Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Princess Diana would have been 59 years old on July 1

FIFTY NINE!

Alas, she only reached 36 years.

She was actually quite young when she died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2020 3:20 AM

Kate doesn't even come close to looking like this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 3:39 PM

The I'm Worried About and Jealous Of Kate Troll gets in early, in a thread that's not about Kate.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 3:43 PM

Wow! I am older than she was when she died.

I remember my mom waking me up and she was crying and saying Princess Diana was dead. I sat with her early that morning and we watched the news. Watched the funeral with her too.

Time flies...

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 3:45 PM

Diana still would have been stuck in the Princess of Wales position, had she lived and still been married to Charles.

So I guess in that sense you can't compare Kate to her because Kate isn't even the Prince of Wales yet.

Camilla is in that spot, so you'd have to compare Camilla to Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 3:49 PM

I wonder what Diana would have thought of this photo?

Shock? Disbelief? Anger?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 3:52 PM

this is what matters to DL ...

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 3:53 PM

Well Camilla has more of the Windsor panache than Diana ever did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 3:55 PM

Charles should have married Camilla from the very beginning.

Then none of this royal drama ever would have happened.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 4:08 PM

Quite the schnoz on that one - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 4:18 PM

I like Camilla, and I also like kate.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 4:23 PM

She would have been a hazbeen like Fergie

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 4:26 PM

Kate doesn't have her big nose.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 4:42 PM

Same age as our beloved Marilyn.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 4:43 PM

I wonder if she would have become even crazier as she got older.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 4:56 PM

She would've had a second act that would've made Jackie O. look like an amateur. We'll never know, though.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 5:22 PM

She certainly would not have been with that creep Dodi for more than a month longer. Summer was at an end that last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 5:58 PM

I still miss Diana. It almost seems like she’s still with us. Diana was something else. One for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 6:25 PM

slow-mo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 6:26 PM

Does anyone remember that hilariously tacky magazine cover Tina Brown crapped out several years back? The one with a photshopped picture of Diana? I can't believe anyone didn't tell Brown what a terrible idea that was.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 6:32 PM

R10, same here.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 6:34 PM

Yeah, cheers, babe.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 6:34 PM

Thanks to Diana and Sarah Ferguson, who dragged the royal family kicking and screaming into the modern era and 21st century. They paid the price, but they paved the way for a more relatable and accessible royal family. They had personality, pizzazz and a human touch. They paved the way for the grudging acceptance of Camilla, the protection that Kate received and unreasonable bitchiness of Markle. Before Diana and Sarah, royal family members has to conform or be gone. They paid the price but ultimately made it easier for those who came after them and made the royal family more popular than ever.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 7:01 PM

Fergie is a destitute beggar's Diana. She never came close to the affection and interest Diana could draw.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 7:18 PM

If that's what you call panache, R7.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 9:12 PM

Diana would have never been a saint if she hadn't died. Her reputation had been in a tailspin the entire summer of 97, with no signs of stopping. She might not have married Dodi, but she would definitely have found her Aristotle Onassis and made a further hash of things.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 9:50 PM

What did they do with the clothes she was wearing? They were some fancy shit. Also, she wasnt wearing any bra or panties that evening!

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 9:54 PM

R24. Yes, Fergie has been on the outs since splitting with Andrew, but she has been somewhat accepted back via invitations to various functions and visits with the queen along the way. No, she was never going to be as popular or beloved as Diana, but for several years, she was fairly popular with the public and within the royal family. They liked her--until they didn't. And the queen still likes her. Sarah lives at the Royal Lodge and has very much a part of Andrew and her daughters' lives, so she never disappeared. Diana and Sarah were friends since they were about 15 years old. They understood each other and were allies for much of their time as members of the royal family. Their popularity and affection from the public were different (much like Kate and Markle), but Fergie had her place in the family. She screwed it up, but she's carved out quite a nice existence despite the challenges.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 9:56 PM

Absolutely R28 but if it had been Fergie in that car, the event, whilst sad, wouldn't have received a fraction on the attention or hysteria we saw with Diana's demise.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 10:00 PM

R26. Diana may have had a some time sowing her oats and finding her way after the divorce, but she was very much a believer in the monarchy, and she enjoyed the stature she had as a result of it. Plus she was good at her job throughout the years. Diana would have eventually found a place of prominence as the mother of the future king of England. She would have been wildly popular, albeit different, in her international fame and role as ambassador and bringing attention to worldwide causes. Diana's role would have changed, but she was not going disappear. Diana had matured. She needed some time away, but she was not going to disappear. She knew her influence and strengths, and I believe she would have used them to stay relevant and a force of nature. The world likes and looks toward these international figures. There are only a few of them--and Diana was at the top of the echelon. She wasn't going to give it all away. But trashy Dodi would be gone within weeks.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 10:08 PM

R27 They sent them to the dry cleaners Rose.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 10:15 PM

Bitch gave me plantar warts!

by Anonymousreply 32July 1, 2020 12:38 AM

Would she have ever gotten a nose job? It's strange that she never took the time to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33July 1, 2020 1:39 AM

[quote]r27 she wasnt wearing any bra or panties that evening!

I read the driver swerved and crashed because he was fingering her.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2020 1:43 AM

[quote]Charles should have married Camilla from the very beginning.

[quote]Then none of this royal drama ever would have happened.

That really would've been in everyone's best interests and the right thing to do, but unfortunately due to the protocols of the times Camilla was considered an unsuitable match for the heir to the throne. She had a bit of a reputation as a "party girl" and that was still a HUGE thing back then.

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2020 1:47 AM

R33, she didn't need to. She was pretty in spite of it, she was rich, and she could have had any single man she wanted. And if she did have a drastic cosmetic surgery on her face, then it would be obvious to the whole world, and it would be discussed endlessly in the tabloids. Some people think she had a very subtle nose job after her divorce. (I can't tell, though.)

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2020 1:48 AM

[quote] Camilla was considered an unsuitable match for the heir to the throne. She had a bit of a reputation as a "party girl" and that was still a HUGE thing back then.

It's funny how the Men in Gray thought that Diana would be more manageable for BP than Camilla. They saw Diana as a young, naive, teenaged girl who could be controlled.

I guess they never thought that teen aged girls grow up, and could possibly become your worst nightmare.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2020 1:56 AM

Diana was the most beloved human being to ever walk on the face of this earth!

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2020 1:57 AM

There are now a whole generation of adults who have no memory of Diana (or very hazy memories) and she doesn't mean much to them at all. She's an historical figure. Really gives you a sense of the passing of time.

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2020 2:09 AM

Times have changed: Camilla wasn't a virgin. And that's the reason Charles couldn't marry her.

Because of all that archaic nonsense, Charles married Diana and treated her like shit as did Camilla.

But as a result of the entire Charles, Diana, Camilla debacle, William was allowed to live with Kate for several years before marriage. And the virginity requirement for the heir to the throne ended forever.

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2020 2:28 AM

I was 11 when this happened. Although I remember that summer quite well, when I look at videos from 1997, it’s a reminder of how long she’s been dead been based on the poor camera quality as do the dated styles of people.

by Anonymousreply 41July 1, 2020 3:14 AM

I tend to remember 1990s as if it wasn't that long ago, but then when I see the photo/video quality of that time is seems so archaic.

by Anonymousreply 42July 1, 2020 3:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!