Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Straight Women Reinforce Sexism Through Their Own Homophobia

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 29, 2021 9:53 PM

Women want to keep men on edge, make them think they’re fags if they’re not after pussy 24/7, but now with the power to destroy them if they do. Pussy as an all-mighty ATM card is the name of the game.

by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 6:49 PM

I have much respect for lesbians and women of color who are veterans at defying gender norms. They usually treat me as a peer, while straight (always white!) women show obeisance to me if they think I’m a straight guy but become cloying and condescending when they find out I’m gay. They do treasure their straight alphas, and I’m not surprised that “50 Shades of Grey” and “365 Days” were both written by this demographic of women, and each has a huge fanbase of them. It’s downright creepy.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 7:10 PM

Every demographic has it's share of self-haters, OP. And apparently no shortage of anti-white misogynists in yours.

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 7:15 PM

I’m not “anti-white” R3, we just maybe should stop coddling white girls with the Disney wedding princess fantasy? I think the reason women of color tend to be tougher and more self-reliant is that they have to work three times as hard as white girls to be taken seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 7:21 PM

^^ Same goes for lesbians, especially of the butch variety. Hardest working and smartest employees I’ve ever worked with.

by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 7:24 PM

Yes it's all the fault of those nasty womens. 🙄 You know, writing the laws, making up religions, and so on. I just love seeing how quick the racist, homophobic white man is to pass the buck.

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 7:26 PM

R6 poor, defenseless, modern straight white women just can’t change until THE MAN changes. They’re so delicate.

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 7:36 PM

Jokes on you whitey, cause I'm not white. You can GTFO off the land you stole whenever you're ready. Shall I quote some DL gems?

Maybe blame them for the way men here worship a POS like Christopher Watts, cause so "hot" and "alpha" and "straight", am I right? That's all the womens fault as well. You see, they're also responsible for this type of behavior in gay men. If there weren't women into masculine men, gay men wouldn't be so hot for them too.

Let's clean own house first OP and work to dismantle these regressive ideas, instead of blaming everyone but ourselves.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 7:39 PM

r5, shut the fuck up. You know nothing about ANY women, so just keep your trap shut about the subject altogether.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 7:40 PM

Pfft their husbands are all on the down-low anyway

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 7:40 PM

R7 wasn't breast fed enough. Poor babe.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 7:41 PM

This thread is a prime example of Fraus taking over. We can shit on men on every thread all day, but dare mention poor little innocent women and it’s an explosion.

As Jack Nicholson as Melvin Udall responded to the question, “How do you write women so well?”, in As Good As It Gets....

“I think of a man and I take away reason & accountability.”

by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2020 7:46 PM

[quote]Maybe blame them for the way men here worship a POS like Christopher Watts, cause so "hot" and "alpha" and "straight", am I right?

How much do you want to bet it’s straight women posting and responding to those threads - no way to prove that, but when you look at hybristophilia statistics, it’s mostly women who have this paraphilia - and Datalounge, as we know, is flooded with straight women cosplaying as gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2020 8:04 PM

r13 types incel.

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 8:08 PM

R14 Come at me with all the ad hominems you want, but I’d love to see some statistics or a good argument showing that I’m wrong, and that the kidnap/rape fantasy “365 Days” is #1 on Netflix because of MALE viewership. Change my mind!

by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 8:15 PM

Whoof, I can not imagine having to deal with straight white women.

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 8:16 PM

Keep stamping them feet, honey! Someone will take you seriously, one day, r15.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote] I have much respect for lesbians and women of color who are veterans at defying gender norms.

I've seen what gay men respect and that's actually the biggest insult you could deliver to lesbians and women of color. Thanks a lot, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 8:22 PM

You sound like a fucking retard, OP

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 8:27 PM

[quote]Keep stamping them feet, honey! Someone will take you seriously, one day, [R15].

I’ll be the first to admit that my opinion won’t make any impact on this issue. I’m just making an observation. The biggest threat to #metoo and other feminist efforts are the hypocritical women who undercut the movements by supporting and promoting male dominance of and brutality towards women, not some random gay man sharing his thoughts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 8:31 PM

Women reinforce sexism by insisting that careening around in an SUV stuffing their faces with Starbucks all day is an actual profession.

Millennial women seem to think letting some idiot fuck them, dressing like a trash bag, and shitting out kids (who they then invariably ignore) constitute a job they should be compensated for.

This is NOT the same thing as what homemakers did in past generations. Those women actually worked their asses off. The entitled skanks of today are just that— skanks.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 8:31 PM

R21 Shut up and hurry to take my picture with this Starbucks for my Insta!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 9:15 PM

They do reinforce sexism. I had a very good friend and roommate in college. He loved to listen to and dance around to stupid girly pop songs. I introduced him to classic movies like All About Eve, which he loved. We both loved to cook and try out new recipes. He had one girl come over, and we were our normal selves, she asked if we were fags. After that anytime a girl was around, he had to act as though he hated girly pop songs, he had no idea who Bette Davis was, and the only cooking he did was to grill out. I just remained myself. If I have to change for a person, male or female, then they are not a person I want to be around.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 9:43 PM

R23 is a prime example. Women will enforce gender roles with straight men just like other men do. Sometimes it subtle, like a glance and a chuckle if a guy likes or EVEN knows say a Mariah Carey song. I had one male friend in college who made the blanket statement, more than once in mixed company, that he didn’t like ANY girl singers, which was bullshit as I’d seen him get into many a female-sang song when we were partying. Lots of Women are disgusted by ANY feminine qualities in a straight male and when they’re alone they make fun gay men who are too feminine. Women are bullies.

Most of the world’s problems Butterfly Effect back to women’s demands & requirements to get into their precious pussies. Wars are fought over them. Men compete to be the richest and most powerful, why? Pussy! It’s like mating games in the wild, but instead of fluffing feathers and wrastlin’ a fellow lion they have to start a war, steal, kill, build towers to the sky and pollute the earth. Sorry, but in accountability for all... straight women need to accept their egotistical role in everything.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 10:01 PM

R8 it is always kick the can down the road. “I’ll deal with my issues once YOU deal with yours.” No one wants to change, but they sure want everyone else to.

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 10:07 PM

R24 Sadly, I relate 100%, but women are as victimized by cultural brainwashing as men, and there are also self-loathing GAY men who are closeted or openly critical of men who show any “feminine” traits. So I don’t mean to single out women as homophobes - I would just like to debunk the notion that they are somehow less homophobic than men - a complete myth.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 10:39 PM

Abusive women establish control over their targets by using brainwashing tactics similar to those used on prisoners of war, hostages, or members of a cult. Most abusers instinctively know these behaviors. Their behavior is mostly unconscious; they’re natural predators. However, some abusive women know exactly what they’re doing, I’d argue that they’re sociopaths. The little giggles and eye rolls are emotional abuse.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 11:58 PM

R16 - I honestly doubt they are beating down your door.

by Anonymousreply 28June 29, 2020 12:04 AM

R28 is probably one of those predatory lesbians who is always on the lookout for injured fawns to nurse back to help by way of slathering her tongue all over the confused straight girl’s juicy vagina, only to get her big Bull Dyke heart broken over & over again.

by Anonymousreply 29June 29, 2020 12:31 AM

Couldn't be further from the truth.

by Anonymousreply 30June 29, 2020 1:05 AM

R30.

by Anonymousreply 31June 29, 2020 1:50 AM

r29, just because you're fixated on straight men doesn't mean everyone is like you.

by Anonymousreply 32June 29, 2020 4:20 AM

If we're to accept that there is a wide variety of gender expressions and welcome them all then gender "norms" are part of that which should be accepted.

I think straight women are always asking if a guy is gay because they don't want to waste their time getting their hopes up with a closet case. Anyway, why do you care what straight women ask each other, OP? That is not what leads to homophobia or what sustains it.

by Anonymousreply 33June 29, 2020 4:27 AM

Well, duh. Some women use the same methods straight men use to intimidate other men or make them at least self-conscious: Question their masculinity. And it comes from the same place of being raised with the belief that homosexuality makes a man inferior.

And yes, some women fall into the insecurity trap of sexism (or as recently pointed out on social media: Racism) where they feel the need to make themselves feel better by looking down on others.

by Anonymousreply 34June 29, 2020 4:58 AM

OP, what kind of company do you keep? I mainly see these PSL Becky wannabes on Youtube, and amongst a portion of the "management" class. They need to get checked on-the-spot.

by Anonymousreply 35June 29, 2020 6:10 AM

Anti-white psy-op troll thread, and you all fell for it!!

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 6:24 AM

Yes, R28 is one of those Mother Hen lesbians, who is always waiting to defend straight women and hate on gay men.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 6:33 AM

OP’s post doesn’t mention race.

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 8:27 AM

R23, it's funny that you can't seem to figure out that your story actually exemplifies the homophobia in straight men. He changed his entire demeanor so no one would think he was gay and it's the woman who's the homophobe, huh? Of course a sexist like you would think that and be blind to the reality of what you saw.

[quote]I have much respect for lesbians and women of color who are veterans at defying gender norms. They usually treat me as a peer, while straight (always white!) women show obeisance to me if they think I’m a straight guy but become cloying and condescending when they find out I’m gay.

The weird, cloying, obsequious way that straight women act toward men is one of the things I use when I try to figure out if a woman is gay. Gay women never, ever do it. That's also the reason that gay women, at least if they aren't out, get the cold/distant/bitch reputation. Men DO NOT like it when women don't pay attention to them to a ridiculous degree.

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 8:58 AM

I've seen SEVERAL lesbians bow down to straight men hundreds of times. Many lesbians just worship straight men.

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 3:45 PM

I've met lesbians who hate gay men. I think it's because they hate a stereotypical view they have of gay men: as being sex-crazed, materialistic, shallow...

They think themselves above gay men.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 3:48 PM

R39 But, he didn't change because he wanted to. He changed because he wanted access to pussy. That one girl made it very clear to him that if he didn't change he wouldn't have access. It wasn't his internal homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 4:01 PM

R42 I see a lot of that - fraus 'educating' men how to be good straights with the reward of access to their pussy for 'good' behaviour and denial of access for 'bad'. And while most women don’t explicitly say that gay is bad, that's only if gay stays in its lane. Any bisexuality is a huge no-no. If a man says he's ever been attracted to another men, still less had sex, he's immediately written off as a “health risk”. In reality fraus are threatened that he's not fully under the control of their pussy. And, yes, on some deep level they think that m/m sex is wrong.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 4:17 PM

R43 Yes, as a bi guy I understand that. Most of my m/f sex is fleeting one-night stands, because of that. If I get to know them beforehand and I'm honest about myself, they shut that door. Though I have had a few who want to convert me to being straight. I enjoyed their "attempts" but it can't actually change me. I am bisexual. I will always be attracted to men and women. Most gay men do not seem to react the same way.

What many can't seem to understand about that, is that while attracted to both, I am also extremely monogamous. The chance of me cheating on a woman with a man, is as unlikely as me cheating with a woman. Being a bisexual does not mean I am an uncontrollable sex addict.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 4:35 PM

No one cares, cheating bi freak.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 4:40 PM

R28 doesn't seem to understand that we don't want them beating down our door.

In fact, we'd like if they'd leave us alone.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]fraus 'educating' men how to be good straights with the reward of access to their pussy for 'good' behaviour and denial of access for 'bad'.

Are you suggesting that a woman should just let any man into her pussy? I'm a gay man but I'm not going to let some freak have his way with me just because he has a dick. You type incel.

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 5:28 PM

[quote]Are you suggesting that a woman should just let any man into her pussy?

It's about the mind games women play.

Women use sex as a weapon, gay men do it as an act of love.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 5:30 PM

As a gay guy I dont understand the obsession that some of you have for straight women, some of you sound like incels.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 5:46 PM

Maybe it's because straight women won't get the fuck out of this board and other gay men's spaces.

by Anonymousreply 50June 29, 2020 5:47 PM

R50 Do you think that gay men are so self-absorbed and selfish that they don't care enough to defend their straight female friends? Weird. Just because gay men don't identify as straight women doesn't mean that gay men like me won't use logic and reason. Not all straight women are the same, no matter how much you insane identitarians think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 51June 29, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]Do you think that gay men are so self-absorbed and selfish that they don't care enough to defend their straight female friends?

They should be. God knows those straight women are far more self-absorbed and selfish. They'll abandon their 'gay friends' at a moment's notice.

by Anonymousreply 52June 29, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]Women use sex as a weapon, gay men do it as an act of love.

There isn't enough idiocy in the world to explain you.

by Anonymousreply 53June 29, 2020 6:53 PM

R53 is a triggered Karen.

by Anonymousreply 54June 29, 2020 6:56 PM

Sure, R54. Gloryholes, the ultimate love. I can't wait for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 55June 29, 2020 6:57 PM

F&F R55.

You are spreading homophobic tropes.

Men who love men have more love in their relationships than any straight couple could ever have.

by Anonymousreply 56June 29, 2020 6:59 PM

There's some mental patient who thinks that women are responsible for straight men's homophobia. Think whatever you want, you're 100% wrong. Men have been persecuting and denying gay mens' right for centuries, all on their own. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 57June 29, 2020 7:26 PM

Straight men are responsible for their homophobia.

Women are responsible for their homophobia.

by Anonymousreply 58June 29, 2020 7:27 PM

[quote] Some women use the same methods straight men use to intimidate other men or make them at least self-conscious: Question their masculinity. And it comes from the same place of being raised with the belief that homosexuality makes a man inferior.

R34, I disagree. A man who is considered more like a woman is considered "inferior" and that is because women are considered inferior.

The Greeks (or some portions of that society) used to glorify male on male sex because sex with women - you know those inferior beings - was considered inferior.

by Anonymousreply 59July 1, 2020 6:56 PM

R59 They didn't glorify male on male sex, the bottom was seen as being inferior and non-masculine for playing the female role.

by Anonymousreply 60July 1, 2020 7:03 PM

R60, isn't that essentially what I just said?

by Anonymousreply 61July 1, 2020 7:06 PM

R61 No, you said they glorified male on male sex.

[quote] The Greeks (or some portions of that society) used to glorify male on male sex because sex with women - you know those inferior beings - was considered inferior.

by Anonymousreply 62July 1, 2020 7:12 PM

Politely asking if someone is gay isn't an insult, OP, it's just an inquiry.

Look at your own internalized homophobia for a moment, and your irrational resentment of women.

by Anonymousreply 63July 1, 2020 8:00 PM

R63 do you ever see a man with a hunting rifle or... listening to bro country music or rap and go “is he straight?”...? No.

It is a reinforcement of extreme gender roles to inquire about a man’s potential homosexuality for any & all “feminine behavior” and women continuing a tradition of filtering all men on a biological basis of mate searching. If we’re supposed to abandon all ingrained thought about women’s roles in life so they can move forward in the world, it is only fair that we do the same for men. Otherwise, take off those pants, put on a house dress and make us a meatloaf.

by Anonymousreply 64July 1, 2020 8:15 PM

Is she a lesbian? Look at those pants she’s wearing. Only lesbians wear pants.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 1, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] If we’re supposed to abandon all ingrained thought about women’s roles in life so they can move forward in the world

Who said that? Women still have natural roles, as do men, that are required for the human race to move forward. Some roles are more likely male or female because of physical differences. It's the roles that are unnaturally or culturally imposed on people - men and women - and it's the roles forced upon people who choose not to take up those roles. Motherhood, for instance.

by Anonymousreply 66July 1, 2020 10:25 PM

R66 come again... “It’s the roles...” the roles that what? Your thought has no point.

by Anonymousreply 67July 1, 2020 10:45 PM

The problem is most straight women are innately ois culturally attracted to strong, adventurous men who are conventionally masculine. Women may say they want more gentle men, but so many get wet for the flexing Alpha male, which incentivized men to be macho. I hear a lot of women who truly support gay rights and people acknowledge they want manly men and aren’t interested in men who are not conventionally masculine.

by Anonymousreply 68July 1, 2020 10:51 PM

You know, threads like these make me think that one of these days a gay incel is going to pop off and blow up a yoga studio or women's retreat or something. This obsession isn't normal.

by Anonymousreply 69July 1, 2020 11:53 PM

Who Wants Beta Males? If you’re attracted to men, you usually want an Alpha.

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2020 6:20 AM

Didn't you hear? There aren't any beta males anymore. They've all become trans so they can be alpha "females".

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2020 7:08 AM

“Women reinforce sexism by insisting that careening around in an SUV stuffing their faces with Starbucks all day is an actual profession.”

Best comment on Datalounge this year. So far.

by Anonymousreply 72July 13, 2020 10:52 PM

Seeing as how women have been preyed upon by guys for 15,000 years I can't say I blame them for using whatever "pussy power" they have. Is it abetting toxic masculinity and homophobia in men? Maybe? But that reaction is on the men, I think.

And then what do some men do? They dress up and invade their spaces!

by Anonymousreply 73July 14, 2020 1:45 AM

Let me guess - the mtf author uses the term TERF as frequently as possible.

by Anonymousreply 74July 14, 2020 1:48 AM

R73 well they can keep dismissing “fags” & effeminate men as lower than people and they can just keep on being cum dumps.

by Anonymousreply 75July 14, 2020 1:50 AM

Incel thread

by Anonymousreply 76July 15, 2020 10:05 AM

British straight w*man at R76.

F&F.

by Anonymousreply 77July 15, 2020 10:08 AM

[quote] Is it abetting toxic masculinity and homophobia in men? Maybe? But that reaction is on the men, I think.

Gay men are not your support humans, you disgusting homophobe.

by Anonymousreply 78July 15, 2020 10:09 AM

Well, I don’t usually like to encourage misogyny or cast other women in a poor light, but, truth be told? My life has been less stressful since I stopped socialising with straight and faux-bi women.

The way conventional women are socialised these days, to be limited self-obsessed wrecks, is a nightmare. They tend to be snap-judgemental, shallow, backbiting, and inverted snobs who step on each other to get to status symbols in their chosen communities first (and not just the Basics & WAGS - even the hippie chicks do this). They have never heard of camaraderie. Many of them are duplicitous and will turn on even the oldest of friends (lesbian/gay or otherwise) to defend the petty self-serving rude sexual behaviour they, their ‘best friends’ or their ‘Man’ exhibit while spurning someone for the slightest hint of innocuous same-sex attraction. It’s all kinds of ridiculous, and I prefer not putting up with their shenanigans if I can help it.

It’s even fucking worse when they have kids; I feel bad saying that too, knowing that the birth rate is dropping off a cliff and that society makes shit so needlessly hard and unfair for mothers sometimes. Even knowing the context, though, I still won’t volunteer to socialise or live near a woman with babies or young kids if I can help it. It’s too much work and minefield-dodging to be around women with so much self-absorption.

That said, much of the time gay men of today aren’t any better to deal with in-person. The number of sniffy, rejecting, cold and sniping sexist or even lesbophobic gay men I met in College and post-grad would stun. The Lesbian Drama trope is largely projection, imo - ever tried to confront a straight woman or a gay man about something negative they or their SO or their kid have done with total disregard for others around? Yeah, exactly.

Still I dream of a world where all women and gay men co-exist in sisterly solidarity. It’s a pipe-dream, but I wonder about it nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 79July 17, 2020 9:30 PM

I have much respect for anyone who defies our patriarchal society. We grow up with a fucked up image of what masculinity should be.

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2020 9:37 PM

I used to have mostly women friends, but now most friends are males. It has its own complexities, but for the most part, what you see is what you get when it comes to straight guys. With too many women, and frau-adjacent gay men, the hidden agendas, duplicity, manipulation and manufactured drama got to be exhausting.

And I agree, women friends value you, but I think subconsciously to them you are inferior to the straight man. I think in some way they resent the fact that they have to relate to you equally and can’t use their sexuality and gender as leverage as they do with straight men. it fucks up the social dynamic they are used to.

I also feel bad for most men in straight relationships that dare to show vulnerability (sadness, fear) to their female partner because a lot of women don’t know what to do with it. It’s why many men go off and shoot themselves rather than admit they are struggling emotionally and need help. They are more afraid of that shame than dying.

To clarify, I am not saying this is absolutely true of all men or women. I am merely identifying certain realities I have seen in my own experiences with men and women. This may or may not apply to you, but I think some people would agree these things exist.

by Anonymousreply 81July 17, 2020 10:11 PM

R79 & R81 are great posts and pretty much spot on. We keep telling men to change they way they deal with women & their own behavior recently, but we don’t discuss that women would have to change too. If you can’t handle you’re husband crying, don’t be surprised when he goes out drinking & fucks the new girl in his office.

by Anonymousreply 82July 17, 2020 10:33 PM

[quote] If you can’t handle you’re husband crying, don’t be surprised when he goes out drinking & fucks the new girl in his office.

Lol. Is this a joke? That makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 83July 18, 2020 12:36 AM

[quote] The way conventional women are socialised these days, to be limited self-obsessed wrecks, is a nightmare.

Are you not socialized the same way? Did you grow up on Mars?

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2020 12:38 AM

Pretty sure the real threat to DL is the incel infestation, not so much fraus

by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2020 12:41 AM

R84 read my post again, love - I said ‘CONVENTIONAL women’.

Lesbians account for roughly something like 2-5% of the female population, generously. By definition and statistically we are unconventional and rare, and while attempts are made to socialise us as uniformly as straight women the process simply does not take as well for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2020 12:47 AM

[quote]Many of them are duplicitous and will turn on even the oldest of friends (lesbian/gay or otherwise) to defend the petty self-serving rude sexual behaviour they, their ‘best friends’ or their ‘Man’ exhibit while spurning someone for the slightest hint of innocuous same-sex attraction.

Uh oh. Someone was attracted to their straight friend and is now bitter.

[quote]If you can’t handle you’re husband crying, don’t be surprised when he goes out drinking & fucks the new girl in his office.

Because, as with OP's bullshit, we know that all male behavior is the fault of women. Fucking sexists, misogynists, and incels are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2020 12:57 AM

Women are, unfortunately, prone to duplicity, envy and passive-aggressive rancor, which would have to be dealt with before any serious attempt to deal with their anti-male hatred and the corrupting nature of their presence in relationships could be addressed. Please do not attempt to blame these issues on societal factors alone. The biological basis is too strong, although R86 has a couple points worth considering.

R87, on the other hand, simply projects and projects and hates and hates.

by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2020 1:00 AM

Yes the frau-adjacent gay men make me wonder if they are naturally that way—or socialized to behave in certain ways due to a largely female social circle?

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2020 1:06 AM

So R88 says after sitting there projecting and hating. The sexists, misogynists, and incels are also stupid hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2020 1:08 AM

Why is questioning bad behavior among some men legitimate, but if were questioning negative behavior among some women, we’re misogynistic incels and the conversation gets shut down?

by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2020 1:16 AM

Did you even read the thread, R91? You can start with R88. This entire thread was started to shit on women by some sexist, misogynistic incel. They are all over DL endlessly attacking women. The pretzels they can contort themselves into to blame women for everything, including all the bad things men do, is impressive.

by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2020 1:23 AM

[quote] By definition and statistically we are unconventional and rare,

It is uncommon to be gay, but I don't really think that makes me unconventional.

[quote] and while attempts are made to socialise us as uniformly as straight women the process simply does not take as well for obvious reasons.

In fact, if anything this statement disproves your initial point. We are socialized the same way but because it doesn't take, there is even more resentment and anger in us than straight women. We should theoretically, be more messed up.

by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2020 1:29 AM

R92 I see your point. This is kind of a bait post to slam women and invite criticism of women.

However, I do notice that often times criticism of women that has some validity is discounted out of hand and nothing but sexism and misogyny and therefore the discussion is over.

There are many criticisms of gay men here that don’t fit me, for example, but most of the time I know they are valid depending on the individual. However, I’m not going to demand people stop discussing or addressing them because they don’t apply to me —or dismiss it as mere homophobia on the part of the person who identified it.

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2020 1:45 AM

But you would if it were actual homophobia and these posts are actual sexism and misogyny. Gay men aren't hunted here. Women are. Fuckers don't seem to remember that lesbians are women so they are attacking us at the same time.

(I await the sexism and misogyny of the "this is a gay man's board, fish, so get the fuck out because women suck and gay men hate them and blahblahblah!" post sure to follow with absolute glee and full knowledge that all they can do is whine.)

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2020 2:37 AM

Not me--I like women and lesbians here. I think they add a lot to the conversation, like ElderLez.

Do these kind of discussions ever happen about men (or gay men) on forums with a primarily lesbian focus/demographic? Serious question because I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2020 2:49 AM

This thread specifically says ‘straight’ women in the headline. The Trigglypuff on here needs to shut the fuck up or provide a valid argument other than labeling any slight critique of women as SEXIST MISOGYNISTIC INCEL TALK. It’s probably always bitching about how horrible straight white men and white gay men are...

by Anonymousreply 97July 18, 2020 3:28 AM

I'm sure you think you can spot a lesbian, huh, r97. In the street, we're all women. And lesbians deal with the same street harassment as any woman.

by Anonymousreply 98July 18, 2020 3:33 AM

R98 And...? So that excuses all women from any criticism?

“... I think of a man and I take away reason and accountability.” - Melvin Udall

by Anonymousreply 99July 18, 2020 4:30 AM

R98 I think straight men are fucking horrible animals, by the way, so I don’t expect much from them. Women are supposed to be more logical along with gay men, so more is expected.

by Anonymousreply 100July 18, 2020 4:32 AM

Do you just not even see what you are writing, R99?

No one has said women are above criticism. We are, however, above bitter and unwarranted sexist and misogynistic attacks. That you cannot seem to tell the difference says a lot about you. Your quote says even more.

by Anonymousreply 101July 18, 2020 4:35 AM

Do we really care what straight women think?

by Anonymousreply 102July 18, 2020 4:38 AM

R101 so which criticisms in this thread do you agree with?

Which posts do you find sexist and misogynistic?

by Anonymousreply 103July 18, 2020 4:41 AM

I think criticism of straight women is fair but when it's followed by nonsense like "don't be surprised if he fucks the girl at the office" then it loses credibility. Given the amount of gay men who have been cheated on I doubt if that were said of gay men it would be tolerated and rightly so. I've seen the way straight couples interact and 9 times out of 10 if said relationships fail it's usually because of poor behavior on the part of the man.

The dynamics between straight men and women aren't really relevant to straight women and gay men or lesbians. The relationship between women and gay men is more like the relationship between women and women and the desire that gay men feel towards straight men colors those relationships. Women are sexual competition to other women and women are sexual competition to gay men. Not for other gay men obviously but straight men.

by Anonymousreply 104July 18, 2020 5:00 AM

I have learned to be really nice to straight women superficially but to keep a healthy distance and don’t confide too much. Most of the time they tell other people or share stuff a la “omg guess what my gay friend told me!”

The minute they sense any kind of attitude or dislike you have the possibility of being made a target of a campaign of passive aggressiveness and mean girl behavior. This is usually a workplace frau thing.

It’s also not fun having a straight male friend who gets a new girlfriend because they expect your friendship now includes them as well. Suddenly all social encounters includes her. Also assume he tells her everything you talk about in private because he probably does. Straight guys are absolutely stupid when it comes to this. I think it’s to keep girlfriends off their back about other shit, but I don’t know.

I just know a lot of straight women (and new gay boyfriends) are good at running off previous friends of their boyfriends and cultivate friendships with mutual friends they like and consider non-threatening. I’ve lost few friends over the years that way and it’s sad, but it indicates the relationship has probably run its course.

by Anonymousreply 105July 18, 2020 5:00 AM

[quote] Straight guys are absolutely stupid when it comes to this.

It's funny that you hold women in contempt for spilling secrets, but think straight men are just being "stupid". It's comical how the gay men here have this lovable lunkhead view of straight men. It's like you don't see them for what they really are.

by Anonymousreply 106July 18, 2020 5:09 AM

R105 the workplace thing is absolutely true. A female-dominated group will turn on a gay unless he falls in line and plays fag to their hag. Women like to exude control over gay men in the way they wish they could with straight men. I’ve seen women be down right sadistic to gay men and it’s like they project all the bullshit from straight men off to the gays. I saw it happen to a guy who the girls at work thought was cute & really liked, but he wasn’t out yet at work... he came out to them but he wasn’t femme and willing to talk dick & Dancing With The Stars so within months they’d all turned on him and basically created a hostile environment, then fired him. Men serve three purposes to women: reproduction, money or gossiping while doing their hair & makeup and not necessarily in that order. Biggest advice to younger gays is DUMP THE FAG HAGS, BECAUSE THEY WILL DUMP YOU... eventually.

by Anonymousreply 107July 18, 2020 5:11 AM

Because gay men want to fuck them R106. They will forgive the less desirable traits of those they want to fuck, I think it's to be expected honestly.

by Anonymousreply 108July 18, 2020 5:14 AM

R106 is obviously the stereotypical hostile militant lesbian who defends every woman no matter what and guaran-fucking-tee she wouldn’t run off her mouth to a Reddit thread of straight men, because she secretly respects them.

Her entire defense is: “Admit your wrong, you fucking fags!”

by Anonymousreply 109July 18, 2020 5:14 AM

I honestly feel sorry for women who think ALL straight men are monsters, because you know it started with their fathers. Dad is not excluded here And that is very, very tragic.

by Anonymousreply 110July 18, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote] [R106] is obviously the stereotypical hostile militant lesbian who defends every woman no matter what and guaran-fucking-tee she wouldn’t run off her mouth to a Reddit thread of straight men, because she secretly respects them.

Or, you know, I just don't defer to them the way straight women and gay men. I just see them as human and hold them to basic standards that I hold everyone else. I'm so evil and hateful, I know

by Anonymousreply 111July 18, 2020 5:19 AM

[quote] I honestly feel sorry for women who think ALL straight men are monsters, because you know it started with their fathers. Dad is not excluded here And that is very, very tragic.

Most gay men have shitty or nonexistent relationships with their fathers and yet they worship straight men. Try again.

by Anonymousreply 112July 18, 2020 5:24 AM

R106 no I’m not taking about being secretive or deceptive. I’m talking about grilling them about just random private conversations and then turning them into something they’re not. Or confiding something personal and finding out he told her when you asked him not to.

I’ve been at recovery meetings where they tell people that what discussed is confidential and is not to be discussed outside the room. They make a special point of saying “Including your significant other!” because many people just tell their spouses everything, even things they shouldn’t.

by Anonymousreply 113July 18, 2020 5:28 AM

BECAUSE THEY WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM R112

by Anonymousreply 114July 18, 2020 5:30 AM

R114 much like the snarfing dykes who are salivating when they find out Lydia in accounting is getting divorced.

by Anonymousreply 115July 18, 2020 5:33 AM

R112 That may be true, mostly because those fathers reject their sons to some degree for being gay. On the other hand, most girls have healthy relationships with their dads. The minority of women who think ALL straight men are evil undoubtably suffered terrible childhood abuse or had very poor relationships with their fathers.

by Anonymousreply 116July 18, 2020 5:33 AM

Most women do NOT have healthy relationships with their dads what a bizarre thing to say. At most, they have distant relationships with their dads

by Anonymousreply 117July 18, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote] BECAUSE THEY WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH THEM

And I guess they didn't get the message that everyone else can see. It's never gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 118July 18, 2020 5:39 AM

[quote]It's funny that you hold women in contempt for spilling secrets, but think straight men are just being "stupid". It's comical how the gay men here have this lovable lunkhead view of straight men. It's like you don't see them for what they really are.

You’re angry at generalizations made about women, yet you’re making your own generalizations about gay men with your “gay men here have this lovable lunkhead view of straight men” comment. Sorry to tell you this, but not all of us gay men give a shit about straight men and likewise many of us like having women friends.

by Anonymousreply 119July 18, 2020 5:40 AM

It doesn't matter R118. You keep asking why gay men generally make so many allowances for straight men and the answer is easy and clear. Generally, gay men view women the same way women view other women-as sexual competition

by Anonymousreply 120July 18, 2020 5:45 AM

[quote]I've seen SEVERAL lesbians bow down to straight men hundreds of times. Many lesbians just worship straight men.

R118 is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 121July 18, 2020 5:47 AM

I can only speak from my experiences—and had the same thing happen with a gay cousin and his new boyfriend so it’s not just a woman thing, but more a couples thing where they decide NO SECRETS.

But there are things that fall outside that with friends that should be respected. I wouldn’t expect a boyfriend or girlfriend to give me a full debriefing of their private conversations with personal friends, but there are couples that do.

by Anonymousreply 122July 18, 2020 5:49 AM

The biological drive to procreate is what makes straight people horrible. They look at life through that lens and they also feel holier than thou about it.

by Anonymousreply 123July 18, 2020 2:22 PM

R123 absolutely.

This entitlement level even shoots up in closet cases. My gay cousin has grown to be an absolute bindipper, treating his family like dirt and looking down on the likes of us. It’s no thanks to his sow of a beard convincing him that the world now revolves around their fug little family. It hasn’t occurred to them that they’re just suburban office-drone zilches living a rather pathetic lie just to score a paltry inheritance, and that their son will suffer when he’s older because of it.

Fake-straight people are heinous.

by Anonymousreply 124July 18, 2020 2:31 PM

R124 I have two friends from high school who are still together. The one friend said he was gay when he was 17. He really pinged from when I first met hem at age 14 so no surprise there but.....when he was 19 he said he had burnt the bridges behind him and was no longer gay. He is with a female friend of ours since then.

They’ve had a pretty unhappy relationship. she is really depressed, they have a bad sex life(doh) and I don’t understand why she stays with him. she knows he’s gay. He is also not the “masculine straight” type, they have kids now. smh

by Anonymousreply 125July 18, 2020 2:57 PM

R125 sounds like Jesus is involved. Is Jesus involved?

by Anonymousreply 126July 18, 2020 3:02 PM

R126 yes especially his father was religious. We went to a Christian high school

by Anonymousreply 127July 18, 2020 3:11 PM

Jesus is such a cockblock.

by Anonymousreply 128July 18, 2020 3:24 PM

You nailed it R128

After so many years I really can’t feel sorry for either of them anymore you know. They apparently choose to be unhappy together. It’s not even a financial thing.

by Anonymousreply 129July 18, 2020 4:13 PM

R68, you sound like a gentle straight man who resents straight women. Why do you need straight women's approval?

Also, what is a 'manly man'?

by Anonymousreply 130July 18, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]The biological drive to procreate is what makes straight people horrible. They look at life through that lens and they also feel holier than thou about it.

Gay people don’t have the drive to procreate? No sexual urges or wanting to have kids? At least some of us do, apparently. Mostly lesbians. I’d agree with you that society as a WHOLE has an obsession with procreation, which has led to worldwide overpopulation, but a species without the drive to procreate.... ?

by Anonymousreply 131July 18, 2020 5:34 PM

Lesbians aren't gay.

by Anonymousreply 132July 18, 2020 5:37 PM

By what I have seen in this thread, straight women loom large in the minds of gay men. Who would have thought so. So all the misogyny and woman-bashing on the DL is due to envy. I see...

by Anonymousreply 133July 18, 2020 6:41 PM

F&F that homophobe at R133.

by Anonymousreply 134July 18, 2020 6:42 PM

R133 fuck off, Bull.

by Anonymousreply 135July 18, 2020 6:48 PM

Looks like women have greyed out this thread.

by Anonymousreply 136July 18, 2020 6:50 PM

[quote]Lesbians aren't gay

Does that mean all the Gay-Straight alliance clubs on campuses exclude lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 137July 18, 2020 7:11 PM

Anyone else finding interesting how the poster who keeps signing their posts “lesbian” is obsessed with sticking up for straight women? I’m starting to think she’s not even lesbian, but just another straight female troll. Either that or she’s obsessed with straight women the way she claims gays are obsessed with straight men.

by Anonymousreply 138July 18, 2020 8:25 PM

[quote] Anyone else finding interesting how the poster who keeps signing their posts “lesbian” is obsessed with sticking up for straight women? I’m starting to think she’s not even lesbian

Lesbians are always defending straight women and hating on gay men.

Maybe it's a straight women, but it's not certain.

by Anonymousreply 139July 18, 2020 8:42 PM

R46 doesn't seem to grasp how ridiculous he sounds when he claims straight women are beating down his door for a chance to sleep with him. Yeah, ok buddy, keep dreaming.

by Anonymousreply 140July 18, 2020 8:59 PM

Some straight women find the thought of two men having sex erotic the same way straight men find two women together a turn on. I do...not ashamed or afraid to admit it but maybe because society still stigmatizes gay men, the women repress that and act homophobic? Just an idea.

by Anonymousreply 141July 18, 2020 9:10 PM

Are straight women that homophobic? In my experience it’s usually the straight men

by Anonymousreply 142July 18, 2020 9:16 PM

Yes, they are.

[quote]In my experience it’s usually the straight men

Lucky you.

by Anonymousreply 143July 18, 2020 9:46 PM

Read about this Cunt, Linda Harvey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 18, 2020 11:14 PM

It's Not Just Straight Men Who Are Homophobic

Most people are shocked when I tell them my homophobic bullies at high school were girls, not other boys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145July 18, 2020 11:19 PM

I agree. It’s like they use homophobia to keep men in their place.

by Anonymousreply 146October 4, 2020 3:30 PM

This is 100% true.

by Anonymousreply 147December 14, 2020 1:18 PM

Has nothing to do with being male or female. Has to do with being a fucking idiot. Trashy uneducated assholes tend to be homophobic grifters.

by Anonymousreply 148December 14, 2020 10:44 PM

True

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2021 4:19 AM

This is very true.

by Anonymousreply 150April 29, 2021 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!