Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CrossFit

Is it a cult?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2020 12:30 AM

What is this, 2013? You just figured this out?

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 4:34 PM

OP, why are you posting articles from 5 years ago? Are you the 2015 troll?

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 4:48 PM

I am not the 2015 troll. I have a coworker who just got into a gay crossfit group and this article seemed relevant

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 4:52 PM

Yeah this is well established. Everyone I know who is involved in CrossFit conforms to the characteristics described.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 4:53 PM

But picture all the dick you'll get... Oh wait, it's a gay group. They'll all be hitting on the straight boys in the locker room, not each other.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 5:11 PM

I like the bi muscle bros

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 5:21 PM

Gyms are all pretty much still closed OP

Try again

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 5:24 PM

R7 officially closed. I have a CrossFit friend who has been working out at his CrossFit club for weeks. The hardcore members have been invited in. He tells me that everyone wears masks and stays six feet apart. When I reminded him that NYC has not entered the phase allowing this yet he just shrugs. Muscles and cult connections are more important than public health guidelines for these folks.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 5:27 PM

I’d join ISIS before I’d join CrossFit.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 5:28 PM

Why? Don’t you wanna be fit, bro?

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Chadwick Moore? Isn't he the little furry choad last seen tongue-deep in Milo's taint?

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 8:06 PM

Good catch, R11. Yes, he’s a gay Trump supporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 8:25 PM

It is most definitely a cult.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2020 10:54 PM

Pretty much as I imagined it being like. No thanks. All I know is I'm now craving Kool-Aid like a motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2020 11:46 PM

1. As noted above, the author is a gay Trump supporter

2. I have been a member of a Crossfit gym for five years and nothing he talks about sounds even vaguely familiar. No one wants callouses or cut up hands, there is no forced socialization (the gym has about 4 social events every year, maybe half the members show up), the majority of the members are over 30, with plenty in their 40s and 50s, the instructors don't take themselves or Crossfit nearly as seriously, they get that pretty much everyone is doing it for exercise, and there are members at all levels of fitness.

3. The move Chadwick couldn't do is called an overhead squat not a jump squat--you hold the barbell over your head and you certainly do not jump while holding it.

4. If my experience was anything like old Chadwick's, I would have quit within a month too. I have visited other Crossfit gyms while traveling and have never found anything like he described.

5. Chadwick Moore is a gay Republican.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2020 12:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!