Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Being Childfree is A PRIVILEGE, Whines TechBro

40 year old techbro Isaac Schlueter went on a middle of the night 30-tweet rant about how those of who avoid crotchfruit are truly privileged and should bow to poor poor parents. His kid is going to hate him.

Highlights: Not having children is a form of privilege, and it's one we don't talk about nearly enough.

Yes, raising a kid is, on balance, wonderful and rewarding. I wouldn't give it up for the world. But also, parents bear huge costs, and the ongoing survival of civilization as we know it literally depends on them continuing to do that grueling job.

parents bear a burden that is largely invisible to non-parents, who have the luxury of being oblivious to the lack of that burden.

"What, so, because I don't have kids I have to work harder while they get a pass for missing meetings? How is that fair?"

Because in 50 years, when you need people to tend to you, and food to eat, and a functioning society to support you, these are the people making that happen.

I'm not complaining about being a parent. The fact that I get to witness this little person becoming who they are, bit by bit and day by day, its like the most trite cliche thing you can say, but it really is amazing. Words can't do it justice.

But amazing as it is, it's not EASY, and the not-easy-ness of it is literally unlike anything else. Parenting is the pinnacle of human experience, in so many ways.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 4, 2020 6:56 AM

"I'm not whining!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 27, 2020 2:34 AM

Someone regrets his choice to have a kid and won't admit it.

by Anonymousreply 2June 27, 2020 2:35 AM

If only... condoms existed.

by Anonymousreply 3June 27, 2020 2:37 AM

The Earth is overrun with humanity. Being childfree is being responsible for a better, cleaner, more peaceful world.

by Anonymousreply 4June 27, 2020 2:39 AM

MARY!

Are parents some poor victimized minority now? Most people have kids, being a parent doesn't make you special.

by Anonymousreply 5June 27, 2020 2:40 AM

Where is his dick pic?

by Anonymousreply 6June 27, 2020 2:40 AM

On the plus side, my dogs will never read a Twitter manifesto about how much I hate having dogs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 27, 2020 2:41 AM

It’s insanely expensive to have a child, so to claim that all parents are disadvantaged is crazy.

by Anonymousreply 8June 27, 2020 2:41 AM

He's one of those upper middle class suburban couples who have a fuckload of kids in quick succession, like its 1890 little house on the prairie and they need a bunch of brats to help with the farm. A lot of these perpetually stressed out suburbanites would be less overwhelmed if they had one or 2. Or none at all. But their narcissism demands a large family

by Anonymousreply 9June 27, 2020 2:42 AM

I’ve never regretted my decision not to have kids. I despise most families I encounter.

by Anonymousreply 10June 27, 2020 2:43 AM

The reason most kids exist is because their parents were horny and too lazy (or drunk) to practice a method of birth control. Then there are people like my mom who are codependent and wanted an excuse to avoid working a job, and wanted someone to take care of her. (That became my job when I was about 22.)

I know it must be rewarding to watch a tiny person learn to walk, talk, etc. But if my cat meows for more than two minutes, I feel like flying into a rage. I can't imagine dealing with a screaming baby or a tantruming toddler. Unless your child has special needs, stop your complaining, and go back to posting pics of your kids on your social media.

by Anonymousreply 11June 27, 2020 2:46 AM

"Because of the pandemic, I can't pay other people to spend time with my kid. I hate it."

Only needed one tweet, dude.

by Anonymousreply 12June 27, 2020 2:46 AM

Why do people feel that they need to broadcast every brain fart to the world?

It only backfires in your face. Couldn't he have phoned a friend to discuss? And the friend would let him ramble on and then tell him he's nuts?

Or was this a group discussion with his wife? I can't tell. He's just pissed he has to actually raise his children without nannys and babysitters.

It's below him. That much is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 13June 27, 2020 2:47 AM

This is the kind of shit they all start saying when the realization hits that they made a mistake and were happier without kids.

by Anonymousreply 14June 27, 2020 2:47 AM

If everyone stopped having kids I would greatly appreciate it. Lessens the chance that I’ll be reincarnated on this shithole planet again.

by Anonymousreply 15June 27, 2020 2:47 AM

Not having kids I can pat myself on the back for having a much smaller carbon footprint on Earth. Think of all the trash and pollution your generations of ancestors would create in the coming centuries. He should be thanking those who don’t have kids...

by Anonymousreply 16June 27, 2020 2:51 AM

True privilege is the Olive Garden's Family Style ToGo Meal Bundle, strictly off-limits to barren single folk.

by Anonymousreply 17June 27, 2020 2:52 AM

Unlike other privileges, the "privilege" of not having kids is readily available to all.

by Anonymousreply 18June 27, 2020 2:53 AM

R18 Very true.

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2020 2:56 AM

Issac had a choice to keep his dick in his pants and since he didn’t, gotta blame someone else. Being childless is awesome, good for the planet and even better for the pocketbook. I just spent several grand on a cool bike, EAT IT ISSAC! Enjoy your debt and responsibilities. I’ve got a bike to break in. What a fucking maroon. If his type is responsible for the continuation of the human race, sayonara ....

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2020 2:57 AM

R19 but where are you from???

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2020 2:58 AM

I'm honestly flabbergasted. I would never expect to hear such a rant from a straight guy.

Being a parent - there are positives and negatives

Not having kids - there are positives and negatives.

Jesus Christ, deal with it. Children and marriage/being in a relationship - people are obsessed with their status in those regards and apparently need the entire world to get on board with their choice.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2020 3:01 AM

My uncle was married three times. He's in his late 60s, and he has two daughters (in their 30s and 40s) who still call him with crises that require him to send money. He can't say no, because his grandkids are involved. He's never going to be able to retire.

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2020 3:04 AM

I worked with some great women who were completely and hilariously honest about having raised bad seeds and regretting it. Much preferable to this angsty HuffPost baloney...

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2020 3:08 AM

Does this guy have no self-awareness whatsoever?

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2020 3:14 AM

Most childless people I know look younger than their true age. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2020 3:16 AM

Another pretentious asshole. I feel sorry for his kid who has to grow up with such a whiny cunt for a father.

by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2020 3:18 AM

I see he’s set his Twitter to private now.

by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2020 3:24 AM

Unless I end up in love with a man who REALLY wants kids...childfree is the way to be!

by Anonymousreply 29June 27, 2020 3:27 AM

"Being childfree is being responsible for a better, cleaner, more peaceful world."

If your parents had been "childfree" then you wouldn't exist. I don't have kids myself, but some of you are coming across as cunty. Especially people who refer to children as "crotchfruit" - you're someone's "crotchfruit"

We all are

by Anonymousreply 30June 27, 2020 3:28 AM

It’s not as if we’re suffering from a people shortage on this planet.

Stop pumping out kids.

by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2020 3:29 AM

I could see having some once I'm settled into a point in my career that I'm really happy with my work, and I have all my personal relationships settled. But, by then, I'll be too tired and lower in patience, and what kid wants to grow up with a parent who's constantly mistaken for their grandparent.

This world isn't such a great place. If I wanted to raise a kid that bad, I'd rather find one who's already stuck here on this planet rather than create another human being.

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2020 3:30 AM

R30 here's a better one...having kids is keeping cum as a pet.

It's a joke, not a dick, don't take it so hard.

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2020 3:30 AM

Why do I get the feeling this fucktard gets up every morning and repeats to himself “I love being a parent” as affirmation of his regretful decision to become cum inside a vagina?

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2020 3:31 AM

^^^ meant to say cum inside a vagina

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2020 3:32 AM

"The reason most kids exist is because their parents were horny and too lazy (or drunk) to practice a method of birth control."

No, believe it or not many people want to have kids and intended to have them. Some of you need to get out more.

"Issac had a choice to keep his dick in his pants and since he didn’t, gotta blame someone else."

Huh? Did I miss something? It sounds like he's a family man who chose to have kids, not someone who unintentionally knocked up a woman

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2020 3:32 AM

[quote]I see he’s set his Twitter to private now.

He should’ve done that with his vas deferens.

by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2020 3:35 AM

four words for so many people to consider: "Shut yer goddamn mouths"

by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2020 3:35 AM

The internet never forget. Presented for the CRINGE of Datalounge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2020 3:38 AM

"I hate my daughter"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2020 3:41 AM

To be fair, guys named Issac are bound to have parenting issues.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 27, 2020 3:48 AM

Bearing children and rearing children are choices, not moral obligations. Isaac tried and failed to repackage rotting religious mandates as hipster pseudo-philosophies, and he's fucking furious that his evaporating entitlements are not precious to all.

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2020 4:24 AM

All you anti-children people, put your convictions in action and tell the fucking 3rd world and the Chinese about it. Westerners are already below replacement in most countries.

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2020 4:33 AM

His choice to have kids, no need to take it out on those who dodged that bullet.

by Anonymousreply 44June 27, 2020 4:34 AM

On the other hand, we need someone to pay into the social security ponzi scheme in the next 40 years, so the straights need to keep cranking out kids.

by Anonymousreply 45June 27, 2020 4:40 AM

No-baby privilege.

The last-resort argument of the incel.

"Don't make me look like racist, baby. Pleaaaaassssse."

by Anonymousreply 46June 27, 2020 4:58 AM

DEFINITELY what R4 said. That's why I skipped fatherhood - not egomaniacal enough to "require" replicants. Something tells me the world will keep right on turning, even if my DNA is no longer out there.

by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2020 5:16 AM

"parents bear a burden that is largely invisible to non-parents, who have the luxury of being oblivious to the lack of that burden. "

Yeah, it's a burden, but one that's voluntarily assumed.

I used to have a college professor who had five kids, and who at least once per lecture day, would go on a rant about how society ought to do more to support parents. And every single fucking time, I'd think "Don't ask society in general! Ask the people who encouraged you to have all those kids! Oh wait, nobody did, therefore if you're unhappy with your life it's nobody's fault but your own". Of course I didn't say that out loud, because I wanted good grades, but I'll say it again now because I haven't changed my mind about people like that.

by Anonymousreply 48June 27, 2020 5:29 AM

[quote]put your convictions in action and tell the fucking 3rd world and the Chinese about it.

As any international organisation will be very quick to point out, it is racist to impose one's cultural and moral values on others.

by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2020 5:37 AM

I guess R43's education was a little.... parochial

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2020 5:39 AM

People don't put enough thought into having kids before they have them. Try and get an extended babysitting gig first, at least. This guy clearly wants someone else to do the drudgery while he is there for the Kodak moments.

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2020 5:43 AM

Fuck civilization.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2020 5:45 AM

Isaac the Frau

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2020 5:47 AM

Is his wife asian?

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2020 5:53 AM

Isn't part of the reason progressives argue for abortion is because people *do* recognise how much of a burden children are and so believe that no-one should be forced into parenthood?

There are lots of difficult and time-consuming, but rewarding, things I could *choose* to do with my time that also makes society better - volunteering, doing a socially useful job, creating a great work of art..... all at least as vital to the future of the species as another two average white kids?

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2020 5:53 AM

Isaac: "They walked over legos in the dark to tend to a screaming child while you were in your bed."

Me: Yes. And isn't it NICE! For me!

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2020 6:16 AM

How is the burden invisible? We've all BEEN kids. We know what we put our parents through.

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2020 6:18 AM

Society should support parents and it already does. Parents are also regarded as less selfish human beings by majority of people in society. So what more do parents want? They get tax breaks, accolades for having pooped out kids, and automatic assumption of being caring. Those who are parents want more $$$ and special support than they deserve over childless people.

Those who work in healthcare know how many times colleagues lord over their parental status in hopes of guilt tripping you to work extra holidays for them. Or they’ll use excuse of “sick” kids at home when it’s their kids” birthdays which they post it on FB. I once had a cunt colleague who wanted me to work her mother’s day because “your mom’s dead anyways you won’t have anything planned”. She knew it was my first mother’s day without my late mother.

So yeah it’s constant assumptions like that. Also many childless people take care of their elderly parents and relatives, so don’t assume that we don’t have responsibilities or aren’t caring people. I had to take unpaid leave to care for my mom when she was dying of cancer. While colleagues were allowed to take paid leaves to care for their sick children.

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2020 6:41 AM

r29 So your future path belongs to a man you haven't met yet?

by Anonymousreply 59June 27, 2020 7:15 AM

[quote]parents bear a burden that is largely invisible to non-parents

FALSE. The burden is very visible, and it is precisely the reason I chose not to become a parent.

by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2020 7:23 AM

[quote]The burden is very visible

And, generally speaking, very audible.

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2020 8:44 AM

I don’t buy the argument that we should celebrate all parents choosing to have children because otherwise we wouldn’t exist. I can celebrate my OWN parents for this. I also don’t mourn the nonexistence of the 10 plus siblings they could have created for me. Everyone has a limit on how many children they think is a good idea to create and some of us believe there should be less than others.

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2020 11:06 AM

I wonder what his wife thinks of all this? You just know she does 90% of the childcare.

by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2020 11:12 AM

R58 exactly! Can’t count how often I’ve had to work holidays because breeders come first. They get paid maternity/paternity leave for every kid, then bitch about how much they sacrifice. I drop my whole life to take care of my elderly mother and get nothing but a gap in my resume.

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2020 11:21 AM

[quote]Everyone has a limit on how many children they think is a good idea to create and some of us believe there should be less than others.

And some of us believe there should be fewer.

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2020 12:50 PM

Being fat is a privilege ---- Skinny people.

Being skinny is a privilege ----- Fatty McFattys

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2020 1:00 PM

Haha, so happy with my life choices!

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2020 1:25 PM

[quote] I'm honestly flabbergasted. I would never expect to hear such a rant from a straight guy.

From the looks of him, this guy is maybe two steps away from transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 68June 27, 2020 1:34 PM

All this guy's whiney rant proves is that the concepts of personal responsibility & accountability are indeed dead.

by Anonymousreply 69June 27, 2020 1:36 PM

I honestly don't have a problem with kids and the whole identity of parenting- I have nieces and nephews, friends and associates with kids - the opportunity to spend considerable time with kids and observe them and their parents. Though the message is drilled to death, I don't disagree that the experience is actually amazing and rewarding and "deep", even if it is a huge burden and can cause moments of extreme doubt and stress.

But, like has been said a million times - it's a choice; a very clear choice. It can be avoided - and just as importantly, it can be mitigated. If you have one, you don't have to have two. If you have three, you don't have to have five.

by Anonymousreply 70June 27, 2020 3:36 PM

R70 you don’t?

by Anonymousreply 71June 27, 2020 3:45 PM

Did anyone save the original rant? I tried, and can't view the OP's link, it now has "limited access".

by Anonymousreply 72June 27, 2020 4:39 PM

R72 it’s literally posted up-thread as an IMGUR link

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2020 4:40 PM

Who asked this spindly little bitch to procreate in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 74June 27, 2020 4:48 PM

CHUCK IT DOWN THE PAN!

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2020 4:52 PM

Now, that's a MAN!

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2020 5:06 PM

"I wonder what his wife thinks of all this? You just know she does 90% of the childcare. "

Yup, he mentions that his wife has put her career "on infinite hold". And since he's whining about his "support system" being cut off by the pandemic, I'm guessing 99% of the rest of the childcare is done by the day care workers he mentions, and the grandparents.

But of course, he society and his employers ought to be supporting HIM, and not expecting him to show up for meetings. They have child-free people for that.

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2020 5:16 PM

But this spoiled Techdouche is right about one thing - people who claim that their pets are "like their children" are annoying and idiotic.

And I say that as an animal person who's always had pets and hated children, and who's always been annoyed by people who suggest that my darlings are "like your babies". They're NOT like human babies or children, they're animals, and the relationship between animal and human is completely different than a relationship between a parent and child. I'm not trying to mold my pet into anything, projecting unrealistic expectations onto them, or acting like a complete phony around them because I'm trying to look like a perfect parent... me and my animals are just being ourselves and enjoying each other as we are. And that's why I like animals, and never wanted children.

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2020 5:22 PM

Mansplaining birth control.

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2020 5:36 PM

I agree it’s annoying to act like one’s pets are their children but it’s still fun to tell people with kids who are always talking about their kids. “Oh your tired because your child had a friends birthday party this weekend? I feel you, my dog had a play date with the Terrier down the street...you know he is like my child right?”

by Anonymousreply 80June 27, 2020 5:37 PM

I wonder how many kids this couple has. For some reason, straight couples always seem to turn into bitter dysfunctional assholes after having a 3rd baby. The ones who have just one child and maybe a 2nd one a few years later seem relatively sane and together. A third baby always seems to spell a descent into financial and mental problems for everyone .

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2020 7:55 PM

And the 3rd child is way more likely to be abused (usually neglect by parents, sometimes worse by older siblings) and is the most likely to grow up a dysfunctional mess as a result. Some do escape that cycle, fortunately.

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2020 9:41 PM

Kids suck.

"I use wire hangers on my kids, not my clothes."

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2020 10:26 PM

Having a kid is the dumbest thing a person can do. There is literally nothing about parenthood that looks appealing to me. And breeders are the most insufferable, entitled people on earth. No one has children for any reason other than their own vainglorious needs so spare me the lecture about raising the next generation of doctors, scientists, etc. You wanted a vile little copy of yourself and you got it. Now you want a fuckin medal too? Get fucked. Go sit in the corner and think about what you did. Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying my ample free time, flat stomach, uninterrupted sleep, and oodles of disposable cash.

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2020 11:16 PM

The tweet has been deleted.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2020 11:22 PM

The frau's are triggered on here

by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2020 11:52 PM

Some people get a ridiculous sense of entitlement once they have children.

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote]he mentions that his wife has put her career "on infinite hold"

Isn't he a millionaire who works from home now that GitHub bought his company? Why would she have to put her career on hold?

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote]If your parents had been "childfree" then you wouldn't exist.

I wish.

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2020 5:48 AM

R88 because he can't pay other people to handle the drudgery during the shutdown.

He has to do all the parenting, not just the fun bits.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2020 6:01 AM

"I wonder how many kids this couple has."

I think it's just one, he mentions "daughter" several times, not "kids" or "daughters", or "son", or "sons". IMHO what's happening here is that he's been working at home during the pandemic, and he can't go to the office to get away from the kid or offload her onto daycare, and he's suddenly realized that parenting is actually (GASP) 24/7!!! And that at least 22 of those hours involve noise, stress, and distraction! Which he hadn't realized before this, because his wife and the daycare people were doing all the childcare!

Which is typical of straight couples. I really wonder why there aren't more young widows among them.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2020 7:12 AM

So he's complaining about what women have been enduring since forever? It finally affects him and he's falling apart. Oh the humanity.

by Anonymousreply 92June 28, 2020 8:47 AM

I'm happy that he is speaking out. This topic used to be so taboo. Back in the day you would be shunned for even hinting at not totally loving being a parent. In our current climate of radical honesty and oversharing, more and more people have been opening up about the suckagge of parenthood. I hope breeders continue to be emboldened and speak out. Perhaps our overpopulation problem will be solved.

by Anonymousreply 93June 28, 2020 10:15 AM

Bite your tongue, R93!!

by Anonymousreply 94June 28, 2020 1:50 PM

[quote] My uncle was married three times. He's in his late 60s, and he has two daughters (in their 30s and 40s) who still call him with crises that require him to send money. He can't say no, because his grandkids are involved. He's never going to be able to retire.

He probably spoiled them when they were kids, and now they are used to it. My cousins are the same way. My uncle is in his 70's and raising his grandkids full-time because his daughter and son-in-law can't be bothered.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2020 2:25 PM

I guess it's a privilege if you go around fucking chicks without a condom willy-nilly without expecting to have to be responsible for the kids that might result from that... especially if you have to marry one of those chicks.

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2020 2:31 PM

Also explains why there are so many single moms. The baby daddy can’t handle being a father, and off he goes. As for all who posted in support of being childless, I would like to buy you all a drink. I have plenty of disposable cash available. Children are a sexually transmitted disease that becomes an anchor around parents for at least 18 years. No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2020 2:47 PM

Don't listen to techbros. They are stunted undersocialized nerds who know nothing besides tech. They are products of a glorified trade school or polytechnic.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2020 3:01 PM

I agree with R97 but also include those who sacrifice to adopt other people’s children—you are saints in my book.

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Those who say they're worried that there will not being enough people around to support future generations always mean that they're worried that there won't be enough American white people around to support future generations.

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2020 3:23 PM

The real taboo is how many people admit privately that they regretted having kids. I’m talking about people across all socioeconomic levels, people admit to this during therapy. I have a colleague who has 2 young kids, she and her husband make over $350K a year, own a nice home in SF. She’s constantly miserable and frazzled at home, she says her only respite is coming to work because she doesn’t have to deal with her kids. Particularly her kindergarten age daughter, who been seeing child psychologists since age 3. They’re now diagnosed the girl with oppositional defiance disorder plus psychopathic traits. At age 5. She’s already been kicked out of one public school for being violent against teachers. Now they’re worried about her possibly turning violent against their other kid. You can tell she absolutely regrets having the daughter. Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2020 3:45 PM

Having children is the ultimate crapshoot. No matter what you do it can always blow up in your face. What I don't get is people who are surprised when it isn't all a rose garden. There is no guarantee and people are clueless enough to express genuine confusion when it isn't the fairy tale they thought it would be. It's like Denise Richards marrying Charlie Shee, no one can say she didn't know what could happen. Maybe he needs to just "man up" and actively participate in raising his child, like women have been doing for centuries. In other words "Quit your bitchin".

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] All you anti-children people, put your convictions in action and tell the fucking 3rd world and the Chinese about it. Westerners are already below replacement in most countries.

Actually China’s population has already started a decline that is set to accelerate dramatically this decade, and there’s nothing the government can do to stop that.

Earth’s human population will peak in about a decade then start to decline. In 2100 there will be fewer people than there were in 2000.

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2020 7:24 PM

40 something year old gay guy here with a college degree. I work full time, cook, clean, do laundry, take out the trash, etc... I don't get thousands of dollars in tax breaks for having kids or being married. Apparently I have some other "half" of myself that deserves a separate salary, alimony, child support payments and what not.

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2020 7:56 PM

Sitting at home all day while your DH is at work, and your kids are off at school/daycare, is not a "full time job".

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2020 7:59 PM

R103 the reason that the world's population is forecast to decline is economic development. Apparently when people (especially women) become educated and affluent, acquire skills and varied life experience, and thus more freedom and agency, they choose to have fewer kids. Funny that.

by Anonymousreply 106June 30, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote]She’s already been kicked out of one public school for being violent against teachers. Now they’re worried about her possibly turning violent against their other kid. You can tell she absolutely regrets having the daughter. Very sad.

Hmm. Sounds like it's time for a car parked in a remote spot on a hot day for hours ...

"It even happens to good parents!"

by Anonymousreply 107June 30, 2020 6:17 AM

R101 Yikes. Was little Rhoda Penmark adopted? If a bio child, does either parent have psychopathic traits?

by Anonymousreply 108June 30, 2020 6:29 AM

[quote]Hmm. Sounds like it's time for a car parked in a remote spot on a hot day for hours ...

Or a basement window left unlocked on Christmas night....

by Anonymousreply 109June 30, 2020 4:56 PM

It is a well-earned privilege I revel in!

by Anonymousreply 110June 30, 2020 6:30 PM

Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 111June 30, 2020 6:39 PM

He's right, it is a privilege, but not one I'm ashamed of.

by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2020 7:48 PM

Of course, the REAL privilege is being able to choose whether or not to have children. That's not a choice available to billions of humans who are of reproductive age now, and which wasn't available to the overwhelming majority of humans who've ever existed.

If a person chooses to reproduce now, of their own free will, I don't feel sorry for them if they don't like it.

by Anonymousreply 113July 1, 2020 4:18 AM

Hot car kids are called “Lil’ Sizzlers”

by Anonymousreply 114July 1, 2020 4:27 AM

Kids are HARD!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115July 3, 2020 3:57 AM

CONSCIOUSLY choosing to have multiple children in 2020 is stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 116July 3, 2020 3:58 AM

[quote]Issac had a choice to keep his dick in his pants

He didn't even have to do that. All he had to do was tell his wife to roll over that it was going to be a backdoor night.

by Anonymousreply 117July 3, 2020 4:08 AM

The planet is dying...there is NO FUTURE!!!

It's cruel to bring kids into this environment...

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2020 4:17 AM

Some people need to breed to keep the human population going. But the smart ones don't have kids.

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2020 4:32 AM

I don’t know about the us but I’m Canada parents receive all sorts of tax breaks and monthly payments. You chose to have kids live with the consequences

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2020 4:32 AM

R114 I've often wondered about those hot car kid fatalities. I can see it happening by accident when the parents are dazed out methheads but there's been a couple of cases where it happened with educated, well off parents. Did they really and truly forget?

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2020 4:45 AM

Oh, I believe that well-off, educated parents can just forget their child in a car on a hot day.

After all, to some of these people, their perfectly groomed child is just another lifestyle accessory, like the latest iPhone. And people forget their iphones now and then, don't they?

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2020 4:55 AM

[quote]My uncle was married three times. He's in his late 60s, and he has two daughters (in their 30s and 40s) who still call him with crises that require him to send money. He can't say no, because his grandkids are involved. He's never going to be able to retire.

My aunt was in a sort of similar situation. She was married twice. She had two kids with her first husband and one with her second husband. Her daughter from her first marriage constantly had money issues and was always hitting up my aunt for money. This started after my aunt had retired and her daughter got divorced. The daughter's ex husband paid child support and alimony. But, my moron cousin couldn't manage money well and was also asking for help with rent, groceries, school supplies, haircuts for sons, and a bunch of other things.

The reasons my aunt didn't go broke was due to her second husband being a retired airline pilot with good retirement income and money he inherited years before from his grandfather and father. My aunt's husband was very kind, but he did say that dealing with my piece of shit cousin made him realize that sometimes you're better off not helping certain people with money. He and my aunt said they once offered to take my cousin and her kids grocery shopping. My cousin refused and wanted them to give her cash. They gave her the cash because they didn't want the kids to go hungry.

by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2020 4:56 AM

Think of all the hot babes he could pick up with his studly good looks if he weren't burdened by children!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2020 5:17 AM

My neighbor is already in her late 20s and her parents are still paying her rent and who knows what else...

by Anonymousreply 125July 3, 2020 5:35 AM

This is such a crock of shit. I agree with everyone that being child free is amazing, it really does keep you young if you take care of yourself, and it can stop cycles of abuse that have lasted generations in its tracks. However, Fraus especially think that because they have kids, single people with no children have no lives. They call out sick for the kids, or have to be at a kids soccer match, always needing to leave early. Since they are the majority, they are the privileged ones, if we are even seriously using that term.

by Anonymousreply 126July 3, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote]But amazing as it is, it's not EASY, and the not-easy-ness of it is literally unlike anything else.

It's funny when men state things like it's some new, groundbreaking idea, just because THEY'VE suddenly experienced it.

Surely moms from the past decades could have told him this?

by Anonymousreply 127July 3, 2020 6:27 AM

R127 I assume you meant to write millennia

by Anonymousreply 128July 3, 2020 6:30 AM

^^ I started out with that, but then realized they couldn't have talked to him. And there were much fewer female writers throughout history, compared to males, and those that could afford to write could also afford to hire governesses and such ... so it's not exactly comparable to being a modern day parent.

So I just put "decades", which by a stretch could include the 20th Century.

by Anonymousreply 129July 3, 2020 6:36 AM

R129 that's fair

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2020 7:09 AM

R124 Yikes. He’s atrocious. I bet his dick is lengthy, though. Probably shoots killer loads, too. I wouldn’t say no. He is hideous, though.

Sorry, what were we talking about?

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2020 7:24 AM

R124 🤔: ‘I wish I could go back to gaming 15 hrs a day, my skills are as dead as my penis. Maybe I can guilt trip all those people who are making me their bitch in gameworld!’

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2020 7:45 AM

Since he deleted his tweets, is there anywhere to still read them?

I don't know why I care, but I kind of do.

I just want to see the extent of the sickness!

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2020 7:49 AM

He didn't delete them, he locked his account. Tweets are saved at R39

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2020 7:52 AM

^^ thanks!

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2020 7:59 AM

He tweets:

[quote]So one group has to work harder than another for the same result, and society is structured in such a way as to reward one group [non parents] to the disadvantage of another [parents]

There was a time not THAT long ago when women were commonly fired as soon as they got married, because it was thought their minds would be on their families...which it was of course presumed they'd start having.

Aside from that, which is illegal now (and only applied to women), I'm not seeing how society "rewards" people who don't have kids.

[quote]Non parents benefit from the existence of parents and children, and they don't face (and have the luxury of being oblivious to) the challenges that parenting imposes, so they also benefit simply by not facing those same hidden challenges.

How are they "hidden" challenges when parents won't shut up about them?

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2020 8:23 AM

I worked for a large, very well known company. Parents were given free reign to come and go as they pleased. The work had to be made up by those who didn't have child commitments. Before I resigned, I had several conversations about it, but it all fell on deaf ears because everyone who I had the discussion with also had children. The answer always was: your hard work will be reflected in your end of year review and bonus. However, since all of that was confidential, we who were childless never knew whether we were being rewarded for the extra work or whether the managers were thinking, "Oh, this employee needs money because they have children."

It was completely unfair because employees with parents were always rewarded with getting the best vacation slots. If you were a parent and wanted the week off between Christmas and New Year, you got it and it was left to the childless to come in and work that time. Same with Summer. "Oh, this employee has taken two weeks off because they're going to Disneyworld. Sorry, we'll need you to work then."

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2020 2:29 PM

I worked in advertising many years ago. Many executives were single females without children and many male executives were married with children. No matter how incompetent, they rarely fired a married male executive because well he had a non-working wife, a mortgage and kids. But it's the same deal: the "marrieds with children" do seem to get an extra benefit, whether male or female.

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2020 3:48 PM

Breeders are the worst!

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2020 3:59 PM

R136 everyone has BEEN a child. We all saw what our parents went through. That's why I don't want kids.

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2020 5:57 PM

Please, the whole world caters to breeders and their spawn. Susan gets to leave early because her kid has an event - can you fill in for her? Tom will be out today because his crotchfruit is sick - we need you to help pick up the slack. Mark gets the promotion because he has a family to support.

Here's a tax credit! Everyone at work has to buy you a gift because you reproduced, as if that is some accomplishment that millions of people don't do every day! Have 12 weeks off work!

No kids? You can pick up the slack. You don't have anything going on in your life. When are you going to settle down and get married and have kids?

Fuck this guy and his whiney bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2020 10:43 PM

"We all saw what our parents went through. That's why I don't want kids. "

Yeah, I was in grade school when I realized my parents didn't like being parents and didn't like their actual kids, and any possibility of having kids myself ended right there.

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2020 10:49 PM

My mom always encouraged us to not have kids or do it in our thirties after living a full life. She always said she didn’t regret having us and was always a loving mother but she was a single parent for most of my life and it was hard. She never whined or resented childless people And expected special treatment. This guy is a little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2020 11:00 PM

[quote]After all, to some of these people, their perfectly groomed child is just another lifestyle accessory, like the latest iPhone. And people forget their iphones now and then, don't they?

Yes, but today's parents wouldn't go five minutes without realizing they left their iPhone in the car.

I find it hilarious that one of the "tips" to ensure you don't turn your child into a Cathy Mitchell X-Press Redi-Set-Go in the back seat is that parents should put a briefcase or purse back there so they'll remember.

You know ... something IMPORTANT.

by Anonymousreply 144July 4, 2020 6:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!