Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC officially names Joy Reid as primetime anchor in historic move

It’s official: Joy Reid will fill Chris Matthews’s 7 p.m. slot on MSNBC, making her cable’s first Black female primetime anchor.

Reid has been named host of The ReidOut, according to a statement by MSNBC. The Washington, D.C.-based show, which is set to premiere on July 20, “will feature one-on-one conversations with politicians and newsmakers while addressing provocative political issues both inside and outside of the beltway.”

“I’m thrilled to have Joy on five nights a week,” said MSNBC President Phil Griffin. “She’s thoughtful and brings so much depth to her reporting. She’s made for this moment.”

The political pundit has hosted the weekend program AM Joy on the network since 2016. She previously served as a correspondent and hosted the MSNBC afternoon show the Reid Report.

“I’m honored and thankful for this opportunity,” said Reid. “I’ll always be proud of the work we did on AM Joy by pushing the envelope and tackling pragmatic conversations. I’m eager to carry that same energy into the 7 p.m. hour where we can continue to build on bringing in diverse, smart, and accomplished voices to the table on topics that are important to our viewers.”

The Wall Street Journal, which broke the news on June 24 that Reid was in talks for the anchor spot, reported that a start date and title is still to be determined; however, the show will continue to be a daily news and opinion program.

Chris Matthews, the longtime anchor of Hardball, abruptly resigned in March following a string of controversial comments and allegations that he had previously made inappropriate remarks to women. During his last show, Matthews said it was time to let a younger generation “take the reins.” MSNBC has rotated hosts in his absence with Reid being one of the regular people to fill in.

Reid isn’t without some controversial remarks of her own. In 2018, the author apologized for old homophobic and inappropriate remarks that had been unearthed.

“I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things because they are completely alien to me. But I can definitely understand, based on things I have tweeted, have written in the past, why some people don’t believe me,” she said. “For that, I am truly, truly sorry.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534August 19, 2020 7:35 PM

Will she ever apologize for her homophobic slurs?

Or is MSNBC rewarding her for it?

by Anonymousreply 1July 9, 2020 10:35 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 2July 9, 2020 10:36 PM

[quote] Reid has been named host of The ReidOut

How very... not clever.

by Anonymousreply 3July 9, 2020 10:37 PM

Eat shit! All y’all, Faggots! Y’all done said I wouldn’t be shit! Well, LOOK AT ME KNOW! Ya, Cocksuckers! Fudgepackers! Fuck y’all!

by Anonymousreply 4July 9, 2020 10:40 PM

I don't find her actual delivery of the news or whatever you want to call it to be particularly smooth or professional.

She speaks like someone over-compensating and trying to sound smart - her diction is strained and forced - Harvard degree notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 5July 9, 2020 10:47 PM

I agree, R5.

It's just pandering.

If they were looking to find an AA female for an evening anchor host, Kristen Welker would've been fantastic!

She's so professional and very knowledgeable. I much prefer Kristen to Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 6July 9, 2020 10:50 PM

Why must we fill every hole with an AAF? Fuck this fucking country.

by Anonymousreply 7July 9, 2020 11:13 PM

BREAKING NEWS ONE YEAR FROM NOW:

MSNBC cancels Joy Reid program as viewership drops precipitously!!!

by Anonymousreply 8July 9, 2020 11:14 PM

I would watch this, but my Hulu account was hacked.

Yeah, that's it.

by Anonymousreply 9July 9, 2020 11:14 PM

Will she get a budget for better wigs? Tonight's specimen is particularly hideous.

by Anonymousreply 10July 9, 2020 11:18 PM

R1 She doesn't need to apologize because she did nothing wrong - time travelling Russian hackers planted all that stuff!

by Anonymousreply 11July 9, 2020 11:19 PM

She's a gay basher.

This is a big slap in the face to the LGBT community. But of course, no one gives a shit, because it's gays and lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 12July 9, 2020 11:25 PM

How many "shade" stories will Joy throw at The Gays? Hmmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 13July 9, 2020 11:26 PM

Skank bitch needs to get covid and die so we won't see her cunt face again.

by Anonymousreply 14July 9, 2020 11:29 PM

EXCUUUUUSE ME! But when do I get my show?!?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 9, 2020 11:32 PM

So. it's A-okay to demonize gay men & lesbians... I change the channel when her Aunt Ester-looking ass pops on the screen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 9, 2020 11:32 PM

Nasty fake. And bigot. We should all write to MSNBC and the gay press - whatever is left of it.

by Anonymousreply 17July 9, 2020 11:35 PM

Mayor Pete was just on CNN during Joy’s show. I hope that’s safe enough distance for him.

by Anonymousreply 18July 9, 2020 11:38 PM

[quote]In 2018, the author apologized for old homophobic and inappropriate remarks that had been unearthed.

Did she?

I remember when she announced that someone had hacked into her computer and . . . something something ridiculous that made it clear she does not know how the internet works.

by Anonymousreply 19July 9, 2020 11:38 PM

She's the cunt's meow.

by Anonymousreply 20July 9, 2020 11:39 PM

“I genuinely do not believe I wrote those hateful things because they are completely alien to me. But I can definitely understand, based on things I have tweeted, have written in the past, why some people don’t believe me,” she said. “For that, I am truly, truly sorry.”

If only apologies were this easily accepted by everyone, then we could all move on. Not only was her apology taken at face value, her excuse was, too. Maybe we should all learn from this & move forward...Or we could keep on about this oppressive system we live in, the same system that enables Joy Reid to earn a net worth of about $4M.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2020 11:41 PM

Watching msnbc right now.

She's dressed and styled like a cleaning lady.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2020 11:42 PM

Oh, I would love to hear the threats and hysteria she used to secure this.

I can’t imagine a more unprofessional AA than this bitch. Her shows are uninteresting and seem to be targeted to just one audience. I am sure they couldn’t say anything about the wigs because that would be trampling on a historic tradition of women embarrassing themselves.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2020 11:43 PM

[quote]If they were looking to find an AA female for an evening anchor host, Kristen Welker would've been fantastic!

I always assumed Welker was Indian.

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2020 11:44 PM

What? She apologized for people not believing her? Is that taking ownership of your mistakes? What if Mathews apologized for women not understanding his intentions.

by Anonymousreply 25July 9, 2020 11:48 PM

R22, She looks ridiculous this evening.

by Anonymousreply 26July 9, 2020 11:50 PM

Is there is petition to get her fired for being a skank homophobe. Why should she get a pass? Why? There is no reason to give her a pass and I hope she is yanked off the air and off MSNBC. Shame on this network for promoting a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 27July 9, 2020 11:51 PM

R23 here. I actually like watching Sharpton. He has a very considered opinion and while he stands up for his movement feverishly he is not beyond criticizing it on occasion. He also delivers content that has nothing to do with race.

Did he ever fess up about Tawana Brawley?

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2020 12:01 AM

Why is Joy on the television?! I said to immediately bring in the potted citrus trees to the southwestern sun room before she left for the evening and Tropical Storm Fay arrived! Where is my riding crop?

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2020 12:36 AM

R24, Kristen is half black and half white.

But like you, I also thought that she was Indian when I first saw her on television.

She is MILES ahead of Joy Reid, in terms of professionalism and likeability.

She also attended Harvard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2020 12:40 AM

If DeSean Jackson gets a pass for vile anti-Semitic remarks and quoting HITLER (!), I doubt anyone will get accountability from WigWoman.

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2020 1:05 AM

Half her show is always black issues, so I guess that's why she got a show.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2020 1:14 AM

CAN'T FUCKING STAND HER!

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2020 1:19 AM

Would rather they gave yummy Ari Melber two full hours

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2020 1:21 AM

Did any of you watch this mess?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2020 1:22 AM

George Floyd's death is the only thing that made Joy's show possible.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2020 1:27 AM

Kristen Welker is as dull as dishwater

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2020 1:28 AM

I hope it flops like her Reid report show did.

by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2020 1:30 AM

The optics for MSNBC wouldn't have been good if they didn't give her the gig.

by Anonymousreply 39July 10, 2020 1:35 AM

MSNBC was basically forced into it by the current social climate.

Meanwhile, they gave Shep Smith a CNBC show in the same time slot.

Look for Joy's ratings to tank and for Shep to be moved in as her replacement.

by Anonymousreply 40July 10, 2020 1:41 AM

[quote] Why should she get a pass? Why?

Because she's black, duh.

by Anonymousreply 41July 10, 2020 2:41 AM

Nightly Negro News 7pm MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 42July 10, 2020 3:00 AM

I don’t watch MSNBC any more. Now I’m not going back.

by Anonymousreply 43July 10, 2020 3:12 AM

[quote] Kristen Welker is as dull as dishwater

And Joy Reid isn't?

At least Kristen isn't a homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 44July 10, 2020 4:32 AM

There have been a several other postings on this issue. She has her defenders that are similar to Trumpsters. She could do no wrong. Not my position on her past actions, but I just move on...the same way I will do when her face appears on MSNBC. Hopefully, others will do the same and she will be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 45July 10, 2020 4:41 AM

r42 is a racist.

Shun hi....oh wait, a lot of you posters on this thread are racists as well.

In that case.....FUCK Y'ALL!!!

by Anonymousreply 46July 10, 2020 4:42 AM

Kristen Welker is a non-partisan news reporter.

MSNBC wants OPINION shows on at 7 PM.

They will get that with Joy.

by Anonymousreply 47July 10, 2020 4:43 AM

Do you remember when Phil Donahue and Charles Grodin had primetime shows on MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 48July 10, 2020 4:44 AM

I thought Charles Grodin was on CNBC?

by Anonymousreply 49July 10, 2020 4:46 AM

Phil Donahue was a closeted homo.

by Anonymousreply 50July 10, 2020 4:48 AM

Well, I guess there's a silver lining with Joy.

The cameraman won't need an umbrella like he did with Melittha Harrith Perry

by Anonymousreply 51July 10, 2020 4:49 AM

F&F for R42.

by Anonymousreply 52July 10, 2020 4:51 AM

I’ll be watching Shep instead.

by Anonymousreply 53July 10, 2020 4:55 AM

I don't think that this show is going to get the ratings that MSNBC thinks it will.

If the ratings start tanking, will they keep her in that time slot no matter what?

I think they will. It's going to be hard to fire her, even if the ratings go down the toilet.

They're stuck with Joy Reid now, like it or not.

by Anonymousreply 54July 10, 2020 5:17 AM

7PM isn't primetime.

by Anonymousreply 55July 10, 2020 6:17 AM

And it isn't 7pm on the West Coast.

by Anonymousreply 56July 10, 2020 6:26 AM

Well deserved! Congratulations Joy! The Datalounge white supremacist brigade is going to stroke out, over this! More fabulous news!

by Anonymousreply 57July 10, 2020 6:36 AM

R57 why would datalounge like a homophobic cunt??

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2020 6:40 AM

R57 I’d hate her even more if she were a white homophobic cunt but at least she would have been cancelled by now.

by Anonymousreply 59July 10, 2020 6:49 AM

R57, where are you getting the racism from?

This is about her views on gay people, her failure to apologize for past homophobic remarks, and then her attempt to cover it up.

That has absolutely nothing to do with her race.

by Anonymousreply 60July 10, 2020 12:48 PM

[quote]Kristen Welker is as dull as dishwater

Because she doesn’t wear ghetto-weaves like Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 61July 10, 2020 2:14 PM

R60 Amen. I don't trust her after those homophobic statements.

I would happily watch a talented news woman of color with her own show. What I wouldn't do to see Gewn Ifill (RIP) running her own hour. Or Soledad O'Brien.

by Anonymousreply 62July 10, 2020 2:15 PM

Joy Reid is an Affirmative-Action hire. Always has been. She didn’t get this primetime show because she’s some great talent.

by Anonymousreply 63July 10, 2020 2:17 PM

#NOJOY

by Anonymousreply 64July 10, 2020 6:19 PM

Joy is a HOMO HATING BLACK WOMAN who is the worst possible choice for a 7pm prime time slot. I wish that people will see that she is a phoney and watch another channel. Bye gurl.

by Anonymousreply 65July 10, 2020 6:37 PM

[quote] Joy is a HOMO HATING BLACK WOMAN who is the worst possible choice for a 7pm prime time slot. I wish that people will see that she is a phoney and watch another channel. Bye gurl.

Get it right, bitch.

It's "GURL, BYE!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 10, 2020 6:41 PM

I flat out don't believe she did or said anything homophobic and DL is just going after her because you hate black women and your all close to what r7 replied and Kristen Welker is as much black as you can tolerate. Let's keep it real.

by Anonymousreply 67July 10, 2020 6:47 PM

[quote] I flat out don't believe she did or said anything homophobic and DL is just going after her because you hate black women

Are you FUCKING KIDDING???

[quote] The host of MSNBC’s weekend show AM Joy has been under fire for newly uncovered blog posts published on Reid’s now-defunct blog, the Reid Report, in the mid-to late 2000s that repeatedly mocked gay people and specific individuals who were allegedly gay.

[quote] The posts, for example, suggested — without much, if any, evidence — that Tom Cruise, Karl Rove, and Chief Justice John Robert’s son are gay. Other posts made derogatory remarks about gay people, claiming that “most straight people cringe at the sight of two men kissing” and that “adult gay men tend to be attracted to very young, post-pubescent types.” One post acknowledged, “Does that make me homophobic? Probably.”

[quote] nstead of apologizing for the more recently resurfaced blog posts, though, Reid at first denied that she posted them altogether. In a statement to Mediate on Monday, Reid said that the blog posts were the work of hackers and “part of an effort to taint my character with false information by distorting a blog that ended a decade ago.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 10, 2020 6:50 PM

JOY IS A HOMOPHOBE. Quit trying to cover up this hatred. I for one have given up on MSNBC and this is the final straw for me. MSNBC hates the gays.

by Anonymousreply 69July 10, 2020 6:55 PM

And you hate black women

by Anonymousreply 70July 10, 2020 6:55 PM

sometimes

by Anonymousreply 71July 10, 2020 6:57 PM

Most times

by Anonymousreply 72July 10, 2020 6:58 PM

She used that hacking excuse on two or three different occasions. Somebody went on the Wayback Machine (internet archive) and found the comments’ original posts. Some of them were from years ago. An expert said it would be pretty much impossible to hack old comments that had sat there for years.

So she’s lying.

Yes, it’s possible to dislike a black woman because she’s a homophobic asshole, R70. It has nothing to do with hating every black woman in existence. And being a black woman does not excuse being a hateful crackpot. There is no universal pass because of your skin color.

by Anonymousreply 73July 10, 2020 7:03 PM

But it sure helps to hate her because she's a black woman r73. Because if she were a skinny blond haired blue eyed hunk of a man, you all would look the other way.

by Anonymousreply 74July 10, 2020 7:10 PM

This is a gay website, R74. Nobody that belongs here is going to defend a gay hater.

If defending hatred against gays is so important to you, there’s a million conservative websites where they will agree with you all day long that gays are perverts and degenerates and everything about them is disgusting. Go there. Maybe you can talk to Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 75July 10, 2020 7:13 PM

R74: Nice to have known you. Forgive us if we're not cheering for yet another homophobic addition to the prime-time lineup.

by Anonymousreply 76July 10, 2020 7:19 PM

Oh because I'm defending a black person I have hatred for gays. White gays, right? Because black gays don't count in your world.

by Anonymousreply 77July 10, 2020 7:22 PM

R74 sees a racists on every corner. Forget the fact that Aunt Joymima would wouldn’t give him the time of day.

by Anonymousreply 78July 10, 2020 7:23 PM

Just here where it shouldn't be r78. Of course to you racism doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 79July 10, 2020 7:24 PM

Fire with Fire Bitch

by Anonymousreply 80July 10, 2020 7:30 PM

Does MSNBC hear any of these complaints?

Or do they just ignore it?

by Anonymousreply 81July 10, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote]Kristen Welker is as much black as you can tolerate. Let's keep it real.

That’s as much black as most of America can tolerate. There’s a reason why biracial Obama was the first black President, and why biracial Kamala Harris is the leading black-woman contender for VP.

by Anonymousreply 82July 10, 2020 8:09 PM

is there a petition anywhere for MSNBC to get rid of her based on her HOMOPHOBIA? This is not a good fit for a progressive cable channel. I am disgusted that she is going to be a weekly regular.

by Anonymousreply 83July 10, 2020 10:14 PM

“I hate gay people, I don’t want to be anywhere near them” - Tim Hardaway

“I stand with Tim Hardaway on this” - Joy Reid

by Anonymousreply 84July 10, 2020 10:43 PM

Joy Reid’s program is going to get worse ratings than Greta van Susteren’s 6pm flop did.

by Anonymousreply 85July 10, 2020 11:22 PM

won't waste 1 minute on this homophobe's show, call me a troll and I will call her a gay bashing asswipe

by Anonymousreply 86July 10, 2020 11:29 PM

Gay people have every right to dislike/hate Joy Reid if they don't buy her excuse for why those homophobic remarks ended up on her old site. But why bring the racism into it? Can't you just hate her for her perceived opinions on homosexuals?

And don't tell me there hasn't been any racism on this thread; read it, it is chock full of it.

by Anonymousreply 87July 10, 2020 11:44 PM

All of Joy’s guests are always black, and she only discusses black issues. She’s a special interest host who belongs on BET where she can be as homophobic as she wants.

by Anonymousreply 88July 11, 2020 12:06 AM

Cancel Joy should trend on Twitter!

by Anonymousreply 89July 11, 2020 12:18 AM

R57 and R67 both called it.

And this thread is exactly the reason black people did not get behind Pete Buttigieg. We know his fake ass is racist as fuck, and used every excuse in the book to distance himself from his well documented racist behavior and record in southbend.

He didn't give a fuck, so we didn't support him. And he'll never get anywhere near the presidency either. You can't be privileged gay and white and walk around as though you've had the same horrible experiences in America as black people have faced going back 4 centuries plus. And also be apart of the oppressor class too. If your white, your apart of the oppressor class plain and simple. Regardless if your gay or not, your still white and that Trumps everything else.

by Anonymousreply 90July 11, 2020 12:42 AM

I don't like her "do"

by Anonymousreply 91July 11, 2020 12:48 AM

I sure hope Pete Buttigieg apologizes for his racism during his time as southbend mayor.

by Anonymousreply 92July 11, 2020 12:53 AM

This does NOT spark Joy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 11, 2020 12:54 AM

I love her! Great going Joy!

by Anonymousreply 94July 11, 2020 12:54 AM

But r87, She invites ridicule with her ridiculous costumes and changing hair

Face it. The racial divide is her stock in trade. She is deliberately unprofessional and dares anybody to criticize her about it. I don't think anybody will be surprised when there is a lawsuit after her show gets cancelled. How would we receive a Hawaiian newscaster who wore a leis every night?

Nobody would be going there if Gwen Ifill got a show. Joy picked how she wanted to play the game. She not only expects this type of blow back, she lives for it.

I feel sorry for you r90. How much do you think you have missed in life wasting your time on this crusade? Hate like yours tends to consume people.

by Anonymousreply 95July 11, 2020 12:57 AM

R67 also believes that Jussie Smollett was attacked by some white MAGA-hatters.

by Anonymousreply 96July 11, 2020 1:42 AM

Joy is a black woman. Her ratings could be lower than zero, and she could never be fired.

by Anonymousreply 97July 11, 2020 2:11 AM

Joy is a black woman. Her ratings could be lower than zero, and she could never be fired.

by Anonymousreply 98July 11, 2020 2:11 AM

This site has turned into breitbrat and Reddit which is quiet an achievement. I am surprised no one has called her a neggress yet. Most of you called her all kinds of racist names. Faggots will just have to deal because joy ain't going no nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 99July 11, 2020 2:23 AM

R99, what part of JOY HATES GAY PEOPLE don't you understand?

by Anonymousreply 100July 11, 2020 4:59 AM

[quote]Faggots will just have to deal because joy ain't going no nowhere.

If you're going to call us that, we're going to call you a dumb, triflin' nigger, you homophobic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 101July 11, 2020 5:07 AM

[quote]what part of JOY HATES GAY PEOPLE

She doesn’t. So get over yourself.

by Anonymousreply 102July 11, 2020 6:28 AM

R101. I don't care about your fag tears. 😀

by Anonymousreply 103July 11, 2020 2:22 PM

[quote][R101]. I don't care about your fag tears. 😀

they're not tears, they'll be fists.

by Anonymousreply 104July 11, 2020 3:25 PM

101: you call us that anyway

by Anonymousreply 105July 11, 2020 5:55 PM

Is there anyway to get Joy fired for being a Homophobe. Why does she get a pass? I am just going to GOYA MSNBC with a boycott.

by Anonymousreply 106July 11, 2020 10:27 PM

Is that for real, R84? Link?

If true, I cannot believe that MSNBC is giving her a pass on that.

It's outrageous!

by Anonymousreply 107July 11, 2020 10:29 PM

There used to be a petition when this happened, not sure if it's still active. Someone should start one

by Anonymousreply 108July 12, 2020 1:20 AM

One surprising thing is that Rachel Maddow is Joy's friend. Rachel defended her when Joy's homophobic remarks first came out.

I understand defending your co-worker, but c'mon...

by Anonymousreply 109July 12, 2020 1:43 AM

I’m happy for Joy and can’t wait to see her new show.

by Anonymousreply 110July 12, 2020 1:49 AM

R110.... said NO GAY MAN ever.

by Anonymousreply 111July 12, 2020 1:57 AM

I just learned that Joy Reid's parents were both immigrants. Her father from the Congo, and her mother from British Guiana. Therefore, she has no ancestors who were American slaves and she should never be entitled to any Reparations if that were to become reality.

by Anonymousreply 112July 12, 2020 2:08 AM

Gay white man r111

by Anonymousreply 113July 12, 2020 2:17 AM

Sorry. Being a black woman trumps being a gay anything. That’s just the way things are.

by Anonymousreply 114July 12, 2020 6:29 AM

^^ Now.

by Anonymousreply 115July 12, 2020 6:30 AM

Ugly greasy faced homophobic beast.

by Anonymousreply 116July 12, 2020 6:33 AM

Congratulations, Joy Reid, for your continuous and superb prostituting of yourself for the oligarchs!

by Anonymousreply 117July 12, 2020 11:57 AM

Take THAT, fags!

by Anonymousreply 118July 12, 2020 12:08 PM

Actually in a stunning reversal, the network announced this morning that they had actually intended to appoint her hacker as anchor.

by Anonymousreply 119July 12, 2020 12:09 PM

I used actually twice damnit. I wish we had an edit feature.

by Anonymousreply 120July 12, 2020 12:10 PM

Joy Reid is a shameless homophobe who still has no respect for the gay community. The for one won't watch MSNBC any longer. What a shame. She is no better than Al Sharpton and his Tawana Brawley baggage. Are there no other people who qualify for these spots? My goodness.

by Anonymousreply 121July 12, 2020 12:16 PM

Is that the gay audience at 116?

by Anonymousreply 122July 12, 2020 12:33 PM

Joy Reid is not homophobic. She may or may not have said some things a long time ago, but she has been nothing but kind and welcoming to gays on her show, and has gay friends. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 123July 12, 2020 1:10 PM

R133 Her lesbian friends do not count, she hates gay men.

by Anonymousreply 124July 12, 2020 1:20 PM

R104. You mean with your girly hands 😁 . Go sit your bitchass somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 125July 12, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote]but she has been nothing but confrontational and accusatory to gays on her show,

Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 126July 12, 2020 1:31 PM

R124: when did she say that this year or last year?

by Anonymousreply 127July 12, 2020 1:42 PM

R123 The Trumpster denial syndrome has infected you. She DID state homophobic comments on line along with many other disgusting things in the past. First she denied the comments were hers, then she said her site had been hacked. After the FBI investigated and found NO hacking, she then apologized. Know your facts. Others saying similar things would have been at least placed on leave and likely would have lost their job.

by Anonymousreply 128July 12, 2020 1:49 PM

I read somewhere that her daughter is a lesbian. Anyone know if that's true?

by Anonymousreply 129July 12, 2020 2:05 PM

I may or may not have been caught saying the N Word a long time ago. But I have been kind and welcoming when people were watching me and we hired some of them at work. Some of my best friends are black.

by Anonymousreply 130July 12, 2020 2:13 PM

I may or may not have said sexist things to women a long time ago. But I treat them as equals and never talk over them when they are on my show. I really wish I could work for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 131July 12, 2020 2:17 PM

[quote]Racist Buttigieg

Fixed it for you. Do your research.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 12, 2020 3:09 PM

#NOJOY

by Anonymousreply 133July 12, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote] Her lesbian friends do not count, she hates gay men.

Oh honey, at the time Trump bullied Rosie hardcore, she would post about it and cheer for him on her blog, laughing at his insults. She hates and ridicules lesbians just as much.

She shut her disgusting mouth when she was hired on a leftist channel because she had to. She has to hide her nasty ways now. She pretends she doesn't even remember posting those hundreds of gay bashing posts, what a joke. She was LOUDLY anti gay marriage.

Fucking homophobic cunt

by Anonymousreply 134July 12, 2020 7:40 PM

^Receipts or it didn’t happen.

by Anonymousreply 135July 12, 2020 7:52 PM

A few weeks ago Joy (Jo-Jo) had a more natural hair style - looked good and more flattering than the basket of snakes and braided extension cords which is her latest look. Just because so many women of color have adopted the braids doesn't mean it's meant for everyone. Girl needs to give those tacky braids the heave ho and get back to the do rag that you do so well.

by Anonymousreply 136July 12, 2020 7:58 PM

^Women of color “adopted?” Honey, black women have been wearing braids for ions. Bo Derek wasn’t the first woman to don that ‘do.

by Anonymousreply 137July 12, 2020 8:02 PM

Enough about her braids, back to her being a plain old homophobe. When was the last time any of you peggers saw Joy at the Cubby Hole or The Townhouse sucking down a stiff one?

by Anonymousreply 138July 12, 2020 8:26 PM

" the basket of snakes and braided extension cords " 🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 139July 12, 2020 8:35 PM

The braided mess was okay for her weekend show when nobody was watching, but it's way too ghetto for weeknight primetime.

by Anonymousreply 140July 12, 2020 9:39 PM

^Racist cunt. Ffd.

by Anonymousreply 141July 12, 2020 10:24 PM

Not a problem, R40, as no-one will be watching this show either.,

by Anonymousreply 142July 12, 2020 10:24 PM

[137] - Bo Derek wore cornrows - and the 'adopted' was in reference to the fashion of the braided look so prevalent today in women of color. Of course most of the 'braids' are extensions. Regardless, adopting a style to complement one's appearance is preferential to what is in fashion at the moment. As a reference the Doofus look of some hipsters (and much older boomers!!) wearing a baseball cap with the brim to the back. Talk about looking like an idiot!! But I digress - Joy's new show is an unknown at this POT - but as another poster noted above, the ghetto look will not go over well in this time slot. Maybe she should give the 'Dream Girl's look a go - it couldn't hurt!

by Anonymousreply 143July 12, 2020 11:49 PM

None of this matters to me because she is a HomoPhobe and I will be watching Erin Burnett on CNN instead. If you value yourself and don't want to reward extreme bullying, just don't tune in, pretty simple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 12, 2020 11:57 PM

^Go watch boring Erin. Joy actually has a personality and she adequately sticks it to Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 145July 13, 2020 12:16 AM

R145, She has no personality and is a hate-filled bigot. You can tell she makes her opinions based on what she sees trending on twitter. If you wanna see the last hot takes on twitter, go to twitter. You don’t need to see a phobe reciting them.

by Anonymousreply 146July 13, 2020 12:32 AM

If this was the old days gays would boycott msnbc. However gays have been fooled by people like Joy into thinking trans and straight black people are the only important people in the world.

Dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 147July 13, 2020 12:33 AM

I hope Shep gets her slot after she bombs and the BLM fervor has calmed down.

A gay man replacing her? That’s Poetic Justice right there!

by Anonymousreply 148July 13, 2020 12:44 AM

So I guess it's official, then. We're okay with violent homophobia as long as the homophobes are black people. Awesome.

by Anonymousreply 149July 13, 2020 1:07 AM

[quote] Honey, black women have been wearing braids for ions

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 150July 13, 2020 1:14 AM

Eons. And it's true.

by Anonymousreply 151July 13, 2020 1:58 AM

[quote]I hope Shep gets her slot after she bombs and the BLM fervor has calmed down. A gay man replacing her? That’s Poetic Justice right there!

Not gonna happen. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 152July 13, 2020 1:59 AM

Trustworthy news is now oxymoronic.

This bitch is a propaganda pushing useful idiot, not a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 153July 13, 2020 2:00 AM

Considering today's social environment it's very telling that Reid gets a lofty promotion on a news network after homophobic remarks she allegedly made, Nikole Hannah-Jones suffers no professional retaliation for a pretty hateful paper she wrote in college & Terry Crews is unfairly crucified by fellow blacks just for having a clear point of view. That sounds like power to me, all the power that blacks deny they have. Getting countless whites to march in streets, to apologize for concepts they can hardly comprehend let alone actually care about, and to do these things all while being told how despicable they are by the people they're doing it for...really sounds like power to me. Thing is, all this power is so unfocused & very misused.

by Anonymousreply 154July 13, 2020 2:08 AM

^You are clueless. Terry Crews wouldn't know a clear point of view if it came up and bit him on his ass. His main concern is not ruffling any white feathers, it is not about how his fellow brown brothers and sisters are being unjustly killed. His own former TV son had to gently put him in his place recently. His insensitive comments during the Gabrielle Union debacle were the first sign that he is problematic, but then the BLACK SUPREMACY and the BLACK LIVES BETTER comments cemented the fact that bruh is lost. Of course black people need white people in the fight to eradicate racism, but there is no such thing as black supremacy, and his constant fence-straddling comments do nothing but give the "I have a best friend who is black" bigots ammo.

by Anonymousreply 155July 13, 2020 2:15 AM

I love how triggered some of y'all are. I won't start to argue the racism because it's clearly here.

I love Joy, I can forgive her for her comments, but I will say I do find her boring. She does NOT focus exclusively on black issues, but she frequently asks black commentators on the political issues of the day. There should be no harm of dedicating 30 minutes to race issues clearly present in society. Some of y'all will watch Erin Burnett and that's okay. I worry she may not bring in ratings, but we should give her a try. Would like to see another black woman fill her Saturday slot. Maybe not Tiffany Cross tho, she wasn't giving me good energy last Saturday as much as I love her.

DL, we can forgive Jensen Ackles and Aaron Shock for their homophobia...why can't we forgive Joy???

by Anonymousreply 156July 13, 2020 2:21 AM

Terry Crews judges his success by how much white people like him and then goes on to say other black people are jealous of him because of it. Like serious delusion.

by Anonymousreply 157July 13, 2020 2:22 AM

^Precisely.

by Anonymousreply 158July 13, 2020 2:23 AM

R141 oh no not an ff! 😱

Go eat her purple pussy if you love her so much!

by Anonymousreply 159July 13, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote] I love Joy, I can forgive her for her comments

Can you please explain this, because I really don't understand your position.

There is actual PROOF that she made homophobic remarks. She never apologized for them, but instead blamed them on someone having hacked her account.

And her remarks weren't only homophobic, but they were particularly hateful.

This makes no sense, especially coming from someone who has most likely experienced discrimination herself!

So please explain why you excuse her. Because there really is no excuse.

by Anonymousreply 160July 13, 2020 2:24 AM

R155, you think black people cannot be racist, huh?

by Anonymousreply 161July 13, 2020 2:25 AM

r156, Do you really need to ask? JA and AS get forgiven because they are white, male and considered Hot by DL standards.

Joy is black, female and not too many on DL are attracted to her.

Duh!

by Anonymousreply 162July 13, 2020 2:25 AM

Where is the proof about Joy? I see a lot of yapping but no receipts to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 163July 13, 2020 2:26 AM

Joy should have lost her tv spot the moment her allegations came to light. People have lost their jobs for less. This bitch needs to go back to writing her blog.

by Anonymousreply 164July 13, 2020 2:29 AM

[quote][R155], you think black people cannot be racist, huh?

Absolutely not. Black people do not have the power to oppress white people systemically. Racism is deeper than “White man calls black man a n*gger.” You should at LEAST know that much.

by Anonymousreply 165July 13, 2020 2:31 AM

R163 stop yapping and using dumbfuck slang of the moment like "show me the receipts". What she said is out there. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 166July 13, 2020 2:32 AM

R165 do you even know what "systematically" means? Just because that phrase has been tossed about by loons doesn't make it true. Repeating it to yourself doesn't make it true. You just accept because you're dumb. Black people can be racist. I've seen black people harass and beat up latino migrant workers in California, calling them racist names, and keeping them from working.

BUT NONE OF THAT IS RACIST in your book. You are beyond delusional.

by Anonymousreply 167July 13, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote]stop yapping and using dumbfuck slang of the moment like "show me the receipts"

You can’t tell me what to do.

And the onus is on you to back up what you’re saying. If you don’t like this woman — if she causes you such distress, then why are you in her thread? You in here bitching about some things she “may” have blogged about in the past is not doing much for your cause, because she’s still got a history-making spot on prime time tv.

by Anonymousreply 168July 13, 2020 2:38 AM

R160 I'll keep it simple. If I had to choose between the following homophobes: Jensen Ackles, Aaron Shock, Joy Reid, Mike Pence, Joy wins easily.

What about you DL?? Pick YOUR favorite homophobe!! Mike Pence is ACTIVELY oppressing my people, Charmed > Supernatural, and Shock is no longer in office...

I know some queens on here are crushing on Matt Gaetz with his closeted ass too....

by Anonymousreply 169July 13, 2020 2:40 AM

R168 Fine, keep talking like a dumbfuck teenager on tiktok then. Go on! Keep talking like a dumbfuck. Go dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 170July 13, 2020 2:41 AM

R156, I dont’t know who Jensen Ackles is but Aaron Schock is pretty much hated here. And nobody comes to his defense like they do with Joy.

by Anonymousreply 171July 13, 2020 2:42 AM

Systemically, as in red lining, lack of access to good healthcare, job discrimination, loan discrimination and the ability for white supremacist Dylan Roof to slaughter a church filled with black people and be taken to Burger King by the cops afterward but an unarmed black person gets his brains blown out for walking down the street wearing a hoodie.

by Anonymousreply 172July 13, 2020 2:45 AM

If someone singled Joy out with insults (even if they were not racial) she would demand they be fired. I hate Joy and her hypocrisy and the performative liberals who support her (yet hate gay people)

by Anonymousreply 173July 13, 2020 2:45 AM

Don't bring Jensen Ackles into this mess.

Jensen Ackles supported Beto O'Rourke and is currently attending PRO Joe Biden events with Misha Collins.

Btw, if you watch the video, Karine Jean-Pierre is the interviewer.

Why didn't MSNBC consider HER as a host for a primetime show? At least she's not a fucking homophobe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174July 13, 2020 2:48 AM

But you fawn over Pete Buttigieg(?) and his spotty history with race rejections just because he’s a gay white man. Oh, I forgot, some gay white men care little to nothing about racially-oppressed people.

by Anonymousreply 175July 13, 2020 2:49 AM

^*Race relations.

by Anonymousreply 176July 13, 2020 2:49 AM

R171 Aaron "Cockgobbler" Shock is NOT a DL fave??? Am I bugging y'all?? There is thread after thread about "Oh look y'all, this queen is partying with his friends, who kind of COCKtail is she sipping? Hmmm??"

NVM the fact that when he was an office holder promoting homophobic policies you all just LOVED the Downton Abbey set up. If y'all want to excuse some homophobes because they're hot guys, then just say that! Don't drag other queens because they believe Joy is talented and want to look past her homophobia and bring your racism. It's vile and why we think white gays are problematic. Y'all are NO better than Mike Pence himself.

Opinions are like assholes....

by Anonymousreply 177July 13, 2020 2:51 AM

The pushback against Terry Crews is swift & hard because he challenges the preferred black narrative determined by those who profit from their own bullshit, over-inflated agenda--and they're desperate to keep it that way. However, Crews is just one of many who are becoming less & less intimidated to express more realistic & constructive point of view. Jason Riley, John McWhorter, Glenn Loury, Thomas Sowell, Larry Elder, Coleman Hughes, Zuby--all sharp minds who will hopefully begin to influence & steer the direction of black politics out of constant exploitation & victimhood. People like Ta-Nehisi Coates, Brittney Cooper, Nikole Hannah-Jones & Robin DiAngelo will continue to lead blacks--willingly--right to the abattoir.

by Anonymousreply 178July 13, 2020 2:53 AM

R172 this may come as a nasty surprise to you but cops killing black people is not the number one killer of black people. According to FBI statistics and the Washington Post, white people are killed at a higher rate both as a percentage and in absolute amounts. But NOTHING WRONG THERE!

by Anonymousreply 179July 13, 2020 2:54 AM

Well, white people are the majority in this country, so DUH.

by Anonymousreply 180July 13, 2020 2:55 AM

R175, we are entitled to treat straight black issues with the same indifference that they treat gay issues.

Get back to me when thousands of straight black people march for gays like the gays do every time Black Lives matter march.

by Anonymousreply 181July 13, 2020 2:55 AM

Bravo R178!! A lot of people, including black homophobic people like Joy, profit from the divisive shit they put out. People with power don't like to be threatened so they go hard at anyone who challenges their money and power.

by Anonymousreply 182July 13, 2020 2:57 AM

Congratulations to Joy Reid, she truly deserves it. And whatever she wrote on her blog, she’s denounced and has since evolved. I’m proud of her. Love her because other than maybe Maddow, she seems to trigger right wingers the most.

by Anonymousreply 183July 13, 2020 2:57 AM

R181, racism and its effect on the black community is not a “straight black issue,” my dear. I can see now that you’re one of those “ones.”

by Anonymousreply 184July 13, 2020 3:00 AM

[quote] other than maybe Maddow, she seems to trigger right wingers the most

If you look at her positions, she actually is more of a right-winger, with the exception of her feelings about race.

She's basically a conservative, except on the one issue of race.

That would make her neither a Liberal or a Progressive.

by Anonymousreply 185July 13, 2020 3:00 AM

[quote][R172] this may come as a nasty surprise to you but cops killing black people is not the number one killer of black people

Oh, it’s not just cops, darling. But you already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 186July 13, 2020 3:01 AM

Some of you keep asking for the receipts. How can you not be aware of her anti-gay history at this point?

Here are the reveipts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 13, 2020 3:06 AM

[quote] And whatever she wrote on her blog, she’s denounced and has since evolved.

Wrong.

She has shown NO REMORSE for what she said and offered some BS excuse about Russian hackers. When that excuse was PROVEN TO BE BS, she just said “hey, I’m sorry you didn’t like it.”

Keep defending her though. It is fun to watch you go through the hoops.

by Anonymousreply 188July 13, 2020 3:12 AM

Our big gay household loves Joy and forgives her for not wanting to see two gay cowboys kissing on screen.

by Anonymousreply 189July 13, 2020 3:21 AM

She got the spot. Y'all mad. End thread. Maybe Tucker Carlson is more of DL's vibe. He's remotely attractive....

by Anonymousreply 190July 13, 2020 3:29 AM

[quote]Wrong.

[quote]She has shown NO REMORSE for what she said and offered some BS excuse about Russian hackers. When that excuse was PROVEN TO BE BS, she just said “hey, I’m sorry you didn’t like it.”

[quote]Keep defending her though. It is fun to watch you go through the hoops.

She has remorse. She said she didn't recognize the person who posted those things and there's no reason to doubt her authenticity. I don't think half of you racist nitwits would recognize yourselves if confronted with things written on this website. She's used her voice overall to advance the rights and interests of gays and lesbians, and you're just going to have to get over it-- especially since you can't form a cogent argument without revealing your racial animus. You have people in this thread calling her intelligence into question and in the same sentence mentioning her degree from Harvard. It's just... something that white gay men wouldn't be brazenly stupid enough to say about a white woman or a white man. Something about black women getting ahead just drives this particular forum demographic nuts consistently

by Anonymousreply 191July 13, 2020 3:30 AM

^A-Frigging-MEN!

by Anonymousreply 192July 13, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]She got the spot. Y'all mad. End thread.

THIS, in a nutshell.

by Anonymousreply 193July 13, 2020 3:34 AM

[quote]If you look at her positions, she actually is more of a right-winger, with the exception of her feelings about race. She's basically a conservative, except on the one issue of race. That would make her neither a Liberal or a Progressive.

Of course you'll be able to back this up with examples. It's not something you just pulled from nowhere hoping to discredit her, right, RIGHT?

Give us Joy Reid's top 5 conservative positions.

by Anonymousreply 194July 13, 2020 3:35 AM

I suspect that the main ones who won’t let Joy’s past go, would have no problem hooking up with Aaron Schock and are salivating over that Hogan mess who works for Trump and that Madison dude running for the House.

by Anonymousreply 195July 13, 2020 3:35 AM

Just uttering that’s the Joy Reid I watch and enjoy on a weekly basis is even remotely conservative is HYSTERICAL.

by Anonymousreply 196July 13, 2020 3:37 AM

R195, they also don’t give a shit about Buttigieg’s spotty history with race relations.

by Anonymousreply 197July 13, 2020 3:38 AM

Poor oppressed Joy. A Harvard graduate who has so much privilege that she can say whatever offensive shit she wants, and then be given a promotion for it.

Let's listen to her lecture us about police shootings, while totally ignoring the fact that blacks are far more likely to be killed by other blacks than by a police officer.

by Anonymousreply 198July 13, 2020 3:39 AM

And R198 just outed himself.

by Anonymousreply 199July 13, 2020 3:41 AM

R195 They're the first ones to rail against "CANCEL CULTURE" when a white persons says something horrendously bigoted that jeopardizes or diminshes the lives of minorities-- like the white supremacist scum at R198 ---everyone's overreacting and they probably had a good reason for being racist--- but Reid's decades old catty blog comments about Brokeback Mountain and closeted republican senators which were insensitive and based out of ignorance means she should be tarred and feathered and never given the benefit of the doubt. So transparent.

by Anonymousreply 200July 13, 2020 3:43 AM

More racist dog whistling propaganda bullshit at R198. If there is crime in an all black neighborhood, then by that distinction, of course more blacks kill blacks. But police brutality in the black community is FAR higher than in white communities.

by Anonymousreply 201July 13, 2020 3:43 AM

[quote][R195] They're the first ones to rail against "CANCEL CULTURE" when a white persons says something horrendously bigoted that jeopardizes or diminshes the lives of minorities-- like the white supremacist scum at [R198] ---everyone's overreacting and they probably had a good reason for being racist--- but Reid's decades old catty blog comments about Brokeback Mountain and closeted republican senators which were insensitive and based out of ignorance means she should be tarred and feathered and never given the benefit of the doubt. So transparent.

This bears repeating.

by Anonymousreply 202July 13, 2020 3:44 AM

[quote] She has remorse. She said she didn't recognize the person who posted those things and there's no reason to doubt her authenticity

Oh, my bad. I didn’t know she blamed it on other people that cant be identified. You know that is bullshit. Be an independent thinker. Really.

by Anonymousreply 203July 13, 2020 3:47 AM

R203 You're the opposite of an independent thinker. You can't even read for context.

by Anonymousreply 204July 13, 2020 3:51 AM

She's a bible-thumper. Anti-gay. Can she get thru one show without her anti-gay reverend squad? Shame on MSBC. This bitch belongs on the 700 Club.

by Anonymousreply 205July 13, 2020 3:57 AM

Ok, 204. I am sorry. You are correct. Please post the apology so we can all see where she owned up to her bias.

I am all ears.

by Anonymousreply 206July 13, 2020 4:00 AM

R206 I watched the weekend show where she apologized. Her defense was that she didn't recognize the person who posted those things. Do you need the figurative meaning of this explained to you like a child? She didn't recognize herself because it was too distant from the person she became years later. She's actually apologized, multiple times, over and over since then. A cursory google search will provide the retribution you so desperately seek.

by Anonymousreply 207July 13, 2020 4:07 AM

Dear Homosexuals,

As valued members of our MSNBC viewing audience, you can rest assured that Joy Reid will be on her BEST behavior while anchoring her new prime-time show. While she might want to cut you in dark alley on her own personal time, she will be nothing but respectful and emphatic to your causes in the bright lights of our studio.

However, please note: we CANNOT make her hide her hate and disgust for Pete Buttigieg. We refuse to hold Joy to a higher standard in this regard than our resident lesbian, Rachel Maddow.

Sincerely,

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2020 5:06 AM

You all are quick to hate a black woman. Quick. Deny......

by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2020 6:10 AM

Lol R208.

Very nice.

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2020 6:14 AM

Too bad Laura Coates is under contract with CNN and MSNBC couldn’t have scooped her up. She’d make a much better representation for first black female host in prime time. Besides providing commentary on legal affairs, she has filled in as host and done a great job. CNN is definitely grooming her for a bigger role. Well-educated and experienced. I’d love to see her get a show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2020 6:33 AM

I agree r211

by Anonymousreply 212July 13, 2020 6:47 AM

Not as smart or articulate as Joy, r211.

by Anonymousreply 213July 13, 2020 10:32 AM

R165, you should join us here in 2020. Entire cities are run almost exclusively by blacks these days. That most certainly puts them in a position of power over whites. Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit are governed almost exclusively by blacks--from governors to mayors to city councils to DAs to county executives to police chiefs, etc. These are city where blacks have cried systemic racism only to neglect that their system is run by people who look like them, people they voted for, and people appointed by those they voted for. In the case of Freddie Gray even the president & many of the cops involved were black. Not to mention that plenty of white employees across America are under the leadership of black bosses who have hire/fire power. So the more you deny blacks having any power for your own convenient, insipid defense you should know that the argument is growing thinner & thinner.

by Anonymousreply 214July 13, 2020 11:56 AM

[quote]Entire cities are run almost exclusively by blacks these days. That most certainly puts them in a position of power over whites. Chicago, Baltimore, Detroit are governed almost exclusively by blacks--from governors to mayors to city councils to DAs to county executives to police chiefs, etc.

LOL and those cities are in great shape, aren’t they?

by Anonymousreply 215July 13, 2020 11:59 AM

Joy will bomb. Her homophobia has done her damage. People are not stupid, MSNBC execs are more concerned about being politically correct for one group of folks and don't give a damn about the gays and how they have been maligned by this sad excuse. I will be watching Erin Burnett. That is my protest. I will email MSNBC to let them know why I have tuned them out and I hope everyone else does the same. This woman is a scourge for what she said about gays.....people don't magically evolve with that much homophobia in their heart, they just learn to mask it much better. This is a woman with an openly gay brother to boot, very shameful. MSNBC you disgust me for giving Joy a platform. You reap what you sow Joy..

by Anonymousreply 216July 13, 2020 12:10 PM

[quote] I will be watching Erin Burnett. That is my protest.

ROFLMAO! You want a cookie? Chocolate chip or oatmeal?

by Anonymousreply 217July 13, 2020 12:23 PM

R214/215, is it hot under those pointy hoods?

by Anonymousreply 218July 13, 2020 12:24 PM

But r207. I am confused. I saw the same thing. Why did she claim that her Blog had been hacked then? If your interpretation of her meaning is correct, why add the parts about the Russian hackers? Is that why you don't want to post a link? Tell you what, I'll do your work for you.

[quote] But her tone shifted when more homophobic posts emerged in April. She insisted that her blog was “breached” and that “fraudulent entries” were posted “with suspicious formatting and time stamps” that were inconsistent with the rest of the blog.

Listen, I don't really care one way or the other. It just saddens me to watch all this momentum being wasted on pulling down statues, renaming some bases and giving Joy Reid a better slot. There will be no change in the laws and the police will continue to kill people of color with impunity.

Good Job

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219July 13, 2020 12:33 PM

R218, everything in my post is factual & verifiable, and because of that the petty remark you used to deflect from/ignore the facts just make you look bad, not me. Nothing in my post is false & not meant to be rasict (and NO this is an apology), it's just the truth. If anything, especially in the case of Freddie Gray, it proves that people are so blinded by the agenda fed to them they can't see that the very system they flooded the streets against was indeed run by blacks--blacks were the system! Your juvenile emotion & snooty remarks can't argue that.

by Anonymousreply 220July 13, 2020 12:37 PM

Take that, faggots!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 13, 2020 12:38 PM

^OMG, 😂.

by Anonymousreply 222July 13, 2020 12:41 PM

MSNBC does have a penchant for employing Black bigots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 13, 2020 12:43 PM

Sharpton is pro gay and supported gay marriage. Unlike church lady Reid.

by Anonymousreply 224July 13, 2020 12:47 PM

The Bigot Sharpton incited an anti-Jewish pogrom in which Yankel Rosenbaum was murdered for the "crime" of being identifably Jewish. Instead of condemnation and censure, Sharpton continues to be rewarded with increased exposure and public stature.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 13, 2020 1:09 PM

This interview from the South Carolina Primary, where she put on her best Church Lady act and sat down with Pete Buttigieg to lecture him about why blacks hate him, was the final straw where I started tuning her out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 13, 2020 1:19 PM

Blacks don’t hate him, but we see him. His history with race issues does not get a pass because he is gay. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 227July 13, 2020 1:26 PM

And Joy’s history with gay issues does not get a pass because she is black. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 228July 13, 2020 1:33 PM

You know what, R214/R215/R220 sis, you ARE right.

Those are cities run by DEMOCRATS. Establishment Democrats like Joe "If You Don't Vote For Me You Ain't Black" Biden. And "The mayor and police handled protests ALL wrong" Andrew Cuomo. You know who you sound like? President "Black folks what do you have to lose" Donald Trump. As a Bernie supporter who is UNEASY about Biden, you really might be right. I look at Tim Scott and wonder if he knows something I don't--which is extremely likely. He got Republicans on board and Mississippi taking that flag down. You right sis, maybe we should vote TRUMP 2020. As you all say, Joy Reid is conservative. Maybe we should vote Red to be more consistent. At least with Republicans we KNOW they hate us--but they have to deal with us. Good thing in the Freddie Gray case it was the BLACK State's Attorney holding BLACK police officers accountable for a BLACK death. Isn't that what you anti-BLM people are calling for??? Which one is it??

Some of y'all fake ass liberals showing your true colors.

by Anonymousreply 229July 13, 2020 2:25 PM

Because had Buttigieg been the party nominee, who would his VP pick have been??? Elizabeth Warren??? 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 230July 13, 2020 2:27 PM

Some of you are so fucking transparent. Joy could have her clit licked on national TV by Ellen, then she could get scissored by Rachel during sweeps week and you bitches would still have a problem. Why don't you just admit that this has nothing to do with any past comments on an ancient, now defunct, blog.

by Anonymousreply 231July 13, 2020 3:05 PM

^You’re right. Joy Reid is as innocuous as they come. She’s black, female and successful. This is why they hate her.

by Anonymousreply 232July 13, 2020 3:29 PM

Okay, you got me. I'll admit it to the world: I'm incredibly prejudiced against Joy Reid because she's not Maya Wylie.

by Anonymousreply 233July 13, 2020 3:36 PM

I don’t believe the Joy defenders are gay men of any color. Unless they are mentally challenged

by Anonymousreply 234July 13, 2020 5:01 PM

^You would be wrong on both fronts.

by Anonymousreply 235July 13, 2020 5:42 PM

I'm with you, R216!

by Anonymousreply 236July 13, 2020 5:47 PM

R219 here. I don’t want to be popular. But, I find it telling that when I threw out links and facts about Joy’s previous remarks, The response was crickets.

Something about facts seem to scare her defenders.

Big surprise

by Anonymousreply 237July 13, 2020 6:05 PM

Her defenders are ignorant Black women infiltrating DL

by Anonymousreply 238July 13, 2020 6:38 PM

Let's start a letter-writing campaign, complaining to MSNBC for their move which is an insult to gay men and women, and link to the article that shows how she LIED and NEVER APOLOGIZED to the gay community (trans is separate).

Website form: msnbc.com/contact

President: Phil griffin. This is likely his email: phil.griffin@nbcuni.com cc: Rachel maddow: Rachel@msnbc.com

Maybe someone has their

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 13, 2020 6:44 PM

More links to include , this time from Liberal bastion Vox

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240July 13, 2020 6:45 PM

Adequate responses to the ancient comments Reid made are at R200 and R207. She’s apologized. You don’t want to accept it? Fine. But what you WILL have to accept is that she now has an historic new deal on prime time new tv. That is something you’re gonna have to live with.

by Anonymousreply 241July 13, 2020 6:50 PM

R239, I'm surprised that more gay people aren't protesting her show outside of the MSNBC headquarters.

This is actually a pretty big deal.

If it was someone who had used racial slurs against a black person who had been given a primetime anchor slot on MSNBC, and said hateful things as she did, there would have been an organized campaign against that person, and they would have been cancelled immediately.

Funny how there's not even a peep of public protest against Joy.

by Anonymousreply 242July 13, 2020 6:51 PM

As a black/Latino gay man, I can honestly say that racism cuts deeper to me than homophobia. As someone who has been subject to both, my being gay is not visible. My skin color is. And, as much as gay white men cry over homophobia, as they should, they are still part of a social hierarchy (and all of the privileges that come with it) that gay men of color will never be afforded.

by Anonymousreply 243July 13, 2020 6:58 PM

I hope her new "deal" has a clothing allowance built in. A friend of mine and I were commenting on her rather casual appearance when she's been on. She was wearing what looked like a t-shirt one day. I think she had a polo shirt on another day. Don't get me started about her hair.

by Anonymousreply 244July 13, 2020 7:06 PM

She’s not primetime material, which will be illustrated by her poor ratings.

by Anonymousreply 245July 13, 2020 7:14 PM

She has a job for life regardless of poor ratings. There is no way MSNBC can pry her out of that chair without falling victim to claims of racism. The best they can do is move her to some mid-day time slot or inflate her title and use her as a talking head on more credible shows.

by Anonymousreply 246July 13, 2020 7:32 PM

[quote]Don't get me started about her hair.

It’s terrible. What’s with the ugly Medusa braids? Looks like a bunch of snakes 🐍 wrapped around each other.

by Anonymousreply 247July 13, 2020 7:34 PM

R243 Please say that Again.

by Anonymousreply 248July 13, 2020 7:35 PM

Pete buttigieg is still a white supremacist, but DL looks the other way because he's a gay white male.

Just another reason why he'll never be president.

by Anonymousreply 249July 13, 2020 7:37 PM

Well look at the miffed ones chatting it up about Mrs. Reid’s new gig before she even begins it. R246 is an especially particular piece of work. Her show hasn’t even begun yet, dear.

by Anonymousreply 250July 13, 2020 7:38 PM

R249, exactomundo.

by Anonymousreply 251July 13, 2020 7:38 PM

R250 R249 She's been on for weeks in that time slot! They're just naming the show after her now.

Keep up.

by Anonymousreply 252July 13, 2020 7:42 PM

Wow. DL racism is intense.

by Anonymousreply 253July 13, 2020 7:43 PM

R241, and yet some many from the other side of the coin would never apply this same argument to Paula Deen, who was a bankteller being held up when she uttered the n-word 40 years ago, like Megyn Kelly who posed a question on morning television, like anyone who's wore blackface in high school or college, and so on. None of these people were given the courtesy of reasoning or simple explanation, no matter how realistic, logical or perhaps even outlandish. However, Reid's explanation about being hacked is taken at face value & Nikole Hannah-Jones' hate filled paper from college, where she makes extreme & hypothetical claims against white people, is only mildly given attention because "she was a young college student". Yes, there are certain provisions & people gets passes all the time in instances such as this. Brittney Cooper's idea that living in America with Trump as president has made her obese would have gotten a white "pundit" fired from any learning establishment had he or she made claims as ridiculous about white people living under President Obama's administration. (Cooper has been obese during every presidential administration in her lifetime.) Denying the power in this is very convenient, but never makes anyone look any smarter than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 254July 13, 2020 7:44 PM

r241 - Sorry, but those are not adequate. An adequate apology would actually include an acknowledgement of what she did and a real show of remorse. Not blaming it on hackers or saying "I am sorry that you feel that way" type of apology.

You know I am right. Quit trying to bury that lame excuse. You have been given the evidence in links you failed to provide. Great! she has a show. May she keep it forever.

But again, no real progress has been made. That is my frustration. The ball has been dropped when it comes to police having immunity to abuse and kill people of color and the criminal justice system incarcerating black men as a matter of course. The energy you have expended to defend that cow of a woman would have been better spent trying to support real change.

I volunteer in prisons and jails doing group counseling and GED preparation because I know how the system doubles down on people once they have been put in the system. I have spent my own money on materials to further this goal and called potential employers to try and help these men find jobs upon release. I know how much you want to hate me, but what Joy has done is to further marginalize gay people and endorse the system's discrimination against us.

You must be proud.

by Anonymousreply 255July 13, 2020 9:06 PM

[quote]I know how much you want to hate me

You would be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 256July 13, 2020 9:13 PM

What state are you in, R255?

by Anonymousreply 257July 13, 2020 9:16 PM

Erin Burnett is not a total fag hating bitch like Joy Reid, laugh all you want and give me a double chocolate chip cookie! Bitch puleez.

by Anonymousreply 258July 13, 2020 9:18 PM

She NEVER apologized for her anti gay comments; only her anti trans ones.

And stop the histrionics calling Mayor Pete a white supremacist. It just shows you’re a moron.

Firing the black chief of police may or not have been warranted but that is a far cry from being a white supremacist.

And if not being able to solve all the race related issues in his city makes him “racist” then you’d better add DeBlasio and every Mayor (including the black ones) of every major US city to the list of “racists”.

People like you only add fuel to the fire of the true racists who try to argue that Blacks are not as intelligent by providing great (albeit) anecdotal data points.

Unfortunately that too probably goes over your head

by Anonymousreply 259July 13, 2020 9:21 PM

Joy=Bad person

Her homophobia is real and she even tried to blame Russian hackers before there even were Russian hackers! Ha Toots!

by Anonymousreply 260July 13, 2020 10:35 PM

Reid would throw us from tall buildings given the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 261July 13, 2020 11:22 PM

^You're reaching.

by Anonymousreply 262July 14, 2020 12:34 AM

Joy Reid needs to take a seat far away from MSNBC and let someone who supports all minorities handle the 7pm hour.

Dust off Phil Donahue for Christ's sake.

by Anonymousreply 263July 14, 2020 1:00 AM

Okay R255, her apology was half baked, but I seriously doubt she'd be pushing us off buildings as R261 suggests.

Nobody answered my question. Why can we forgive someone like Jensen Ackles or Aaron Shock for their homophobia, which was more recent and aggressive, and not Joy?? If it's because you think they're is hot, OK so what! Does that mean we need to bring our racial slurs to bring down Joy's promotion?? Gays of color overlook her "homophobia" because it's not like Joy is in Congress legislating against us or on the Supreme Court with a history of conservatism. She's giving her opinion on TV.

Why is it so hard for grown men to just say "I'm still offended by her comments, her apology was disingenuous. I will not be watching." What is with the RACISM??????

Nobody also replied to R229 when I suggested maybe black people shouldn't vote for Democrats as R214 may be suggesting....

by Anonymousreply 264July 14, 2020 1:23 AM

I question the people defending Joy by spreading right wing propaganda about Pete Buttigieg. They are clearly not gay men.

There are more chances of Joy being a homophobe, when there is actual proof of homophobic bias, than Pete being racist.

by Anonymousreply 265July 14, 2020 2:06 AM

R264, that's a fair question. I don't think anyone's really given Shock a pass for his homophobia & I really don't think most of the people here who are against Reid are basing it on her blackness. It's too dismissive, convenient & naive to make it that simple. I think it boils down to the types of "apologies" each offered. Shock wrote a long, personal message on social media, admitting to mistakes, personal demons & flaws, a strict upbringing--all the ingredients that contribute to an individual potentially growing into an adult self-denying gay man who justifies his behavior by denying others their right to their own dignified gayness. While his message was long winded & exposed him as still being a bit of a pompous slime, the effort was made & came across with sincerity. I in no way support Shock or his vanity & hubris, but I accept that his message was well-intentioned. Reid on the other hand made an apology just to say what she had to get out of a bind--and just because it had become unavoidable. She took the low road, blaming it on a crackpot scheme of hackers. Surely if hackers wanted to smear her by infiltrating her social media they could have/would have said things much more inflammatory that making up derogatory views about gays. And there is ultimately no evidence of any hacking ever occurring. Instead of being up front, humbling herself, by issuing a statement that read something like "Yes, I made these statements when I knew less about the world & the people who occupy it. Since then I've evolved & understand the value of how disappointing my uninformed perspectives have been..." You get the picture. Instead she discounted what her words meant by pawning off her responsibility to a lie, which ultimately has discounted the trust many people have in her.

by Anonymousreply 266July 14, 2020 2:49 AM

So you have essentially given Schock as pass R266 despite his record and his actual votes. Joy Reid’s blog was not policy or actual legislation. Joy Reid is a democrat who continues to vote for and advocate on the behalf of democrats. This is now comical.

by Anonymousreply 267July 14, 2020 2:54 AM

R267, who said anything about Schock getting a pass? Certainly nothing in my post states that. In fact, I stated that I don't think anyone's given him a pass. My point was clearly made that it boiled down to the types of statements he and Reid made. If you read and comprehended my post with an open mind what I stated would have been apparent to you. Your comment exemplifies how some people just cannot get out of their on own heads or their own ways to see a constructive point of view. Sorry to come off as an asshole, but really now.

by Anonymousreply 268July 14, 2020 3:19 AM

FYI the email address for MSNBC President appears to work: phil.griffin@nbcuni.com

The trans are always leveraging online media for their cause; we gays should do the same.

by Anonymousreply 269July 14, 2020 3:39 AM

This is why I don’t get too wrapped up in hating Trump or the right-wing because I’m sorry, they’re a million percent right about the Left being hypocrites.

If Tucker Carlson had said even a third of what Joy has said about the LGBTQ community, they would never let him live it down. They would be contacting his advertisers to boycott his show until FOX canceled him.

But since Joy is a lefty, and a minority, it’s like “you guys, she said she was sorry. Let’s let bygones be bygones”.

by Anonymousreply 270July 14, 2020 3:45 AM

She looks like she should be on RuPaul's Drag race

by Anonymousreply 271July 14, 2020 3:50 AM

This all boils down to Bernie. She hated Bernie and Bernie bros leaked her blog. The continued hate towards Joy is about upset bros. There was not one thing in that blog that was worse than anything I read on here. The blog is why she got a job on NBC in the first place. You tried to cancel her and it didn’t work and Is not going to work. So keep emailing people who are sending your emails to the trash. The decision has been made and they are not going back on that decision. Find something else to waste your time on.

by Anonymousreply 272July 14, 2020 3:52 AM

[quote]There was not one thing in that blog that was worse than anything I read on here.

People on here aren't on national news networks, moron.

And if you think this is about BernieBros, you're even stupider than you seem.

This is about HOMOPHOBIA and LYING ABOUT IT. Period.

No go back to LSA you dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 273July 14, 2020 4:11 AM

I totally agree with you, r269!

[quote] Why can we forgive someone like Jensen Ackles or Aaron Shock for their homophobia

Jensen Ackles is NOT a homophobe, you stupid asshole!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274July 14, 2020 5:14 AM

It seems like black people are now exempt from criticism over homophobia. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2020 9:34 AM

^No. Just because you want it to be that way does not make it so.

Also, republicans are some of the most hypocritical people in existence. The far left has nothing on true republican hypocrisy. If Obama or Clinton had done half of the shit that Trump has been doing and getting away with since being in office, repugs would have called for both of their heads on a platter.

by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2020 10:25 AM

No one has forgiven Aaron Schock, he has a great body and ass which is coveted by many, Joy does not have a body to die for. Both are horrid and self serving and will step on and over a gay to get ahead.

Joy is a homophobe. Aaron is a self loathing gay. Joy has been given a prime time tv program which should be filled by a non homophobe, but unfortunately for the gays of the world, MSNBC doesn't care. I for one will watch CNN. I hope MSNBC's ratings tank with Joy.

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2020 11:33 AM

R276, like many history revisionists, you seem to forget that Clinton was impeached, as well. You must be too young to remember how the Clinton's were vilified by the while they were in office.

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2020 12:01 PM

The raving lunatic on this thread who thinks black people are saints that can do no wrong seems to be mistaking attraction for acceptance. Just because we want to fuck Schock and Jensen Ackles doesn't mean we excuse them being homophobes. We can think they're deplorable assholes and still want to stick our cocks in them. Wanting to bone someone does not equal liking them as a person.

by Anonymousreply 279July 14, 2020 12:26 PM

R272 Hi Joy, you nasty cunt. Does the Rev Al lick your pussy?

by Anonymousreply 280July 14, 2020 12:31 PM

R165 is a smoothbrain re2tard.

Every time I see someone throw this out I want to scream. The level of incompetence and faulty thinking it requires to say something like this is just off the charts. He's the type to think a homeless white man has institutional power just because another white man is the head of a bank. Puddle of piss for grey matter.

Not only is it a profound misunderstanding of how power is organized, it's a misunderstanding of what racism even is. Prejudice is a defining factor of racism, declaring someone is "prejudice" but not racist just makes no sense, it's completely incoherent. At no point has any competent, sane person declared that "racism" requires some institutional power to exist.

They call Terry Crews an uncle Tom in code while dancing like Joysticks for a woman who called them pedophiles. Go on gurl, put on a sissy minstrel show for Joy to laugh at you in her dollar brand braids :D :D

by Anonymousreply 281July 14, 2020 12:43 PM

The mentally sick, like R281, on this thread are scary. Even if Joy Reid was a homophobe, which she's not, it wouldn't excuse all the racism in this thread.

by Anonymousreply 282July 14, 2020 12:51 PM

R1 is everything wrong with today. Glad it was R1 because it makes a point of how silly it is to have the first words of discussion be negative. People are disgusted by cancel culture, which brings everyone's worst moment or printed thought to the beginning of a conversation about a public figure.

It's free association except instead of using adjectives to describe a person, you just fling shit at their reputation by regurgitating literally anything in your brain about them that is negative. Its so easy to spotlight in this case because Reid's comments on her blog more than a decade ago were super ignorant but dont bother me much.

I bet R1 will continue to inject "but what about her blog?" in all future posts about Joy Reid. Don't be that guy. There is more to people's contributions than the worst possible thing you once heard about them. But DL tends to be full of shit flingers. "I know one thing about this person, it's negative, and I will continue to repeat it at every single fucking opportunity until I drop dead."

sorry to go on a tangent. I actually only clicked on this thread because I wondered how many replies it would take before someone brought up her blog and then it's R1.

by Anonymousreply 283July 14, 2020 1:25 PM

R282 here she is calling you a pedophile - and you eat it up. Keep begging for scraps from bigots along with your spiritual brothers the Log Cabin boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284July 14, 2020 1:35 PM

[quote]And Joy’s history with gay issues does not get a pass because she is black. Sorry.

But I have, Child. I already have. I've been promoted to prime time.

by Anonymousreply 285July 14, 2020 3:02 PM

Joy isn't a descendant of American Slaves. Her father is from Congo and her mother from Guyana.

by Anonymousreply 286July 14, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote] Joy isn't a descendant of American Slaves. Her father is from Congo and her mother from Guyana.

That's probably where her superior attitude comes from.

Well, that and Harvard.

I honestly can't stand the bitch.

by Anonymousreply 287July 14, 2020 3:05 PM

[quote][R276], like many history revisionists, you seem to forget that Clinton was impeached, as well. You must be too young to remember how the Clinton's were vilified by the while they were in office.

Too young? No dear, I was most definitely around and I remember the impeachment and how the Repugs wanted to take Bill down even before the dick sucking debacle. However, to dispute the hypocrisy of your fellow Repugs is ludicrous. As I stated before, if Obama or Clinton had done even a fraction of the criminal and immoral shit that Donnie has done since being in office, the Repugs would have called for their heads. With Donnie, they just look the other way. The revisionist history is in your court.

by Anonymousreply 288July 14, 2020 5:20 PM

A man annu is leaked! And then the poopoo comes out. And then they eat the poo-poo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 14, 2020 5:43 PM

Disappointed to hear this. I'm not a fan of hers, and would have preferred someone else in the 7-8pm time slot.

by Anonymousreply 290July 14, 2020 5:45 PM

Why is the called The Reidout? Wouldn't a better name for the show be The Wig Out?

by Anonymousreply 291July 14, 2020 5:57 PM

r287, is "uppity" the word you're looking for?

by Anonymousreply 292July 14, 2020 7:19 PM

I was thinking it would be PM JOY, but I'm fine with The Reidout. I just can't wait to tune in. She sticks it to Drumpf unlike any of the others.

by Anonymousreply 293July 14, 2020 8:53 PM

She's so anti-gay her husband must be on the down-low.

by Anonymousreply 294July 14, 2020 8:56 PM

Oh dear

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 14, 2020 9:01 PM

That's almost always how it is, R294.

I think you nailed it.

When a woman suspects her husband of being closeted or on the downlow, it usually makes her hyper paranoid, and thus homophobic.

Joy is projecting her insecurities on to us. And that photo at R295 is just screaming "on the downlow."

by Anonymousreply 296July 14, 2020 9:13 PM

Joy looka like man

by Anonymousreply 297July 14, 2020 9:20 PM

[quote]Joy looka like man

The go-to insult for Americans is attack someone's looks. You think happily married Joy cares what you shallow white queens think about her. Her show is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 298July 14, 2020 9:23 PM

R298 Piss off. This is mostly a gay forum and Joy has shown her true colors. She is a SPINELESS liar and careerist. I won't give her my respect ever again. She can wallow in the shit with Rev Sharpton and Lying Brian Williams.

by Anonymousreply 299July 14, 2020 9:31 PM

Joy Reid was not HACKED. Please. It's insulting! Greedy careerist pig = Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 300July 14, 2020 9:32 PM

Even Meghan McCain came out today on the side of the gays on the View today. She said Joy Reid got a pass on her hateful and unforgiveable homophobia.

MSNBC has jumped the shark on this promotion. Joy is an albatross, sorry Joy lovers.

by Anonymousreply 301July 14, 2020 10:53 PM

[quote]Even Meghan McCain came out today on the side of the gays on the View today. She said Joy Reid got a pass on her hateful and unforgiveable homophobia.

Really? That's great. keep emailing MSNBC:

phil.griffin@nbcuni.com

by Anonymousreply 302July 14, 2020 11:35 PM

Joy's daughter is a lesbian. So I guess according to you dumbasses, she hates her daughter. Some of you have way too much time on your hands. And now you're praising Meghan McCain after all the shit she's said? Fuck y'all.

by Anonymousreply 303July 14, 2020 11:47 PM

Are you defending Joy because it's important to have a black woman anchor? If not that, why? Because she is a lying spineless cunt who sold us out.

by Anonymousreply 304July 14, 2020 11:57 PM

Joy didn't say "I'm sorry I posted ignorant and hateful homophobic comments. I'm appalled. And I've changed. And I'm sorry for those I may have hurt."

NOPE. SHE FUCKING LIED - cockamamie stories - to keep her position without taking any risks of telling the truth. LIAR. Lying cunt. I pity her daughter who knows her mother cynically lied to safe face. CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 305July 14, 2020 11:59 PM

[quote]Joy's daughter is a lesbian. So I guess according to you dumbasses, she hates her daughter.

Wow you're slow. Her homophobia was directed at gay men.

by Anonymousreply 306July 15, 2020 12:06 AM

Keep writing to MSNBC.

Even though they have already signed off on her new show, once they receive the emails, and see the ratings tank, they'll replace her.

She might have the job in the short term, but hopefully we can get her replaced in the long run.

Personally, I'd like to see another curmudgeon like Chris Matthews, fill that spot.

by Anonymousreply 307July 15, 2020 12:22 AM

If they must have a black woman, find a normal one. Not this piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 308July 15, 2020 12:26 AM

R302 Thank you! I hope everyone emails this guy to tell him that is is NOT ok to hire a Homophobe like Joy.

by Anonymousreply 309July 15, 2020 12:36 AM

Kristin Welker, R308! I really love her.

Kristen Welker parents are a Native American father, Harvey Welker (engineer) and an African-American mother, Julie Welker (estate agent). Their story is, by the way, connected with her profession choice.

[quote] She commented: “... when my mother ran for City Council, that was the moment when I knew I wanted to be a political reporter. Some reporters asked her about being married to my father - they have an interracial relationship - as if that was somehow a negative thing. I think my parents handled it with grace. I would get very upset about this line of questioning. It made me realise how important it is that political reporters are being fair. Tough, but fair.”

Kristen Welker's husband name is John Hughes, and he works as a marketing director at Merck in Philadelphia. The couple met due to mutual friends, and the reporter recollected it as follows:

[quote] "I'm 40 years old. I say that to give hope to other women who maybe haven't found The One in their 20s. So two summers ago, my best friend from high school's mother said, "I'd really like you to meet John Hughes." He is their family friend's son. I had just about given up on the idea of finding someone, but we had dinner in Philadelphia, and the rest is sort of history."

I think she's adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310July 15, 2020 12:40 AM

R302 I just sent my email about Joy and will keep you posted if I get a reply. Erin Burnett is not awful and certainly not homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 311July 15, 2020 12:41 AM

They got rid of Greta pretty quick because her ratings sucked. The same will happen to Joy. They should really replace her with white gay Steve Kornacki, as a big fuck you to Joy.

by Anonymousreply 312July 15, 2020 1:04 AM

She could hate her daughter, r303. But she probably forgives that. It doesn’t wound her as bad as having a husband on the DL. I agree with the earlier posters who observed that it fuels her homophobia. It explains why she is so plugged in, yet so resentful.

I wouldn’t want to have to fuck her ugly ass either.

by Anonymousreply 313July 15, 2020 1:05 AM

I rather have a drink at a gay bar with MEGHAN MCCAIN than with Homophobe Joy Reid anytime. Meghan never ever attacked gays in her right wing defenses, in fact, she has gotten beat up by other right wing homophobes for her pro gay positions. That's how pathetic I think Joy Reid is.

by Anonymousreply 314July 15, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote]Really? That's great. keep emailing MSNBC:

Lol. Keep tryin'. In vain.

by Anonymousreply 315July 15, 2020 2:55 AM

Get off this GAY board you homophobic LSA cunts.

by Anonymousreply 316July 15, 2020 2:58 AM

One dumb Joy lover has posted dozens and dozens of times on this thread. Pathetic. Says he is gay and black but homophobia is less important than BLM.

by Anonymousreply 317July 15, 2020 3:02 AM

Right now it is r317. Nothing is going to happen to you as long as you are white. Relish it.

by Anonymousreply 318July 15, 2020 5:38 AM

Didn't watch her today, not watching tomorrow....

And c'mon, Is S Kornacki really geh?

by Anonymousreply 319July 15, 2020 5:46 AM

As a black/Latino gay man, I can honestly say that racism cuts deeper to me than homophobia. As someone who has been subject to both, my being gay is not visible. My skin color is. And, as much as gay white men cry over homophobia, as they should, they are still part of a social hierarchy (and all of the privileges that come with it) that gay men of color will never be afforded.

So boo fuckin’ hoo to all the gay white men in here who are mad that Joy got the gig. Try being a double minority like she and we are.

by Anonymousreply 320July 15, 2020 6:43 AM

[quote]Even Meghan McCain came out today on the side of the gays on the View today. She said Joy Reid got a pass on her hateful and unforgiveable homophobia.

This Meghan McCain?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321July 15, 2020 7:50 AM

The Meghan McCain that's married to this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322July 15, 2020 7:51 AM

The Meghan McCain whose father campaigned and voted against MLK day?

by Anonymousreply 323July 15, 2020 7:52 AM

Or the Meghan that outs people on live TV?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 324July 15, 2020 7:58 AM

Here's the segment. Meghan McCain isn't the brightest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 15, 2020 8:13 AM

But she actually hates you, R320.

by Anonymousreply 326July 15, 2020 8:33 AM

If you ask black gay people to pick a side it's almost always a no-brainer. White gays are one of the most toxically racist demographics. Team Joy.

by Anonymousreply 327July 15, 2020 9:08 AM

QUEEN

seethe white gays

by Anonymousreply 328July 15, 2020 9:17 AM

[quote] So boo fuckin’ hoo to all the gay white men in here who are mad that Joy got the gig. Try being a double minority like she and we are.

Which makes Joy Reid's bigotry all the more egregious.

If she's a "double minority," then she should very well understand what it feels like to be discriminated against.

by Anonymousreply 329July 15, 2020 10:06 AM

IF she’s a double minority? Um...she is.

by Anonymousreply 330July 15, 2020 11:34 AM

Love the severe read and receipts from R320 - R325.

by Anonymousreply 331July 15, 2020 11:35 AM

Typical hate-spewing church lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332July 15, 2020 6:13 PM

Um, how is she a double minority? Women make up 50.8 % of the US population, and are therefore a majority.

Basically, she's a black person. A Harvard educated one, who is in the top 10% of earners in the US. She needs to drop the victim act, and accept that she's a privileged woman who likes to bully gay people.

by Anonymousreply 333July 15, 2020 6:19 PM

I would take her more seriously if I wasn't distracted by her awful wigs. Go natural Joy!

by Anonymousreply 334July 15, 2020 7:00 PM

An appellate court has ruled that Joy Reid, the new host of MSNBC’s 7 p.m. weeknight hour, should again face a defamation lawsuit over a woman’s claim that, in Reid’s social media posts, she falsely accused her of making racist remarks at a 2018 Simi Valley, CA city council meeting.

The plaintiff in the case, Roslyn La Liberte, contends that in one of Reid’s social media posts on Instagram, she defamed her by attributing racist remarks to her. Then in another post on Facebook and Instagram, La Liberte claims, Reid juxtaposed a photo from the council meeting with the 1957 image of a white woman in Little Rock screaming execrations at a Black child trying to go to school.

by Anonymousreply 335July 15, 2020 7:47 PM

All this and her new show will still premiere in 5, 4, 3, 2...

by Anonymousreply 336July 15, 2020 8:53 PM

Joy is a piece of shit and I hope she is made to pay big money for her defemation. What an unkind woman with no conscience. MSNBC take note, people are getting tired of this BS from Joy and your brand will be damaged the longer you have her around.

by Anonymousreply 337July 15, 2020 8:55 PM

[quote]Basically, she's a black person. A Harvard educated one, who is in the top 10% of earners in the US

Puh-lease. As if that matters, when a big chunk of the majority race still looks at black people as nothing more than an N word, which is why black people are still subject to discrimination because of their skin color — the kind that can get them killed for simply walking down the street or harassed while bird watching in a park. Meanwhile the Dylan Roofs of the world are taken by the cops to Burger King after a night of slaughtering up a black church.

by Anonymousreply 338July 15, 2020 8:59 PM

Wishful thinking R337. She’s been around for years and MSNBC is doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 339July 15, 2020 9:00 PM

Good.

Maybe she'll knock out the homophobic slips and the making-things-up habit.

by Anonymousreply 340July 15, 2020 9:05 PM

Really r332?

You want to be the defender of Ann Coulter and Clarence Thomas' wife from some insults?

Fuck you up your whole asshole.

by Anonymousreply 341July 15, 2020 9:09 PM

Still crickets on the Meghan McCain receipts, I see. This is nothing more than a bunch of selective anger born out of envy from a bunch of white gays who are the type to smile in a black person’s face but cut them up as soon as they walk away.

by Anonymousreply 342July 15, 2020 9:15 PM

Still crickets on the Meghan McCain receipts, I see. This is nothing more than a bunch of selective anger born out of envy from a bunch of white gays who are the type to smile in a black person’s face but cut them up as soon as they walk away.

by Anonymousreply 343July 15, 2020 9:15 PM

She lied that she was hacked.

Then she lied and said her experts had proved she had been hacked.

Then she admitted the experts had not proved that.

But she continued to deny she could have ever written homophobic things.

by Anonymousreply 344July 15, 2020 9:27 PM

She has never admitted to writing hateful posts we have seen, but apologized for what, exactly?

"She did not admit to writing the posts, but said she had "not been exempt from being dumb or cruel or hurtful to the very people I want to advocate for." "And for that, I am truly, truly sorry," she added."

Weak spineless careerist cunt

by Anonymousreply 345July 15, 2020 9:29 PM

I understand why you feel that way R243. But I do think even as a minority it’s clear she’s getting a break from her channel because she’s liberal, not because her statements were unproblematic.

by Anonymousreply 346July 15, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]Weak spineless careerist cunt

Thank goodness she's the only one like that in that profession.

by Anonymousreply 347July 15, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote]Weak spineless careerist cunt

Thank goodness she's the only one like that in that profession.

by Anonymousreply 348July 15, 2020 9:47 PM

Yes r348 not like that wonderful Barbera Fedida. I wonder why there are no long threads about her on DL but more threads on Joy Reid?

by Anonymousreply 349July 15, 2020 9:57 PM

She's so divisive and awful. MSNBC is going to regret shoving her wig in the primetime audience's face.

by Anonymousreply 350July 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Homophobic. Pass.

Also fuck you to the poster saying "white gays only hate a successful black," I would absolutely love to watch a Joshua Johnson show in that slot. Your race baiting won't distract anyone from seeing homophobic Joy.

by Anonymousreply 351July 15, 2020 10:15 PM

Joy has no credibility as a progressive voice with her disgusting homophobic remarks. If this is the best the progressives have, they don't have much.

by Anonymousreply 352July 15, 2020 10:56 PM

[quote] She's so divisive and awful. MSNBC is going to regret

I have to wonder if any of our complaints are actually resonating with MSNBC, or do they truly not give a shit about what the gay community thinks.

If anyone gets a response from MSNBC to any emails you send them, please post the replies here. I'd love to see their "form letter" response to our grievances.

I'm thinking that they really don't give a fuck about us.

by Anonymousreply 353July 15, 2020 11:05 PM

The only thing they care about are ratings. So watch Ari Melber from 6-7, and then change the channel as soon as you spot her ugly wig.

by Anonymousreply 354July 15, 2020 11:08 PM

Joy's weekend program is often #1. She is one of the go to fill in anchors for Chris, Rachel and Larry in primetime. This was a no brainer for MSNBC. A few sad racists on DL clearly don't have any impact with TPTB at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 355July 15, 2020 11:09 PM

Also boycott her advertisers, and let those companies know why.

by Anonymousreply 356July 15, 2020 11:10 PM

Gay men are the forgotten minority. We're the only minority group that you can make hateful statements towards and not be cancelled as a result. It's frightening.

by Anonymousreply 357July 15, 2020 11:40 PM

If MSNBC got 10K letters from gays and some write ups in gay press, they might care. 10 of us DL queens complaining - will have ZERO impact and make them wonder why some old gays are "so racist". Sad, but true. And the "queer" media will not touch Joy, since only a white gay or lesbian would ever complain and we are very low on the totem pole.

by Anonymousreply 358July 15, 2020 11:46 PM

God only knows what nasty stuff Joy has said that wasn't in her blog. She is pathetic and people should not watch.

by Anonymousreply 359July 15, 2020 11:53 PM

R314, hypocrite.

Did you get your covid test after attending the Tulsa rally? Doing your part to "Make America Great Again" as long as Joy Reid doesn't get her promotion, yes?

by Anonymousreply 360July 16, 2020 1:36 AM

Joy Reid was 100% on board with Jussie Smollett and ready to help ignite the fires of a race war. She never apologized for her lack of judgement on his bizarre tall tale. Joy is not as bright as people make her out to be.

by Anonymousreply 361July 16, 2020 2:24 AM

[quote]VI have to wonder if any of our complaints are actually resonating with MSNBC, or do they truly not give a shit about what the gay community thinks.

Well, it didn't work with Chick Fil-A, so...

by Anonymousreply 362July 16, 2020 2:25 AM

How many here have had Jason?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363July 16, 2020 2:38 AM

Who champions Joy's intelligence?

by Anonymousreply 364July 16, 2020 2:39 AM

I like it when Joy scrunches her nose when telling a story about the GOP and something suspect they are doing. So cute.

by Anonymousreply 365July 16, 2020 2:48 AM

R365 Do you like when she does that while talking about gays too?

by Anonymousreply 366July 16, 2020 2:49 AM

I like when she cashes us gays outside. What a swell chick!

by Anonymousreply 367July 16, 2020 2:51 AM

People keep on saying that she has a long history of publishing homophobic content, but they NEVER prove it.

The Christian Church is Homophobic, and is Racist too. Go after them.

She is more of a modern democratic progressive now, we are for LGBT rights.

by Anonymousreply 368July 16, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]People keep on saying that she has a long history of publishing homophobic content, but they NEVER prove it.

The links were published above, moron, including VOX (you can't get more Left wing than that) summarized it all including here failed LIES about writing them in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 369July 16, 2020 3:25 AM

I might have forgiven her if she copped to the lies and the attitude, but she lied lied lied lied lied. And got away with it.

by Anonymousreply 370July 16, 2020 3:29 AM

I hope that bitch's show tanks, and they replace her with Shep. There's some shade for her!

by Anonymousreply 371July 16, 2020 4:15 AM

I watched her apology. Rachel, Jonathan Capehart and other prominent gays accepted her apology and have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 372July 16, 2020 4:16 AM

The reason the white gay men in this thread can't move on the way those others have, R372, is because they are spiteful and racist.

by Anonymousreply 373July 16, 2020 4:54 AM

Here's something allegedly interesting- Mary Trump retweeted this on 4/26/18. (Original Tweet is Dan Savage.)

[quote] Seconded: “‘Allegedly Joy Reid Wasn’t Great On Gay Issues 10 Years Ago’ is a really stupid battle, to be engaged in only by complete fucking idiots.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 16, 2020 5:02 AM

Wait, so Dan Savage is on Joy's side?

I'm not sure I'm reading that correctly.

by Anonymousreply 375July 16, 2020 5:07 AM

Dan was quoting a Wonkette article, "I, A Flaming Homosexual, Don't Give A Flying Fuck Whether Joy Reid Wrote That Shit 10 Years Ago." The article was dated 4/26/18.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376July 16, 2020 5:11 AM

R361, Did Joy cover the 18-year-old Wisconsin EMT who claimed she was doused in lighter fluid by four white fratboys and set on fire?

by Anonymousreply 377July 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Hey boys, tell us about Jason's cock.

by Anonymousreply 378July 16, 2020 8:51 AM

Homophobia is easily forgiven; racism never is. Such is our world.

by Anonymousreply 379July 16, 2020 9:18 AM

Joy hates gays. Simple math.

by Anonymousreply 380July 16, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote]Wait, so Dan Savage is on Joy's side?

Are you high? Done Savage who can barely disguise his disdain and bias for blacks? The same guy that thinks the coming out of some obscure white Broadway queens was more important than much more significant events ranging from Frank Ocean to Michael Sam? He is the embodiment of racism in the gay community. It wouldn't surprise me if he was posting on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 381July 16, 2020 1:59 PM

I don’t believe that she’s changed her views on gays. She never talks about gay issues on her show. Frequently stacks her panels with black reverends who you know are anti-gay. She had a particular disdain for Mayor Pete for seemingly no reason. She dismissed the claim outright that black people didn’t like Pete because he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 382July 16, 2020 2:08 PM

R382 just showed his hand. The clergy she has on her show are well known progressives and social justice advocates for minorities and LGBT communities.

by Anonymousreply 383July 16, 2020 3:21 PM

I think she is kind of caught up in a belief system that would rejoice about the whole Jussie Smollett thing if it hadn't turned out the way it did. I think it is similar to the way the knee jerk conservatives and shoot from the hip liberals despise their adversaries. It's almost a fetish. So if the "other" is about go get a black eye, then the dopamine levels are off the charts.

In a similar way, that belief system taught her to despise Gays. She may recognize the bias now and knows that it is a mistake. But that calculation was made based on Joy's best interest. I think if it had come from remorse, the apology would't have been so backhanded.

by Anonymousreply 384July 16, 2020 3:22 PM

Joy is toxic. Memo to MSNBC: Cut ties with Joy today, do the old cut and run move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385July 16, 2020 3:46 PM

Its not the case that Reid's reverend and church lady guests are LGBT supporters. All that baby jeebus talk and bible-thumping. doesn't leave room for the gays

by Anonymousreply 386July 16, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote]Homophobia is easily forgiven; racism never is.

So racism should be forgiven? Your sullen tone just shows you to be as bigoted as those you speak of.

by Anonymousreply 387July 16, 2020 5:41 PM

I love Joy because she makes the MAGAts blood boil.

by Anonymousreply 388July 16, 2020 5:56 PM

This is a high-tech lynching!

by Anonymousreply 389July 16, 2020 6:12 PM

And you're homophobic, right, R387?

by Anonymousreply 390July 16, 2020 6:19 PM

If one is forgiven, why not the other, R387 - what is your logic here?

by Anonymousreply 391July 16, 2020 6:20 PM

Joy has such cute facial expressions which is one really funny reason to keep her going.

by Anonymousreply 392July 16, 2020 6:46 PM

She sharts every time she makes those faces.

by Anonymousreply 393July 16, 2020 6:50 PM

Let's change direction and give Joy some LUV.

by Anonymousreply 394July 16, 2020 8:32 PM

Jason knows how to mooove.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395July 16, 2020 10:14 PM

Making fun of Joy's husband because he seems gay to you?

Seems illogical to me.

But you do you DL.

by Anonymousreply 396July 16, 2020 10:50 PM

Even though he is married to a woman and no one knows that he is truly "DL," making fun of Joy's husband is, in a way, its own form of homophobia. The hypocrisy astounds.

by Anonymousreply 397July 16, 2020 11:11 PM

Joy's husband looks as gay as two dollar bill. No wonder Joy is a fucked up self hating mess of a person. Too bad she wasn't able to marry Jussie Smollett. That would be a better match.

by Anonymousreply 398July 16, 2020 11:36 PM

Hey why stop at the husband. Make fun of her kids too....

by Anonymousreply 399July 17, 2020 12:35 AM

Joy is arriving on Monday at 7pm. Please remember to check out non homophobe Erin Burnett on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 400July 17, 2020 12:41 PM

I will not watch her. I have tried in the past, but she is too shrill, and her heterosexism is palpable. If she explained her tweet problem better, or made an earnest apology, perhaps. After all her crap, she still did a sensational hit piece on those Fire Island parties recently. Smh. I watch several programs on MSNBC, but not hers. Interesting that she is in the former Chris Matthews slot, as I had a similar reaction to him. If MSNBC wanted an African-American woman, why not Yamiche Alcindor or Kristen Walker? They are much more professional, far less histrionic, and have no perceptible biases.

by Anonymousreply 401July 17, 2020 2:20 PM

On The Brian Lehrer Show on NPR yesterday she revealed her all time favorite film in The Wiz.

by Anonymousreply 402July 17, 2020 2:43 PM

Someone upthread already explained why MSNBCW wants Joy for primetime during the week. It's because she gets great ratings during her weekend show, is relatable and tells it like it is when it comes to Trump and the ReTHUGlican party, and she is constantly picked to do nightly fill-ins. It's a no-brainer. Just because some of you can't get past something she said ages ago and explained, well, that's unfortunate...for you.

by Anonymousreply 403July 17, 2020 4:54 PM

Pure projection on calling Crist's wife a beard. But if I was married to a face like dogshit I wouldn't fuck her either 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404July 17, 2020 6:46 PM

You crazed bitches like R404 always out yourselves with your links.

by Anonymousreply 405July 17, 2020 9:14 PM

r401, once again, MSNBC wants Joy and her OPINIONS on at 7 PM. Those other two women, as professional as they are, would not be suitable for this type of show precisely BECAUSE they strive to be NON-OPINIONATED and UN-BIASED.

Get it now?

MSNBC is making a decision to start "Prime Time" at 7 PM now. I heard Joy say it on one of the shows where the host was congratulating her on her new show. So now OPINIONS are welcome on MSBNC from 7 PM onward.

And let's be honest, Chris Matthews gave plenty of his own opinions over the years on his show too, even though it wasn't an opinion show in particular.

by Anonymousreply 406July 18, 2020 1:47 AM

Fuck right off R406, I get that you’re a cunt who CONTRADICTED herself within the SAME post by making an attempt at some OBTUSE point.

by Anonymousreply 407July 18, 2020 3:06 AM

Almost like he posts here, right R381? I would say he seems apparent in this thread but, if he quoted the tweet, presumably he agrees with it...

by Anonymousreply 408July 18, 2020 2:35 PM

Wow! an MSNBC personality that will call out Trump? What a great new direction for MSNBC I am tired of all those folks not calling out Trump. How refreshing!

On a more serious point, It appears that they are going all in with her show. She has been a guest on Maddow, O'Donnel, and that little whiny shit that comes on at 8. And they all acted so excited that she was getting her own show. Also, I think they said something to her about hair. I wouldn't be surprised if the comb over didn't become a permanent look for her.

But to the people who want to say "that was a long time ago", You know what? When people show you what they really are, believe them. So a homophobic past is her burden. She could unload it if she gave a real apology. But that is not going to happen. I know people like that. They talk shit and then refuse to own it. So they can't offer an apology. Most of them are compulsive liars and attention whores. So praise your queen. You deserve her.

by Anonymousreply 409July 18, 2020 3:02 PM

[quote] But to the people who want to say "that was a long time ago", You know what? When people show you what they really are, believe them

HA! I completely forgot about that quote.

And if any AA people give you grief about calling out Joy on her homophobia, you can QUOTE the late MAYA ANGELOU to shut them up!

Besides, she still hasn't apologized (in any meaningful way), so we already know who she is.

To quote two other African American poetesses:

"I see you!" - Nene Leakes

"We see EACH OTHER!" - Kandi Burress

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410July 18, 2020 4:58 PM

Yeah, thank for piling on the nuance.

by Anonymousreply 411July 18, 2020 5:08 PM

Joy is getting her ass royally tongue bathed by her coterie of regulars on this morning's final edition of "AM Joy".

by Anonymousreply 412July 19, 2020 2:29 PM

^For this black woman, God forbid.......

by Anonymousreply 413July 19, 2020 6:51 PM

They love her. They really love her!

by Anonymousreply 414July 20, 2020 4:20 AM

Oh Geez Joy is a major turn off.

by Anonymousreply 415July 20, 2020 12:39 PM

I was watching Morning Joe earlier today, and Mika had Joy on as a "guest."

Of course, everyone was heaping praises on her. MSNBC seems to think that they made such a wonderful and "historic" decision by giving Joy a primetime slot. Personally, I think they'll regret it.

FYI, Mika also mentioned that Joy's first guests on tonight's show will be BOTH Hillary Clinton AND Joe Biden.

WTF??!!!

by Anonymousreply 416July 20, 2020 1:56 PM

Does this mean that she will be part of "Election Night" on MSNBC?

I really hope not.

by Anonymousreply 417July 20, 2020 2:21 PM

She will be. In 2016 she was the first to identify white educated women breaking for Trump, live on air on election night. Again, the MAGAts hate her just confirms to me that Joy is good people.

by Anonymousreply 418July 20, 2020 3:27 PM

Praise the fashion goddesses: Joy Reid has donned a new, age-appropriate coif for her show's debut episode tonight, the hairdo was revealed during a brief appearance on today's "Andrea Mitchell Reports." Hairstylist just needs to feather the "kitchen" (that nape of the neck area that betrays a short wig) and Joy's hair will be good to go.

Can a wardrobe intervention be in the works this afternoon? Please?

by Anonymousreply 419July 20, 2020 5:15 PM

I can't believe that Hillary and Biden are going to be on her show tonight.

WHYYYYYYY?????!!!!!

Do they hate gay people, too?

by Anonymousreply 420July 20, 2020 5:52 PM

Beats me, R420. Joy Reid is not the popular spokeswoman/icon/role model she imagines herself to be among MSNBC viewers.

I feel bad for the late Gwen Ifill being forced from beyond the grave to participate in Reid's promos. One shared photo does not an endorsement make; who gave her permission to exploit Ms. Ifill (and in such a calculated manner)?

by Anonymousreply 421July 20, 2020 6:42 PM

Joy Reid, you in danger girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 20, 2020 7:20 PM

No r420. They don't hate black people

by Anonymousreply 423July 20, 2020 8:29 PM

Omg her HAIR!

by Anonymousreply 424July 20, 2020 11:01 PM

I saw a clip of Biden being interviewed on her show.

He was FIRED up!

Biden definitely looked Presidential.

by Anonymousreply 425July 21, 2020 2:22 AM

Did anyone watch Joy's new show?

by Anonymousreply 426July 21, 2020 10:46 AM

Watched it. Loved it. Can't wait for tonight's show.

by Anonymousreply 427July 21, 2020 7:32 PM

She had two "marquee" guests on her show for the premiere.

Not even Morning Joe has had Hillary on this year.

Of course, they had Biden on recently, but he probably won't be back since Mika treated him like shit.

by Anonymousreply 428July 21, 2020 8:13 PM

Here's Joy's full interview with Hillary. She's great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429July 21, 2020 9:41 PM

WaPo: Joy Reid’s first MSNBC primetime show last night beat Fox News and CNN at 7 p.m. in total viewers

by Anonymousreply 430July 21, 2020 9:45 PM

Joy's new show is really good. I've put it on my DVR. I found it tighter than her AMJoy show

by Anonymousreply 431July 21, 2020 9:50 PM

This thread just reminded me - time to go watch her second episode, right now!

by Anonymousreply 432July 21, 2020 10:59 PM

Hey DL GAYS! Joy is talking about "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" right now!!!

by Anonymousreply 433July 21, 2020 11:33 PM

I loved that Baby Jane clip! Of course, these vindictive, butthurt white gays wouldn't care if she showed Baby Jane and then had Barbra Streisand on to sing "People".

by Anonymousreply 434July 22, 2020 1:37 AM

Hello, gays. Joy Reid here.

I'd appreciate if you would watch my show.

Let's call a truce, shall we?

I still hate you and I'm totally grossed out by you, but I need you for my ratings.

Thanks in advance!

by Anonymousreply 435July 22, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote]Of course, they had Biden on recently, but he probably won't be back since Mika treated him like shit.

WTF is Mika's problem?

by Anonymousreply 436July 22, 2020 11:48 PM

They really spent a lot of money upgrading her hair and wardrobe for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 437July 22, 2020 11:52 PM

Her show is not bad. Her guests tomorrow are Nancy Pelosi and MAYOR PETE...

by Anonymousreply 438July 23, 2020 12:11 AM

Doesn't Mayo Pete ever learn to avoid this beyotch? She's going to ask him why he's a racist.

by Anonymousreply 439July 23, 2020 12:17 AM

If Joy starts attacking Mayor Pete, he should say "Don't come for me, unless I send for you!"

And then twirl off the set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440July 23, 2020 12:42 AM

Is she fucking the head of MSNBC? They’re going all out on her new show, even allowing that pompous douche back on the air just because joy wanted him. Everyone is endlessly kissing her ass when she introduces them. God I miss Diane Sawyer.

by Anonymousreply 441July 23, 2020 12:46 AM

What pompous douche r441? and when was Diane Sawyer ever on MSNBC?

In other words....WTF are you talking about?

by Anonymousreply 442July 23, 2020 1:07 AM

Stop hating on this successful black woman. You racist hypocrites are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 443July 23, 2020 1:08 AM

I can't believe Joe Biden told this homophobe she should be his Vice President. Jill needs to brief him better for his interviews.

by Anonymousreply 444July 23, 2020 3:10 AM

Joe might pick Joy Reid as White House Press Secretary.

by Anonymousreply 445July 23, 2020 11:52 PM

Believe it or not, I would love that R445.

Then I wouldn't have to watch her on MSNBC any more!

by Anonymousreply 446July 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Pete the Mayor is on Joy Reid's show right now!!!!

by Anonymousreply 447July 23, 2020 11:55 PM

Yeah she generously scheduled him for the last five minutes of her program.

by Anonymousreply 448July 23, 2020 11:57 PM

Did she roll her eyes in disgust yet?

Or call him a pansy?

Has she attacked him with unfounded accusations yet?

by Anonymousreply 449July 23, 2020 11:57 PM

So who forced Joy to book him on her show?

Did MSNBC write this into her contract, to rehab her image of being a homophobic gay hater?

by Anonymousreply 450July 23, 2020 11:58 PM

God, Mayor Pete is such a bore.

by Anonymousreply 451July 23, 2020 11:59 PM

God r448, she can never do anything right for you, can she?

by Anonymousreply 452July 23, 2020 11:59 PM

Tomorrow, Ilhan Omar and Valerie Jarrett.

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 453July 24, 2020 12:00 AM

I love how she just slid comfortably into this primetime gig. It was obvious during her recent nighttime fill ins that she was up for the challenge.

by Anonymousreply 454July 24, 2020 1:14 AM

You can call me what u like r405 I'm not married to a closeted lesbian who I resent to the point I need to call lesbians dykes and child bangers. Joy Reid is a pathetic miserable woman no matter how much money she gets and her seething will only turn her looks more grotesque with age. She doesn't exist to me. You barely exist to me. I'd call you an Uncle Tom but the real Uncle Tom was an outstanding guy, you're just a worm dancing for women with faces like shoveled dogshit who call you a paedophile. Worms and you not a spine in sight.

by Anonymousreply 455July 24, 2020 3:06 AM

[quote]She doesn't exist to me.

And yet here you are, in her thread.

by Anonymousreply 456July 24, 2020 11:32 AM

[qute]As a black/Latino gay man, I can honestly say that racism cuts deeper to me than homophobia. As someone who has been subject to both, my being gay is not visible

Oh you are so butch, good for you. Not all gays can "pass" as straight Dear. Did that ever cross your mind?

by Anonymousreply 457July 24, 2020 12:45 PM

[quote]Stop hating on this successful black woman. You racist hypocrites are the worst.

Stop promoting homophobic black woman as qualified just because they are black, you homophobic hypocrites are the worst. There Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 458July 24, 2020 12:50 PM

Did the execs at MSNBC force Joy to wear a natural hairstyle?

I noticed that she's not wearing her signature wigs any more.

I have to admit, I really loved seeing the "wig of the day."

by Anonymousreply 459July 24, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote]There Fixed it for you.

You did nothing but reiterate my point. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 460July 25, 2020 3:47 AM

2.6 million viewers the first week. Watch parties everywhere. Everyone (including your precious Pete) congratulating her. Have a seat, queens. Joy has arrived.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461July 25, 2020 3:50 AM

R453: black woman hate is strong in here.......

by Anonymousreply 462July 25, 2020 4:36 PM

Fernando Amandi. Saw this hottie on Joy's show last night. What do we know about him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 25, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote]black woman hate is strong in here.......

That's BS. I loved Tamera Hall when she was on there, don't know what happened to her but stop with the victim race card every time someone points out a flaw in your idea that all black people are perfect.

by Anonymousreply 464July 27, 2020 2:35 AM

[quote] I loved Tamera Hall when she was on there

Highly doubtful.

Otherwise you'd have known that her name is actually TAMRON Hall, dipshitz.

by Anonymousreply 465July 27, 2020 2:39 AM

I dont sit there and worship TV host Dip shit. I just remembered her name. I liked her. I know that burst your bubble that someone can like one person and not the the other. Stop playing the race card. Joy just sucks. As did Gretta. And back to the point JOY REID IS HOMOPHOBIC!

by Anonymousreply 466July 27, 2020 12:41 PM

[quote]Pete the Mayor is on Joy Reid's show right now!!!!—Anonymous. Yeah she generously scheduled him for the last five minutes of her program.

Yeah, that's pretty trashy and petty TV show hose behavior. It's very Trumpian if you ask me. Would she do that if it were Al Sharpton? Oh right, he's black, very important, the other guy is just one of those F**GS.

by Anonymousreply 467July 27, 2020 12:48 PM

Joy Reid's anti-gay comments would have sunk most other people by now. And that's before you get to her fantastical explanation of hacking.

The nice thing is, going forward, people can argue: Well, they didn't fire Joy Reid and she said...

by Anonymousreply 468July 27, 2020 12:57 PM

464: Who is Tamera Hall? We'll wait......

by Anonymousreply 469July 28, 2020 3:54 PM

467: you notice when someone's black, good for you........

by Anonymousreply 470July 28, 2020 3:56 PM

OK, Tamron Hall! You grammar queens have issues. I stand by my statement. She was great, Joy is a HOMOPHOBE. Hating homophobes who happen to be black do not make you a racist. Get over it and stop trying to put worlds in other peoples mouths.

by Anonymousreply 471July 29, 2020 7:51 AM

[quote] Get over it and stop trying to put worlds in other peoples mouths.

Oh, dear.

That would be quite difficult.

by Anonymousreply 472July 29, 2020 7:52 AM

The SJWs do it all the time.

by Anonymousreply 473July 29, 2020 2:01 PM

R471: grammar queens go on and on about your and you're. You just go on and on about Joy Reid and think all black people look the same

by Anonymousreply 474July 30, 2020 2:44 PM

No one would confuse Joy Reid with Imman. No one. Viola Davis, maybe, but more because all talk for the sake of talking basically sounds the same.

by Anonymousreply 475July 30, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote] You just go on and on about Joy Reid and think all black people look the same

As you go on and on and on playing the race card when I never said such a thing. I said Joy Reid is a HOMOPHOBE. I didn't say anything about her looks or the tacky wigs thereof.

by Anonymousreply 476July 31, 2020 10:51 AM

Joy Reid has proven that the bar is lower for her. It's like she is getting a special pass for her past homophobic hatred from somewhere. Anyone else who was found to be a proven homophobe would have been run out of town on a rail, but not Joy. I have been watching CNN at 7pm and don't think about MSNBC and their poor choices anymore.

by Anonymousreply 477July 31, 2020 11:40 AM

Homophobic, self-aggrandizing cunt who is a genius at lying and then covering her ass when she is caught.

by Anonymousreply 478July 31, 2020 11:54 AM

Snd she's the first one to ever do anything like that r478. How did that woman at ABC get as far as she did by bring racist. Yes it's the race card, so fucking what. You want to see a race card, watch Trump in the next few months.......

by Anonymousreply 479August 1, 2020 4:27 PM

Well, you have to give MSNBC credit for paying attention. Controversy puts asses in the seats, as it were. The past four years have taught us that. Joy floats lies about hacking and refuses to admit she ever did anything wrong. But she is sorry you people have feelings that get hurt. So the gays are not fans and the more in the face the network gets about giving her a show (and she is so in our faces now that her eyeballs are popping out of the back of our heads) the better. Plus the given that all the attention being paid is also going to bring on the regular brigade of racists. Dial it up a few notches with the changing wigs and smarmy delivery and you have an attention grabber that would make trump proud.

But serious journalist? Nah, there are few of the talking heads on prime time cable news that qualify for that title. She is certainly not in that group.

by Anonymousreply 480August 1, 2020 4:46 PM

Her “moment of joy” is asinine.

by Anonymousreply 481August 1, 2020 4:56 PM

At this point she is an ally. I'm fine with that.

by Anonymousreply 482August 1, 2020 5:15 PM

Joy is a homophobe, never an ally to the gays. MSNBC thinks that putting Jonathan Capehart into Joy's old weekend slot will make things better because he is gay. Tokenism doesn't work and it will piss more people off reminding them that Joy is a homophobe who doesn't deserve a weekly platform. Nice try MSNBC, try getting someone who isn't a gay sell out.

by Anonymousreply 483August 1, 2020 9:08 PM

So let me get this straight r484, Jonathan Capehart isn't good enough because he's black and gay and he's a sell out because he's black and gay. I getcha.......

by Anonymousreply 484August 2, 2020 7:46 PM

Don’t be so hard on yourself, R484.

by Anonymousreply 485August 2, 2020 8:17 PM

Nice try

by Anonymousreply 486August 2, 2020 8:52 PM

[quote]I have been watching CNN at 7pm and don't think about MSNBC

That's fine. Joy and her new historic primetime show is still a ratings bonanza. You're not missed.

by Anonymousreply 487August 2, 2020 9:13 PM

MSNBC thinks replacing Joy with Capehart on the weekend is going to erase all of her homophobia. MSNBC sold out the gays and Capehart seems to support Joy Reid so he is a sellout too.

by Anonymousreply 488August 2, 2020 10:43 PM

Joy is going to end up just like Greta Van Susteren. All sorts of hoopla and accolades from MSNBC employees like Rachel Maddow did for Gretta will not help when the newness wears off and BLM fades into the background. I predict she will say something stupid since she obviously didn't know that homophobia was wrong in her other past public comments.

by Anonymousreply 489August 3, 2020 9:55 AM

R488 so you want Jonathan Capehart to sell out the black people instead

by Anonymousreply 490August 3, 2020 11:58 AM

R488 Jonathan Capehart does not have to sell out black people, who is suggesting that you troll? He is selling out gays everywhere with his ass kissing of Joy each and everytime he mentions how great her new show will be. He forgets all the heartless cruelty Joy has shown against gays, gay men in particular. She is a disgusting gay hating cretin and he sells out everytime he praises her.

by Anonymousreply 491August 3, 2020 12:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Joy has a secret Lipstick Alley membership where she continues to trash gays.

by Anonymousreply 492August 3, 2020 12:34 PM

[quote] I wouldn't be surprised if Joy has a secret Lipstick Alley membership where she continues to trash gays.

I agree.

She probably names each of her wigs, and then uses those names as aliases to bash gay people.

by Anonymousreply 493August 3, 2020 5:13 PM

All the racism and hypocrisy from a bunch of gay men who are already marginalized is quite sad. And to the white gay men in here who are butthurt that Joy said some things eons ago, and yet the fact that she has proven herself an ally is not good enough, fuck you. Try being gay AND black. At least you have your whiteness to automatically boot you up into a societally privileged echelon that gay men of color will never be afforded.

by Anonymousreply 494August 3, 2020 5:31 PM

So that's some interesting interconnections on the logic, R494. Let me see if I get it, we're bad for remembering somebody kicked us, but it was a long time ago and because you're gay and black you get to tell us how to feel because we're white and gay and we've got it easier than you so.... yeah.

by Anonymousreply 495August 3, 2020 5:40 PM

BTW how has Joy Reid proven herself an ally? Examples please.

by Anonymousreply 496August 3, 2020 5:42 PM

[quote]we're white and gay and we've got it easier than you so

In a nutshell. So, until you come to terms with that, kindly shut the fuck up about a woman who does not affect your everyday life.

by Anonymousreply 497August 3, 2020 6:09 PM

R497, you're a joke.

by Anonymousreply 498August 3, 2020 6:23 PM

JOY IS a self serving hypocrite who wants to cancel anyone who says anything negative about blacks but she should get a promotion after her hateful speech about gay men. Anyone who defends this woman deserves to be marginalized just as she would do to gay men. MSNBC is a disgusting outlet for giving Joy a platform ironically Chris Matthew's old slot ...... we all know how he got cancelled for insensitive actions toward females. Maybe Joy pushed him under the bus, wouldn't surprise me at all. Joy will eventually self sabotage and show her true self once again, let's hope it isn't gay people she cruelly insults this next time.

by Anonymousreply 499August 3, 2020 7:17 PM

Jonathan Lemire just congratulated Nicolle Wallace on her show expanding 4-6 pm. What happened to Chuck Toad's 5pm MTPD?

by Anonymousreply 500August 3, 2020 8:08 PM

MTPD is moving up 4 hours and will air after the Andrea Mitchell hour.

by Anonymousreply 501August 3, 2020 8:11 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502August 4, 2020 4:31 PM

LoL @ Daily Mail

by Anonymousreply 503August 4, 2020 8:33 PM

Joy is a mean homophobe. Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 504August 5, 2020 12:21 PM

491: so I'm a troll because I challenge you? Ok. But it's ok to make fun of black women on Lipstick Ally? Ok.......

by Anonymousreply 505August 5, 2020 1:45 PM

Watched her last night. Watch her every night. Love her CRAZIEST DAMN THING IN THE WORLD segment. Go Joy!

by Anonymousreply 506August 5, 2020 3:41 PM

Karma will knock on Joy's door one day and slap her in the face real hard and tell her that she is a homophobe and nobody believes she changed. Karma will check the joy right out of her.

by Anonymousreply 507August 5, 2020 4:33 PM

Yes, and then the glass slipper will fit her foot!

by Anonymousreply 508August 5, 2020 4:34 PM

Joy has big bunions so I doubt the glass slipper will fit those pig's feet.

by Anonymousreply 509August 5, 2020 9:05 PM

R509: so that's ok to say?

by Anonymousreply 510August 8, 2020 2:31 PM

Actually I meant the glass slipper was destined for St. Kamala's foot as she marches toward the inevitable (defeat.)

by Anonymousreply 511August 8, 2020 3:28 PM

Joy is a disgusting homophobe, so she is ok to call a pig with pig's feet. It isn't quite as bad as how she referred to gay men. I don't feel too bad for Joy and will wait for Karma (in this case MSNBC) to cancel her once people realize she is a self serving woman devoid of any empathy for others, especially gay men.

by Anonymousreply 512August 9, 2020 12:19 AM

[quote] And to the white gay men in here who are butthurt that Joy said some things eons ago

And to the black gay men in here who are butthurt that white men said some things eons ago. There fixed it for ya.

by Anonymousreply 513August 12, 2020 6:55 AM

^No, white men say hideous things on this site on a daily basis. So, you fixed nothing.

by Anonymousreply 514August 12, 2020 11:04 AM

I loved Joy's obvious glee and enthusiasm over Kamala last night on her show.

by Anonymousreply 515August 12, 2020 11:05 AM

Naturally, R515.

She was one of the loudest voices DEMANDING that Kampala be picked as the VP nom... or ELSE.

The "or else" means that she'd attack you the way she attacks gay people.

by Anonymousreply 516August 12, 2020 9:41 PM

Irronicly you cant even put Kamala and Joy in the same intellectual boat. Kamala is like a strong stead ship headed to her planned destination. Joy is like that shitty pirate boat trying to board and take over.

by Anonymousreply 517August 13, 2020 8:32 AM

[quote] Irronicly you cant even put Kamala and Joy in the same intellectual boat.

Not only that, but Kamala has better wigs.

by Anonymousreply 518August 13, 2020 3:15 PM

Isn't Joy a homophobe? How are people giving her a pass for her hateful and heartless comments about gay men, particularly when she has a gay brother, my GOD.

by Anonymousreply 519August 13, 2020 10:24 PM

I'll bet Joy has a problem with Kamala's officiating of gay marriages.

by Anonymousreply 520August 13, 2020 10:41 PM

I see you bitter queens are still here, sadly prattling on about Mrs. Reid on an obscure internet forum while she's still being the history making journalist that she is.

by Anonymousreply 521August 14, 2020 12:55 AM

I am not at all convinced that Joy Reid did not make these homophobic slurs against gay men since she did eventually apologize albeit with no remorse after first claiming that the webpage was hacked. Somehow she never gave a true apology and does owe one to the gay views she so needs to remain on tv.

by Anonymousreply 522August 14, 2020 1:20 AM

[quote]the history making journalist that she is.

Historically bad move for MSNBC to choose BLM homophobes over GAY LIVE MATTER you mean. She's far from the first back journalist to have her own show on TV. What's historic about it other than her time slot? There have been black anchors on TV news since the 70's.

I change the channel only when she is on, eventually I think others will fallow. BOOO on MSNBC for not standing up against known homopbobes. I guess you cant talk shit about woman unless you want to lose your job, but talk shit about gays and they give you a prime spot.

by Anonymousreply 523August 14, 2020 11:32 AM

Are Joy's feet swollen in this photo, or does she just have REALLY big feet?

And if she has really big feet, then why buy such small shoes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524August 14, 2020 10:04 PM

That's somebody needs a cardiologist. Or to break her addiction to PayLess.

by Anonymousreply 525August 14, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote] That's somebody needs a cardiologist

That's exactly what I was thinking, R525.

Her feet look really swollen and unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 526August 14, 2020 10:09 PM

You all are really piling it on

by Anonymousreply 527August 15, 2020 1:33 AM

Joy is really piling it on to those poor shoes in R524.

by Anonymousreply 528August 15, 2020 1:35 AM

Joy Reid is totally ruining the convention coverage for me.

She's talking over everyone, and she's just being really fucking annoying.

HATE her.

by Anonymousreply 529August 19, 2020 3:14 AM

I'm loving joy tonight, Rachel and Nicholle too. The coverage has been fun to watch, great job.

by Anonymousreply 530August 19, 2020 3:38 AM

I love it too. Let the bitter queens remain bitter. Such a sad lot in life.

by Anonymousreply 531August 19, 2020 4:34 PM

Joy Reid can burn in HELL where she belongs.

by Anonymousreply 532August 19, 2020 6:29 PM

Hate the fucking wig. she should just go back to the braids.

Sadly, her ratings are pretty good. At least as of 2 weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 19, 2020 6:37 PM

My friend has a standard poodle I could collect the hair clippings and make a wiglet

by Anonymousreply 534August 19, 2020 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!