Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Formula 1 2020: Gather Round, F1 Fans!

For new and non fans, the Netflix documentaries covering the 2018 and 2019 are excellent introductions to the F1 drivers, teams and sport.

More than a few drivers are hot by DL standards. A combination of a necessarily wiry physique and predominantly Latin and Germanic heritage means hard bodies and Big Dick Face abounds. And the fact that the majority were born into the sport means their fathers married models.

After a disastrous start to the season we are 2 races in after 2 weekends in bucolic Austria with Mercedes, Valtteri Botas, Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes leading. What am am enjoying is how strong the middle pack is. A combination of talented drivers in middling to surprisingly good cars has meant some great racing behind the leaders.

What I am hating is the Sky UK presenters. I am not in Britain and this is my first experience of this commentary team and their collective hard on for Mr Geri Halliwell is getting old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2020 5:26 PM

idk but that is bdf if i've ever seen it.

by Anonymousreply 1July 12, 2020 6:17 PM

Who's the hottie pictured in the OP?

by Anonymousreply 2July 12, 2020 6:19 PM

He is the Australian Daniel Ricciardo.

by Anonymousreply 3July 12, 2020 10:54 PM

Ricciardo is a funny bloke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 12, 2020 11:21 PM

2020 opening titles and theme song!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 30, 2020 11:59 PM

Mercedes AMG boss and hot daddy Torger "Toto" Wolff

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 31, 2020 12:00 AM

The bad news: Sergio Checo Perez of Racing Point returned to Mexico between races to visit his mother and after arriving in Silverstone for the British Grand Prix, he has been diagnosed with COVID-19. He’s the first person in the paddocks to get it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 31, 2020 9:43 AM

The good news: German hottie Nico Hülkenberg, who has the misfortune to be the F1 driver with the most races and zero podiums, is tipped to drive in his seat. He is one of the few drivers with a Super License. Despite his record, Hulk is actually very fast and highly regarded by his peer as one of the very best out there so this is good news for him and for the team Racing Point, who copied last year’s Mercedes and as such are running the second best car in the field.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 31, 2020 9:52 AM

I’m the only person posting in this thread but I have to vent about how fucking intense those last 2 laps at the British Grand Prix were. Valtteri Bottas’ front left tyre blows up and he has to pit, putting him from 2nd to 11th. Halfway through the last lap his teammate Lewis Hamilton’s tyre blows left types blows up and he limps to first place driving on his rims ahead of Max Verstappen who had a tyre change in the second last lap in order to drive the fastest lap which earns one bonus point.

Moral of the story: Pirelli should stick to calendars.

Also! Nico Hülkenberg? Didn’t even get to the starting line as the car wouldn’t start.

by Anonymousreply 9August 2, 2020 3:11 PM

Seb Vettel’s thicc German ass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10August 15, 2020 5:31 PM

I have the biggest crush on Lando Norris. I think he may be the gay one in the sport. Lando or George Russell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11August 15, 2020 5:56 PM

I personally think Ricciardo is overcompensating.

I would have thought the same for Lewis Hamilton but I know a model who fucked him. He’s not gay, just weird. Big uncut cock.

by Anonymousreply 12August 15, 2020 6:04 PM

The Normandy house of French forest sprite/Alpha Tauri driver Pierre Gasly was robbed of watches, clothes, jewellery and memorabilia during the 3 weeks of racing in Silverstone and Barcelona

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13August 18, 2020 2:51 PM

Excuse me r11........well really!!

by Anonymousreply 14August 18, 2020 2:57 PM

Alex Albon, whose junior career was financed by his con-artist mother who did hard time, looks like a ladyboy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 19, 2020 11:49 AM

George Russell’s nickname as a junior was “Princess”. He has a Kenneth Williams vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16August 19, 2020 11:50 AM

I read gay rumors on a German tabloid comment section about Ralf Schumacher, Germans are much more careful to spread such infos, so there tends to be even more to it, than on American websites, that he hangs a lot with gays and is in the gay scene quite a bit, was married with kid to some German skank, who I guess had a family that was quite interested in the money and she had not good job prospects, maybe also worked as a prostitute before that; German media, which is very PR-friendly, also reported on affairs she had during the relationship.

I read gay rumors about Ayrton Senna as well. Race car drivers, especially in Formula 1 and similar, tend to be very short, so that makes them probably more attractive to ephebephiles and hebephiles, I read a post on dl several months ago from a poster who was in the formula circuit a bit and spent some time at the races, and he said there was a lot of preying of older men on drivers at the races. Adrian Sutil may have a thing for prepubescents, besides adults. The lack of height can increase the risk of such deviancies, I guess. Read some gay rumors about Jacques Villeneuve as well. George Lucas, who is a huge race car fan, has pervy rumors as well, Kelsey Grammer, I saw at a race as well, has tryishsexual rumors. I guess there are many womanizers who have been abused growing up, and it can lead to oversexualization, the main reporter for Formula 1 in Germany, Kai Ebel, seems to have been quite a womanizer, and he hails from Mönchengladbach, as many German sports people, the city may have had quite a big child and teen abuse problem.

by Anonymousreply 17August 19, 2020 1:00 PM

Interesting info, r17. Ralf's son David Schumacher is currently failing in Formula 3 and just today has left his shitty team. Back in the 90s in high school my German teacher sniffed that gossiping about the peccadillos of the famous isn't really done in German tabloids and they leave that to the English.

All the successes in Formula 1 came through competing in karting from age 8 or younger. It is a very expensive and time consuming hobby and parents have to raise hundreds and thousands by the time the drivers are in their early teens, and millions per year once they reach regional Formula 3. They would in the adult world of media and sponsors scarily young.

Jacques Villeneuve was in Jeffrey Epstein's black book, as was arch Belfast cunt Eddie Irvine. Given the travelling circus aspect of Formula 1, the erstwhile Pit Girls and the millions made in corporate entertaining, the teams would all be up to their ears in models(/hookers) in each port.

by Anonymousreply 18August 19, 2020 5:56 PM

R17 Any word on how Michael is doing? His treatment must cost millions per year.

by Anonymousreply 19August 20, 2020 7:33 AM

The latest rumour is that Princess Charlene of Monaco is fucking Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton. I'm guessing at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 20August 20, 2020 2:11 PM

George Russell is so very fey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 23, 2020 2:46 PM

R21 I was thinking the same thing when I saw hi post on IG.

I'd let him have his way with me.

by Anonymousreply 22August 23, 2020 5:26 PM

I can’t get over George Russel’s hair. He cut it before Silverstone but he still looks like a Lego figure.

by Anonymousreply 23August 23, 2020 6:59 PM

Vettel, Hamilton and Ricciardo are the hottest ones. Don't get why everyone has a boner for Max. He looks like a rodent.

by Anonymousreply 24August 26, 2020 12:16 PM

Ricciardo is the hottest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25August 26, 2020 12:28 PM

R25 I called dibs. Hands off.

by Anonymousreply 26August 26, 2020 2:01 PM

Daniel Ricciardo has the best qualities of being Australian (cheerful, outgoing) and Italian (great hair, fast driver, BDF) and none of the bad ones (far too many to list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 26, 2020 4:09 PM

That Pierre Gasly win was very sweet after having one of the worst years of his life. Happy that my cute little Lando got P4.

by Anonymousreply 28September 6, 2020 8:33 PM

Just discovered this thread.

Max V is stunning! My god, he’s beautiful.

I’m losing interest because team Ferrari is screwing the pooch. Big time. Anything that can go wrong has. Brakes?? How the fuck do your brakes get screwed up?

It’s clear Vettel is just waiting for the season to end. Hard to say if it is the cars that aren’t up to par or he has just given up. WTF was LeClerc thinking that he smashed into the wall?

Ugh, the season should end now.

Charles is attractive as well. So is Sainz. They’ll be a pair of cuties for the Scuderia next year.

At least this race was free from the McLarens’ anywhere near the podium.

by Anonymousreply 29September 6, 2020 8:54 PM

Can someone explain, especially in the light of today's events, why Sainz wanted to switch to Ferrari? Their cars are terrible, the atmosphere in the team is toxic, they treat their drivers like shit. What made him unhappy at McLaren?

Also, can we give Russell a merc seat right now? My heart breaks for him.

by Anonymousreply 30September 6, 2020 11:56 PM

Even a shitty Ferrari team (this year) is still a FERRARI team, R30.

They are the standard in Formula 1. Which is why if the Scuderia Ferrari does well, all of F1 Does well.

I don’t know what happened this year but they are obviously struggling.

Any driver out there would give his left nutsack to belong in that team.

And they choose you, you don’t choose them.

by Anonymousreply 31September 7, 2020 12:06 AM

R31 well, Vettel clearly can't wait to get out. I hope Sainz achieves great results there.

by Anonymousreply 32September 7, 2020 9:48 AM

R28 I really wanted that podium for Lando. Would have been sweet for him and Carlos to share it before they part ways.

by Anonymousreply 33September 7, 2020 9:55 AM

Did you hear there's going to be some sort of 8 part mini-series on Netflix about Senna?

by Anonymousreply 34September 7, 2020 10:56 AM

Didn’t they already have the movie about him? With Chris Hemsworth and Daniel whatever his last name is?

by Anonymousreply 35September 7, 2020 5:01 PM

P35..No, they have a documentary on him. You're thinking of the movie about Hunt and Lauda.

by Anonymousreply 36September 7, 2020 5:55 PM

Ah, yes, thank you, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37September 7, 2020 6:57 PM

R34 Netflix also has a doc on Williams, it's interesting, and a bit sad, especially now that they've left F1.

I haven't watch a race for years, not since Canal+ got the right to broadcast it in France, I refuse to finance french football 1st ligue, and it's super expensive anyway, I'll wait for Netflix summary and whatever they post on YT.

by Anonymousreply 38September 8, 2020 5:29 AM

So Checo Perez is leaving Racing Point. Looks like Vettel to RP in 2021 is a go?

by Anonymousreply 39September 9, 2020 11:11 PM

And just in time for Sebastian Vettel, at his most bitchy and most German, to upstage Ferrari at Mugello for the 1000th. Perfecto! I am pleased, anything to stick it to the Scuderia clowns.

Although I like Checo, he's a very good driver and it sucks especially because as all his Mexican Claro sponsorship money rescued so many jobs at Force India. Maybe he will take his money and go to replace Albon at RedBull. Or go to Haas - a North American driver will be a good selling point for that team.

by Anonymousreply 40September 10, 2020 5:27 AM

Confirmed: Seb in racing green in "2021 and beyond"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41September 10, 2020 7:42 AM

R40 I hope not. Albon needs a chance to prove himself at Red Bull. I'm really rooting for him. Checo is welcome to replace Grosjean.

by Anonymousreply 42September 10, 2020 8:52 AM

Ugh, I hate Albon. He drives as if he is still in Formula 3 with his spastic overtakes and he doesn't have the mental fortitude to deal with the psycho RedBull management. Plus he has the number 2 car with test parts whilst Max Verstappen gets the good stuff. If Daniel Ricciardo, who is an acknowleged excellent driver, couldn't handle a shitty car...

But basically I hate everyone even tangentially involved in RBR with the exceptions of Verstappen and Pierre Gasly.

by Anonymousreply 43September 10, 2020 9:21 AM

Do you think Claire and Frank leaving has affected Russell's loyalty to Williams? Will he feel less guilty when he gets that phone call from Mercedes? It must be hard for him seeing his mates Albon and Norris driving better cars when he is a better driver.

by Anonymousreply 44September 10, 2020 9:52 AM

Russell was gagging to leave Williams next year and was releasing statements stating "my future is in Claire's hands" so when Mercedes kick Bottas to the curb in 2022 he'll happily jump ship.

by Anonymousreply 45September 10, 2020 11:46 AM

Daniel Ricciardo is hilarious but I bet secretly dreading having to bro out on screen with Lando Norris next year. He was lowkey irritated when Lando came to upstage his post-race chat on Sky and hit his shin. That free use of a McLaren will make up for anything.

I with hate grown men who act like 12-year-olds but that schtick is very popular. If Lando gets significant screentime on Drive To Survive on Netflix his popularity with fangirls will explode.

by Anonymousreply 46September 10, 2020 11:56 AM

R46 I think Lando and Danny Ric can both co-exist as popular drivers on the same team without competing for the spotlight. Their humour is aimed at different target audiences. And I don't think Lando's popularity with fangirls can get any bigger. Not that he's taking advantage of his popularity with girls anyway, unless he's secretly shagging someone.

I actually can't wait for these two to do interviews together. Bring on more crotch-related jokes!

by Anonymousreply 47September 10, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote] I think Lando and Danny Ric can both co-exist as popular drivers on the same team without competing for the spotlight

Not possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48September 10, 2020 2:22 PM

R48 Well, the Hamilton/Rosberg relationship and team dynamic was vastly different. Both Daniel and Lando are hungry for a win, but I don't see their egos getting in the way of their friendliness towards each other. Which you could tell was a bit of an issue with Carlos. Despite the banter and camaraderie those two do not always get along.

by Anonymousreply 49September 10, 2020 2:44 PM

[quote]I don't see their egos getting in the way of their friendliness towards each other

It's funny to me how F1 fandom thinks it will be pillow fights and sleepovers with these two.

Comapred to the young talent in their early 20s, Ricciardo is OLD and reasonably unsuccessful. He's 31 (the same age as Nico Rosberg was when he won and retired) and McLaen will be in his 3rd team in 4 years in search of his elusive championship. This is not a good look. Ferrari and Mercedes didn't want him. Consider his contemporaries: they are either multi-WDCs (Hamilton, Vettel) or pretty much don't stand a chance even if they are lucky enough to get a seat (Hulk, Checo, Bottas, Grosjean). Unfortunately for Ricciardo, his new teammate is all of 20.

Lando Norris isn't wry, podiumless German Nico Hülkenberg or unpopular Esteban Ocon or edgy Max Vertappen guided by his psycho dad. He's the son of one of Britain's richest men, is confident, personable and very savvy at playing paddock and media politics. And he's oddlt bitchy in his comments about other drivers and teams but gets away with it for being young and cute and marketing himself as a video-game-obsessed, milk-drinking, derpy 20-year-old who can't find a girlfriend (sure, Jan).

Their interactions have the same polite jollity that Lando has with Carlos Sainz.

by Anonymousreply 50September 10, 2020 3:48 PM

R50 Lando is rich? I had no idea, I thought the only rich kid was Lance Stroll, I wonder if Vettel will be n°1 or n°2 behind Lance at Race Point... That's would be ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 51September 10, 2020 4:15 PM

R50 no one is expecting cutesy hand-holding from them, but is the Rosberg/Hamilton level of toxicity likely? Unlike them, Lando and Daniel are at different stages of their careers. And no amount of politics or popularity will help Lando if he doesn't improve as a driver. I hope for their sake that competitiveness will not lead to animosity.

It is, unfortunately, the nature of this sport where teammates are always being pitted against each other by their own team, and someone has to play second fiddle. I mean, name a current team where things are lovey-dovey.

by Anonymousreply 52September 10, 2020 4:16 PM

R51 rich is a relative concept. Lando's dad is worth 200 million, while Daddy Stroll has 2.5 billion. Still, calling Lando a pay driver would be stretch.

by Anonymousreply 53September 10, 2020 4:19 PM

R53 no wonder why they bought Force India, the previous owner was in the way.

What do you guys think of the return of Alonso next year at Renault/Alpine?

by Anonymousreply 54September 10, 2020 4:35 PM

[quote][R50] no one is expecting cutesy hand-holding from them, but is the Rosberg/Hamilton level of toxicity likely?

Bringing up Rosberg was a joke because I was longing to use that cheesy fucking picture. However, I don't honestly expect a bromance and people ARE expecting cutesy hand-holding. And we will get it as McLaren are likely to present them as BFFs in front of the camera with planned practical jokes, memes and dirty jokes galore but will at best be polite and mistrustful colleagues in reality. If Ricciardo is in another underperforming car or if Norris out performs him, he is basically fucked.

Rosberg and Hamilton only turned toxic once Rosberg acted against type and went full Schumacher by using any and all tricks to win a championship. It took 3 years and sapped his lifeblood but hey, eventually it worked. And the reason it went so toxic is because they were previously best friends. The friendship of Gasly and Ocon didn't survive 5 years after they started karting. If Russell and Norris compete on the same team we may see the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 55September 10, 2020 4:55 PM

R55 McLaren found a marketing goldmine in Ricciardo and Norris. Can't blame them if they milk it.

by Anonymousreply 56September 10, 2020 5:06 PM

[quote]What do you guys think of the return of Alonso next year at Renault/Alpine?

Not happy about the name change (another 'A' team?) but he will be a galvanising presence. (I'm guessing Aston Martin are aiming for the same effect with Seb.) And it's only a 2 year contract which will free up a space for Gasly or Christian Lundgaard in the not to distant future.

The team was on Ocon's case in Monza for getting philosophical about his performance on the team radio after the race. They told him to shut up twice which is funny because in a year's time Alonso will be there giving zero shits and screaming at them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57September 10, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote][R55] McLaren found a marketing goldmine in Ricciardo and Norris. Can't blame them if they milk it.

It's the way of the world. Lewis Hamilton was the first F1 driver who established himself as an International Celebrity Athlete. Norris will be F1's first Gen Z Influencer.

On a kind of similar note, Pippa Middleton's husband is now James Matthews is now a director of Williams. I wonder if he will parachute her brother James Middleton, a depressed marshmallow entrepreneur who decorated gift boxes with Nazi ephemera, into a cushy role. Something minor, but visible. Like he could be the media guy who holds the umbrella whilst Nicholas Latife is interviewed in the outdoor press conference.

by Anonymousreply 58September 10, 2020 5:29 PM

Kvyat needs to perform a fucking miracle at Mugello. His future at AT does not look very bright, especially if Albon gets demoted.

By the way, I completely missed the whole baby mama drama. What happened there?

by Anonymousreply 59September 10, 2020 5:35 PM

R59 whose's baby mama drama?

by Anonymousreply 60September 10, 2020 6:10 PM

R60 Kvyat and his gf separated right after having a baby. There was some drama with unfollowing and deleting posts on IG, rumors of his cheating, her partying etc.

by Anonymousreply 61September 10, 2020 6:15 PM

She is a Piquet, to boot

by Anonymousreply 62September 10, 2020 6:27 PM

Nice of Ferrari to show up this year, eh? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 63September 10, 2020 6:37 PM

R63 L'important c'est de participer : this year Ferrari's motto (not Pierre de Coubertin)

by Anonymousreply 64September 10, 2020 6:42 PM

R58 Hiring a Middleton for a visible role would be the wrong move if F1 is genuinely trying to become more accessible to fans and not seem like Rich Daddy & Nepotism Inc. that they are. Give the guy an office job, but please keep him away from the paddock.

by Anonymousreply 65September 10, 2020 7:33 PM

R57 the name change from Renault to Alpine makes more sense for french people, who still remember the Alpine cars, Renault is trying to restart the brand for a couple of years, but are having difficulties selling Alpine cars, they could really do with some publicity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66September 10, 2020 7:42 PM

[quote] Kvyat needs to perform a fucking miracle at Mugello.

It has been a competitive season in Formula 2. Yuki Tsunoda is the best of the Red Bull juniors in F2 and will have a post season test with Alpha Tauri. So we shall see.

Likewise at Alfa Romeo, Calum Ilot, Mick Schumacher and Robert Shwartzman are raring to go from the Ferrari Driver Academy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67September 11, 2020 2:03 AM

Ferrari are cosplaying as Gryffindors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68September 11, 2020 7:42 AM

This press conference is all kinds of awkward and painful. Emotional Checo, bitchy Seb, nervous Albon. I'd love to hear their internal monologues after the news broke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69September 11, 2020 8:44 AM

Eat a sandwich

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70September 11, 2020 5:25 PM

R70 I was wondering when a shirtless George would make an appearance again! LOL

Being so tall for an F1 driver really must suck. Unlike Lando or KMag, he can't afford to get a little chunky.

by Anonymousreply 71September 11, 2020 7:03 PM

Gasly knocked out in Q1:

“Non, putain!”

by Anonymousreply 72September 12, 2020 1:21 PM

Today's results are interesting in terms of Albon/Gasly swap. Franz Tost said that they will make the decision around late October or early November. Horner waxing rhapsodic about Albon means shit, as we know.

by Anonymousreply 73September 12, 2020 5:17 PM

Scuderia Ferrari threw a gala in Florence last night celebrating 1000 races. The guests of honor were seated, in socially distanced individual seats in the style of an examination hall, on a stage in what appears to be the Piazza Della Signora. Mattia Binotto was perched on the left. Sebastian Vettel held a poker face on the right. Charles LeClerc looked like a squirming child separating them.

And then the dance occurred. And the fancam parodies are coming thick and fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74September 13, 2020 11:46 AM

What is it with Italian GPs and red flags? Anyone watching this hot mess?

by Anonymousreply 75September 13, 2020 3:22 PM

Albon on the podium! He got the message loud and clear.

No points for Russell. He must be gutted.

by Anonymousreply 76September 13, 2020 3:35 PM

Blah, another Hamilton win. Happy for Albon even though I was hoping Riccairdo would hold on for third.

by Anonymousreply 77September 13, 2020 3:49 PM

Looks like RedBull have learned their lesson and Albon is getting the kid gloves treatment denied to Gasly. Albon should be thanking his lucky stars Verstappen’s car barely got off the grid.

Actually that was a deserved win for Lewis Hamilton. He bottled it on the first lap and but never let the 2 restarts fuck with his game. He played the final 10 laps like a song, letting Bottas waste his tires playing catch-up and held him off until snatching fastest lap second last.

I like Bottas but LOL at him trying to dictate tire strategy.

by Anonymousreply 78September 13, 2020 4:29 PM

Does everyone watch the Sky commentary? I was hoping for a Daniel Ricciardo podium mostly so I wouldn’t have to hear David Croft making the same tedious joke about (hot daddy) Cyril Abiteboul getting a tattoo of Ricciardo’s choosing every fucking lap. There were 13+ drivers there doing their thing but let’s talk about googling tattoo parlours in Tuscany.

Stupid Crofty, bitter Scottish cunt Paul Di Resta and humourless fanboy Karun Chandhok all need to be replaced. They manage to make Simon Lazenby look vital and competent.

by Anonymousreply 79September 13, 2020 4:39 PM

Yeah, fuck Sky. Mick Schumacher did some laps in his father’s F2004. The V10 was so fucking loud and gorgeous but did they show it? Of course not, they replayed interviews from the Red Bull garage 🙄

by Anonymousreply 80September 13, 2020 4:54 PM

Looks like Russell might have caused the crash.

by Anonymousreply 81September 13, 2020 4:58 PM

R81 which crash? there was so many, why did they restart a 3rd time, I only saw 2 big crash, the Mugello circuit cannot get the safety car to lead the pack?

R79 Lucky you, you can switch off the sound, I followed the race on twitter because I don't want to pay 20€ per month to have Canal+, that's too expensive for just one channel, and I would have missed half the race as they change the race of channel mid race to put some football on.

by Anonymousreply 82September 14, 2020 11:49 AM

R82 it was a chain of events really that caused the pile-up. It's explained a little better here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 14, 2020 12:46 PM

Michael Masi is a disaster compared to Charlie. The restart was a disaster because of the rules and not because of Bottas who was well within his rights. Someone could get killed.

by Anonymousreply 84September 14, 2020 3:42 PM

Damn, you bitches are real gearheads. My ex was a motorsports fan and I used to enjoy the F1 medal ceremonies. You get to hear different national anthems and watch guys spray each other with champagne.

Also, Alonso is hot.

by Anonymousreply 85September 14, 2020 5:21 PM

^ That he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86September 14, 2020 6:26 PM

R85 You’ll be happy to know that Alonso is coming back next year.

And you can always watch F1 just for the eye candy alone. You’ve got your cute, slightly nerdy British twinks (George Russell is allergic to shirts, so check out his IG), hot daddies and various sexy accents. Also, some of the drivers have the hottest trainers. You should watch Formula 1: Drive to Survive.

by Anonymousreply 87September 14, 2020 8:11 PM

Bumping to inform y’all I had a very intense sex dream about Kimi Raikkonen. He was about to be arrested in his home for, um, apparently having sex with a relative (I had watched SVU the night before) and in his anxiety led me to an orangerie and we made desperate love. Sad to report Dream Kimi did not have a good body, very skinny.

by Anonymousreply 88September 18, 2020 6:17 PM

The hotness of Daniel Ricciardo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 18, 2020 6:27 PM

R88 Ferrari has upgraded your fantasy to blindfolded Leclerc and Vettel. You are welcome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90September 18, 2020 9:03 PM

R90 "Formula one management blocked this video to be seen on this website, watch it on YT directly" I had no fucking idea it was possible to block a YT vid to play on DL, WTF!!

by Anonymousreply 91September 19, 2020 7:28 AM

R90 thank you for that. Will certainly add Vettel to the fantasy bank of sacked Ferrari drivers. He will be blindfolded. And possibly in a harness.

And as for the likely possibility LeClerc joining their ranks, it will likely occur in about 2024 when he is summarily replaced by Callum Ilott, Robert Shwartzman or Mick Schumacher.

by Anonymousreply 92September 19, 2020 2:09 PM

I loved all those scenes of Esteban Ocon working out on Drive To Survive. He reminds me of my boyfriend as a teen 🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93September 20, 2020 7:39 AM

Kimi KIMIIII

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94September 22, 2020 6:29 AM

Ahead of the Russian Grand Prix in Sochi, failed F1 driver Vitaly Petrov has revealed he is not into F1’s We Race As One policy:

[quote] I don't understand the kneeling because, according to our traditions, a man kneels only in two cases - in a place of worship before God & when you propose to your future wife.

Fair enough.

Then he said…

[quote]In Russia, there is a different mentality. We do not have the racial problem that Hamilton is talking about. And what if one of the drivers comes out as gay? Will they go out with a rainbow flag & urge everyone else to become gay?

What an utterly unsurprising comment. Keep on Russianing, Russian. And who knew that Lewis Hamilton is encouraging everyone to hit the tanning beds and become black?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95September 24, 2020 10:50 AM

R95 Russia doesn't have a racial problem? Hilarious coming from a white man. Russia treats its ethnic (especially Muslim) minorities like trash. But I get what he means about taking a knee. In Russia, getting on your knees is seen as admission of guilt or as a sign of humiliation.

And I'm not at all surprised he's an ignorant homophobe. Could be a question of deflection though. There have been gay rumours about him for years. He's always refused to talk about his private life or even say if he had a girlfriend. Surprisingly, he got married last month at the ripe old age of 36.

Not all Russian men are homophobes, by the way. Have Markelov or Kvyat ever said anything about gay rights?

by Anonymousreply 96September 24, 2020 12:24 PM

They have minorities is Russia? Putin's politic has a huge impact on the immigration in Europe (see Syria), but they don't run to Russia for safety...

Who will watch the doc Fernando on Prime Video, it's out today? I don't have Prime and I would like to know if it's worth it before joining...

by Anonymousreply 97September 25, 2020 4:29 AM

[quote] They have minorities is Russia?

LOL, yes

by Anonymousreply 98September 25, 2020 4:32 AM

R98 was this even a serious question? I can't tell with Americans.

Russia has hundreds of ethnicities. But the tensions have nothing to do with slavery, since slaves were white people owned by other white people.

by Anonymousreply 99September 25, 2020 7:31 AM

I was perusing twitter this week find F1 news. I don't know why I do, because it never stops being weird.

Eddie Jordan thinks the best way to end Mercedes dominance is not by getting other teams to make better cars but by encouraging Lewis Hamilton to take a pay cut and sign for lackluster Red Bull Racing and Toto Wolff to retire from the sport.

The official F1 account is riding the Lando Norris train hard. He's the cute, relatable Gen-Z driver of their deams. The pre-Oscar Jennifer Lawrence of F1, if you will. Every meme he piggybacks on, they turn into an ugly t-shirt to sell.

Some dyslexic teenager wrote a fan post about Lance Stroll and an English F1 journalist tweeted @ her future university to mock of her poor grammer. Even the cunt from The Sun was appalled.

And know how there is a Britney Army and a Rihanna Navy? There is also a Vettel Taliban (!). The "Talebana di Vettel" consists, unsurprisingly, primarily of horny Italians.

Like I said. WEIRD.

by Anonymousreply 100September 25, 2020 8:06 AM

R100 come on, you have to admit that Lando is hilarious when he asks clueless questions about sex and condoms. He's young, fun and relatable. You can't market a sport with Kimis and Latifis.

How do horny Italians feel about Giovinazzi?

by Anonymousreply 101September 25, 2020 8:36 AM

[quote][R100] come on, you have to admit that Lando is hilarious when he asks clueless questions about sex and condoms. He's young, fun and relatable. You can't market a sport with Kimis and Latifis.

Which negates none of what I wrote about him!

by Anonymousreply 102September 25, 2020 9:41 AM

Holy fuckballs I need to get a different feed to UK Sky. Their commentary during FP1 is an abomination. Giggling. Gossip. Talking about food. Talking about anything other than the cars. I hope every single one of them is in Russia this weekend and goes for some sushi with Uncle Vlad.

by Anonymousreply 103September 25, 2020 9:47 AM

R103 Is it interesting gossip? Please share!

by Anonymousreply 104September 25, 2020 10:27 AM

Is the F1 TV coverage any good?

by Anonymousreply 105September 25, 2020 12:12 PM

[quote]McLaren fans, meet our smallest little member of our family, Lando Ward, born yesterday at just 4lbs 12oz 🧡 (posting on behalf of my friend Lauren - both baby and mum are doing well!) @McLarenF1 @LandoNorris

🤢

I wouldn't call the selection of an usual baby name inspired by a kid barely out of his teens the wisest idea. I guess if Norris gets charged with drug trafficking or beating up a hooker they can pretend to be huge Billy Dee Williams fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106September 26, 2020 3:45 PM

Watching privileged people running in circles for 2 hours. Never got the appeal. Sounds like something autistic people would love to do.

by Anonymousreply 107September 26, 2020 3:49 PM

R106 The kid is lucky his parents named him Lando. He could have been named Apple or Pilot Inspektor.

I'm trying to picture Lando snorting cocaine off a hooker's bum and I'm failing miserably. Who knows, maybe fame will get to him.

by Anonymousreply 108September 26, 2020 4:12 PM

Umm, they’re NOT circles 🙄🙄

They are different shapes and sizes, depending on the landscape around them.

Some tracks are in beautiful forests and some run through city centers and some even take place at night. Truly spectacular.

by Anonymousreply 109September 26, 2020 4:17 PM

R109 Exactly! And there is so much action on the track, swearing on the radio, rivals punching each other after the race. Truly exciting sport, but maybe not as accessible for fans as, say, tennis or football. I don't get how people can watch golf, for example. So mind-numbingly boring. I would rather watch paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 110September 26, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote] Umm, they’re NOT circles 🙄

You don't say?

[quote] Some tracks are in beautiful forests and some run through city centers and some even take place at night. Truly spectacular.

Still akin to watching a dog chasing its tail.

by Anonymousreply 111September 26, 2020 4:29 PM

Okay, so you’re not a fan. How did you stumble onto this thread?

It’s clearly labeled. 🙄🙄

by Anonymousreply 112September 26, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote]The kid is lucky his parents named him Lando

LOL

by Anonymousreply 113September 26, 2020 4:59 PM

Ok, 2 x 5 second penalties PLUS 2 pts lost off his license is a ridonkulously harsh penalty for Lewis Hamilton.

by Anonymousreply 114September 27, 2020 1:37 PM

Netflix is getting some great content this season despite COVID. They were filming Mercedes in Sochi. Can't wait for the third season of Drive to Survive.

Let's speculate about the musical chairs next season. I'm predicting Checo to RB, Albon to AT, Kvyat to Haas, Grosjean out of F1. Hulk coming back to replace Latifi? Gasly to replace Ocon at Alpine? Russell waiting another year at the back of the grid? What about new kids? Ilott?

by Anonymousreply 115September 28, 2020 8:50 AM

Albon should be thanking his lucky stars that Max crashed out last week because his fluke podium is the only thing he has going for him this season. Was laughing my ass off when he struggled to overtake the Williamses. He also can’t make a clean overtake and nearly drove Kimi into the wall. He’s a Formula E level talent.

Checo to RBR is by far the smartest move they can make if Herr Marko will allow them to hire outside the Academy. They have no one good in F2 apart apart from Yuki Tsunoda and he’s not ready yet. For all the talent of Ricciardo and Verstappen it’s weird that RBR haven’t produced a winner since Vettel.

Haas needs Checo’s money though and they could use a North American driver. If your average race fan in America would consider a Mexican to be Nortg American enough for them, haha.

If Williams will break Latifi‘s contract Hulk would be good, otherwise Haas seems like an obvious choice. And though Haas are a Ferrari client it would be crazy to put a newb into that shitty car.

Schumi Jr will be into Alfa Romeo. Ferrari need the publicity. Shwartman and Ilott are better, though.

by Anonymousreply 116September 28, 2020 11:16 AM

Is Kimi retiring?

by Anonymousreply 117September 28, 2020 12:07 PM

Schumacher and Ilott will make their FP1 debut at Nurburgring next week for Alfa Romeo and Haas respectively. Schwartzman will drive in Abu Dhabi.

by Anonymousreply 118September 29, 2020 6:56 PM

Schumi Jnr in Giovinazzi’s car and Ilott in Grosjean’s if that is a harbinger on things to come.

Would personally like to see Yuki Tsunoda in Kvyat’s AlphaTauri.

by Anonymousreply 119September 29, 2020 7:09 PM

Kimiiiii and Nando

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120September 29, 2020 8:24 PM

Honda is pulling out of F1 which may have Red Bull limping back to Renault.

Cyril Arbiteboul must be loving life.

And it’s another indication of how the hybrid era sucks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121October 2, 2020 9:30 AM

R121 I loved bitchy Cyril on Drive to Survive! I hope Netflix is capturing this. He and Horner looked like mean girls trading snide comments.

by Anonymousreply 122October 2, 2020 12:20 PM

Max Verstappen has unfollowed Honda and Red Bull Racing on Instagram and the Mercedes twitter admin is trolling hard, posting proof Hamilton and Bottas still follow them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123October 2, 2020 12:37 PM

R123 why did he unfollow RBR?

by Anonymousreply 124October 2, 2020 12:52 PM

Never question the motives of an angry Dutchman, r124. Just accept his actions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125October 2, 2020 1:11 PM

R122 Cyril is the hottest team principal in F1

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126October 2, 2020 2:02 PM

R126 Cyril is sexy! That face, that body, that accent!

by Anonymousreply 127October 2, 2020 2:56 PM

R127 If you want to know why the french have that accent... the english teachers in France have a bad accent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 2, 2020 3:38 PM

R128 Cyril can read a telephone book to me in that accent. Preferably naked.

by Anonymousreply 129October 2, 2020 8:15 PM

Cyril is the most French man ever in DTS. When he was bragging about working in Paris and how Renault HQ has the best food I couldn't stop laughing.

by Anonymousreply 130October 2, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote]Renault has indicated that it is willing to supply engines to Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri after Honda pulls out of Formula 1 at the end of 2021.

Maybe Renault will trade Red Bull for Pierre Gasly in 2022.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131October 2, 2020 8:27 PM

I want to see a Charles and Lando sex tape. They are so adorable.

by Anonymousreply 132October 3, 2020 2:26 AM

R132 please, no. I don't want to see anything with Charles in it. Can't stand him.

And I doubt he and Lando are that close anyway. If anything, Lando and Sacha or Max F would be more likely. But judging by his instagram follows, he's your typical straight and horny boy.

by Anonymousreply 133October 3, 2020 8:49 AM

R131 You mean Ocon replaced by Gasly? It will end in bloodshed.

Honda leaving F1 just threw a wrench into everyone’s plans for 2022. Tsunoda’s place at AT is no longer guaranteed. Albon’s results in a non-competitive car will get even worse (if he keeps his seat next year). Hamilton will probably stick around even longer, since winning the championship just got so much easier. Max will want Bottas’ seat for 2022. But what will that mean for Russell?

by Anonymousreply 134October 3, 2020 9:01 AM

The Ocon/Gasly sex tape would be better. 100% pure HATE.

I always assumed Russell would replace Bottas. Max is a great driver, but if Toto is still involved as TP, I don’t don’t know how well he would fit into the Zen culture of MercedesAMG unless he cuts the cord from his psycho papa.

by Anonymousreply 135October 3, 2020 1:34 PM

R135 Max's father used to be a F1 driver, what's wrong with him? (I haven't followed the last decade...)

by Anonymousreply 136October 3, 2020 2:34 PM

Jos Verstappen has numerous cases of domestic violence and public brawls to his name. He beat his wife, attempted to kill his girlfriend by mowing her down with a car, cracked a man’s skull, supports the right in the Netherlands (no surprise there), punched his own father at the Hungarian Grand Prix 4 years ago and once abandoned teenage Max at a gas station in Naples after he lost a karting race.

Jos’ chaotic influence on his son’s upbringing is probably why Max is unfazed by the toxic culture at RBR, but it wouldn’t fly at Mercedes.

by Anonymousreply 137October 3, 2020 10:38 PM

R137 fucking hell, I had no idea, I don't remember him being a psycho when he was a F1 driver! Who punch his own father at the Hungaria grand prix, Max or Jos?

And there is a toxic culture at RBR? That's not the image they give ?

by Anonymousreply 138October 4, 2020 9:22 AM

Zverev lost thanks god. I hate him so much.

by Anonymousreply 139October 4, 2020 2:09 PM

^wrong thread

by Anonymousreply 140October 4, 2020 2:09 PM

Here is an interesting new interview with Seb. God, I wish he'd never retire. I could listen to him talk forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 7, 2020 5:40 PM

Daniel Ricciardo is adorable. He's very handsome and winning, but he doesn't come across as having a big ego at all, nor does it sem like he's trying to be a bro. He makes a lot of fun of how chatty he is.

I don't think he's going to age well, but he will probably always be sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 7, 2020 5:55 PM

R142 I love his no-filter sense of humour! Hope he has better luck at McLaren next year. Sucks to see him stuck in midfield when he used to win races.

by Anonymousreply 143October 8, 2020 9:43 AM

Amazing the bad choices Ricciardo has made since the Verstappen era. He will probably be spanked by Norris next year.

by Anonymousreply 144October 8, 2020 12:21 PM

R144 realistically, what choice did he have? Stay at RBR in Max's shadow, in an inferior car?

by Anonymousreply 145October 8, 2020 2:50 PM

It will be funny if next year Renault surges ahead and McLaren is stuck in the midfield. Hamilton and to a lesser extent Vettel made good choices leaving their original teams. Hamilton's success at Mercedes is obvious and Vettel did better at Ferrari than he did at his last year at Red Bull, and his history as a winner got him a seat at Aston Martin. Vettel and Hamilton manage themselves so they can take responsibility for what they have negotiated. Yet Ricciardo who is supposed to be the equal of Hamilton and Alonso in terms of talent can't get it together. He has a stupid business brain and makes bad decisions which consistantly leaves him with non-winning teams.

by Anonymousreply 146October 9, 2020 5:31 AM

Ricciardo has now not ruled out a future return to Red Bull 😂

Angry Russian Kid Nikita Mazepin told George Russell he was gay on IG.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147October 9, 2020 12:56 PM

R147 woah! To be honest, I don't think he's gay. In love with himself? Yes, absolutely. Gay? Nope. But I do wonder about his trainer.

Does Mazepin have a beef with him or something?

by Anonymousreply 148October 9, 2020 2:26 PM

Maybe Mazepin has the mindset of a small town teenage mouth breather in 1984 and thinks calling someone gay = funny?

So the driver + seat + helmet weight minimum is 80kg, in an attempt to stop drivers being hospitalised for eating disorders. I know Russell is 6’1 but he could surely afford a bit more weight. The suit, helmet and suit don’t weigh more than 3 or 4kg. Obviously muscle weighs more than fat but when I look at his many shirtless pics I get sad at his scrawny bird chest.

Most of them are still very gaunt. Vettel isn’t as tall as Russell but he’s aging like milk and looks as old as Kimi. The likes of Ocon, Hamilton and Stroll have bigger arms and upper bodies but their legs are like sticks.

by Anonymousreply 149October 10, 2020 4:26 AM

R149 can't they put some extra weight in the seat to reach the 80kg?

by Anonymousreply 150October 10, 2020 9:05 AM

Russell himself said in an interview (back in May?) that he weighs 72kg and he's "allowed" to weigh 75. Which means he's so underweight by choice. 3kg of muscle would do him good. He looks way too scrawny and it's not even justified. His and Charles' bird legs really bother me. I think Kvyat has the best body for a tall driver. Thick upper body, but his legs are not stick thin.

by Anonymousreply 151October 10, 2020 9:36 AM

I was thinking, maybe Mazepin's comment has something to do with rumours that his dad wanted to buy Williams a couple of years ago, so that Nikita could have an F1 seat? Is he bitter over that?

by Anonymousreply 152October 10, 2020 9:57 AM

[quote][R149] can't they put some extra weight in the seat to reach the 80kg?

If driver + seat accoutrements weight under 80kg, the rules state they must add ballast. Bottas is aout 10cm shorter and he used to get flus every winter because was starving himself throughout the year. I always wonder how much Lewis' earrings and crucifix weigh.

And this weekend may be significantly sexier with Stroll being unwell and Hulk being sighted.

by Anonymousreply 153October 10, 2020 10:49 AM

Funny how Sebastian Vettel with red mask, rain gear and beanie is exponentially hotter. He has very warm eyes, strange for someone with blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 154October 10, 2020 12:18 PM

R154 I think Seb is at his peak hotness now in his thirties. The same thing happened to Rosberg once he hit thirty. Must be a blond thing.

by Anonymousreply 155October 10, 2020 12:45 PM

Oh, bitchy Lando! "Stop talking, I'm racing" LOL

by Anonymousreply 156October 11, 2020 12:31 PM

Cyril is getting a tramp stamp, right?

by Anonymousreply 157October 11, 2020 1:48 PM

Mick Schumacher giving Lewis Hamilton one of his father's helmets warmed the cockles, not gonna lie.

by Anonymousreply 158October 11, 2020 2:24 PM

R158 yeah, shame he and Ilott didn't get a chance to drive this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 159October 11, 2020 3:26 PM

Albon complaining that the AlphaTauris “race me so hard” was ... not a good look, especially after making contact with 3 cars. It’s a shocking bit of hubris that really exposed him. He really isn’t skilled enough for F1.

I’m guessing Hulk was networking like a MFer after his good race, likewise Checo. I can’t imagine Albon will get another season in F1 after 2021. He’d be lucky to get a seat in AlphaTauri next year.

by Anonymousreply 160October 12, 2020 7:44 AM

Yeah, that was career suicide on Alex's part. RBR rushed to anoint him as Max's #2 and he definitely wasn't ready. Hulk is getting that seat for sure (I don't think RBR need Checo's money. They have bigger problems). Lance Stroll's absence made for an eventful weekend.

Netflix should do the right thing and release all their footage as is. Best television ever.

by Anonymousreply 161October 12, 2020 10:02 AM

Apparently, Hulk was supposed to replace Albon at the Eifel GP, because Albon's COVID test results were inconclusive.

by Anonymousreply 162October 12, 2020 12:54 PM

Nico Rosberg is so bitchy and annoying, usually, but I enjoyed him needling the useless pundits on Sky. This is like the 4th time Paul Di Resta has repeated this rumour about Gasly. And he’s the only person who says it. Spill the beans or shut up, you bitter Scottish cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163October 13, 2020 12:41 AM

Seb and Hulk, the karting years

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164October 13, 2020 6:18 AM

Oh to be a fly on the wall at the F1 paddock. I'm sure Gasly said some things when he was dumped by Redbull. They are notorious for not giving people second chances, so I don't think he's going back there anyway.

by Anonymousreply 165October 13, 2020 7:54 AM

Helmut Marko confirmed that they are looking outside the Red Bull junior team for next year's drivers. I'm guessing they are going with Checo. Which means Hulk and Mazepin for Haas.

by Anonymousreply 166October 16, 2020 6:41 PM

Looks like Albon is out.

Please Herr Steiner, not psycho Mazepin.

by Anonymousreply 167October 16, 2020 6:57 PM

Haas needs money. If Mazepin Sr. buys the team, Nikita gets the seat.

Albon's fate will be decided in Istanbul. He needs to do something exceptional to at least get a seat at Alpha Tauri.

by Anonymousreply 168October 16, 2020 7:22 PM

Rumour has it, Mazepin pretty much signed with Haas for next year, and Williams is ditching Russell for Perez.

by Anonymousreply 169October 19, 2020 1:06 PM

Hahaha if Russell is relegated to Formula E before Albon. Man that would suck.

by Anonymousreply 170October 19, 2020 2:22 PM

Herr Doktor Helmut Marko: "At the moment we only have one driver who is a candidate for a F1 seat, that is Yuki Tsunoda. He is planned for Alpha Tauri, he just needs to score the necessary points for the super license."

by Anonymousreply 171October 19, 2020 3:39 PM

Sewis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172October 23, 2020 2:05 PM

So Vitaly Petrov, speaker of just plain weird homophobic and racially shady thoughts upthread...

[quote]I don't understand the kneeling because, according to our traditions, a man kneels only in two cases - in a place of worship before God & when you propose to your future wife. In Russia, there is a different mentality. We do not have the racial problem that Hamilton is talking about. And what if one of the drivers comes out as gay? Will they go out with a rainbow flag & urge everyone else to become gay?

... is a steward in Portugal, which seems like a terrible move by the FIA.

And in a weird and horrifying turn of events, his father was shot dead 2 hours ago in Russia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173October 24, 2020 5:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!