gee, I bet they watched the video before questioning anyone. And you don't know that the clerk didn't call in.

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 461July 22, 2020 10:39 PM

After the killings, the trio went to a McDonald’s and ordered 10 double cheeseburgers and two McChicken sandwiches, Judd told reporters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462July 22, 2020 10:40 PM

Well they had a long ass day and were hangry!

by Anonymousreply 463July 22, 2020 11:01 PM

Were T J and Keven friendly enough for T J to loan him his truck - and Keven sold the engine out of it (and then hid it)? WTF?

From one asshole to another... This is a Florida man story for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 464July 22, 2020 11:04 PM

And didn't the sheriff say the girlfriend was such a bitch that she threw a fit when they misspelled her name (and he pointed out that her name had an unusual spelling)? Love the deets, Grady.

Think we'll see him in Nancy Grace's old job on HLN?

by Anonymousreply 465July 22, 2020 11:07 PM

Sophia Lillis as the killer girlfriend!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466July 22, 2020 11:15 PM

[quote] Gee, I bet they watched the video before questioning anyone. And you don't know that the clerk didn't call in.

Actually I do. This is what the sheriff is saying to the media.

Let me guess? you think the sheriff is lying about this?

by Anonymousreply 467July 23, 2020 1:39 AM

Judd is shockingly unprofessional

by Anonymousreply 468July 23, 2020 2:03 AM

Judd is a damn tough man, but strong and courageous. He's feared by criminals in his county, but loved by the people he keeps safe.

He is a deeply emotional man and mercurial, often in tears that he doesn't mind showing.

by Anonymousreply 469July 23, 2020 2:29 AM

Who did he keep safe here?

by Anonymousreply 470July 23, 2020 2:34 AM

I wish Grady were a hot daddy

by Anonymousreply 471July 23, 2020 2:37 AM

Grady apprehended the guilty men and lady. They can't hurt the county any more. People can sleep soundly tonight and turn off the lights. Grady got the monsters.

by Anonymousreply 472July 23, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]Let me guess? you think the sheriff is lying about this?

Actually I was half-watching so I might have missed that particular sentence. But I do know, having been born and raised in Polk County, with some of the communities being so small with everyone knowing everyone else and their business, the cashier probably feared for his life when the killings got out.

by Anonymousreply 473July 23, 2020 2:43 AM

Well, DL sleuths. We have solved this week's crimes. Coast to Coast, different climates, and vastly different cultures.

Mermaids of the sea, dismembered and headless twinks, MRA shitheads, and backwoods meth head massacres. We've seen it all.

Let us thank the condors, k-pop fans, foreign broadway, Saleh's sister cousin, and last, but certainly not least-....

Polk County Sheriff Extraordinaire- Grady Judd

Where to next, my friends?

by Anonymousreply 474July 23, 2020 2:43 AM

So was the convenience store bitch really named Daisy Mae?

by Anonymousreply 475July 23, 2020 2:45 AM

The three suspects are so lucky Florida has the death penalty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476July 23, 2020 3:17 AM

Did any of them ever date Mama June? Maybe all of them?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477July 23, 2020 3:55 AM

Tasteful Friends, this delightful home in Frostproof, Florida can be yours for only $75,300 and the furniture conveys! You'll enjoy all the wonderful outdoor activities in the area like night fishing, drug picnics, and burying bodies in shallow graves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478July 23, 2020 4:01 AM

Read all about it in the Frostbite Daily Ridge. They even have a section called "Mugshot of the Day" and something called Polkobits that is their obituary section. Oh boy, who came up with that one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 479July 23, 2020 4:10 AM

Two of the late night fishermen are in the obituaries.

by Anonymousreply 480July 23, 2020 4:12 AM

r479 I'd have bet anything you were making all that up until I saw it, and more, in the pic. Some body/committee/coin tosser thought all that was a good idea? It's beyond funny/sad and is firmly embedded in the surreal.

by Anonymousreply 481July 23, 2020 4:21 AM

One of the victims, Kevin Springfield, 30, had EIGHT children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482July 23, 2020 4:21 AM

Makes sense he was the cute one r482

by Anonymousreply 483July 23, 2020 4:28 AM

They really need to get a new obit writer!

In Rollins' obit, it says one of his hobbies was wheeling and dealing....

by Anonymousreply 484July 23, 2020 4:39 AM

What is the Frostproof gay subculture like?

by Anonymousreply 485July 23, 2020 4:43 AM

I Yelp'd "bars" in Frostproof and "Y'All Come Back Saloon" seems like the local hot spot. Not sure if it's gay-friendly.

Anyway, some important Yelp reviews:

[quote] The bartender walks around with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth[.]

[quote] It's a seedy, divey bar with ash trays at every seat so you can smoke until your heart's... um.. content?? It's right off the highway in a small town and it may be the only place open in these parts...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 486July 23, 2020 6:24 AM

Brandon--loved hog hunting, always wheeling and dealing (drugs, that is), equipment operator in lawn care (i.e., he cut your grass)--I guess the funeral home dressed things up a bit. Grandparents include Betty Sue and Billy Jack

Keven--8 children, no wonder he stole and did drugs.

Which one was sleeping with a cougar?

by Anonymousreply 487July 23, 2020 1:36 PM

Would anyone else be scared shitless to visit the Y'all Come Back Saloon or is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 488July 23, 2020 1:38 PM

I've been in worse, R438, but I don't see a draw, and I haven't set foot in Florida and at this point won't do unless there's some much better reason than the Y'all Come Back Saloon.

[quote]“quiet, quaint” community surrounded by groves, forest and cattle ranches, Judd said the scene area was “about as far out in the woods as you can get.”

Only if by "wuaint" you mean not Jessica Fletcher's Cabot Cove but a sprawling, sunken, sad landscape of meth heads, disillusioned dickheads, rode hard rednecks, microcephalics, people who look easily 20 or 30 years beyond their age, rough ass bunch of people who never got past "them" to learn the word "those."

by Anonymousreply 489July 23, 2020 1:50 PM

Only if by *quaint

by Anonymousreply 490July 23, 2020 1:51 PM

Kevin looks like the type who when he gets enough beers into him will fuck anything that drops trou and bends over. I like that in a man.

Meanwhile, slaughter three people and then go to MacDonalds for 10 double cheeseburgers and 2 McChickens? Sounds about Florida Man right.

by Anonymousreply 491July 23, 2020 2:09 PM

The glamour of it all!

by Anonymousreply 492July 23, 2020 2:22 PM

After the killings, the trio went to a McDonald’s and ordered 10 double cheeseburgers and two McChicken sandwiches, Judd told reporters.

I've always preferred Taco Bell following a brutal homicide; cleans out the colon! But it's really a personal taste

In regards to the house at R478, it really doesn't offer enough counter space for dismembering bodies, but the weird teddy bear in the living room will be useful for crime scene photos when the room is splattered with blood

by Anonymousreply 493July 23, 2020 2:31 PM

Will they still get their stimulus checks in jail? Can they still vote for Trump? So many questions...

by Anonymousreply 494July 23, 2020 2:33 PM

Macho, macho man - I've got to be, a macho man - Macho, macho man - I've got to be a macho! All Right! - You can tell a macho, he has a funky walk - His western shirts and leather, always look so boss - Funky with his body, he's a king - Call him Mister Ego, dig his chains - You can best believe that, he's a macho man - Likes to be the leader, he never dresses grand - Hey! Hey! Hey, hey, hey! - Macho, macho man - I've got to be, a macho man

by Anonymousreply 495July 23, 2020 2:35 PM

So there's some idiot on DL living in Polk County and bragging about the rough, tough sheriff? R460, R469?

Jesus, if I lived in Polk County, I sure wouldn't be announcing it here -- or bragging about the sheriff.

Does Sheriff Judd hang out on DL? Does his butt-boy? Inquiring minds want to know!

by Anonymousreply 496July 23, 2020 2:54 PM

Have these guys ever circle jerked to porn while getting high?

It happens. I've done it with straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 497July 23, 2020 3:12 PM

Rednecks like buttboys. You'd be surprised how fun it can be to live in the South.

by Anonymousreply 498July 23, 2020 3:14 PM

R498 speaks the truth ! I grew up in n. fl in the redneckiest of redneck area ,and from 12 on I never lacked for dick . I was so femme I stood out like a turd in the punchbowl,but it stood me in marvelous stead as them boys LOVED to get some head or ass . All very hush hush of course. I was the soul of discretion and never uttered a peep about who or what I was doing,so it kept me a steady supply of regulars. Back then I never had a problem with any of them either as I grew up with them ,went to scouts and school with them,played baseball with them,etc. So I never was hassled for being such a queen. Since I had always been that way everyone just said "Oh that just him" . Lots of dick,lots of memories.

by Anonymousreply 499July 23, 2020 3:27 PM

Talking to the bartender with the ciggie hanging out of her mouth:

"Dixie Kay, bring me Bud Ligh."

by Anonymousreply 500July 23, 2020 3:42 PM

There does seem to be a Sheriff Grady supporter on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 501July 23, 2020 4:44 PM

something about dumbass redneck drama queens that dlers find irresistible

by Anonymousreply 502July 23, 2020 5:00 PM

As you must know, R52, there are more mysteries on DL than there are lakes and mysteries combined in all of Florida.

by Anonymousreply 503July 23, 2020 7:03 PM

Sorry: R502 (not 52)

by Anonymousreply 504July 23, 2020 7:05 PM

I said I was born and raised in Polk, not that I still live there you asshole. I'm guessing you've never been, so you don't know what it was or is like.

At one time, miles of citrus, cattle and phosphate. Good, honest, hardworking people. Not a lot of Confederate love, in fact only one monument in the entire county ever erected. Gun racks, a plenty, but there is a lot of hunting in these parts with miles and miles of scrub forest and fields. And a shitload of lakes.

pre-Disney attractions included Cypress Gardens (now Legoland), Masterpiece Gardens and Bok Tower.

Florida Southern College which is the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture in the world. The Chalet Suzanne in Lake Wales was an eclectic restaurant with an International reputation and clientele. A can or two of their soup is seen in the Grey Gardens documentary.

Gram Parsons was born in Winter Haven. One of many entertainers, military, politicians and more to come from here.

Insult me and Polk all you want. You are a faceless twat on a (at times) sub-par forum.

You should go for a visit. I highly recommend the fishing in Frostproof. Better at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 505July 23, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote]something about dumbass redneck drama queens that dlers find irresistible

It's like [italic]S-Town[/italic] meets [italic]Deliverance[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 506July 23, 2020 7:41 PM

[quote]One of the victims, Kevin Springfield, 30, had EIGHT children.

Mmm. So much hotter when you know it works. Momma's wet.

by Anonymousreply 507July 23, 2020 7:59 PM

Yeah, it's hot when people are too dumb to figure out how birth control works

by Anonymousreply 508July 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Just have to ask a question here.

Anybody think a Black man with 230 felony criminal charges in his arrest history from ages 12 yrs to 26 yrs (his age currently) would be on the street?

Anybody think a Black man would have been on the street after his first felony at 12 yrs old? Maybe?

by Anonymousreply 509July 23, 2020 8:31 PM

Keven wouldn’t have had to pay so much child support if he had spent more time in the company of men.

by Anonymousreply 510July 23, 2020 8:37 PM

Most black men with long felonies are out on the street. Most people bond or bail out and so many get early release. It seems pretty arbitrary as to who ends up in jail for long periods and who doesn't. Most get released as the jails and prisons are too crowded.

by Anonymousreply 511July 23, 2020 8:41 PM

Boosterishness is tiresome regardless of whether it's North Florida or anywhere else. Lots of places have famous sons and daughters and for a real sweep of FLW, you need to go to Oak Park, IL where you can see how it evolved. The sheriff may be popular down there but this seems to have been an easy case and he just seems like a publicity seeking gasbg, like a lot of elected law enforcement or DAs.

by Anonymousreply 512July 23, 2020 8:42 PM

[quote]Most black men with long felonies are out on the street.

🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

by Anonymousreply 513July 23, 2020 8:46 PM

This really would make a great Netflix movie or mini-series. Start off with the murders, then backtrack into the background and personal stories of both victims and perps.

A Massacre in Florida.

by Anonymousreply 514July 23, 2020 8:54 PM

In the Line of Duty: The FBI Murders pretty much did that on NBC in 1988.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 23, 2020 8:58 PM

r511 What you say is not the truth.

It is a fact that Black defendants get charged more heavily than their white counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 516July 23, 2020 9:08 PM

Sheriff Grady could probably have half this thread tracked down and arrested 🤔 and I have half a mind to do it.

by Anonymousreply 517July 23, 2020 9:14 PM

You know that Sheriff Grady could get to the bottom (no puns intended) of all of the tomfoolery and sheer disrespect in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 518July 23, 2020 9:43 PM

Sheriff Gravy loves the spotlight - I bet he is on the board of the Frostproof Players and always has a leading role in at least one show during the summer.....

Last season he may have played Oscar in The Odd Couple to a packed house every night!

by Anonymousreply 519July 23, 2020 11:06 PM

i feel sorry for the dad who some suspected might be involved.

by Anonymousreply 520July 23, 2020 11:22 PM

R513 Oops! Freudian slip

R516 You aren't wrong in that black men are 1.75 x more likely than a white man to get a sentence for the same crime and black men typically receive 10% longer sentences for the same crime. That doesn't change the fact that most people (black and white) that get arrested are back out on the streets in no time and that many get early release.

by Anonymousreply 521July 24, 2020 12:01 AM

I adored Sheriff Grady's turn as the Major General in Pirates of Penzance with the Polk County Savoyards! Such a delight!

by Anonymousreply 522July 24, 2020 1:49 AM

I hear Grady has already sniffed down several DLers as we speak. On the trail.

by Anonymousreply 523July 24, 2020 2:02 AM

The gays love Grady Judd!

by Anonymousreply 524July 24, 2020 2:18 AM

I love his sister and niece's music.

by Anonymousreply 525July 24, 2020 2:41 AM

Everybody, keep your pants on. Here's Grady with Turd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526July 24, 2020 2:41 AM

Young-ish Grady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527July 24, 2020 2:42 AM

Grady and wife Marisa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 24, 2020 2:44 AM

Oh my. How tall is Grady?

by Anonymousreply 529July 24, 2020 2:58 AM

Grady was never a looker and it’s just gotten worse. What man would want him now?

by Anonymousreply 530July 24, 2020 3:34 AM

How dare you, r530. Grady is HOT!

by Anonymousreply 531July 24, 2020 2:24 PM

Grady won't like the turn this thread is taking...

by Anonymousreply 532July 24, 2020 3:02 PM

Everyone in Florida is hot.

by Anonymousreply 533July 24, 2020 3:25 PM

Hot-headed?

by Anonymousreply 534July 24, 2020 3:34 PM

Hot-blooded!

by Anonymousreply 535July 24, 2020 3:57 PM

Sheriff Gravy's campaign slogan will be: "Nip it in the bud!"

by Anonymousreply 536July 24, 2020 4:57 PM

Grainy Buff is ugly as sin but he has big dick energy.

by Anonymousreply 537July 24, 2020 5:03 PM

This is a grisly, dark story. How could that maniac be walking free, ready to do this? Can you imagine the horror at the scene, though luckily did not take long to kill them. That poor guy who lingered. And then the animals go for burgers. I mean really, the mind boggles that humans can be so depraved and dead in the soul.

by Anonymousreply 538July 24, 2020 5:07 PM

"Kin I take ur ordah?"

by Anonymousreply 539July 24, 2020 5:19 PM

My, that must be one prized fishing spot.

by Anonymousreply 540July 24, 2020 5:19 PM

Hey, I saw on Twitter that they arrested some very very bad people for this

by Anonymousreply 541July 24, 2020 6:25 PM

OMG

[quote]Friends have left a bottle and a can of Mountain Dew on the memorial to Tillman, who was 23 when he died Friday night. His T-shirt is draped over the cross, a hat bearing the Confederate flag sits atop it and a friend has left a McDonald’s bacon double cheeseburger at its base.

Jesus wept.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 24, 2020 6:40 PM

In Cold Bud

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543July 24, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote] CCTV shows suspects in fishing trip 'massacre' following victim into Florida dollar store

CCTV footage from a Florida convenience store has shown the suspects arrested in connection with a fishing trip “massacre” in the same store as one of the victims just before they were murdered.

William "Robert" Wiggins, 21, Tony “TJ” Wiggins, 26, and Mary Whittemore, 27, were arrested in connection with the murder of 23-year-old Damion Tillman, 30-year-old Keven Springfield, and 27-year-old Brandon Rollins on 17 July, police announced on Wednesday.

The footage, shared by Polk Sheriff Grady Judd, shows the suspects: two brothers and a girlfriend, inside the Dollar General store in Frostproof, Florida.

The video also displays an interaction between Tillman and the older Wiggins brother as Tillman is at the store counter, police said.

Tillman and his friends were said to have been preparing to go on a fishing trip when they were murdered in a killing that Sheriff Judd described as "horrific" and a "massacre" on Friday.

A Dollar General store clerk told the authorities that on Friday, Tillman said that he and his friends were meeting at the lake and that the suspects, who were also in the store, overheard the conversation.

The 21-year-old told detectives that his brother shot all three victims and asked him to help him put Tillman into the back of one of the trucks before they drove to McDonald's, according to police.

The 26-year-old has been charged on four counts including first-degree murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

His brother and Ms Whittemore have been charged with accessory after the fact, detectives say. The older Wiggins brother and Ms Whittemore have refused to cooperate with the police.

“I’ve been to a lot of murder scenes in my life, and this ranks among the worst,” Sheriff Judd, who has worked in the sheriff’s department since 1972 said on Saturday.

All three suspects will have first appearance hearings on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544July 24, 2020 7:17 PM

Can I pet dat dawg?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 24, 2020 7:18 PM

You knew had to have had sideburns in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 546July 25, 2020 2:43 AM

I love the solid citizen bullshit i R%42. You have two violent methheads and a simpleton.

by Anonymousreply 547July 25, 2020 3:03 AM

[quote]and a friend has left a McDonald’s bacon double cheeseburger at its base.

Which lasted till one of his fat, female friends came to grieve.

by Anonymousreply 548July 25, 2020 3:18 AM

"The are drug heads"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549July 25, 2020 4:35 PM

Don't worry R548 I got nine more in the car.

by Anonymousreply 550July 25, 2020 4:45 PM

It's sad that they keep up the fiction of angels and devils. No mention of Springfield and Rollins' assorted felonies including drugs.

by Anonymousreply 551July 25, 2020 4:49 PM

"Friends have left a bottle and a can of Mountain Dew on the memorial to Tillman, who was 23 when he died Friday night. His T-shirt is draped over the cross, a hat bearing the Confederate flag sits atop it and a friend has left a McDonald’s bacon double cheeseburger at its base."

Is this the trashiest memorial of all time?

by Anonymousreply 552July 25, 2020 4:51 PM

^ I have nothing to say ... Florida *smh*

by Anonymousreply 553July 25, 2020 4:55 PM

So far R552......we'll have to wait for DJT to kick the bucket for comparison.....

by Anonymousreply 554July 25, 2020 4:56 PM

We need an intrepid DLer (along with a lesbian friend) to go to Frostproof, cozy up to Sherrif Grady, and write the tell-all. Who's gonna volunteer?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 25, 2020 6:08 PM

Jesus ! Harper Lee looked old even when she was young ! Hard to believe Truman was ever cute.

by Anonymousreply 556July 25, 2020 6:11 PM

Had R550.

by Anonymousreply 557July 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Capote looks like David Hyde Pierce in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 558July 25, 2020 7:13 PM

Seems like a lot of crime for such a small town.

by Anonymousreply 559July 25, 2020 7:38 PM

Frostproof is the Cabot Cove of the South

by Anonymousreply 560July 25, 2020 8:40 PM

R555, do you think that Datalounger will fall in love with TJ ?

by Anonymousreply 561July 25, 2020 10:24 PM

R561 From the commentary on this thread, seems likely.

R556 For sure. That was one of the things that bothered me about "Capote." I love Catherine Keener, but I thought she was terribly miscast; no matter how frumpy they tried to make her, she always looked too elegant for Nelle.

by Anonymousreply 562July 25, 2020 10:31 PM

[quote] do you think that Datalounger will fall in love with TJ ?

Probably that creepy Glenn from Lowe's. The one who is stalking Harrison.

Frostbite is just down the road from Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 563July 25, 2020 10:58 PM

People git kilt all the time here.Shit happens, ya know? You mess with a man's car or his wimmin, or his truck, or his drugs and they will kill you. Tsix a my cousins was kilt in a two year period. They could do a study of how people are gettin kilt. We'd be top of the list...for white people.

by Anonymousreply 564July 27, 2020 3:19 PM

Who goes fishing at 10pm?

by Anonymousreply 565July 27, 2020 3:26 PM

[quote]Who goes fishing at 10pm?

Helpful hint: read the thread

by Anonymousreply 566July 27, 2020 3:36 PM

[Quote] Helpful hint: read the thread

It's 566 posts long.

by Anonymousreply 567July 27, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote]It's 566 posts long.

Second helpful hint: Command+F and search "who goes fishing at 10"

by Anonymousreply 568July 27, 2020 3:42 PM

[Quote] Second helpful hint: Command+F and search "who goes fishing at 10"

Thanks, doll.

by Anonymousreply 569July 27, 2020 3:45 PM

So I guess the next day's fish fry was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 570July 27, 2020 4:45 PM

But we gone on and had the rummage sale R570 so it weren't a total bust. I got $2 each for my Girls Gone Wild videos!

by Anonymousreply 571July 27, 2020 4:53 PM

Why did this story catch on here at DL? It doesn’t exactly fit the true crime types that catch on around here.

by Anonymousreply 572July 27, 2020 5:02 PM

Fishing/Brokeback Mountain, probably.

by Anonymousreply 573July 27, 2020 5:03 PM

Virginia Woolf Whistle

by Anonymousreply 574July 27, 2020 5:27 PM

Frankie Fast Laine

by Anonymousreply 575July 27, 2020 5:28 PM

Peggy Lee Ward

by Anonymousreply 576July 27, 2020 5:29 PM

Susan St. James Version

by Anonymousreply 577July 27, 2020 5:31 PM

Sir Peter Hall-Monitor

by Anonymousreply 578July 27, 2020 5:32 PM

Terence Mann-Hole

by Anonymousreply 579July 27, 2020 5:33 PM

Wrong thread sweetheart ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 580July 27, 2020 7:52 PM

Darwin award winners in Florida always draw interest

by Anonymousreply 581July 27, 2020 8:05 PM

Lookit. Them guys are still dead, OK? Now, they caught the guys who kilt 'em. That's a fact, OK? So now it's open an' shut. Open an' shut. Dunzo. Over. That's all she wrote, OK? So ya'll best find somethin' else to pick yer noses about and let this be. No good'll come from you pickin' and pickin', and you might git more people kilt.

by Anonymousreply 582July 30, 2020 2:39 AM

This is like something from The Heart, She Holler

by Anonymousreply 583July 30, 2020 3:05 AM

[quote]Why did this story catch on here at DL? It doesn’t exactly fit the true crime types that catch on around here.

This thread has everything. Murder. Rednecks. Homosexual lust. Fishing. Meth. All that's missing is the retard on the front porch with a banjo and Ned Beatty running through the forest in his bvds.

by Anonymousreply 584July 31, 2020 6:54 PM

The first line is, well, perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585July 31, 2020 7:10 PM

R585, Bless you for making me laugh this morning!!!! That entire video of Stefon is to die for...an Italian Reggae singer called Rasta Primavera had me dying!

And R584, marry me!

by Anonymousreply 586August 2, 2020 2:59 PM

Is this MY Terminix family?

by Anonymousreply 587August 24, 2020 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!