Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

USPS letter carriers are being ordered not to deliver mail or finish their routes.

I'm starting with a Facebook post quoted in a Tweet. There are other sources, I just found this most compelling. It was quoted via Pinterest, so I couldn't cut and paste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2020 7:57 PM

US postmaster general tells postal workers to leave mail behind if it slows down their route

. . .

[quote]Mark Dimondstein, the president of the American Postal Workers Union, acknowledged USPS's rocky financial position but sharply criticized the new measures — saying they hit at the very core of the agency's mission, which is to "provide prompt, reliable, and efficient service."

[quote]"These additional moves by the new postmaster general seem to be sending the opposite message, which is that mail can wait," Dimondstein told Business Insider in a phone call on Tuesday. "It will likely undermine the mission we're dedicated to. And in terms of the people of the country, it will likely lead to slower, less prompt, and less reliable, and really less efficient, service."

more at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 16, 2020 4:22 AM

[quote]"Disturbing" memo reveals Trump's USPS chief has slowed delivery amid calls to expand voting by mail

[quote]“The people in power are trying to keep voter turnout low," MJ Hegar, newly-minted Senate candidate in Texas, says

. . .

[quote]Postmaster General Louis DeJoy, a top Trump donor who has given more than $2 million to the GOP, warned employees that the agency needed to make "difficult" decisions to stay afloat, according to a new report in The Washington Post.

. . .

[quote]DeJoy, a North Carolina businessman, ascended to the head office in May after the resignation of Ron Stroman. Stroman, who had defended the integrity of voting by mail, was reportedly forced out amid coordinated Republican attempts to undermine public faith in the service.

. . .

[quote]Vote-by-mail advocates say any new policy which slows deliveries might mean bad news for mail-in ballots, yielding delays in ballot requests and possible confusion surrounding the tabulations of votes. This represents an acute concern for upstart Democratic congressional candidates looking to pick off Republican seats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2July 16, 2020 4:25 AM

USA final last days

by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2020 4:27 AM

I had mail stolen out of my box so I opened up a po box to safeguard against that happening again.

The postal office employees have lost several packages on me; they say 1) we gave it to you (they didn't) or 2) we left it at your address

I say THIS post office is my address. "Sir, we can't help you; we GAVE YOU your package!"

"but I don't have it."

"Well, we gave it to you!"

I understand things get lost sometimes, but they are rude rude rude. The consumer has no resource; if THEIR records show the package was delivered you can't get a refund from the sender.

So freaking frustrating.

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2020 4:36 AM

R4 Mary, I appreciate your woes but seriously, there are bigger things at stake here than your lost box of dildoes.

If they fuck with mail in voting, then we're all fucked.

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2020 4:46 AM

You have a point R5.

by Anonymousreply 6July 16, 2020 4:50 AM

Of course they will fuck with the mail. This is being done OPENLY. BALD FACE AUTHORITARIAN MOVES. And the congress is dilly dallying, doing nothing.

by Anonymousreply 7July 16, 2020 4:56 AM

After hearing about the Russian bounties on U.S. soldiers, I thought Trump's degeneracy could no longer surprise me. Nope. This is so very sleazy and shameless. Why does anyone still go along with him after they've seen all the convictions against his associates?

by Anonymousreply 8July 16, 2020 4:59 AM

I haven't received any mail in the last 4 or 5 days -- not even junk. I thought that was highly unusual.

by Anonymousreply 9July 16, 2020 4:59 AM

R9 You can have my junk mail - I got more today!

My condolences from Canada where the mail carries on as usual.

by Anonymousreply 10July 16, 2020 5:03 AM

Most democracies are doing well. Carrying on as usual. Trump plus spineless corrupt Congress has been the perfect storm.

by Anonymousreply 11July 16, 2020 5:06 AM

We all know how freaked out Trump and many of his minions are about mail in ballots. With this delay of services, the post office may never deliver the ballot with sufficient time for the return deadline date. So even if the mailing is done earlier, people will be slow to return the ballots, often waiting until that last day. If the home-bound person places a return ballot in the box two days before the election, it may never reach the election center to be counted. Even if these obstacles are addressed. Trump will claim that the election is rigged because the post office selectively delivered and picked up mail. He will do everything to win this election.

ALL OF THE DELAY ACTIVITIES ARE TRUMP PLANNED FOR HIS ELECTION.

by Anonymousreply 12July 16, 2020 5:20 AM

I’m convinced that this is part of a multi-pronged approach for November.

Slow down the mail. Send kids back to school. Have kids transmit the virus to their working parents and retired grandparents, teachers, etc.

Think about it. A household of three school aged kids and two working parents and perhaps a grandparent here and there, can shut this country down like nothing else when considering cold and flu season, cold weather, and filled to capacity hospitals.

You put those possibilities against a non operating, skeleton crew postal system, with a scared voting population, who cannot afford to get sick, and have no choice but to mail in their ballots, you have got an administration making the Bush v.Gore fiasco look like a cotillion.

We are in trouble like I have never witnessed.

What are Americans who still support this tyranny thinking?

by Anonymousreply 13July 16, 2020 5:26 AM

Coming from Canada, USPS is the one thing the US government does extremely well. It's fast and efficient. Canada Post is a fucking nightmare in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 14July 16, 2020 6:33 AM

Also, for those who crow about how unprofitable and poorly managed the USPS is, read this. And learn the truth about how Congress fucked the USPS back in 2006. If Dems win back both chambers they should retire this ridiculous requirement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 16, 2020 6:41 AM

Bump for the day shift

by Anonymousreply 16July 16, 2020 3:58 PM

Two possible scenarios for Nov election:

1. Trump steals the election by cheating (this thread ties in with that scenario). USA is done, in that case.

2. Trump loses the election to Biden (despite Trump’s cheating) and he refuses to leave the WH. “Hoax! Dems cheated! Recount! I’m suing! Supreme Court“ etc. fuckfest will ensue.

Either scenario is horrible and very probable (unless the fucker could die in the meantime and spare us all the drama).

by Anonymousreply 17July 16, 2020 4:08 PM

Good luck getting your mail in ballot, Folks.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2020 4:09 PM

Anyone who receives packages on a regular basis knows that service is slower because of the extreme volume they have to deal with. If the postal rates are inefficient to deal with the volume and demand placed on them, they should be increased. I know my local post office seems to not care as much as they used to.

by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2020 4:15 PM

It's always a good strategy to show how much you're needed by doing and even worse job than you usually do.

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2020 4:24 PM

During the worst of the shutdown (March thru May) my packages I sent and received were delivered in a timely fashion. In June, I started noticing that packages I shipped were taking 10-15 days for priority mail 2 day. The tracking would show no updates but “in the USPS system” like it was just sitting there. Seeing that this douche was made postmaster general in May and this started in June - he IS doing this. I didn’t know what started it and now I do.

These motherfuckers are going to destroy our country.

by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2020 4:38 PM

I'm skeptical that the Trump administration could succeed in coercing nearly half a million postal employees to engage in mass felonies on Donald's behalf.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2020 4:55 PM

OP another Repug troll.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2020 5:12 PM

Chicago mail is bad. There's some important documents my title company sent me by regular mail, it's been 4 weeks abs it has not arrived yet. Frustrating af

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2020 5:23 PM

I will go stand on line for as long as it takes to cast my vote in November...

by Anonymousreply 25July 17, 2020 9:15 PM

R21, I notice the same thing. The mail has been drastically slow or I don't get as much mail as I used to.

I usually get my medications mailed but I noticed my Health Plan recently mailed my medications via UPS.

This is the start of voter suppression. However, in California, you can fill out the mail-in ballot and drop it off at the ballot box on the day of voting and not wait in line to use the voting machines. I don't trust the voting machines as they can be hacked by Russia and Trump's cronies.

by Anonymousreply 26August 1, 2020 1:59 AM

17 days I’ve been waiting for something small shipped from 45 minutes away.

by Anonymousreply 27August 1, 2020 2:17 AM

I’m voting in person. I’m willing to take the risk. In Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 28August 1, 2020 2:24 AM

Even if you vote in person, can you trust the voting machines which may be hacked? In a Blue State like New York, I think it would be pretty safe. Trump is targeting the Swing States. We can drop the mail-in ballot at ballot boxes but even Trump is going after those. So he's slowing down the Post Office and trying to eliminate ballot boxes. There is no end to his evil.

@brettirwin15 Replying to @JohnWDean

Trump campaign is suing Pennsylvania to disqualify ballot drop boxes.

Just so we all have our eyes open. Ballots in a drop box count and have to be counted after the polling date.

Ballots in the mail, even if postmarked on time, do not count.

They want everything USPS.

by Anonymousreply 29August 1, 2020 2:47 AM

My job involves logistics and I mail tons of stuff to family via USPS, so I rant about them forever. This sounds like a total logistical nightmare. Eventually so much mail will pile up that they will never have enough manpower to deliver it all. Then what happens?

A better way would be to delay only first class mail and continue delivering priority and priority express on time. That would encourage more customers to actually learn about and pay for priority mail 2 day cause they know thats the only way their mail will get there on time. It would also put money in their pockets. Its not rocket science, but I forget we are dealing with the USPS. 90% of Americans can probably tell you more about actual rocket science, than they can about the basic mailing options from USPS. That is how poorly they have marketed their services.

by Anonymousreply 30August 1, 2020 3:36 AM

This ad needs to be aired everywhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31August 1, 2020 5:10 AM

Has anyone else noticed in the past few weeks slowness with Netflix disks sent by mail? I have the 3-out-at-a-time plan. I used to get 6 disks per week. Now I get 3 per week.

by Anonymousreply 32August 1, 2020 8:04 PM

^? wtf is this 2003?

by Anonymousreply 33August 1, 2020 8:42 PM
by Anonymousreply 34August 3, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote] I'm starting with a Facebook post quoted in a Tweet.

In other words, I am an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 35August 3, 2020 1:39 AM

I ordered a VHS of the new Forum Video release from ATKOL and I still haven’t gotten it yet! What’s the holdup???

by Anonymousreply 36August 3, 2020 1:40 AM

They are definitely out for the USPS for a couple reasons. Privatization and Trump winning. All I can say is to go and vote no matter what. Put the damn mask on and go.

by Anonymousreply 37August 3, 2020 2:07 AM

I ordered a puppy online. Paid extra for overnight shipping and more holes in the box. It arrived two weeks late and the bastards at the USPS taped over the holes.

Won't be needing the 50lb bag of kibble.

by Anonymousreply 38August 3, 2020 2:15 AM

Funny, R38

I actually did order some plants online and they have been stuck in USPS for 8 days now. Little chance the plants will still be alive, and won't be able to get a refund since it's not the seller's fault.

Frustrating as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 39August 3, 2020 2:48 AM

Yep, it would have been curtains for Old Dan and Little Ann right away. No red fern necessary.

by Anonymousreply 40August 3, 2020 2:49 AM

There will be deaths from elderly people who get meds via USPS. The VA ships almost all their meds. Some dead senior citizen vets won’t look too good come Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2020 7:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!