Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Grindr Race Filter is Cancelled!

I've just installed an update for Grindr and the filter is gone!

I expect a wave of profiles stating "whites only" "for black men" "no Asians".

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2020 10:53 PM

I always though that was weird. white guy sas a joke would put "pacific islander" and shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 1:46 PM

Grindr as a whole should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 2:19 PM

CANCELING my account. I don’t want to be contacted by homely looking broke blacks that I’d be horrified to trust inside of my home.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2020 11:48 AM

Oh, no. Without race filters, how will I prevent racist pieces of shit like R3 from coming into my feed?

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2020 12:10 PM

[quote] CANCELING my account. I don’t want to be contacted by homely looking broke blacks that I’d be horrified to trust inside of my home.

She says longingly and with more than a hint of titillation.

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2020 12:16 PM

When I turn on Grindr, tranny whores and Asian bottoms fill up half the screen.

No way that I’m going to pay Grindr for delivering a shit experience.

Scruff is superior...once a tranny is blocked, they stay blocked. No recreating another profile using a fake email.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2020 12:18 PM

There's definitely FAR more men (and not trans) on Scruff than Grindr. And much fewer stupid filter-heavy photos from clearly blind people that think they look like models. I wonder why that is.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2020 12:21 PM

I don’t like that on scruff ur not able to see if ur message has been read

by Anonymousreply 8July 19, 2020 9:03 AM

Can you filter out people who have had sex with Danny Pintauro?

by Anonymousreply 9July 19, 2020 9:18 AM

It you are white, cis-male, and appear masculine, you must have sex with whomever seeks it, or its literal violence and racist and/or transphobic and/or ageist and/or fat shaming.

by Anonymousreply 10July 19, 2020 2:46 PM

Truth ↖️

by Anonymousreply 11July 19, 2020 7:17 PM

Oh MARY!!! THE HORROR!

by Anonymousreply 12July 19, 2020 7:41 PM

Isn’t it usually pretty obvious based on the photos? I haven’t used an app in a while, but the race filter wasn’t necessary to filter out races.

by Anonymousreply 13July 19, 2020 7:51 PM

So what? Only non-hosting bottoms on Grindr anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14July 20, 2020 1:05 PM

Since race filter was turned off I’ve I’ve been contacted repeatedly by insatiable asian btms and thuggy urban types wanting to know if I’ll btm for them. 😡

by Anonymousreply 15July 20, 2020 11:37 PM

Bring back the race filter PLEASE!!!

by Anonymousreply 16August 9, 2020 12:58 PM

I've never used Grinder so I have a question. I thought filters were only used in searches, it sounds like filters on Grinder restrict ones profile from appearing at all in other feeds. Is that correct?

by Anonymousreply 17August 9, 2020 1:09 PM

[quote] I don’t like that on scruff ur not able to see if ur message has been read

What is “ur”. Is that more trans-speak like “Xe” and “Xer”?

by Anonymousreply 18August 9, 2020 1:49 PM

I'd like to filter out trans and their obsessive followers. I wish I could filter out uncut people. Also people who just send their hole without saying a word... Does anyone like seeing that?!

by Anonymousreply 19August 9, 2020 1:59 PM

On scruff, you can always just filter for trans, bulk block the profiles, and then remove the filter. At some point, scruff will probably ban this too though.

by Anonymousreply 20August 9, 2020 2:50 PM

Good, that was a completely inane idea to begin with, only done to temporarily appease the wokes. Once they verified how much their revenue was dropping, you bet that reversed it ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 21August 9, 2020 2:56 PM

Race filter is still MIA on Grindr.

So still having my feed be inundated with homely looking “urban” thug bros who I don’t feel comfortable allowing into my home (especially after dark).

by Anonymousreply 22August 12, 2020 8:12 PM

I’m looking for a filter to find all of the 18 year olds looking for quick cash.

by Anonymousreply 23August 12, 2020 8:34 PM

Agree with r23 ^

by Anonymousreply 24August 12, 2020 8:53 PM

whts wrong with sayin u oonly wanna be with certain races???

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2020 12:26 AM

it's been ages since i've been on grinder. but i thought anyone of any race could contact anyone else, e.g., i didn't know that r22 could block certain races before but can't now.

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2020 12:33 AM

Back when R26 used it, the name was “Grinder” and it cost you 3 nickels a month, 4 if you like the freaky stuff.

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2020 12:36 AM

Why are there so many W&Ws for R3's post? Is this wee shits' attempt at irony, or what it looks like?

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2020 12:38 AM

it was free when i used it, r27. do you actually pay for sex apps?

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2020 12:40 AM

Definitely with R23 on this one.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2020 1:03 PM

It's one thing to write it in your profile, it's another thing for the application to encourage bad habits by making it an option

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2020 2:56 PM

R28 probably because it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2020 10:44 PM

Now if you want to avoid other races, you have to physically move to another location.

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote]It's one thing to write it in your profile, it's another thing for the application to encourage bad habits by making it an option

r31, bad habit? Whose business is it if I, a black man, want to easily find other black men? And yes, it goes both ways, white men are allowed to be into other white men. I find this push to shame/guilt/harass people for liking what they like to be utterly bizarre. Not only that, it's completely ineffectual and misguided. The whole point of apps like Grindr is to filter through the morass and find what gets you off.

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2020 2:45 AM

Guess I’m gonna have to move to Kansas now!

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2020 2:49 AM

I haven't used Grindr in years but I remember regularly cycling through White, Latino, and Middle Eastern because I wanted to maximize the use of the free version by getting the most results. I remember that without the filter, you'd be limited to 200 guys which is not a lot if you live in a big city. Even if I had the premium version, it still doesn't make sense to have to go through potentially hundreds of men you're not attracted to or worse, getting involved with an FTM by accident.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2020 3:20 AM

Removing the race filter doesn’t accomplish anything, people will still ignore messages from those who aren’t of interest.

But I laugh when gay guys complain about Being inundated with messages from thirsty trannies, because it most definitely doesn’t happen. Trans get more interest on Grindr than even the hottest gay men, and they get that attention from hot, DL guys who most often only want trans and have no profile pics. Trans do NOT have to make the first move on Grindr at all, so stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2020 3:34 AM

Considering Grindr was created as an APP FOR MEN TO HAE SEX WITH MEN, the TRANS (who were are told nonstop 'are women') should be BANNED from Grindr!!!

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2020 4:05 AM

R37 you are delusional and clearly trans.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2020 10:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!