Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Silent Biden VP Candidates: Blind

Who do you think these 2 out-of-left-field candidate may be?

“Presidential Candidate Joe Biden is reportedly down to his final four choices for the VP slot in his campaign.

Multiple people close to the campaign have leaked the names of the four finalists.

They are Sen. Kamala Harris of California, Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts, Rep. Val Demings of Florida and Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms.

So that’s that, right?

Nope!

There are actually two other potential candidates – both women – who are still in discussions!

Both women are famous.

Both of these women were approached a long time ago but hesitated for several reasons.

First, they did not really want to play second fiddle to Joe Biden.

Second, they could not see him winning, and they did not want to be part of a losing ticket.

That was a couple of months ago.

A lot has changed since then and they are now back in the mix.

Publicly putting either of them into the mix would cause chaos right now, so no announcements will be made unless one of them is locked in.

In summary, we may see a famous female come out of left field as the VP Candidate… if she thinks that their ticket can win… and if she can see herself as President!”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257July 3, 2020 9:56 PM

“these” candidates!

“Hillary” Clinton!

Apologies for typos....

by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Jill Stein

Susan Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 4:13 AM

Brendad Ickson

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 4:16 AM

I knew he'd come back begging Marianne Williamson for help

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 5:19 AM

Justin Upton and Ryan Braun! Ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 5:22 AM

If Joe does not pick a blind person or another differently abled, it is because he doesn't trust us.

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 5:26 AM

Hillary and AOC.

Not Michelle. She's been adamant for years that she has no interest in a political career and I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 5:29 AM

"Hillard" would be an automatic "lose" for reasons well known to her (and others) Oprah. That is just insane. Michelle has said never will happen a thousand times and being First Lady doesn't give you automatic bona fides Kamala, possibly but she polled poorly among black women, and she's got some shitty history that I don't think will play well right now. I don't know enought about either Bottoms or Dennings, but getting the FLA vote would be a big deal, I don't know if she's popular enough there to help move it to blue.

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2020 5:30 AM

AOC? What about Ilhan Omar?

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2020 5:30 AM

Tammy Duckworth. I’d love to see the GOP attack a woman of colour who lost her legs fighting in the war.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2020 5:33 AM

AOC won her primary earlier this week with over 70% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2020 5:34 AM

Next time, try linking to a legitimate site with real political news and not this 1997 Wordpress website.

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2020 5:35 AM

It's gonna be Eva Longoria...there's a pic floating around of Biden sniffing her hair.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2020 5:37 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2020 5:37 AM

there's always another name or two in the mix who keeps it quiet. and part of their job is to keep the vetting process quiet. Its expected of them. McCain's campaign was so impressed that Palin could stay quiet they never realized she just didn't know or speak to anyone in Washington DC (in terms of reporters or politicians outside state business)

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2020 5:37 AM

Why isn't VIVIAN VANCE on your poll?

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2020 5:38 AM

is Caitlyn in the running? She sounds ready to switch political parties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Please. Susan rice.

by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2020 5:47 AM

I like guessing games.

It's unlikely to be a celebrity or Oprah-type figure, as Biden seems to want someone who is oven-ready to be Pres if he keels over.

A moderate Republican like Susan Collins, who is about to lose her Senate seat anyway?

Would he be mad enough to pick Condoleeza Rice?

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2020 5:49 AM

If ya'll don't support me- you ain't black!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2020 5:57 AM

^ Susan Collins! Are you kidding???? Surely you must be! She’s a caricature. She and Kav.

Someone else posited AOC, but isn’t she too young for the VP criteria?

I heard that Michele did NOT want to re-enter politics. But with the change in circumstances (country circling the drain, race relations and the Obama’s growing popularity in contrast to IMPOTUS) with her daughters now off in college, I heard rumblings from the Senate that she was reconsidering.

Additionally, she IS a popular black female candidate. Likely the most popular one in politics at the moment. And Joe is supposedly looking for a VP he has “good chemistry” with and would be on relative equal footing.

Question is, does she want to commit herself to continuing on as a Pres. candidate in 2024? That’s what this VP will need to consider. And it’s a big ask.

Have you heard anything about the Michelle rumblings, FCI?

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2020 6:00 AM

[quote] But I'm sure Blind Gossip has all of the intel...*eyeroll*

I know. I thought the same, but someone in Congress (aide) brought up BG as having “unofficial info” on political shenanigans.

If you look back, their track record isn’t too shabby.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote] First Lady doesn't give you automatic bona fides

Indeed. But she is a also a lawyer, and a politician’s wife who was the intimate of someone who served 2 terms of the US presidency in recent history?

Would not she have a better idea of what the job entailed than, say.....Stacey Abrams?

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2020 6:11 AM

[quote] First, they did not really want to play second fiddle to Joe Biden. Second, they could not see him winning, and they did not want to be part of a losing ticket.

If there is any merit to this, the way it is described, it sounds as though these women are key figures: not wanting to “play second fiddle” to Joe Biden.

And not wanting to risk their reputation with a loss.

Who is female and would be AS significant or more so on the national stage than Biden?

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2020 6:26 AM

^ Sally Yates?

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2020 6:27 AM

Whoever it is, this VP position could be unusual. It could even be a shadow president position given the age and state of Biden.

So being on the national stage and relative equal footing would be a major bonus.

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2020 6:33 AM

Nancy Pelosi.

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2020 6:33 AM

R27, Nancy’s older than Joe, no?

by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2020 6:38 AM

Krysten Sinema or Tammy Baldwin.

by Anonymousreply 29June 27, 2020 6:47 AM

Tammy Duckworth has ethics issues. Kamala all the way.

by Anonymousreply 30June 27, 2020 6:54 AM

When Kamala Was a Top Cop If elected, can the candidate be trusted to hold government officials accountable and oversee a progressive criminal-justice system? Her past says no.

- Atlantic

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2020 6:57 AM

I don't believe this. Both Hillary and Michelle would give Trump and the GOP red meat to throw to their wolves. Oprah - just no.

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2020 6:57 AM

If Joltin' Joe can talk Michelle into it, it'll be guaranteed "GAME OVER" for President Pussyshit, #MoscowMitch, and all of their satanic associates. But he can't.

Also, I doubt very, very, VERY much that we're gonna be seeing this bumper sticker anytime soon:

Biden / Bottoms 2020.

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2020 7:03 AM

^R30, what are Tammy Duckworth’s issues? Hadn’t heard of those.

Speaking as a California resident and someone who appreciates Kamala’s qualities, her history here has been less than....clean.

Given all the corruption and polarization in current US politics, think it wise if Biden could find someone waiting in the wings who is as clean as possible.

I think that rules out Kamala.

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2020 7:04 AM

[quote] Krysten Sinema or Tammy Baldwin.

Would having LGBT VP candidates be problematic for Biden if the race is close?

Or put another way, would Republicans against Trump consider that a bridge too far in their conservatism?

Also, did not realise Sina was the only non-theistic member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2020 7:19 AM

^Sinema!

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2020 7:20 AM

Dr. Jill Biden, VP

by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2020 7:23 AM

Dolly. Game over.

by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2020 7:23 AM

According to today’s NYT polling piece, Biden can probably pick just about whom ever he wants for V.P.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2020 7:24 AM

Besides the “ethics” issues, isn’t Duckwoth also ineligible?

She was born in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2020 7:38 AM

Biden and Sally Yates would be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2020 7:49 AM

i hope he picks elizabeth warren. we are in such a fucking serious crisis, we need the best possible person in the white house. It is her. Also, it would energize people again. Something hopeful.

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2020 8:42 AM

R8 = Always and forever disgruntled Sue Sarandon

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2020 8:48 AM

[quote] Biden can probably pick just about whom ever he wants for V.P.

I recall so could Hillary

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 27, 2020 8:59 AM

It's Meryl. I hear she's been working on a new accent for the role of VP. She's told Joe that she'll be his running mate under one condition. She wants Glenn, Sigourney and Jess to be moved to the servant quarters of her official residence. And she's also asked for Sue Sarandon to be sent off to Guantanamo Bay.

by Anonymousreply 45June 27, 2020 9:06 AM

R7 and R9 don’t know the U.S. Constitution. Try to keep up, guys. Eyeroll.

by Anonymousreply 46June 27, 2020 9:23 AM

(((((( I still say Hillary is the most qualified))))))

by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2020 9:49 AM

Elizabeth Warren didn’t win anything. She’s toxic.

by Anonymousreply 48June 27, 2020 10:08 AM

Elizabeth Warren will not be the pick. Picking her means, losing her Senate seat. Massachusetts has a Republican governor and he would get to fill her seat, at least temporarily. Winning the Senate is almost as important as winning the White House.

by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2020 10:36 AM

Warren is out of the game. This year they are not pandering to Indians, just blacks.

by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2020 11:26 AM

I would love Sally Yates so much, but there is no way it's not gonna be a black woman. I'm still hoping for Val. She's awesome. The Rs are already ramping up this defund the police nonsense as an attack. Val can handle that and a lot of other things.

Warren needs to shore up her support in Mass before she thinks about running for anything again. I think Kamala is too messy. I don't know anything about the Bottoms lady, but are mayors suddenly okay again? Some of you certainly weren't behind my man Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2020 1:46 PM

R44 How did Kaine affect things? Hillary won the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2020 7:03 PM

What's holding Joe up so long is the husbands. He has to find one who doesn't get a lot of tail on the side, and doesn't take drugs.

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2020 7:06 PM

Bottoms? Buttigieg didn't hurt as a last name but that was the Democratic Primary. These Republicans are a slimy bunch. I thought it would've been the Senator from Minnesota as VP nominee, but alas no. My second guess would then be the governor of Michigan, Gretchen Whitmer. This will be a tight race. White, suburban women will be able to relate her. Blacks love Biden so no need to acquiesce the VP slot on them. Republicans win on the margins. The base is getting fired up with the hatred for Trump. We need the margins to hold.

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2020 7:26 PM

[quote] These Republicans are a slimy bunch. I thought it would've been the Senator from Minnesota as VP nominee,

Would add the “Senator from Minnesota” to your label of the “Republican slimy bunch”

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2020 7:35 PM

Does the constitution prohibit him from choosing Barack, who already served two terms? Too lazy to check.

While I’m at it, if (theoretically speaking o/c), Barack runs for a House seat and is eventually appointed Speaker, and the president and Vice President both are killed by terrorists at the same time, could Barack become president?

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2020 7:35 PM

Uhm the Secret Service would like a word with you R56 aka Mr. Bootsy

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2020 7:39 PM

And why would that be? I don’t plan to kill the pres wielding only a hypothetical question.

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2020 7:45 PM

It better be a Trans Woman Of Color or he's toast.

by Anonymousreply 59June 27, 2020 7:47 PM

R56 This is from the Heritage Foundation's discussion of the 22nd Amendment.

[quote] These facts should not lead one to conclude that the Twenty-second Amendment is so straightforward that it requires no further interpretation. Among other unresolved questions, the amendment seems to leave open the possibility that a twice-elected president could still become president through nonelectoral means. For example, such a person might still be elevated to the presidency after serving as vice president, or, if authorized, to act as president through a presidential-succession statute. Indeed, many of today’s scholarly and policy debates about the amendment speculate on how it could be interpreted or altered to give the nation greater options in dealing with problems related to terrorism, emergency rule, and presidential succession. Critics have urged repeal of the amendment on the grounds that it makes executive leadership more difficult and limits popular choice.

So it sounds like it could happen, but would probably result in a legal challenge and something to be decided by SCOTUS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2020 7:51 PM

I hope he picks Mrs. Tim Kaine.

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2020 7:51 PM

I'll guarantee that Southern vote, y'all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2020 7:53 PM

Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2020 7:56 PM

Roxane Gay

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2020 7:57 PM

Meghan Markle of course

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2020 7:59 PM

The BI description makes it sound like Hillary. Didn't want to be second to Biden and wants to see herself as President. Right up her alley.

Biden has it narrowed down to some great women, so I'm pretty much good with any of them, but that's who it sounds like.

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2020 8:00 PM

I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2020 8:02 PM

Thanks God, it's me, Me-GAIN!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 27, 2020 8:04 PM

Ina Garten.

Beyonce.

by Anonymousreply 69June 27, 2020 8:05 PM

Rachel Dolezal

by Anonymousreply 70June 27, 2020 8:06 PM

This is some combination of click-bait and troll-bait, isn't it? Aren't most gossip sites run by Trump supporoters? "Sources close to the campaign" sounds like 'pulled it out from our asses'

I'll be smiling all day imagining Meghan Markle or Rachel Dolezal.

by Anonymousreply 71June 27, 2020 8:07 PM

Special reinforcements to Air Force Two will be needed to accommodate Kim's ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 27, 2020 8:09 PM

Are they looking at Lucy McBath?

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2020 8:11 PM

Susan Rice and Tammy Duckworth are the other two. I like Tammy (I'm in her state) but I don't think she has the experience. I think it will come down to Susan Rice or Kamala. Either one will slay Pence during the VP debates. But remember that whoever runs as VP with Biden has to be electable at the top of the ticket in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 74June 27, 2020 8:39 PM

R74 But remember that whoever runs as VP with Biden has to be electable at the top of the ticket in 2024.

Duckworth wasn't born in the United States, so that pretty much counts her out.

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2020 8:54 PM

I have not been considering Hillary because of the baggage. But if Biden is only the "no trump" vote then what better way to say screw trump than watch him go down on a ticket with her on it? I don't mean that poetically. I am just thinking that if you are a voter who wants to tell trump to fuck off, who better?

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2020 9:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think Susan Rice would be an awesome pick based on her credentials. However, she is an AUTOMATIC trigger for the Fox audience. They have a built in hatred of her already that could spill over into independent voters. Much like the Hillary hatred, based on nonstop garbage spewed in the right wing media.

I'd prefer Val Demings--she is from Florida and was a police chief. That will go a long way to bridging the gap between "law and order" types and the rest of us. She also kicked major ass in the impeachment and will make mincemeat of Pence in a debate.

That all said, I'd be okay with any of them, really. I just wish we could vote tomorrow and get this over with.

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2020 9:06 PM

I think Michelle Obama has too much class to accept the nomination because it’s would be shameless pandering to get female and black votes.

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2020 9:42 PM

Michelle Obama doesn't want another 4 years of that nightmare. Logically speaking, Biden needs someone smart to run the show and on the left in order to bridge the two sides of the party, so Warren would be a logical choice but I also understand the political need for a black woman to be in that position, so if it's Kamala, say, I'll have no problem with that.

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2020 9:49 PM

R75, Duckworth was a “natural born Citizen,” under Article Two, section 1 of the Constitution, as the daughter of an American citizen Army veteran. She naturally gained her American citizenship at the time of her birth by virtue of having a father who was a citizen.

by Anonymousreply 80June 27, 2020 11:15 PM

Are we going to ignore Kamala’s issues, folks?

While she seems likable enough on the SURFACE, being superficial (ahem, reality-tv-faux-wealthy blowhard), is what landed us in trouble in the first place.

If the VP had a SERIOUS chance of becoming pres (and with somewhat aged and confused Joe it looks like it) we need DECENT contenders: ethical, capable and experienced.

That, I am sorry to say, rules out Kamala (and others).

Michelle Obama (if she’ll take it).

Elizabeth Warren

Sally Yates, possibly (has anyone done a deep dive on her?)

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2020 11:19 PM

It is the media pushing for a black VP. The poll I saw today more blacks want Warren than Harris.

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2020 11:42 PM

Bernice Sanders!

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2020 11:49 PM

Who cares if we trigger the Fox crowd? They are not voting for Democrats. Michelle Obama would energize the Obama coalition, which has been the most successful Democratic electoral strategy since FDR.

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2020 11:50 PM

Susan Rice.

She will be the pick.

You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2020 11:57 PM

Is that you, @R85, Lynn Stairmaster?

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2020 11:59 PM

Michelle would be an epic political tsunami and he should be down on his hands and knees begging her to run with him. Biden/Obama would be a masterstroke

by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2020 12:05 AM

No r85 I didn’t

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2020 12:14 AM

I'm praying for Duckworth.

Warren is too old, damn it. We need someone who can do TWO FULL TERMS after four years of Joe. Warren is NOT that person. Switching back and forth, would be unorganized and tacky. We would lose, again, probably to Tom 'Nazi' Cotton.

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2020 12:19 AM

You do know that this gossip site has zero inside knowledge of what's going on inside Bidens campaign...yes?

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2020 12:41 AM

r11, AOC isn't old enough to be VP or P.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2020 12:53 AM

I've been saying for months that Hillary was approached a long time ago. This is well-known by people who run in Democratic circles. Supposedly, one of her conditions for accepting the spot is that Joe agree to run for only one term, and then he must endorse her if she decides to run for president.

The other woman in consideration is most likely Condoleeza Rice. Yuck!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2020 1:00 AM

Oh please. LMAO. That’s ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2020 1:01 AM

Hillary would add nothing to the ticket now. If he is smart he will pick Warren. She has the ideas and has already researched most of what the left want and how to get it.

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2020 1:14 AM

If she's blind, she better not be that fucking bitch TV sister of mine, Missy Sue Anderson.

Oh wait: she's Canadian. SAFE!

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2020 1:17 AM

Warren is too old to take over in 2024. She's also white and if he's smart BIden will pick a WOC for his VP.

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2020 1:23 AM

When I really think it through, I'm not sure I agree with the conventional wisdom that Joe should choose a woman of color. I'm afraid that the number of voters who would be attracted to such a candidate might be out weighed by misogynistic and racist voters.

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2020 1:48 AM

Black Democrats torn between Kamala and Warren:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2020 6:52 AM

I doubt it’ll happen, but holy fuck... Michelle would ensure a Democratic president for the next 16 years.

If Uncle Joe can hang in there.

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2020 7:39 AM

Michelle Obama is an executive at Netflix and other billion dollar enterprises. She has no time for public service (again).

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2020 7:42 AM

No, the last thing the lovely and fabulous Michelle Obama needs is another four or eight years of abuse and scrutiny. Given the situation with the pandemic the racist MAGA cunts will go out of their way to make it a lose-lose situation for a Democrat president and MO will get blamed even though most people hardly ever pay attention to what the VP does.

A woman as smart, accomplished and upright as MO deserves a lot better.

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2020 9:49 AM

Michelle famously worried about her family being in the hot seat for eight years.

She sure as hell doesn’t want twenty-four.

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2020 10:04 AM

Twenty four? That would be 3 8 year terms (Obama, Biden, Obama). The last two are not in the cards being dealt.

I wonder (with no evidence) if she would agree to a one term VP. It would be a clear field in 2024, which would be exactly the bridge to the future Biden is offering.

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2020 11:25 AM

Family exposed for eight years under her husband’s terms. She’s VP for poster suggested 2 terms under Biden; and then runs for two terms on her own = 24 years

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2020 12:40 PM

Michelle has been in the center of of political careers for decades and has always said I DO NOT WANT TO BE INVOLVED! I simply do not understand at all these DL dreamers who think she would accept if asked. She has stated frankly, blatantly and openly for years i DO NOT WANT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT A POLITICAL CAREER.

And she has had every possible opportunity to get involved in politics if she wanted to. For decades. Decades. Every possible opportunity financially, politically, and connections wise to enter politics. Yet for decades now, she has said NO and said she will NOT reconsider.

Are these people Russian trolls or simply deranged?

What kind of mental derangement is going on for these DL dreamers who think she would consider running?

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2020 1:00 PM

And let's not forget at how horribly Michelle Obama was treated by people during the campaigns. They tried to paint her as a racist, militant, angry, they complained that she wore J Crew, that she showed her arms, that she touched the Queen and on and on and on. I don't blame her for not wanting to get into that mess again.

by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2020 2:12 PM

Stormy Daniels

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2020 2:30 PM

How about Maya Wiley, I didn't care for her a whole lot when she first started appearing on MSNBC but she has really grown on me. She is a former Federal Prosecutor, an American civil rights activist and former board chair of the NYC Civilian Complaint Review Board, an independent and impartial police oversight agency.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2020 3:29 PM

I just hope when Biden announces his black female running mate that he doesn't use the words he used to describe Obama

[quote] you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.

by Anonymousreply 109June 28, 2020 3:32 PM

r92, are you sure you don't mean Susan Rice instead of Condoleezza Rice? Condi would destroy Biden's lead. For every Republican that might vote for him, he'd depress the vote of 100-1000 Democrats uninterested in dealing with Republicans after 4 years of terror. The campaign could have been doing one of those bi-partisan trial balloons just to say they've done it. Biden's team has never slipped up once. The candidate has, but his team has been rather sharp, especially after Iowa. They are true blue Democrats running his operation, no way would they give up all of the hard fought ground they gained with Progressives with a hail Mary throw to bipartisanism. Especially, if Biden looks like someone that could keel over in the the next 4.5 years.

by Anonymousreply 110June 28, 2020 3:48 PM

Would Condoleezza Rice be the first lesbian President, if she were to assume office? I never heard much about her personal life. Is she family?

by Anonymousreply 111June 28, 2020 3:53 PM

Hillary is a no-go zone if Biden is serious about winning. Warren is no-go as they cannot afford to lose her senate seat. AOC is constitutionally ineligible due to age. Keisha Lance-Bottoms is another Palin in the making. Val Demings does not have enough experience to take over the top job if needed. Tammy Duckworth's ethics make most republicans look like saints. Michele Obama will only do it if Biden holds a gun to Sasha and Maila's heads. Condi Rice is a war mongerer to rival Bolton and Cheney-and a republican. That pretty much leaves... Harris and she is a problematic choice as well

by Anonymousreply 112June 28, 2020 4:07 PM

From a NYT opinion piece on why Tammy Duckworth would be the best choice:

As my colleague Jennifer Steinhauer explained in a recent profile of Duckworth in The Times, she didn’t just serve in the Army: She became a helicopter pilot, which isn’t a job brimming with women. And as she flew near Baghdad one day in 2004, her Blackhawk was struck by a rocket-propelled grenade. The explosion left her near death.

She later received a Purple Heart, but she bristles when she’s called a hero. That designation, she has often said, belongs to her co-pilot, Dan Milberg, and others who carried her from the wreckage and got her to safety.

She put it this way when, as part of a “Note to Self” feature on “CBS This Morning,” she read aloud a letter that she had written to the younger Tammy: “You’ll make it out alive completely because of the grit, sacrifice and outright heroism of others. You haven’t done anything to be worthy of their sacrifices, but these heroes will give you a second chance at life.” She paused there briefly, fighting back tears.

To Steinhauer she said, “I wake up every day thinking, ‘I am never going to make Dan regret saving my life.’” Her subsequent advocacy for veterans, her run for Congress, her election to the Senate: She casts all of it in terms of gratitude and an obligation to give back.

Tell me how Trump campaigns against that. Tell me how he mocks her — which is the only way he knows how to engage with opponents. Or, rather, tell me how he does so without seeming even more obscene than he already does and turning off everyone beyond the cultish segment of the electorate that will never abandon him. Duckworth on the Democratic ticket is like some psy-ops masterstroke, all the more so because it was she who nicknamed Trump “Cadet Bone Spurs.”

I asked her about that on the phone on Thursday, remarking that it was uncharacteristically acerbic of her. “This guy’s a bully,” she said. “And bullies need a taste of their own medicine.”

by Anonymousreply 113June 28, 2020 4:09 PM

[quote]Hillary and AOC.

For the 107th time, AOC is not old enough to be either President or Vice-President.

by Anonymousreply 114June 28, 2020 4:26 PM

[quote]Krysten Sinema or Tammy Baldwin.

Kyrsten Sienna voted to confirm Bill Barr, the most corrupt Attorney General the United States has ever had...so she needs to be considered permanently cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 115June 28, 2020 4:28 PM

At this point I think it would be a mistake to nominate an A-lister. Entertainers can be polarizing, and the Trump campaign can dig up so much dirt on them, that they can turn this in to "his person is so horrible, they did this, et.c" a la Hillary and nonpolitical types who hate said celebrity so much might just vote for trump. The safe bet is a current serving female, thats likeable, preferably a minority.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2020 4:32 PM

Inside scoop from my friends who work in the Senate: Kamala Harris is still the front runner but Biden is reluctant to pick her as he knows full well that she would do everything she could to upstage him. She's all ambition, no morals. Biden felt that it was his job as VP never to overshadow his boss, and for the most part, he did a great job at that. He wants a woman who will coordinate her work with his, not one who will work to eclipse him. (Another reason Abrams is out.)

He's also afraid of Warren as VP for similar reasons, although she would be a popular choice. If it were simply up to Biden, he would have picked Klobuchar, but that's over. Susan Rice and Val Demings still have a strong shot. He also likes the Tammies, but both being white, and one being gay, means that they probably won't get chosen. Bass is getting strong consideration as well. Grisham is another long shot but possible choice.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2020 5:16 PM

[quote]you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man.

I am that little girl.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2020 6:35 PM

He's obviously approached Oprah, but she has a big ego and wouldn't consider it unless she knew for certain that he was going to win. She also fits the clue about not wanting to play second fiddle to him.

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2020 7:18 PM

[quote] Bass is getting strong consideration as well.

Democrats grimace at Fidel Castro comments by Biden VP contender Karen Bass

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 28, 2020 7:26 PM

No personality. Old news. Too young and inexperienced. Too scolding. Too divisive. Checkered past. Who?

by Anonymousreply 121June 28, 2020 7:41 PM

R117, if that’s the case, Biden should run that list past some black leaders with credibility, who can sell the nominee to the black community as a good choice. People like Senator Jim Clyburn, John Lewis, Maxine Waters, the real old school leaders of the black caucus. Let them sell it. Those guys know their audience. And put some blacks and women on the Supreme Court. That would probably change more than a VP for four years anyway.

The Supreme Court ought to be majority women anyway, they are more than 50% of the population, and they’d be interested in healthcare, domestic abuse and other issues that affect women and children and the poor. Everybody would be better off.

Well-off old men’s wives took care of all that stuff, and male judges and politicians in that age group don’t give a shit about kids, at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 28, 2020 10:17 PM

Listen bitches, Oprah promised me the gig. Its mine.

by Anonymousreply 123June 28, 2020 11:56 PM

r122 Jim Clyburn is not a senator.

by Anonymousreply 124June 29, 2020 12:30 AM

If his campaign becomes All Blacks All The Time... white voters are going to stay home, and he can't win the Midwest without working class whites.

by Anonymousreply 125June 29, 2020 1:58 AM

Michelle Obama would never get into politics. I remember when she was asked about it while her husband was still in office. She struggled to find the right words but what I got out of it was, she's far too blunt to be a politician.

She does not suffer fools and her popularity would plummet as soon as she delivered a truth too difficult for the masses to swallow. And that would probably happen pretty much right out of the gate, so why bother?

by Anonymousreply 126June 29, 2020 2:13 AM

I think Oprah feels it would put her life in danger. She is very polarizing. I don't think she is stupid enough to sacrifice her life for this country. She'd never get any work done because she's not a politician and does not have any clout in Congress. What would really be the point.

Hillary would be the only choice that makes sense and she's hated by far too many people. Time to move on from entrenched DC politicians.

by Anonymousreply 127June 29, 2020 2:16 AM

Re Oprah. Never underestimate the power of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 128June 29, 2020 2:33 AM

This sounds like total bullshit. It's much more realistic to think they are thinking years and years ahead, as in several terms. Planning short term goals for Joe and long term goals for his younger VP who will (hopefully) follow up by winning in 2024 and 2028. They won't waste the possibility of that on a celebrity VP.

by Anonymousreply 129June 29, 2020 2:34 AM

BidenClinton 2020

by Anonymousreply 130June 29, 2020 2:41 AM

r128 I guess you have never been in a thread about Oprah her on DL. Plenty of vitriol. Buckets of it.

You can also go to YouTube and read in nice selection of hateful comments there as well.

Oprah does NOT want to put a target on her head. No interest. Move on.

by Anonymousreply 131June 29, 2020 2:45 AM

Tammy Duckworth is not white, by the way. She is Thai-American. What's her ethics problem again? I'm not being dismissive, I'd like to know. She makes a lot of sense to me--decorated vet former helicopter pilot. A real war hero!

by Anonymousreply 132June 29, 2020 2:46 AM

If Michelle Obama were interested, which she's not, the absolute last reason she would give is that she didn't want to play second fiddle to Joe Biden.

by Anonymousreply 133June 29, 2020 2:50 AM

Pretty sure her being a veteran and a war hero IS what the poster considers her "ethics problem", R132. Which would, of ourse, be more bullshit.

I agree with you, R132, Duckworth would be an amazing choice! A wonderful, badass VP for Joe and a capable and fearless president in 2024/2028.

by Anonymousreply 134June 29, 2020 2:51 AM

[quote] What's her ethics problem again? I'm not being dismissive, I'd like to know

I also would appreciate hearing more about Tammy Duckworth.

I’m open to all candidates: all seem to have their benefits and challenges.

This upcoming VP (assuming it’s not Pence/Trump) will have a heavier than usual load.

From what I have read about Tammy, she seems capable; but there are a few concerns given that she would represent the first female in such a position:

1) She’s a Mom to relatively young children. And while there are capable people to assist raising children; as most would appreciate, there is nothing like having a mother’s attention while young.

2) She has some physical challenges...which she seems to compensate for quite well. But nevertheless they exist. Combine this with Joe’s aged and sometimes muddled remarks, this might not be an ideal combination at a time when the USA is struggling heavily.

3) My spidey senses are on alert with her. And I can’t explain why. That’s usually a big, red flag,....ask those who know me.

So would appreciate the 411 on Duckworth if anyone has it.

by Anonymousreply 135June 29, 2020 3:15 AM

R131, name a celeb who doesn't inspire vitriol on DL. What Oprah showed the world during the Texas trial is that an entire state could be against you, but put her in front of a microphone and magic still happens. Trumps victory in 2016 shows that people are often more interested in name value.

I'm not saying it will happen but it would be more interesting than anything else mentioned. Only a year after Trump, there was a campaign to draft Oprah to run for President. She was as qualified as Trump.

by Anonymousreply 136June 29, 2020 3:21 AM

There's a health emergency with coronavirus! Biden wil handle that with someone that his wife is most comfortable with. It'll probably be a white woman at this point. Whitmer is gonna lead the charge

by Anonymousreply 137June 29, 2020 3:44 AM

Google "Duckworth" and "ethics" and the only thing that comes up is a 5-year-old lawsuit that's been settled out of court.

by Anonymousreply 138June 29, 2020 3:51 AM

Moral courage is tough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 29, 2020 4:02 AM

Problem with Val Demmings is that there's no such thing as a big city police force without major shit swept under the rug. Ugly shit. The risk is astronomical that something that is on nobody's radar and has never been reported on will blow up in their faces. There's just no way to vet her for this. Maybe in a different time but not in 2020 when police abuses going back decades are now coming under the microscope. The shit that she had to put up with or look the other way on in order to effectively run her police force will come to light (with millions of dollars being thrown around getting people to spill the beans). It's just not going to happen. Biden is too smart to leave himself exposed like this.

by Anonymousreply 140June 29, 2020 4:35 AM

It doesn't say that the two unknown candidates are women. They could be men.

by Anonymousreply 141June 29, 2020 5:00 AM

The fourth runnerup and winner of a 5 thousand dollar scholarship is....

by Anonymousreply 142June 29, 2020 5:07 AM

If it were either Oprah or Michelle, black Americans would crawl over broken glass to get the the polls. Kamala I'm not so sure, and name ID on the others isn't as high.

Please let it be Michelle. I know she said she doesn't want it, but FUCK.

by Anonymousreply 143June 29, 2020 5:10 AM

R143, You're very unaware if you think Oprah is still that popular among all Black Americans.

by Anonymousreply 144June 29, 2020 5:35 AM

R144=Gayle

by Anonymousreply 145June 29, 2020 5:45 AM

Biden should pick a VP that has never been vetted by the American people over Elizabeth Warren, who has been vetted by the American people. Moreover, polls show the all register democrats want Elizabeth Warren as VP, including African-Americans.

Who is a thinking person that actually thinks this way?

by Anonymousreply 146June 29, 2020 5:47 AM

Can all these supposed Warren lovers stop her from getting old and dying? Because in four years she’ll be too old to run for President.

by Anonymousreply 147June 29, 2020 6:00 AM

The pick for VP is going to be Beyonce. In her usual style she will release a surprise single on the day of the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 148June 29, 2020 6:16 AM

Is RuPaul in the running?

by Anonymousreply 149June 29, 2020 7:05 AM

The VP obviously needs to be a TWOC who will EDUCATE everyone's ignorant asses. Any other candidate would be literal violence.

I am exhausted. And exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 150June 29, 2020 8:33 AM

Sally Yates. One of these silent candidates is absolutely Sally Yates.

From the South, former deputy attorney general under Obama, went viral for owning Ted Cruz in that Congressional hearing.

She might end up as AG but I bet she is definitely being vetted for VP. She tweets infrequently, but whenever she does, it's in lock-step with Biden, and she gets tons of support.

by Anonymousreply 151June 29, 2020 9:08 AM

Sally Yates is one of the names I want to be involved in the new administration.

She was a class act and her name all too quickly forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 152June 29, 2020 9:31 AM

I may be trolled by suggesting this, but how do people think MO is qualified to be President exactly? Yes, she was, in fact, First Lady for 8 years, but does she have any experience with actually governing? Did she ever win an election by herself? Yes, she has a law degree, but even then that just makes her a newbie. Just beings devils advocate as I would love have her as VP. I think I wrote this before and was just regarded as a troll, but can one state what makes her qualified?

by Anonymousreply 153June 29, 2020 10:05 AM

Sally Yates would be a perfect choice. She's pragmatic. She knows the law and gov't. She's not a lightning rod like Hillary. She's not a coastal Democrat. I think men would vote for her because she's non-threatening. She's unshakeable. Republicans that are fleeing the GOP and voting for Biden would be fine with her as VP.

by Anonymousreply 154June 29, 2020 10:08 AM

Sally Yates is a lifelong Georgian and could get a ton of (silent) Southern female votes.

And going by what I've seen of her command of the Constitution on the national stage, I could 100% see her as commander-in-chief from Day One.

by Anonymousreply 155June 29, 2020 10:23 AM

Yates is a better pick than any of the women being vetted. It’s a shame.

by Anonymousreply 156June 29, 2020 10:28 AM

I believe Rosario Dawson's beard contract with Cory has run out. This has given her the experience of nodding agreeable to whatever the candidate says. A VP doesn't nerd more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 29, 2020 10:32 AM

Sally slaying Ted Cruz and Trump with her precise knowledge of the law, the Constitution and just plain common sense:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Sally slaying Ted Cruz and Trump with her precise knowledge of the law, the Constitution and just plain common sense:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 29, 2020 10:35 AM

Ok, you guys made me look into Yates. She WOULD be spectacular! She's moved up there with Duckworth for me, for my top picks for Joe's VPs.

LOL, if only I could bend his ear!

by Anonymousreply 160June 29, 2020 4:51 PM

How about me? I'll bring plenty of sass to the job.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161June 29, 2020 5:02 PM

It is highly doubtful MO would ever get into politics herself. Pity. While she has never held an elected office, her background is pretty impressive. Per Wikipedia: Obama is a graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School. In her early legal career, she worked at the law firm Sidley Austin where she met Barack Obama. She subsequently worked in non-profits and as the associate dean of Student Services at the University of Chicago as well as the vice president for Community and External Affairs of the University of Chicago Medical Center.

by Anonymousreply 162June 29, 2020 5:29 PM

It is not Hillary Clinton. Why would she give a shit whether she was a part of a winning ticket or not? Being a part of a winning ticket would only be a important for those with future political aspirations. At Hillary's age, she is done.

by Anonymousreply 163June 29, 2020 5:35 PM

[quote]I believe Rosario Dawson's beard contract with Cory has run out.

It did but it's been renewed. She's even announced she's moving to New Jersey. Booker is hoping either to be the VP pick (not going to happen) or to get a cabinet or other major administration position. She'll be paid until something is settled.

by Anonymousreply 164June 29, 2020 5:37 PM

Tammy Duckworth!

by Anonymousreply 165June 29, 2020 5:41 PM

I hope it’s Mariah Carey. She’s cut way back on drinking.

by Anonymousreply 166June 29, 2020 7:57 PM

R163 Hillary's younger than both Dump and Biden, and women generally live longer.

by Anonymousreply 167June 29, 2020 8:19 PM

Hillary is too rich to put up with the foolishness anymore. Benghazi! Buttery males!

by Anonymousreply 168June 29, 2020 8:31 PM

Duckworth is one tough woman. A true American hero.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 30, 2020 2:29 AM

[quote] Duckworth is one tough woman. A true American hero.

John McCain was also a tough hero, but he would have been a horrible president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 30, 2020 2:42 AM

Tammy Duckworth would be a fabulous VP. She didn't do it for the resume like Buttigieg, nor a careerist like so many others being vetted for VP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 30, 2020 2:45 AM

Agree, R171. She would compliment Joe, always work WITH him and, when needed (2024/28), lead with integrity and intellect. No VP choice could be a bigger badass than Duckworth, a perfect partner to Uncle Joe, the 'Healer of America'.

by Anonymousreply 172June 30, 2020 3:15 AM

The Dems need to shore up the ticket. The criticism that is working on Biden is he has dementia and can barely speak anymore. So you get a very qualified and great public speaker. This is Elizabeth Warren.

The progressives will work their asses off to get Elizabeth Warren in the WH. Not so much for Joe. They will vote for Joe Biden, but we are talking about Free Work to get the ticket elected. Elizabeth Warren brings this. This is how we win.

Also, she has already been vetted by the American people. People LOVE her.

by Anonymousreply 173June 30, 2020 3:32 AM

So you WANT another Republican senator, R173? Not gonna happen.

by Anonymousreply 174June 30, 2020 3:34 AM

OP,

I won’t be voting for Moderate Republican Joe “I have no empathy” Biden.

So, I don’t care who will be his v.p.

by Anonymousreply 175June 30, 2020 3:36 AM

Well, we are certainly aware that R173 loves Liz as he/she posts in the same broken English 50 times a day on DL praising her and spewing the same boring ass statements over and over again. Hope you are on her payroll.

by Anonymousreply 176June 30, 2020 3:37 AM

Her own home state didn't love her, R173.

by Anonymousreply 177June 30, 2020 3:56 AM

Michelle has made it explicitly clear she will never do it. Let. It. Go.

And smh at the moron(s) who write AOC. Learning the very simple, well-known rule that you have to be 35 on Inauguration Day to be president. And that goes for VP for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 178June 30, 2020 4:00 AM

Julia Louis-Dreyfus

by Anonymousreply 179June 30, 2020 4:03 AM

If not for that pesky Constitution thing AOC would be a good match for Joe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180June 30, 2020 4:04 AM

Even after all these years of people bringing it up, I still find it unbelievable that anyone thinks Oprah fucking Winfrey is a suitable candidate for president or VP. That's one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Does she know about foreign policy, economics, the US Constitution? Has she ever held elective office or had anything to do with government at all?

by Anonymousreply 181June 30, 2020 4:09 AM

r181 Have you not noticed who is currently living in the White House?

by Anonymousreply 182June 30, 2020 4:11 AM

Beyonce

Gail King

by Anonymousreply 183June 30, 2020 4:13 AM

Gina Gina Gina!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 30, 2020 4:59 AM

Susan Rice

by Anonymousreply 185June 30, 2020 5:25 AM

HOW did we forget about Sally Yates?! If Michelle won't and Duckworth either can't or won't, then Yates stands head and shoulders above everybody else (looking at YOU, overrated/problematic KamaLaLaLand.)

by Anonymousreply 186June 30, 2020 6:28 AM

Forget the women. These are the worst of times, and we can't take any chances. We need someone who can carry the Party. And, God forbid anything would happen to Biden, you need a VP who is strong enough to fill in for the President. That is something many people don't consider when a VP candidate is chosen.

Andrew Cuomo for Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 187June 30, 2020 6:39 AM

Joe has dementia. There is no way to ignore it. He backed himself into a corner saying that he would pick a female POC as his VP .

Bernie was robbed. He should be the candidate.

But, if it has to be Biden, then his VP should be Bernie, Warren, Yang, Bottoms, Gretchen or Stacy.

NOT Kamala, ever!

by Anonymousreply 188June 30, 2020 6:44 AM

Bernie was not robbed, moron at R188. The Democratic voters didn't want him. They didn't vote for his hunchbacked, Socialist ass, ok? That's not 'robbery', that's 'losing'. The old bitch LOST!

by Anonymousreply 189June 30, 2020 6:51 AM

[quote] The Democratic voters didn't want him

I've never actually seen any sign Democratic voters "want" Joe either. It' s more they are resigned to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 30, 2020 7:02 AM

But, they wanted Hunchback Sanders less than Joe Biden, dear. By huge, clear margins. How about them apples?

by Anonymousreply 191June 30, 2020 7:06 AM

[quote]I've never actually seen any sign Democratic voters "want" Joe either.

The real problem was the 1001 people running for President, who had no way of winning, just to get attention. They bit and chomped at each other's bases.

Joe and Bernie should have put aside their vanity and not ran for a Presidency where both could have only served a single term!

It would have likely been Warren, Buttigieg and Harris standing at the end and any of those three could individually generate a lot of excitement.

(Yes, we should vote Blue no matter who is up there but let's not kid ourselves. We've learned some people need that PUSH.)

by Anonymousreply 192June 30, 2020 7:18 AM

R192 - In your scenario, it would have come down to Warren and Harris IMO - so I mostly agree. Pete is smart and likable but just WAY too green (and lacking the 40 years of tabloid "celebrity" that Trumpy brings). The winning candidate would have chosen a male running mate to balance the ticket (which could have been Pete). That said, in the environment of 2019/2020 - voters are too afraid to jump for another female candidate. It's not the election year to take chances considering what this country has been reduced to after 3.5 years of this particularly gruesome bunch in power (Dump is only a part of the infestation). A female VP in 2020 will help normalize the next step in 2024 (I know that Hillary actually won and was cheated - but you get the point..).

by Anonymousreply 193June 30, 2020 7:33 AM

Voter suppression and DNC corruption 2016 and repeated in 2020, you gigantic moron R189 !

by Anonymousreply 194June 30, 2020 7:35 AM

[quote]It better be a Trans Woman Of Color or he's toast.

The right one will get the young black men to go vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 30, 2020 9:01 AM

The cult of incels vote was too small for Bernie to win.

by Anonymousreply 196June 30, 2020 9:16 AM

then why did bernie sanders come in second, with a large field primary?

And why did bloomberg spend half billion dollars to defeat Bernie Sanders?

This was dirty. The way to clean this up is to pick: ELIZABETH WARREN.

by Anonymousreply 197June 30, 2020 10:08 AM

The Liz trolls can stop now.

by Anonymousreply 198June 30, 2020 10:33 AM

R164, I'm pretty sure Rosario Dawson is worth more than him.

by Anonymousreply 199June 30, 2020 12:41 PM

I too loves me some Gina. Yet another woman in power I wouldn't kick out of bed. Even George Will is suggesting her for VP! [See recommendation at R184 in the WaPo.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 30, 2020 1:34 PM

Remember that the Vice President will be the front-runner for the Democratic nomination in 2024. And AOC will be old enough at that time and she WILL be running then as well. So we need to think ahead and make sure this nominee can easily withstand a Primary challenge from that Socialist bitch and all the Bernie trash she’s going to bring along with her.

by Anonymousreply 201June 30, 2020 2:25 PM

'Voter supression', lol. No. He didn't have the support. Not in 98% of the primary races.

Screw Bernie and his ass kisser Liz.

by Anonymousreply 202June 30, 2020 3:27 PM

I would love it to be Hillary, but right now, the only choice is Michelle.

by Anonymousreply 203June 30, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote]Biden felt that it was his job as VP never to overshadow his boss, and for the most part, he did a great job at that

Except for the times that he publicly contradicted Obama's statements.

Furthermore, let's be real, it's Biden who would have the problem with a woman overshadowing him, not the other way.

Biden should have just said that he was going to put women in key roles in his administration and left it at that. Explicitly stating that it was going to be a female was not a great move, because it cut his potential candidates down to half. And now everyone assumes it has to be a woman of color, so that cuts down the list even further. He boxed himself in with that move, and 2024 will tell if it was truly worth it or not.

The best choice for him would have been Cory Booker.

by Anonymousreply 204June 30, 2020 4:30 PM

R204, You do realize that Cory Booker was never popular with Black women let alone any other demographic?

by Anonymousreply 205June 30, 2020 5:12 PM

R182, and that makes Oprah fucking Winfrey a good choice how?

by Anonymousreply 206June 30, 2020 5:15 PM

Anybody listen to Biden speaking right now? Jesus Christ he is whipping Trump’s ass! He just said he will undo everything Trump ever did. He’s talking about Covid and how shitty Trumps handling it.

by Anonymousreply 207June 30, 2020 5:30 PM

Biden is taking questions now.

by Anonymousreply 208June 30, 2020 5:30 PM

Where are you listening?

by Anonymousreply 209June 30, 2020 5:31 PM

I am, R207! Joe is tearing Dump up. GET HIM, JOE!

by Anonymousreply 210June 30, 2020 5:33 PM

Here you go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 30, 2020 5:35 PM

He’s taking questions on CNN. Now saying if Russian story is true, Trump isn’t fit to be President.

by Anonymousreply 212June 30, 2020 5:36 PM

He does seem a little tiny bit slower and more scattered compared to what he was before, but I'm fine with it. He's still quite competent and knowledgeable, and it goes without saying that after Cheetolini, Biden would be a gift from the gods. His many decades of experience in Washington are what we need to recover from this unspeakable 4-year disaster.

by Anonymousreply 213June 30, 2020 5:37 PM

He also said, (Trump said he wanted to be a cheerleader about Covid), “the country doesn’t need a cheerleader Mr President, the country needs a President, Mr Present!”

by Anonymousreply 214June 30, 2020 5:37 PM

About would you debate: “I. Can. Hardly. Wait.”

by Anonymousreply 215June 30, 2020 5:39 PM

Niiiiice one by Joe quoted @R215.

by Anonymousreply 216June 30, 2020 5:39 PM

He actually sounds great. Intelligent, thoughtful, informed and articulate.

by Anonymousreply 217June 30, 2020 5:41 PM

What about removal of statues?

1. It’s the decision of universities to make (whether to remove them).

2. There’s a distinction between Confederate monuments and statues of Presidents that owned slaves. They had much broader views, they don’t just represent slavery alone (like Jefferson, etc).

by Anonymousreply 218June 30, 2020 5:42 PM

45 isn't going to debate Biden.

by Anonymousreply 219June 30, 2020 5:42 PM

Says he will do more Q & As.

What will you do to Putin?

I can’t say. But the idea a foreign leader can attempt to attempt an election with no consequences is not going to happen with me. We will go to UN.

Re Supreme Court. Will you release a list?

We’re putting together a list of qualified AA women. Won’t release list. Latino women, Asian etc.

by Anonymousreply 220June 30, 2020 5:46 PM

If Russian story is untrue, is Trump unfit?

Criteria for VP?

Obama picked him for foreign policy experience. You pick for your weak points. He’s considering women with national security and defense issues experience, leadership qualities, ready on day one.

About Russia, he said that would be in the briefings, he knows from experience. Dereliction of duty not to inform President, he thinks Repubs are in agreement too.

by Anonymousreply 221June 30, 2020 5:50 PM

#BidenBringsIt Go, Joe!

by Anonymousreply 222June 30, 2020 5:50 PM

Susan Rice will be VP and eventually POTUS.

by Anonymousreply 223June 30, 2020 5:51 PM

Mask wearing politicized, how will you get everyone in same page?

Lower the rhetoric based on division. Stop appealing to less healthy side of society. Don’t do things like retweet guy screaming white power.

by Anonymousreply 224June 30, 2020 5:52 PM

We need to appeal to better side of human nature. Calls it patriotism, responsibility. Trump puts everything in terms of him. It’s not about I it’s about us. Changing the tone, allowing scientists to speak, admitting g mistakes. Changes the atmosphere. The words of a President matter, no matter how irresponsible or responsible. It really matters. It’s about the tone. We have to do that or we can’t function.

74-75% say we should wear a mask. Make people feel guilty not to. Appeal to our better angels. You can take it home to your family. It’s a moral obligation.

by Anonymousreply 225June 30, 2020 5:56 PM

About monuments taken down. Understands why people are mad. Always better to do it peacefully (not tear them down). Elected officials have a responsibility, put them in museums not public spaces. Don’t be surprised if someone pulls down Jeff Davis.

Will you do 3 debates? Yes.

Will agree with debate moderates as set up.

by Anonymousreply 226June 30, 2020 5:58 PM

Are you tested for cognitive decline?

Yes.

I can hardly wait to compare my cognitive capability with Trump’s.

by Anonymousreply 227June 30, 2020 5:59 PM

[quote] allowing scientists to speak

Unless those scientists say something like only women have the potential to menstruate

by Anonymousreply 228June 30, 2020 6:07 PM

CNN is summarizing. Video clip:

Says Trump is waving white flag on Coronavirus. We can’t continue with half with a plan, half hoping for the best. Half wearing mask, half not, half recovering, half not.

by Anonymousreply 229June 30, 2020 6:08 PM

Mentioned families of military hearing about Russia story, says Beau served, he feels bad for military families, said it was dereliction of duty, a betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 230June 30, 2020 6:10 PM

I wondered if he is considering Sally Yates, he mentioned national security being an issue. He will name someone slightly before convention.

by Anonymousreply 231June 30, 2020 6:12 PM

DAMN i would Love Susan Rice as VP. My second choice Tammy Duckworth.

by Anonymousreply 232June 30, 2020 6:14 PM

Yates, Rice or Duckworth? YES, YES, YES!

by Anonymousreply 233June 30, 2020 6:18 PM

Joe’s stammer is a bit worse that earlier years, it seems to me, but it could be because he’s running for President, not VP, and he’s the one in front. I had a boss with a stammer, he was very modest and quiet, because he was so self conscious. Joe has balls. It takes a lot to get up and struggle for words in front of people. They try to rush you and get impatient. I saw that a lot with my boss.

But he talks common sense in a plain way people understand. Bill Clinton had that quality too.

by Anonymousreply 234June 30, 2020 6:19 PM

I would rather a president with an occasional stutter than one who flubs or creates words from either pure stupidity or a drug-induced haze. I would rather an occasional presidental 'gaffe' than speech after speech and remark after remark filled with racist, sexist, homophobic, misogynistic and abusive language.

by Anonymousreply 235June 30, 2020 6:28 PM

Oprah inflicted losers like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz on the American public. For that alone, she needs to be removed from the discussion (in addition to the other stuff about foreign policy, economics, etc).

by Anonymousreply 236June 30, 2020 9:41 PM

(R223) Rice would be a liability. Those people in Libya were just peaceful protestors...yeah right.

by Anonymousreply 237June 30, 2020 9:49 PM

Rice has a good-looking very tall husband. I was surprised. Two cute kids too. I've always found her unlikable but obviously smart. She's obviously highly competent and with great expertise and will probably be Sec of State or National Sec Advisor.

I love Sally Yates. I agree with the Duckworth or Yates poster above. Those would be my faves.

by Anonymousreply 238July 1, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote]She's obviously highly competent and with great expertise and will probably be Sec of State or National Sec Advisor.

Yes, those two offices are where Rice belongs. On a Presidential ticket? No.

by Anonymousreply 239July 1, 2020 9:21 PM

I think I heard something about Susan Rice's son being an alt-right douchebag. Any DL'ers know the deets?

by Anonymousreply 240July 2, 2020 3:21 PM

John Rice-Cameron, Susan Rice's son, is/was President of the Stanford College Republicans. He is Trump-loving.

If Rice is selected as Biden's VP running mate, young John could pose a problem, depending if he is willing to let Republicans use him against the Democratic ticket.

This is a 2018 article from the WP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241July 2, 2020 3:47 PM

WHEN is this VP pick announced? Hopefully soon.

by Anonymousreply 242July 2, 2020 3:50 PM

Around August first they said.

I think this article is all wrong. Biden said in his most recent press conference they are into the hard vetting. The only interesting thing was he mentioned an Asian in the mix... so that's gotta be Duckworth.

If there's any truth to this I think it's that there's a dark horse in the form of Susan Rice. Yes, much mentioned, but not on the radar of anybody except the chattering classes so she'd be a surprising contrast pick compared to the elected profiles of Harris, Warren or anybody in office at present.

by Anonymousreply 243July 2, 2020 3:56 PM

Susan Rice must be a very serious VP prospect for Biden.

Miss Lindsey is attacking her today again with the old Benghazi accusations.

Miss Lindsey says nothing about Putin paying the Taliban to kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan; yet for decades, she has portrayed herself as the hawkish great supporter of U.S. troops and an expert on the military. Lindz is such a two-faced coward and an unrelenting Trump sycophant.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 2, 2020 4:54 PM

Susan Rice's son. Just graduated from Stanford. Will Trump hire him?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245July 2, 2020 6:03 PM

Susan Rice would be a terrible choice and open him up to constant attacks up until the election. She's boring, and not a favorite of black voters, so it's not like she brings anything to the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 246July 2, 2020 6:48 PM

^, yes, Kamalastan.

by Anonymousreply 247July 2, 2020 6:54 PM

Rice was on the attack last night on CNN.

by Anonymousreply 248July 2, 2020 6:55 PM

I don't understand how this is or can be a blind. A blind is a gossip item that carries with it the inability (fear?) to name names because using them can get one sued. As in, you're hiding behind the blinds. (Maybe? Etymologists, please weigh in!) This is a prediction, not a blind. And politics don't count because politics don't count.

by Anonymousreply 249July 2, 2020 6:56 PM

Start learning more about Sally Yates and start telling everybody you know that she's the best pick.

by Anonymousreply 250July 2, 2020 8:28 PM

I just got an interesting fundraiser from some Pac (Traindemocrats.org or something) (you get them 10 times a day, I know) asking if I preferred Warren to Abrams, only those two. I usually skip those but I really think this is the bottom line--not necessarily whether it's actually about those two candidates specifically--but do Dems want a progressive, well known candidate or an African-American? I picked Warren because I like her a lot even though I think she has a lot of doubters, but I think she's more electable than Abrams (whom I've also always liked too and gave some money to when she ran for governor). And then they asked--which is more important to you--policy or electability. I said electability because in that case, Warren is I think more electable (she still has a lot of fans).

Anyway, my current faves are 1) Yates, 2) Duckworth, 3) Warren, 4) Abrams, 5) Whitmer. I don't like Kamala (I'm from CA and I read a lot of negative stuff about her as DA and AG, plus I don't think she is very good except in ticking the right boxes by virtue of her race and her former profession. I don't know enough about Whitmer but she's doing a good job in Michigan re the virus and she's young and attractive. I hope they pick Yates if she's willing. She is the Trump antithesis in human form--complete integrity and nobility of character.

by Anonymousreply 251July 2, 2020 10:39 PM

I think I read yesterday that the VP pick will be announced later in August, rather than August 1. Dragging out the suspense...

by Anonymousreply 252July 2, 2020 10:42 PM

Or they've found something.

by Anonymousreply 253July 2, 2020 10:44 PM

Yates reminds me of the prosecutor on that Cold Case show.

by Anonymousreply 254July 2, 2020 10:47 PM

Some of the names on the list are quite shallow in experience and other qualifying factors. Above anything else, the VP needs to be able to do the job of President at a moment's notice.

by Anonymousreply 255July 2, 2020 11:27 PM

Everyone was saying that Amy Klobuchar's drunk father and her obvious Daddy issues were going to be hugely problematic and disqualifying, but now Susan Rice and her Trump-loving son are A-OK with everybody? Sorry, but Rice is MESSY.

by Anonymousreply 256July 3, 2020 2:22 PM

All have baggage. Pick the best qualified that can handle it.

by Anonymousreply 257July 3, 2020 9:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!