Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Connecticut Teacher Missing

Nearly eight weeks have passed since a beloved Connecticut school teacher disappeared in the early morning hours of his 50th birthday on May 7, 2020, and family members are worried sick.

Gil Cunha, 50, was last seen just after midnight on May 7, at his parents’ home in the area of West Shore, Connecticut, according to a press release issued by the West Haven Police Department.

Gil’s cousin, Lori Kenney, told Dateline that Gil’s father saw him watching TV between the hours of 12 a.m. and 2 a.m. Later that morning, Gil’s mother woke up to find that Gil was gone.

“It wasn’t unusual for Gil to go out for a walk,” Lori said. “But when he didn’t return later that day, she knew something was wrong. He wouldn’t just take off without contacting his family.”

Both Lori, and Bob Tavares, who is another of Gil’s cousins, told Dateline that the family was also concerned because Gil had been experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 and had self-quarantined for three weeks prior to his disappearance.

“He was never tested for the virus. But he wasn’t feeling well and decided to self-isolate in his room because he was afraid he had the virus,” Lori said. “He wanted to make sure his family was safe.”

Lori added that the family has considered that Gil's disappearance may be directly related to the Coronavirus, as symptoms can include altered mental status and confusion.

“But why haven’t we found him? Where did he go? Where is he?” Lori asked. She said these are questions she finds herself asking daily. “If something happened to him because of the virus, or if he harmed himself, or even if someone did something to him, we would still find him. But he’s just gone without a trace.”

continued at link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39July 11, 2020 1:16 AM

Hot daddy. Hope he just lost track of time in the Manchester bookstores.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 1:53 PM

hook up gone bad?

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 2:01 PM

Rough Trade Strikes Again!

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 2:08 PM

I did not see where it said he was gay...?

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 3:09 PM

Is your gaydar broken?

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 3:11 PM

“It wasn’t unusual for Gil to go out for a walk,” Lori said.

Lori, get a clue. Your brother wouldn't be going out for a walk after 2AM. Her blaming it on delirium from corona is a huge red flag. Plus, if he was self-isolating in his room, how did his father know he'd been watching TV from midnight to 2AM?

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 3:14 PM

I go walking...... after midnight

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 3:17 PM

He looks like someone who would have mental illness issues. Or some drug issues. Depression from turning 50?

Who takes walks at 2am?

They are sounding the alarm NOW after 8 weeks? No proof of Coronavirus yet they say he was delirious?

How about it was his 50th, he wanted to get high and fuck and had to wait until the rest of his family was asleep?

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 3:18 PM

According to this article, he isolated for 3 weeks earlier in the pandemic, but was not isolated at the time of his disappearance, r6.

Not sure he's gay, as he was married to a woman and divorced. I know that doesn't mean anything, but in the absence of anything at all that would indicate if he was gay or not, I'm not sure why OP assumed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 3:48 PM

He was 50 and still living with his father?

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 5:02 PM

Two threads currently on the Datalounge:

[quote]Gay Connecticut Teacher Missing

[quote]Five Cats Have Gone Missing in Our Neighbourhood

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 5:06 PM

Walking = Bottoming apparently.

Agree he was feeling the quarantine urge for cock and went on Grindr or Scruff. Hookup gone bad.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 5:09 PM

Grindr hookup gone wrong?

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 6:01 PM

His body had been found...in LI!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2020 4:37 PM

Sounds like a suicide?

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2020 4:42 PM

RIP

by Anonymousreply 16July 8, 2020 4:43 PM

I was hoping he'd just taken off for a new life somewhere, but no. RIP.

by Anonymousreply 17July 8, 2020 4:49 PM

He went missing on this 50th birthday - sounds like suicide RIP

by Anonymousreply 18July 8, 2020 4:52 PM

Awww.

by Anonymousreply 19July 8, 2020 4:53 PM

[quote] He went missing on this 50th birthday - sounds like suicide RIP

He left his wallet and phone behind, so ... RIP

by Anonymousreply 20July 8, 2020 4:55 PM

Seriously, why would you hook up with a complete stranger? Are you that desperate? Just never got that

by Anonymousreply 21July 8, 2020 4:57 PM

R21 it doesn't like he hooked up with anyone - from the looks of it he committed suicide

by Anonymousreply 22July 8, 2020 4:58 PM

Sex crime!

by Anonymousreply 23July 8, 2020 4:59 PM

I wasn't referring to him specifically r22.

I was referring to anyone who thinks stranger danger is so wonderfully exhilarating.

by Anonymousreply 24July 8, 2020 5:01 PM

He probably spent too much time on DL reading over and over how once you're 50 you're invisible

by Anonymousreply 25July 8, 2020 5:30 PM

Yes killing yourself at 50? Sounds like a sad case of someone who couldn't cope with being an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 26July 8, 2020 5:32 PM

He lived with his parents so no life partner or home of his own, he was a teacher in an era when children and parents are monsters of selfishness, he was fifty and no beauty. He was probably unhappy for long time, but the coronavirus trapping him with his parents and being given the impossible task of teaching remotely with no notice may have been the last straw.

I'm just speculating, but from here he doesn't look like someone who had a lot to be happy about.

by Anonymousreply 27July 8, 2020 5:40 PM

Few are a beauty at fifty. I thought he was a nice looking man.

by Anonymousreply 28July 8, 2020 5:43 PM

His life wasn't that sad r27

[quote]Gil, who had been living in Europe for the last decade and working as a teacher in Portugal and Turkey, had temporarily moved back to his parents’ house in West Haven in November. He began working as a teacher for the West Haven Public School system until the COVID-19 pandemic shut everything down.

He just moved in with his parents in November, it's not like he never left. He spent a decade traveling around Europe and probably enjoying himself.

by Anonymousreply 29July 8, 2020 5:44 PM

His partial remains were found after his body had been sliced and diced by a tug boat's propeller.

Ouch!

by Anonymousreply 30July 8, 2020 5:50 PM

100,000 m Butterfly.

by Anonymousreply 31July 8, 2020 5:51 PM

I went to school with him. Finding out about something like this via DL about someone I actually know is surreal. Please don't make this out to be a salacious story. His family are very nice people.

by Anonymousreply 32July 8, 2020 6:50 PM

Middle-aged suicide (don't do it)

by Anonymousreply 33July 8, 2020 9:45 PM

[quote]Please don't make this out to be a salacious story

Well it is a salacious story r32. This is a very odd death.

by Anonymousreply 34July 8, 2020 9:47 PM

R32, within the realm of that kind of thing happening - less than a cancer diagnosis, more than being ghosted by a date - I can't imagine a worse place to find out something like that. Sorry you had to find out here.

by Anonymousreply 35July 8, 2020 9:47 PM

[quote] Please don't make this out to be a salacious story.

Oh, honey, while I sympathize with you, that shipped already sailed.

by Anonymousreply 36July 9, 2020 10:42 AM

Left his wallet and cell phone at his parent's in West Haven, but body found near Fire Island on the other side of Long Island. Suicide not out of the question, but suspect there's more to this story.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2020 8:19 AM

His parent's house is a block from the beach. Going for a walk or a run without keys, wallet, or phone in the area where he grew up, which is relatively safe, isn't too strange.

by Anonymousreply 38July 11, 2020 12:46 AM

R30, No open casket.

by Anonymousreply 39July 11, 2020 1:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!