Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What medication helps with constant irritability and anger?

I find so much of modern life incredibly irritating. I truly do want to be a better and more patient person and I don’t know how to go about it. I vow to myself to never get angry again, and then a few hours later I do.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Marijuana

by Anonymousreply 1June 29, 2020 12:31 AM

Buspar. Don’t do Xanax.

by Anonymousreply 2June 29, 2020 12:33 AM

anti-depressants

by Anonymousreply 3June 29, 2020 12:35 AM

Xanax but they won't give it to you.

by Anonymousreply 4June 29, 2020 12:37 AM

Don't use substances to deal with it. Try calming exercises like deep breathing, meditation, listening to calming music, etc. Insofar as possible, separate yourself from sources of anger and irritation, and resolve not to patronize them.

Drink herbal tea, or other non-caffeinated hot beverages. Exercise. Hydrate; drink lots of water. Get sufficient sleep. You can remake yourself.

by Anonymousreply 5June 29, 2020 12:39 AM

Wellbutrin antidepressant, b-complex vitamin, magnesium too. Don't take benzos, see a therapist and a psychiatrist rather than your regular dr. Your anger is probably well founded, don't beat yourself up.

Years ago, I was raging about a family member and I went to the batting cages and hit slow pitch soft balls while imagining the person's head. Also had the chance to smash about 100 ceramic plates, it was one of the most therapeutic experiences of my life. I've haven't been that angry since then, but I haven't had a reason. Wellbutrin has really help me a lot.

by Anonymousreply 6June 29, 2020 12:39 AM

^BTW, I should have taken meds YEARS ago but didn't want to take a drug. Fuck that. Don't listen to ANY new age bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 7June 29, 2020 12:41 AM

Meditation. Like the Buddhist monks do, daily.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 29, 2020 12:41 AM

DataLounge capsules

Two in the morning. Two late afternoon. And two before bed.

by Anonymousreply 9June 29, 2020 12:43 AM

I found that being isolated with my husband during the initial lockdown, made me more irritable with him and more irritated with the general public. I can’t tolerate dumb ass, selfish, deplorables anymore. My marijuana dispensary card gave me access to edibles. Now, I just pop one of those in, suit up for a 2 hour trail walk, including air buds and music, and finish the day in a zen-like state. Seriously, that combo has changed my life. The combo gummy bear and physical exhaustion take the rage away and make me sleep even better. Highly recommended, no pun intended.

by Anonymousreply 10June 29, 2020 12:44 AM

I recommend to you the shopping. Be best happy with shopping day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 29, 2020 12:47 AM

Cum.

by Anonymousreply 12June 29, 2020 12:49 AM

Solitude, along with Talenti Vanilla Bean Gelato.

by Anonymousreply 13June 29, 2020 12:55 AM

Fluoxetine (generic Prozac) does the job for me. I was finding things were irritating me much more than in the past. Talked to my doctor and he explained that as we get older, our tolerance level starts to drop. Gave me a prescription that, with my insurance, costs me less than $5 for a three month supply. I don’t feel any different in general, except it seems my tolerance level has gone back up.

by Anonymousreply 14June 29, 2020 12:56 AM

Arsenic.

I prescribe it for all of my relatives who are a pain in the ass.

by Anonymousreply 15June 29, 2020 12:57 AM

I've been on various psych meds all my life. I've never tried mj before. I want to try it but am afraid how it will affect my job performance. My job involves a lot of reading and analysis as well as some public speaking.

by Anonymousreply 16June 29, 2020 1:11 AM

Not sure if [R12] was joking or serious -But there have been studies that showed taking semen into their bodies during sex (no condoms) elevated women's mood and sense of self-worth. They concluded that sex was a natural antidepressant.

If OP isn't quite ready to present hole to the world and take all cummers, he should try eating a lot of tofu. Soy products contain large amounts of estrogen, and will lower testosterone levels.

by Anonymousreply 17June 29, 2020 1:17 AM

Irritability is a common symptom of depression and often overlooked.

by Anonymousreply 18June 29, 2020 1:24 AM

I bum Xanax when I feel like I might punch someone in the throat. But I’ve heard it’s very addictive. But it’s so good.

by Anonymousreply 19June 29, 2020 1:35 AM

for me it was a symptom of the ADHD I was diagnosed with. I spent 2 years on Vyvanse and have a much better handle on it.

by Anonymousreply 20June 29, 2020 1:37 AM

I take Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Buspar. Lexapro is great for anxiety and Buspar adds to it.

by Anonymousreply 21June 29, 2020 1:47 AM

Like R14, I take Paroxetine, the genetic version of Xanex. Love it! It's kind of like having a mini-lobotomy!

by Anonymousreply 22June 29, 2020 1:50 AM

Copius amounts of weed.

by Anonymousreply 23June 29, 2020 1:50 AM

I can’t smoke pot. I am bipolar and it makes me too crazy. It is impossible to respect myself when I am always blowing up. I realized yesterday that I don’t really get much pleasure out of life. And I blow up at my passive aggressive partner.

by Anonymousreply 24June 29, 2020 1:57 AM

Sativa edibles.

by Anonymousreply 25June 29, 2020 1:59 AM

Boilermakers and plenty of them.

Take a shot of whiskey, chase it with a beer. Light beer if you are watching your carbs because of being a fatty.

by Anonymousreply 26June 29, 2020 2:15 AM

Tension Tamer Tea does it for me. Medication? That bothers me...

by Anonymousreply 27June 29, 2020 2:16 AM

R18 who isn’t slightly depressed and cranky during these ‘difficult’ times?

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 2:18 AM

Like one of the posters upthread said, Depression in men often presents as Anger and Irritability. After months of blowing up for the littlest thing, my husband went to see a psychiatrist and he prescribed him Wellbutrin. No more over-the-top outbursts, he says he feels better and he can even concentrate at work better.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 2:24 AM

Whisky. Fresh air and some exercise. Sex and if I can't get it, I'm not above ramming my hole with a dildo. It's surprisingly de-stressing.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 2:25 AM

OP, you've likely heard the cliché "depression is anger turned inward." It's a cliché because it's true.

Anger turned outward can also be depression.

I used to be able to tell when I had forgotten to take my Wellbutrin for a couple of days: I started bitching under my breath about people who were driving too slow or otherwise being annoying around me.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 2:54 AM

Perhaps try some Natural Calm magnesium citrate. It’s just a mineral, and I think 80% of adults are deficient. It regulates many body functions, things like blood pressure and it’s relaxing. It’s also a bit laxative.

It can’t hurt, and If it doesn’t help chill you out and sleep better, you can go the pharma route.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 3:01 AM

.05mg Lorazepam. Small, sweet-tasting pill that dissolves under your tongue in 20 seconds, in 15 minutes, your anxiety will pretty much be gone for 8 to 12 hours or more. No after-affects, no drowsiness. I take them whenever I know I'm going to be stressed-out by something, usually meetings. They're great.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 3:04 AM

My partner gets incredibly irritable during the summer months and Depakote has really helped. His psychiatrist prescribed it to him to go with the escitalopram he was already taking. It's not perfect but it has made a noticeable difference.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 3:14 AM

Fox News

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 3:15 AM

Im stuck in a L.A county city that's 100 % mexican and it's driving me crazy. The nonstop hideous Mexican music blasting from every house and the fireworks are making me crazy so a big thank you to all the posters for the great advice.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 3:21 AM

R36 needs to get her sissy ass to Palm Springs before she gets capped.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 3:24 AM

Prozac 40 mg. I 've taken it for years. Can't be in this world without it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 3:35 AM

Either learn Spanish & join the party or move R36.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 3:35 AM

Sleep and antidepressants. If Xanax is necessary, it’s fine. Just don’t overdo it. I also found it happened in my 40s - not a happy time. It just seemed to disappear around 50.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:45 AM

prozac killed my libido, not worth it

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 4:06 AM

Wellbutrin then?

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 4:11 AM

[Quote] taking semen into their bodies during sex (no condoms) elevated women's mood and sense of self-worth

Any similar studies of cum dumped after anal intercourse. I suppose for both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 8:43 AM

R42, You need to see a psychiatrist/pharmacologist who prescribes these medications. They all have side effects, there is trial and error, results may not be immediate. Psychiatrists work with these drugs every day and are up to date with the latest information.

Re Wellbutrin. If my husband over reacts to anything in the morning, I know he hasn't taken his pill. Also, if you have a family member who has had success with a drug you too may be more likely to have a positive result.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 1:32 PM

Reading through this thread makes me wonder if I should be medicating, too.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 1:37 PM

Fentanyl. Go get some, OP

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:52 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!