Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ray Fisher Says Joss Whedon Was ‘Abusive’ to ‘Justice League’ Cast & Crew

Ray Fisher is continuing to speak out against Joss Whedon.

After the 32-year-old Justice League star, who plays Cyborg in the DC Universe, announced that he retracted his support for the director earlier in the week, Ray elaborated further on his issues with the 56-year-old director and producer on Wednesday (July 1).

"Joss Wheadon’s on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable. He was enabled, in many ways, by [producers] Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. Accountability>Entertainment," he wrote on Twitter.

If you don’t know the history, Joss stepped in to finish directing Justice League when director Zack Snyder had to step away from the project mid-way through. Zack Snyder‘s version of Justice League will actually been seen by fans soon...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2021 5:05 AM

Are we really supposed to feel sorry for these whiny pampered celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2020 5:55 PM

Black is empowered now. You cannot be questioned. They can make any claims they want.

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2020 5:58 PM

If Fisher loves that rightwing douchebag Zack Snyder then that tells me all I need to know about Ray Fisher

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2020 6:01 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2020 6:06 PM

FFS, Everything and everybody is "abusive" these days.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2020 6:08 PM

What are the details or can people just make broad, sweeping generalizations that might destroy someone's career and reputation?

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2020 6:08 PM

I confuse Whedon and JJ Abrams.

Both are bitch baby nerds.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2020 6:11 PM

Ray is cute. He also pings. I hate that he had his teeth done to get rid of his gap

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2020 6:20 PM

[quote]What are the details or can people just make broad, sweeping generalizations that might destroy someone's career and reputation

Josh's ex-wife launched the first salvo years ago. It didn't hurt his career.

Joss admitted that for the next decade and a half, he hid multiple affairs and a number of inappropriate emotional ones that he had with his actresses, co-workers, fans and friends, while he stayed married to me.

I believed, everyone believed, that he was one of the good guys, committed to fighting for women’s rights, committed to our marriage, and to the women he worked with. But I now see how he used his relationship with me as a shield, both during and after our marriage, so no one would question his relationships with other women or scrutinize his writing as anything other than feminist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2020 6:22 PM

"The director was mean to me!" Cry me a fucking river.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2020 6:27 PM

In general I think a good rule of thumb is that straight men suck, but I still don't understand how having a lousy marriage equals not being a feminist. If a gay man cheats on his husband is he automatically homophobic? Maybe he just didn't love you, lady.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2020 6:31 PM

Suck it up, buttercup!

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2020 6:33 PM

Whedon is a pig and Hollywood knows it.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2020 6:42 PM

So, he had multiple affairs. Why should that impact his careers? R9, nowhere in that article did his ex-wife safe he was abusive like Ray Fisher did so why bring it up? How does his infidelity or supposed pretend-feminism directly relate to his behavior on a movie set?

If Joss was abusive and unprofessional onset then that should be dealt with, but his infidelity has nothing to do with his onset behavior.

FWIW, I'm not some Whedon stan. I didn't watch Buffy and I didn't watch whatever superhero movie(s) he directed.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2020 6:47 PM

I agree with R14 and I wouldn't be able to pick Whedon out of a lineup even after seeing his picture, so I couldn't give a shit about him.

WTF does having affairs have to do with feminism? If a man cheats, that doesn't mean he won't hire women to work with him or trust their judgment on projects, it just means he fucked around on his wife. Women fuck around on men and women, too. Cheating on your spouse means you no longer have respect for your spouse - not every other man or woman on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2020 6:53 PM

[quote]If Joss was abusive and unprofessional onset then that should be dealt with, but his infidelity has nothing to do with his onset behavior.

Because he reportedly had affairs with the actresses and other talent he worked with which many viewed as an abuse of power.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 6:54 PM

Is that why Ezra Miller has lost his damm mind? First he choked a fan, then that crazy video of him talking nonsense, then a couple of weeks ago I saw some young filmmaker (forgot the name) in Las Vegas say online that he saw Miller high as a kite walking barefoot with no mask on going down a Vegas street. Should we chalk it up to abuse on the Justice League set?!

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 7:11 PM

Remember he also fucked over Charisma Carpenter because she dared to have a baby without his direct approval.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 7:24 PM

Numerous people have said Joss Whedon was a psycho asshole.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2020 7:26 PM

He gave us Michelle Trachtenberg.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2020 7:26 PM

I can't fucking stand when these celebrities post about "abusive" conduct and then don't say what it is. If you've got something concrete to say, say it.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 7:30 PM

Lol, Zach snyder is a right wing conspircay loving nut bag. Why aren't these conservitards veing called out? Snyder is also known to abuse his power for sleeping with actresses. Snickering must have been a buffet for him.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2020 7:36 PM

Agreed R21. Details or STFU

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2020 8:34 PM

I wouldn't be suprised. All of the Justice Leauge actors are entitled awful bitches but Joss Whedon is a man child with a huge ego. That set does not sound fun at all.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2020 8:40 PM

The black actress who called out Lea Michelle was careful to point out that her abuse had a racial dimension which is why she unveiled it at this time. Fisher by spilling this tea at this time is clearly hoping to make that association as well, but he better be able to show some receipts.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2020 8:45 PM

R25 Yes she did that but there's absolutely no proof she was right because as all the comments showed Michele was a bitch to everybody without discriminating any race.

She could pull that because people was eager to trash Lea, but that won't work with everybody

by Anonymousreply 26July 1, 2020 8:53 PM

It's show business. Whinny bitch actors drive me crazy. Oh it was so hard and he is so mean, blah, blah, blah. It's supposed to be hard that's why you make the big bucks. Keep it up and no one will cast you.

by Anonymousreply 27July 1, 2020 8:54 PM

Samantha Ware at least gave details. And she was responding to Lea Michele talking about BLM. Ray Fisher just seemed like he woke up and was like..."fuck Joss"

by Anonymousreply 28July 1, 2020 8:56 PM

R26 "People were eager to trash Lea ". I really think a lot of these social media pile ons are directed towards those who people are already inclined to dislike.

by Anonymousreply 29July 1, 2020 9:02 PM

R29 Probably, i remember people trashing Novak Djokovic for saying men should win more than women on tennis. Rafa Nadal said exactly the same and the reaction was very different.

by Anonymousreply 30July 1, 2020 9:08 PM

I just want to know which actresses he's fucked. This gossip is pointless without names.

by Anonymousreply 31July 1, 2020 9:46 PM

I hate Joss Whedon

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2020 9:52 PM

R31 allegedly he likes the twigs: Alyson Hannigan, Summer Glau, Amy Acker, the girl who played the lead in his Shakespeare movie and has never worked since.

by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2020 9:56 PM

R30, did you mean earn?

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2020 10:02 PM

Why is DL suddenly supporting Joss Whedon?

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2020 10:29 PM

If you're gonna call someone out, R35, call them out with receipts.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2020 10:59 PM

[quote]After the 32-year-old Justice League star, who plays Cyborg in the DC Universe, announced that he retracted his support for the director earlier in the week

So he issued support just earlier this week, and now he’s retracting it?? Sorry, but I can’t take people seriously when they flip-flop, especially so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2020 11:02 PM

I don’t know who this Joss guy is but he’s ugly as hell so I don’t know why anyone would fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2020 11:04 PM

Google is your friend R38.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]So he issued support just earlier this week, and now he’s retracting it?? Sorry, but I can’t take people seriously when they flip-flop, especially so quickly.

Two days ago Ray posted a clip of himself at 2017's Comic Con saying how the film was in good hands with Whedon and captioned the post that he "forcefully retracts this statement".

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2020 11:12 PM

its for the best that actors can speak out. because for every 1 actor that a director is terrible to, they probably traumatize 20 unknown crew members. And before twitter, actors had no way to speak out about this stuff in a way that was proportional.....or the actor would be called difficult while the director could keep getting nuttier and nuttier. and in many cases, these guys end up assaulting crew members, sexually assaulting actresses, etc and the studio doesnt care because if the movie makes money, they'll keep working with them. its not good for anyone, even the directors. the more their behavior is accountable, the better they will behave. and the more we can enjoy their movies because when someone is a monster, they often disappear the second their hot streak ends.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2020 11:14 PM

"I'm not a Buffy/Marvel geek at all and I don't stan Joss Whedon and didn't even hear of his name until today, BUT I completely 100% don't believe this in the slightest!!!!!"

IS THE SAME AS:

"Lifelong Liberal Democrat here who voted for Obama twice, BUT Hillary/Biden..."

TROLLS. Marvel shill trolls.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2020 11:14 PM

[quote]Why is DL suddenly supporting Joss Whedon?

Because Disney/Marvel has their shills ready with alerts with any topics in order to defend Marvel at any cost and degrade WB/DC.

by Anonymousreply 43July 1, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote]Is that why Ezra Miller has lost his damm mind?

Well it's definitely why I'm so exhausted all the time!

by Anonymousreply 44July 1, 2020 11:28 PM

Does Henry Cavill have any comment?

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2020 12:11 AM

Oh, I'm sorry r35, where are my manners? Let me grab the tar, feathers, pitchfork and torch that I keep for just these occasions. It's the new world order where anyone accuses someone of something and we, the dutiful mob, must immediately galvanize to castigate and destroy the accused. I mean, who needs little things like details, proof and due process, right?

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2020 2:46 AM

Whedon's bad reputation goes back to his Buffy days.

David Boreanaz (not exactly a saint himself) will neither work with him again nor talk about the years he worked on Angel and Buffy.

Whedon is another case of an asshole who as long as he delivered product, the studio looked the other way. It's almost always white males who get this special treatment.

Perhaps Whedon is close to the tipping point where looking the other way becomes a liability to his employers.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2020 3:58 AM

Is she was actually fucking Whedon that kind of lends credence to the rumors that it was actually Alyson Hannigan that was the evil queen bitch on the set of Buffy.

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2020 4:04 AM

Wait. Actors don't get to complain about a psycho boss. I say good for him for calling out these ego maniacs that are enabled in that business.

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2020 4:28 AM

[Quote] Does Henry Cavill have any comment?

Or SMG?? Or Gal???

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2020 4:28 AM

Asshole film directors with god complex need to be smacked down hard.

by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2020 4:29 AM

Geoff Johns is a really despised man.

First that female film exec and now this...

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2020 4:33 AM

I hate when people claim abuse, then won’t even say what exactly they did or give examples.

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2020 4:38 AM

Ray will never work again.

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2020 4:43 AM

I don't know why such an unknown would ever risk pissing off somebody like Whedon AND making himself look difficult to work with in one fell swoop. He either comes from money so he doesn't have to worry about his career or he's genuinely so stupid and egotistical (as young actors nowadays often are) that he thinks this won't affect his career at all.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2020 4:51 AM

[quote] I don’t know who this Joss guy is

The words "the 56-year-old director and producer" in the original post was not enough of a hint?

by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2020 4:57 AM

R52 what happened with Geoff??

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2020 5:04 AM

All the Twitter comments talking about Ray's bravery and how it's "so true"

He...didn't say anything.

by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2020 5:19 AM

Gal and Jason have a ton of pull seeing as how their films are successes and turn a profit. Gal used her clout to have Mnuchin removed as a producer on WW84 because she can't stand Trump.

Henry has a little pull since their was such a fan uproar over the possibility of him being replaced as Superman.

This guy, Affleck and Ezra are expendable.

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2020 5:58 AM

R18 That WAS fucked up. Cordelia was my favorite character.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2020 6:00 AM

I wonder if this will have any effect on The Nevers.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2020 6:31 AM

R60, I've heard rumors that cocaine was involved in Carpenter becoming [italic]persona non grata[/italic] on her show, and directly from a former co-star that she was an emotional basket case at the time.

[quote]Is she was actually fucking Whedon that kind of lends credence to the rumors that it was actually Alyson Hannigan that was the evil queen bitch on the set of Buffy.

I recall Whedon making a number of snarky comments about Sarah Michelle Gellar at the time, but in retrospect it really just seems like she was professional and businesslike rather than drinking the Kool-Aid about him being a genius auteur.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2020 6:34 AM

Coke while pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2020 6:42 AM

[Quote] I've heard rumors that cocaine was involved in Carpenter becoming persona non grata on her show, and directly from a former co-star that she was an emotional basket case at the time.

I wonder what it was like with Glenn Quinn on set.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2020 6:43 AM

Stories I have heard repeated many times: both SMG and Joss felt the other never gave them enough credit for the show's success. She being the face, him being the story. Easy to believe.

Until a few years ago, SMG rarely talked about Buffy. I'm glad she's come around to appreciate it, but...yeah.

Because of Glenn Quinn's drug issues and overdose, Joss (or someone else in charge) got the idea that Charisma was going overboard (I forget if it was drugs or alcohol) and staged an intervention. It didn't go well and their relationship took a major hit. IIRC, her issues with whatever substance weren't that deep and she got over it.

Supposedly, she had a miscarriage or 2 before her son and didn't tell Joss and the creative team that she was pregnant until she was halfway (or so) through the pregnancy. Understandable. They got pissed about it because they had to do a lot of rewriting.

When he asked her to come back for 100th episode, her stipulation was that she wouldn't die. He lied, she signed the contract, she was pissed when she got the script but got over it because it was a beautiful exit.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2020 7:05 AM

[Quote] Until a few years ago, SMG rarely talked about Buffy. I'm glad she's come around to appreciate it, but...yeah.

I feel like she goes ott with it on her social media.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2020 7:27 AM

According to some gossip he caused the feud between Allyson Hannigan and Amber Benson on Buffy by pitting them against each other with "she said this about you behind your back! She's such a bitch!" stunts.

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2020 7:36 AM

Shitty films, shitty people.

by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2020 9:34 AM

All this stuff is lame.

by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2020 9:58 AM

[Quote] shitty people.

Gal and Jason are shitty???

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2020 10:48 AM

I'm not saying that I don't believe what he's said, but I really hate it when people make these accusations without any specifics or details of particular situations that occurred, which could then be confirmed by others. It doesn't help with the credibility.

Joss does have a problematic history in other respects but I don't think I've seen anything about him being abusive before so I definitely would like to have more details before I have an opinion on this.

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2020 11:28 AM

I went to look at Ray Fisher's IMDb page and he really was a total unknown when he got cast as Cyborg, wasn't he? He'd been on one episode of The Astronaut Wives Club and then wham, superhero in the world's biggest franchise. Even his earlier theater credits on Wikipedia seem somewhat scant -- I thought maybe he'd been a big Broadway actor first but even that's not the case. And since the movie he's only done that terrible third season of True Detective.

by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2020 11:39 AM

Maybe he’ll elaborate soon.

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2020 1:50 PM

R72 I thought that was strange too.

by Anonymousreply 74July 2, 2020 1:52 PM

The fact that he has almost no other acting credits suggests we could have another Klinton Spilsbury situation on our hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 2, 2020 2:00 PM

IIRC Brandon Routh was also plucked for obscurity and also subsequently disappeared after doing Superman Returns... wonder what his issue was. Other than a cameo in Scott Pilgrim, he basically had no high profile work until he got cast as Michael Urie's boyfriend in a very short lived CBS series from the creators of Will & Grace. His career was subsequently rescued by Greg Berlanti.

by Anonymousreply 76July 2, 2020 2:13 PM

The guy doesn't have a career and is seeing an opportunity to latch himself on to a movement that could give him a chance at restarting his career. 3 years ago when Snyder wasn't even allowed near JL he was talking up Joss, but now all of a sudden he's working with Snyder again he shits on Joss, it's pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 77July 2, 2020 2:28 PM

If you are going to accuse someone in a position of power you need to do it way better. This is too vague and of course having some proofs or a lot of witness always help

by Anonymousreply 78July 2, 2020 7:18 PM

"Is she was actually fucking Whedon that kind of lends credence to the rumors that it was actually Alyson Hannigan that was the evil queen bitch on the set of Buffy."

Oh, SMG still holds that title and it is well deserved. She treated especially the little people aka crew members like crap. Also she seriously believed that she was destined for a big superstar career and that Buffy the tv show was beneath her. She should not have listened to her idiot husband but alas...

Now she posts on social media how proud she is of the show and the role because she knows that it gives her likes and clicks. Funny how things work out.

by Anonymousreply 79July 2, 2020 7:37 PM

His ugly mug is proof that anyone will sleep with a Hollywood Power Mover just to become rich and famous!!! I'm telling you the casting couch is a myth. Everyone is a whore in Hollywood and they're all willing to do anything to strike gold!

Even me.

by Anonymousreply 80July 2, 2020 8:00 PM

R80 there are MUCH uglier men in Hollywood

To her credit, R79 she had a decent film career for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 81July 2, 2020 8:49 PM

What R81 said. Whedon looks like Brad Pitt compared to old Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 82July 2, 2020 8:50 PM

No one gives a flying fuck about Jason Momoa or Zionist pig Gal Gadot.

by Anonymousreply 83July 2, 2020 8:50 PM

R82 It always baffled me how someone as rich as Harvey always looked like he was in the middle of a bender.

by Anonymousreply 84July 2, 2020 8:52 PM

R84, truly one of the ugliest men to ever walk the earth. I mean at least get your body into shape and maybe the face would be less repulsive. he made no effort whatsoever in improving his physical appearance and chose instead to make his personality even uglier than his looks.

by Anonymousreply 85July 2, 2020 8:55 PM

r84. They get off on the fact that they know they are fugly but still have girls begging, or "begging", them to fuck them to give their lives meaning (as in making them famous). They get off on the idea that they've gamed the system to their advantage.

by Anonymousreply 86July 2, 2020 8:57 PM

Looks like after his bitching someone volunteered to make a Cyborg movie. But who would pay money to see this guy by himself?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 3, 2020 1:49 AM

I would, I thought his performance was one of the highlights of the largely mediocre movie. I came into it resenting Cyborg being included as a founding member of the Justice League rather than the Martian Manhunter (I knew Warner Bros. was going to treat Green Lantern like toxic waste after that Ryan Reynolds movie), but Fisher won me over. Plus, a Cyborg movie means Joe Morton in a significant supporting role, which is always a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 88July 3, 2020 2:59 AM

[Quote] Also she seriously believed that she was destined for a big superstar career and that Buffy the tv show was beneath her. She should not have listened to her idiot husband but alas...

She did have a decent career in movies. Things cooled down after The Grudge. What did FPJ do??

[Quote] Now she posts on social media how proud she is of the show and the role because she knows that it gives her likes and clicks. Funny how things work out.

It is rather ironic. She seems to be doing well with Foodstirs.

by Anonymousreply 89July 3, 2020 3:50 AM

r88, I've appreciated Joe Morton since, "Brother From Another Planet".

by Anonymousreply 90July 3, 2020 4:28 PM

r89, do we have a Buffy gossip thread? Or can someone make one? Because there are a lot of stories to share.

by Anonymousreply 91July 3, 2020 5:19 PM

r91, Google, " Buffy Datalounge" and you will have a myriad of threads to choose from.

by Anonymousreply 92July 3, 2020 5:37 PM

So Kevin Smith has inserted himself into this overblown drama by stating the rumors he's heard were that Joss would trash Snyder and his version of the film during filming of the reshoots. Fisher is trash for using a social movement to reboot his career that never took off.

by Anonymousreply 93July 3, 2020 5:49 PM

Ray Fisher has a vendetta against Joss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94July 3, 2020 6:42 PM

Charisma Carpenter is over it (IIRC) and what exactly does Joss cheating on his wife have to do with you, Ray?

by Anonymousreply 95July 3, 2020 7:24 PM

Either shit or get off the pot, Ray -- I guess he's fishing for a cover story but if he's not going to say what the hell he's talking about why should we listen? Charisma should tell him to fuck off with this nonsense, grouping her in with his vague BS when she told her story already and has probably put it behind her

by Anonymousreply 96July 3, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote]I've appreciated Joe Morton since, "Brother From Another Planet".

[italic]Terminator 2: Judgement Day[/italic] is the first thing I can recall noting him in. He always gives a great performance.

by Anonymousreply 97July 3, 2020 10:20 PM

He's trying to use other people's issues with Joss because he realises he fucked up by stating something so vague in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 98July 3, 2020 10:20 PM

R91 here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99July 4, 2020 3:49 AM

Ray is a fucking idiot and will probably never work again.

by Anonymousreply 100July 4, 2020 11:11 PM

The plot thickens...

Joss wanted to shoot a "comedic" scene that sexualized Wonder Woman but Gal Gadot would not have it.

So he took her in a locked room, berated her and threatened her career.

He eventually filmed the bit where Flash falls on top of her with a double who hid her face.

by Anonymousreply 101July 8, 2020 2:17 PM

Ezra Miller, who played The Flash, claims you be a huge feminist who believes in the "believe all women" thing. Why would he agree to do that without a fight? I doubt Whedon would have done it had two of the big stars stood up to him.

by Anonymousreply 102July 8, 2020 4:29 PM

The sources for r101s information are several nobodies on twitter -- I feel as if it should not be reported as a "fact"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 8, 2020 5:28 PM

Hi Joss!

by Anonymousreply 104July 8, 2020 5:31 PM

R102, Ezra has done a lot of shit that doesn’t make any sense. He has made a big deal out of being queer but he has publicly only dated women.

by Anonymousreply 105July 8, 2020 5:41 PM

R105 That's par for the course nowadays, though. We've invented labels so straight people don't feel left out of "being special".

by Anonymousreply 106July 8, 2020 5:43 PM

R106 Isn't he is a open relationship with several people or something like that? And yes, i remember when some gay webpages made a big deal of him getting the Flash role when the fact he only dated women publicly. Of course they are the same media that praised Lucas Hedges for his brave coming out (i know he came out but i still don't know as what apart of being an hypocrite).

Anyway Ezra seems a little lost lately. It's a pity because his career started really well

by Anonymousreply 107July 8, 2020 5:50 PM

It's fine to have an open relationship. It's not fine to be a serial cheater. Also, only an idiot shits where he eats. You don't screw around with your coworkers and especially not your FANS (which, I'm assuming, is code for underage fans.)

by Anonymousreply 108July 8, 2020 5:56 PM

[quote] The sources for r101s information are several nobodies on twitter -- I feel as if it should not be reported as a "fact"

Charlie Nobodies, that's who!

by Anonymousreply 109July 8, 2020 5:58 PM

Just a heads up, the link at R99 has almost zero gossip about Whedon and behind the scenes of the show. It’s just everyone bloviating over “Hush” and how much they hate season seven.

I resent the time I spent reading through it.

by Anonymousreply 110July 8, 2020 9:44 PM

[Quote] It’s just everyone bloviating over “Hush” and how much they hate season seven.

Season 7 looks great compared to the shit that gets released nowadays. Especially for a teen show.

by Anonymousreply 111July 9, 2020 7:04 AM

I think it’s the third strongest season.

by Anonymousreply 112July 9, 2020 12:49 PM

Buffy always was an uneven show, amazing episodes followed by so so ones. Seventh season had great things and the show had a great final

by Anonymousreply 113July 9, 2020 12:57 PM

R3 Snyder sucks and his movies are terrible, but he has a reputation for being one of the nicest people in showbusiness.

by Anonymousreply 114July 9, 2020 1:04 PM

Whedon created a show over 20 years ago that is still well regarded today, a spin-off that lasted 5 seasons, a few cult tv shows, wrote and directed two of the biggest movies of all time and is now working with HBO on a new tv show.

Snyder has directed multiple uneven and bad movies, created something called vero and has a cult like following.

Fisher was in a failed movie and is now more famous for making vague allegations.

Who out of those three do you think Hollywood is going to back?

by Anonymousreply 115July 9, 2020 1:12 PM

R112 for me that would be season 5.

by Anonymousreply 116July 9, 2020 1:22 PM

Buffy's best:

Season 3

Season 2

Season 5

Season 1

Season 6

Season 4

Season 7

Angel's best...

Season 2

Season 1

Season 3

Season 4

Season 5

by Anonymousreply 117July 9, 2020 1:50 PM

Prime Buffy: 2-3 and then it would 5, 4, 1, 7, 6.

Prime Angel: 2 and 5 and then the rest 3, 1, 4.

by Anonymousreply 118July 9, 2020 2:11 PM

Season 5 of Buffy gets my vote as best. “The Body” and “The Gift” are probably the two best episodes of the show, and it’s silly SMG wasn’t Emmy-nominated that year.

The most consistent was probably 3, but it didn’t pack the same emotional gut punch as 5 or even 2, in my opinion. I also think 4 is underrated.

by Anonymousreply 119July 9, 2020 2:19 PM

Do you really have to ask R35?

by Anonymousreply 120July 9, 2020 10:39 PM

The fact that he cheated on his wife multiple times while claiming to be a feminist makes him a rancid pile of shit no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2020 10:42 PM

R121 or you’re just a raging fucking moron

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2020 10:46 PM

I’d be abusive to Ray Fisher if it got him off.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2020 10:49 PM

Fuck off you prick defender R122 go back to masturbating to Buffy reruns.

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2020 10:51 PM

[quote]Now she posts on social media how proud she is of the show and the role because she knows that it gives her likes and clicks. Funny how things work out.

I completely understood why she dodged all things Buffy after the series ended in order to attempt to establish herself. I'm also happy she eventually realized it's the most prolific things she has done or probably ever will done. I still remember the day she posted on Twitter herself standing next to a Buffy piece of memorabilia and people were shocked she finally acknowledged it in a real way.

[quote]Remember he also fucked over Charisma Carpenter because she dared to have a baby without his direct approval.

This was when I decided I hated him. Then I started reading all of the other stuff about him. I think the weird thing about the Charisma incident was that even though she says she thought they finally made up years later as she once remarked, he still has yet to attempt to cast her in anything else.

At least she still looks great and is one of the most beloved characters from the series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2020 10:52 PM

I know that I’m in the minority but I have always enjoyed Zack Snyder’s films. Justice League always seemed like an unfinished film to me so I am happy that I will get to see the full film.

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2020 11:06 PM

[Quote] it's the most prolific things she has done or probably ever will done

Are you sure you mean prolific? Significant?

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2020 11:26 PM

I suppose prolific would apply in terms of the number of episodes she appeared in, [italic]Buffy[/italic] outdoes her run on [i]All My Children[/i] in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2020 12:33 AM

I always liked Charisma and she's survived some truly awful stuff, the idea for her to get impaled on a piece of rebar in one episode of Buffy reportedly came from the fact that she had actually been impaled on a piece of rebar as a kid and then there was that horrific incident where she and her boyfriend were attacked by a violent psycho and her boyfriend was slashed multiple times.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2020 1:42 AM

Did he ever say exactly what the abuse was? If not, why bother bringing it up?

by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2020 1:43 AM

[Quote] I think the weird thing about the Charisma incident was that even though she says she thought they finally made up years later as she once remarked, he still has yet to attempt to cast her in anything else.

Seems like Alexis, Amy and Richard J are the only ones to do other work with Joss outside of Buffy/Angel.

by Anonymousreply 131July 10, 2020 3:28 AM

A throwback for old Buffy fans, the stunt couple from way back when are speaking out. It's nothing that wasn't mentioned at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 14, 2020 9:40 PM

Pruitt's parable from way back when.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133July 14, 2020 9:41 PM

You don't achieve greatness without insulting or offending someone's fweelings. Sowwy.

by Anonymousreply 134July 14, 2020 11:19 PM

I honestly do not understand how cheating on one's wife is incompatible with being a feminist. If I cheated on my husband I wouldn't be a misandrist, I'd just be a dick. Whatever their personal bullshit was that's between two people and has nothing to do with one's feelings toward the rights of an entire gender.

by Anonymousreply 135July 14, 2020 11:51 PM

R132 of course those two had to say something. For once they left Sarah out of it.

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2020 2:28 AM

Forcing Sophia out because her husband left on bad terms was a really shitty move, and everyone I knew in the fandom at the time agreed. She was an [italic]excellent[/italic] stunt double and I never heard about her getting mixed up in any of the office politics before her departure. But Jeff did himself no favors with that parable and other wackiness that went on. If I remember correctly, he and whoever was responsible for building those gigantic set pieces that dominated the season finales were at each other's throats , and it sounded like that was not a fun set to be on behind the scenes.

I think the fake feminist stuff is more about Joss crowning himself king of the feminists while perving on much younger employees who had to keep him happy to keep their jobs. It's not so much that he cheated on Kai, it's the power dynamic he had with the women he cheated with.

by Anonymousreply 137July 16, 2020 2:13 AM

[Quote] I think the fake feminist stuff is more about Joss crowning himself king of the feminists while perving on much younger employees who had to keep him happy to keep their jobs. It's not so much that he cheated on Kai, it's the power dynamic he had with the women he cheated with.

Wish more of the Buffy fans understood that.

by Anonymousreply 138July 16, 2020 4:15 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 20, 2020 6:30 PM

Cry us a river, Ray. Welcome to Hollywood!

by Anonymousreply 140July 20, 2020 6:31 PM

He's trying to be the male Mo'Nique.

by Anonymousreply 141July 20, 2020 6:48 PM

R139 that is from JULY 2.

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 142July 20, 2020 6:52 PM

Isn't Tudyk a closet case?

by Anonymousreply 143July 20, 2020 11:05 PM

If they didn't want abuse they should have read the script!

by Anonymousreply 144July 20, 2020 11:46 PM

R144 you make a good point.

by Anonymousreply 145July 21, 2020 3:56 AM

Have we talked about Ray's hairline?

by Anonymousreply 146July 21, 2020 3:57 AM

R146 receding?

by Anonymousreply 147July 21, 2020 10:27 PM

He’s not giving up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148July 26, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote]Ray Fisher to Joss Whedon: ‘Sue Me for Slander’ if ‘Justice League’ Abuse Allegations Are Untrue

LOL - good answer.

Joss Whedon and JJ Abrams were both the wonderkids of the early 2000s whose egos got much bigger than their actual talent which, let's be honest, was only relatively better than others producing similar fare during the same period.

They've both been shown to be talentless hacks, riding on their past glory, a term I use loosely, by the by.

by Anonymousreply 149July 26, 2020 6:26 PM

He's going the full Mo'Nique. Perpetuating a feud where the other half doesn't even bother to respond. Responding to yourself is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 150July 26, 2020 6:34 PM

His barber went uncredited. The horror.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 26, 2020 6:41 PM

Ug I hate assholes but give me a role as a DC Marvel Super-hero and I’ll put up with anything

“Everything is so fragile. There's so much conflict, so much pain...you keep waiting for the dust to settle and then you realize this is it; the dust is your life going on. If happy comes along--that weird, unbearable delight that's actual happy--I think you have to grab it while you can. You take what you can get, 'cause it's here, and then...gone.”

by Anonymousreply 152July 26, 2020 6:50 PM

He says he's been compiling evidence and people willing to talk on the record for years but decided to just come out with a vague tweet about "being bad"

by Anonymousreply 153July 26, 2020 6:55 PM

He seems like a moron with no regard for his career.

by Anonymousreply 154July 26, 2020 8:20 PM

I don't understand what his endgame is....

by Anonymousreply 155July 27, 2020 4:13 AM

He's just stating his boundaries for the eventual big-budget Cyborg movie!

by Anonymousreply 156July 27, 2020 8:10 AM

Update

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157August 20, 2020 8:38 PM

"A source with knowledge at the studio tells us that no findings were made, and to preserve the integrity of the investigation, the company will not conduct it in the public sphere. There’s no specific timeline to the investigation, other than being thorough and efficient. WarnerMedia has not pre-judged Joss Whedon or Justice League producers Geoff Johns, or Jon Berg, and I hear that the inquiry is not limited to them."

Today, Fisher tweeted, “After 5 weeks of interviews with various cast/crew, @WarnerMedia as officially launched an independent third-party investigation to get to the heart of the toxic and abusive work environment created during Justice League reshoots. This is a MASSIVE step forward!”

He continued, “I believe this investigation will show that Geoff Johns, Joss Whedon, Jon Berg (and others) grossly abused their power during the uncertainty of AT&T’s merger with Time Warner.”

Blah blah blah. Someone is at the Monique school of bitching

by Anonymousreply 158August 20, 2020 8:53 PM

No one else is saying a word, for or against.

by Anonymousreply 159August 20, 2020 9:04 PM

I hope Ray Fisher has enjoyed his moment in the limelight. It won’t come again.

by Anonymousreply 160August 21, 2020 1:29 AM

Soon he'll be broke and roommates with Dakota Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 161August 21, 2020 12:15 PM

Warner Brothers: Ray Fisher has not cooperated with the investigation.

WHAT A BIG SURPRISE

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162September 5, 2020 3:30 AM

OOOOOOOO THIS IS GETTING GOOD

by Anonymousreply 163September 5, 2020 5:09 AM

So his complaint amounted to not being able to write his own storyline and dialogue??

by Anonymousreply 164September 5, 2020 11:54 AM

How embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 165September 5, 2020 12:45 PM

Ray keeps shouting and puffing his chest but nobody ever responds to him. Nor does he go into any detail.

At least John Boyega, whether you agree with him or not, spells out his issues.

by Anonymousreply 166September 5, 2020 7:42 PM

Fisher disputes the studio's claim that he did not speak with an investigator:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167September 5, 2020 9:20 PM

How long does he plan on dragging this out?

by Anonymousreply 168September 6, 2020 12:07 AM

Did he learn nothing from Jussie

by Anonymousreply 169September 6, 2020 12:09 AM

Popping popcorn and settling in for the show...

by Anonymousreply 170September 6, 2020 12:16 AM

He seems like he’s completely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 171September 6, 2020 3:31 AM

When playing the victim goes wrong.

by Anonymousreply 172September 6, 2020 3:35 AM

More screaming, no details. Is he the new Corey Feldman? Does he need a documentary?

Also, comments are cancer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173September 7, 2020 4:50 PM

Why don’t they just get another actor to play cyborg in the flash movie? Nobody would miss this guy anyway.

by Anonymousreply 174September 7, 2020 4:54 PM

R174 excuse me???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175September 7, 2020 4:56 PM

The Flash already has Michael Keaton & Ben Affleck. If they leave Cyborg out is anyone going to care?

by Anonymousreply 176September 7, 2020 5:18 PM

Every hero matters!

by Anonymousreply 177September 7, 2020 5:21 PM

Minor heroes can always be recast. Marvel did it to War Machine. Hell, they did it to Hulk.

by Anonymousreply 178September 7, 2020 6:25 PM

Just replace Cyborg with Nubia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179September 7, 2020 8:43 PM

Is the actor playing Cyborg on Doom Patrol available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180September 7, 2020 8:46 PM

Jason Momoa says BROS BEFORE STUDIOS

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181September 8, 2020 7:43 PM

Is Ezra going to be a bro and speak out??

by Anonymousreply 182September 9, 2020 12:59 AM

He's going to be a bro and choke out a ho.

by Anonymousreply 183September 9, 2020 12:07 PM

Jason Momoa emerging as the star witness for the prosecution is like Joan Collins showing up at Blake’s trial at the beginning of Season 2 of Dynasty!

by Anonymousreply 184September 9, 2020 6:22 PM

Not sure what’s more embarrassing, the whole Snyder Cut debacle or this nonsense

by Anonymousreply 185September 10, 2020 11:40 AM

Ah MoMo, bad move. I guess he feels infallible now, with his Aquaman, Frontier, See, and Dune projects.

by Anonymousreply 186September 10, 2020 12:50 PM

Oh look Ray. Someone MUCH less famous accusing a studio of something and actually having the balls to say what his problem is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187September 12, 2020 1:50 AM

Jason Momoa has posted again in support of Fisher, but people are already clapping back in the comments section because neither of them of have specified what they are complaining about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188September 14, 2020 11:30 PM

LOLing at this comment on Mamoa's twitter:

"Why are y’all dudes so winey and don’t stand up when stuff happens? How can you lead while being scared?"

Also bumping for lazy whores.

by Anonymousreply 189September 22, 2020 4:20 PM

Instead of talking about this, you bitches should be finding out who Ray Fisher's boyfriend is. Clearly he is a sister to Andrew Gillum.

by Anonymousreply 190September 22, 2020 5:48 PM

And here you have a MUCH less famous actor, having issues with a studio, and having the balls to be direct. How refreshing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 22, 2020 6:41 PM

r191 that guy isn't an important character, gambled and lost in his bad negotiations. Decided it's "racism"

by Anonymousreply 192September 22, 2020 6:45 PM

R192 I don't watch the show so I can't address that but I'm just saying, at least he is saying what his issue is (right or wrong) while Ray just keeps vaguely yelling abuse.

by Anonymousreply 193September 22, 2020 6:50 PM

Joss has responded to Ray's accusation of racism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 31, 2020 10:54 AM

So now Ray is involving himself in some drama from the new Superman show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195November 9, 2020 10:36 PM

[Quote] I’m happy for Ray to go out and speak his truth. I wasn’t there with the guys when they shot with Joss Whedon — I had my own experience with [him], which wasn’t the best one, but I took care of it there and when it happened. I took it to the higher-ups and they took care of it. But I’m happy for Ray to go up and say his truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196December 18, 2020 9:52 AM

MAURY, I AM OUT ON CONTROL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197December 30, 2020 8:11 PM

What a fucking idiot

by Anonymousreply 198December 30, 2020 10:02 PM

I'd actually listen to him if he said what his issues were. Vague accusations are easy to ignore.

by Anonymousreply 199December 30, 2020 10:07 PM

Jovian Wade is waiting by his phone, smiling.

by Anonymousreply 200December 30, 2020 10:10 PM

I've heard enough about Whedon from other quarters (including his own smug mouth) to believe practically anything. And he's the first person I recall Gal Gadot ever having a problem with, which is pretty telling. But Fisher's complaints so far mostly seem to consist of "my role got cut down," which, ask Henry Cavill how many lines he had in the previous movie despite being one of the two leads.

by Anonymousreply 201December 30, 2020 10:41 PM

[Quote] which, ask Henry Cavill how many lines he had in the previous movie despite being one of the two leads.

I don't think it's about the amount of lines.

by Anonymousreply 202December 31, 2020 3:49 AM

R202 well to be fair, we don't know because he won't say a damn thing.

R201 spill!

by Anonymousreply 203December 31, 2020 3:54 AM

R203 I'm not R201 but I recall this incident in which "male feminist" Joss went after Nicole Kidman on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 31, 2020 2:38 PM

Joss should become Trans 🏳️‍⚧️, then no one can criticize him.

He doesn’t even need to start wearing dresses, he can just put on nail polish 💅🏻 and lipstick 💄

Trans is beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 205December 31, 2020 3:03 PM

This guy is exhausting. Good luck getting another job.

by Anonymousreply 206December 31, 2020 3:11 PM

R205 don't give Joss any ideas.

by Anonymousreply 207January 1, 2021 2:36 AM

I smell a bottom.

by Anonymousreply 208January 24, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] I'd actually listen to him if he said what his issues were. Vague accusations are easy to ignore.

I feel the same way. His situation reminds me a bit of when Leslie Jones said that staff members at the Ritz Carlton in LA were racist. She never went into details about what happened at the hotel. A rep or someone for a black centric website was asking her on twitter to give full details about what happened and Jones never responded to them. Also, Wendy Williams said that she would cancel at event at the Ritz that she had planned for her staff if Jones would contact her to give details. The story died down after that. I wondered if Jones way lying and her reps shut down things down once it was shown that people wanted more details on the alleged incident.

by Anonymousreply 209January 24, 2021 4:00 PM

Charisma Carpenter (Cordelia, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) retells her story of mistreatment at the hands of Joss Whedon and writes that she took part in WarnerMedia's investigation on Joss in support of Ray Fisher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 10, 2021 4:03 PM

How does Whedon compare to most producer/director/showrunners?

by Anonymousreply 211February 10, 2021 4:11 PM

Should start a thread on all the Buffy news coming out today, with SMG and Amber Benson both confirming the toxic environment? Seems separate from this Ray Fisher person

by Anonymousreply 212February 10, 2021 7:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213February 10, 2021 8:15 PM

Fisher's career is over unless someone like Tyler Perry or Jordan Peele takes him in

by Anonymousreply 214February 10, 2021 8:19 PM

Fisher only had one credit after JLA. His career was over well before these allegations.

by Anonymousreply 215February 10, 2021 8:28 PM

If more people come out to support Ray Fisher’s accusations, which seems to be happening now, his career is NOT entirely over.

by Anonymousreply 216February 10, 2021 8:33 PM

Someone's determined to never work again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217February 16, 2021 4:31 AM

Actor Harry Lennox who has worked with both Joss Whedon and Zack Snyder, gave these comments to Variety:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218February 19, 2021 12:11 PM

R218 i hope Harry doesn't have twitter.

by Anonymousreply 219February 20, 2021 5:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!