Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Kelly Preston Dead!

Very sad! I had no idea she had breast cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445July 17, 2020 11:29 AM

Where is her religion now?

by Anonymousreply 1July 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Holy shit. That's terrible.

by Anonymousreply 2July 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Wow, sad to hear that. Guess John Travolta doesn't have any excuse to stay in the closet now.

by Anonymousreply 3July 13, 2020 5:22 AM

R1 She was a hardcore Scieno. I suspect COS told John and Kelly not to reveal her cancer diagnosis.

by Anonymousreply 4July 13, 2020 5:23 AM

Will fatty come out now, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 5July 13, 2020 5:23 AM

Geez. I recall listening to an interview with her a few years ago and she seemed quite nice. Sorry, Kelly, this is sad and unfair.

by Anonymousreply 6July 13, 2020 5:23 AM

I guess she's clear now?

by Anonymousreply 7July 13, 2020 5:24 AM

Celebrities die in threes- Naya Rivera, now Kelly Preston. Who will be the third death?

by Anonymousreply 8July 13, 2020 5:26 AM

Wonder if John Travolta will 'come out' now?

by Anonymousreply 9July 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Wow, that is sad and unexpected. They kept her illness under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 10July 13, 2020 5:27 AM

R8 Please Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 11July 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Another Elizabeth Edwards situation.

Kelly took hormones to get pregnant at age 47.

The result: A baby and death from breast cancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12July 13, 2020 5:27 AM

R12: Yep! The older you are, the worse the cancer risk.

by Anonymousreply 13July 13, 2020 5:29 AM

I was just getting ready to post that, r12. I remember at the time thinking that pregnancy wasn't a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 14July 13, 2020 5:30 AM

She’s the first gentile woman in Hollywood to die of breast cancer in a long time.

by Anonymousreply 15July 13, 2020 5:31 AM

What did she do, treat it with vitamins?

by Anonymousreply 16July 13, 2020 5:32 AM

Bummer.

by Anonymousreply 17July 13, 2020 5:33 AM

I immediately thought of her late 40's pregnancy after her son died and wondered how that would affect her.

There are so many stories of women getting cancer a few years after taking hormones and other IVF.

by Anonymousreply 18July 13, 2020 5:33 AM

Wow that's really sad. Whatever their relationship was I always liked her. She was in a lot of movies I loved growing up.

by Anonymousreply 19July 13, 2020 5:34 AM

I forgot they had another kid 10 years ago. So that's a kid who will grow up without a mom. That's sad all around. John's first priority should be taking care of that kid. There's no time for coming out or any related activities.

by Anonymousreply 20July 13, 2020 5:37 AM

Well if anything good comes from this (never could stand her myself, but whatever), maybe this will free John to come out FINALLY!

by Anonymousreply 21July 13, 2020 5:37 AM

Welcome to the club!

by Anonymousreply 22July 13, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote] Who will be the third death?

It will be Wilford Brimley, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2020 5:38 AM

John/ r20, we are so sorry for your loss. Our condolences.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2020 5:39 AM

It wasn't hormones, she was afflicted with cancerous body thetans.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2020 5:39 AM

I hope not R23, I enjoy following him on Twitter.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2020 5:40 AM

One of my friends took fertility drugs and had a kid. Diagnosed last year in her early 30's with breast cancer. No family history.

I have secretly suspected there is a tie between those drugs and breast/ovarian/female cancers in women.

by Anonymousreply 27July 13, 2020 5:41 AM

[quote] Kelly Preston Dead!

Let me guess? An ill-fated boat trip to Lake Piru?

by Anonymousreply 28July 13, 2020 5:42 AM

I remember years ago they used to prescribe estrogen to menopausal woman. But it led to a rise in breast cancer. So it’s not done anymore

by Anonymousreply 29July 13, 2020 5:46 AM

I'll need a nice young "assistant" to help me cope with her death

by Anonymousreply 30July 13, 2020 5:54 AM

Also note: Elizabeth Edwards and Kelly Preston were both diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years after fertility treatments.

by Anonymousreply 31July 13, 2020 5:55 AM

R29: Exactly. Yet, estrogen therapy is given to older pre-menopausal women during pregnancy to help maintain the pregnancy/avoid miscarriage. There is definitely a link.

by Anonymousreply 32July 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Perhaps there should be an age cut off for pregnancy. Of course that’ll never work because people don’t like to be told what to do.

by Anonymousreply 33July 13, 2020 6:03 AM

I no fan of Scientology, but I did meet Kelly Preston once a few years ago and she was very nice. Same goes for John Travolta - very nice person.

by Anonymousreply 34July 13, 2020 6:03 AM

What was NOT om her iPod?

Stayin' Alive

by Anonymousreply 35July 13, 2020 6:04 AM

I loved her in “The Americans” and “Witness.”

by Anonymousreply 36July 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Oh my god.

by Anonymousreply 37July 13, 2020 6:04 AM

Wow... I know it shouldn’t but it still surprises me that a woman with her medical and financial resources would die from breast cancer. Cancer is a sneaky bastard.

by Anonymousreply 38July 13, 2020 6:05 AM

The closet kills.

by Anonymousreply 39July 13, 2020 6:08 AM

I read on Datalounge that she had a son with her first husband Kevin Gage. The son is severely disabled and lives with relatives. He is not listed as one of her children on her Wikipedia page, nor on Gage's Wikipedia page. Google found this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 13, 2020 6:11 AM

Cancer shows no mercy.

by Anonymousreply 41July 13, 2020 6:12 AM

Oh that's sad to hear. They have had quite a sad family when you think about it with the son also dying.

I guess Travolta will be able to come out now?

by Anonymousreply 42July 13, 2020 6:12 AM

Sad. I met Kelly in the late 90’s on the set of “for the love of the game”. Not gonna lie, she was kind of a bitch and Kevin Costner was super sweet to me. But I’m female and I was in my early 20’s back then and cute. So it was more of a woman being bitchy to other women vibe rather than “I’m a famous actress bitchy vibe”

Still so sad to hear. She has a young son, and she was still rather young. I wonder if Scientology allows for cancer treatments? Do they approve of chemo?

by Anonymousreply 43July 13, 2020 6:14 AM

Travolta is now free to marry Kirstie Alley

by Anonymousreply 44July 13, 2020 6:15 AM

His wife died and all you can think about is whether he's coming out ?

by Anonymousreply 45July 13, 2020 6:16 AM

The third is Lisa Marie Presley's son, he killed himself today

by Anonymousreply 46July 13, 2020 6:18 AM

I’m also thinking about a sloppy joe, r45.

by Anonymousreply 47July 13, 2020 6:18 AM

Exactly, R45. Some people have no compassion at all.

[quote] Where is her religion now?

You realize everyone dies, right? Regardless of whether or not you believe in religion.

I always got the impression that Kelly was a nice person. She seemed sweet.

My favorite movie of hers was "View From the Top" with Kelly Preston, GOOP, and Christina Applegate.

by Anonymousreply 48July 13, 2020 6:18 AM

Candy Spelling eeks out one more death in just three weeks...first, her neighbour Steve Bing, then Naya, then Elvis' grandson, and now Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 49July 13, 2020 6:20 AM

R38 there is a specific type of breast cancer that comes on quickly and is very aggressive. Sometimes all the money in the world for medical treatments won’t help.

by Anonymousreply 50July 13, 2020 6:21 AM

She was cute in View From the Top...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 13, 2020 6:22 AM

Well, just look at all the cunts in this thread!

R45 & R48.

by Anonymousreply 52July 13, 2020 6:23 AM

She seems like a nice lady that drank too much of the kool aid and followed her gay husband down a very dark path in a death cult. Travolta ruined her life. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 53July 13, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote] The third is Lisa Marie Presley's son, he killed himself today

Interesting that he had a connection to Scientology as well.

by Anonymousreply 54July 13, 2020 6:24 AM

Kelly was 57 and her son, Benjamin, is nine (9). So, she was ~ 48 when she gave birth. That's crazy. I wonder why they didn't use a surrogate.

John Travolta, IMO, seems like a very kind man and I would guess he was very good & generous to Kelly Preston.

by Anonymousreply 55July 13, 2020 6:26 AM

I think she might have had a bigger career in the 90s if it hadn't been for her uncanny resemblance to Meg Ryan, a much bigger star at the time.

by Anonymousreply 56July 13, 2020 6:26 AM

Wow. Props to her for keeping it private instead of famewhoring for sympathy. It was cool of her to let her Johnny fuck guys throughout their marriage.

Rip.

by Anonymousreply 57July 13, 2020 6:28 AM

John will be in need of some massage therapists now. Females need not apply.

by Anonymousreply 58July 13, 2020 6:31 AM

Very sad. She was a beautiful woman.

by Anonymousreply 59July 13, 2020 6:31 AM

would it not be sad had she been ugly? If our Glenn died, would it not be sad?

by Anonymousreply 60July 13, 2020 6:33 AM

Having another baby at 47 was a huge mistake. If they were so set on it, they should have used a surrogate or adopted.

by Anonymousreply 61July 13, 2020 6:34 AM

She was a very loyal beard.

by Anonymousreply 62July 13, 2020 6:34 AM

I would think if anything Travolta has even less reason to come out now. He no longer has to keep up the facade of this marriage, which much have been exhausting, and can just play the role of grieving widower, which is a heck of a lot easier. Plus people and the press will feel so bad (understandably so) that they’ll just kindly “look the other way.” Trying to out someone grieving for his wife of 30 years won’t look good.

Still this is really sad and I’m genuinely shocked. I was actually watching the Grease/ONJ Reelz tonight so a little weird — but I have to say closeted or not Travolta always seemed like a genuinely sweet and generous guy. This must be hell.

by Anonymousreply 63July 13, 2020 6:35 AM

The tabloids have been vindictice questioning her marriage. There have been so many times ive been the the supermarket and see a magazine with the headline that their marriage was a sham. It must have been very huerful and embarrasing for her.

by Anonymousreply 64July 13, 2020 6:36 AM

R8 Carl Reiner died recently

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2020 6:37 AM

R60 Well Glenn's career is dead so she may as well be.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2020 6:39 AM

R43, Scientology allows cancer treatments and chemo. However, there is definitely a big subculture of Scientologists who won’t take drugs at all, no Advil, no aspirin, and they’ll only see naturopathic and chiropractic treatments. It’s not a rule in the Church, it’s just a weird culture thing. But not all Scientologists are like that.

I knew one Scientologist who died trying to cure her stomach cancer naturally, even though the local Scientologists had advised her to get conventional medical treatment.

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2020 6:40 AM

[quote]Celebrities die in threes- Naya Rivera, now Kelly Preston.

Naya Rivera is “disappeared.”

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2020 6:40 AM

This was shocking after LMP son's suicide. They really kept her illness on the downlow.

As far as her fertility treatments, there really is no way to know for sure if it caused the cancer. Millions of women have taken the same drugs, if a large % were getting cancer, I think there would be more attention and research about it.

by Anonymousreply 69July 13, 2020 6:42 AM

[quote]I read on Datalounge that she had a son with her first husband Kevin Gage. The son is severely disabled and lives with relatives.

Kee-rist!

She must have had some real fucked up genes to keep shitting out those retarded babies.

by Anonymousreply 70July 13, 2020 6:43 AM

She has been in soooo many movies. Feel bad for John Travolta and their kods.

by Anonymousreply 71July 13, 2020 6:47 AM

*kids

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2020 6:47 AM

I don't know if it's easing up now (after 10 years), but the survivor's guilt of seeing others die from cancer when my treatment was successful, used to tear me apart. I'd think, "Why take a happy mother of four young kids, when you could've taken me, an unmarried man with no dependents? Sure, my friends and others would've missed me, but that's nothing compared to those who don't make it that leave an enormous hole in people's lives."* There is never a moment that I'm not greatful for surviving Stage IV Non Hodgkin Lymphoma (there is no stage V). I try not to take things for granted. And I don't ever dine out on the experience.

And if it wasn't for the truly egregious comments made upthread, I might have a problem with sharing the conclusion I came to. But I don't have a problem sharing it. *The conslusion I came to is that God is a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 73July 13, 2020 6:51 AM

R67 yeah but what about their son? Didn’t they refuse drugs/treatments for him and that’s why he died?

by Anonymousreply 74July 13, 2020 6:54 AM

From this thread, we can safely assume that JABBA will be next to go then since she had her baby at 51.

by Anonymousreply 75July 13, 2020 6:56 AM

R74, they didn’t refuse the son medication. He had been on Depakote for seizures, but it had stopped working, so they (with a doctor’s consultation) took him off and put him on some ketogenic diet.

by Anonymousreply 76July 13, 2020 7:03 AM

The word pretty was invented for Kelly Preston. She was like Elizabeth Montgomery and few others. She was a pretty pretty girl and woman. So pretty you might not notice how talented she was. Not sexy or even beautiful. Just a very pretty girl. Charlie Sheen shot her once you know. I think Travolta loved her very much. In whatever way they had. There's more than one way to love. I find this news sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2020 7:08 AM

That's exactly the way I feel about the whole situation, R77.

Just the way you said it.

by Anonymousreply 78July 13, 2020 7:12 AM

*RIP*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 13, 2020 7:12 AM

It's not really a secret, R27, there have been quite a few studies. The lower doses are supposed to be safer, which is probably what you mean. But I remember back in the 1980s when my mom was on hormones, she had to stop because it gave her blood clots, and there wasn't even any talk of giving her a lower dose, it was either take it and risk cancer or suffer through menopause.

No idea how much you have to take to get pregnant, but it can't be a safe amount, especially when you're on the verge of menopause as Kelly was at 47.

by Anonymousreply 80July 13, 2020 7:15 AM

Someone please explain what the Candy Spelling murder meme is about? I am old and out of the loop and require assistance.

by Anonymousreply 81July 13, 2020 7:17 AM

Her last movie is in post-production. Interesting cast. Can't be worse than her next-to-last movie, "Gotti"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82July 13, 2020 7:20 AM

My sister had a total hysterectomy at 40 due to ovarian tumors, and even though she's cancer-free now, she can't take estrogen to deal with the symptoms of early-onset menopause caused by the surgery. She's even supposed to avoid soy because of plant estrogens. Too many hormones can really fuck you up.

by Anonymousreply 83July 13, 2020 7:20 AM

Hormonal therapy and IVF are not just given to premenopausal women to increase chances of conceiving. There is a cottage industry of convincing women that if they don’t conceive within a year of trying, that help is simple in the form of hormones. So many women in their late 20s to their 30s undergo these treatments it’s not even unusual anymore. I have patients who have had 2-3 kids each that way and they’re only in their mid-30s. When I did my women’s health rotation at an oncology clinic, there were women diagnosed with BC a few years to more than a decade after undergoing hormonal and/ or IVF treatment.

These treatments have become a status symbol no joke. It’s not premenopausal women who are biggest consumers but women in their 30s.

by Anonymousreply 84July 13, 2020 7:20 AM

R77 I totally agree with that last part, actually. In whatever way it was (joking aside for a minute) I believe they did love each other. As great companions or whatever it was.

by Anonymousreply 85July 13, 2020 7:24 AM

R77 I was just going to note that she survived being shot (and fucked) by Chuck Sheen, only to go out like this? Sad.

by Anonymousreply 86July 13, 2020 7:38 AM

R64 - their marriage [bold]WAS[/bold] a sham. For whatever reason - they stayed together - but it was a sham.

by Anonymousreply 87July 13, 2020 7:41 AM

R84 You bring up an interesting social dilemma. The problem is women don’t want to accept that their healthiest, most fertile years are between 16-35. But with most women pursuing careers, they’ve pushed it to 30-45 and are quick to resort to medical interventions at the get go if they encounter even the slightest delay. That’s not natural to humankind, never has been until recently. Anecdotally, it seems rather likely these fertility treatments increase the risk of cancer and autism in their babies. But we as a society won’t reevaluate this phenomenon because women think they can have it all. But it seems to come with a huge price.

by Anonymousreply 88July 13, 2020 7:41 AM

I have never heard the Charlie Sheen story.

He SHOT her? What in the fuck happened there??

No wonder she didn't mind Travolta's dalliances.

If she had to choose between being a psycho druggie sex addict, or a quiet closet case, I guess she decided that she would go with the closet case.

The real question is, why didn't she just find herself a regular straight guy?

by Anonymousreply 89July 13, 2020 7:47 AM

Who on earth goes through a rotation working at a women's health clinic, and presumably has a medical degree of some sort, but doesn't know the difference between "perimenopause" and not "premenopause"?

The women you're talking about in their 20s and 30s ARE in premenopause. You've confused them with perimenopausal women in their 40s and 50s.

What you mean to say is that "it's not perimenopausal women who are the biggest consumers of hormone therapy, but premenopausal women in their 20s and 30s."

by Anonymousreply 90July 13, 2020 7:47 AM

Anyone ever thought she might be gay too? Or that Travolta is legit bi? They obviously had some kind of understanding.

by Anonymousreply 91July 13, 2020 7:48 AM

[quote]Candy Spelling eeks out one more death

Oh, dear! Oh, DEAR, oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 92July 13, 2020 7:54 AM

[quote] Anyone ever thought she might be gay too? Or that Travolta is legit bi? They obviously had some kind of understanding.

That's definitely a possibility.

Especially knowing now that both Charlie Sheen and Denise Richards are both bisexual, as well.

Maybe that's why Kelly was with Charlie. We already know that he has fucked around with guys.

The only difference would be that both Travolta and Preston were much more discreet about their affairs.

by Anonymousreply 93July 13, 2020 7:55 AM

R90 have you ever heard of autocorrect? I’m operating on autopilot now on my 4th night in a row working inpatient as one of providers on call. But thanks for pointing it out correctly though you could have done so without being a presumptive asshole.

by Anonymousreply 94July 13, 2020 7:57 AM

[quote]I remember years ago they used to prescribe estrogen to menopausal woman. But it led to a rise in breast cancer. So it’s not done anymore

They still do.

by Anonymousreply 95July 13, 2020 8:09 AM

She also lived with /C1ooney so she had plenty of practice looking the other way before John.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2020 8:09 AM

Recent Instagram photos of her, both on her account and Ella's, show her wearing an obvious wig. She looks like she'd been going through treatments.

It's a hell of a thing, finding out you have cancer as the parent of a young child. I imagine, having lost her own father at a young age, that she was even more aware of what her son would go through without her.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2020 8:15 AM

I wonder how Nikki Blonsky from the movie Hairspray feels. She must have known Kelly Preston very well.

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2020 8:17 AM

Dropping the body. Billion years more to go.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2020 8:18 AM

If she was a strong Scientologist, she was not nice. I felt like she forced their last child on John. Normal people were not fond of her or John. I am a fan of John and have seen most of his films but I felt like Kelly was bought and paid for, same as Katie Holmes.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2020 8:22 AM

R73 For what it’s worth- A) glad you survived and B) someone once told me that when you say something like a mother of four taken from cancer and you wonder why you as a single person with no dependents wasn’t taken they told me this – perhaps that woman was going to have something really horrific happened in her life and she was taken to spare her that. Probably not true but it made me feel a little better.

by Anonymousreply 101July 13, 2020 8:23 AM

I loved her in Spellbinder. An underrated 1980s gym.

by Anonymousreply 102July 13, 2020 8:23 AM

This is a toxic fallacy, R88. Most women don’t have the financial wherewithal to support a child until they are over 30 at least. Not to mention, they are procreating with feckless men who delay the responsibility of marriage and fatherhood as long as they can. And good luck getting any decent job is you’ve don’t have a college degree or two.

If later parenthood is driving up these health complications, then we as a society need to make it easier to be a young parent, not blame women for “choices” they are forced into.

by Anonymousreply 103July 13, 2020 8:25 AM

Agreed, R103. In the 50s and 60s and even into the 70s, families could live on one paycheck. That meant they could have children younger, before the woman's fertility started to plummet. No way that's possible today unless the breadwinner is a surgeon or a stockbroker or something.

I remember reading a fertility doctor saying once that if he had one bit of advice for couples, it would be to have children as young as they possibly could and save themselves years of expensive treatments that might end in heartbreak. But who the fuck can afford to have kids in their 20s?

by Anonymousreply 104July 13, 2020 8:28 AM

“Millions of women have taken the same drugs, if a large % were getting cancer, I think there would be more attention and research about it.”

Oh R69, you sweet summer child!

by Anonymousreply 105July 13, 2020 8:29 AM

R89 my guess would be fame and money. Some want to marry into that at any cost.

by Anonymousreply 106July 13, 2020 8:29 AM

'And good luck getting any decent job is you’ve don’t have a college degree or two.'

You were an English major, no?

by Anonymousreply 107July 13, 2020 8:30 AM

No, they failed me for putting an ‘s’ where there should have been an ‘f’.

Thanks for pointing out this egregious error R107 - you’re not at all an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 108July 13, 2020 8:33 AM

She stayed with John for the money. I knew she had a daughter but I had no idea they had another son. It was all IVF and she was a selfish cunt. Two boys with birth defects....too many drugs, maybe?

by Anonymousreply 109July 13, 2020 8:35 AM

R103 well that and (like you said) getting men to commit. Regardless of where couples stand on money, the amount of years wasted on woman waiting for men to pop the question puts just as much a delay on conceiving as the job/financial issue.

by Anonymousreply 110July 13, 2020 8:35 AM

R109 good lord she’s dead. You didn’t know her and I’m sure ur a saint to throw stones.

Fuck some of you are demons.

by Anonymousreply 111July 13, 2020 8:36 AM

I knew about her having cancer a year ago from one of my friends who was treating her.

It was metastatic and she didn't go down the vitamin route..

Two years is a pretty good survival rate for that kind of cancer

by Anonymousreply 112July 13, 2020 8:39 AM

r108 Your venom in calling me an asshole would suggest I hit a delicate nerve. Your overreacting would suggest insecurity. You're not at all a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 113July 13, 2020 8:41 AM

Most celebs wouldnt be able to run to instagram fast enough to get some attention and sympathy for having cancer. Good for her for not doing that and dying with dignity.

by Anonymousreply 114July 13, 2020 8:41 AM

OMG! I grew up loving her! No!!!!

by Anonymousreply 115July 13, 2020 8:56 AM

Fish are not interested in sex so they don't really care what their husband does sexually with others, as long as the cash flow to the fish continues. But the moment that cash flow is threatened, the fish has the divorce lawyer on speed dial.

by Anonymousreply 116July 13, 2020 8:57 AM

[quote]He SHOT her? What in the fuck happened there??

Charlie didn’t shoot her. She was in the bathroom moving a pair of his jeans and his gun fell out of the pocket, went off and the bullet hit the toilet. Her arm was cut on a piece of the shrapnel from the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 117July 13, 2020 9:02 AM

Man, he had to bury a son. Now a wife. JESUS

by Anonymousreply 118July 13, 2020 9:10 AM

John Travoooooooooltaaaaaaaaa

by Anonymousreply 119July 13, 2020 9:24 AM

He also buried the woman who was original mom on Eight is Enough.

by Anonymousreply 120July 13, 2020 9:31 AM

People keep liking my post at R81 but no one is actually going to answer the question, are they?

by Anonymousreply 121July 13, 2020 9:34 AM

It'll be interesting to see if Scientology even issues a statement about her death. They seem to like to cover up bad things that happen to their VIPs.

by Anonymousreply 122July 13, 2020 9:36 AM

Charlie Sheen seems to be at the center of all bad things, eh?

by Anonymousreply 123July 13, 2020 9:41 AM

R103 R104 It’s never been easy to afford children but people did so in previous generations because their material expectations were lower.

Everyone nowadays has the latest iphone, all sorts of streaming services, eat out all the time, a baby BMW, designer bags and shoes, international trips, babymoons, professional photographs for every milestone, expensive weddings, constant trips to the salon (highlights, nails, brows), etc. When I was a middle class kid in the 70s and 80s, my family had one Ford car, an average house, one TV with an antenna, hand me down clothes, a mishmash of cheap furniture and grandma’s pieces (certainly not following the latest home trends), mom did her own hair with a box of Lilt, road trip vacations, dinner out maybe once a month to the local Chinese place or diner, we took a few family portraits at Sears and weddings were often potlucks in people’s backyards. Women and men sacrificed their material desires to have families.

Men were also willing to get married because women didn’t spread their legs wide open on first dates. Why buy the cow when the milk is free?

Also, having a baby can be as expensive as you want it to be or as cheap as you want it to be. It doesn’t say anywhere that you absolutely NEED a $1000 stroller, a Gucci diaper bag, and all the other accoutrements that seems to be de rigueur amongst the middle class frauen of today.

But I digress...RIP Kelly Preston

by Anonymousreply 124July 13, 2020 9:43 AM

That's so sad, but the PEOPLE references to her and John's love story made me want to vomit. They were probably best friends at the most.

by Anonymousreply 125July 13, 2020 9:45 AM

I knew about her having cancer a year ago from one of my friends who was treating her.

Your friend is a cunt and did something illegal by telling you, they should lose their job

by Anonymousreply 126July 13, 2020 9:48 AM

There is some truth in what you say, R124, but it's also true that the minimum wage of $1.60 would be equivalent to $11.76 today, far above the standard $7.50. The cost of a 4-year public university in 1968 was $329 a year. That would be $2323 in today's dollars. But the ACTUAL cost of today's tuition is $10, 230, an increase of 340%. In a similar vein, the cost of housing has risen 744% since 1968.

It's easy to blame the materialistic weakness of today's average person for why they can't afford a house or children, and why they are so mired in student loan debt. But things are a FUCKTON more expensive than they were 50 years ago, and that wouldn't be corrected by the average person giving up their cell phone or their mani-pedis.

by Anonymousreply 127July 13, 2020 9:56 AM

*The minimum wage of $1.60 in 1968

by Anonymousreply 128July 13, 2020 9:56 AM

Oh, and as for the cost of just having a baby, that ran you around $150 in the 1950s. If those rates had stayed consistent adjusting for inflation, having a baby should cost around $2000 today. In fact, a normal birth without complications is about $10,000. Add in a c-section or an extended hospital stay for any reason, and those costs will quickly skyrocket. If you have health insurance you'll pay less, of course. But about 10% of the US population has no health insurance whatsoever.

So, yeah, having a baby can be cheap as you like--if you don't need a c-section, if the baby isn't born prematurely, if the child doesn't have allergies or need braces or eyeglasses or any of the other 1000 things a child could end up needing. If you have decent health insurance and don't get laid off, if if if if if if if.

The social safety net is full of holes. And that is the fault of the greedy assholes at the top of the pyramid, not the poor working shmucks at the bottom.

by Anonymousreply 129July 13, 2020 10:07 AM

R81, maybe it's one of those DL memes no one actually knows the origin of. Like the Duchess of Sussex's fans being called Sugars.

by Anonymousreply 130July 13, 2020 10:07 AM

Very sad. Whatever their marriage was, they seemed to really love each other.

RIP Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 131July 13, 2020 10:10 AM

Weird that Kelly is dead while ONJ, who’s battled breast cancer for decades and has looked close to death for several years, is still kicking

by Anonymousreply 132July 13, 2020 10:15 AM

Weird that Kelly is dead while ONJ, who’s battled breast cancer for decades and has looked close to death for several years, is still kicking

I got physical in the 80's...that's why I'm still here

by Anonymousreply 133July 13, 2020 10:20 AM

Bewilders me why old gay men feel they are qualified, or feel the need to discuss what women do with their bodies, how old they are when they have children etc. etc. None of your business.

by Anonymousreply 134July 13, 2020 10:22 AM

Tom Cruise couldn't save her?

by Anonymousreply 135July 13, 2020 10:23 AM

Are we sure it was breast cancer?

by Anonymousreply 136July 13, 2020 10:23 AM

I feel for her family, but we know what causes this.

Don't screw with your hormones, ladies .

by Anonymousreply 137July 13, 2020 10:24 AM

[quote]John Travolta, IMO, seems like a very kind man and I would guess he was very good & generous to Kelly Preston.

This can get lost if you read about John Travolta on DL which can make you think he's the secret offspring of Adolf Hitler and Eva Braun. Other than his not-so-secret proclivities, John is one of the most beloved men in the industry, especially by secondary cast and crew. A genuinely nice guy, and not just for show.

by Anonymousreply 138July 13, 2020 10:25 AM

[quote]Men were also willing to get married because women didn’t spread their legs wide open on first dates.

Hey, Puritan thread derailer, can you make your own thread and stop stinking up this one please?

by Anonymousreply 139July 13, 2020 10:36 AM

[quote]Your friend is a cunt and did something illegal by telling you, they should lose their job

I hate all of the assholes who work in the medical profession who blab to their friends about celebrity patients. Someone did the same when Mary Kay Bergman died and it was disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 140July 13, 2020 10:38 AM

There's a nurse who blabbed about Keanu Reeves saying he's not heterosexual when donating blood. Shameful.

by Anonymousreply 141July 13, 2020 10:48 AM

I hadn’t heard that about Keanu’s nurse. HOT! When did that come out? I wonder if she creamed her panties when he said that.

by Anonymousreply 142July 13, 2020 10:55 AM

isn’t it John’s other long term relationship with a woman also died on him with breast cancer? what’s the odd?

by Anonymousreply 143July 13, 2020 11:13 AM

We ask that donations be given to The Masseur School - a worthy charity training men in naturist massage.

by Anonymousreply 144July 13, 2020 11:16 AM

[quote]I would think if anything Travolta has even less reason to come out now.

I agree. I don't think he'll be coming out any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 145July 13, 2020 11:18 AM

Breast cancer and tumors feed off of estrogen. People with breast cancer take anti-estrogens as part of their treatment

Fertility treatments are composed of pumping a woman full of hormones such as estrogen. In a woman over the age of 40, her body is beginning to make less estrogen. It's part of the life cycle. The body is preparing for eventual menopause. Pumping yourself full of hormones trying to trick your body is a recipe for disaster (cancer). When the pregnancy is over the body crashes from and abnormal cells/free radicals are created. Some of them turn into cancer

by Anonymousreply 146July 13, 2020 11:18 AM

R81 Candy Spelling is at the center of the Hollywood cabala from her perch of power and wealth high above everyone else in the penthouse “Sky Manor” in Century City. There she acts as puppet mistress from her unassumingly named “gift wrapping room,” which is really a high tech brain center where she controls most aspects of the entertainment industry including who lives and dies.

This is quite obvious because amongst those deaths is Tori Spelling’s career, and why would someone so ultimately talented as Tori not have flourishing fame and unlimited money unless her mother, hellbent on her humiliation and destruction, be manipulating the powers that be to keep her down. This is all due to Tori basically spitting in her face after Candy planned, produced, and broadcasted her multimillion dollar first wedding at The Manor only to have her dump her husband fifteen months later for a married third tiered Canadian actor in a Hallmark movie of the week.

Candy, who has also always been proud of her chic, slim, fit figure and that of her children, also holds it against Tori for allowing her grandchildren to be fat and slovenly. So each day she goes to her “kennel room” and picks up one of her many cloned teacup lap dogs, which she holds and strokes menacingly standing on her well appointed balcony looking down at the world in her best Mr. Burns interpretation as she plots how she will ruin the lives of those figuratively and literally below her.

by Anonymousreply 147July 13, 2020 11:34 AM

At this point I couldn’t pick out and distinguish between Kelly Preston and Mimi Rogers or tell where John Travolta’s and Nicholas Cage’s career begins or ends.

by Anonymousreply 148July 13, 2020 11:38 AM

Loved her in her 80s films. She was really good in the crime flick 52 Pickup, which co-starred the late Vanity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 13, 2020 11:43 AM

With any luck, L Ron Hubbard was waiting for her when she crossed over and proceeded to violently & brutally fuck her brains out - that would be her heaven after a lifetime of being a beard

by Anonymousreply 150July 13, 2020 11:47 AM

“You’re Jerry MaFuckenguire”

by Anonymousreply 151July 13, 2020 11:48 AM

The dance scene between Kelly and John in The Experts is classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152July 13, 2020 11:49 AM

[quote]Weird that Kelly is dead while ONJ, who’s battled breast cancer for decades and has looked close to death for several years, is still kicking

Agree. Breast cancer survival length is usually much longer than two years, unless it’s found at a very late stage.

I suspect she might have refused some treatments. Who knows what Scientology “allows”?

by Anonymousreply 153July 13, 2020 11:54 AM

Link to John's IG post:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 13, 2020 11:56 AM

Was she the one that the nerdy boys in Weird Science created?

by Anonymousreply 155July 13, 2020 12:04 PM

5-Time Golden Raspberry Award Nominee (1-Time Winner) Kelly Preston, Scientologist & wife of masseur enthusiast John Travolta, is dead and you Queens (and Fraus) are sidetracked talking about IVF and the socioeconomics of modern day child rearing.

by Anonymousreply 156July 13, 2020 12:05 PM

R156 Well at least she was recognized by her peers in her lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 157July 13, 2020 12:06 PM

[quote] I’m operating on autopilot now on my 4th night in a row working inpatient as one of providers on call.

Honey, get off the cross. Others need the wood.

by Anonymousreply 158July 13, 2020 12:07 PM

RIP KELLY

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159July 13, 2020 12:07 PM

Her husband had a fat cock and a nice ass, but she couldn’t live forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 13, 2020 12:10 PM

I thought clams didn't believe in cancer. Or it was a sign you were a traitor clam or some nonsense.

Does this mean John will admit his cult is all a fake?

of course not, but I wish someone would ask him to his face.

by Anonymousreply 161July 13, 2020 12:10 PM

R33: “ Perhaps there should be an age cut off for pregnancy. Of course that’ll never work because people don’t like to be told what to do..”

There already is an age cutoff for pregnancy. Mother Nature built one in. But since you’re 100% correct that people don’t like being told what to do, they try to sneak around it. And then this happens.

I do know of women in the olden days getting pregnant during that last explosion of fertility before it all shuts down, though. But that’s just luck (or the opposite), and not trying to cheat the system.

by Anonymousreply 162July 13, 2020 12:11 PM

Y’all are making poor Candy 🍭 out to be some type of spree killer. Haven’t you bitches ever heard of coincidences!!

by Anonymousreply 163July 13, 2020 12:13 PM

They found her right away, but Naya is STILL MISSING!!!! Why?? DO I EVEN HAVE TO TELL YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 164July 13, 2020 12:13 PM

[R124] Don't need the whole bull when you can get the sausage for free, either, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 165July 13, 2020 12:17 PM

Too bad a gay man didn't start/title this thread. Fraus ruin eberything.

by Anonymousreply 166July 13, 2020 12:17 PM

Meg Ryan isn’t nearly as pretty as Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 167July 13, 2020 12:17 PM

Loved her drastically different look in the deliciously campy The Perfect Bride...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168July 13, 2020 12:18 PM

Someone posted earlier that estrogen is given to pregnant women to prevent miscarriage. Synthetic estrogen during pregnancy created a health disaster in the 70s and 80s. The children of women given these drugs in the 50s had malformed organs and cancer. Progesterone has been given to discourage miscarriages but not widely.

by Anonymousreply 169July 13, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote]Was she the one that the nerdy boys in Weird Science created?

No, that was Kelly LeBrock, ex Mrs. Steven Seagal.

by Anonymousreply 170July 13, 2020 12:20 PM

I definitely didn't have her in my 2020 death pool.

They really kept this one under wraps.

by Anonymousreply 171July 13, 2020 12:27 PM

Back in the 80s she was in long term relationships with Charlie Sheen when he was hot and George Clooney when he was hot. She must have had some great stories.

by Anonymousreply 172July 13, 2020 12:28 PM

“Bonk me, Jerry!”

What a talented actress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 13, 2020 12:29 PM

All the top, top Gold ⭐️ Medal Beards are gathering in L.A. to honor a beloved Legend.

by Anonymousreply 174July 13, 2020 12:30 PM

Travolta kills all the people he loves

by Anonymousreply 175July 13, 2020 12:33 PM

R172 She survived Charlie Sheen when he shot her in the arm, but she didn't survive this.

by Anonymousreply 176July 13, 2020 12:36 PM

[quote][R172] She survived Charlie Sheen when he shot her in the arm, but she didn't survive this

He didn’t shoot her. See R117.

by Anonymousreply 177July 13, 2020 12:37 PM

I am surprised by how much this news moved me.

by Anonymousreply 178July 13, 2020 12:39 PM

She had a hairy bush, but she couldn’t live forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 13, 2020 12:43 PM

R117 That's the official story Kelly told to protect Charlie.

Those who knew the couple tell a different story.

by Anonymousreply 180July 13, 2020 12:44 PM

Death brings out the best and the worst of DataLounge.

by Anonymousreply 181July 13, 2020 12:54 PM

OP is dead to me!

by Anonymousreply 182July 13, 2020 12:54 PM

Everyone gives John shit for being closeted but the ‘70s/‘80s were a very different time, and coming out then would have had major consequences for his career. After he was married and with kids, what good would coming out do? It was already a not-so-open secret anyways, so what was the point of John coming out before Kelly died?

by Anonymousreply 183July 13, 2020 12:59 PM

R183 Maybe it had to do with him getting caught kissing his male best friend and/or all the accounts of his massage adventures.

by Anonymousreply 184July 13, 2020 1:02 PM

Kelly almost got the Sandra Bullock part in “Crash’. When they passed her up for Bullock she was really nasty with Pail Haggis.

This is if I’m remembering right. I think Preston and Travolta were going to produce it at one point too.

by Anonymousreply 185July 13, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote] Well if anything good comes from this (never could stand her myself, but whatever), maybe this will free John to come out FINALLY!

There is no good that can come from this. Her children are without their mother. Travolta coming out at 60+ would be a non-event.

by Anonymousreply 186July 13, 2020 1:07 PM

R29 they still prescribe estrogen to women.

by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2020 1:10 PM

"Never! Stop! Fucking! Me!"

She was great in Jerry McGuire, very memorable.

RIP

by Anonymousreply 188July 13, 2020 1:10 PM

They had the second son because they believe he’s Jett reincarnated. That’s how crazy they are.

by Anonymousreply 189July 13, 2020 1:12 PM

I remember her brief uncredited part in Waiting to Exhale as the mistress of Angela Bassett’s husband.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote]I do know of women in the olden days getting pregnant during that last explosion of fertility before it all shuts down, though.

This used to be very common back in the days when birth control wasn't as reliable as it is now, or Catholics who didn't use BC and tried the rhythm method instead. Lots of women had surprise babies in their 40s. Their other kids were teenagers or in their 20s and already out of the house.

by Anonymousreply 191July 13, 2020 1:25 PM

I wonder if Kirstie Alley knew. She was battling cancer. Gayle King expressed shock so obviously Oprah didn’t know

by Anonymousreply 192July 13, 2020 1:27 PM

She should have just faked a pregnancy at age 50.

by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2020 1:35 PM

Change-of-life babies are definitely a thing: My grandmother had one. But that was after 9--yes, NINE--previous pregnancies. Women who've already had many children have already primed the pump, so to speak, which is why natural conception is possible in their 40s, but even then there are limits. For women who are new to pregnancy, fertility starts degrading after 35 and plummets after 40. According to an article I read by a top fertility doctor, in 30 years of practice he'd never seen a woman conceive with her own eggs after age 46. Women having babies after that are using donor eggs and pumping themselves full of hormones in order to hold the pregnancy, with often tragic results.

by Anonymousreply 194July 13, 2020 1:36 PM

Maybe I'm mis-remembering this, but I think the rumor was that she used a fertilized egg she had stored and got pregnant without telling John.

by Anonymousreply 195July 13, 2020 1:43 PM

Nobody should have bio kids after about 45. There are too many risk factors. It's not just women either. A child born to an older father is far more likely have schizophrenia or be on the spectrum.

by Anonymousreply 196July 13, 2020 1:45 PM

I'm so sorry :( RIP Kelly

by Anonymousreply 197July 13, 2020 1:50 PM

Has Kelly Ripa commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 198July 13, 2020 1:53 PM

Has Leah Remini commented?

by Anonymousreply 199July 13, 2020 1:55 PM

Very sad news. I always liked Kelly Preston

by Anonymousreply 200July 13, 2020 1:55 PM

This is so shocking, she's only 57. She was a very decent human being. I feel sorry for John and his kids. Just terrible.

by Anonymousreply 201July 13, 2020 1:57 PM

My grandmother also had a change of life baby in her 40s. My uncle was about the same age as my older brother

by Anonymousreply 202July 13, 2020 1:57 PM

Leah Reminisce has seemed to always have a lot of love for the Travoltas. She has been much harder on Tom Cruise and other celebrity Scientologists. She says John is one of the nicest guys.

by Anonymousreply 203July 13, 2020 1:57 PM

*Remini

by Anonymousreply 204July 13, 2020 1:58 PM

I also follow Celebitchy and those bitches won't touch Travolta love of some dick with a 10 ft pole. They can only comment on how brave she's been. How does anyone with any self-respect ignore the facts (for 30 years) about her husband. Brave but a delusional scientologist.

by Anonymousreply 205July 13, 2020 2:00 PM

Scientology’s wallet really took a hit this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2020 2:01 PM

R206 She wasn't making any money. Travolta will continue to fund them at 100%.

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2020 2:05 PM

Did she get the Jerry McGuire role with connections or as a bonus to signing on with the “church?”

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2020 2:14 PM

Not that I buy into Travolta's heterosexuality for a second but......

He's now been publicly associated with two women who died of breast cancer: Diana Hyland and Kelly Preston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2020 2:25 PM

And the article I shared at R209.....seems to suggest the beginnings of his $ci No interests.

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2020 2:25 PM

Has Lily Tomlin commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2020 2:28 PM

Has Susan Dey commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 212July 13, 2020 2:29 PM

As long as we're telling women not to fuck around with taking estrogen, will somebody please enlighten the MTFs? Thank you.

And BTW, there is an age limit on getting erections too, but you gentlemen seem to have found a way to get around that. Just sayin'.

by Anonymousreply 213July 13, 2020 2:29 PM

[quote]As long as we're telling women not to fuck around with taking estrogen, will somebody please enlighten the MTFs?

Why?

by Anonymousreply 214July 13, 2020 2:30 PM

[quote]As long as we're telling women not to fuck around with taking estrogen, will somebody please enlighten the MTFs?

Too bad nobody told Candy Darling.

by Anonymousreply 215July 13, 2020 2:33 PM

Has Ellen Travolta commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 216July 13, 2020 2:33 PM

My grandpa's brother was a change of life surprise baby- but I've always suspected he was really the oldest daughter's child passed off as a younger sibling.

by Anonymousreply 217July 13, 2020 2:39 PM

My sister got pregnant at age 40 (almost 41) naturally and very quickly, according to her. They decided to have a baby, figured it would take a while and they planned to take some trips, etc. BAM, two weeks after deciding to “try,” she was pregnant. Easy pregnancy and no niece is the healthiest, greatest kid ever.

Our grandmother also had a baby in her 40s, but she had younger kids as well.

I guess people hear stories like this and think it will be easy to have kids later in life.

by Anonymousreply 218July 13, 2020 2:51 PM

R209 Not to mention ONJ waiting in the wings to die for years now. But then again Twist of Fate was poisonous to so many.

by Anonymousreply 219July 13, 2020 2:55 PM

[quote] But then again Twist of Fate was poisonous to so many.

GASP!

by Anonymousreply 220July 13, 2020 2:57 PM

Not to take a long tangent, but did we ever discuss Diana Hyland on the DL?

She had a young son when she got together with John who went on to be abused by his biological father, and apparently John had some role in raising him......did we discuss?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 13, 2020 2:59 PM

R126 I was just going to post something similar! Thats a HIPPA violation and that posters friend - if he/she were any sort of a decent medical professional wouldn't say a word to anyone about it. That is seriously fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 222July 13, 2020 3:05 PM

R112, let your friend know that he or she violated patient confidentiality and HIPAA laws by sharing that information with you. NOT COOL AT ALL. Jerry Maguire is one of my favorite movies and Kelly was very memorable in it. I feel for her family.

by Anonymousreply 223July 13, 2020 3:05 PM

Her real name is Kelly Palzis - she changed it to "Preston" when she was signed for the TV series "For Love and Honor"

by Anonymousreply 224July 13, 2020 3:07 PM

R221 We should also discuss along with that the very special episode of Eight is Enough where Tommy, Willie Ames, finds a long lost early Christmas present she bought for him.

by Anonymousreply 225July 13, 2020 3:11 PM

I forgot all about that late life child.

We've known about the link between hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and breast cancer for ages now. I practically begged my sister not to take it because the risks were well known but she always had to have the latest everything. She died during her second bout with breast cancer at a fairly early age despite excellent and aggressive treatment. It sounds like I'm still angry with her. Maybe I am.

by Anonymousreply 226July 13, 2020 3:13 PM

Has Susan Richardson commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 227July 13, 2020 3:14 PM

R224 I thought her real name was Kelly Smith?

by Anonymousreply 228July 13, 2020 3:23 PM

We did Christine together....

by Anonymousreply 229July 13, 2020 3:29 PM

E! Julia Rancid also did the years of hormones and had the baby and was diagnosed with it too.

by Anonymousreply 230July 13, 2020 3:31 PM

R126

I never repeated anything that I knew, still haven't.

She was being treated in Switzerland at the time.

My best friend died in 2009 at 60 of exactly the same cancer, I was hoping that treatment had improved.

by Anonymousreply 231July 13, 2020 3:35 PM

I was going to mention how Giuliana had a bout with breast cancer after taking lots of hormone treatments to have her son. Fortunately, she beat it.

by Anonymousreply 232July 13, 2020 3:36 PM

R230, Ghouliana Rancid had the baby via surrogate. But she was going through fertility treatments and may have had a miscarriage or two when she got diagnosed with breast cancer.

She should have just used a surrogate from the beginning. She was never going to have a successful pregnancy anyway, because she has an obvious eating disorder.

by Anonymousreply 233July 13, 2020 3:36 PM

R231 - it doesn't matter if you didn't repeat it (which you actually have somewhat here...) what matters is that your "friend" who is a medical professional disclosed that information - that is illegal and seriously fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 234July 13, 2020 3:44 PM

Her birth name is Kelly Smith. Her bio father drowned when she was three, and her mom subsequently married Peter Palzis, whose surname Kelly took. She is credited as “Kelly Palzis” in only a few of her earliest roles, including the 1983 Charles Bronson slasher 10 To Midnight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 13, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]Charlie didn’t shoot her. She was in the bathroom moving a pair of his jeans and his gun fell out of the pocket, went off and the bullet hit the toilet. Her arm was cut on a piece of the shrapnel from the toilet.

[quote]Those who knew the couple tell a different story.

Was she ever lucky!

by Anonymousreply 236July 13, 2020 3:45 PM

Ugh - Shannen Doherty will be next. I doubt she had any fertility treatments.

by Anonymousreply 237July 13, 2020 3:47 PM

She auditioned for the Brooke Shields role in The Blue Lagoon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 13, 2020 3:48 PM

RIP Kelly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Was Isaac Hayes a Scientologist? He was close to the Travoltas and Kelly attended his memorial service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Wow, 2 years is a really short time. Doctors can usually keep them alive longer than that, even once they turn metastatic (and she was treated at MD Anderson in Houston so she had access to the best and most cutting-edge treatments.) She must have had REALLY aggressive disease.

by Anonymousreply 241July 13, 2020 3:52 PM

R240, yes he was. I love his music, but yes.

by Anonymousreply 242July 13, 2020 3:56 PM

Diana Hyland.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243July 13, 2020 3:57 PM

R241 that’s what I was thinking. Even ShanDo has been kicking around for 5 years and hers is no doubt bad too.

by Anonymousreply 244July 13, 2020 3:57 PM

She's fine!

She sends her love!

by Anonymousreply 245July 13, 2020 3:59 PM

Seeing her in their daughter’s Easter IG post is sad. RIP Kelly. Cancer is awful.

by Anonymousreply 246July 13, 2020 4:07 PM

How do we know for sure that she just didn’t become “problematic” and has been confined to Seaorg for the rest of her life? Kelly, send us a sign if they are holding you hostage somewhere!

by Anonymousreply 247July 13, 2020 4:07 PM

R244 - Shannon announced late June that she's stage 4. She doesn't have long.. I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone by Christmas.

As I said upthread There is a specific type of breast cancer that comes on suddenly and is very aggressive. Maybe she has that kind? Or maybe she didn't do chemo due to scientology? OR maybe it wasn't caught in time and it already spread to the point of no return. We just don't know.

As sad as this is, I will be more sad when Shannon passes.

by Anonymousreply 248July 13, 2020 4:10 PM

That is sad news about Shannon. That's 2 of the 90210 gang gone in middle age. One more and they'll be in Glee territory.

by Anonymousreply 249July 13, 2020 4:12 PM

[quote]We did Christine together

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 250July 13, 2020 4:13 PM

[quote]Breast cancer and tumors feed off of estrogen.

There are many different types of breast cancer. Some feed on estrogen and/or other hormones (like progesterone) but many don’t. Hormones do NOT cause all breast cancers.

by Anonymousreply 251July 13, 2020 4:15 PM

[quote]Shannon announced late June that she's stage 4. She doesn't have long.. I wouldn't be surprised if she's gone by Christmas.

Is there any peer reviewed research that links, well, attitude and cancer?

Asking for a friend.

by Anonymousreply 252July 13, 2020 4:17 PM

I hope Candy Spelling will be there for Shannon in her hours of need.

by Anonymousreply 253July 13, 2020 4:19 PM

Isaac Hayes was a hardcore scientologist. He left his iconic role as "Chef" on "South Park" after they ripped on the cult with the Trapped In The Closet episode.

by Anonymousreply 254July 13, 2020 4:21 PM

R254, it pains me because I love his music to this day. But he was a scientology nut. It's a shame.

by Anonymousreply 255July 13, 2020 4:28 PM

So someone on here is really making the Candy Spelling trolling his schtick now? Blocked. No one has time for that.

In 2008, a woman in her 60s carried her own grandchildren because her daughter couldn't carry the offspring herself. That lady is still kicking. Maybe genetics makes it more dangerous for some than others.

by Anonymousreply 256July 13, 2020 4:28 PM

R168 That looks like a ridiculously fun pre-Lifetime network movie. I'm in. I need to find this film online so I can revel in the camp. I live for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 257July 13, 2020 4:28 PM

$ceintos really are dutiful when it comes to quitting a job for the organization. .Michele Stafford left Y&R when they rehired some actor who had left the organization, then she left GH when they did a cult story with some similarities to the organization. Elisabeth Moss walked out of some awards show, I don't recall why, maybe to do with Leah Remini.

by Anonymousreply 258July 13, 2020 4:29 PM

Now Kelly is with the son she and John killed.

by Anonymousreply 259July 13, 2020 4:30 PM

Your wish is my command, r250.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260July 13, 2020 4:30 PM

One kid who died unnecessarily and another disabled and parked somewhere out of sight with 'relatives'. Lovely woman, though.

by Anonymousreply 261July 13, 2020 4:33 PM

r256 I think it's the drugs used to make her produce eggs after her body is getting sluggish about it (due to her age), not necessarily the hormones needed to carry a pregnancy to term.

by Anonymousreply 262July 13, 2020 4:33 PM

On the topic of hormones/estrogen, can you imagine the high dosage that had to use so the MJ from Shahs of the Sunset could push out kid? I picture these treatments occurring at the LA Zoo....

It's a shame about Kelly; aside from the youngest kid, she left a 20 year old daughter. That's way too young to lose your mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263July 13, 2020 4:39 PM

It’s terrible that I do this I know (but it’s DL) but whenever a celebrity or spouse of a celebrity (like Kobe, or Amanda Kloots) dies I keep refreshing their IG to see how fast their followers are spiking. I think Kelly’s have tripled so far.

Yes, I’m very much aware that she would rather be alive. But the world has a morbid fascination I guess.

by Anonymousreply 264July 13, 2020 4:42 PM

A cousin of mine got pregnant at age 44 the natural way, and completely unexpectedly. She thought she was too old to get pregnant. It was the shock of her life.

by Anonymousreply 265July 13, 2020 4:46 PM

John has locked himself in the “massage room” with a “friend” and won’t come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266July 13, 2020 4:49 PM

R265 - my grandmother gave birth at 44. My mom was a senior in high school when she was told she was going to have a baby brother or sister.

That being said - may grandmother also suffered breast cancer. She had her first bout in her early 50's, and when it came back in her late 60's, she passed within a year from it. I miss her so much. She was one of my favorite people on this earth.

She never had any type of fertility treatments obviously - but she did have a late in life pregnancy

by Anonymousreply 267July 13, 2020 4:52 PM

For those of you clutching your pearls about patient confidentiality - people who work in the medical profession are the biggest gossips you will ever know.

by Anonymousreply 268July 13, 2020 4:59 PM

R56 Meg Ryan didn't even have an uncanny resemblance to Meg Ryan in the 90s, so there wouldn't have been a conflict.

by Anonymousreply 269July 13, 2020 5:01 PM

"I think she might have had a bigger career in the 90s if it hadn't been for her uncanny resemblance to Meg Ryan, a much bigger star at the time."

She was much prettier than Meg Ryan ever was

by Anonymousreply 270July 13, 2020 5:04 PM

"As long as we're telling women not to fuck around with taking estrogen, will somebody please enlighten the MTFs? Thank you."

The Breitbart trolls really have to make everything about trans people, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 271July 13, 2020 5:07 PM

They tried to make her a top billing star in the late 90s. She was good actress but best playing a bitch. She was too pretty and symmetrical, she needed a quirk but didn’t have one.

by Anonymousreply 272July 13, 2020 5:09 PM

So this is sad to me because I watched like 3 videos of her children on TikTok. Why Jon Travolta thought it was a good idea to allow his 10-year-old son to have a TikTok is beyond me, but it popped up in my thread. Anyway, she had young children so I imagine it's terribly hard right now.

by Anonymousreply 273July 13, 2020 5:10 PM

"Men were also willing to get married because women didn’t spread their legs wide open on first dates. Why buy the cow when the milk is free?"

Weird to see such far right, misogynistic crap on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 274July 13, 2020 5:11 PM

Should Larry David write the obit?

by Anonymousreply 275July 13, 2020 5:12 PM

Some say that Kelly was of the Lesbyterian persuasia, which would explain why things worked out so well for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 276July 13, 2020 5:13 PM

R267, I'm sorry for the loss of your grandmother. My mom had one (unexpectedly) at 40 and is still going at 68. My paternal grandmother had one (very unexpectedly) at 43, and she lived to 71 (heart attack).

by Anonymousreply 277July 13, 2020 5:23 PM

Man, the clams are really out in force for Kelly. There was some good gossip about them on here a few years. Travolta was ready to leave after Jett died - not just Kelly but Scientology, too. She got pregnant and that the Scieno's threatened to spill all his secrets (and settlements) if he walked. Kelly sounded much more like Travolta's handler than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 278July 13, 2020 5:24 PM

I liked her in Citizen Ruth.

Her career was all downhill for there.

by Anonymousreply 279July 13, 2020 5:25 PM

The man child phenomenon isn’t about easy access to sex.

If given the option, straight men prefer to never grow up. For whatever reason, society has been giving them that option for the past 25-30 years. There are a lot of factors.

I live in a fairly blue collar— yet expensive— suburb of LA. I see a lot of families with SAH Moms and 3-4 children. They start young. It’s like a time warp.

My point is I too would have thought women having children later in life was the norm until I lived here.

by Anonymousreply 280July 13, 2020 5:26 PM

"My point is I too would have thought women having children later in life was the norm until I lived here."

Anecdotal evidence doesn't mean much. Stats show people are waiting longer to have kids. And it's kind of funny to hear gay men call straight men manchildren, since the manchild/peter pan accusations have been thrown at gay men, too

by Anonymousreply 281July 13, 2020 5:28 PM

Poor Kelly, they are dragging Naya’s body out of the lake as we speak, she will now be eclipsed just like Farrah was by Michael Jackson and any light that was shined on her life will now be directed elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 282July 13, 2020 5:29 PM

R280, it's interesting. In the city where I live, it seems like the trend is to marry and have kids after age 30. But in the rural suburbs where I grew up, people knocked each other within a year or two of graduating high school, got married, moved into a house within a couple of miles of their parents, and then shit out another two to three more kids. And in many cases, the mother stays at home, while the father supports the family on a single, blue-collar job paycheck. Somehow they always have new cars and other expensive toys.

by Anonymousreply 283July 13, 2020 5:30 PM

Agree with r272.

by Anonymousreply 284July 13, 2020 5:30 PM

Naya is queen. Ive been listening to her sing "Valerie" and crying for 20 minites.

by Anonymousreply 285July 13, 2020 5:31 PM

R282, it's like Princess Diana and Mother Theresa all over again.

by Anonymousreply 286July 13, 2020 5:31 PM

"But in the rural suburbs where I grew up, people knocked each other within a year or two of graduating high school, got married, moved into a house within a couple of miles of their parents, and then shit out another two to three more kids. And in many cases, the mother stays at home, while the father supports the family on a single, blue-collar job paycheck. Somehow they always have new cars and other expensive toys."

Poorer women tend to have kids at younger ages than middle-class or upper-class ones. I'm from Pennsyltucky so I know plenty of women who got knocked up at 19 or 20. None of them have new cars or "expensive toys" and the women all work because they have to.

by Anonymousreply 287July 13, 2020 5:35 PM

Meg Ryan was a huge Star and didn’t have any quirks — before she fucked her face

by Anonymousreply 288July 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Kelly Preston obviously felt she needed to replace the child who died. Having a kid at that age is a huge risk.

by Anonymousreply 289July 13, 2020 5:40 PM

[quote]For those of you clutching your pearls about patient confidentiality

This place has really gone to the dogs, hasn’t it? Must be all the frauen. If anything, the poster who knew about Preston’s cancer should be chastised for not telling DL right away.

by Anonymousreply 290July 13, 2020 5:43 PM

R39 She was a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 291July 13, 2020 5:47 PM

I disagree, r288. I think Meg became a Star because she *did* have her own quirky appeal.

by Anonymousreply 292July 13, 2020 5:49 PM

R292 physically?

by Anonymousreply 293July 13, 2020 5:50 PM

R283 It's so much cheaper to raise a family on a single blue-collar paycheck in rural America. The cost of living is significantly less. If people in big cities could afford to start families younger and live on one paycheck, they'd probably do it, but it's not economically feasible for most.

by Anonymousreply 294July 13, 2020 5:50 PM

I feel bad for Kelly and John's children, and of course John himself, but Kelly was a piece of work. When Jett was alive, many people in the Disability and Autism community tried desperately to advocate for their son to no avail. Many observed that Kelly herself, labeled Jett as a " Suppressive" and left his care to others. Finally, when he died, people spoke out. Tragic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 13, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote][R168] That looks like a ridiculously fun pre-Lifetime network movie. I'm in. I need to find this film online so I can revel in the camp. I live for this shit.

It really is a hoot of a film.

by Anonymousreply 296July 13, 2020 5:55 PM

Yes, they didn't get much backlash for their lack of treatment for the son. Perhaps this subject should be cross referenced on the active "Celebrities who have gotten a free pass" thread.

by Anonymousreply 297July 13, 2020 5:57 PM

There's a big difference between having a baby in early 40s vs. late 40s. She was 48 or so when she gave birth, maybe 47 when she conceived. Brigitte Nielsen supposedly had a baby at 55; Janet Jackson was 50. This is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 298July 13, 2020 6:04 PM

The older a person gets, the greater the chance of having a retarded child. And this goes for men, too. Older seed can cause retarded kids.

by Anonymousreply 299July 13, 2020 6:41 PM

R295, you missed the post upthread—they did have him on anti seizure medicine but it stopped working. And the parents got him treatment for his autism as well.

by Anonymousreply 300July 13, 2020 6:55 PM

The Scieno stuff was unfortunate, but she seemed like a really lovely person regardless.

by Anonymousreply 301July 13, 2020 7:08 PM

My buttons on the right (WW, FF. etc) have been missing for awhile now.

Does anyone else have this problem?

by Anonymousreply 302July 13, 2020 7:14 PM

Don't you find it amazing that John Travolta managed for years to successfully cover up the illness of his now deceased child and the illness of his now deceased wife, but hasn't managed to cover up his love of the cock?

by Anonymousreply 303July 13, 2020 7:20 PM

[quote]she will now be eclipsed just like Farrah was by Michael Jackson

Kelly was much more famous than some TV actress.

by Anonymousreply 304July 13, 2020 7:28 PM

99% of the population has never heard of that Rivera girl, as sad as her death is. Kelly Preston was around for years, was in some memorable films, and was married to Hollywood royalty.

by Anonymousreply 305July 13, 2020 7:40 PM

She Will Be Loved

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306July 13, 2020 7:41 PM

R305 I'm over 40 & haven't seen any of KP's films.

I'm more familiar with Naya.

by Anonymousreply 307July 13, 2020 7:45 PM

^^Because you're a gay guy who watched Glee. Again, Kelly Preston is much more well-known to the public at large.

by Anonymousreply 308July 13, 2020 7:46 PM

Girls, girls, they’re both dead and very dramatically so, let’s let them be remembered by any and all who want to do so.

by Anonymousreply 309July 13, 2020 7:50 PM

Suck my fucking cock, Mrs. Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 310July 13, 2020 7:52 PM

Ghouliana Rancic is probably shitting herself, she’s been stuffing herself full of chemicals for years to try and have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 311July 13, 2020 8:01 PM

Now that I think about it, John’s decision to finally embrace his baldness could have been his way of supporting Kelly after she inevitably began to lose her hair.

by Anonymousreply 312July 13, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote] she will now be eclipsed just like Farrah was by Michael Jackson

[quote] Kelly was much more famous than some TV actress.

Farrah Fawcett is / was more famous than Kelly Preston.

by Anonymousreply 313July 13, 2020 8:22 PM

One of my favorite campy trashy reads is Marilu Henner's aautobiovraphy "By All Means Keep Moving." The woman has sex with everyone everywhere. The thing that is super duper fishy and annoying - her mom stop references to " Johnny. " They toured in "GREASE" and she says they were inseparable best friends, siblings, lovers for years. She gushed all of their intricacies but makes no going what do ever of his bisexuality or homosexuality. Plus very little mention of his scientology. The way she writes it is that for years they were Bogus & Bacall, Scarlett & Rhett etc. She wrote the book after Travolta was married to Kelly Preston - but no mention of Kelly Preston. Travolta is always having photos and memories with One and Kirstie Alley but never a mention of Marilu Henner. I wonder if Marilu is an SO - SUPRESSIVE PERSON.

by Anonymousreply 314July 13, 2020 8:33 PM

What?

by Anonymousreply 315July 13, 2020 8:39 PM

Ok I wrote the above post. I am on a new tablet and the autocorrect totally mangled my post - please don't rip my face off - I slink away in shame .....

by Anonymousreply 316July 13, 2020 8:39 PM

[quote] Kelly Preston was around for years, was in some memorable films, and was married to Hollywood royalty.

My husband is obsessed with Travolta's movies and when I told him Kelly Preston died, he had no idea who she was. Just because someone is famous doesn't mean their spouse is well known. I struggled to think of any movie she was featured in and couldn't come up with anything.

by Anonymousreply 317July 13, 2020 8:42 PM

John, call me!

by Anonymousreply 318July 13, 2020 8:42 PM

This is so sad. I hope she had a happy life despite her husband being a masseur-molesting homo.

by Anonymousreply 319July 13, 2020 8:47 PM

R33, they should shut down breeding for all over 40. Older men's sperm has high rates of autism, schizophrenia and types of leukemia.

by Anonymousreply 320July 13, 2020 8:49 PM

r316, that's OK, "Bogus & Bacall" was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 321July 13, 2020 8:50 PM

I knew something was up when Travolta quietly sold his Brentwood home to his next-door neighbor earlier this year and then bought a much smaller house in Calabasas. John and Kelly knew she wasn't going to make it and were preparing him for a life alone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 13, 2020 8:50 PM

Why did she stay married to a gay guy for so many years? I mean, she was not one of those homely women who couldn't get a man. I'm sure she could have found a man who was into her. Strange woman.

by Anonymousreply 323July 13, 2020 8:51 PM

R323 $$$$$$$$$$$$$, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 324July 13, 2020 8:57 PM

I wonder if she had triple-negative breast cancer. FWIW, I am a 45-year-old female and have lost 2 friends my age to that specific breast cancer category in the past 5 years. Neither of them had taken fertility hormones, but the cancer came on suddenly, very aggressively, and nothing the doctors could throw at it seemed to make any difference.

One of them had two very young kids (the oldest was 6 at the time) and had hoped--after trying everything under the sun--to be accepted into a clinical drug trial, but once the cancer spread to her liver (about a year after her initial diagnosis), that was pretty much the end.

I hope Kelly's struggle ended peacefully, and my heart goes out to the kids. It's never easy to lose your mom.

by Anonymousreply 325July 13, 2020 9:02 PM

I think "Bogus and Bacall" should be our official nickname for bearded couples and showmances

by Anonymousreply 326July 13, 2020 9:03 PM

Kelly Preston had a very comfortable lifestyle with John Travolta. This is a 2005 Architectural Digest article about their house in Florida, yes, Florida. Anyway, I think JT owned / flew some type of full-sized plane, like a Boeing 707 (six seats, total, across, in economy).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 327July 13, 2020 9:04 PM

I would assume that most straight men who grew up in the 80s would have masturbated to her at some point. She was in a lot of teen movies back then. She bared all in a movie called Mischief, which I watched because it had the awkwardly cute Doug Mckeon. She was more well known for playing moms in her later career.

by Anonymousreply 328July 13, 2020 9:04 PM

Really guys? I know it's a thing to be pointlessly bitchy but you have gone beyond that. It's really disgusting, the comments I'm reading here after someone died. Regardless of her beliefs or standing in the way of John "coming out", can any of you just offer condolences and be respectful? I'm sure you'd want the same for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 329July 13, 2020 9:04 PM

Isn't this also how Dixie Wynn died? She was always promoting steroid usage as a way to stay young.

by Anonymousreply 330July 13, 2020 9:06 PM

r329, you're right, I regretted what I wrote as soon as I sent it.

by Anonymousreply 331July 13, 2020 9:08 PM

so many IVF experts on this board! At 47, there is basically no way she was using her own eggs for a pregnancy -- past a certain point, ovaries cant just be "kick started", no matter how many hormone injections. She likely took a short course of progesterone before and after the transfer of a donor egg embryo and thats it. Same goes for J. Jackson and others pregnant after 43 or so.

by Anonymousreply 332July 13, 2020 9:10 PM

Do you think that was the case for Elizabeth Edwards, r332?

by Anonymousreply 333July 13, 2020 9:12 PM

Also, she could have used hormones/medical intervention to "prime" her ovaries for extracting eggs, then reimplanting after fertilization. That's a thing, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 334July 13, 2020 9:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 335July 13, 2020 9:15 PM

Was Kelly the one that got them into Scientology or was it Travolta?

If it was her, then perhaps he leave and come out now that she's dead.

Or simply just continue as he's been going for decades.

by Anonymousreply 336July 13, 2020 9:18 PM

Americans have a baby /pregnancy obsession that snookers a lot of people into becoming biological parents at all costs. And there's been a resurgence of pressure to have larger families. Families that stop at one or two usually seem healthier and more stable, even accounting for income . Europeans attitude is a bit more pragmatic. If it happens, great, but it's not something that one absolutely must do.

by Anonymousreply 337July 13, 2020 9:19 PM

[quote] I knew something was up when Travolta quietly sold his Brentwood home to his next-door neighbor earlier this year and then bought a much smaller house in Calabasas. John and Kelly knew she wasn't going to make it and were preparing him for a life alone.

R322, I don't think Travolta is preparing for "a life alone." He still has a child under 18, plus, I think he will find someone else. Whether or not he will come out as gay or bisexual, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 338July 13, 2020 9:20 PM

[333] probably also the case for Elizabeth Edwards. [334] that's definitely a thing but what I'm saying is that even with that kind of hormonal intervention, a 47 year old either wouldn't produce any eggs or would produce bad eggs that would not create a viable embryo. Any Reproductive Endocrinologist knows this and a responsible one would strongly urge a 47 year old to use donor eggs. Many would refuse to treat a woman of that age unless they used donor eggs.

That being said, I wasn't her doctor. Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

by Anonymousreply 339July 13, 2020 9:22 PM

R323, because he's A-list. Since 1977, he's always been A-list, even during his career lull in the late 80s. And he's hot. Even in the late 90s, he was still handsome, and if you squinted, you could still see his 1977 face. And he's rich.

by Anonymousreply 340July 13, 2020 9:23 PM

He probably gave the proceeds to Scientology. Tom Cruise did the same thing a few years ago. He sold off almost all of his property and is allegedly letting the clams "manage" his money. This all happened after the cult went really went off the rails and their membership dried up. They're not getting the income they used to get, so are bleeding their stars dry. Suckers...

by Anonymousreply 341July 13, 2020 9:23 PM

R325, is that the type that Angelina Jolie dodged with pro-active surgery?

by Anonymousreply 342July 13, 2020 9:23 PM

Elisabeth Moss will be his next wife/handler. She has to begin pay back for her recent career boon.

by Anonymousreply 343July 13, 2020 9:24 PM

Sorry to somewhat hijack this thread, but I also have to say that "Bogus and Bacall" is brilliant. I think we should try to make it happen.

Carry on....

by Anonymousreply 344July 13, 2020 9:26 PM

"We had it all, just like Bogus and Bacall....."

by Anonymousreply 345July 13, 2020 9:30 PM

We sometimes forget how hot he was at his peak. He was the biggest actor of his generation too. Imagine one of today's A-list actors hooking-up with guys like Travolta did. It seem unimaginable, doesn't it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346July 13, 2020 9:33 PM

She's been dead to me from the waist down for years.

by Anonymousreply 347July 13, 2020 9:39 PM

R325 You lost us at : I am a 45-year-old female.

by Anonymousreply 348July 13, 2020 9:42 PM

R340 Travolta isn’t now or hasn’t been A list since the mid 90s or so. It was thanks to Tarantino that he brought him back nearly from the dead (Look Who’s Talking not withstanding) and got him another Oscar nom. Battlefield Earth sunk his career. He’s only had one bright spot in 20 years and that was The People Vs OJ Simpson. Nicolas Cage and him seem to be in a competition to see who can make the most shitty films currently. Travolta has coasted on four films; Grease, Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy and Pulp Fiction for a long ass time.

by Anonymousreply 349July 13, 2020 9:42 PM

R349, don't forget about FaceOff, Phenonemon, etc...Not great movies, but they were popular.

by Anonymousreply 350July 13, 2020 9:44 PM

Please answer R302.

by Anonymousreply 351July 13, 2020 9:48 PM

R302, my screen looks normal. I just WWed you at R351.

by Anonymousreply 352July 13, 2020 9:51 PM

I had a neighbor who was a $cientologi$t, brilliant man but *very* weird. He got colon cancer and, according to his "religion" treated it with massive doses of Vitamin C. Didn't last long, withered away to a bag of bones.

by Anonymousreply 353July 13, 2020 9:55 PM

I had a neighbor who was a $cientologi$t, brilliant man but *very* weird. He got colon cancer and, according to his "religion" treated it with massive doses of Vitamin C. Didn't last long, withered away to a bag of bones.

by Anonymousreply 354July 13, 2020 9:55 PM

Yeah, John Travolta wasn't *always* A-list. Usually, once you're A-list, you stay A-list. Travolta is the exception. He started out with an explosion (Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Urban Cowboy). Then there were those stupid "Look Who's Talking" movies. Then Quentin Tarantino revived JT's career with the overrated (IMO) "Pulp Fiction." The Gotti movie is / was a money-grab, IMO. Terrible.

by Anonymousreply 355July 13, 2020 10:04 PM

I thought she was the prettiest girl in the world in Twins.

by Anonymousreply 356July 13, 2020 10:06 PM

R352 Are you a paying member?

by Anonymousreply 357July 13, 2020 10:08 PM

"Scientology rocks!" Ca-ching.

But I did like her in "Fat Actress" and "Citizen Ruth".

Didn't Charlie Sheen shoot her in the stomach?

by Anonymousreply 358July 13, 2020 10:12 PM

r337, people aren't having larger families. The birth rate is going down.

by Anonymousreply 359July 13, 2020 10:13 PM

What was her original religion before converting to Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 360July 13, 2020 10:14 PM

Joan Prather got Travolta into Scientology so he was there first. She was a wild child and married to another cute actor before him.

by Anonymousreply 361July 13, 2020 10:15 PM

[quote]R12 Kelly took hormones to get pregnant at age 47. The result: A baby and death from breast cancer.

Is that the autistic one they shut away because they were ashamed of him... and then died without medical attention?

by Anonymousreply 362July 13, 2020 10:23 PM

Pulp Fiction is a wonderful film and if you don't know that, you are a fool. Travolta had a few popular films after Pulp. He is still a movie star in spite of his closeted, Scientology self.

by Anonymousreply 363July 13, 2020 10:27 PM

Pulp Fiction is a wonderful film and if you don't know that, you are a fool. Travolta had a few popular films after Pulp. He is still a movie star in spite of his closeted, Scientology self.

by Anonymousreply 364July 13, 2020 10:27 PM

I am totally opening a bar called “Bogus and Bacall.”

by Anonymousreply 365July 13, 2020 10:28 PM

I thought they only had Jet and their daughter, born after Jet died.

by Anonymousreply 366July 13, 2020 10:29 PM

I thought they only had Jet and their daughter, born after Jet died.

by Anonymousreply 367July 13, 2020 10:30 PM

Jett, daughter, then Jett replacement baby.

by Anonymousreply 368July 13, 2020 10:35 PM

[quote]What was her original religion before converting to Scientology?

Zoroastrianism, Rose.

by Anonymousreply 369July 13, 2020 11:09 PM

Quick reminder: Scientology was too crazy for Charles Manson AND Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 370July 14, 2020 12:22 AM

R327 His plane is an ex-Qantas 707 which he bought and restored. He’s some sort of Qantas ambassador and still flies it out here (Australia) for special events.

by Anonymousreply 371July 14, 2020 12:44 AM

He flies out to Australia to pick up hot twinks who enjoy going "down under"

by Anonymousreply 372July 14, 2020 12:49 AM

[quote] His plane is an ex-Qantas 707 which he bought and restored. He’s some sort of Qantas ambassador and still flies it out here (Australia) for special events.

That must cost an ungodly amount of money. I assume Qantas pays for the fuel?

by Anonymousreply 373July 14, 2020 1:04 AM

Qantas must pay all the fuel costs if he's an ambassador.

by Anonymousreply 374July 14, 2020 1:50 AM

He will never come out as long as he is a clam.

by Anonymousreply 375July 14, 2020 2:37 AM

As easy as Travolta is to dunk on, especially for us gays, I've rarely, maybe never, heard a bad word spoken about him. He appears to be one of the genuinely good guys in Hollywood, and no matter what their marriage was or wasn't behind closed doors, it doesn't mean they didn't love each other.

So, RIP beautiful lady.

by Anonymousreply 376July 14, 2020 2:40 AM

I heard that Travolta had oral sex against Jeff Conaway's will (while he was asleep on set) back in the 70s & it was the cause of Jeff's problems afterwards.

Others have said it happened in the 90s (maybe Conaway forgave him & it happened again later?).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377July 14, 2020 3:11 AM

Jeff Conaway was on "Celebrity Rehab" (Dr. Drew). IMO, JC had tons of problems, starting from childhood. It sounded like JC was the subject of child pron when he was little.

by Anonymousreply 378July 14, 2020 3:39 AM

For some reason her death and the comments on DL have shown me how toxic DL is. Well I've always known DL was toxic, but tried to overlook it. I hope you people are not what you project yourselves to be on DL. Anonymous board, blah blah blah. It really speaks volumes of who are you are human beings.

by Anonymousreply 379July 14, 2020 3:40 AM

*as human beings. BTW, fuck the Oh Dear bitch.

by Anonymousreply 380July 14, 2020 3:41 AM

"As easy as Travolta is to dunk on, especially for us gays, I've rarely, maybe never, heard a bad word spoken about him. He appears to be one of the genuinely good guys in Hollywood, and no matter what their marriage was or wasn't behind closed doors, it doesn't mean they didn't love each other."

You need to have a chat with the masseurs he harassed

by Anonymousreply 381July 14, 2020 3:44 AM

I don’t even know, does Scientology believe in a heaven and hell?

by Anonymousreply 382July 14, 2020 3:47 AM

She was gorgeous but at first I wasn't sure who it was. I thought she was Calvin Klein's wife.

Not to toot my own horn, but I was discussing the problem of women waiting too long to get pregnant a few days ago. I blanked out on what the original topic was but it was starting to be discussed. I want credit!!

A lot of good points have been brought up. Men not wanting to get married. Women wanting everything. You can raise kids without having a ton of money. Hormones shots could be causing problems. And so on and so on.

by Anonymousreply 383July 14, 2020 3:53 AM

I thought if you were $ciento you didn't die.

So are Anne Archer, Travolta, Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman all freaking out and refusing to bury her?

Cuz you know $ciento's don't die right?

by Anonymousreply 384July 14, 2020 4:07 AM

Do they get their own planet, or is that just the Mormons?

by Anonymousreply 385July 14, 2020 4:20 AM

playwright Wendy Wasserstein had invitro treatments to at like 50 and died shortly after giving birth.

Why do they do these treatments on older women if they are a cancer risk?

by Anonymousreply 386July 14, 2020 5:45 AM

I see the clams are here wagging their fingers at us.

by Anonymousreply 387July 14, 2020 8:06 AM

I read her last book when it came out, r386. I liked it so much I researched what else she had written and was horrified to learn she was already dead.

by Anonymousreply 388July 14, 2020 8:10 AM

Did Adrienne Barbeau use fertilization shots to have her twins at 50?

by Anonymousreply 389July 14, 2020 10:30 AM

Remember ‘You'll Never Spa In This Town Again’ by Robert Randolph

by Anonymousreply 390July 14, 2020 1:32 PM

Wow, I just looked up Wendy Wasserstein after seeing her mentioned above. She did IVF in 1999; I don't think much was known about the dangers of the hormones at that point. Also her cancer was lymphoma instead of breast cancer; I'm not sure there's a link between the two.

After Wendy died in 2006 (age 55), her six-year old child was taken in by Wendy's brother, Bruce. Bruce then died in 2009. (Bruce had six kids of his own, and at the time of his death, he was married to Mitch McConnell's sister-in-law.) I don't know where Wendy's kid went at that point, but Wendy's sister died in 2014. At that point, the child had no parents, no siblings, no aunts and uncles. (Wendy didn't publicly identify the bio dad.) That's a lot of instability for a young teenager.

If you're going to have a kid past 40, make sure you have a partner who will take care of the kid if something happens to you. And, if possible, have a second child, so the siblings will have each other.

by Anonymousreply 391July 14, 2020 3:54 PM

R391, I can finish that gossip thread: Wendy left her daughter, Lucy, to be raised by Bruce and his wife, the elegant Frenchwoman Claude Becker. But just two years later, he divorced her — he had knocked up a young business student and simultaneously started dating another woman, whom he would soon remarry— and another year after that, he was dead of a heart attack.

Another ex-wife might have thrown up her hands and said, "This man is no longer my husband, so his niece is no longer my responsibility." But throughout all of that upheaval, Claude remained a steadfast aunt and guardian for Lucy. She loved her as much as she loved her own sons, who were the same age as their cousin, and the three had a happy, private upbringing and education in New York. Lucy is now a junior at Sweet Briar College in Virginia, and appears remarkably well-adjusted. There is no doubt that Claude is the reason.

by Anonymousreply 392July 14, 2020 6:54 PM

R391, agree with what you said except this:

[quote] And, if possible, have a second child, so the siblings will have each other.

by Anonymousreply 393July 14, 2020 7:00 PM

Has Adele Dazeem been reached for comment?

by Anonymousreply 394July 14, 2020 7:07 PM

Is she still dead today, or in Scientology do they rise again in a day or two or three later?

by Anonymousreply 395July 14, 2020 7:09 PM

I had to look up this Wasserstein business, and apparently, Lucy still has an uncle Abner and her grandmother Lola.

[quote] In addition to her daughter, Wasserstein was survived by her mother and three siblings—Abner Wasserstein, businessman Bruce Wasserstein (died in 2009) and Wilburton Inn owner Georgette Wasserstein Levis (died in 2014).

So she's not completely without family.

Also, the Wassersteins (Wendy's mother and father) were rich, so it's not like Lucy is a poor orphan. She probably lives a good life, especially if her mother left her all her money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396July 14, 2020 7:14 PM

One assumes that Lucy came with a nice trust fund and ongoing residuals from the estate to help raise her right?

by Anonymousreply 397July 14, 2020 7:19 PM

Wasserstein had some kind of super secretive fertility treatment. The regular kind didn't work so she tried some new kind and told no one about it.

I read a bio of her. She had a complicated relationship with motherhood. Her mother kept pressuring her to have a baby. (would call daily and say she should have one.) She then tried to have one with William Ivey Long but wouldn't take care of herself physically so she the treatments didn't take. He eventually got fed up with her ambivilence and stopped participating.

Then years later she started this other method on her own.

and yes Adriene Barbeau did have fertility treatments too.

by Anonymousreply 398July 14, 2020 7:33 PM

Do you know exactly what "wouldn't take of herself" entailed, r398. I'm just nosy.

by Anonymousreply 399July 14, 2020 7:38 PM

[quote]Wasserstein had some kind of super secretive fertility treatment. The regular kind didn't work so she tried some new kind and told no one about it.

That's Mother Nature telling you to just give up. Instead these women fuck with their bodies and disaster happens.

by Anonymousreply 400July 14, 2020 8:35 PM

Adrienne Barbeau is 75 years old. Her twins are now 24. She seems to have escaped the fertility drug curse.

by Anonymousreply 401July 14, 2020 9:27 PM

It's a bit hysterical to imply that every woman who has IVF or HRT will develop cancer. People are warned of the risk. Do you think that Mariah, JLo, Celine and others all gave birth to twins at 40 naturally? I get that's the point, but my sister in law has IVF and hormone shots to produce eggs because Huntington's Disease is in her family. Each egg must be genetically tested before it's reimplanted. I say adopt, but she is 32 and they want biological children. Life is a risk.

No one wants to leave their children. Kelly was lovely. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 402July 14, 2020 9:45 PM

Totally agree R402. I was being facetious in my post :-)

by Anonymousreply 403July 14, 2020 9:53 PM

[quote]For some reason her death and the comments on DL have shown me how toxic DL is. Well I've always known DL was toxic, but tried to overlook it. I hope you people are not what you project yourselves to be on DL. Anonymous board, blah blah blah. It really speaks volumes of who are you are human beings.

Then FUCK OFF back to iVillage.

by Anonymousreply 404July 14, 2020 10:03 PM

What is up with these women like her and Elizabeth Edwards who have an older child die, and then desperately try to have a late-in-life pregnancy to replace the dead child?

They would have been better off appropriately grieving and learning to accept their child’s death, rather than trying to force their menopausal body to get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 405July 14, 2020 10:25 PM

[quote]Ghouliana Rancic is probably shitting herself, she’s been stuffing herself full of chemicals for years to try and have a kid.

Ghouliana already had both tits removed in 2012, so she’s pretty much in the clear as far as getting breast cancer again.

by Anonymousreply 406July 14, 2020 10:29 PM

You sound miserable R404.

by Anonymousreply 407July 14, 2020 10:32 PM

She probably voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 408July 14, 2020 10:36 PM

She probably voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 409July 14, 2020 10:36 PM

I think Travolta is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 410July 14, 2020 11:08 PM

He's not

by Anonymousreply 411July 14, 2020 11:55 PM

Kelly was great in this hilarious 1992 episode of Tales From the Crypt:

by Anonymousreply 412July 14, 2020 11:58 PM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413July 14, 2020 11:59 PM

r399 she was flying all around the country doing speeches at colleges and not taking it easy like the doctors suggested. The father felt she was subconsciously sabotaging the treatments and it ended their friendship. He had become excited about the parenting arrangement but felt she didn't really want a child.

by Anonymousreply 414July 15, 2020 12:05 AM

or use a surrogate r405. I'm sure some Scientologist would have been delighted to carry a baby for two of their most famous members.

by Anonymousreply 415July 15, 2020 12:07 AM

Will Travolta come out now? Or will Scientology not allow him to?

His film career is over and now Preston has passed away there is no reason to stay in the closet any longer. It would be such a relief to him.

by Anonymousreply 416July 15, 2020 12:15 AM

Kelly Preston was never pregnant at 47. They used a surrogate.

by Anonymousreply 417July 15, 2020 12:17 AM

[quote] What is up with these women like her and Elizabeth Edwards who have an older child die, and then desperately try to have a late-in-life pregnancy to replace the dead child? They would have been better off appropriately grieving and learning to accept their child’s death, rather than trying to force their menopausal body to get pregnant.

What's even sadder is that these women had children who survived the deaths of their siblings. I.e., the parents were not childless after the deaths. Did the surviving sibling(s) feel like they weren't enough?

by Anonymousreply 418July 15, 2020 12:47 AM

I knew a couple whose son died in a car accident. The son was in the car with his father, and the father survived. They have another son, but nothing fills the void. They ended up adopting a a girl from Pakistan. Even years after that, the mother was always the saddest looking woman I had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 419July 15, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote]Kelly Preston was never pregnant at 47. They used a surrogate.

Are you saying she faked her pregnancy? She's not Janet Jackson, or Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 420July 15, 2020 1:19 AM

R420, she never appeared pregnant in public; used a surrogate so there was no pregnancy to fake. They announced the birth of their son, and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 421July 15, 2020 1:22 AM

Why do you think she wasn't seen in public when she was pregnant? Here's a photo of her pregnant in 2010.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 15, 2020 2:06 AM

Maybe she just stuffed a pillow in her dress like Nicole Kidman and Beyonce did

by Anonymousreply 423July 15, 2020 2:19 AM

Possibly a prosthesis. Angelina Jolie and Beyonce have been accused of faking pregnancies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424July 15, 2020 2:20 AM

I think if she was faking she would have chosen a more flattering profile. She definitely looks pregnant here, in terms of her face and massive bosom growth.

Did someone say upthread that she had frozen embryos and used one?

I think sometimes grieving parents want their surviving child to have a sibling. Or to bring back some joy into their lives.

Losing a child is hell on earth, so I tend to not judge how they handle themselves.

by Anonymousreply 425July 15, 2020 2:54 AM

Young John Travolta was something to behold. Gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 426July 15, 2020 2:55 AM

Reminder: Travolta and Kelly Preston were the first "Bogus and Bacall".

Who are some other Bogus and Bacalls? Hugh Jackman and that Debra woman? The former Mr. Tom Cruise and Mimi/Nicole/Katie?

by Anonymousreply 427July 15, 2020 3:00 AM

r427, Aaron Rodgers and Danica Patrick!

by Anonymousreply 428July 15, 2020 3:02 AM

She seemed like a lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 429July 15, 2020 3:02 AM

r427

Bogus and Bacalls:

Tom Sell eck and Jillie

;;;George and Ahh-Maul

by Anonymousreply 430July 15, 2020 3:07 AM

I loved that episode as a kid, R413. Also loved Twins and she was very pretty in both.

by Anonymousreply 431July 15, 2020 3:10 AM

r64 She wasn't hurt or embarrassed by tabloids. She was a scientologist who probably hadn't stepped into a supermarket in 30 years. The Travoltas live like billionaires. And she had a (most likely) very satisfying love life of her own independent of the marriage. It wasnt a secret.

Kelly Preston won life. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 432July 15, 2020 3:39 AM

[quote]Kelly Preston won life.

Except she lost about 25 more years of it.

by Anonymousreply 433July 15, 2020 3:41 AM

Do Scientologist have cemeteries or do they just do burial’s at sea off Seaorg?

by Anonymousreply 434July 15, 2020 3:42 AM

I remember Travolta being on Oprah talking about how he works out with his trainer at like 2 AM or so.

Preston called into the show and complimented Travolta on his new body (he was thin then) but it was like she was a stranger who rarely saw him. Where was she during his nightly workouts with the trainer.

by Anonymousreply 435July 15, 2020 4:02 AM

Maybe in the future people will just be able to clone a departed child.

by Anonymousreply 436July 15, 2020 4:11 AM

Bogus and Bacall = Patrick Swayze and Jilly Mack

by Anonymousreply 437July 15, 2020 4:58 AM

Jilly Mack is married to Tom Selleck r437

by Anonymousreply 438July 15, 2020 5:01 AM

The Bogus and Bacall thing only works if they're both famous. Like Tom and Nicole. Or Mike Nichols and Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 439July 15, 2020 5:04 AM

Courtney B. Vance and Angela Bassett always seem a little lavender to me.

by Anonymousreply 440July 15, 2020 5:06 AM

r439, I think they both have to be actors as well.

by Anonymousreply 441July 15, 2020 5:07 AM

Will and Jada.

by Anonymousreply 442July 15, 2020 1:30 PM

Is it the third day? Did she rise?

by Anonymousreply 443July 15, 2020 2:15 PM

Even Ms. Streisand has warm words for Kelly Preston.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444July 17, 2020 5:43 AM

[quote] Ghouliana already had both tits removed in 2012, so she’s pretty much in the clear as far as getting breast cancer again.

Apparently doctors found a breast on her lump.

by Anonymousreply 445July 17, 2020 11:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!