Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DISNEY RESETTING STAR WARS; ERASING LAST JEDI

A new rumor has hit the net offering that some sort of Disney Star Wars reset is in the works that will see Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker basically erased.

The rumor comes from the "future ruler of Earth," the Doomcock Overlord DVD YouTube channel, who recently offered that a Star Wars "civil war" is happening at Lucasfilm between Kathleen Kennedy and Jon Favreau.

Getting back to the rumor, Doomock says that plans are in place to save the Star Wars franchise which involves the Abrams and Rian Johnson trilogy getting nullified.

It's claimed the Disney Star Wars Trilogy will be erased using a concept that was recently made canon in the Star Wars Rebels animated series.

"In the Season 4 episode 13 installment titled 'A World Between Worlds,' the concept of the Veil of The Force was introduced, a mystical dimension of The Force that connects all time and space," explains Doomcock. "I have received confirmation from two additional sources claiming that this is spot on -- that indeed LucasFilm realizes they have a massive problem on their hands, that the Star Wars franchise is all but dead, and despite Kathleen Kennedy's hatred of this idea, Lucasfilm is preparing to render the Sequel Trilogy null and void."

It's said that the events from The Force Awakens, Last Jedi, and Skywalker "will be removed from canon, isolated in their own alternate timeline and regarded as an Elseworlds-like installment under the label of Star Wars Legends."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 6:46 PM

Does that mean more Luke Skywalker? I wonder what Mark Hamill thinks of this.

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 1:25 PM

They should put the Breaking Bad team on it.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 1:34 PM

Fake News.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 1:35 PM

OP you report this as fact. It’s a wild rumor

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 1:35 PM

Ugh. I am so Star Wars-ed out.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Will it take place before or after Professor X loses the ring of power.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 1:51 PM

They can do it. Trust me.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 1:52 PM

Doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 1:55 PM

I will always hate them for not listening to the fans and actors and not following through with Finn and Poe.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 1:57 PM

If Doomcock says it, it must be so!!!!

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 1:57 PM

Very unlikely. Not only would it anger half the fanbase, they wouldn't get back Mark Hamill or Harrison Ford either (or Carrie Fisher, RIP).

No, it's more likely that they build on The Mandalorian and continue to concentrate on the early time between RotJ and TFA, a sweet spot that allows them to still use the Empire. I suspect that they will bring back Thrawn as a big bad again.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 1:58 PM

And fuck the racists on this forum who attacked John Boyega. Shit tier people.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 1:58 PM

Can they reset the Lucas prequels as well?

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 1:59 PM

The original trilogy was great. Everything since has been overdone dreck. And now Disney will continue to make Star Wars films that are super family friendly and try appeal to everyone, which isn’t appealing to most adult sci fi fans. I dunno—I saw Star Wars in the theater when it came out in the 70s as Kid and even I’m glad it’s over. It’s just too much recycling, and bringing back Leía, Han and Mark H over and over again got really tiring. Mark H was especially terrible with his over-acting.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 2:01 PM

I would like to see them expand on the Mandalorian, this is the future of Star Wars.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 2:06 PM

There are a lot of rumors swirling right now.

That Kathleen Kennedy is almost out, except for the Leslye Headland / Brie Larson show, is pretty much confirmed since Favreau and Filoni appear to be involved with all the Star Wars stuff except that and Kennedy's involved with none of it.

The weirdest rumor so far is that they're considering recasting Luke with Sebastian Stan. The rumor is to do a quick guest spot on The Mandalorian and see how well it flies. I was skeptical, but it could work. Ewan McGregor was a brilliant recast of Obi Wan though I question that Stan has the same acting chops as McGregor since 90% of the illusion is how well he mimics Alec Guiness's mannerisms and voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 2:09 PM

This is the way.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 2:09 PM

OP do you really believe any random rumor someone writes on the internet?

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 2:09 PM

Mandalorian Is great - but stunted in that Disney “must be family friendly / understandable/ enjoyable to 5 year olds and adults” way.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 2:11 PM

I can't believe Jon Favreau as a filmmaker is actually a thing.

I know his films make a ton of money, but I find them underwhelming.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 2:13 PM

[quote]OP do you really believe any random rumor someone writes on the internet?

While believing the random internet rumor mill is dubious, there are some people who usually have a good bead on what's happening.

It's like Ming-Chi Kuo on Apple rumors. Sure, he gets stuff wrong on the fringes, but he's usually very reliable on big rumors and the general shape and direction of Apple stuff.

Also, I always assume that a lot of these types of rumors are actually test balloons by the company itself to see what sort of reaction fans might have. If there is a "great disturbance in the Force... as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror" with one of these announcements, I bet they'll think twice. Whereas if there is generally more positive acceptance, they'd move forward. ALL of the backlash on the new movies was foreshadowed by wild handwringing, teeth gnashing, and wails of despair as details were leaked.

Given how badly stuff has gone with fans. Whether you like or dislike the new movies, the controversy and bitter words surrounding them are not something any media company is going to want.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:17 PM

The Disney Star Wars feel so clean, even when they're trying to make things look rundown in a post Empire universe. The originals worked because they had limitations.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:42 PM

Good! I hope they retcon out the Lesbian kiss!!!

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 2:42 PM

Nobody cares about the fans. Disney will do whatever it takes to recoup their billion-dollar investment in this brand. It's hilarious that anyone, anywhere would think otherwise. Even Mark fucking Hamill has moved on. Yet the fanboys remain, always pathetic, always wallowing in their own self-pity.

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 2:53 PM

Umm, hasn’t that 4 Billion dollar investment paid for itself already???

Many times over?

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 3:13 PM

When Disney was marketing the franchise in China the posters made actors of color much smaller. And they've always treated their employees like shit.

So much for diversity and caring about people.

When Disney wanted to change Splash Mountain in Tokyo they in the most polite way told them to fuck off. Show boat your phony concern in America where your new IP will be much more lucrative.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 4:23 PM

Sure, Leia.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 4:37 PM

Favreau would call better shots than Kennedy.

But where does the article get off claiming there is a feud? Why doesn't it explain how Favreau is allegedly involved and how the source allegedly knows?

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 5:21 PM

I really enjoyed The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda is all kinds of cute, but it isn't THAT good, really. Favreau is a mediocre talent.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 6:06 PM

R29

Disney is so unoriginal. They copied that from Baby Groot (and probably something else before it). I’m so tired of Disney.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 6:29 PM

I understand. The real world sucks. It’s an escape.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 9:00 PM

Favreau's done a lot more than THE MANDALORIAN and his shows are well-regarded.

THE MANDALORIAN doesn't have the budget, scope or purpose that the feature films have. He'd kick ass as the auteur overseeing a coherent vision for a trilogy that STAR WARS needs.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 9:16 PM

Good. Can we retcon Abrams' abysmal Star Trek canon, including the destruction of Vulcan???

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 9:56 PM

Oscar Isaac was the only one in the new trilogy who had any charisma or screen presence. The other were all so uninteresting. Isaac should've been the main character.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 10:01 PM

They have two multi-billion dollar theme park lands (with a third slated) themed to the sequels.

by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 10:04 PM

[quote]Nobody cares about the fans. Disney will do whatever it takes to recoup their billion-dollar investment in this brand. It's hilarious that anyone, anywhere would think otherwise.

The way movies hit the huge numbers make money is from huge fans seeing movies 5, 6, 7 times or more.

Movies don't hit $1.5 billion with people seeing it only once in the theaters.

Disney cares about fans only in so far as they know that unpopular movies don't make the huge box office numbers. Force Awakens hit $2 billion after years of pent up demand. The Last Jedi only made $1.3 billion. By the time of Rise of Skywalker when the hate had grown to epic proportions among fans, it barely topped $1 billion. Solo, that is probably tied for hate with TLJ, is reputed not to have even made back production costs and marketing at $390 million.

[quote]Oscar Isaac was the only one in the new trilogy who had any charisma or screen presence. The other were all so uninteresting. Isaac should've been the main character.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a few movies with Oscar Isaac in the lead.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2020 4:09 PM

R30 Actually, it copied the Japanese book/film series Lone Wolf and Cub but I'm down for it.

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] Actually, it copied the Japanese book/film series Lone Wolf and Cub but I'm down for it.

Um, I think it’s actually called "Chick and Hawk", but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2020 4:40 PM

Aren’t they doing more movies or is it tv shows with Diego Luna??

I’m there for that!

by Anonymousreply 39July 1, 2020 4:41 PM

Well, considering how much GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY stole from STAR WARS ...

by Anonymousreply 40July 1, 2020 5:13 PM

I can't help but feel that Princess Leia could have saved Alderon if she wasn't such a fat, stupid, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 41July 4, 2020 5:54 AM

The Mandalorian was excellent. If that is not good enough for you then go make your own damn show.

by Anonymousreply 42July 4, 2020 6:14 AM

It's amazing how Disney fucked up the Star Wars franchise. They really just coasted with the franchise. They didn't even have a proper story for the trilogy. You could tell they made it up as they went along. Lucas did too but at least it was mostly coherent in the original trilogy. The last one was absolutely terrible. It just reeked of cut and paste from previous Star Wars films. Daisy Ridley was dreadful and lacked any charisma. I like John Boyega but they didn't know what to do with his character. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Kelly Marie Tran but the ridiculous, racist reaction to her just showed the asses of psycho Star Wars fans and it really cast a pall over the entire series.

I quite enjoyed Solo and I thought Rogue was excellent but the series really needs to take a break and reset. Make people get excited again about Star Wars. And actually make a fucking film with an original idea.

Oh wait - it's Disney.

by Anonymousreply 43July 4, 2020 6:27 AM

[quote]There was absolutely nothing wrong with Kelly Marie Tran but the ridiculous, racist reaction to her just showed the asses of psycho Star Wars fans and it really cast a pall over the entire series.

That was actually just the Russian and alt-right troll farms flexing their muscles on Twitter, not actual 'Star Wars' fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 4, 2020 7:36 AM

I really liked the Last Jedi. It felt like an independent film in lots of small ways as the key parts were so character driven. And the music was fantastic. There are very few film scores that have made me emotional, but the score when Luke leaves Leia and goes outside for face Kylo Ren genuinely made me teary, as it signalled hope.

by Anonymousreply 45July 4, 2020 10:37 AM

I guess I'm late to this party.

Why in the world would Disney ever want to erase Episodes 7, 8, and 9?

In my opinion, those were the best made films of all Star Wars movies, with the best stories, the best acting, and the least amount of cheesy CGI and lame characters (eg: Jar Jar Binks). All three were ADULT films made for and by adults.

If anything needs to be erased and/or redone, it's episodes 1, 2, and 3.

Those were the worst out of the 11 or 12 total Star Wars movies.

by Anonymousreply 46July 4, 2020 11:36 AM

Disney's theme park lands are based on 7,8, and 9. They won't redo it, so will keep the films. Like the prequels are now, when the current children that are seeing these movies hit a certain age the Disney sequels will be better accepted. By then things that don'y work just won't be mentioned any more (like midichlorians, from the prequels). The biggest mistake from the Disney sequels is that they had the originals alive and never put them in a seen together. Now that Fisher is dead, it's not possible any more.

They should plan films with Rey, Poe, and Finn, keep them as film characters and not make them DisneyTV characters. It does sound like the actors are not interested in doing anything else with SW right now, so we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 47July 4, 2020 11:50 AM

[quote]They should plan films with Rey, Poe, and Finn, keep them as film characters

No way. The public never warmed to those characters and it's best if they're never seen again.

by Anonymousreply 48July 4, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote]There was absolutely nothing wrong with Kelly Marie Tran but the ridiculous, racist reaction to her just showed the asses of psycho Star Wars fans and it really cast a pall over the entire series.

There was nothing wrong with the actress or her portrayal of the character as written.

The problem was that the character as written was useless to the story, had zero character development, and was poorly conceived simply to insert an Asian woman into the story.

by Anonymousreply 49July 4, 2020 1:03 PM

Tran's character was nothing more than a fangirl stand-in. It had nothing to do with th estory.

by Anonymousreply 50July 4, 2020 1:05 PM

Anna Diop from Teen Titans faced similar racist attacks as Kelly Marie Tran and John Boyega.

People are garbage.

by Anonymousreply 51July 4, 2020 1:07 PM

*Titans not Teen Titans

by Anonymousreply 52July 4, 2020 1:08 PM

R12 Boyega is an entitled asshole who should be grateful he's a fucking multimillionaire actor. God these boys real piss me off - they spit on of the plate out which they eat

by Anonymousreply 53July 4, 2020 1:09 PM

Tran is a dumbshit g00k drama whore who realized her five minutes of fame gave her a soapbox. She has SJW Munchausen by-proxy. She's a fucking joke and in a fair world she'd be taking your order at a fucking Chinese restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 54July 4, 2020 1:09 PM

R54 OMG you’re right - she’s a terrible actress and just plain ugly. She looks like a fucking toad

by Anonymousreply 55July 4, 2020 1:11 PM

R53 R54

Major racist troll. These are your only posts. Stop creating accounts spreading hatred, racism, and division.

by Anonymousreply 56July 4, 2020 1:16 PM

R56 = KM Tran

by Anonymousreply 57July 4, 2020 1:17 PM

Ignored the racist troll. DataLounge needs to change. These trolls shouldn’t be allowed to continue their reign on this forum.

by Anonymousreply 58July 4, 2020 1:21 PM

R58 = triggered mid-50s unfuckable fatass frau smelling of catpiss. Go back to Jezebel, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 59July 4, 2020 1:23 PM

R58 no one wants you here you ugly fat fuck Frau

by Anonymousreply 60July 4, 2020 1:25 PM

Even Helen Keller could've seen that Tran's character was shoehorned into the movie to score more diversity points and to be a fangirl stand-in. Totally unnecessary in a series of movies that already had enough problems.

by Anonymousreply 61July 4, 2020 1:26 PM

It was bad enough that Finn and Poe had to be straight, but to make Finn's love interest some creature named Rose Tico just added insult to injury.

by Anonymousreply 62July 4, 2020 1:34 PM

R62 maybe Poe couldn't get past Finn's biscuit lips

by Anonymousreply 63July 4, 2020 1:35 PM

R63 oh my

by Anonymousreply 64July 4, 2020 1:39 PM

Rose Taco beats out Jar Jar as worst Star Wars character with more than 5 lines.

by Anonymousreply 65July 4, 2020 1:42 PM

R65 mos def, bro.

by Anonymousreply 66July 4, 2020 1:43 PM

OP, Doomock is a proven fake cirtually everything he's said about his behind the scenes knowledge of Star Wars and Star Trek has never come to pass.

by Anonymousreply 67July 4, 2020 1:49 PM

R67 mos def bro

by Anonymousreply 68July 4, 2020 1:54 PM

This is sad boyz fan boyz bullshit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 4, 2020 1:57 PM

r46 = Gratuitous, Contrarian Trollbait

Devil's Sadvocate

by Anonymousreply 70July 4, 2020 5:11 PM

r54 = r55, racist shitstain, right-wing troll predictably W&W'ing his own posts immediately and talking to itself between sock puppet accounts.

F&F!

by Anonymousreply 71July 4, 2020 5:18 PM

Most fans are done with the SW franchise having anything to do with Kathy Kennedy. People attack her and blame her for bushing her vagine agenda well fuck dat. George Lucas installed her when he sold his company so everything she does is ultimately Lucas' fault.

by Anonymousreply 72July 18, 2020 1:59 AM

Lucas' fault? They made up the fucking trilogy as they went along. Lucas had nothing to do with that. I still can't believe that a franchise as important as the next installment of the Star Wars trilogy didn't have a set-in-stone story arc for all three films before the first one even started filming.

by Anonymousreply 73July 18, 2020 2:22 AM

Of course it is Lucas' fault. He installed Kathy and she did what she was supposed to do. Lucas destroyed his own franchise. He is 100% to blame.

by Anonymousreply 74July 18, 2020 2:37 AM

He didn't know what the game plan was when he signed it over.

by Anonymousreply 75July 18, 2020 2:56 AM

Lucas' departure from the Star Wars franchise, was the best thing that ever happened to it.

Everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 76July 18, 2020 2:59 AM

Star Wars was great when it was a trilogy. George Lucas fucking with the originals, the bad prequels/sequels/spinoffs, the insane merchandising, and the loony fans collectively ruined Star Wars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 18, 2020 3:14 AM

All these new ABY films bore the shit out of me, as an Old Republic fan. I want to see fresh retellings about Revan & Odann-Urr, the Schism, the Great Sith War, etc. There’s so much incredible canon backstory that has not been mined for screen yet. Just the day-to-day of the old Jedi & Sith orders is cool and fascinating to me, more than TIE-fighters, the Empire’s ruins, wangsty lightsaber fights, endless bounty-hunting...

At least we have some decent games & books set in the pre-prequel Era, but really it’s tiring seeing movie release after release focused on the Rebellion, or the Clone Wars, or the New Jedi and the Skywalker/Solo/whatever lineage. As a kid of the ‘90s I find it hard to give a fuck about the time from the Republic onwards, and that shouldn’t be a shameful choice any more than a little kid of now not wanting to watch or acknowledge the original or the prequel films.

Fanboys are relentless in shitting on anyone talking about the now-discarded old canon, though. It’s sad to toss out all that potential and all that history - years of hard work and creativity from underpaid writers and artists - just because some sensitive damaged Gen X’rs got their feelings hurt over the prequel films.

by Anonymousreply 78August 5, 2020 4:12 PM

The sage films episodes 1-9 will never be remade. Move on, demented conspiracy-theory fanboys.

by Anonymousreply 79August 5, 2020 4:31 PM

Regarding the theme park land being built to suit episodes 7-9, that was a Bob Iger decision, and he’s basically checked out. It wouldn’t take much to retool them.

Nothing from the sequel trilogy seemed to make much of a lasting impact on pop culture, aside from how divisive it became.

I doubt they’re selling many Kylo Ren toys these days, and merchandising is the only reason Disney wanted Star Wars in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 80August 5, 2020 5:11 PM

R49 see, I’ve never understood the argument about racial representation when it comes to SW. It’s a mythological world populated by hundreds of alien species, half of them variant humanoids. Crying about a lack of Asian women or Black men on screen is totally disingenuous when you have Jabbas & Greedos & Wattos & whatever the fuck Sebulba was wandering around the galaxy.

Anyone can see a caricature if they squint and reach hard enough. Fact is, these characters are futuristic otherworldly aliens and normal prejudices should not apply derogatively or affirmatively.

STAR TREK never had this issue. How come?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81August 5, 2020 6:18 PM

Because Star Trek was diverse from the very beginning?...

by Anonymousreply 82August 5, 2020 6:24 PM

Is Kelly Marie Tran is Asian Nikki Blonsky?

by Anonymousreply 83August 5, 2020 6:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!