Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL Favorite Alok Vaid-Menon on New Age of TQIA+BLG Activism

The sad thing is that he brings up some interesting and valid points (e.g., about having no choice to be out, or about living in a big city vs. rural Texas) but, at the same time, he also casually dismisses the lived reality of so many (allegedly) 'privileged' LGB people. And, of course, he's not open and honest about all the crazy things trans activists are actually trying to push through politically.

Anyway, I wondered... He is calling himself a 'gender non-conforming person' here, so does he see himself as a man who likes to wear makeup and women's clothes, or does he really identify as NB and pretend to be some unicorn non-sex? I'm all for breaking stereotypes of what a man or a woman has to look like, but I can only roll my eyes about 'non-binaries' who pretend so have no sex.

Oh, and of course something to trigger DL: the myth of TWOC starting the LGB liberation movement continues!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2021 4:20 AM

Jeez, could this person not have consulted a beauty guide or plucked some eyebrow, FFS?! Holy cow. He’s an ugly man and even more hideous as a “woman.”

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 8:01 AM

Why is he dressed as Frida Kahlo? This is anti-hispanic racist cultural appropriation.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 8:05 AM

It's Pat! The 2020 version, of course.

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 8:14 AM

Oh no Xhr AGAIN!

Doesn't this clown realise there are far more important things in the world at the moment than giving xhr the oxygen of publicity.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 8:28 AM

Great. We've gotten them to remove the T from LGBT themselves! LGB, it is.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 8:43 AM

[quote] he also casually dismisses the lived reality of so many (allegedly) 'privileged' LGB people.

The Stanford grad son of a doctor and a health care company CEO wants to talk about privilege? Ok.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Now if we can just drop L and B.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 8:51 AM

This guy should NOT be non binary. He's just an ugly man. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 8:56 AM

I doubt it is much of a sea change unless he is finally getting laid - is he hoping some hot black top is going throw him a pity fuck? Nah - those DL men don't give a shit about gay men much less the rest of the alphabet.

And I hate to break it to him but this moment will fade like every other issue but unless democrats get elected in a nationwide sweep taking back the senate and presidency along with several state legislatures, no serious reforms will ever get past any republican. You may get some minor symbolic bills (like the Hate Crimes bill in GA which has been introduced but never moved from committee for the last 20+ years but it is just a sentencing enhancement and of course Kemp is going to "balance" it out with new protections for cops). I don't see Alok canvassing for Joe Biden or any democrat so hope he enjoys his 15 minutes on cable news....

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 8:57 AM

Well Canada went down this route over the last few years with the pride committees taken over by these nutters and they banned gay cops from marching in uniform, put the crazy anti-israel palestinian groups front and center, and banned most corporate sponsorship. And now they have lost so much money, including from some city governments like Toronto, that they are basically bankrupt and most people have no interest in the crazy politics so attendance is down and no one wants to take on the loonies so who knows what will happen. It was 2 or 3 years ago when one city made BLM the honorary hosts and they returned the favor by protesting the Pride march by staging a sit in for several hours - and they were the fucking invited hosts. I guess we avoided that by just making it a BLM march and avoiding the spectacle. Anyway, since gay rights are now considered a racist privilege, are we supposed to just focus on queer POC trans sex workers?

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 9:07 AM

R10 interesting take, I appreciated it. Isn't it starting to look like Pride as an event is going the way of Freaknik and fading out? Is there even a need for a Pride anymore? I'm 31 so by the time I started going it was already a corporate-saturated affair, but notably absent was the horrid SJW atmosphere that forbids fun and makes scolding lectures mandatory. Fuck me, but I think that gay men and women should be the focus of gay pride, not literal heterosexuals "identifying themselves as queer" or a "non-binary demisexual aromantic gender queer. "

by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 10:00 AM

It's a sea change ladies and gent...er , oppressors and non-binaries.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Whatever. This entity is annoying. Go away.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 10:57 AM

Indian diaspora are always desperate status seekers.

Which results in things like this.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 11:06 AM

r3 Marry me!

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 11:13 AM

R4 described Xhr perfectly.

A clown.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 11:14 AM

Do they have a dick pic?

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 11:18 AM

I think xe's tremendous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 11:20 AM

Why do "nonbinary" men always look like a man's idea of what a women looks like and never a woman's idea of what a woman looks like?

When they play dress-up, it always winds up being a stereotype of what a female looks like.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 1:22 PM

[quote] When they play dress-up, it always winds up being a stereotype of what a female looks like.

No more so than butch lesbians or 'transmen', who always try to look like Poochie from The Simpsons.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 1:31 PM

[quote] Well Canada went down this route over the last few years with the pride committees taken over by these nutters and they banned gay cops from marching in uniform, put the crazy anti-israel palestinian groups front and center, and banned most corporate sponsorship.

Coming soon to a Pride organization near you. Gay and lesbian cops are not going to be marching in uniform at Pride parades anywhere very soon. People in the US tried to resist this in 2017 and through last year. But that is about to change. In the wake of George Floyd the reformers have sensed an opening and a vulnerability. There has been intense pressure over the last few weeks to force Pride organizing committees to publicly forbid cops in uniforms from marching and being visible. I say build bridges not walls, but that doesn’t seem popular.

If the “woke folx” take over you can look forward to very little fun but lots of scolding lectures about all the ills of the world.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 1:51 PM

[quote]If the “woke folx” take over you can look forward to very little fun but lots of scolding lectures about all the ills of the world.

Yep. This is why women have to be kept out of Pride.

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 1:53 PM

I took one look at that picture and LMAO!

As a gay man, I'm sick and tired of the gay community being hijacked and exploited by these mentally ill freaks. I stopped supporting gay causes because I'm tired of being associated with these anti-social, confrontational weirdos.

The heteros now detest all of us and it has made all of the hard work by gay men to achieve equality irrelevant. LGBT needs to separate.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 2:06 PM

Alok is an upper class/upper caste Brahmin. The very definition of privilege.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 2:09 PM

Alok is like a turd that keeps popping up.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 2:11 PM

🤡🤡

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 2:13 PM

So, we're all just supposed to ignore the privilege this person has had, has, and will always have that allowed this person to go to Stanford and somehow be able to afford a rather expensive seeming lifestyle without actually engaging in income earning activities?

Sure, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 2:14 PM

"......all of the hard work by gay men to achieve equality irrelevant"

Men are never good for women in any context, are they?

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 2:28 PM

Another poor soul seeking attention in more ways than one. In the years to come he'll look back at his behavior and be horrified.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 2:46 PM

A Stanford grad, well-off parents who funded him in NYC for years so he could gad about doing nothing but play dress-up. Has never held an actual job. He's more privileged than 90% of white people.

Oh, and he experiences "harassment" every day because of the way he looks. Well, honey, if you dress like a rodeo clown every time you go out in public you'll get gawked at. Anybody who dresses like that will get the same treatment.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 3:06 PM

Gorgeousity!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 3:10 PM

[quote] The Stanford grad son of a doctor and a health care company CEO wants to talk about privilege? Ok.

If he (and his friends) didn’t have that socio-economic and educational background, nobody would’ve written about or heard of him. I think this whole movement is just a bunch of boring and talentless Ivy League rich kids who desperately want to be thought of as interesting.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 3:14 PM

That dress is made for curves which he is lacking.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 3:15 PM

Okay here's a controversial take: A lot of Asian gay men end up like this because they're bitter they can't score any straight white dick.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 3:15 PM

Ohmygawd!

I've heard of this Alok character, but never seen him before. What a terrifying freakshow!

Non-binary my ass, that's a fucking hairy-assed guy in a muu muu!

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 3:20 PM

Here's the thing: no woman who dressed like that would be invited onto NBC to pontificate about gender. For a woman to be allowed access to such platforms, she would have to dress conservatively and 'sensibly'; nothing outrageous or too colourful or too playful that would detract from what it is they have to say. Their makeup, similarly, would be expected to be modest and subtle. Not too aestheticised and not too sexual.

This expectation is an outrage, of course. Women should be able to dress however they fucking want, and still be taken seriously. But until the patricarchy is dismantled (and it should) things will continue to be like this for women, and they will have to adhere to patriarchal societal expectations in order to be heard and respected.

But for all their protestations, that isn't what's happening here. Nothing is being dismantled by Vaid-Menon. The freedom to be 'gender non-conforming' in the public eye is a privileged afforded to bodies that would otherwise be regarded as male. The freedom to not be neither male nor female, while being given a public platform, kookily made up in an orange dress with purple hair, is another form of a specifically male privilege.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 3:30 PM

[quote]Here's the thing: no woman who dressed like that would be invited onto NBC to pontificate about gender. For a woman to be allowed access to such platforms, she would have to dress conservatively and 'sensibly'; nothing outrageous or too colourful or too playful that would detract from what it is they have to say. Their makeup, similarly, would be expected to be modest and subtle. Not too aestheticised and not too sexual.

Women can wear whatever they want. It's men who can't.

[quote]This expectation is an outrage, of course. Women should be able to dress however they fucking want, and still be taken seriously. But until the patricarchy is dismantled (and it should) things will continue to be like this for women, and they will have to adhere to patriarchal societal expectations in order to be heard and respected.

Men should be able to dress however they want. And your visceral reaction to Alok is because he's a man in a dress.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 3:38 PM

Sometimes, it's hard to be a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 3:40 PM

Uh. I hate Charlotte Clymer. She supported Warren not Pete.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 3:43 PM

I’d have some respect for ‘lesbian’ Charlie Clymer if they were prepared to take hormones to shrink their cock and balls or even have it inverted into a nice ladygarden, but no, they’re very non committal about being a woman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:47 PM

[quote]I’d have some respect for ‘lesbian’ Charlie Clymer if they were prepared to take hormones to shrink their cock and balls or even have it inverted into a nice ladygarden, but no, they’re very non committal about being a woman.

Stop it.

That's incredibly dangerous and unhealthy.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 3:49 PM

Was it alok or Jacob that wrote an article about not understanding why children stare at him when he’s out in public?

Alok is the one who said little girls are sexy right? Jacob is the one who claimed ikea was transphobic because he was asleep when they showed up to his house to deliver his furniture but left when no one answered the door.

I agree r40 Charlotte clymer is dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 3:54 PM

Oh that reminds me R42! Does anyone remember that long winded self-pity-fest article Alok wrote about how he couldn't find a boyfriend and nobody would have sex with him and he didn't understand why?

It seems pretty obvious to me...

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 3:59 PM

DL fave??? Whose fave? Anyone want to claim?

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 4:02 PM

I don't care what genitals Charlotte has, as that is not any of my business, but I do mind how thirst she is for attention.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 4:04 PM

WTF is that thing?

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:12 PM

Xhir is [bold]NonGenderNonbinaryQueerColorfulNonsomethingPlussomethingMultibinaryNonmalefemale[/bold] with very serious feminine back hair R46.

Everybody knows that!

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 4:19 PM

Uh oh... I ruined the thread.

Closing [/bold]

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 4:20 PM

Alok said little girls were "kinky, deviant and mean" R42.

Actually it was Meredith who wrote that crap r43.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]Yep. This is why women have to be kept out of Pride.

You should just hang out with the misogynistic MtF cult because you'd fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2020 7:01 PM

It's women who brought the ludicrous non-binary and queer identities into Pride, making a mockery of gay men's struggle.

They, and you, R51, need to get the fuck out of gay men's spaces.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2020 7:43 PM

[quote] Well Canada went down this route over the last few years with the pride committees taken over by these nutters and they banned gay cops from marching in uniform, put the crazy anti-israel palestinian groups front and center, and banned most corporate sponsorship.

This is one of the few times I'm glad America is more conservative than Canada.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2020 8:29 PM

It never ends!

First the daffy NY Times, now take a look at the Google Doodle for the day....Marsha P. Johnson and the trans flag!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 4:46 AM

Wherever It is, it's fucking ugly

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 6:20 AM

Has his poor Indian grandmother died of a broken, embarrassed heart yet?

by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 6:26 AM

I am impressed by the combination of a Donna Brazeale hairdo and the "Oh Mighty Isis!" 1970s disco Egyptian superhero necklace.

by Anonymousreply 56June 30, 2020 6:29 AM

Even in the 00s, if someone acted like this and wrote shitty poetry, they would be laughed at. Yet somehow Alok has gotten even famous celebs like Sam Smith to "celebrate" his shitty writing and he gets to speak at actual prominent gigs. WTF is wrong with society?

by Anonymousreply 57June 30, 2020 5:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 30, 2020 5:58 PM

Point a finger at pocket gay and cis white rich blogger Andy Towle for giving this hypocrite more space to spew his drivel.

by Anonymousreply 59June 30, 2020 6:12 PM

Grifterocracy. That's what we live in. And yes, it includes the Grifter in Chief.

by Anonymousreply 60June 30, 2020 7:05 PM

So is it a man or a woman? Because those are the only two options.

by Anonymousreply 61June 30, 2020 7:22 PM

Who cares. At this point the only people listening to what he and people of his ilk have to say are those who share the same delusions. It's like Fox News. What's the point in being outraged at what they have to say when the only people who listen to it are those who share the same sentiments as it.

by Anonymousreply 62June 30, 2020 8:00 PM

Goodness, the anti trans folks here are exhausting.

That horse must not only be good and dead, but being pounded towards the earth's core.

by Anonymousreply 63June 30, 2020 8:03 PM

R63 He isn't trans, that's the problem. Trans people are completely fine and valid. Just like gay people all they want to do is live their own life and be their true selves. People like this are something different.

by Anonymousreply 64June 30, 2020 8:07 PM

[quote] Uh. I hate Charlotte Clymer. She supported Warren not Pete.

You sound smart.

by Anonymousreply 65June 30, 2020 8:08 PM

Man in dress is still man. Such man has penes which needs the licking. When lady licke the penes she get the money. So I say, Welcomen Alok! I be Best Friend to you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 30, 2020 9:03 PM

Meredith Whatsersnatch should be here any second now.

by Anonymousreply 67June 30, 2020 9:09 PM

Ole Sour Puss is going to be 29 tomorrow on July 1st. Wish her/him/it/whatever a Happy Birthday!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 30, 2020 9:21 PM

What is the point of this person? All he does is dress like a circus clown for his Instagram photos, apparently. That's basically his entire day's work. Why should we care?

by Anonymousreply 69June 30, 2020 9:23 PM

That pose and dress style looks like something that Lena Dunham would do - I'll bet the both of them could be best buddies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 30, 2020 9:25 PM

Who's Lena Dunham?

by Anonymousreply 71June 30, 2020 9:28 PM

Stop giving these people a venue for their idiocy, just ignore them.

by Anonymousreply 72June 30, 2020 9:34 PM

I've read quite a few insightful comments on this thread. Really, more consistancy than usual. Anyone who doesn't understand why gays & lesbians are so opposed to the the trans population consuming the Pride movement simply needs to consider this character, his platform, his peers & their rather desultory demands. The leftists & the woke--and even those who live in the 'burbs & just want to be supportive of Pride--consider Alok & people like him trans. They are not, any more than asexual people are homosexual people. Gay people have calculated & worked diligently to bring us to this point in our history, seemingly to have it invaded by individuals who exists in supposition & nuance, as if they are attempting to convincingly translate their virtual social media identities into the real world. Their adhering to the Pride movement is tantamount to bringing untrained rescue dogs home to live with trained show dogs--and all help breaks lose. No one is denying anyone's or any group's right to be prideful, just organize your own telethon.

All of this infiltration & distortion of the gay movement has most certainly caused me to become a conservatively minded person, or rather a more practically, realistically minded person. I very much understand the conservative movement with the black community in the light of BLM's extremism, lack of focus & the movements infiltration with fringe leftists. I still possess much of my democratic ethics & principles, but after so many self-righteous voices contradicting the one before it & so many self-appointed experts acting upon ego & emotion, enough is enough.

And since I've made this shift personally I've noticed one very curious detail: My conservative friends really don't care about anyone's sexuality, gender or race. My liberal friends? Those fuckers obsess over those & anything associated, far beyond being constructive or desire to be progressive.

by Anonymousreply 73June 30, 2020 9:55 PM

Except for the chest hair, I thought for sure I was looking at the housekeeper we had when I was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2020 10:01 PM

r73 ITA 100%

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2020 10:03 PM

Can't we just bring back the word "cross-dresser" for these sort of folk?

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2020 10:03 PM

[quote] Trans people are completely fine and valid. Just like gay people all they want to do is live their own life and be their true selves.

Let me guess, you don't actually know any trans people, right?

by Anonymousreply 77July 1, 2020 2:01 AM

Meredith was the one that did the performance art where she did a back flip and landed on a dildo mounted on the stage at Harvard.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Meredith wrote that horrible article titled something like "why you're coolest gender non-confirming friends can't get laid". Trash. But she is the most normal looking of the three (Alok, Jacob, Meredith, etc.)

by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2020 2:38 AM

They can't get laid because they look fucking batshit CRAZY. Nobody wants to fuck with crazy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2020 2:43 AM

If Alok dropped the gender fluid shtick, adopted a lifestyle a bit closer to normal, waxed his back, hit the gym hard, dressed in flattering men’s clothes, and subtly let it be known that he comes from money, he’d have no trouble getting laid or getting a boyfriend. He has some strengths but he’s not playing to them at all.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2020 3:06 AM

R80 No, crazy wants to fuck crazy, which is why they all love themselves so much.

The problem is these people are picky. They refuse to fuck other non-binaries and genderqueer freaks. They only want to have relationships with cis, straight, muscular, attractive men. But obviously those dudes want nothing to do with them because when you're a cis, straight, muscular, attractive man why would you want to fuck a fat hairy man who wears makeup and dresses and would probably murder you in your sleep?

by Anonymousreply 82July 1, 2020 3:07 AM

Exactly r82. For all their bitching and moaning about "cis men" those are the only guys they feel that they're entitled to. They want the All-American jock. As if that's ever going to happen. Guys like that don't give these freaks the time of day, and they're bitter as hell about it.

by Anonymousreply 83July 1, 2020 3:22 AM

[quote] They only want to have relationships with cis, straight, muscular, attractive men.

How ironic. Where are all these SJWs out there? Shouldn't they be screaming "STOP FETISHIZING" at these people?

by Anonymousreply 84July 1, 2020 3:25 AM

Yeah, this pretty summarizes why I find this moment in the timeline to be so frustrating.

I'm black. I'm gay. I've always lamented the whitewashing of the gay experience and I want to be happy that POC are being elevated of positions of power and influence within our community. However, the Right went to the extreme and the Left answered with their extreme. That's what I see in a lot of the fringe left activism that has iterated in LGBTQ+ circles. And the sad part is that there isn't enough maturity to entertain honest discourse and ask honest questions.

I love me some femme gay men. And I believe the vast majority of them are naturally feminine and got a lot of shit for it growing up. Thing is that they can't help it. Alok and these people...do they *have* to parade around in flamboyant clothes designed for women? If that's how they feel comfortable then that's fine. But why do they take up so much space? Why are we giving more of them platforms than those who literally can't control how they are presented to the world. Femme gay men. POC, women (I feel like people have completely erased lesbians), etc.

Also...are non-binary people really a protected class? Like, aren't they oppressed because they're, like, gay? lol

by Anonymousreply 85July 1, 2020 3:29 AM

It seems like the more privilege they have, the louder they are. Do people really need to identify as someone who struggles?

Is this a slam poetry thing?

Also, everything R81 said.

by Anonymousreply 86July 1, 2020 4:19 AM

So they aren't attracted to each other sexually, but they're mad we aren't sexually attracted to them?

by Anonymousreply 87July 1, 2020 4:55 AM

This loser is why I never want kids. It’s such a crap shoot these days.

by Anonymousreply 88July 1, 2020 4:58 AM

I’m glad I had an abortion r88!

by Anonymousreply 89July 1, 2020 5:16 AM

You know, he really is a fat.

by Anonymousreply 90July 1, 2020 8:08 AM

Interestingly, Alok is Urvashi Vaid's nephew. I detect some intra-family attention-whoring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 1, 2020 9:19 AM

This is some Hunger Games shit. The rich and weird dress colourfully, while the working class are lectured for not doing enough, creating a constant feeling of confusion. It's all part of the plan.

by Anonymousreply 92July 1, 2020 10:21 AM

Whose plan R92?

by Anonymousreply 93July 1, 2020 10:27 AM

The thing that makes Alok and his ilk most unfuckable is not the Frieda Khalo fever dream aesthetic. Looking at their photos, they have the most joyless, sourpuss, insufferable expressions. They must be awfully unpleasant to have around.

by Anonymousreply 94July 1, 2020 10:30 AM

Urvashi Vaid is fake as all fuck. This would be her time except she's a has been. That she's auntie to this wretched thing is must bring her great distaste with double the bitterness of having to disguise it as joy.

by Anonymousreply 95July 1, 2020 1:00 PM

I keep saying he is a Brahmin, but I stand corrected - he's literally an Untouchable (and Unfuckable).

by Anonymousreply 96July 1, 2020 2:01 PM

R94 nails it. Extremely joyless. Everything is a transgression (he, he) and everything is a problem.

by Anonymousreply 97July 2, 2020 12:16 AM

Looks like Klinger, only not as cute

by Anonymousreply 98July 2, 2020 5:36 AM

These guys used to be called cross dressers, and nobody really paid them much attention. It was just considered a weird kink, but harmless. Now it's a third gender or something.

by Anonymousreply 99July 2, 2020 5:43 AM

Alok and his clique are poseurs. They claim to stand for some intellectualised redefinition of gender, but it's really all about getting attention wearing auntie's frocks. And, to be fair, it's working: he has had a book published, has appeared on network television, does speaking tours. Everybody loves the circus!

by Anonymousreply 100July 2, 2020 6:01 AM

QUE ?

by Anonymousreply 101July 2, 2020 6:11 AM

Alok is a hairy gay beastie boy who likes wearing ugly dresses and too many accessories.

by Anonymousreply 102July 2, 2020 7:12 AM

He's rockin a lesbian hairdo circa '92

by Anonymousreply 103July 2, 2020 7:20 AM

Sylvester, Pete Burns and Boy George were doing this long before Alok did. But I guess it's supposed to be "edgy" and "bold" because he's some brown hairy brahmin dude? LOL.

by Anonymousreply 104July 2, 2020 6:10 PM

There is no such thing as "gay privilege".

by Anonymousreply 105July 2, 2020 6:20 PM

^^^^^ There is with decorating ......

by Anonymousreply 106July 2, 2020 6:40 PM

He's a cross dresser. BFD. Why is this so revolutionary and deserving of celebration?

by Anonymousreply 107July 2, 2020 6:53 PM

R107, because he adds shitty poetry and generalwriting to that as well. So groundbreaking! "People always look at me like I'm a freak who is trying to look weird. Why do people think I'm desperate. It's like I just want endless attention. Woe is me.".

by Anonymousreply 108July 2, 2020 7:01 PM

There's nothing wrong with it that a swift kick down a flight of stairs can't cure.

by Anonymousreply 109July 2, 2020 7:48 PM

[quote] Anyway, I wondered... He is calling himself a 'gender non-conforming person' here, so does he see himself as a man who likes to wear makeup and women's clothes, or does he really identify as NB and pretend to be some unicorn non-sex?

I do not just "call myself" a gender non-conforming person--THAT IS WHAT I AM.

Now I have told you, THERE CAN BE NO QUESTION NOW AS TO WHAT I AM. To even question it is to call my LITERAL EXISTENCE into question.

I am reporting you to the authorities for trying to LITERALLY ERASE ME. You can expect big trouble ahead!

by Anonymousreply 110July 2, 2020 7:52 PM

I'd love to be there when xe unloads xir shtick for xir relatives in Texas about how xe considers xirself "a wise Pakistani Auntie giving you the side eye."

by Anonymousreply 111July 2, 2020 7:57 PM

[quote] Sylvester, Pete Burns and Boy George were doing this long before Alok did.

No, unlike Alok they did it with style. Alok and his buddy seem hellbent on looking as unstylish and annoying as possible. They dress like dowdy librarians who know nothing about fashion. They strive to be as ugly as possible which probably tells something profound about their psyche.

by Anonymousreply 112July 2, 2020 8:08 PM

I agree that Alok and Jacob Tobia have zero style. Even if they shaved all the facial and body hair (which they are purposefully leaving to make a statement) they would look awful. They don't choose good color combinations or nice clothes.

by Anonymousreply 113July 2, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote] No, unlike Alok they did it with style.

Youre right, I should have clarified.

by Anonymousreply 114July 2, 2020 10:17 PM

Garish fashion should only be worn by those wanting to be killed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2020 3:39 AM

Maybe they will catch COVID-19 and die.

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2020 4:14 AM

Also: Sylvester, Pete Burns and Boy George were talented artists.

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2020 5:10 AM

R117 - correct. This clown's only talent is for self-publicising xhrself. Xhr's poetry is fucking awful, it's not poetry by any yardstick I'm aware of, just delusional rantings / woe is me, that has no metre, structure or rhyme (yes I know not all poetry rhymes).

Xhr may be a hit on social media, but no one outside of its bubble is even aware of its existence. Lucky them - ignorance is bliss.

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2020 11:42 AM

You will never be able to un-see this.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2020 8:10 PM

r119 😱

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2020 8:24 PM

It's like that two-piece was photoshopped onto his body.

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2020 8:59 PM

Has anyone said "kill it with fire" yet?

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2020 9:15 PM

He doesn't even have 500k followers. So I'd guess he's probably paid for around half of his followers, that puts him at around 250k, then you have accounts that are dead and I'd say that's round 5k of them, and then also people with multiple accounts, plus the people who just follow him for laugh and the guy is probably at the 200k real follower range. Nobody should ever take these people seriously because they have very little sway. So for anyone thinking there won't be a backlash against extreme trans rights, you are wrong.

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2020 10:32 PM

[quote]This loser is why I never want kids. It’s such a crap shoot these days.

Ditto. Imagine having a child and then it turns out like Alok. God, I would have to just kill myself.

by Anonymousreply 124July 5, 2020 3:05 AM

Took over DL fave Colton Haynes IG account today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125November 17, 2020 10:10 PM

He’s a pedophile who believes that children seduce grown men.

by Anonymousreply 126November 17, 2020 10:25 PM

I guess, like Nico Tortellini, ol' Colto is now deep into the Cult of Non-Binary.

Sorry, DL.

by Anonymousreply 127November 18, 2020 12:02 AM

[quote] [bold] #transtakeover [/bold]

How aptly named. At least they’re being honest — though I doubt that was their intention.

by Anonymousreply 128November 18, 2020 3:33 AM

Bless him-her.

Is he-she looking for employment? A colourful old south-of-the-border ladyman housekeeper, their botty wobbling in a bright flowery dress with slippers as they dust and sing, holds great appeal!

by Anonymousreply 129November 18, 2020 3:42 AM

What an ugly person. Shame!

by Anonymousreply 130November 18, 2020 3:57 AM

What i don’t get about trans people is that it’s like a contest who can be less visually appealing

by Anonymousreply 131November 18, 2020 3:59 AM

I just can't discern how we got to this point from gay rights to alphabet soup that forefronts Alok, et al and their gender confusion. Trans was bad enough but at least there was some logic behind it and actual people who were clearly suffering and seemed helped by the transition process but these poseurs seem more like poseurs more than anything else. Its someone decided that the tumblr blogs written by teen girls last decade was actual reality and people just make shit up, even if its internally inconsistent or batshit crazy, and we are just supposed applaud them and put them at the front of Pride parades. Gays had to battle centuries and we had to be studied and have 100s of science studies before we got even a foot in the door and we just handed it over to these cranks who then turn around and attack and invalidate gay men and especially lesbians. What little that is left of the gay media is filled with people like this nut lecturing us on sexuality. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2021 3:01 AM

r132. Dismissing trans as gender confusion is why nobody takes you seriously and immediately dismisses you as a troll.

by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2021 3:07 AM

r133 If you had paid attention, you would have noticed that the confusion comment was about Alok and his ilk and I specifically drew a distinction between actual trans people and this poseur but troll is as troll does - you being the troll here.

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2021 3:21 AM

Ugh. State of that.

by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2021 3:22 AM

r134. LOL are you really trying to TRUMP me?

"No Puppet, no Puppet! YOU'RE THE PUPPET!"

DL always getting the basic ones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2021 3:28 AM

Trans is real. Bisexuality is real. As gay people we should realize that having one's sexual identify dismissed is hurtful and constantly having to defend your true self is fucked up. That said, the whole pansexual thing is 99% for teenage attention whores who will grow up to be gay, straight, trans or bi. Those categories literally cover everything in the human gender/sexuality spectrum. No need for 400 ways to describe not being a white bread eating, God fearing, missionary only sex straight person.

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2021 3:37 AM

The core issue is that other people feel more free to express themselves. Now, I identify as gay and that label is more than enough for me. But I respect other people's decision that gay isn't the right label for them. At the end of the day it's just a label and not my entire personality.

Nobody can push my buttons in that regard. And that is what it's about: Trolls trying to push (your) buttons.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2021 3:45 AM

R138 YES! He looks like a troll doll.

by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2021 3:56 AM

[quote]TQIA+BLG

Uh huh. Do these idiots not even understand how a plus sign works?

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2021 4:12 AM

Such a beautiful and stunning [ ]. Fill in the bracket yourself. I don't know what to call this person.

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2021 4:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!