Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Foster Says He Will 'Never Disclose' Reason Why He and Yolanda Hadid Divorced

David Foster is keeping tight-lipped about what led to his divorce from Yolanda Hadid.

In the new Netflix documentary David Foster: Off the Record, which premiered on Wednesday, the Grammy winner, 70, opens up about both his professional and personal life, including his 2015 split from Hadid, his fourth wife.

At the time, Hadid was battling a Lyme disease diagnosis, however, Foster said her health was not the cause of their ending marriage.

"How can I leave a sick woman?" said Foster in the documentary. "The fact of the matter is that was not the reason I left. It was for a different reason — which I will never disclose — that had nothing to do with her being sick."

Foster, who recently celebrated his one-year wedding anniversary with Katharine McPhee, also mentioned his disdain for appearing on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills beginning in 2012.

"My wife at the time wanted to do the show," he said. "I didn't want to be the guy to say no."

Announcing their divorce in December 2015, Foster and Hadid told PEOPLE in a joint statement that they'd decided to "go our separate ways." The pair tied the knot in November 2011.

"We've shared nine beautiful and joyous years together. During that time we experienced love, friendship and the inevitable challenges that come with managing a marriage, careers, blended families and health issues," read the statement at the time.

"We are grateful for the years we've spent together and believe wholeheartedly that we did our best," the couple's statement continued. "I hope that we can pave the road ahead of us with all we've learned and with the love and respect we will always have for one another."

Hadid, 56, is now dating boyfriend Joseph Jingoli, whom she said she said she is "very much in love with" when speaking with Bravo's The Daily Dish in May.

In a 2016 episode of RHOBH, Hadid explained that "divorce is almost like a death," adding that "if you stop making each other happy, then you shouldn’t be together." She said at the time: “It’s shocking. David was my life partner. My best friend. And I miss my best friend.”

Detailing his new documentary, Foster recently told PEOPLE that the film gives a never-before-seen look at his life.

"I never have been one to expose the vulnerable side of me, and I don't really ever talk about what makes me tick or the ups and downs of my life — the good, the bad and the ugly," Foster said. "But to [director Barry Avrich's] credit, he kept pushing."

"Although parts of it are tough for me to watch, I knew trying to censor him would be wrong on every level," he added. "So, I put my trust and faith in him, uncomfortable at times, but I have no regrets."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2020 8:37 AM

Contract ran out?

by Anonymousreply 1July 2, 2020 2:32 AM

He doesn’t have to verbally disclose anything. His face @OP pings to the utmost limit of gay face.

by Anonymousreply 2July 2, 2020 2:36 AM

...but he's certainly enough of an attention whore to make it sound as salacious as possible so that people keep asking!

by Anonymousreply 3July 2, 2020 2:38 AM

Does anyone on earth actually care about David Foster?

by Anonymousreply 4July 2, 2020 2:40 AM

He's gay and closeted, my loves!

by Anonymousreply 5July 2, 2020 2:42 AM

[quote] Does anyone on earth actually care about David Foster?

I'm sure that Kather$ne McP$ee cares about $avid Fo$ter.

by Anonymousreply 6July 2, 2020 2:44 AM

Obviously, Yolanda was trying to renegotiate her prenup and things went sour.

by Anonymousreply 7July 2, 2020 2:48 AM

Finally! Something important in the news!

by Anonymousreply 8July 2, 2020 2:49 AM

He was on a reality show with Linda Jenner before he even married Yolanda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 2, 2020 2:51 AM

I was just going to say that R7. A lot of prenups have a 5 year clause (or 10 if the woman has a bad lawyer), and after that 5 years, the amount a wife can collect increases by quite a bit. trump got rid of marla that way. He said he didn't see himself married to her forever so he got out before he hit the 5 yr mark. He saved himself a lot of money that way

yolanda must have been exhausting to live with, but not as much as primadonna david foster. She earned every single penny she took away from that marriage

by Anonymousreply 10July 2, 2020 2:56 AM

Is was Yolanda’s lemon tree obsession.

Seriously, how many lemons can a guy suck on?

by Anonymousreply 11July 2, 2020 3:01 AM

Are these people truly famous or are they just “Reality famous“?

There is a huge difference.

by Anonymousreply 12July 2, 2020 3:02 AM

When you've thrown as many lemon parties as David Foster, you plant the trees yourself!

by Anonymousreply 13July 2, 2020 3:04 AM

You take the Pacific Coast Highway south, then make a left when you hit Ben Vereen.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2020 3:31 AM

David Foster seems to have a crush on Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2020 3:34 AM

Isn’t Kath young enough to be his granddaughter??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2020 3:40 AM

Is anyone else tired of them trying to make David Foster some legend? Ok - he composed many hits for other artists. A lot of them were flops too.

But he didn't write them and only produced a few of them.

Fine. But the need for idolatry is nauseating. You know he always wanted to be a star and he's trying to grasp at this.

Nobody's buying it. Let it go old man.

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2020 3:47 AM

So what did he do to deserve a Grammy. His musicography seems like drek.

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2020 3:54 AM

She farted for five minutes every morning

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2020 3:57 AM

R17 Yes, I've never understood it. The music he's written/produced is schlocky as hell. I guess it's successful, but it's not like anything he's produced has been particularly innovative or interesting. He's not Phil Spector... he's not even Mutt Lange!!!

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2020 4:18 AM

He is confusingly not gay.

by Anonymousreply 21July 2, 2020 4:29 AM

Wasn't MacPhee the one who had her nasty twat surgery pics leaked all over the internet? Or was that someone else ?

by Anonymousreply 22July 2, 2020 4:32 AM

Jonny McGovern had a kid on his podcast who confirmed David tried to put the moves on him while they were seated together at David's piano bench. He also implied Yolanda knew but turned a blind eye because of the lifestyle it earned her. Once she got sick and could no longer beard for him at events he decided to cut his losses.

by Anonymousreply 23July 2, 2020 4:36 AM

R22 it was Katherine.

by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2020 4:38 AM

What surgery would never-mother McPhee need there?

by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2020 4:43 AM

I just looked it up. He’s worked with everyone. Everyone. He’s crazy rich. (Ex: He did things with mccartney , arranged stuff on Thriller & produced the early , popular michael buble (sp?) albums) Now i want to see the doc. I know it’s fluff music & probably an ego fest but does the doc get into his opinions of the artists he’s worked with ? Is everyone great or does he spill some dirt?

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2020 4:52 AM

[quote] Ok - he composed many hits for other artists. A lot of them were flops too.

[quote] But he didn't write them and only produced a few of them.

You just contradicted yourself.

He co-wrote a lot of famous songs:

I have Nothing (Whitney)

Through the Fire (Chaka)

After the Love is Gone (EW&F)

To Be Real (Cheryl Lynn)

just to name a few

all are classics

by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2020 4:52 AM

He's the male Diane Warren

by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2020 4:56 AM

R25 I'm not sure but I read it allegedly was some sort of pussy beautification surgery or something. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2020 5:04 AM

Is he implying that she cheated on him or stole from him? What a weird thing to say. Only guilty people like Tom Cruise say shit like that

by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2020 5:13 AM

R25 I've never actually looked at her pictures (and i'm keeping it that way).

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2020 5:26 AM

R25, I’m feeling like this deserves its own thread, no? I have so many questions.

by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2020 5:42 AM

As an introvert, I’m fascinated by these people who just can’t stand to be alone, hopping from marriage to marriage.

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2020 5:54 AM

^ I don't think it's about introversion or extroversion, but rather emotional (co)dependancy and fear of being "alone" in a deeper sense than the introvert/extrovert binary!!

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2020 6:01 AM

McPhee had labia reduction surgery. Droopy labia have nothing to do with childbirth. Even virgins can have them.

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2020 6:13 AM

[quote] I don't think it's about introversion or extroversion, but rather emotional (co)dependancy and fear of being "alone" in a deeper sense than the introvert/extrovert binary!!

In David's case, I think he just needs a beard.

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2020 6:48 AM

Both Yolanda and David were insufferable. But Yo is a skilled golddigger. Probably will end up like Jerry Hall.

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2020 7:10 AM

He divorced her because she's nuts. She claims that not only she, but two of her kids also have Lyme disease. What are the odds??

And him? He's no prize, either.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2020 7:36 AM

Yolanda was also practicing all kinds of crazy ass treatments for her Lyme disease.

Some of them were WAAAAYYYYYYY out there. So much so that they were being mocked by the other ladies on RHOBH.

Plus, it must have been costing David a fucking fortune for her treatments.

He was smart to cut his losses. When he says that he will "never disclose" the reason why he and Yolanda divorced, I'm pretty sure it had to do with money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2020 9:36 AM

Oh, r35. I thought maybe it was the tightening operation.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2020 9:38 AM

David Foster on the difference between Whitney Houston and Celine Dion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2020 10:10 AM

This is the first time I've ever seen a picture of this Yolanda van den Herik. I thought she was supposed to be attractive? She looks hard and crude and vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2020 1:01 PM

Lol R42.

On the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills threads, some of the commenters there used to call her the "Dutch Hooker."

She was married to Mohammed Hadid, so that could be a real possibility. She was also a "model" before that, so who knows what else she did.

But you're right. She's not very attractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2020 1:06 PM

Yoyo likes to ride her cowboy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 2, 2020 1:15 PM

He has the face of an ancient lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2020 1:29 PM

It's probably as simple as the divorce settlement had a confidentiality (non disclosure) cause.

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2020 7:10 AM

David Foster ruined Chicago. Their 70s music was incredible, and still sounds amazing. Their 80s Foster stuff was utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 47August 4, 2020 6:20 AM

He only became famous as Yolo's husband in RHOBH. That's what bugged him and SHE beecame more famous than HIM along with her fridge, of course.

She was pretty unintentionally hilarious. Us RHOBH fangurls got a lot of mileage out of her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48August 4, 2020 6:35 AM

She didn't have lyme disease. She fell on her fake tits and the implants ruptured.

by Anonymousreply 49August 4, 2020 8:02 AM

She was good on the show, Yolanda. At first she was quite low key and then she shifted gear into the top league and became one of the main players. Trust me, ten, twenty years from now you'll remember Yolanda and some of her storylines.

Forty years of making music and she trumped his fame in a matter of weeks. It was a different era.

by Anonymousreply 50August 4, 2020 8:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!