Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you like Jessie Ware?

I'm really digging this song and video...makes me happy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 12:17 PM

I like "Say You Love Me" and a few other songs of hers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2020 4:28 PM

Wildest Moments and Champagne Kisses (despite the cheesy title) are fantastic songs.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2020 6:40 PM

I like the first single "Spotlight." Jessie has got quite a voice but she is not using it on her new CD "What"s Your Pkleasure?" She is just doing the kind of disco/dance pop Kylie Minogue did in the good ole days. So she's just kind of whispering even though she can really belt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 16, 2020 1:15 AM

Her voice isn't terribly distinctive. She has a much nicer tone than Kylie, though. I think the production on her new album is tasteful but not terribly exciting. It's all very... efficient.

by Anonymousreply 4July 16, 2020 1:28 AM

Spotlight is definitely the most immediate of her new material. I like it a lot. I'd love for her to work with Sugababes (MKS).

by Anonymousreply 5July 16, 2020 1:31 AM

Title track.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6August 4, 2020 12:18 AM

He's the greatest dancer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7August 4, 2020 12:56 AM

I’ll just stay with my Tupperware, dear.

by Anonymousreply 8August 4, 2020 12:58 AM

Her husband is a PT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9August 4, 2020 1:01 AM

I'm late to the party JUST discovering this album. It's really fantastic. Sophisticated, sensual grown-up disco.

by Anonymousreply 10October 18, 2020 6:24 AM

I like her podcast, Table Manners.

by Anonymousreply 11October 18, 2020 6:28 AM

The definition of basic.

by Anonymousreply 12October 18, 2020 6:30 AM

I love the vibe of her latest album. It's not necessary to scream at the top of your voice or have 200 backup dancers and ridiculous costumes to make a good song.

by Anonymousreply 13October 18, 2020 6:46 AM

Too many Jesses and Jeffs in the Brit music scene and I'm easily confused.

by Anonymousreply 14October 18, 2020 9:45 AM

[quote]I love the vibe of her latest album. It's not necessary to scream at the top of your voice or have 200 backup dancers and ridiculous costumes to make a good song.

Agree. It took me a while to get with it but I've come to appreciate her voice, which has a certain elegant restraint to it, making the times when she lets loose more enjoyable than if she belted all the time. There's something to be said for that kind of lower-key delivery. Sort of like Jody Watley. Her new album is terrific. Not trying to be deep, just well-produced soulful dance-pop sung well.

by Anonymousreply 15October 18, 2020 12:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!