Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Gosling and Rachel Mcadams. What was that about?

No we haven't travelled back into the past but I saw the eurovision film with rachel and it got me thinking there are still "mcgosling" fans all over the net. I didn't even realise rachel had a boyfriend for years and has a kid! And we know Ryan and Eva.

I think they're more insane than robston fans. So I wasn't here for all the tea at the time and would like to know the deal with these two.

Was it a real love story? Still in love? People still dying for them to get back together. I didn't really like the notebook. Noah was a manipulative jerk. And I can't stand gosling in real life! I just don't get it! Can understand how or why he would be the ONE for her. Feel bad for her partner and Eva.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2020 4:05 AM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 1June 30, 2020 12:19 AM

I liked Eurovision Song Contest. It was funny and sweet.

by Anonymousreply 2June 30, 2020 2:00 AM

It was the Canadian Connection.

by Anonymousreply 3June 30, 2020 2:01 AM

Lesbo and homo. It was all aboot that Canadian bearding, eh?

by Anonymousreply 4June 30, 2020 2:02 AM

It was a brief showbiz relationship that appeared to have ended quite amicably. Nothing dramatic. The obsessive fans fixate on them because they see Mcadams and Gosling as their characters in The Notebook.

by Anonymousreply 5June 30, 2020 2:31 AM

Mcadams isn't a beard. She dumped Michael Sheen because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 6June 30, 2020 2:33 AM

Some people takes the romantic couples from their favorite movies way to serious. Like the crazy people who stalk Armie Hammer because they think he belongs with Chalamet just because they fucked in a movie. "The notebook" is the ultimate chick movie

by Anonymousreply 7June 30, 2020 3:13 AM

How does Michael Sheen get all these gorgeous women? He seems like a complete asshole in addition to looking like a hobo. Is he that good in bed?

You can't deny, Gosling and McAdams had amazing chemistry in The Notebook.

They really should do another movie together. Something completely opposite The Notebook. I liked it when Leonardo and Kate did Revolutionary Road. That was an excellent film and a complete departure from Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 8June 30, 2020 4:01 AM

I really appreciate Rachel McAdams. And I don’t mind Gosling either.

Word is they did not get along filming The Notebook. Sure there was passion, but it was the “scratch your eyeballs out” -type-passion.

Apparently it was only after filming that they began a relationship.

Now this is speculative gossip, but it is rumored that Rachel became pregnant and this may have been part of the reason for the break-up.

Afterwards, it was reported that she took a “hiatus” from her career. The rumor continues stating she had the child and it was given to a family member to raise.

She now has a child of her own and is apparently over the moon with motherhood. And she is still with the father of the current child: Jamie.

by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 4:01 AM

I feel Rachel's career never took off the way it should have. I know she got an Oscar nomination a few years ago and she works steadily but whenever I think of her, I think of The Notebook and Mean Girls and both are over a decade old now (Mean Girls is well over 15 years).

Wow, that is some Janet Jackson-style baby drama r9.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 4:22 AM

Agreed, R10.

She’s not the Hollywood celebrity type. Shuns social media and avoids the paps.

Her interests lie elsewhere.

While she does enjoy acting, motherhood and her relationship is now her priority. She’s also big into quiet charity and non-profit work.

I actually think, if her current partner was Prince Harry, she would have made a superb Duchess. The real thing.

I don’t know how much validity there is to the rumour I was told. It came from a Canadian in the industry when I lived in Canada.

Will be interesting to see what she does next. She’s incredibly versatile. I look forward to seeing more of her.

I wish Rachel and her family all the very best.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 4:32 AM

True, r11. I do appreciate that she's very private and is low-key. I just feel she's a really strong actress who deserves better roles. I also look forward to what she does next.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 4:50 AM

After The Notebook and Mean Girls, she was declared the new Julia Roberts. She then went on to star in Wedding Crashers, Red Eye, and The Family Stone.

She had a great comeback with Spotlight and getting an Oscar nomination. I appreciate her for not playing the Hollywood game and for balancing work and motherhood.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 4:55 AM

I spat in her mouth in that Jew Lesbian movie!

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 2:29 PM

I like Rachel and she should be the biggest star right now not jennifer Lawrence or Emma Stone. She's also a better person.

I can imagine rachel being bi but don't get a gay vibe from Ryan at all. I just don't like the guy and hope rachel is over him (if it was real) can't find much gossip on them. Only recent that ryan cheats on eva with Emma Stone and Michael sheen cheated on rachel.

Watch eurovision. It will cheer you up and Rachel's moments were moving.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 8:12 PM

I think she had chemistry with Dan stevens. And it was much hotter with jake gyllenhaal in southpaw and real life too. Why are peopl still clinging to squinty ryan.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 1:15 AM

What’s Ryan’s skin color?

by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 2:23 AM

I liked The Notebook, but I'm not dying to see these 2 get back together. It felt like Ryan was everywhere after Crazy Stupid Love came out. But Jessica Simpson confirmed that both Ryan and Justin Timberlake are dickheads.

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 4:47 AM

Just looked that up. Where they had a bet who got to kiss her first right?

by Anonymousreply 19July 1, 2020 8:02 PM

I still think their kiss at some awards show was hotter than hot. They ran into each other's arms, she straddled him in the air & they passionately kissed.

by Anonymousreply 20July 1, 2020 8:08 PM

That's just it. People are holding on that kiss as proof they still belong together.

by Anonymousreply 21July 1, 2020 8:18 PM

R21

I'm not saying they belong together at all. I think they had something like a 2 year relationship that ran its course & they moved on. I was just saying that kiss at that award's show was firing hot. They were obviously together at that point. I can't remember what show it was but I remember that kiss.

by Anonymousreply 22July 1, 2020 8:24 PM

I remember reading somewhere that when asked why he and Rachel broke up he joked he wasn’t sure what happened but that they both went down swinging. So there probably wasn’t anything dramatic about it other than they just didn’t get along.

by Anonymousreply 23July 1, 2020 9:12 PM

R22 oh I didn't meant you. Just around the the internet. Tumblr etc.

by Anonymousreply 24July 1, 2020 9:18 PM

She’s great. Her Regina George is iconic and for that I’ll always root for her. Though she does have that weird controversy with her actual bday. 1976 or 1978? It’s 76 but she changed it to 78.

by Anonymousreply 25July 1, 2020 9:19 PM

R19 yes.

R22 I'm pretty sure it was the MTV Awards.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2020 4:05 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!