Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Prince Harry Is Reportedly "Overwhelmed With Guilt" About Moving Away from the Royal Family

Prince Harry is reportedly struggling with his new life in Los Angeles.

According to Andy Tillett and Dylan Howard, the authors of Royals At War: The Inside Story of Harry and Meghan’s Shocking Split With the House of Windsor, adjusting to life in the states hasn't been as easy as Harry initially anticipated.

The difficulties Harry is facing with the move seem to be due, in large part, to the coronavirus, which his the U.S. right as Harry and his wife, Meghan Markle, were relocating from their temporary home in Canada to her home state of California. Sources close to the royal say the pandemic has reminded Harry that "Charles and the Queen aren't going to be around forever" and he's found it tough to be so far from his family during this time.

"On top of it all, he’s got cabin fever," a source close to Harry said, according to The Sun, who also reports that Harry is "overwhelmed with guilt" about his move.

"It was far from an ideal situation," the source added. "Harry’s gone from feeling excited about the move to feeling secretly tortured."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 278July 12, 2020 8:45 PM

That's what you get for choosing pussy over palace, Spare.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 7:55 PM

Good. It was an asshole thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 7:55 PM

Over these two more than the stupid TikTok posts.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 7:57 PM

If the queen dies during quarantine, he will never get over the guilt.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 7:58 PM

"It's just as well as her Majesty needs the spare room in the underground bunker for her crown and scepter."

~Queen Elizabeth

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 8:01 PM

If the world does make it through this shitstorm, I bet Harry reaches out to his family to negotiate his return, with or without Sparkles.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 8:12 PM

He's finding things difficult only because he can't fly back and forth to the UK without looking like an entitled douche bag

If someone high up should fall ill, howver, special arrangements will allow him to visit and return without issue

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 8:16 PM

You simpletons. Of course, its hard _its a pandemic. Its hard for all. All plausible in the report but leave Meghan? Hardly. You bitches are just jealous you can't have his uncut dong.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 8:24 PM

“Cabin fever” doesn’t sound good.

I’m starting to feel sorry for Meghan Markel - having to deal with Harry 24 hours a day can’t be easy.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 8:30 PM

There is an hilarious commenter on DM named Geneviève Linnea. She writes mini-novellas about Harry's current plight in California.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 8:52 PM

I'm sure the house is bugged. These 2 twits have to be observed at all times.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 8:54 PM

If this is true then his marriage to Meghan Markle is doomed, since inevitably he will grow to resent her as the proximate (if not direct) cause of the move to L.A.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 8:57 PM

But he wouldn't be hanging out with Liza if he stayed. I'd leave my family if I got to hang out with Liza.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 8:58 PM

Send him back.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 8:58 PM

Has Markle Sr visited from Baja?

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 8:58 PM

Divorced within 2 years

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 9:00 PM

Streets of California, streets of Paris....

It all comes to the same thing in the end, I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 9:03 PM

R12 is right.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 9:04 PM

Markle is trying to convince Harry that he'll like surfing. He doesn't know it, but it's just sort of pretend waves in So Cal, but Markle is doing what she can.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 9:10 PM

Does Harry get to take the kid to live back in the UK if/when the split happens?

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 9:11 PM

Harry , you are one whipped pussy boy and a disgrace to The Legacy of your Mum .

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 9:12 PM

R20, not when U. S. courts have jurisdiction over the matter, which they now do.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 9:13 PM

Reportedly, they're hoping to make a million dollars a speech with this new agency with which they have signed. Let's see how many companies are will to pay that amount. One royal biographer recently said for that amount of money, they will have to spill some serious royal tea.

For now, Markle thinks they can talk about social justice, the environment, poverty, etc. At the moment, Markle is leaning heavy into the topic of social justice and minority rights/Black Lives Matter.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 9:17 PM

The utter contempt as the pussy shipped Price can't help much. Even if he wasn't the heir he used to be the golden boy. The hooker CAN'T be that good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 9:20 PM

The ending of that "article" is so milquetoast and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 9:21 PM

[quote]At the moment, Markle is leaning heavy into the topic of social justice and minority rights/Black Lives Matter.

R23. Lady Colin Campbell, who is currently out promoting her book on Harry and Markle, laughed when she was told about Markle's latest social justice cause du jour. Lady C laughed. When ask why she was laughing, Lady C responded by saying, "There isn't a bandwagon on which she (Markle) is not willing to jump."

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 9:22 PM

They are clueless and insufferable to say the least.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 9:56 PM

R24 they look like doorknobs.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 9:58 PM

It would be high drama and good entertainment should H tuck Archie under his arm and flee secretly to the UK via private charter leaving M behind.

But he's a big pussy, so unlikely.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 10:00 PM

Why would anyone want to listen to Harry give a speech? And she's even worse.

Such pointless people.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 10:01 PM

I didn't believe it at first but she really has played him. He must be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 10:02 PM

I expect they regret their timing. They announced back in early January that they were stepping down - and just after that, Western coverage of the coronavirus started to snowball. Then, they made their last official appearance as royals in March, just a week or two before the UK went into lockdown. When they announced that they were leaving, it looked as though it would pan out to be one of the biggest news stories of the year. Instead, it's been largely buried by everything that's happened since.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 10:06 PM

The monarchy is not going to last much longer, Harry was smart to break away. After making the announcement that the BRF was going to downsize they don't seem to have done much toward that end. My guess is that they planned to cut Harry and Meghan out and that's about it.

His fuck you to them was brilliant. And that selfish bitch queen who would rather continue to support all of those useless family members rather than kicking them out and making them learn to fend for themselves deserves what she got from Harry. She abandons the chance to speak up for her countrymen who would be hit hard by Brexit in order to not ruffle feathers lest the people of Britain take aim at the monarchy and demand it abolished.

Fuck her.

Good for Harry getting away from the lunatics.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 10:11 PM

[quote] After making the announcement that the BRF was going to downsize they don't seem to have done much toward that end. My guess is that they planned to cut Harry and Meghan out and that's about it.

I don't think that's true. I suspect Charles wanted to downsize the BRF to himself, Camilla, the Cambridges and the Sussexes. Harry and Meghan were quite an asset, because Harry has always been popular and Meghan is flavour of the month. She was the modern foil to Kate's more traditional role.

I wonder what'll happen in the long term. I doubt Meghan will ever want to return to the UK. I don't think the marriage will last, and I can picture Harry ultimately crawling back to the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Bring Archie back to the UK!

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 10:38 PM

Prince Pussy Whuipped.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote]She abandons the chance to speak up for her countrymen who would be hit hard by Brexit in order to not ruffle feathers lest the people of Britain take aim at the monarchy and demand it abolished.

It is not the Queen's place to comment on politics. Basically she is not allowed to do so by her government. She may well express her thoughts to her Prime Ministers in their private meetings, however no one will ever know that precisely.

The Queen is not a character in a Disney film.

Her Majesty reigns, she does not rule.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 10:58 PM

You made a big mistake Mr Harry Whales.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]He's finding things difficult only because he can't fly back and forth to the UK without looking like an entitled douche bag

And he still probably had to be told about how bad and entitled that would look. Something tells me he wouldn't have been able to deduce that on his own.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 11:25 PM

Prince Andrew should be hung by his balls in Piccadilly Circus.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 11:30 PM

Harry’s like the frog in a pot of boiling water. And instead of admitting it, he’s doubling down.

What an idiot. If he gets out of this alive, I’ll be impressed.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 11:41 PM

R37 is completely right. The Queen would never comment on Brexit - it's not her place. I say this as someone who thinks Brexit will be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 11:43 PM

instead of being able to ramble around any one of a half dozen estates of his family, lands so vast they could walk for hours without bumping into another human being, they’re trapped in a stucco mansion in LA, living in air conditioning instead of the fresh country air that Harry is accustomed to. Instead of ancient threadbare carpets and books, they have Trump style gilding in a rented mansion. Enjoy your avocados and yoga, Megs. This isn’t the life for Harry and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 11:49 PM

The houses they’ve lived in so far have no sense of history or style going for them. Bland luxury.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 11:56 PM

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 11:58 PM

I don't know what to make of all this. Markle is so unappealing to me, and I find it distasteful that she started plotting her escape before she even got married. However, according to recent reports, all this (or at least most of it) was Harry's idea. He's the one who wanted out and has for a long time. Markle wanted out too, but she was at last Harry's convenient escape path.

So yes, he may be overwhelmed and questioning his decision, but it was largely his idea, which sucks since you never really know what you're fully getting into (including marriage) until you're actually in the middle of it. I find them ridiculous that they are going to earn a living speaking about social issues...I mean, who the hell are they and what expertise do they have? But nonetheless, it is kind a bucket of shit in which they find themselves.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 11:59 PM

Charles was setting up the path for Harry to be marginalized in the future. He had argued to minimize the role of the York girls, and it's also rumored that he didn't want Edward's kids to receive titles. He wanted to slim the monarchy down to the heir apparent and his heirs. Which would be great for Harry right now. But where would that leave Harry after Charles dies? It would mean that Harry should instantly be shoved aside, just like Charles wanted to shove aside his own siblings (if his mother ever leaves this planet). So, Harry is kind of jumping ahead of the curve by fleeing.

If Harry has been obsessed with quitting for years, why didn't he do it years go, before he got married, before he had a kid? He couldn't navigate a launch on his own?

by Anonymousreply 47June 30, 2020 12:08 AM

Frau fictions.

r47: Maybe he didn't realize it could be an actual possibility instead of just something to daydream about or maybe he just didn't have the balls to do it until he met her.

by Anonymousreply 48June 30, 2020 12:17 AM

If the BRF were really as cruel to them as the H&M stans keep insisting, every single one of these pity them articles would be followed with a not at all subtle reminder that H&M had the option from day one to be part time or not even royals and expressly chose otherwise for the perks. Harry has had relatives as close as first cousins who are models for non-royal life since his childhood. They did not have to accept the Sussex titles, did not have to have the big fancy princess wedding with the hissyfit over the tiara, and if they didn't accept all the goodies they would not have been expected to comply with all those terrible royal protocols. In fact, there was an option for Meghan to continue her acting career. She declined, and all the while they were planning to try and take the perks and run anyway. If only the BRF were so ruthless, all this garbage PR about them having no choice to run off they way they did and poor Harry is struggling would be met with constant reminders that they are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 12:22 AM

R33 is one of those stupid Americans that knows fuck all about the royal family or Britain but things he's so perceptive although he can only talk utter shit.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 12:34 AM

If Charles were planning to slim down the monarchy, there certainly would have been a place for Harry and Markle. Presumably, Charles will take the throne in the next few years. Liz isn't going to live forever, So that means Charles will be king, and Will and Kate move up a notch. But that also means that Harry and Markle would also move up a notch as far as responsibilities go since Will's kids will still be too young for many more years to come to take over royal roles. As a result, the slimmed down monarchy may still be slimmed down--but not for Harry and Markle. They would play a prominent role for the next 15-20 years until Will's kids are at least 25-30 years old. So Harry and Markle would not be sidelined. They would be highly used for a lot of royal duties--maybe not front and center like Will and Kate--but very prominently visible indeed. I thought that's what Harry and Markle wanted.

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 12:39 AM

Can they please get the fuck out of North America?

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 12:44 AM

R51 what they wanted was to be fellated as the real future of the monarchy at every turn and to pick and choose what they got to do and when. All fun stuff--virtually unlimited clothing and travel funds, the fancy dinners with tiaras and hobnobbing with celebrities and political leaders, choosing their own causes and how/when they take action for them, etc. Absolutely no acknowledgement of their true place in the hierarchy, ever; no boring ribbon cutting type events; no one, not even HM herself, ever vetoing anything they want.

They absolutely could have carved a high profile and highly popular role for themselves in the BRF, but there was no way as Kate and William and their children ascended that H&M would not have had limits put on them as a result. That was just too much to ask for 2 very basic people with limited skills who hilariously think they can sell themselves as changing the world. Now at best they will be the also-rans whose most famous act was squandering an incredibly easy opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 1:02 AM

He's never going to find peace until he denounces her and flees her clutches.

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 1:07 AM

I've never been clear how well-feted Window and his divorcee were by society in general.

Sure, he was a former King. But, he was also not that wealthy, as far as real rich people go, and was reputed to be cheap as hell, expecting people to pay for crap because...failed king and horndog.

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 1:11 AM

R54 stop blaming her--he's never going to find peace, period. He's been a whiny spoiled little bitch for years. Until now though, he's had the BRF's powerful PR to mask his many failings with a Diana's Son narrative. Now he and his equally dim wife are left to their own devices and they just keep digging their own hole.

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 1:12 AM

As William's children get older and enter their young adult years, all the focus will be on them and Harry and Meghan (if they're still married) will be even less relevant. This happens with every generation of Royals. Once William and Harry became young adults, the media attention on Andrew, Fergie and the rest waned considerably.

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2020 1:21 AM

Thanks to Harry, Meghan got her wedding, her fame, her baby with Diana's genes, new A-list friends. There's not really much more he can give her. He's pretty much dead weight to her now.

by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2020 1:31 AM

They could have played very substantial and even glamorous supporting roles within the family. Maybe someone was tired of supporting roles?

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2020 1:35 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2020 1:41 AM

R60 Pretty funny. Reads like 1980s Jackie Collins.

You post here, don’t you, Miss Genevieve?

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2020 1:47 AM

So what would become of 50 year old Harry once the Camb children were old enough to step up? Would he be cut off in another slimming-down effort, since he would be surplus to requirements?

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2020 1:50 AM

R62, if William followed Charles' preferred formula, then Harry would be cut off. Though, if Harry had won over the people with hard work and a positive attitude, then the public would still hold him dear, regardless of his diminished role. (He was on that track a few years ago.)

But who says William woudl have cut off Harry (like Charles wants to do to his siblings)? William would probably want Harry to help carry the load so that his kids would have more time to find themselves before taking on royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2020 1:57 AM

Miss Genevieve can write. Thanks for posting, R60.

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2020 2:04 AM

If it's true that Harry is regretful, it's not surprising. They fucked up, literally, in their case literally. He probably got caught up in the whirlwind of his engagement and marriage to Meghan, and perhaps saw a different future. He grew up in a bubble, and is probably only now realizing how very different his life is outside the royal family. From the media reports it seems that they tried to have it exactly their way, half-in, half-out it was reported, but that didn't fly. I agree that they can be a huge asset to the royal family. I predict there will be some gradual move back to some sort of official capacity for them.

by Anonymousreply 65June 30, 2020 2:08 AM

Not a chance, R65. Maybe, just maybe, Harry can be rehabilitated, but MM is too toxic to ever be allowed back in.

by Anonymousreply 66June 30, 2020 2:16 AM

If Harry gets divorced he'll be welcomed back but no way will Meghan. William can't fucking stand her. In their few public appearances together, William could barely speak to her.

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2020 2:37 AM

He is basically the guy who quit his job and gave up on his pension right before the covid disaster. Plus leaving his country and family to move to the most shallow place on the earth. Of course he fucked up and he know it.

by Anonymousreply 68June 30, 2020 3:02 AM

Agree R67.

Megs has sealed her fate with the BRF. Given her behaviour and Will’s body language/micro expressions in her presence, he is completely over her. And as he is primed for king, he has thus far demonstrated that he is the most Firm in The Firm. He is on to her. And not to be trifled with her ploys.

Meg’s a narcissist. Likely sociopathic too.

Samantha and Tom, Jr. Markle warned everyone.

by Anonymousreply 69June 30, 2020 3:04 AM

Harry’s fucked. I find myself in the curious position of feeling sorry for a royal prince living in a mansion in Southern California.

by Anonymousreply 70June 30, 2020 3:05 AM

r69 what did your sister say about Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 71June 30, 2020 3:08 AM

Yes, R69, do tell....

by Anonymousreply 72June 30, 2020 3:16 AM

[quote] [R69] what did your sister say about Meghan?

R71 / R72 I went into the entire story of Megs and my sister in one of the now defunct Dangling Tendrils thread.

Shorter version, Megs was mean. Cruel. My sister was not part of the “popular crowd” as she was unique growing up: timid, introverted and a swan amidst ugly duckings.

And that’s what Megs was: an ugly duckling. Ugly behaviour all around to those she deemed “less than” and sycophantic behaviour to those she perceived could benefit her: teachers and attractive others.

Ever see the YouTube video her (former bestie) Ninaki filmed of Megs driving in Beverly Hills?

Telling.

Many of Meg’s actions on the global stage are no surprise to us: throwing hot tea on a staffer, screaming at and degrading assistants, lying to the British Queen, the BRF and her father?

Classic Megs.

by Anonymousreply 73June 30, 2020 4:49 AM

R73 Wow. Not surprised. She sounds like she suffers from a cluster B disorder.

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2020 5:56 AM

Imagine, for a moment, what Harry's life would be now if he had married Chelsey Davy.

He'd have been able to 'leave' the UK BRF life he hates so much in order to set up a base in Africa, where he could then set up an animal sanctuary, occasionally touring round the continent to visit other sanctuaries, raising awareness on the issue of poaching and how to stop it, as well as raising eco-awareness. He'd be as lauded as he always was before 2018. More so, since he'd be supporting the Commonwealth and helping animals at the same time.

Whenever he needed a break from raising awareness, he'd be able to retreat back to ultra-comfort on his billionaire ranch with Chelsey, paid for with her money. Perhaps he'd go back to the UK for a part of the year, to give his kids a chance to know the family.

He could have found a life in which he could live in genuine harmony with his life interests, all while actually doing some genuine good.

Instead, he got Markle, Hollywood, and Failure.

Dumb, dumb Harry.

Unbelievably dumb Harry.

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2020 7:17 AM

The marriage will be over when she decides it's over. He's proven that much.

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2020 7:49 AM

Both Chelsy and Cressida have moved on to have better lives than they ever could with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2020 1:19 PM

[quote]Harry’s ... secretly tortured.

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 78June 30, 2020 1:22 PM

Sanctuaries? Hunters who proudly pose with animals they've shot are into sanctuaries? Is this a joke?

by Anonymousreply 79June 30, 2020 4:11 PM

No, it’s not a joke. In fact hunters are often the most avid supporters of conservation efforts, because they need intact complex ecosystems to produce the Apex fauna that they love to kill.

by Anonymousreply 80June 30, 2020 6:42 PM

Will the Ginger Whinger ever stop?

by Anonymousreply 81June 30, 2020 7:10 PM

R67 - yes, it was clear from an early stage that William disliked Meghan. It was awkward to watch. I would love to know what happened behind the scenes between the Cambridges and the Sussexes!

by Anonymousreply 82June 30, 2020 7:47 PM

William had Meghan's number from day one.

by Anonymousreply 83June 30, 2020 9:37 PM

well, we know already. The Wales boys grew up with servants and learned to be benevolent to them. Megs, trashy Hollywood money that she was, felt it was correct to speak harshly to them causing a lot of stress among the staff. The royals don’t really play that, they don’t want to be seen as tyrants, they want to be seen as country folk with simple tastes. So from the get-go, she left a bad impression.

by Anonymousreply 84June 30, 2020 9:37 PM

R84 - unless she is a mean girl type and a psycho I doubt she talked down to anyone. Progressive yoga moms aren't given over to that behavior

by Anonymousreply 85June 30, 2020 10:08 PM

r85 where have you been? She's very, very clearly a mean girl - and very possibly a psycho.

And there is copious documentation of her constantly talking down to staff, when she's not throwing hot tea on them.

by Anonymousreply 86June 30, 2020 10:15 PM

R86 - the documentation is that she is a bit manic (i.e. sending long text messages at 4 AM, which my roommate does when she is in a stressed and hypomanic state but she is a lovely yoga type girl). However, I have never heard her to say anything degrading or mean. I don't know about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 87June 30, 2020 10:18 PM

Meghan actually has the sole distinction of having the Queen herself call her in to say "We don't speak to staff like that" after her Windsor Castle "there's EGG in this!!!" tantrum at the Chef.

by Anonymousreply 88June 30, 2020 10:33 PM

I wonder what the cost per day was for the UK to have Harry and Meghan as working Royals - ie, the price of the wedding divided by how many days they were actually working.

by Anonymousreply 89June 30, 2020 10:50 PM

They were there for roughly 18 months, r89. Six of which Meghan took off before and after the baby, with Harry hunkering down with her for most of that time. Then there was the three months of which they spent in Vancouver Island. So for her, 9 months of 'work' a few days every other week, and for him, a bit more if you throw in the Rugby and some military stuff he did without her.

The wedding was 35 million pounds, so aprox. $40 million dollars. More expensive than William & Kate's wedding. I would reckon if you divided the wedding cost by days worked it might well come out to something around half a million a day. Perhaps more.

by Anonymousreply 90June 30, 2020 11:16 PM

Meanwhile, their daily spending was literally FOUR times anyone else's over the same 18 months.

by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2020 12:17 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2020 12:18 AM

I'm so glad that designer crashed and burned. What a waste.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2020 12:29 AM

That shitty, dull, ill-fitting dress cost HALF A MILLION?

Holy shit. That really is a waste.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2020 12:33 AM

F.U.C.K. Y.O.U., R33.

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2020 12:33 AM

I don't envy Meghan trying to keep Harry engaged, entertained, and regret-free during lockdown. It's not like he's unused to a big house, so he's not going to be too impressed with that pile they're living in. He doesn't seem like the type to content himself with books and introspection. Yes, the weather is sunny and nice, but I believe the English soul needs a bit of rain now and then. Yes, they have their cute son, but a guy like Harry can take only so much of a child Archie's age. Surely Meghan had spun exciting fantasies about the glamorous life they were going to have, all the people and places and events – I live in LA, and it is a fun place – and then whammo, pandemic and, to a lesser extent, unrest. He's got to be deeply disoriented, missing at least some aspects of his old life, country, friends and extended family. Too much change all at once within the past year. Truly rotten luck, will test them, especially since there doesn't yet seem to be a real end in sight.

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2020 12:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 1, 2020 12:59 AM

I wonder what "Not in great shape" is a British side-speak euphemism for...

by Anonymousreply 98July 1, 2020 1:06 AM

It's not a euphemism for anything r98, it just means he's not doing so well.

You don't have to make shit up about everything.

by Anonymousreply 99July 1, 2020 1:16 AM

r99 has never stepped foot in Britain....

by Anonymousreply 100July 1, 2020 1:46 AM

r83 maybe it was the other way around. Meghan might have seen through William, it's not like he's some example of virtue. She make have picked up on his extra curricular activities or she may have just heard about them from Harry. Women don't like their men around guys that cheat.

by Anonymousreply 101July 1, 2020 1:49 AM

Sure, Jan at r101.

I'm sure that's exactly how it happened.

by Anonymousreply 102July 1, 2020 1:51 AM

Liar, R101.

by Anonymousreply 103July 1, 2020 2:40 AM

That’s pretty funny, r101. She clocked him as a person who clocked her first. She would have been happy to have seduced him, but he wasn’t having it. That made her resentful because now her job would be that much harder, if she didn’t have all the men on board.

She considers all women her enemy, so she didn’t even bother trying to make nice to them. Fatal mistake.

by Anonymousreply 104July 1, 2020 3:05 AM

New book claims that Doria has been getting a monthly allowance from the Harkles courtesy of Charles since before the marriage.

No wonder she's so perfectly behaved!

Her having a new car delivered to her door makes more sense now

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 1, 2020 3:37 AM

[quote] the documentation is that she is a bit manic (i.e. sending long text messages at 4 AM, which my roommate does when she is in a stressed and hypomanic state but she is a lovely yoga type girl). However, I have never heard her to say anything degrading or mean. I don't know about Meghan.

Where have you been, R87?

There have been many, many rumors about Meg’s poor behavior.

But beyond that there is now documentation (in the form of books and articles) that record her actions.

And if you don’t buy any of the above, take from my sister and I who have had first-hand interaction with Megs here in LA.

Simply put:

Megs is an absolute bi*ch.

by Anonymousreply 106July 1, 2020 4:00 AM

^^ The director who directed her in a Reitman’s ad tweeted she was the meanest person he’d ever encountered.

by Anonymousreply 107July 1, 2020 4:03 AM

Harry, please don't get any life insurance.

by Anonymousreply 108July 1, 2020 4:21 AM

[quote] it might well come out to something around half a million a day. Perhaps more.

Somewhat offset by the Harry and Meghan Royal Wedding Tea Cup & Saucer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109July 1, 2020 4:37 AM

Seriously, r108.

Harry you in danger gurl!

by Anonymousreply 110July 1, 2020 4:52 AM

R99 is British. Saying someone is "not in great shape" isn't a euphemism for anything - unless you really believe that the authors of this book are trying to say Harry is on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 111July 1, 2020 9:35 AM

r99 is either not British, or, they are from a Council Estate and left school at 16.

I went to boarding school in Britain from the age of 14 through to University then onto my PHD.

Yes, r99, "Not in great shape" in reference to any royal under the age of 90 is, indeed, a euphemism.

by Anonymousreply 112July 1, 2020 9:53 AM

Having his mother die when he was a child and being married to Meghan, he's had a cursed life.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2020 10:09 AM

There are actually lots of people around the world have had parents die young, who then also married horrible people, r113, but I take your point.

by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2020 10:26 AM

R99 has a PhD from the University of Cambridge. "Not in great shape" is not a euphemism for anything aside from what it literally means, that someone is not doing so well because of a situation they are in. Are you actually suggesting that Dylan Howard and Andy Tillett are talking in euphemisms about Harry and they are trying to say he has major health problems or the suchlike? They've just written a whole book about him so we'll be able to see if they meant something else - although there are no signs of this so far. Funny how neither of these authors nor anyone else has made any reference to Harry's secret big problem that only you are so clever to have apparently picked up on. This book is full of "revelations", but so far nothing's been revealed about your "euphemism".

"I went to boarding school in Britain" - yeah, for four years maximum and you're not British and probably don't even still live in Britain. You have a very specific, narrow experience and understanding of the UK, as evidenced by your weird allusion to "a Council Estate" and my apparent leaving school at 16. You're trying to show off that you know more about Britain than you actually do by thinking you've picked up on some important allusion about what's "really" going on with Harry, but you get it totally wrong.

by Anonymousreply 115July 1, 2020 10:44 AM

No you don't r99.

I was at Oxford.

I know.

by Anonymousreply 116July 1, 2020 10:47 AM

What college, r99? What tutor? What specialty? Where did you live?

If you don't answer all four within one minute I'll know you're lying and any answer you give will be from your google search, rather than from any actual experience.

I could answer those four in well under a minute.

by Anonymousreply 117July 1, 2020 10:52 AM

Waiting, r99, who claims to have gone to Cambridge......

by Anonymousreply 118July 1, 2020 10:53 AM

Annnnd, it turns out that r99 is a liar.

Colour me surprised.

by Anonymousreply 119July 1, 2020 10:55 AM

I'm loving this Brit bitch-fest.

by Anonymousreply 120July 1, 2020 10:57 AM

r99 isn't British and is lying, r120, but other than that, yes, it is amusing.

by Anonymousreply 121July 1, 2020 11:04 AM

Which Americans would know that being described as "tired and emotional" in the British press is code for falling down drunk?

by Anonymousreply 122July 1, 2020 11:17 AM

Well, certainly not r99, r122

by Anonymousreply 123July 1, 2020 1:06 PM

St John's, Classics. I'm not going to give my supervisors away (what's a tutor at Cambridge?) because I'd rather remain anonymous.

Since "not in great shape" is apparently a euphemism for something like "is on drugs" perhaps the poster who imagines that British society is like something out of Brideshead Revisited could give us another example, from the media or literature of when "not in great shape" is used as a euphemism for drug-taking.

Still waiting to hear exactly what Harry's health problems are in this book which is apparently overflowing with revelations yet its authors apparently have to use "euphemisms" to talk about something that they don't talk about in their "tell-all" book.

by Anonymousreply 124July 1, 2020 1:20 PM

Oh, excuse me r1118/r119, I actually have a life and don't spend it all on Datalounge. If someone doesn't reply within a couple of hours it doesn't mean they're "lying". You and your euphemisms!

by Anonymousreply 125July 1, 2020 1:24 PM

[quote] There are actually lots of people around the world have had parents die young, who then also married horrible people,

My parents lived to old age before I lost them. And I married a horrible person

As I see it Harry married Mommy. I bet she picks out his clothes for him, at least at the start.

by Anonymousreply 126July 1, 2020 1:33 PM

Just so we're not talking in euphemisms and we're clear as to exactly what's being claimed, perhaps the foreign poster who spent a few years in the UK and hence knows everything about the UK, as he claims at r116 ("I know") can clarify exactly what he means.

So r98/r116, in your opinion when Dylan Howard and Andy Tillett reveal in their book "Royals at War: The Untold Story of Harry and Meghan's Shocking Split with the House of Windsor" that Harry is "not in great shape" what they are trying to say is that he has health problems and is perhaps on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 127July 1, 2020 1:34 PM

Rich peoples problems

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2020 1:37 PM

What is "side speak" by the way, r98? It's not very British-sounding.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2020 1:38 PM

[quote]My parents lived to old age before I lost them.

Perhaps they would still be alive if you had kept better track of them.

by Anonymousreply 130July 1, 2020 1:40 PM

"Not in great shape" describes a lot of people as a result of the lockdown. It can mean depressed, neglecting self-care, demotivated, and yes, fucked up on drugs, food or alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 131July 1, 2020 1:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 1, 2020 1:47 PM

You did "Classics" at "St. Johns", did you r124?

Then why don't you say you did Greats at John's?

No one claims to "classics", and anyone related with either Oxford or Cambridge knows why.

And no one calls the college of which you claim to have been a member by the official name. If you'd been there, you'd know why.

LIAR.

by Anonymousreply 133July 1, 2020 1:51 PM

Yes, r131, it's a literal description that is used to describe someone who's not doing well because of a particular situation, but it's not a euphemism.

by Anonymousreply 134July 1, 2020 1:52 PM

You chose the wrong college to lie about, r99/r124.

I know a lot of people at John's.

I think I'll have a hunt around your IP.

by Anonymousreply 135July 1, 2020 1:59 PM

I hope he doesn't jump off a building or something..

by Anonymousreply 136July 1, 2020 2:02 PM

wow, this r133 person is completely unhinged. In fact, r133 may well "in not very good shape"!

Reader: You are free to speculate on my use of "not in very good shape" and assign which ever meaning to it you may choose, because it's not really important to any one at all.

by Anonymousreply 137July 1, 2020 2:04 PM

No, r137.

I just know what I am talking about.

While you, sadly are lying - for reasons passing any understanding.

Just stop. You didn't go to Cambridge and you've now proven to me that you never went to Cambridge.

You could just decide to stop now.

(But you won't because you are a liar).

by Anonymousreply 138July 1, 2020 2:08 PM

r138, I am r137, and not the individual you have chosen to have a hair pulling contest with.

You should be embarrassed by the screed you are smearing all over this otherwise fun thread, which you have now completely derailed.

It's just Datalounge hon. Put on your big boy pants and go for a walk to clear your head.

by Anonymousreply 139July 1, 2020 2:14 PM

Fuck off, r139. If you're not involved, then why not stay out of it?

by Anonymousreply 140July 1, 2020 2:16 PM

Just do a block on r139 and see that it is the main Megstan on this board.

Again: Fuck off, r139.

by Anonymousreply 141July 1, 2020 2:20 PM

The way proper British university graduates resolve such disagreements

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 1, 2020 2:34 PM

Yes, except r99/r124 is no Graduate...

by Anonymousreply 143July 1, 2020 2:36 PM

Sure r135, hunt around my IP, which you really have access to.

The reason I didn't say Greats is because Greats is what they do at Oxford, not Cambridge, and even at Oxford they don't say Greats anymore, unless they're being wankers.

I think your posts are making my argument for me.

by Anonymousreply 144July 1, 2020 3:10 PM

You're a liar, r135 and I can tell, and so can everyone on this board.

Why bother to continue lying?

Just give it up.

You're done.

by Anonymousreply 145July 1, 2020 3:20 PM

r144 has google!

by Anonymousreply 146July 1, 2020 3:21 PM

It looks like both Harry and Meghan are going through the “ Be careful what you wish for“ realization phase of a long-distance courtship and brief engagement.

by Anonymousreply 147July 1, 2020 3:40 PM

I found your point very boring, R112.

by Anonymousreply 148July 1, 2020 3:50 PM

And yet your 'point', r148, is fascinating.

Tell us more about what you find 'boring', r148

by Anonymousreply 149July 1, 2020 4:34 PM

[quote] It looks like both Harry and Meghan are going through the “ Be careful what you wish for“ realization phase of a long-distance courtship and brief engagement. —Marry in haste, repent at leisure

Haz was a fool to marry Megs.

But then again he is several strawberries short of a punnet, as they say.

The BRF supported him and rehabilitated him after his Las Vegas Events; thanks to Edward Lane Fox. Why they keeping propping him (or their other ne’er do wells) up is a mystery.

Megs ran ELF off around the engagement.

The house of (Haz & Megs) cards are starting to crumble. We’re at the beginning stages.

Should be interesting to see what follows.

by Anonymousreply 150July 1, 2020 4:39 PM

Harry is talking strangely. Blinking eyes and breathy voice. WTF?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151July 1, 2020 4:51 PM

Holy shit. Look at r151's clip and tell me there is not massive drug usage involved.

This is so bad that I think even the UK tabloids might hold off for a bit, as they did for about five years the last time Harry got into drugs.

by Anonymousreply 152July 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Can we all agree that “not in good shape” probably means that Harry is merely surviving and not thriving?

Personally, I would use that term about a friend who’s in poor physical health. And maybe someone who’s abusing substances, but that’s just me.

by Anonymousreply 153July 1, 2020 5:55 PM

What’s with the weird filter at r151? It’s like someone filmed a TV with their phone.

I’m trying to watch it objectively, but I can’t. He looks like a hostage. But at least his beard is brushed and he’s not all wrinkled.

by Anonymousreply 154July 1, 2020 6:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155July 1, 2020 6:38 PM

Part 2

Another source explained: ‘It’s my opinion that Harry feels he couldn’t protect his mother, so he’s going all out to protect his wife. He is so sensitive he often sees criticism or negativity where there isn’t any.’

As Howard and Tillett conclude: ‘The rifts that eventually opened up in the Royal family after Meghan arrived could have been avoided if Harry was able to empathise and take his brother’s concerns in the spirit they were intended.’

Kensington Palace and a representative for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been contacted for comment.

Prince Harry's spending leads to rift with senior members of the Royal family

Royal At War authors and investigative journalists Dylan Howard and Andy Tillett said: 'Harry’s [spending] transformation is revealed as one of the fundamental factors behind the deep fissure that opened between him and his brother, Prince William.'

In the book, insiders suggest Prince Harry first got the spending bug after leaving the Kensington Palace household which he shared with his brother and his wife, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 38.

The Royals At War (above) authors look at how Meghan’s arrival into the Royal family unintentionally led to the split of the loved ones +12 The Royals At War (above) authors look at how Meghan’s arrival into the Royal family unintentionally led to the split of the loved ones

He moved into Frogmore Cottage on the grounds of Windsor Castle with Meghan following their Windsor-based wedding and spent £2.4million of taxpayers’ money to refurbish the cottage, which they vowed to repay under the terms of Megxit.

The cost of the modernisation works on the Grade II listed property sparked controversy, with the Queen reported to be ‘privately unhappy’ over the expenditure.

Meanwhile, Meghan topped up Prince Harry's wellness spending splurge with aromatherapy as well as massages, and was estimated to have spent over £478,920 on maternity clothes.

In the book, sources claim that the eye-watering spree led to concerns at the very top of the Royal household, since the Queen is well-known for her modest tastes.

'The fact that Meghan splashed so much cash rang alarm bells with the traditionally conservative Queen Elizabeth,' said the authors.

'Growing up in the war left the monarch with a built-in sense of frugality and economy, despite being one of the richest women in the world.'

Prince Harry and Meghan are now reportedly paying just shy of £18,000 a month to keep Frogmore as their official British base while they stay at Tyler Perry's $18 million, 12-bedroom villa in Hollywood.

The Frogmore arrangement is being described as a 'rental-plus' agreement in which they pay more than what the commercial rate would be, enabling them to pay down the building costs with the excess.

Elsewhere, Prince Harry and Meghan were also criticised for using private jets last year, including four trips in just 11 days in August, despite their eco credentials.

The duke later defended his repeated use of private jets, claiming he needs them for his family's safety. Speaking at an event, he refused to apologise for private flights to Italy, France and Spain, saying: 'I spend 99 per cent of my life travelling the world by commercial.

'Occasionally there needs to be an opportunity [to fly privately] based on a unique circumstance to ensure that my family are safe - it's as simple as that.'

Prince Harry dismissed concerns over his carbon footprint by insisting that he 'offsets' his emissions by donating to renewable energy incentives and planting trees.

Sir Elton John said he did this on the prince's behalf when he provided a private plane to fly him and Meghan to his home in the south of France last August.

by Anonymousreply 156July 1, 2020 6:39 PM

Part 3 Prince Harry is 'burdened' and 'not in great shape' after leaving the Royal family

The Duke of Sussex is 'burdened' and 'not in great shape' after leaving the Royal family in March this year, according to the bombshell book.

He is said to be struggling to adjust to his new Hollywood life and is 'secretly tortured' over his decision to step back from his royal duties, a source told the authors.

It came after the news that his father Prince Charles, 71, was suffering with coronavirus - which he has now recovered from.

The source claimed: 'On top of it all, he’s got cabin fever. It was far from an ideal situation. Harry’s gone from feeling excited about the move to feeling secretly tortured.'

He is also missing his family, with it 'hit(ting) home for him that Charles and the Queen aren't going to be around forever', while in lockdown at Tyler Perry's mansion.

But an insider said that wife Meghan is doing her best to support her husband in their adventure, claiming: 'She’s assuring [Harry] that once things go back to normal, he’ll love their new life in LA.

'Meghan wants to take him hiking and talks about the local polo club and how much he’ll love surfing.'

Prince Harry was struggling in the last months of 2019, according to the book, with the authors claiming his pressures 'had apparently finally broken him'.

Insiders pointed to the royal's candid documentary Harry & Meghan: An African Journey, in which the duke opened up about dealing with the spotlight.

He told ITV broadcaster Tom Bradby about the lasting impact his mother's untimely death continues to have on his life, calling it a 'wound that festers'.

'I think being part of this family in this role, in this job, every single time I hear a camera, every single time I hear a click, every single time I see a flash it takes me straight back, so in that respect it’s the worst reminder of her life as opposed to her best,' Prince Harry admitted.

He also spoke about his relationship with his brother Prince William, explaining that they will always be there for each other but are on 'different paths'.

'Look, we’re brothers. We’ll always be brothers,' he said. 'We’re certainly on different paths at the moment but I will always be there for him and, as I know, he will always be there for me.'

Mr Bradby, who followed Meghan and Harry during their 10-day tour to Africa between September and October last year, pointed out how the couple 'seemed a bit bruised and vulnerable'.

'Something’s wrong,' explained royal biographer Penny Junor. 'He looked burdened and playing the victim, which does not sit comfortably with him.'

In his research, Howard spoke to royal insiders who suggested that ‘all was not well’ with the Prince.

'Harry is not in great shape,' Howard was told. 'I’d say he’s not well, declaring war on everyone, crying in public.'

A few weeks after the end of their tour to Africa, Meghan and Harry took a six-week break and flew to Canada to celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.

Upon their brief return to the UK in January, the couple made the shock announcement that they would be stepping down as senior royals.

Meghan Markle realised she couldn’t have the impact she wanted while in the ‘gilded Royal cage’ which created a ‘huge amount of frustration for her’

Meghan Markle realised she couldn’t have the impact she wanted while in the ‘gilded Royal cage’ which created a ‘huge amount of frustration for her’, according to Royals At War.

The authors disclose that aides became increasingly concerned with the former actress' aspirations and showbiz lifestyle.

Meghan Markle realised she couldn’t have the impact she wanted while in the ‘gilded Royal cage’ which created a ‘huge amount of frustration for her’, according to Royals At War.

The authors disclose that aides became increasingly concerned with the former actress' aspirations and showbiz lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 157July 1, 2020 6:41 PM

Part 4

Eventually, Meghan is thought to have believed that her dreams of being an iconic role model and spokesperson for issues including climate change, race relations and feminism 'could never be realised from within the confines of the palace'.

As Howard and Tillett write in the book, published by Skyhorse Publishing, 'ultimately, as a Royal, Meghan wouldn’t be able to do much about any of the problems.'

They continue: 'In the gilded Royal cage, she quickly realized that her impact was limited. This paradox at the heart of Meghan’s new existence was generating a huge amount of frustration for her.'

This inner turmoil was likely the catalyst that eventually led to Meghan and Harry turning their back on the Royal family and starting a new life in LA, according to the authors.

'It was this burning frustration that set the couple on the path they eventually took,' says Howard and Tillett.

'Other problems influenced their decisions further, but this was the start. It was the fuse that eventually created the explosion and caused the biggest royal scandal this century.'

Meghan Markle drove palace staff 'to distraction' with her 'gung-ho Hollywood attitude' and rushing into situations 'without proper research'

Meghan Markle has 'very high standards' and her 'Hollywood gung-ho attitude' put her at odds with royal aides, the explosive new book claims.

The Duchess of Sussex is thought to have alienated herself from the staff tasked with easing her transition into royalty.

Her 'West Coast energy' - which included 5am starts and 'text message bombardments' - drove staff to distraction, investigative journalists Dylan Howard and Andy Tillett claim in Royals At War.

One insider told the authors: 'Meghan can be difficult. She has very high standards and is used to working in a Hollywood environment. However, there is a different degree of respect in the royal household.'

The former American actress apparently failed to adapt to traditional royal protocol within the royal family, and has now 'burned too many bridges'.

Meghan reportedly also raced to support charities without considering the details of her patronage, according to the book, with the author being told: 'It was all too rushed, without proper research.'

Meghan's exacting standards resulted in a 'remarkable' staff turnover, according to the book, with five aides having quit or relocated following the mother-of-one's wedding to Prince Harry in May 2018.

One senior female protection officer allegedly left after becoming exasperated because Meghan 'ignored advice about venturing into risky crowd situations'.

But insiders said to Howard and Tillett that Meghan found the constraints of royalty frustrating - especially the expectation that she would remain diplomatically impartial and not voice opinions.

In September Prince Harry and Meghan Markle broke free of palace aides, and hired PR firm Sunshine Sachs, whose clients include Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lopez.

Howard said of the move: 'Insiders told me that by that point, Meghan had burned too many bridges.

'The Palace is run by a hierarchy of advisors, aides and equerries who hold the real power. Once Meghan cut herself free of those strings, there was no way back.'

Shawn Sachs and Keleigh Thomas Morgan, who represented the Duchess when she was an actress on Suits, guided her through high-profile matters - including her guest edit of British Vogue.

Sunshine Sachs is considered one of the US's top crisis management firms, and was named the top PR company by the New York Observer in 2014.

Founded in 1991, it has a workforce of about 185 people and counts high-profile corporations such as Microsoft and eBay among its clientele.

Meghan 'embarrassed' Prince Harry after divulging she was pregnant during Princess Eugenie's wedding day 'in a huge social gaffe' which left the bride and her mother Sarah Ferguson 'furious', the book claims.

by Anonymousreply 158July 1, 2020 6:42 PM

[quote] Occasionally there needs to be an opportunity [to fly privately] based on a unique circumstance to ensure that my family are safe - it's as simple as that.'

[quote] Prince Harry dismissed concerns over his carbon footprint by insisting that he 'offsets' his emissions by donating to renewable energy incentives and planting trees.

That’s just bullocks, Harry.

We know it and so do you.

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2020 6:43 PM

They're going to go after the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2020 9:38 PM

[quote]Meghan Markle has 'very high standards' and her 'Hollywood gung-ho attitude' put her at odds with royal aides, the explosive new book claims.

Code for she's an absolute entitled bitch and knows nothing of which she speaks.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2020 10:49 PM

[quote]he is several strawberries short of a punnet, as they say.

Could you kindly inform me who "they" are r150?

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote]In the gilded Royal cage, she quickly realized that her impact was limited.

Will someone please explain to the world what this woman has to offer 'that will have an impact', 'that will make a difference'?

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2020 10:54 PM

R163 because of all the impact she made in her first 35 years. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2020 10:55 PM

Did M make Harry stand against that particularly putrid colored wall to film his message? Of course she did. Bitch has zero taste or style.

Harry looks/sounds like the tweakers down at 7/11.

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2020 11:19 PM

“Prince Harry and Meghan are now reportedly paying just shy of £18,000 a month to keep Frogmore as their official British base while they stay at Tyler Perry's $18 million, 12-bedroom villa in Hollywood.”

Paid for by Prince Charles I’m guessing.

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2020 11:25 PM

She paid over 400,000 quid for her maternity clothes? Even if that's exaggerated, spending more than 20,000 seems too high (and IIRC, all of her outfits were hideous and weren't well fitted).

by Anonymousreply 167July 2, 2020 4:52 AM

Prince Harry apologises for 'endemic racism' after Meghan Markle told him their generation hasn't done enough to 'right wrongs of the past'

Watching this hostage video I kept expecting him to add "Meghan Markle is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life. "

by Anonymousreply 168July 2, 2020 6:23 AM

Every time I hear Harry going on about some woke cause or other, I cringe. It's so obvious he is parroting what he has heard MM say. He sounds so pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 169July 2, 2020 6:28 AM

Meghan’s wedding generated £1bn in tourism revenue, say lawyers in damages case

Valentine Low Thursday July 02 2020, 12.01am BST, The Times

Laywers for the Duchess of Sussex have said her wedding to Prince Harry generated £1 billion in tourism revenue as they argued that her wealth and privilege had no bearing on her right to privacy.

In new legal papers filed at the High Court, the Duchess of Sussex’s legal team said she had suffered “damage to her mental health” from negative press coverage while she was pregnant because the palace failed to protect her.

The lawyers also said that the duchess has named the five friends who were the anonymous sources for an article in an American magazine that sparked off the train of events that led to the court action. The duchess is suing The Mail on Sunday for a breach of privacy over its publication of a letter from her to her estranged father, Thomas Markle.

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, the daughters of the Duke of York, were also dragged into the legal battle when the duchess named them as members of the royal family who did undertake paid work.

In May the duchess lost the first round in her dispute with Associated Newspapers, owners of The Mail on Sunday, when a judge ruled that part of her case should be struck out. The new legal papers were filed in response to questions from The Mail on Sunday’s lawyers, including why she felt “vulnerable” in early 2019. At the time she was heavily pregnant, as well as being subjected to what Meghan’s lawyers called “aggressive attacks” in the media.

The duchess’s legal team said that she had been left unprotected by the royal household when she became the subject of “a large number of false and damaging articles by the UK tabloid media . . . which caused tremendous emotional distress and damage to her mental health”. They said: “As her friends had never seen her in this state before, they were rightly concerned for her welfare, specifically as she was pregnant, unprotected by the institution, and prohibited from defending herself.”

The duchess did not know that friends had given interviews to People magazine until the article went to print, the lawyers said. She did not know which of her friends were involved until “some considerable time later”. The duchess has since named the five friends involved. However their names are in confidential legal papers.

After the article appeared, Thomas Markle felt aggrieved at the way it portrayed a letter sent to him by his daughter in August and decided to give his version to The Mail on Sunday.

The resulting article was published in February 2019 under the headline: “Revealed: The letter showing true tragedy of Meghan’s rift with a father she says has ‘broken her heart into a million pieces’.” The duchess is suing the paper for misuse of private information, copyright infringement and breach of the Data Protection Act. The Mail on Sunday denies the claims.

Defending the duchess’s right to privacy, her lawyers said the royal wedding had been paid for by the Prince of Wales. “Any public costs incurred for the wedding were for security and crowd control to protect members of the public, as deemed necessary by the police,” the lawyers said. “This contribution of public funds towards crowd security was far outweighed by the tourism revenue of over £1 billion that was generated from the royal wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex which went directly into the public purse.”

by Anonymousreply 170July 2, 2020 8:31 AM

Part 2

Yesterday the Duke of Sussex said in a surprise speech via video link to an awards ceremony in the UK that institutional racism was “endemic” across society as he pledged to fight against unconscious bias. The prince said that division and anger were rife because too little had been done to right the wrongs of the past. The duke was speaking at the Diana Awards, which honour young people for their social action or humanitarian work.

The duke told recipients of the awards: “My wife said recently that our generation and the ones before us haven’t done enough to right the wrongs of the past. I too am sorry. Sorry that we haven’t got the world to the place that you deserve it to be.”

He added: “Unconscious bias must be acknowledged without blame, to create a better world for all of you.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 2, 2020 8:31 AM

Harry has fucked up so much. Meghan is is now openly fighting the royal family, in the media and the court of public opinion, and he's on her side. What a fool.

"In new legal papers filed at the High Court, the Duchess of Sussex’s legal team said she had suffered “damage to her mental health” from negative press coverage while she was pregnant because the palace failed to protect her."

by Anonymousreply 172July 2, 2020 8:34 AM

[quote] Meghan is is now openly fighting the royal family

Ready whenever you say Your Majesty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 2, 2020 8:47 AM

Repulsive, the pair of them.

by Anonymousreply 174July 2, 2020 10:07 AM

[quote]The duchess’s legal team said that she had been left unprotected by the royal household when she became the subject of “a large number of false and damaging articles by the UK tabloid media . . . which caused tremendous emotional distress and damage to her mental health”.

This is such a weak argument that will never pass in a British court, or a court anywhere in the world. But Meghan sure is a piece of shit for trying to drag the royal family into her case against the MoS about her relationship with her own father, and Harry is a fucking moron for going along with this and losing even the last supporter he may have still had in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 175July 2, 2020 10:22 AM

So much for Markle’s supposed intelligence. She married someone with low intelligence and her actions demonstrate foolishness to the point of absurdity. History will not be kind to her.

Already books are being written about her after only being on the world stage for 2 years. Her egregious actions know no limits. And her downfall will be interesting to observe.

by Anonymousreply 176July 2, 2020 11:03 AM

As well as being a racist cunt, remember the sussex supported "mermaid" charity...the one that likes to trans kids. Pair of arseholes.

by Anonymousreply 177July 2, 2020 11:17 AM

Twat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 2, 2020 11:26 AM

I have a sibling and their spouse who are some combo of narcissistic borderline manic whatever. There are high dramas going down all the time and occasionally police intervention is called for. Believe me, Megs and Harry cannot be so seething at the world without occasionally turning on each other. I see a 5150 for someone in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 179July 2, 2020 12:06 PM

I find it interesting that the threads that shit on Harry are allowed to remain, but the threads that even discuss Meghan are removed.

by Anonymousreply 180July 3, 2020 11:59 AM

It's Meghan who pays for SS, not Harry.

by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2020 12:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182July 3, 2020 1:22 PM

Nazi Harry suddenly now has to watch his step? LOL

by Anonymousreply 183July 3, 2020 1:31 PM

So nice of Mr Nazi Halloween Costume to take time out of his day to lecture the rest of us about racism.

by Anonymousreply 184July 3, 2020 2:25 PM

I’d rather see Harry in Africa, tbh. It’s a nod to his colonial heritage. Even better if he lives in one of the African nations in the Commonwealth. America seems so tawdry and off brand for a British royal.

by Anonymousreply 185July 3, 2020 2:52 PM

Harry is a tawdry and off brand British royal. He's a perfect fit for California.

by Anonymousreply 186July 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Tawdry is a good word for it. I have to say, it never occurred to me that Harry would end up living in a borrowed McMansion in LA.

by Anonymousreply 187July 3, 2020 3:12 PM

^^ this. And also being so THIRSTY to be relevant. As a member of the BRF he would have been relevant all his life.

by Anonymousreply 188July 3, 2020 4:01 PM

I'm sure Harry would rather be in Africa than North America. But as he himself said, what Meghan wants, Meghan gets.

by Anonymousreply 189July 3, 2020 4:35 PM

Yeah so Harry who pollutes the world in private planes while blabbering about his concern for the environment can joyously and proudly kill animals for personal gratification. What a pair of hucksters.

by Anonymousreply 190July 3, 2020 9:17 PM

In the movie I'm watching in my head, the spiteful, resentful spare plots to destroy the heritage his elder brother has worked hard to embrace, even though the elder didn't want it in the first place. But now that it's threatened, the elder is determined to protect it. To undermine his brother, the spare uses a moral panic, fronted by his scheming wife. It's all quite Shakespearean!

by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2020 12:14 AM

I'm seeing a lot of this in your movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2020 2:33 AM

R187, this cursed year has showed me things I never thought I’d see. I really.

by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2020 3:03 AM

People have turned so decisively against Harry. It's a wonder how he retained his popularity for so long, because he hasn't really changed.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2020 7:38 AM

He was protected by professionals in Kensington Palace previously, r194. Now, his PR is handled by Meghan Markle. That’s the difference.

by Anonymousreply 195July 4, 2020 7:53 AM

[quote] He was protected by professionals

That is only part of it. People now how pussy whipped he is. He could make a lot of "lad" mistakes and be forgiven, but nobody respects somebody so thoroughly and publicly emasculated as he ha been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 4, 2020 8:22 AM

R194, Harry has changed actually, he's nothing like how he used to be 3 years ago. The whole point of his popularity, such as it was, was that he was part of the royal family and working as a royal and being loyal to the British people. Now he's what exactly?

by Anonymousreply 197July 4, 2020 8:53 AM

I’ll admit that Michael K from Dlisted influenced my opinion of Harry, ten years ago. He called him Prince Hot Ginge and many swooned over his tall strapping body and how he looked in a uniform. He seemed like the fun brother, a good-natured madlad you’d like to have a few beers with.

Now he seems like a tedious cuntstruck sourpuss.

by Anonymousreply 198July 4, 2020 10:11 AM

You left out self-pitying and sanctimonious, R198.

by Anonymousreply 199July 4, 2020 10:43 AM

R196 - I think you're right. The UK public especially are likely to forgive the strip billiards in Las Vegas far more than the sight of Harry with his hands crossed over his breast, aping the exact same Madonna-like image his wife presented in that ludicrous commencement address.

Harry's surrender to his own mental issues and to letting his vulgarian wife take the reins and run him remains a mystery, at least to me. Charles was pressured into marrying Diana. No one forced Harry's hand. Although there are similar issues that appear between Diana and Meghan (narcissism, spitefulness, lack of real insight into the outcomes of certain actions), there are also many similarities between Harry and the Duke of Windsor (formerly, Prince of Wales and Edward VIII) that I think tend to get overlooked.

The difference is that Wallis Simpson was never let in by the BRF. She got a Sloppy Seconds Duchess title outside the family. The wound to the family was, so to speak, cauterised by the family.

In the current instance, the family inflicted the wound on itself through a failure of nerve; and now, cauterising it will be equally as painful as the wound itself. The BRF of 1936, with WWII on the horizon already, was far more willing to let go of Edward than today's BRF feels about losing Harry.

Looking ahead ten years is interesting speculation. Any takers on where the Harkles and the BRF will be in ten years?

by Anonymousreply 200July 4, 2020 1:13 PM

Oh, my sides!

Megan doesn't pay for anything!

by Anonymousreply 201July 5, 2020 9:01 AM

Prince Harry allegedly is gearing up to sue The Sun again.

Is obtaining this information in the US illegal (in the US)?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202July 5, 2020 9:06 AM

Ummm, r202, "Byline Investigates" is a Sussex outfit. They made it once into Private Eye's "Street of Shame" gossip column (which is very easy to do) but other than that, they've been threatening this, and threatening that for over a year and nothing ever comes of their huge 'threats'.

If they happen to be right this time, Harry is dumber than we all thought, but I hope it's true because this show is only getting better by the day, and I am here for it.

by Anonymousreply 203July 5, 2020 9:20 AM

R203, I was thinking the same. It’s like a variation of People Magazine. A PR organ aimed at the conspiracy-theory set, hehe. I noticed quite a few names that have been connected to MM over the years: Beckham, Ashley Cole, Piers Morgan (even though he’s an “enemy”, they keep each other’s names out there) DIANA and whoever Chris Hughes is. But mostly Meghan and Harry gets an honorable mention.

by Anonymousreply 204July 5, 2020 11:25 AM

They're starting to remind me of that old Taylor Swift "I'll sue" meme. Can any other celebrities get lawyers anymore or is the entire LA legal profession now booked up until 2022?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205July 5, 2020 11:46 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206July 5, 2020 12:04 PM

Not that most of you will be as stupid as I, but do not get tempted to buy "Royals at War", the book that the DM keeps grabbing pull quotes from over the last week. It's terribly written and the source material is basically just quotes from the DM and other tabloids pulled together to make a book. If you are into the Royals, you already know everything in the book. I needed a pool there have been a few little nuggets.

A few new things I have learned. Apparently Wills & Kate started questioning Meghan's motives from the beginning. When Meghan and Harry were dating very early on, they were having a casual family dinner with the kids playing freely about. Meghan excused herself to make a phone call and Charlotte followed her into the other room. Kate went after her and apparently caught Meghan taking a photo of Charlotte on her phone. Meghan explained it away, but that was the beginning of the end of the trust.

The Kate being reduced to tears over the wedding story was over tights. Kate felt the bridesmaids (I guess bridesmaids are little girls in the UK) should stick to the tradition of tights, but Meghan felt it was going to be too hot. Meghan won that one.

Remember the banana bread baking on the Australia trip? Meghan staying up all night making homemade banana bread b/c she was pregnant and jet lagged. Apparently she had her staff baking all night and if the bread wasn't perfect, Meghan would have them start over until it was. Hence the departing of Melissa, who received a glowing recommendation from the palace and pay out after leaving H & M after only 6 months.

The last crumb I have so far is that Meghan and Harry are known to get into huge, knock down fights. Harry actually loves his cousins and was furious with Meghan for announcing her pregnancy at Eugenie's wedding.

Probably stuff you already know, but I might as well spread the wealth for my investment in this book.

by Anonymousreply 207July 5, 2020 2:06 PM

Someone said that they fell badly for Harry being stuck in LA in Tyler Perry's McMansion. I agree. I am from LA, but lived in London. There is such a huge difference in lifestyle, attitudes, and tradition. They chose the absolute worst time to move here. All the selling points to LA - the parties, the dining, the award shows, the projects - are all cancelled or on pause. There is nothing going on and things that are open w/ social distancing, there is no fun or joy in the experiences. It's nicer just to stay home. Harry must be climbing the walls, stuck up in broiling hot Benedict Canyon behind multiple sets of gates, nowhere to really roam and get fresh air. No hunting, pubs, grounds. They must be killing each other behind closed doors.

by Anonymousreply 208July 5, 2020 2:15 PM

Harry has clearly been beaten into never loving any family member again.

Otherwise the ridiculous claims made by Meghan (in her lawsuit against the MoS) against already beaten down Beatrice and Eugenie would never have been allowed by Harry.

His family will never truly allow him back when this is done. Never.

by Anonymousreply 209July 5, 2020 2:17 PM

read r207.

Meghan is such a scumbag.

by Anonymousreply 210July 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Harry’s in quite a pickle.

Who put him there?

by Anonymousreply 211July 5, 2020 3:16 PM

He put himself there, r211.

by Anonymousreply 212July 5, 2020 3:53 PM

Although they want it, NO pity whatsoever for Harry and Meg.

by Anonymousreply 213July 5, 2020 4:18 PM

Dragging Beatrice and Eugenie into the lawsuit was a bit tacky.

by Anonymousreply 214July 5, 2020 4:19 PM

It's obvious William dislikes Meghan. In all the photos of them together, he has a sour, tight-lipped expression and hardly ever speaks to her.

by Anonymousreply 215July 5, 2020 4:37 PM

I loved it when he scarfed her!

by Anonymousreply 216July 5, 2020 8:19 PM

Wait. So Meghan is pregnant and jetlagged so she keeps other people up all night making banana bread for her? Wtf?? How is that even possible? Someone should have shut that down immediately. She was a fking duchess not queen of the world. I would have thrown hot tea on her ffs. What a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 217July 5, 2020 9:56 PM

I just watched a BBC mockumentary about the Kemp brothers from Spandau Ballet. In one scene there's a news ticker at the bottom of the screen that reads, "Harry and Meghan Windsor have signed a lucrative deal with Channel 5 to present their own cookery chat show. Harry is said to be thrilled to be on the same channel as Peppa Pig, which is one of his favourites."

by Anonymousreply 218July 5, 2020 10:54 PM

Poster on the now closed "Harry and Meghan's Next Move" thread (which reached 600 posts despite the KGT's desperate attempts to shut it and every other Sussex thread down) asked if Harry would have to give up his royal status in order to gain American citizenship: Yes, he would have to renounce them.

The Queen hasn't temporarily stripped him of status: only directed that he not use said status publicly. She cannot, in fact, strip him of the HRH he was born with; that would have to go through Parliament, along with any change in the succession (e.g., if Harry also decided to renounce his place in the line).

But as the Queen gifted the Sussex ducal title on Harry (which required no Parliamentary action), she can also withdraw it - whatever is in her power to grant as the "fount of all honours", she can also rescind. Rescinding the Sussex title, which HM may have foreseen as an inevitability and one reason why she kept the Harkles from monetising it as SussexRoyal, would leave Harry an HRH but Meghan in royal limbo, with no "Duchess" title, and possibly no HRH.

The HRH was never more than courtesy to Meghan, as she is an American citizen. Once she became a UK citizen, which now obviously isn't going to happen, the HRH would have been hers by right even if Harry died the next day. As it stands now, if Harry died tomorrow Meghan Markle would lose the HRH, the Duchess title, and would go back to being . . . Meghan Markle, or Mrs Mountbatten-Windsor so she has the same surname as her child.

If William died tomorrow, Kate, as a British citizen, would still be HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. What she wouldn't become is Princess of Wales and Queen Consort. But she'd keep that HRH and ducal title till she herself died.

But without the ducal title, and without UK citizenship, and living permanently as an American, Meghan would only get the courtesy title of Princess Henry, which as a raging feminist and defiant critic of the BRF she would, of course, turn down.

I think Harry is probably confronting some major decisions as their "year of review" moves into it's second half with COVID still keeping everything in Hollywood show biz locked down. California is now one of the major COVID hot spots in America.

Stay or go? American citizenship and nail the Just Call Me Harry - no HRH no Sussex title - flag to the mast of the HMS Markle?

Admit the whole thing has been a failure and return to the bosom of his family and Old Blighty? But the Missus at this point can't really show her face in the UK, at least not in any public form, as she's burnt that bridge, too. Does he cut the Missus loose? If not, Old Blighty is probably no longer on the table.

Dog paddle for awhile longer holding on to UK citizenship but getting permanent resident green card status in America? Which would, inevitably, point to ditching the HRH style and Sussex title?

I'd love to be his therapist.

by Anonymousreply 219July 6, 2020 12:48 PM

"Prince Harry risks angering the Queen by saying the Commonwealth 'must acknowledge past wrongs' even if it's 'uncomfortable' in an apparent slight against the royal family during a call with Meghan Markle to young leaders" - current DM headline.

Told ya. He wants to blow up his brother's heritage. These two, with their personal agendas, are going scorched earth. You may say, but what are they without the monarchy? I think they, rightly or wrongly, see nothing but opportunity in the current climate.

by Anonymousreply 220July 6, 2020 2:15 PM

Harry said that to the Queen's Commonwealth Trust

According to Wikpedia: [quote]The Queen's Commonwealth Trust was launched to the public on Her Majesty The Queen’s 92nd birthday, 21st April 2018. The Trust was gifted to Her Majesty by The Duke of Sussex in recognition of her lifelong belief in young people as a force for good in the world.

Harry is the President and Meghan the Vice President and it's another role that they were given when they were supposedly going to be working royals. These two little shits are exploiting the fact that the Queen can't do much about this organisation and Harry's involvement in it now, or the involvement of his moron wife who has nothing to do with the UK or the Commonwealth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 6, 2020 2:28 PM

[quote]"Prince Harry risks angering the Queen by saying the Commonwealth 'must acknowledge past wrongs' even if it's 'uncomfortable' in an apparent slight against the royal family during a call with Meghan Markle to young leaders" - current DM headline.

They've pretty much atoned for that. The Commonwealth countries are all quite prosperous (even India, relatively speaking) with a solid infrastructure, and many of the citizens of those countries have been immigrating to Britain for decades. You want to see dysfunctional messes, look at the former Spanish colonies.

by Anonymousreply 222July 6, 2020 3:00 PM

I don't know what sort of advice they are getting but they need to promptly, but QUIETLY, reset their public lives. The Queen said when they left the royal family that they would always be welcome back. Harry and Meghan need to fly to London and meet with the Queen and request taking her up the offer. Meghan then needs to immediately smooth things over with the palace courtiers (who will do as instructed by the Queen, assuming the Queen can be convinced to make her wishes clear to them). Once they are back in the royal family, they both need to accept their roles and tend to them quietly. They can do more flashy things down the road .... as in, several years down the road. For the next three years, no babies, no press releases written by Americans, no whining and whinging. Just get on with it.

This can be fixed but they both need to grow up in order to fix it.

by Anonymousreply 223July 6, 2020 3:27 PM

[Quote]Meghan reportedly also raced to support charities without considering the details of her patronage, according to the book, with the author being told: 'It was all too rushed, without proper research.'

[Quote]Meghan's exacting standards resulted in a 'remarkable' staff turnover,

The shade is pretty hilarious here. The "workhorse" Meg of such high and exacting standards is not interested in research or preparation, but is egomaniacal enough to presume to have enough knowledge to direct others' efforts in projects she has not researched or prepared for. That sounds like our "dear leader" the American POTUS who is "smarter than the generals" and enough of a "stable genius" to eschew National Security Council advice and the expertise of professionals. Kissing cousins. The Narcissism rages on.

by Anonymousreply 224July 6, 2020 3:31 PM

What I want to know is who actually pays attention to the 'hostage video sermons' that harry and Meghan release.

I mean we do at datalounge, but we are small number, and of course we have a bag of popcorn next to us as, lol

Is any of the naive nonsense flowing from their entitled mouths having any impact anywhere? On anyone? I can't imagine the 'youth of the commonwealth' are avidly tuning in to these hostage videos.

by Anonymousreply 225July 6, 2020 3:36 PM

What’s Harry going to do when his grandparents die? Skip the funerals? Go alone?

by Anonymousreply 226July 6, 2020 4:10 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 6, 2020 4:57 PM

He definitely won't miss them, R226. When it comes down to it, he loves his grandparents. And it would be REALLY bad publicity not to attend. He will most likely go alone.

by Anonymousreply 228July 6, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]Is any of the naive nonsense flowing from their entitled mouths having any impact anywhere? On anyone? I can't imagine the 'youth of the commonwealth' are avidly tuning in to these hostage videos.

Between Covid and the civil unrest over George Floyd, H&M's timing could not have been worse. Nobody could give a shit about them or their privileged problems right now.

by Anonymousreply 229July 6, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote]He definitely won't miss them, [R226]. When it comes down to it, he loves his grandparents. And it would be REALLY bad publicity not to attend. He will most likely go alone.

He probably will. With all the shit-stirring Meghan's done, the rest of the BRF probably wouldn't even want to be in the same room with her. Even Prince William could barely contain his dislike when he had to be involved in public appearances with Meghan before she left London.

by Anonymousreply 230July 6, 2020 7:46 PM

Oh, she'll go. Are you kidding? She ain't missing a major event like that!

by Anonymousreply 231July 6, 2020 7:52 PM

The call with the Commonwealth Youth Trust is mostly to remind people that they still hold some sort of title in Britain, and still have a foot in the royal door.

Which, technically, they still do. The problem is that no one in the UK gives a shit about the Commonwealth, and most of the folk in the Commonwealth countries don't, either.

The bit o' this and bit o' that royalty game is really getting worn. Sooner or later, the Queen has to sort this out and not pretend that she didn't know that Meghan (who unless I'm mistaken no longer has a live application for UK citizenship) brought the institution of monarchy and her blood princess granddaughters into her lawsuit, and doesn't care if she burns the thing to the ground, or that it really doesn't matter in the great scheme of things.

by Anonymousreply 232July 6, 2020 8:02 PM

Come to think of it, Harry & Meghan's attendance of the Queen and Philip's respective funerals is a moot point, because I'm starting to think both of them are drinking the elixir of life. I've worked in an old folks' home, and the Queen is much spryer and more compos mentis than your average 94-year-old. And Philip flipped his car on its side last year and walked away unharmed, even though his bones are probably made of paper by this point.

by Anonymousreply 233July 6, 2020 8:11 PM

Nothing could be more amusing, or emblematic of the massive hypocrisy of Meghan and Harry, than two people calling themselves "Duke and Duchess", and refusing to surrender their HRHs voluntarily but who are only grudgingly not using it publicly, and living off the wealth of a hereditary monarchy, one of the least equitable democratic institutions in human history, lecturing the rest of us about inequality.

Harry, heal thyself!

Surrender your HRH, your place in the line of succession for you and your descendants, put Mr and Mrs Harry Windsor on the post box, or shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 234July 6, 2020 9:26 PM

Tribute left to Diana on the London underground on her birthday a few days ago. Cheesy, but she would have liked it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235July 7, 2020 12:06 AM

Meghan Markle was 'very sensitive' about being 'number two' to Kate Middleton and clashed with palace staff over not getting the 'attention she deserved', royal author claims

Speaking to the Daily Star Online, Tom said Meghan argued with Kate's staff after they turned down her royal requests, revealing: 'It was almost as if in that one encounter, it encapsulated for Meghan the problem that she had, that she's a Princess and she's number two.'

The royal author said he had spoken to 'someone who was there' and was left 'really uncomfortable' after Meghan rowed with a member of Kate's staff.

He said the Duchess had asked the staff member to do something, but they told her: "I'm really sorry I can't do that because I work for Kate".

Tom claimed Meghan 'really felt she had been put in her place' and said that, as a 'princess', she had 'assumed that when you ask staff to do something, they are going to do it.'

Tom claimed Meghan went on to row with the member of staff, leaving Kate 'horrified'.

He said the Duchess had been so upset by the staff's behaviour because she feels conscious about being treated with the same respect as Kate.

He added: 'She's very sensitive about not being treated with the same respect that she feels Kate is, so can react badly and doesn't take it lying down.'

The royal author went on to say that the 'alien environment' where 'people behave towards you' on the status of who will be the monarch next was 'alien' to Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 236July 7, 2020 12:29 AM

^^ in other words she's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 237July 7, 2020 2:30 AM

God, if all this is true....poor Kate. Imagine having to deal with such a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 238July 7, 2020 2:44 AM

MM is the cunt sister-in-law almost every family has.

by Anonymousreply 239July 7, 2020 3:13 AM

Good analogy r239.

by Anonymousreply 240July 7, 2020 3:23 AM

Why would anyone expect to give orders to someone else's staff?

by Anonymousreply 241July 7, 2020 5:18 AM

She had no acceptance, or perhaps understanding, of the hierarchy of the Monarchy. Very American, and actually understandable. However she chose to marry in to it, so in the end, unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 242July 7, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote] Tom claimed Meghan went on to row with the member of staff, leaving Kate 'horrified'.

Why would she row with anyone. If she was informed that an employee was restricted in what that employee could do in the workplace - as would happen in any work environment - then why would Meghan turn it into an argument with that employee? On a TV set would she feel she could ask the star's PA to do something for her?

[quote] She had no acceptance, or perhaps understanding, of the hierarchy of the Monarchy.

She has no acceptance or understanding of manners or respect either.

by Anonymousreply 243July 7, 2020 1:34 PM

R242 - Meghan knew perfectly well that she was marrying into a hereditary monarchy and that she would always be behind Kate in terms of that hierarchy.

Meghan's intention from the beginning was to use her marriage to give her the global fame she couldn't get on her own merits and then take it out and run with it. She didn't give f.a. about the country she was agreeing to represent in return for enormous social status and fame, lifelong economic security at a very high level in an increasingly uncertain world, and steady if only occasionally thrilling work that even Diana (with whom Meghan was apparently obsessed) described as "80% slog and 20% fantastic".

It isn't that Meghan didn't know: it's that she knew and didn't care, and knew she didn't have to care because Harry himself no longer cared. Or Harry thought he didn't care - in later years he may find himself regretting those burnt bridges, as his son grows up with no real contact with Harry's family and being raised in the sleazy environs of Hollywood.

Even the hardened, cynical Rhett Butler, at the end of Gone With the Wind (the book, not the film), weary of conflict and never quite coming back from the death of his little daughter and his failure (he believed) to win Scarlet's heart, precedes his more famous last line by telling Scarlett that he's returning to Charleston to see if he can make peace with his family. That he wants, at last, to find some peace of mind.

After Meghan has squeezed out his orange self of everything she can get and then cast away the rind, will Harry realise what he lost.

by Anonymousreply 244July 7, 2020 1:46 PM

Harry looks like he just woke up and threw on some clothes in this new video for his charity Sentebale.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245July 7, 2020 1:52 PM

[quote] Speaking to the Daily Star Online, Tom said Meghan argued with Kate's staff after they turned down her royal requests, revealing: 'It was almost as if in that one encounter, it encapsulated for Meghan the problem that she had, that she's a Princess and she's number two.'

This is what so many Dataloungers who are Meghan stans don't ever understand: they want Meghan to be on an equal footing with Kate because of American ideas of equality. You can't have it both ways if you're a British princess: you're elevated above almost everyone else, but by becoming a princess you give your consent to a hierarchy, and that hierarchy is determined by where the prince you married is in line to the throne.

If Meghan were ever to be on an equal footing with Kate, then there would be no need for princesses whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 246July 7, 2020 3:07 PM

^^ in other words she's an idiot who believed she had become suddenly "superior" through marriage and became entitled to treat the poor lessers AKA staff poorly.

The surest sign of low class pretending to be otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 247July 7, 2020 3:11 PM

Lotta videos from Harry these days. Meghan must be trying to come up with things for him to do. Like parents stuck with kids at home, organizing “activities” for them.

by Anonymousreply 248July 7, 2020 3:54 PM

Are there any stories of how the royals (other than Meghan) treat their servants? Diana had Paul Burrell watch romcoms with her and paint her toenails. I can picture Andrew being an arrogant prick who treats his servants like dirt. Same with Philip, really.

by Anonymousreply 249July 7, 2020 10:20 PM

On the contrary, I’ve read that Philip treats the staff well.

by Anonymousreply 250July 7, 2020 10:24 PM

Harry always looks stoned in these videos.

by Anonymousreply 251July 7, 2020 10:30 PM

Interesting to hear that, R250. I wouldn't have expected it.

by Anonymousreply 252July 7, 2020 10:31 PM

This empowered woman got married to improve her status in life which is exactly what women need to learn. 'Find a rich man honey. Especially one who inherited his money and status in life.'

One day Meghan will tire of the fact that Harry is only a dinky millionaire. There are too many billionaires in the world today who would love to marry a former member of the royal family.

by Anonymousreply 253July 7, 2020 10:43 PM

Staff famously adore Philip. It's been written about many times over the decades.

Andrew had an episode where he shouted at a member of staff and his doing that was a Big Deal, causing Charles to get involved forcing Andrew to apologise.

Margaret was supposed to be a bitch to everyone, not just staff, but everyone she came into contact with, although her staff never quit and she retained most of them for her entire life.

No complaints about the rest of them that I've heard.

And certainly Meghan is the first member of the family ever to have 4 members of her small staff, plus one RPO, all resign. And all five resigned in her first six months. Quite a record. Also, there's the tea-throwing incident, which certainly puts her in the top tier of abusive members of the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 254July 7, 2020 10:54 PM

[quote]There are too many billionaires in the world today who would love to marry a former member of the royal family.

bwhahahaha! She's just a 'married-In', not remotely royal once she divorces, just a fully-outed user and grifter.

by Anonymousreply 255July 7, 2020 11:17 PM

[quote] it encapsulated for Meghan the problem that she had, that she's a Princess and she's number two.'

That should be on her tombstone: She was a princess, but she was also a Number Two.

by Anonymousreply 256July 7, 2020 11:20 PM

Exactly, r255.

At this point I doubt even the most ambitious social climbing Middle Eastern or Russian oligarch would take so much as a 2nd look at her.

She's made herself seem disloyal to the point of appearing genuinely dangerous to involve in one's life or family.

by Anonymousreply 257July 7, 2020 11:24 PM

What's the tea throwing incident?

by Anonymousreply 258July 8, 2020 12:47 AM

Thank you, R254. It's funny that Meghan, marrying into royalty from a middle-class background, is the one who's had so many staff members quit. I would have expected that people who grew up without servants would treat them better than those who grew up with them. If you've been born into the aristocracy it must be easy to take the perks for granted.

by Anonymousreply 259July 8, 2020 11:12 AM

The aristocracy and royals are taught to behave civilly to servants from the beginning. It is considered extremely déclassé to treat them the way the middle-class and likely insecure about her "position" treated them.

The higher up you go, the more déclassé it appears. The Queen Mother's staff worshipped the ground she walked on and stayed with her sometimes for their and her lifehtimes.

This level of the pyramid know full well that their strength is in loyalty, not power.

Philip is a man's man, always was, knocked around for most of his youth without a penny to his name, served well in WWII and doesn't affect airs and graces, all of which endear him to staff.

It's left for self-regarding middle-class Americans to treat staff with imperious incivility.

And, interestingly, Wallis Simpson was given to the same mistake: running her gloved hand along a mantelpiece and bawling for staff if any dust appeared.

by Anonymousreply 260July 8, 2020 1:23 PM

No tea throwing? I am ENRAGED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261July 8, 2020 1:29 PM

Treating staff like shit is such a sign of poor character.

by Anonymousreply 262July 8, 2020 1:41 PM

As an elder looking back, I would say that my teens and 20s were the height of my youthful stupidity. But my 30s were the height of stupidity PLUS thinking I knew it all. These two are right in that obnoxious sweet spot.

by Anonymousreply 263July 8, 2020 1:41 PM

Why r249/r252? Because you have mistaken set views about Philip based on stereotypes?

by Anonymousreply 264July 8, 2020 1:45 PM

R264, because Philip has a track record of being pretty disrespectful to the general public. Insulting an elderly car park attendant for not recognising him, saying that a Bangladeshi teenage boy "looks like he's on drugs" in his earshot, asking a Kenyan woman if she's actually a woman, that sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 265July 8, 2020 2:07 PM

I thought MM embarrassed Harry at that wedding. First by showing up unexpectedly, as they had broken up, and then by being rude to a waiter. There are pics of this on the Harry Markle website.

by Anonymousreply 266July 8, 2020 2:50 PM

It is also very bad manners to ask someone else's staff to "do something" for you - it somewhat depends what the "something" was. If Meghan was a guest of the Cambridges in their home and wanted her dress pressed, there probably wouldn't have been any problem. If Meghan happened to be incidentally in proximity to Cambridge staff and asked one to run out on an errand for her, that's different.

This isn't the 19th century; just because someone is "in service" doesn't mean they are serfs.

by Anonymousreply 267July 8, 2020 10:08 PM

The title of this thread, obviously one of the many headlines purporting to know anything about what anyone in the BRF is thinking or feeling, is being debunked on a weekly basis by Meghan's and Harry's relentless vendetta against the royal family, who now serve as the convenient fulcrum of all their anger, spite, and perceived injustices.

In the last two weeks, presumably with Harry's complicit approval, Meghan has dragged into her lawsuit the institution of the monarchy AND the names of three other members of the family whose situations are not remotely equivalent to those of senior working royals on the public payrolls, and prompted Harry (who we all know is dumber than a box of rocks) to engage in bashing the Commonwealth, which in its modern day iteration (dating only from 1949, not part of the British Empire, a voluntary organisation that contains nations who never were part of the Empire and several that rejoined after leaving) is one his grandmother's most enduring legacies, as it is she who has nurtured it over the last 65 years.

If Harry feels any guilt vis-a-vis his blood family, he has a strange way of showing it. He and his wife did not wish his long loved older brother Happy Birthday, nor did they wish his little daughter Happy Birthday.

The truth is, Harry is backing up his wife in a full-scale war against people and an institution that they think make easy targets. Eugenie and Beatrice are his first cousins.

They aren't making the monarchy and the Cambridges look worse: only better by comparison.

The problem with bridge-burning is that the person wielding the petrol bomb can also get singed. Once those ashes are cold and years go by and you wonder why you were so interested in burnt bridges, it's too late to rebuild.

The choices Harry is making now are clear, and they will impact the rest of his life and his son's life.

Were I the Harkles, the continued public silence of the Windsors in the face of these egregiously and clearly deliberate venomous attacks would make me nervous.

Unless, of course, part of their anger is that they already know they're going to lose the rest of their royal status eventually.

by Anonymousreply 268July 9, 2020 1:34 PM

Just a thought: Maybe the Queen told them they could maintain their Duke and Duchess titles for one year, to help them get a start on 'independence'. Perhaps now that Covid has robbed the Harkles of any traction, they have requested an extension, and perhaps the Queen has said no to the extension. Hence the vitriol being lobbed across the Atlantic by the Harkles.

by Anonymousreply 269July 9, 2020 5:31 PM

The whole thing is a clusterfuck. MM you ain't gonna win. Just ask Diana, oops too late for that.

by Anonymousreply 270July 9, 2020 5:57 PM

"Just a thought: Maybe the Queen told them they could maintain their Duke and Duchess titles for one year, to help them get a start on 'independence'. Perhaps now that Covid has robbed the Harkles of any traction, they have requested an extension, and perhaps the Queen has said no to the extension. Hence the vitriol being lobbed across the Atlantic by the Harkles."

It's as good a theory as any, and would go far to explain the seemingly headlong rush to badmouth the institution, go what otherwise would be seen as inappropriately political, and insult the York sisters.

I note there hasn't been a peep either from the Yorks or the Kents since Meghan's new papers came to light.

It would rather support your theory that the game really is up and everyone has been instructed to keep shtum until the end of the play, and let the Harkles build up their ill-natured record so no one is surprised when, metaphorically speaking, the curtain falls on their titles.

by Anonymousreply 271July 9, 2020 6:18 PM

"Just a thought: Maybe the Queen told them they could maintain their Duke and Duchess titles for one year, to help them get a start on 'independence'. Perhaps now that Covid has robbed the Harkles of any traction, they have requested an extension, and perhaps the Queen has said no to the extension. Hence the vitriol being lobbed across the Atlantic by the Harkles."

It's as good a theory as any, and would go far to explain the seemingly headlong rush to badmouth the institution, go what otherwise would be seen as inappropriately political, and insult the York sisters.

I note there hasn't been a peep either from the Yorks or the Kents since Meghan's new papers came to light.

It would rather support your theory that the game really is up and everyone has been instructed to keep shtum until the end of the play, and let the Harkles build up their ill-natured record so no one is surprised when, metaphorically speaking, the curtain falls on their titles.

by Anonymousreply 272July 9, 2020 6:18 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 273July 12, 2020 1:55 PM

R265, Philip is known for being direct and for his gaffes, which have been aimed at every race including white Britons. That doesn't mean he isn't a complex character and a decent person to his staff and to those who know him.

by Anonymousreply 274July 12, 2020 2:50 PM

Harry Meg and Jess in their dream future....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 12, 2020 3:44 PM

Harry meg and Jess go to "save" Africa. (I will stop now)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276July 12, 2020 4:07 PM

What's interesting about the video and photos of the video is that Harry looks half-transparent, like something out of "Blithe Sprirt", whilst Meghan, of course, is in several degrees of sharper focus and at the center of the screen.

Harry is literally and figuratively fading into his wife's shadow.

I can only imagine the grief and horror in Harry's blood family, looking on at what he's become with this succubus attached to him.

by Anonymousreply 277July 12, 2020 8:44 PM

^*Spirit . . .

by Anonymousreply 278July 12, 2020 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!