Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Covid vs Tuberculosis

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Covid and Tuberculosis? It seems like both are contagious and affect the lungs. I was just wondering if the treatments for TB would also apply to Covid?

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2020 2:57 PM

You've saved the day, Rose!

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 4:09 PM

One bacteria and one is a virus

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 4:12 PM

Other difference is a vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 4:15 PM

I'm sure the thousands of medical researchers worldwide must have overlooked that hypothesis. You should apply to be Surgeon General, OP. But please pay strict attention to the current Resume' thread.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 4:22 PM

Colds and flus can also affect the lungs, and that should be looked into.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] and that should be looked into.

I look into a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 5:10 PM

Maybe a lungectomy will help.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 5:35 PM

Laugh if you will, R7, but they did do a double lung transplant on one patient.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 5:38 PM

Is OP being blocked from Google or Wikipedia?

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 5:45 PM

Yea,h, R8, but it came from Amazon. Looks good for about. week but it won't last.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 7:33 PM

OP, please submit your résumé to the White House. When Trump fires the Secretary of HHS, you want to make sure you're under consideration.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 9:49 PM

TB - disease caused by bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis that primarily affects the lungs. It is curable with antibiotic medication taken for 6-9 months.

Covid - virus. Still working out the pathophysiology. No effective treatment as of yet.

Antibiotic medications do not treat viruses.

Vaccine for TB is of variable effectiveness in adults (ie it may not work well) and is not used in the US due to low rates of TB and that the TB vaccine interferes with TB skin testing.

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2020 12:00 AM

I was offered the children's MMR vaccine during my physical last week. I am 65.

The theory is the molecular surface of the mumps virus is very similar to the corona virus.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2020 12:03 AM

No bitch, OP and you come across as so stupid to almost deserve both diseases.

by Anonymousreply 14July 1, 2020 12:26 AM

Aha OP brought up an interesting point. Middle aged and young Eastern Europeans aren't dying or getting infected as much and several doctors think it may have to do with the still-mandatory TB inoculation everyone has to get by law. It is something doctors are looking into. For example, Slovenia has low numbers and never closed bars, cafes or restaurants. Most people who do not have sever co-morbidities are also having milder symptoms and EVERYONE is a pack a day smoker.

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2020 12:37 AM

That is interesting R13. I have had boosters of that vaccine prior to moving to Africa, where I lived for some time.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 12:38 AM

Well if anti-vaxxers want a model of their dream vaccine-free world, here it is with the Rona. They won't learn though because they are too stupid to put two and two together.

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 12:55 AM

Mr. Trump—We told you that you are not welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 5:45 AM

I love you, r10.

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2020 11:56 AM

Two medical trials are underway looking at whether the BCG vaccine given for TB might have any application to Covid. They will be evaluated by WHO. It's on WHO's site.

They stress that it's because it seems to have some effects on the immune system, but whether they will be applicable to coronavirus is unclear - in other words, it's a long shot, but good work, OP!

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2020 1:34 PM

holly fuck, people are stupid

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 1:38 PM

BCG leaves a large scar on the arm. I will pass.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2020 3:45 PM

[quote]BCG leaves a large scar on the arm. I will pass.

Covid leaves a scar on the lungs.

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2020 4:15 PM

R22 = most superficial homosexual on DL. Would literally rather DIE than get a little scar on his arm.

by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2020 12:47 AM

Get a tattoo over it, R22.

by Anonymousreply 25July 5, 2020 2:44 PM

TB had its own special hospitals that is how big of a deal it was. That's how you can tell if a disease is serious, when it has its own hospital or colony.

by Anonymousreply 26July 5, 2020 2:55 PM

Has DL had a massive influx of stupid people recently or is pretending to be a moron just a current favorite way to troll?

by Anonymousreply 27July 5, 2020 2:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!