Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paganism

Is anybody on the DL a practicing pagan? I'm curious to see if any of my brethren frequent this site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 11:03 PM

I worship penis, does that count?

by Anonymousreply 1July 11, 2020 4:35 AM

I'm a practicing pagan fellow. Merry Meet! 🌒🌕🌘

by Anonymousreply 2July 11, 2020 5:03 AM

The supernatural is for bozos.

by Anonymousreply 3July 11, 2020 6:52 AM

OP = overweight tarot card reader with velvet pouch of runestones in tow

by Anonymousreply 4July 11, 2020 7:07 AM

Oh, honey—I stopped practicing years ago. I play for keeps.

by Anonymousreply 5July 11, 2020 7:33 AM

Saturday is Lughnasadh (i.e., Harvest, called Gwyl Awst in my tradition), and next week is the Corn Moon and the beginning of the Month of Coll (i.e., Hazel, in the Ogham).

How will you bitches celebrate? I’ll likely do my usual ritual damage (break a bowl or a mug, or something) and go scrumping fruit where I can find it to steal. Beyond that though, it’s hard to know what to do, given it’s been such a quiet uneventful and unproductive year thanks to that bastard virus. No-one’s been sowing or reaping much, metaphorically-speaking, and everyone is in frugality mode because of uncertainty about the coming Winter. Most people of this era don’t have a close relationship to the land or food grown in it, either. So, how to give thanks or enjoy abundance in such a climate?

The presiding God of the season Lugh/Lleu (I know him as Lugg) is of course the spear-wielding, shoe-making and crow-whispering King of Oaths. Perhaps there’s some clues there as to how devotee can close out the Summer in proper Pagan style - I’m thinking burning a prayer or leaving out food for the crows could be apt.

by Anonymousreply 6July 27, 2020 11:03 AM

Stealth Midsomer Murders thread?

by Anonymousreply 7July 28, 2020 9:35 AM

R1 many ancient animistic & polytheistic cultures venerated the shaft & balls. You are not alone in time, Pagan friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 28, 2020 12:00 PM

Shakespeare was an Animist, or at least several of his most famous leading characters were.

And our true hero Kit Marlowe was a full-blown unapologetic Gay Pagan (Gaygan???) by the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2020 10:18 PM

Paganism died with Ancient Rome.

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2020 10:22 PM

I was really into the whole pagan storyline in True Blood. Does that count, OP?

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2020 10:57 PM

R10 Not really.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2020 10:57 PM

Pagan and Worshipper of the Dong!

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2020 11:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!