Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Supreme Court strikes down Louisiana abortion clinic law

Poor deplorables! Can’t seem to catch a break.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:10 AM

How many abortions did Brett Kavanagh and Clarence Thomas pay for?

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 4:42 PM

Remember when Susan Collins promised us Kavanagh wouldn't try to take away abortion rights?

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 4:45 PM

The "deplorable" who actually wrote the law that was struck down today. Is a female African-American Democratic politician.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 4:47 PM

r3, it's Republicans who support it. Most Dems are against it.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 4:49 PM

Deplorables are the biggest losers of all time and it’s going to get even worse for them.

It’s really sad.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 4:56 PM

R4 Around a third of Democratic voters identify as Pro-Life, only 39% of Dems support abortion being legal under any and all circumstances. The top position among Democrats, Republicans, and Independents is all Legal under CERTAIN circumstances, 55% of Rep, 56% Ind, and 45% of Dem. As much as people want to see Abortion as a clear cut partisan issue, it isn't. More Republicans are Pro-Life and more Democrats are Pro-Choice, but it is far from unanimous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 6:22 PM

r6, you can find other polls showing otherwise

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 6:33 PM

And Chief Justice Roberts sided with the liberal majority.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 6:52 PM

R7 no, it is standard across all polls that the actual party members have various views on the issue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 6:52 PM

Democratic my ass. That bitch needs to be stripped of her Democratic party affiliation ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 7:39 PM

[quote]How many abortions did Brett Kavanagh and Clarence Thomas pay for?

Not even 10% of the number that Trump has paid for.

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 8:01 PM

r9, there are plenty of polls showing that most people believe Roe V Wade shouldn't be overturned

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 11:58 PM

R12: But that's not his talking point! He wants Democrats to abandon abortion rights because....these polls. And did you know a BLACK wrote the bill? Did you know that that BLACK was a WOMAN? And did you know that black woman was a DEMOCRAT? Checkmate, libtards!

And did you know that HighPoint Coffee is DECAFFEINATED?

by Anonymousreply 13June 30, 2020 12:08 AM

R12 Which isn't inconsistent with the polls, I linked to, which shows that the largest group of people across the partisan landscape is that it should be legal with restrictions. The number of people supporting abortion should always be legal and those supporting the idea it should never be legal, are both the minority. The largest group of people are saying it should be legal, but there should be limits to it.

by Anonymousreply 14June 30, 2020 12:09 AM

R14: That's nice, dear. And it has NOTHING to do with today's Supreme Court decision to not require practitioners offering abortion to be required to be burdened with admitting privileges at a hospital.

by Anonymousreply 15June 30, 2020 12:14 AM

Every politician in Washington wants abortion to be legal.

Trump has packed the courts with right wing judges and there is nothing we can do about it.

by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 12:17 AM

R3/R6/R9/R14 is a right wing troll who I couldn't even see at first, having blocked him on account of him being a right wing asshole.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 12:26 AM

R15 Yes, it does. Most people see admitting privileges as a restriction, not a ban. Almost every other doctor that perform outpatient surgical procedures, have either admitting privileges or transfer agreements. For example any ASC(Ambulatory surgery centers) are required by Federal law to either have a transfer agreement or all the doctors on staff must have admitting privileges in order for them to participate in Medicare.

R17 thinks anyone, who disagrees with him or doesn't completely toe the party line is a right-wing troll.

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 12:34 AM

R18: Everything you just said is completely irrelevant to this issue. The issue is BURDENING practitioners by requiring them to be admitted at hospitals they will NEVER practice at. The law BURDENS women by eliminating abortion providers in a state, which is the outcome of this law in Louisiana had it been upheld. So it was a BAN. And Medicare does not pay for abortions, dear. So your little non-sequitur about this is also irrelevant.

R17 is correct. You ARE a right wing troll. Now sit down and shut up, junior. And I won't have to take off my belt....

by Anonymousreply 19June 30, 2020 12:55 AM

R19 I know Medicare does not fund abortions, dear. My point is that if we require it of other surgical procedures it should be required for all surgical procedures. Do you think abortions are not surgeries?

It is true that I do not like nor will I ever support abortion. I accept it as at most a necessary evil, and I support the old position of "Safe, Legal, and Rare." If that makes me a right-wing troll, so be it. I have no problem with restrictions on the procedure. Ultimately, I'd prefer that it is only performed in hospitals and that any non-religious hospital would be required to perform the procedure.

by Anonymousreply 20June 30, 2020 1:12 AM

[quote]I know Medicare does not fund abortions, dear

Possibly because very few people over 65 get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 21June 30, 2020 2:10 AM

Some of would have liked for abortions to be retroactive.

by Anonymousreply 22June 30, 2020 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!