Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Peanut Butter

What in the Hell are they putting in it these days that I've become addicted to the stuff!

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2020 9:23 PM

sugar. there’s more sugar in it now

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 2:28 AM

Cocaine

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 2:29 AM

Maybe it's what they're not putting in it if you've been buying a good brand that is nothing but peanuts and salt. Even better if it's organic and best of all if you can find one that's made from Valencia peanuts. That is truly addicting, just the taste of the peanuts really comes through.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 2:30 AM

Won't somebody please think about the children with peanut allergies!

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 2:35 AM

The best peanut butter is the white chocolate wonderful peanut butter from peanut butter and co. Its fucking delicious - especially if you get one that is a bit oily.

And I am NOT a white chocolate fan.

(get a tablespoon of it and heat in microwave for 10 seconds and it almost liquifies and it's awesome)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 2:39 AM

That sounds revolting, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 2:44 AM

I’m going grocery shopping tomorrow, and peanut butter is on my list. I’ll look for it R5. Sounds yummy.

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 3:26 AM

This is my brand. No sugar added, just peanuts and salt. It's soooooo good. I mostly just eat it plain out of the jar, occasionally will spread it on banana, apple or carrot slices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 3:40 AM

r6

Agreed

r8

Why don't you just eat peanuts? Can't your dentures handle it?

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 3:45 AM

I'm going to look for the stuff with white chocolate, that sounds good. I like the kind that has honey in it too. Sometimes I feel like there could be cocaine in some of them. I crave the stuff.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 5:15 AM

Op, then do NOT try Trader Joe’s cookie butter with the yellow top. It’ll be over.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 5:53 AM

The Smuckers PB must have added peanut oil because it is spreadable, I have had it. They are probably allowed to to add it because, well , it's from peanuts. I have had just ground peanuts and it was so thick you could not swallow it, look at the fat content, that is far too much just to be from ground peanuts.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 5:56 AM

I can't have it in the house or I'd eat it by the tablespoon-full. Just regular JIF Creamy for me, not the fancy stir shit.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 5:59 AM

Cum. The cum of seventeen-year-old boys.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 7:19 AM

OK, I've seen that cookie butter stuff. It's really that good?

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 9:35 AM

R6 You sound unattractive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 12:22 PM

My grandmother used to buy Sultana peanut butter. I always thought it came in a jar shaped like a fish bowl but I can't find an image online.

Anyway, she would give my sister and I each a spoon and that jar of peanut. Then she'd let us go to town! To this day, I love peanut butter with a spoon. Like a peanut butter lollipop.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 1:52 PM

I just made chocolate fudge peanut butter brownies and they were delicious but I had to add powered sugar to the peanut butter which made it even better. (really too much sugar but who cares)

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 1:55 PM

R18 that sounds soooo good.

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 2:03 PM

Penis Butter

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote] best of all if you can find one that's made from Valencia peanuts.

*slowly hyperventilating*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:29 PM

Fix & Fogg is my favourite... I like it on apples and pears. Not really keen on it as a sandwich. This is appropriate being made in the States now, so hopefully the price shall go down.

My other "average" fave is Simply Ground, I'll make a link for it as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:55 PM

^ apparently being made...

by Anonymousreply 23June 30, 2020 2:56 PM

DL snobs shall shriek for sure, as it is a Peter Pan variety, and ConAgra doesn't have a sterling reputation as a food company, but this stuff is in a class by itself. It's the only PB which isn't really sticky.

I like the honey roasted crunch version. The peanut chunks are very finely ground.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 30, 2020 3:01 PM

Yes r15 even better than pb. Insane with apple slices

by Anonymousreply 25June 30, 2020 3:14 PM

Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter is perfection.

by Anonymousreply 26June 30, 2020 3:34 PM

That all-natural stuff isn't spreadable. It's like eating cement.

by Anonymousreply 27June 30, 2020 3:40 PM

[quote]Anyway, she would give my sister and I each a spoon and that jar of peanut. Then she'd let us go to town!

That sounds very unsanitary.

by Anonymousreply 28June 30, 2020 4:26 PM

How do we feel about other nut butters? I've tried almond, cashew, walnut, and macadamia. Never seen pecan. I don't like hazelnuts so I wouldn't try that.

by Anonymousreply 29June 30, 2020 5:07 PM

That sounds very unsanitary. So does eating ass but it seems popular around here.

by Anonymousreply 30June 30, 2020 8:50 PM

I keep my Smuckers Natural in the pantry rather than the fridge, r27. I agree the fridge makes it too hard, but It's got enough oil that it keeps for a good 3-4 weeks without refrigeration. And that's about how long it takes me to go through a jar.

by Anonymousreply 31June 30, 2020 9:01 PM

I have tried a couple of brands of almond butter and I'm always left wondering why they don't add a small amount of salt to bring up the flavor. All of them had a bit of a wallpaper paste taste. Very bland.

Cashews aren't nuts.

by Anonymousreply 32June 30, 2020 10:46 PM

r32 Neither are peanuts, so what's your point?

by Anonymousreply 33June 30, 2020 11:27 PM

R4 I think of them all the time! Turning red, writhing about on the floor, gasping for breath, swelling and bloating while their Karen mother and father look on helplessly, eventually succumbing while their flushed faces turn pasty white and they heave one, final breath. So peaceful, at last. So Karen-less.

by Anonymousreply 34July 1, 2020 12:57 AM

My point was that someone asked about "Other nut butters" and mentioned cashews as one of those "Other nuts". Cashews are not nuts. Ok?

by Anonymousreply 35July 1, 2020 6:22 AM

I like to buy the fresh stuff directly from the machine at Whole Foods. You scoop some peanuts into the top, and you press a button. Then you grab a plastic bowl and catch the resulting peanut butter that the machine shits out. It's so soft and fluffy at that point.

by Anonymousreply 36July 1, 2020 6:36 AM

R28, I hate to break it to you but your Mom probably tasted foods as they were cooking. I'm betting she didn't use a separate spoon every time she tasted a sauce or gravy!

LOL, R30!

by Anonymousreply 37July 1, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] I hate to break it to you but your Mom probably tasted foods as they were cooking. I'm betting she didn't use a separate spoon every time she tasted a sauce or gravy!

Actually, she made it a point to use a clean spoon to taste anything she was cooking. She would point that out to us.

by Anonymousreply 38July 1, 2020 4:27 PM

R37

My mother wasn't a savage

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2020 2:21 AM

Fine, R28/R37. You win. I'm 58, healthy, and still alive. Yes, I ate peanut butter from a spoon directly from a jar with my sister. Yes, my grandmother made sandwiches for us with peanut butter from that jar.

When my Mom made her from-scratch spaghetti sauce, we kids tasted it FROM THE SAME WOODEN SPOON! We all survived.

I'm glad your mother was so . . . sterile.

by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2020 12:50 PM

Smuckers Natural is great, but my go-to is the Whole Foods 365 creamy. The Kirkland natural pb at Costco is also pretty good.

Among other nut butters, this is my favorite:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2020 12:56 PM

r41 Yeah, I like that Maple stuff, too. I just bought some Good and Gather (Target's new store brand) Honey Almond and Dark Chocolate Almond butters. Haven't tried them yet.

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2020 9:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!