Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

RSPCA appeal after woman 'kicks out at mating swans' and intervening onlooker is pushed into canal

The RSPCA is appealing for information after a woman allegedly kicked out at a pair of mating swans and an intervening onlooker was pushed into a canal.

The Metropolitan Police are investigating the incident in Limehouse, east London, on Friday.

Footage captured on video and published on Twitter shows the woman climbing down railings and stretching out her leg at the animals in the water.

A group of young people continue to follow the swans around the edge of the canal, before an onlooker carrying a pole tries to intervene.

But while he is remonstrating with the group, a younger man in a blue T-shirt and a baseball cap walks over and shoves the onlooker into the canal.

The man in the baseball cap then flees the scene on a scooter while shouting obscenities at the onlooker, who is still in the water.

The group of young people, including the woman who allegedly kicked out at the swans, then walk away.

In a tweet, the RSPCA said: “We are urging anyone with information about these individuals to contact us on 0300 1234 999.”

Commenting on the video, published by Twitter user @witzhappening, Detective Superintendent Andy Cox tweeted: “Awful viewing.

“Animal cruelty is an indicator of many other vile behaviours and a tendency towards other forms of violence.

“The assault and anti-social behaviour needs our action.”

A spokesman for the Metropolitan Police said on Monday they are investigating the incident and no arrests have been made.

The force said: “At approximately 14:15hrs on Saturday, 27 June, police received a third party report of a man assaulted in Limehouse Basin, E14.

“Enquiries into the incident, including to identify those involved, continue.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 3:25 AM

What is happening to young British people?

Why are they so fucking trashy now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 10:23 PM

What the fuck is that about?

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 10:25 PM

While I get it, I kind of hate that animal cruelty pleas now always refer to the indications of potential future violence. I wish they would just state the obvious: Animals are innocent and feel pain so if you abuse or hurt an animal, you are an asshole who deserves jail time.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 10:27 PM

Vile behavior. I hope they're punished.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 10:28 PM

Little thugs the lot of them!

Cruelty to animals...absolute bums!

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 10:29 PM

Chavs and Slags.

Stay classy, Britain.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 10:30 PM

I hate to say it, but I also regard Brits as trash now. I grew up thinking they are “fancy,” but my study abroad at Cambridge University showed me they are loud drunks in a way I have seen individually at bars or parties in the US but not collectively the way I saw there. And a trip to Amsterdam sealed the deal on that trip. Loud, drunk young British bros were always floating down the canal or coming around a corner making noise and screaming out profanities.

My Dutch friend told me that people in Amsterdam loathe British tourists and that drunk Brits semi-regularly drown in the canals.

Sad legacy for the empire.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 10:34 PM

No hope for humanity.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 10:35 PM

R3 don’t think there’s enough space in existing prisons for everyone that eats meat.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 11:05 PM

What exactly was her motivation for harming the swans, boredom? British animal rights activists are no joke. They once kidnapped a journalist and branded him with a hot iron.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] What exactly was her motivation for harming the swans

Just being a dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 4:21 PM

I know how beautiful swans are but in fact they are some of the nastiest and most vicious animals around, right up there with peacocks and billy goats. Don't ever try to get close to one. They will attack.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 4:27 PM

The UK has been exporting trashy, deplorable tourists around the world for some time, but now the Brits can see how trashy and deplorable their own people really are when they are stuck at home. The Brits and the Chinese are in the top spot for the most deplorable tourists in the world.

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 5:53 PM

This being the UK, where teenagers can punch the elderly to death and get 2 year suspended sentence for cruel murder, it's safe to assume nothing will happen. Even locals are commenting on twitter that the RSPCA couldn't bring themselves to prosecute a man who was caught murdering a fox and admitted to it, so.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 6:48 PM

R14 there are people whose deaths are not being properly investigated / prosecuted and you’re concerned about a fox? Do you occasionally get sad all of a sudden when you’re caught off guard, thinking about how the fox or it’s loved ones or these ‘locals’ never got the justice they deserve? For that matter is it even possible to ‘murder’ an animal? Is it premeditated? Do you know did he go out with the intention of murdering the fox?

by Anonymousreply 15July 1, 2020 1:57 AM

That's not even close to what I said, but since your response shows me you're a fucking moron who can't interpret a simple response I'll just ignore you R15.

by Anonymousreply 16July 1, 2020 3:13 AM

WTH do people of London have against swans?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17July 1, 2020 3:17 AM

R16 come on don’t get upset I was only teasing! Couldn’t help myself, it was that perfect mix of hysteria and poor use of English. Or, as you would put it “...poor use of English, so.”

by Anonymousreply 18July 1, 2020 3:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!