Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taryn Power is Dead to Me!

Beautiful younger daughter of Tyrone Power and Linda Christian died of leukemia. Worked in Hollywood and in Europe as an actress. Two of her ex-husbands are legendary photographer Norman Seeff and rocker Tony Sales. Zeffirelli considered her (along with Isabella Rosellini) to play St. Clare in “Brother Sun, Sister Moon”, there are interesting photos online of Zeffirelli, Power and the original St. Francis, Frank Grimes.

Always came off well in the interviews I’ve seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 12:12 PM

So irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2020 7:44 PM

doesn't hermana mean sister, not daughter?

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 7:45 PM

Yes, and? No one's saying her mother was Romina Power, that was her sister.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 7:50 PM

‘Hermana’ is indeed sister; her older sister Romina was a pop singer and actress in Europe.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 7:51 PM

Oh shit, I'm an acquaintance of her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 7:54 PM

Tyrone Power was beautiful. I thought he was gay but he must have been bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 8:28 PM

The years were not kind to Taryn. She looked like that at 66?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 8:31 PM

She was beautiful when she was young. She favored her mother, looks-wise, while her sister definitely looked more like their father. Both lovely, though.

by Anonymousreply 8June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

“I could never make Richard (Chamberlain) out.”

There’s diplomacy for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 30, 2020 11:51 AM

66? She looked 86 in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 10June 30, 2020 11:56 AM

Did not know of her. She was gorgeous. Not entirely surprising, as her father was beautiful too, but genetics can be a crap shoot.

Some Tyrone for all.

RIP Taryn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 30, 2020 12:02 PM

Her father aged prematurely, too. Though I really don’t think Taryn looks too bad for her age, just a regular 60 something without makeup and flattering lighting. We are too accustomed to aging celebrities being pinched, pulled and filled within an inch of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 12June 30, 2020 12:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!