Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

This is the End of Days, right?

I used to be religious but haven’t set foot in a church in years. I can’t help but think that we are in the beginning of the End of Days. The Australian fires, the pandemic, riots, locusts (we had them here in Vegas earlier this year), and surely famine is right around the corner. Trump is obviously the Antichrist, having brought America to its knees. This is it, right? The End? Am I missing anything? What comes after the Antichrist?

by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2020 2:07 PM

Again?

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 12:32 PM

MARY OP!!!

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 12:33 PM

Yes, you're missing quite a bit, for starters, critical thinking and a fact based reality.

Although, I FULLY support self-rapturing ASAP, for the true believers.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 12:54 PM

OP you're missing the number of the beast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 1:11 PM

Here’s an interpretation of the “mark of the beast.”

It says that 666 was wrongly translated and it was actually 616. Also, it says the prophecy referred to Nero, and since his face was printed on coins, it was impossible to buy or sell without him.

Having said all that, as a totally unreligious person, if a Trump isn’t the AntiChrist, I don’t know who is.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 1:37 PM

My 86-year-old aunt thinks so -- but then again, she's a Jehovah's Witness.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 1:42 PM

mark of the beast = MAGA displayed across their foreheads

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 1:51 PM

it's only the end of days for some.

The end days don't come until after there are 1,000 years of peace.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 1:58 PM

OP, I live in Vegas...when were the locusts here?

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 1:58 PM

actually the locusts are just starting in Africa and they think they will come here.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 2:01 PM

[quote]if a Trump isn’t the AntiChrist, I don’t know who is.

Trump is possibly the most un-Christlike human being to have ever lived. It is no wonder he has the support of the Rapture crowd, as his arrival is clearly a sign of the coming Apocalypse.

[quote]In the Book of Revelation, seven trumpets are sounded, one at a time, to cue apocalyptic events seen by John of Patmos (Revelation 1:9) in his vision (Revelation 1:1).

Hmmm, maybe people have had it wrong the entire time. Maybe it isn't the sound of "trumpets" as a signal of apocalyptic events, but the sound of "Trump-ettes"?

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 2:02 PM

I can think of a few people more evil than Trump........Epstein comes to mind..........

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 2:13 PM

If it is, I'm totally taking up smoking again!

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 2:20 PM

"What comes after the Antichrist?"

Wine and light refreshments in the lobby.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote]I can think of a few people more evil than Trump........Epstein comes to mind..........

Parallel levels.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 2:27 PM

If you see Sarah Jessica Parker riding in on Mr. Ed, you only need two more horsemen for the Apocalypse to begin.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 2:30 PM

If you want point to clues in the Bible, then you also have to consider Matthew 24:36 and what Christ says there about the end of times: “But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 2:33 PM

Hmmmm. I’m no Xtian, but I’ve read my PARADISE LOST. Surely DT spiritually-speaking is more of a Mammon or Baal than anything; he doesn’t have the presence or the capacity or the fearsome authority of a higher demon, and seems only pathetic clacking and waddling around in his drooling all-consuming greed.

Again, knowing very little about Xtian lore and all its culty malice, I would assume the Antichrist is more like a ferocious, bloodthirsty avenging angel type of figure - perhaps not even a person and more of a concept or an ideal.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote]“But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.”

I'm sure I saw a Post-It somewhere on his desk with the date

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 2:37 PM

Trump's worse than Epstein, who was a rich pervert, but his crimes were mostly at the expense of individuals.

Trump's a rich pervert who's also single-handedly trashing the most successful experiment in democratic governance in the history of the world.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 2:39 PM

r20 huh? Trump isn't worse then Epstein. Trump is evil but doesn't know it and only worships himself. Epstein was evil and knew exactly what he was doing and who he worshiped.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:50 PM

Dear OP,

if you look for the devil, the devil will find you.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:54 PM

tRUMP is a racist, evil pig. Just a reminder. His goal is chaos and destruction of this beautiful country.

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 2:55 PM

OP: Yep! Everyone else will see.🙏

by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 2:55 PM

No OP.

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 2:58 PM

The thing that pisses me off the most about Bible thumpers is their selective quoting of the Bible, they love to quote the part they like and leave out the part they don't.

[quote] Matthew 24:36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

I don't believe in the Bible but if you do, then believe in it all, not just the parts you want to.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 2:58 PM

No way Trump is the Anti-Christ. The Anti-Christ will be adored by most people. As we see, most people abhor him. Still, he is a major deceiver, just not the "great deceiver". Trump is just a distraction from what the Anti-Christ will be.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 2:59 PM

There was a joke that you'd hear trumpets when the anti-Christ made his rise to power, hence "Trump-Pence".

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 3:00 PM

Trump is the deadly sins (to the extreme) all wrapped up in one person: pride, envy, gluttony, greed, lust, sloth, and wrath.

Antichrist/beast matches him!

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 3:01 PM

HORNY MURDER BEES!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 3:05 PM

R9, there were swarms of locusts on the Strip in 2019. There’s a bunch of YouTube videos dated 11 months ago. There was a milder version this spring.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 3:07 PM

R30, killer bees, murder hornets.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 3:08 PM

Seven trumpets sounding in Revelation

Seven Trumps - Donald, Melania, Barron, Don, Eric, Ivanka, Tiffany

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 3:12 PM

I’ll never understand this level of religiosity. The bible is a load of fairytales. The fevered ramblings if Bedouin shepherds from millennia ago should not hold this kind of power over people in the 21st century. It’s fucking madness.

OP, you’re seeing late-stage Capitalism crumbling under the weight of white supremacy, simultaneously with an entirely preventable pandemic and an extinction-level ecological disaster that we’ve been warned about for over half a century. Put your fucking bible away and get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 34June 30, 2020 3:14 PM

Hang on, so Oprah isn't the Anti-Christ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 30, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]The Anti-Christ will be adored by most people.

Nope, no adoration here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 30, 2020 3:18 PM

R34: In time, you will see!🙏

by Anonymousreply 37June 30, 2020 3:23 PM

If by God, you mean the higher dimensional being that is running a computer simulation (more likely), then yes there is a "creator". But if you mean God like any of the religion nonsense that humans have been creating because they were either too stupid to know better or needed allegorical control of society, then no -there isn't one. And the Rapture / Revelations bullshit is exactly that - bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 38June 30, 2020 3:29 PM

New York City had hail yesterday. Just awaiting the frogs and locusts.

by Anonymousreply 39June 30, 2020 3:34 PM

God and the Universe are one and the same

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 30, 2020 3:38 PM

Meh. There is a pandemic but it's not so awful in many countries and life is pretty good in many countries. USA is in a shitty situation. Has turned into a nation of banshee trolls - nothing can get done.

by Anonymousreply 41June 30, 2020 3:40 PM

You have the 666 616 bit wrong, rwhatever. Its not a translation issue. Revelation was written in Greek and like Latin Greek used letters for numbers. Different copies of the book have either number because Nero's name could be either Nero (616) or Neron (666).

by Anonymousreply 42June 30, 2020 3:43 PM

R40 thanks ever so for that, Mr. Sim😒

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 30, 2020 3:44 PM

R38 is so angry and wrong, but no need arguing - everyone will be forced to believe, in time...

by Anonymousreply 44June 30, 2020 3:46 PM

The real truth is that no matter what name this higher spirit, some call God, is given - there is always a footnote that explains that each person is part of that higher spirit.

Then in old tribal beliefs, like in modern New Age philosophies, there is the belief in a personal spirit guide (or spirit animal) communicating with you and giving you some sort of hands on guidance to tell you which path to follow.

What it comes down to is that our search for a higher power, and guidance, is really an internal process instead of one where we are supposed to follow some total stranger, claiming to know all the answers, telling us that whatever we do is wrong and sinful and we should do what he says and obey his orders without question.

by Anonymousreply 45June 30, 2020 3:49 PM

No. Shut up, Protestant fundie.

by Anonymousreply 46June 30, 2020 3:55 PM

In the ancient times the common folk was kept deliberately from knowledge and education so the Christian Church's representatives could use the masses for their own, and the Church's, benefit. Same goes with other religions like the Islam.

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2020 3:58 PM

Trump could be a horseman of the apocalypse.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2020 4:43 PM

R48: Yep!

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 4:46 PM

r48, I'd pity that horse.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 4:46 PM

Trump is the Horseman of the Bone Spurs. They don't shoot the horse. They shoot the rider.

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 5:03 PM

r51. That would actually be a cool twist in some fantasy or horror movie, where the important players are the horses and not their riders.

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 5:10 PM

Greek and Roman mythology offer much better lessons for life than the Bible. You're much better off following the words of Zeus than a bunch of silly Jewish prophets.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 5:19 PM

You mean we should be like Zeus and rape anyone we please and not follow the Jewish prophets who told us to love each other and take care of the poor, widows, orphans, and strangers?

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 5:32 PM

[quote]rape anyone we please

Yes. And when you're a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy. You can do anything.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 5:44 PM

"The dead rising from the grave!" ....."Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!"

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 8:05 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2020 4:56 PM

It's times like this that I wish my grandmother were still alive. She'd pull out her Nostradamus and stack of Weekly World News back issues and give us the answer.

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote] R22: if you look for the devil, the devil will find you.

If you are the only living soul in the house, and you look in a mirror at midnight, you see the devil! Don’t try it!

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2020 5:08 PM

Otto Friedrich wrote a book called "The End Of The World". It's a history of when people thought it was the end of the world. It's a good read and well researched. Trust me we aren't even close.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2020 5:19 PM

r52 "Paging Mr. Swift, Mr. Jonathan Swift, please. Paging Mr. Swift....."

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2020 5:31 PM

"Oooh, me life flashed before me eyes! (beat) It was really borin'."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 1, 2020 1:22 PM

Since they were making stuff up anyway they should have put this part in the Bible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 1, 2020 1:38 PM

Oh! We invented Post-Its R19!

by Anonymousreply 64November 1, 2020 1:41 PM

OP, Google the Gates Foundation and and read a bit about the state of our world and our ability to make it better- data driven analysis.

by Anonymousreply 65November 1, 2020 1:47 PM

It is probably the end of the American experiment. The planet, not so much. She's been through much worse...several times.

by Anonymousreply 66November 1, 2020 1:50 PM

OP, make up your fucking mind. Are you with us, as in we're doing our best to hang on, or are you a rat deserting the ship as it's tossed by a storm? I don't need defeatism right now, you're letting the side down, you know.

by Anonymousreply 67November 1, 2020 1:53 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 1, 2020 2:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!