Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

E! host Justin Sylvester Suggests Gays Are Hypocrites For Supporting BLM

“I have a weird relationship with the white gays,” Justin Sylvester said. “I feel like the white gays are late to the party.”

“The white gays are more impressed and more worried about likes than lives at this moment. And I say that because the white gays will wait for the other white gays in the community to start posting [about] Black Lives Matter, and then they will then follow suit. But it’ll be three to four weeks later,” he explained. “It’s crazy that having this conversation with my own friends who are white and gay was hard. It was tough. Because they’re like, ‘But I donated, and da, da, da, da, and I don’t feel comfortable posting.'”

“I’m like, ‘F**k that.’ When we were marching for Prop 8 to be done, when we were marching for the right to marry and the right to adopt children, we all remember how it felt to see those straight men and women post that rainbow flag in solidarity with us,” he added. “We felt seen. We felt heard. And we felt like we were finally making a change.”

“And the fact that you have decided that you don’t want to post something because it’s going to start an uncomfortable conversation, just remember how meaningful it was to have that little rainbow just right next to that guy’s name,” Sylvester went on. “And you knew that he was having hard conversations with his male co-workers and his cousins and his frat friends. But he was there for you. So be there for us now.”

While the fan-favorite E! personality admitted that it’s “better late than never,” he was still quick to point out that people in the LGBTQIA+ community are often “not that inclusive,” which he’s aware of first-hand as the “one Black friend in a group of friends.”

“We’ll take the numbers, you know? A lot of times, we, as gay men, live in this posh, perfect bubble. West Hollywood is amazing, [but,] when we look at our own surroundings, we’re not that inclusive,” he told ITK. “I may be one Black friend in a group of friends. As sad as that may be, it’s true.”

And, at the end of the day, Sylvester sees this cultural moment as an opportunity to “wake each other up” to the different realities of those who are part of marginalized communities.

“We need to step up. We need to step up. If not for George Floyd, we need to step up for Breonna Taylor, because Black women were always here for the gay fight. Black women were always here for the trans fight. They were down. They’ve always been down,” he said. “And I think there’s just some things that we really have to wake each other up on as gay brothers and sisters.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 4:31 PM

Who is she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 28, 2020 12:23 AM

This tired snow queen.

by Anonymousreply 2June 28, 2020 12:23 AM

"Black women were always here for the gay fight" lol

by Anonymousreply 3June 28, 2020 12:25 AM

R3 What is funnier is this snow queen thinks black women like trannies LOL

by Anonymousreply 4June 28, 2020 12:27 AM

Well.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 28, 2020 12:28 AM

There was just a tremendous amount of solidarity and support from the black community, marching along side us for Prop 8. Thank you for the reminder. I promise that I will try harder and do better!

by Anonymousreply 6June 28, 2020 12:33 AM

Celia Rubinstein was a friend to all mankind......

WHO??!!??!!

by Anonymousreply 7June 28, 2020 12:33 AM

Frankly, I’m sick and tired of black talking heads insisting that all whites have identical thoughts and values. When they purposely misrepresent white gay and lesbians, it’s all the more insulting.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 12:40 AM

He's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 9June 28, 2020 12:46 AM

Yes, because GAY people are the problem her.

Honey, as with Occupy Wall Street and many other protests and movements in the past, the Rainbow Umbrella, Unfocused Priorities Coalition will implode under it's own weight.

Rather than going after everything under the sun, especially things that are a de minimus part of the whole problem is probably not the best uses of resources or time - and share of mind is a HUGE resource when it comes to protests and movements - just ask the Occupy folks what they accomplished after all their scattershot efforts.

by Anonymousreply 10June 28, 2020 12:48 AM

R10 I think the thing that was most ridiculous was that gay state senator getting beat up by protestors who were protesting and vandalizing because someone got ARRESTED. Not killed, just arrested. Shark jumping moment.

And I don't know what he's talking about with the "white gays" either. Every white gay's Twitter feed I follow spent two weeks posting Breonna Taylor memes or reposting statements from black activists, or comments from black activists about how "white people" sucked.

They've mostly stopped now, except for a few of them who jump from cause to cause because they like the attention.

by Anonymousreply 11June 28, 2020 12:54 AM

Let's not forget that blacks were OVERWHELMINGLY for the passage of Prop. 8, which called for the ABOLISHMENT of gay marriage in California. The blacks were most decidedly not our allies then, and I don't think things have changed all that much since then. There are social causes that I'll gladly be a part of, but I think I'll sit BLM out. I'm not against it, but I don't feel I owe the movement anything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 28, 2020 1:04 AM

Sounds like he needs to diversify his friends if he's claiming he's always the only black guy around.

by Anonymousreply 13June 28, 2020 1:06 AM

Yeah, no kidding!

by Anonymousreply 14June 28, 2020 1:17 AM

There are lots of talking heads saying crazy things. Of all races. Trump or his cronies hate gays and are dismantling the progress we’ve made over the last 2 decades. But not all white folks hate gays. There are black folks too who dislike us. But not all.

Here’s a 2019 poll that shows support for gay marriage is at:

White: 62%

Hispanics: 58%

Black: 51%

The gaps are not extreme and they are moving up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 28, 2020 1:21 AM

Didn’t he used to appear on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills as Kyles “ladysitter?”

by Anonymousreply 16June 28, 2020 1:38 AM

I'm so glad this person can speak for all white gays.

Not even white gays have the omniscience to be able to do that.

So many idiots with big mouths in the world, and every kook of every color seems to think he has the wisdom to pronounce the old biases and has a right to do so.

by Anonymousreply 17June 28, 2020 1:43 AM

It's telling that he has no black friends.

by Anonymousreply 18June 28, 2020 1:51 AM

Can someone please call the police and arrest whoever is putting the gun to his head making him hang out with white gays all the time?

And let's please tar and feather all of his white friends who hang out with him because they only hang out with one black man.

STFU

by Anonymousreply 19June 28, 2020 1:58 AM

He;s a dumbass which is why he's a host on E!. Wouldn't it be more hypocritical if white gays DIDN'T support them?

by Anonymousreply 20June 28, 2020 2:11 AM

[quote] Let's not forget that blacks were OVERWHELMINGLY for the passage of Prop. 8, which called for the ABOLISHMENT of gay marriage in California.

Do people remember that black people are less than 6% of the state of California? There is no way they could have been responsible for Prop 8 passing.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2020 2:13 AM

Fuck supporting anybody. Fascists! Going to my mountaintop. Bye, Felicia. Oh, and did I forget to say Fuck Off?

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2020 2:14 AM

And he is right of course. White gays are among the most intolerant people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2020 2:17 AM

R21 - it's not about whether they were responsible for Prop 8 - they didn't support it in vast numbers.

He's calling out white gays for not immediately supporting BLM - which is just based on his mouth alone.

I'd like to know what his white friends have to say about him dragging their asses through the mud. Something tells me there's one or two people that he's pissed at.

by Anonymousreply 24June 28, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote] which is just based on his mouth alone.

No, it is based on past behaviour

by Anonymousreply 25June 28, 2020 2:21 AM

If white gays are backing BLM, good. BLM has only been around for about 6 years. Things don't happen overnight. If he's sad, oh well.

by Anonymousreply 26June 28, 2020 2:22 AM

R25 - receipts? Otherwise it's just his mouth. There's no proof - only his mealy mouth statements which could or could not be true.

And glad that he speaks for all black women as well - I'm sure they would love to know how supportive they've always been for trans rights.

He's a fool and reckless with his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 27June 28, 2020 2:23 AM

How do you know R18?

by Anonymousreply 28June 28, 2020 2:23 AM

[quote] Things don't happen overnight.

BLM argues the time for talk is OVER - we want action NOW

by Anonymousreply 29June 28, 2020 2:24 AM

R27, lbh are there any spaces for black LGBT people in the 'community'? Isn't there clear segregation dominated by bigoted white gay men that would make Trump proud?

by Anonymousreply 30June 28, 2020 2:27 AM

Another Black who worships the straight people but hates the White Gay Men.

by Anonymousreply 31June 28, 2020 2:33 AM

I support better police training, discipline of bad officers and body cameras for all cops. But I don't support the "defund the police" movement or BLM.

by Anonymousreply 32June 28, 2020 1:20 PM

Who is he dating, out of curiosity? I'm guessing white boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 33June 28, 2020 2:44 PM

R33 He asked out olympic bottom Adam Rippon during a live interview. Which was weird because they are both bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 34June 28, 2020 2:51 PM

R33, he definitely only dates white guys. BLM to him until it's time to go the bedroom, and then it's the one-way train to White Town. His long-winded statement proves how conflicted he himself is.

by Anonymousreply 35June 28, 2020 3:12 PM

[quote][R21] - it's not about whether [blacks] were responsible for Prop 8 - they didn't support it in vast numbers.

They DID support Prop. 8 in vast numbers. While they themselves of course weren't directly responsible for its passage, the blacks made it very, very clear that they were against gay marriage. Read the linked LA Times article at r12. Their views haven't changed all that much since that time. Support BLM? I don't think so. While I won't campaign against it, I will do nothing to help it along.

by Anonymousreply 36June 29, 2020 1:42 AM

Black Lives Matter only when a cop is involved. When blacks shoot other blacks, which happens every day...turns out blacks don't care.

by Anonymousreply 37June 29, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote]“I have a weird relationship with the white gays,” Justin Sylvester said.

"I want to them to fuck me, but they don't want to, so now I need to make up shit to discredit them, rather than confront what's wrong with me."

by Anonymousreply 38June 29, 2020 2:10 AM

Dumbass

by Anonymousreply 39June 29, 2020 4:27 AM

He speaks truth. He shouldn’t generalize, but truth nonetheless! Deal!

by Anonymousreply 40June 29, 2020 4:34 AM

Oh, honey! You really can't badmouth the white gays. Who do you think watches our red carpet specials?

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 4:39 AM

Snow queens are hypocrits. They DEMAND that white men be open to fucking them and if not, they are disgusting intolerant racists! Snow queens blame the media and growing up surrounded by whites on their infatuation with getting fucked or dating white men but those same reasons do not apply to white men.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 4:52 AM

I think he's right, to a certain extent, but also fails to recognize that gays are still targets themselves.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 5:14 AM

If BLM wants gay support then they need to stop protesting gay events and apologies to gay people by the police while ignoring every fucking white nationalist movement in the country. Fucking pussy motherfuckers.

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 5:18 AM

"Do people remember that black people are less than 6% of the state of California?"

Precisely r21. Black people are actually a small share of the US population, which is why they are always going to be frustrated that their "representation" is not 50%. But they ever stop to think that their representation in the media, etc. is actually greater than their numbers.

It's also why this guy is often the only black gay amongst his group of friends.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 6:56 AM

This pushback against white people, specifically white minorities, uniting for the BLM cause is hilarious to me. How is this supposed to help them? What does making the people who want to help you feel like enemies do for you and your cause?

It's like they won't be satisfied until BLM implodes is upon itself.

by Anonymousreply 46August 3, 2020 10:30 AM

I believe that black lives matter but I don't support the organisation Black Lives Matter.

by Anonymousreply 47August 3, 2020 10:33 AM

Don't have to tell me twice.

by Anonymousreply 48August 3, 2020 10:34 AM

[quote]When we were marching for Prop 8 to be done, when we were marching for the right to marry and the right to adopt children, we all remember how it felt

Except you are rewriting history. The reason prop 8 was passed to ban gay marriage was directly related to the Mormon church in Utah targeting black churches with their advertising in California... and it worked. The majority of black voters in California voted against the rights for gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 49August 3, 2020 11:36 AM

I agree with him, but not in the same way. We both think white gays shouldn't be supporting black lives matter, but I think it's a matter of us being dumb to fight for the rights of people who'd love to see another AIDS-like plague wipe us off the face of the earth, rather than hypocrisy.

by Anonymousreply 50August 3, 2020 1:20 PM

Well, that’s his opinion.

by Anonymousreply 51August 3, 2020 2:05 PM

Top or bottom?

Sizemeat?

by Anonymousreply 52August 3, 2020 4:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!