Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Chinese scientists discover swine flu virus with potential to mutate and infect humans causing new pandemic.

A new strain of flu that has the potential to become a pandemic has been identified in China by scientists.

It emerged recently and is carried by pigs, but can infect humans, they say.

The researchers are concerned that it could mutate further so that it can spread easily from person to person, and trigger a global outbreak.

While it is not an immediate problem, they say, it has "all the hallmarks" of being highly adapted to infect humans and needs close monitoring.

As it's new, people could have little or no immunity to the virus.

The scientists write in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that measures to control the virus in pigs, and the close monitoring of swine industry workers, should be swiftly implemented.

Read on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 3:27 PM

So - when are they releasing this to the public?

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 7:15 AM

“Discover”???

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 7:31 AM

I think that China needs to take a break from “identifying and studying new viruses” for a while....

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 7:41 AM

These things show up constantly. People are just aware now.

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 7:41 AM

We are our own worst enemy. We shouldn't mistreat animals and the environment. They do tend to push back.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 10:07 AM

I don't trust anything coming out of mainland China. Why would they be so 'helpful' now.

It's to stoke fear in the rest of the world, that still isn't over this current pandemic. Maybe even to position themselves aa the vanguard against future pandemics.

The Chinese Communist Party is hellbent on nothing short pf world domination. All of their actions should be viewed through this prism.

Bring back the ROC!

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 10:30 AM

China. Cotinuing to give and give and give agin.....

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 10:45 AM

Ancient Chinese secret

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 12:09 PM

R6 I think the article is nothing more than bullshit being feed out by China. The rest of the world is really pissed about COVID-19 and the fact that China was not open and honest about the virus.

I suspect China is also shit scared of what the rest of the world is going to do. And I'll tell you what we'll all do.

We will over the next few years withdraw from China. Companies including the big multinationals will move their production sweat shops from China to other countries and diversify their holdings. The world will slowly withdraw without actually saying anything specific to China but it will be a big collective fuck you to the Chinese Government.

I feel sorry for the Chinese people but I think the best thing everybody can do is boycott any products made in China. Yes, that may mean paying more but China needs payback and economically is the only way we can. Countries should also slowly reduce selling anything and everything to China - trade amongst each other and leave China out. They fucking deserve it.

Not only have they cost hundreds of thousands of people to lose their lives (with probably millions more to follow) they have fucked up the worldwide economy and every single person on the planet is going to stuffer from some degree because of that. With any luck the Chinese people will rise up against that fucking vile regime.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 2:48 PM

Not "Discover."

"CREATE."

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 2:54 PM

Let’s blow china off the face of the map.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 3:04 PM

OP, why did you insist on posting a picture of the President behind bars? What is this, satire?

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 3:13 PM

[quote]We will over the next few years withdraw from China. Companies including the big multinationals will move their production sweat shops from China to other countries and diversify their holdings.

We are also going to need some of that production and manufacturing BACK in the U.S., so we can put Americans back to work since our restaurant industry is collapsing..

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 3:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!