Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Broadway Will Officially Remain Closed Through 2020

Broadway Theatres Extend Ticket Refunds and Exchanges through January 3, 2021. Tickets For Early 2021 To Go On Sale In Coming Weeks

"The Broadway experience can be deeply personal but it is also, crucially, communal," said Chairman of the Board of The Broadway League Thomas Schumacher. "The alchemy of 1000 strangers bonding into a single audience fueling each performer on stage and behind the scenes will be possible again when Broadway theatres can safely host full houses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 6:38 AM

Follies forever!

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 11:45 PM

I can deal with all this virus inconvenience; however, the one thing I do miss (and there isn't much), is the theatre. It's one of the things that brings me a lot of joy, makes me think and allows a community of people to share a stimulating experience.

It's not just Broadway, it's regional theatres all over the country. This is devastating the arts and entertainment industry, which by the way also brings a lot of money into a city, town, etc. when you add it to all the associated businesses that survive because of the arts including, restaurants, hotels, tourism, etc.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 12:18 AM

Sad. The industry is being decimated.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 6:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!