Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you wish to have been born straight?

Life is easier when you are straight. I would love have to been born as a straight woman, because I don’t wanna quit in liking men, does that make me trans?

I don’t feel like a woman and I don’t want to do the transition or anything but sometimes I don’t feel happy being a gay man, does this happen to any of you?

How much more easy life would be if we were straight and never face the feeling that something is wrong with you.

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2020 8:29 PM

No. I am a gay man. I would be someone completely different if I were straight. I'm happy with who I am and I'm grateful for my life experience, even the hard times associated with being gay. I would never change that.

Plus, I've enjoyed a lot of butt sex!

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2020 10:07 AM

Um, OP, didn't you forget something?

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2020 10:08 AM

I agree, OP. Life is easier if you’re part of the majority instead of minority. Human societies are designed for straight people who can reproduce naturally.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2020 10:09 AM

R2 not actually. It was an only gay men question, start your own thread with lesbians, could be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2020 10:11 AM

gurl, NO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2020 10:16 AM

I wanna be a Karen with all the privileges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2020 10:16 AM

I've never been sorry I was gay. It's part of who I am, and I've never been ashamed of it. If someone else can't handle the fact that I'm gay, tough on them.

by Anonymousreply 7July 5, 2020 10:18 AM

"I've never been ashamed of it."

I do not believe you, r7.

by Anonymousreply 8July 5, 2020 10:22 AM

R8 me neither

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2020 10:33 AM

I wish i cud be a st8 girl whore.. St8 girls have disproportionate chances of getting hot guys than gay men and i envy that I was in london underground tube on a friday night when a bitch approached a cute guy next to me by touching his feet with hers. The guy who sat next to me accepted her offer and both got off in next station. I was so pissed off. I just showed her a thumbs up for her victory..i wish i get hot men in a second like that

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2020 10:38 AM

I'd be a stunning straight woman and therefore get everything i want, marry well, never work a day in my life and treat people like shit and get away with it

by Anonymousreply 11July 5, 2020 10:43 AM

Fuck, no.

by Anonymousreply 12July 5, 2020 10:55 AM

I used to think life would be easier if I were born straight, but now I'm more comfortable with myself and I have seen so many dysfunctional, horrifying straight relationships that ended badly, including my own parents' marriage, that I am sort of glad that I had an excuse to avoid that kind of life. I think it's better to be on your own than to be trapped in a dysfunctional relationship and in the current Western world, it might actually be better to be gay, what with #MeToo, the toxicities of the straight dating world especially in the age of dating apps and social media, and the vicious male-female dynamics where straight women complain about how horrible straight men are and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 13July 5, 2020 11:00 AM

R8 R9 Why should I have been ashamed of being gay? I've always been a nonconformist from the time I was a child. This seemed like just another facet of my non-conformity. Walking to the beat of a different drummer has been my lot in life in very many ways. I got more flak from being accelerated through the school system than I ever got from being homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 14July 5, 2020 11:21 AM

This whole thread sounds like Davidump got into the peppermint schnapps again.

by Anonymousreply 15July 5, 2020 11:26 AM

My life definitely would be much easier if I was straight. Less headache and heartache.

by Anonymousreply 16July 5, 2020 11:29 AM

r11 = mother issues

by Anonymousreply 17July 5, 2020 11:33 AM

As a gay man who’s in multiple minority groups I can say it sucks old man balls! I’d rather be black and straight or white and gay.

by Anonymousreply 18July 5, 2020 11:37 AM

Odd that nobody ever seems to choose the "bisexual" option when answering these types of questions. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 19July 5, 2020 11:45 AM

I think a lot of these queens who think they'd be beautiful trashy whores - don't understand how women work. The really beautiful desirable women of the world tend to be beautiful inside and would not screw anything that moves because loves comes first to them. Women can harden very easily and lose their looks because of it. They can sour like milk.

by Anonymousreply 20July 5, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote]dd that nobody ever seems to choose the "bisexual" option when answering these types of questions. Why is that?

Gays tend to think there is not such a thing. If a man for one second had a single gay thought or desire, he's GAY in their minds.

Those gurls is funny.

by Anonymousreply 21July 5, 2020 11:52 AM

I would love to be a woman, because it would increase my chances of getting gangbanged by a group of American frat bros, wrestlers, football or rugby players! And I think women have better orgasms. I would just drive around America, from frat house to frat house and get gangbanged!

If not, I would have loved to be a hot gay guy, but that must be depressing, because other gay men want you just because of your hotness.

by Anonymousreply 22July 5, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote] I would just drive around America, from frat house to frat house and get gangbanged!

LOL.

R22 >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 5, 2020 12:32 PM

No. For all the challenges that have come along with it, my experiences of being physically and emotionally bonded with other men have been some of the most thrilling of my life.

Plus, if you’re around the same size as your fella, you can double your wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 24July 5, 2020 12:32 PM

I am not answering the poll because choosing was never an option, life would have maybe been easier being born straight but that is on society not on me, however being gay seems to feel right for me. I don't hate being gay I hate the way too many in society treat gays.

If I had an impossible wish it would be that all people are allow to follow their sexual path as long as it is with consenting adults and not violent. That is what we should all wish because that is actually possible, not some impossible self hating wish.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2020 12:33 PM

[quote]Plus, if you’re around the same size as your fella, you can double your wardrobe.

R24 with BF >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2020 12:36 PM

I used to wonder why I was a homosexual but I never wanted to be a heterosexual (pardon me, I hate the term "straight". It implies normal, unbent, unbroken and also implies that the rest of us are something less than normal). I'll echo the person above and say that I was never ashamed of it. I never came out of the closet because I was never in it to begin with. Besides all this, if I was heterosexual, I'd probably get stuck with one of those flabby wives with pasty skin and have a passel of brats with screaming voices and food stains on their shirts (Maggie the Cat's little no-necked monsters). I love dick, my own and others, and don't want it any other way. Being homo is the best thing that ever could have happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote] I would love to be a woman, because it would increase my chances of getting gangbanged by a group of American frat bros, wrestlers, football or rugby players! I would just drive around America, from frat house to frat house and get gangbanged!

And here we once again see why this tiresome inane question always hits a brick wall. If you were really a straight woman you would not want this to happen in reality, because the female desire nature does not work this way.

To a woman, this scenario describes either a fantasy (one only desired in the imagination, say in an erotic story), a day at the office (if you’re a prostitute or a sex slave), or a nightmare traumatic rape that happened one night while drunk at a mixer.

Most normal women would never want to be fucked by fifteen guys at once, and certainly wouldn’t troll highways in search of such an experience. There are nymphos and BPD cases with high sex drives, yes, but they constitute a tiny percentage. Every other woman who takes multiple dicks in every hole is doing so because she must, either for money or for survival.

by Anonymousreply 28July 5, 2020 12:43 PM

Being gay informs my personality. If I were born straight, it wouldn't change anything but the object of my desire, and rob me of my individuality in the process.

I would still have some problems I struggle with.

I may even be worse off. I would prefer not to take that gamble and not second-guess God on the decision she made.

by Anonymousreply 29July 5, 2020 12:48 PM

While on the topic, I hate the word "gay". I know it is a sweetened and socially acceptable euphemism but I don't need to paint a nice veneer on me or soften the blow. I ain't gay, I'm a homo and I see nothing derogatory in that term. It is just a short form of homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 30July 5, 2020 12:48 PM

I don't "wish" but I do sometimes imagine it because I've been in therapy for anxiety and I do wonder if I was straight if I would have the same anxiety difficulties. The minority stress that comes with it is not fun. As a teenager I envied females but as I get older I think they get screwed over by men a lot. Most straight men I know are boring and live in straitjackets so I don't really want to be in their place either. So overall I am quite happy being gay but it would be nice if it was normalized and accepted a bit more by society.

by Anonymousreply 31July 5, 2020 12:49 PM

Sometimes I think it would be easier to be a straight woman. I'd have more choices when it comes to screwing and/or dating men. I'd have the option of biological children with my husband. Compared to gay men, my relationships and friendships would have the general approval of society. Society gives them more freedom to express their individuality with clothes, hair, etc. Vanity in women is expected. In men, it's mocked.

Then I remind myself what women go through. I have some female friends and plenty of female relatives. I'm aware of the shit they get. Many are objectified by creeps during puberty, sexually harassed by unwanted men throughout life, and physically abused by their male partners. They live with the fear of being overpowered and raped. Gay men usually don't share this level of fear because they are not members of the "weaker" sex.

Women are often paid less than men for the same work. They have to deal with an uncomfortable monthly cycle. Their value is traditionally tied to their appearance. They are ignored when they're no longer young and hot. Come on, you know they get this more than eldergays, since society thinks men can age like fine wine.

Gay men have to deal with a lot, but I also feel fortunate that I don't have to deal with problems unique to women. Plus, when it comes to conflict with the bigots of the world, it's much easier to mask your orientation than your gender (or ethnicity).

by Anonymousreply 32July 5, 2020 12:49 PM

Life is so much more interesting being gay. The sex is hotter, hands down

by Anonymousreply 33July 5, 2020 12:51 PM

Well, three frat bro dicks would be enough. I don't need to the whole house to shag me.

by Anonymousreply 34July 5, 2020 12:51 PM

plus, if you're a woman, you're probably expected to spend your prime years having crotch-fruit, which in addition to being physical torture, will probably ruin your looks

no thanks

by Anonymousreply 35July 5, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote]"I've never been ashamed of it."

Being gay is looked down upon (though not explicitly) in almost every society on earth. I spent a large part of my life in supposedly progressive France and most gay kids are closeted. Those who are out inevitably get bullied at school or worse: disowned by parents. I lived in the Perpignan, a rugby strong-hold in South Western France where macho attitudes abound.

The closet is alive and well also in progressive Sweden of all places. And don't get me started about countries like Japan where shame is a big part living.

So yes, you're lying if you say you've never been ashamed of being gay in the Judeo-Christian stronghold that is America.

by Anonymousreply 36July 5, 2020 1:00 PM

Just for the record, R36, I'm Canadian. There's a different vibe in this country, in many areas. I'm in a community where two leading educators, retired now, were out gay men. (Nobody gave a damn one way or the other) Our mayor is also an out gay man, partnered and married.

by Anonymousreply 37July 5, 2020 1:11 PM

^ Would a gay kid playing hockey be out to his friends? I doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 38July 5, 2020 1:21 PM

R30, I was raised in the 1980s. Homosexual sounds like a serial killer. I prefer gay.

Also, it's two less syllables and faster to type out and say. Additionally, it means "happy."

by Anonymousreply 39July 5, 2020 1:25 PM

r38 I don't know why that isn't possible. My classmates and teachers in my high school were well aware of my sexuality and I was on the baseball and swim teams.

by Anonymousreply 40July 5, 2020 1:27 PM

R38, I've never played hockey, so I can't address that question. I was on the track team, and nobody cared if I was a purple giraffe, as long as I could run.

by Anonymousreply 41July 5, 2020 1:37 PM

Being gay ruined my life and contributed to my years of depression. I wish I had been born straight.

by Anonymousreply 42July 5, 2020 1:39 PM

I think the question is unanswerable in the sense that it is based on a perception that was established by society through the centuries and actually, ages, that being straight and meeting certain benchmarks as a heterosexual man or woman, is the “correct” way to express sexuality and live an acceptable life.

Because there isn’t a way to properly set one’s sexuality to the “right” setting, specifically because sexuality is inherent at birth, why would a person “wish” or “desire” to feel any differently about that predetermination, when it’s all they have ever known?

Heterosexuality is essential, in the sense that it offers heterosexuals the “built in “ ability, and now, since the conception of birth control, an opportunity or choose to procreate.

The ability to easily procreate, barring sterility or barrenness, is the way that most of us born before the advent of medically assisted fertilization, got here.

The above being said, that built in feature provided by heterosexuality, which is procreation, is not, nor was it ever, contingent on being straight. It is a biological function, that all non-sterile males and fertile women, can and have, chosen to exercise either intentionally or accidentally, despite sexual orientation. And now, two gay men can engage in family planning, as can two lesbian women, without engaging in sex with an opposite sex partner.

So what’s the incentive for bemoaning or regretting how one was born? There isn’t one, hence, I do not see how this question is still legitimately or philosophically valid?

No, I do not regret being born a biologically heterosexual frau, who intentionally chose to not have biological children, because I didn’t feel that it was necessary to do, in order to feel whole or be happy. I specifically chose nor to do so, because I intellectually knew that I could not completely, & independently provide the child with the best environment he/she could be in; meaning:being the child of a single woman making over 150K a year. I could not legitimately not justifiably do that on my own because it was unaffordable. Fortunately, birth control was not, and unplanned pregnancies were not a part of my experience.

The best parents that I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing, are gay men and lesbians. With some exceptions, they define the best concept of what family planning truly means, because they chose to bring children into their lives under the best and most positive, opportune conditions for their children, whether via adoption or via in vitro.

Heterosexuals? Marry, have kids, divorce, rinse, repeat x 3.

Straights just don’t have a handle on family or parenting yet, in the way the LGBT community does. And mind you, straights have been popping out crotch fruit indiscriminately, since the beginning of time.

Shame.

by Anonymousreply 43July 5, 2020 2:09 PM

Is there a bigger waste of time and energy than wishing for something that will never be or happen?

by Anonymousreply 44July 5, 2020 2:35 PM

Society's treatment of me as an openly gay man has made me wish I was straight. That being said, when I have, for the for the first time in my life lived with a woman as a roommate here in Romania and have seen her be super cool and caring to me during lockdown, I wish I would have been attracted to women so I could marry a girl like this one (if I wasn't an eldergay and her young and vibrant). But I am totally gay so what is the point of daydreaming about "could have"?

by Anonymousreply 45July 5, 2020 2:51 PM

I hate boring breeders and their brats and their dreary, copycat lives. If I was a straight woman I'd be celibate to avoid being a maid, nanny and cocksucker. I'd get a career and my own life.

by Anonymousreply 46July 5, 2020 3:05 PM

r42 I'm sorry you feel life your was ruined but I have to wonder if being gay was the cause of that ruin or was it your unwillingness to accept what is and to embrace it fully. I realized I was a homosexual at about the age of 12. By the age of 15, I had a boyfriend in my high school and we were quite obvious about it. The only problem we ever had was being told that we could not attend prom as a couple but we could sit together if we each brought a female date. It was like the school was unable to give us approval but did it anyway in a circuitous fashion. There was one kid on the baseball team who felt uncomfortable with me being naked in the locker room and his mother complained to the school but Coach stood up for me. He told her the problem was with her and her son and that he was free to quit the team.

by Anonymousreply 47July 5, 2020 3:14 PM

NO, the only thing I wish I was born with was a high metabolism

by Anonymousreply 48July 5, 2020 3:17 PM

“Women can harden very easily and lose their looks because of it. They can sour like milk.”

Thank you for visiting us and providing us with valuable insight from 1950!

I can’t believe how foolish the posters on here are thinking that as a straight woman being “hot” and getting lots of cock is all there is to it. Women are the niggars of the world as Billie Holiday once said and it still is true. The smarter among you will agree with her.

by Anonymousreply 49July 5, 2020 3:21 PM

Straight man. So I won’t be in danger of violating my devout Religious beliefs and the Bible. Also, to have biological children with my spouse.

by Anonymousreply 50July 5, 2020 3:25 PM

50/50 bisexuals are the best

by Anonymousreply 51July 5, 2020 3:28 PM

How nice of you to join us liberals here, r50, while using your oppressive and homophobic religion to set yourself apart as nothing out of the ordinary: a follower who is justified in judging others, because the Bible gives you a great excuse to interpret it as you wish, and what you wish, is to be judge mental and angry.

Welcome.

by Anonymousreply 52July 5, 2020 9:55 PM

R49, spot on.

by Anonymousreply 53July 5, 2020 9:57 PM

Do you ever wish you were born better-looking? Smarter? More athletic? It's the same thing, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Do you ever wish you were born better-looking? Smarter? More athletic? It's the same thing, isn't it?

no hun, it's not.

by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2020 10:19 AM

R49 When did Billie Holiday ever said that?

by Anonymousreply 56July 20, 2020 5:45 PM

Of course not. I love being gay. Women are a complete nightmare. I’ve always had a theory that same-sex marriages unions are more successful due to the fact that people of the same gender are similar psychologically. Men and women are very different in terms of gender, and this is a biological factor.

by Anonymousreply 57July 20, 2020 5:51 PM

^Also, being a woman is harder in terms of biology.

by Anonymousreply 58July 20, 2020 5:52 PM

R57 How are they more successful when percentage of lesbian divorces is the same as of straight ones? And they have the biggest percentage of violence in relationships

by Anonymousreply 59July 20, 2020 6:00 PM

R59 I was mostly talking about gay marriages though.

by Anonymousreply 60July 20, 2020 6:03 PM

R60 But how many gay men gets married? It's really rare. Plus, fay marriages are relatively new thing, so who knows how successful they will be in 20-50-100 years from now

by Anonymousreply 61July 20, 2020 6:07 PM

All of my straight friends, bar one couple, are divorced and quite a few quite bitterly. Most of them are men who spend all their days paying alimony and trying to meet someone who doesn’t come with all the baggage they carry themselves. The women either got left with the kids or fought for custody, won and now spend all their nights at home resenting their lack of social life.

You couldn’t pay me enough to live those live.

And R50, why are you on a gay board ? Shouldn’t you be at bible studies or making lemonade or something ?

by Anonymousreply 62July 20, 2020 6:11 PM

Apologies...’ live this lives ‘.

by Anonymousreply 63July 20, 2020 6:12 PM

I have to say I would like a pussy. I would have been such a slut in high school.

by Anonymousreply 64July 20, 2020 6:27 PM

Oh cool, a thread about the grass being greener on the other side of the fence.

OP, every existence comes with its own problems, the me too movement should show you that being a woman isn't that easy either. Having kids in a straight relationship can be a crapshoot, they might be wonderful kids or they might kill you in your sleep.

I am not sure what makes any of you think you would be attractive woman, and you certainly aren't getting all that hot cock your are imagining if you are a fat and ugly woman. Plus a lot of straight guys will screw you but they aren't going to marry a whore who sleeps with everyone.

by Anonymousreply 65July 20, 2020 6:43 PM

I am what you might call "a middle-aged gay." I prefer not to use the term "elder gay." However, after living all these years, I would not want to be born straight. I am content as a gay man. Yes, when I was younger, things were difficult, e.g., coming out, dealing with some people, keeping it hidden from some people, but despite all that, I still never wanted to be straight. And now, looking back on my life, no, I still don't want to be straight.

I wish I had been more successful at romantic relationships, and I do think about what it would be like to have a kid, but those things have passed me by, and yet I am still happy to be gay. Being straight can be just as complicated and challenging. Maybe there are some rewards, but being straight never appealed to me. I've been fairly successful at work--not overly successful--I am not wealthy. But I am not starving. Being straight wouldn't have changed my economic standing. Being more aggressive, switching jobs more often and trying to climb up the corporate ladder more than I did might have changed my life. But being straight wouldn't have made a difference given my profession, the competition along the way and the companies for which I worked. Being gay has been mostly satisfying, and now of course, I would never want to change.

by Anonymousreply 66July 20, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote] am not sure what makes any of you think you would be attractive woman, and you certainly aren't getting all that hot cock your are imagining if you are a fat and ugly woman.

If I am fantasizing about being born a woman, you can be damn sure I’m fantasizing about being a hot woman

[quote] Plus a lot of straight guys will screw you but they aren't going to marry a whore who sleeps with everyone.

Who said anything about getting married in high school?

by Anonymousreply 67July 20, 2020 7:03 PM

No, I’m happy with who and what I am.. I have no problem being gay, and my world is not defined by others... I’m very successful... happily married... my parents loved me deeply... my friends are true... none of that would change if I was straight, except I might have children. There are too many people as is.

by Anonymousreply 68July 20, 2020 7:05 PM

I was about to use the grass is green reference. More than one of my “straight” friends has said in some way how much easier their life would be if they were gay. The burden of supporting a family, going to church for the children, frequent and often messy divorces. I can see their point. If that was the trade off? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 69July 20, 2020 7:41 PM

I do wonder what it would be like to be a straight man. Would it be a big emotional boost knowing that I was the type of person determined to be "best" by society in all its wisdom? (/s) How many straight guys enjoy their marriages; how many are miserable? I'm pretty sure a straight dick is like a gay dick, an untamed animal. If women were up for sex like men are, surely many straight guys would have dozens of sex partners, visit the heterosexual bathhouses, etc. Having the wife, kids, picket fence -- does getting the big thumbs up from society temper sexual frustration?

by Anonymousreply 70July 20, 2020 8:29 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!