Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss Coco Peru!

I love her. Her talent is making the mundane interesting. Is she the best drag queen on YouTube?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206March 21, 2022 12:21 PM

YES. I love her videos. My favorite is the one where she plays Grand Theft Auto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 26, 2020 4:41 AM

I like her because she isn't completely OTT. You get that it is a drag act, but not a DRAG act. Has anyone ever seen her out of drag, I've been dying to see a pic.

by Anonymousreply 2June 26, 2020 5:00 AM

She did a cold open of the original Will & Grace where she transformed into the Miss Coco drag and you saw what he looked like. Episode "Moveable Feast" from season 4, episode 9.

Not the best quality. Clinton/Coco first appears around 1:09

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 26, 2020 5:19 AM

This video has a picture of Coco (real name: Clinton Leupp) out of drag when he was in his 20s. He was very cute. He's second from the left in the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 26, 2020 5:23 AM

R3 Thanks, not a bad looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 5June 26, 2020 5:24 AM

The Grand Theft Auto vid is hysterical.

I love the vids where Coco drives around LA and visits various retail outlets like Costco, Target and Walgreens. So true that he makes the mundane funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2020 5:29 AM

Drag queens in general irritate the hell out of me, but not Coco! I actually forget that she is a drag queen while listening in complete rapture, and she always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2020 6:30 AM

The panettone videos are my favourite. Wholly agree that it's unacceptable to pay more than $6 for a panettone.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2020 7:29 AM

The video that R4 posted made me cry. Coco is telling the story about her friend that she lost to AIDS and how he called her before he died. It's really sad.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2020 8:41 AM

Me too. I love Coco.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2020 8:49 AM

I give dime store panettone to people for Christmas because of her.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2020 8:51 AM

I like when she went to the thrift store and found Disney's Ariel. At 3'29":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2020 9:02 AM

Coco used to perform in NYC and LA back in the 90’s and I thought he was great. I met him in The Pines out of drag in the late 1990’s. I remember he had a small a limp from sort of minor but permanent disability with one leg.

I’d guess he’s in his mid 50’s by now.

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2020 11:33 AM

My favorite is the tour of the Farmers Market

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2020 11:39 AM

I know she will hate this but I loved her in Trick. Yes, I know it was a 100 years ago. But that's how I first found out about you. Plus, Andria.

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2020 11:48 AM

Coco also did an episode on Boy Meets Boy. She called out Andria I think at the time. Little did we know Mad TV would make a star out of Andria's antics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2020 12:04 PM

R8 Came to say this. When she said the word Panetonne it made me crack up every time.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2020 12:19 PM

^^^ don’t you want to watch her drinking tension tamer tea and eating panettone?

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2020 7:54 PM

Coco was in To Wong Foo

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2020 8:04 PM

I like that she acknowledges herself as a Drag Queen and not gender queer, trans, fluid or all the other amorphous labels.

Plus, as a Drag Queen she is not evil like so many of them now think that is what the public wants.

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2020 12:39 AM

That's why I like her too. She's not cutting and insulting like the vast majority. And she has words of wisdom!

by Anonymousreply 21June 27, 2020 3:48 AM

Coco is so much funnier than almost any other drag queen because she's not bitchy. She can be disgusted, or even angry, but she's not cruel nor diva-like. She just is who she is.

by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2020 4:00 AM

Love Coco in Girls Will Be Girls.

by Anonymousreply 23June 27, 2020 4:02 AM

I was raped.

by Anonymousreply 24June 27, 2020 4:18 AM

She's like that tough old broad on your street standing outside with a cigarette yelling at the kids for riding bikes in her driveway.

by Anonymousreply 25June 27, 2020 5:47 AM

I saw Coco perform several years ago, and she interrupted her act to call out the trans mafia for bullying her and other drag queens... pretty courageous of her to speak up. Sadly, I believe she was thinking of retiring because of it. Did she?

by Anonymousreply 26June 27, 2020 6:02 AM

She's made comments about retiring in her videos the last couple years. If you watch her video about searching for fake nails she mentions wanting to retire in a few years and hoping to find enough of the nails to last her that long. Never mentioned the trans thing, AFAIK, but until recently her video output was pretty sporadic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 27, 2020 7:07 AM

Coco is fucking everything. Nearly every day for weeks after quarantine hit, she did a YouTube series called Coco's Thoughts While in Solitude. It is so fun and cozy. I'm not even going to Mary! myself, as I usually do, but it got me through some dark shit when Rona came knocking, and I'm not ashamed. (OK, Mary!!!) Funny, informative, and hopeful.

You can find the playlist linked below. Now, every two weeks she is doing a streaming show called Casa Coco. You have to "buy" tickets, but they are free, and there is a chat window where you can gab with other fellow Coco Puffs and do a Q&A with her. It's a bit glitchy, but worth it.

If you love Coco, you will love the Solitude series. For newcomers be sure to also check out her older videos too on her YouTube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 27, 2020 7:30 AM

Thanks, R27. It seemed she fell off the radar!

by Anonymousreply 29June 27, 2020 7:38 AM

One of her guests on the most recent Casa Coco (there have only been 2, number 3 is in a couple of weeks), was Zachary Quinto *fans self*. He is only getting hotter as he gets older. Very intelligent and quick. They talked a bit about how she knew him when he was just starting out, and how proud she is to see his career take off. She is such a genuine soul.

I hope they figure out a way to rebroadcast these new shows she's doing so you can watch it at your leisure, Right now there is only one repeat and you have to "tune in" at a scheduled time. They need to change that format. It bothers me.

Here's her Twitter if you want to hear about upcoming events...oh god help us all, it's Bianca's birthday. There should be some good insults floating around drag Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 27, 2020 5:21 PM

It was surreal seeing her mounted atop a llama, drinking coconut juice, at Machu Picchu.

by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2020 5:25 PM

r31 I missed that! Was it one of the Solitude videos, or one of the Casa Coco shows?

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2020 5:31 PM

R32, I was just kidding, but it begs the question: why isn't there a Miss Coco Peru does Peru video yet?

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2020 6:04 PM

Wow, she's had something done - either botox or fillers - or gained a lot of weight in the face. Her videos from last year show her finally aging - slightly sagging, etc. as is normal. Now she's quite plump in the face!

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2020 8:24 PM

Coco should have a group trip where people can pay to travel with her to Machu Pichu and other cool spots in Peru. Only she'll have to be in drag the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2020 8:43 PM

[quote]She's made comments about retiring in her videos the last couple years

That bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2020 8:49 PM

R35, I'd love to see that.

by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2020 8:53 PM

[quote]She's like that tough old broad on your street standing outside with a cigarette yelling at the kids for riding bikes in her driveway.

She's like your fun aunt from the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2020 10:00 PM

Her voice always reminds me of the wife on "Bob's Burgers."

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2020 11:15 PM

Yes R29! Me too, but Coco came first. Actually I think the voice on Bob's Burgers is also a guy. He did some spoof of his mother on Youtube years ago that went viral and now he's doing voice over on Bob's Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2020 11:10 AM

A lof of the female voices are voiced by guys on Bob's Burgers. Which probably means it's getting canceled real soon.

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2020 12:27 PM

If you have to cancel Bob's Burgers because of the men doing woman voices, then you need to be equally fair of all the woman who do little boy cartoon voices. And while we are at it, why do woman get a way with playing little boys, it very misandric. I am looking at you Sandy Duncin AKA Peter Pan and Lily Tomlin AKA Tommy Velour.

by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2020 12:35 PM

We all need more Coco Peru in our lives

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote]If you have to cancel Bob's Burgers because of the men doing woman voices, then you need to be equally fair of all the woman who do little boy cartoon voice

Say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2020 9:59 PM

Miss Coco's thread is being derailed by Bob's Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 5:32 PM

cartoons for adults? that bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 5:36 PM

if I'm in a bad mood I just watch this and I start laughing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 5:37 PM

I think she's hilarious. I wish they'd upload more of her Conversations with Coco. She did one with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Allison Janney, and Karen Black. All of Karen's is up and it's great. Coco's a great interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 7:14 PM

I'm on a Coco binge!

by Anonymousreply 49June 30, 2020 12:27 AM

That Grand Theft Auto video is priceless. She is hysterical!

"You're this fucking rich and you only have one car? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 12:30 AM

I need my tension tamer tea @R45

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 9:03 PM

that' BOTHERS me

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 9:24 PM

She's one of the few queens who actually has something intelligent to say, usually with a dash of humor. And she works tirelessly for gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 9:29 PM

Miss Coco Peru = National Treasure

by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 9:31 PM

she's the BEST

by Anonymousreply 55July 1, 2020 3:27 AM

apparently "FRESH' but not so easy. . .

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2020 3:34 AM

Hi Fellow Coco Puffs!

"Tickets" are on sale now for Casa Coco on July 8th. They are free, but you still have to reserve your place. Not sure how this happens for a streaming event, but apparently they can "sell out". Maybe it's a bandwith thing. Not sure. Also, be sure to sign up separately for the rebroadcast too just in case you miss the live show. Her guests will be Alllison Janney and Chi Chi DeVayne. Sign up link below.

Sorry if you see another dreary greay box. That bothers me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57July 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Fucking hell, I am sorry for all of the typos. *I* bother me.

by Anonymousreply 58July 3, 2020 4:16 PM

"YouStoleMyGodDamnHouse"

that bothers me!

by Anonymousreply 59July 3, 2020 4:51 PM

This thread not being maxed out by now bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 60July 3, 2020 7:06 PM

Reminder that Casa Coco 3 is tomorrow. According to Coco's Twitter they have added an extra viewing time on the 9th for fans in Europe.

You'll probably just see a shitty grey box, but trying the Twitter link anyway because I am sick that way:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61July 7, 2020 4:22 PM

If you haven't already, get your (free) ticket here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62July 7, 2020 4:24 PM

One of the few interesting drag queens in entertainment today. For some reason I enjoy her humor.

by Anonymousreply 63July 7, 2020 4:30 PM

I do too, the rest are stuck up cunts

by Anonymousreply 64July 7, 2020 4:53 PM

did anyone see?

by Anonymousreply 65July 13, 2020 5:28 PM

She is very very funny in her shows. She did a bit about telling a hilarious story and someone interrupted saying their sister was retarded - it is a great bit.

by Anonymousreply 66July 13, 2020 5:35 PM

To be a bit off topic has anyone here ever seen Varla Jean Merman's act and was it good?

by Anonymousreply 67July 13, 2020 5:43 PM

VERY Johnny one note

by Anonymousreply 68July 13, 2020 9:46 PM

Fuck you r68. You are just jealous.

I saw it. Allison Janney was rather muted, almost like she was on something. Also, her volume was not the best, but Coco and Chi Chi Devayne more than made up for it. It was fun chatting with the other Coco Puffs. We were trying to get Chris (engineer/helper/hot dude) to take off his shirt, but to no avail. We will win out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 69July 14, 2020 4:08 AM

[quote]VERY Johnny one note

Coco's one note is one note more than you'll ever have.

by Anonymousreply 70July 15, 2020 10:05 PM

The reference was to varla jean, you cunts

by Anonymousreply 71July 16, 2020 12:39 AM

Cunt at r71 Next time make it clear who you are talking about/what post you are referring to. That reply function comes in mighty handy.

by Anonymousreply 72July 16, 2020 6:54 AM

I think she has created a very fantastic drag persona. It's a shame she never really found a way to successfully monetize it. If one deserves to spend retirement in a fancy castle or mansion, it's Coco.

by Anonymousreply 73July 16, 2020 8:04 AM

she deserves More than tension tamer

by Anonymousreply 74July 16, 2020 11:55 AM

Coco has a little house in the San Fernando Valley that she shares with her dashing Spanish husband Rafael. They have Meyer lemon trees in the backyard. I think she's as happy as a 1960s housewife from the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 75July 16, 2020 1:45 PM

Love her. She has confidence, so she doesn't come across desperate like 99% of other drag queens.

by Anonymousreply 76July 16, 2020 1:50 PM

Just a fantastic personality.

by Anonymousreply 77July 16, 2020 2:09 PM

@ the poo poo corral

by Anonymousreply 78July 16, 2020 2:11 PM

r75. Really? Aw. That warms my heart.

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2020 3:48 PM

Recent interview with Coco about "paranormal stuff". I love that photo of her in the upper right hand. She looks sexy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80July 16, 2020 9:12 PM

Obligatory complaint about How Girls Will Be Girls 2 is

Nevah

Evah

Coming

Out

by Anonymousreply 81July 16, 2020 9:15 PM

Coco Peru is fun because she's not an exhausting, virtue-signally, trans-obsessed Millennial/Gen Z pain in the ass!

by Anonymousreply 82July 16, 2020 10:22 PM

Thank goodness

by Anonymousreply 83July 17, 2020 12:54 AM

The next Casa Coco will be on July 29th. Guests will be Bob the Drag Queen and Sean Hayes.

I might actually pass on this one. Sean Hayes is kind of a drip in interviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 23, 2020 9:03 PM

I’m happy To see this

by Anonymousreply 85July 23, 2020 11:55 PM

This is not funny. That's my aunt - not cool, Dataloungers, not cool.

by Anonymousreply 86July 24, 2020 12:30 AM

Where can we watch the Casa Coco interviews?

by Anonymousreply 87July 24, 2020 12:31 AM

r87 Her Casa Coco shows, are pretty recent development. I don't know if past ones will ever be re-posted, or if you have to just catch them when they stream and that's it. There is a repeat option if the live stream doesn't work out time-wise for you, but it's still within a limited time frame, and you don't have the fun of chatting to your fellow Puffs. Go to casacoco.live to sign up for free tickets

No fucking clue what r86 is on about.

R48 already mentioned this, but Coco did a series a few years back called Conversations with Coco. Right now there is only the one with Karen Black available on Coco's YouTube channel, linked below. Totally worth watching. She is such a great interviewer. I hope the other ones she did will see the light of day. I'd kill to see the Bea Arthur one. I don't I don't know why they aren't posted, some legal bullshit maybe. That bothers me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 24, 2020 1:02 AM

Coco has a cute video up

"It was suggested by a fan that Bianca Del Rio and I play the leads in the movie musical MAME! I can't decide who I should be! So, for now, I offer you both."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89July 26, 2020 8:34 PM

Thanks for posting that r89! For those who don't want to click on the shitty gray box, Coco is lypsynching Bea Arthur's part and Lucille Ball's part in "Bosom Buddies" in split screen.

Some DL denizens appear to making their voices heard in the comments:

Stevebaby123 3 days ago I enjoyed this very much. And super pleased you do NOT need Lucy’s Vaseline or blanket or gauze or welding light or whatever she had on that camera lens

by Anonymousreply 90July 26, 2020 9:02 PM

Coco is a treasure.

by Anonymousreply 91July 26, 2020 9:42 PM

she is

by Anonymousreply 92July 27, 2020 12:19 PM

Hi fellow Coco Puffs. Coco's Casa Coco shows are available at the link below:

Did you miss an episode of Casa Coco? Pay what you can to watch on demand!

You can enjoy any of Coco Peru's Casa Coco shows on demand. In this series, Coco Peru invites you to brew some tension tamer tea and join her at home where she'll share some stories, chat with her special guests, answer your burning questions, and sing a song or two!

Casa Coco 1 Series Premiere

Casa Coco 2 With Zachary Quinto and Leslie Carrara-Rudolph

Casa Coco 3 With Allison Janney and Chi Chi Devayne

Casa Coco 4 With Sean Hayes and Bob The Drag Queen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 11, 2020 2:48 AM

Thank you @R93

by Anonymousreply 94August 11, 2020 3:03 AM

The teeth gap. This bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 95August 11, 2020 3:08 AM

One of my first gigs as a volunteer usher/line wrangler was at a theater in Hollywood doing a Trick (the movie) screening w/Q&A. I pulled into the gravel parking lot, got out of my car and saw Coco who was struggling with the gravel. She called out, " I have no idea where the fuck I'm supposed to be . I've never been here." I called out that I knew where she had to be and follow me. Got her there and that night met Christian Campbell and director Jim Fall. I can't remember if Pitoc was there as I ran into him all the time at Ralph's.

Later Coco booked a few shows at the theater and I subsequently "VIP wrangled" his mother Helen (delightful) and met the incredibly intelligent professor husband Raphael. Who is REALLY easy on the eyes. Just a bunch of sweet people.

One show run sticks out in particular. September of 2001 I believe Coco started a run at the theater on the 7th. The show was Coco Peru, She's Damaged. It was the only show I cried at every time I ushered. A central theme was the many ways gay men are damaged emotionally and physically and culminated with a horrific accident involving a glass shower door. The music for the emotional climax was Rachmaninoff's All Night Vigil's Blagoslovi. Simply brilliant.

Then 9-11.

Coco removed a revenge fantasy segment about wanting birds to peck the eyes out of her bullies and have their blood run in the streets. I missed that piece but understood the edit. Also, many times when Coco goes to see other performers, notably the likewise talented Varla Jean Merman, Clinton shows up. A class act, he NEVER steals focus. All in all, Coco/Clinton is a real deal and a sweetheart.

Some thoughts on Coco.

by Anonymousreply 96August 11, 2020 3:26 AM

r95, she addresses the tooth here at 1:39; I loved the story and the self-depreciation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97August 11, 2020 3:30 AM

I love you r96. You told that all so well. If you unearth any other memories, PLEASE share them here. I can't get enough "Coco in the Wild" stories from people who have met Coco/Clinton.

I have also heard her husband is a total sweetheart. They've been together forever and many of her stories in her Coco Thoughts While in Solitude series on YouTube have to do with their travels and visiting his family. A number of stories about her mother too, who really sounds like a gem (her dad too). Sorry, I'll stop babbling. Thanks again!

by Anonymousreply 98August 11, 2020 3:42 AM

r96, that was just lovely. Thank you so much for sharing. Clinton/Coco has such a wonderful spirit it's not surprising your interactions were so warm and memorable.

by Anonymousreply 99August 11, 2020 7:31 AM

this doesn't bother me

by Anonymousreply 100August 11, 2020 6:35 PM

Coco will be doing an Instagram live thing with Jackie Beat tomorrow on Jackie Beat's Instagram channel. You can always watch it later though. I just watched the one with Jackie and Bianca del Rio from about 2 weeks ago. Bianca appears to be enjoying her cocaine a bit more than usual these days. She made a joking reference to it. Starting to show. Slow it down, bitch. It was fun. Bianca is woke-proof/resistant and that is refreshing. I like how they both go after each other (and others) like old school queens used to do. Nothing sacred. Again, refreshing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101August 12, 2020 1:28 AM

I love her

by Anonymousreply 102August 12, 2020 1:05 PM

I've enjoyed watching her videos.. She's been entertaining for decades now. She has to be close in age to being an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 103August 12, 2020 1:29 PM

Clinton Leupp will be age 53 this month. She looks good for her age; the makeup helps a lot.

by Anonymousreply 104August 12, 2020 1:42 PM

Speaking about legacy queens, has anyone seen Lypsinka back in the day?

by Anonymousreply 105August 12, 2020 1:52 PM

I never got Lypsinka's appeal. I mean, I love her 1950s aesthetic, but her performances were a bit like an SNL skit that runs too long.

Like the one below. I wanted to pull my hair out with all that damn telephone ringing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106August 12, 2020 2:26 PM

That accent!

by Anonymousreply 107August 12, 2020 2:35 PM

We think she's Fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 108August 12, 2020 5:11 PM

How can you not love her?

by Anonymousreply 109August 12, 2020 5:12 PM

Are you sure that isn't Kathy Griffin in a better wig?

by Anonymousreply 110August 12, 2020 5:20 PM

she predates kathy griffin

by Anonymousreply 111August 12, 2020 5:54 PM

OMG r105, I read that name and I get a cold shudder when JE's working name was mentioned. Saying his working name is like some people not saying Trump's name. I can't do it.

The same non profit theater I volunteered for Coco decided that drag queens like Coco were good business and East Coast drag queens were worth promoting in the early 00s. Because they were always low on staff and because I was always available, actor wannabe, I was asked to PA for JE. Little did I realize that this constituted being his personal slave, paying for his incidentals out of my own money and being his onstage stage manager. An entire week of unpaid 12 hour days.

From all my hours in his dressing room, spraying vodka on the armpits of his very expensive, very old costumes, to listening to him bitch about the pain of his scoliosis and other skin conditions I immediately forgot, I gleaned that he was possibly the most unhappy human being I had ever met. He was mean, he was cruel in micro-targeted ways and totally oblivious to the fact that I was simply a completion of the clauses of his contract. The first time I was introduced to him backstage, the guy who roped me into this horrific gig left and JE THREW the show book with all the cues at me and expected me to know them all the next day. Nobody told me I was going to be doing stage-work. I went home, after the first 12 hour day and two days before open, went home, marked my cues (yes, there are other people onstage in the dark in a JE show even though the entire gig is plug and play audio) and went over blocking. [As an aside, if you have ever been to JE show and saw an arm in a black elbow length glove with a chunky, sparkly bracelet pop out at stage right...I WAS THE HOLLYWOOD ARM! I tell people that I have never done drag, but my left arm has! Ahh, show business. ]

Of all the drag queens I have worked with, JE was the only evil asshole in the bunch. And he was an evil asshole. I want to feel sorry for him because of the medical cards dealt to him but Coco fell through a class shower door, had huge shards of glass cut deeply into her, has MANY HUGE scars, was hospitalized in ICU, was give up for dead and came out of it to give us Glorious Wounds (which I think was the title of Damaged when it was originally performed). Coco made it a transformative, teaching moment. But Coco does original material. Original material. Coco is authentic. Real.

JE is purely derivative. I am surprised someone hasn't killed him. It would make a great episode of SVU.

r96

by Anonymousreply 112August 13, 2020 3:34 AM

OOh amazing tea, I'm so sorry that you had that experience, but it makes for great stories.

by Anonymousreply 113August 13, 2020 3:46 AM

[quote]"It was suggested by a fan that Bianca Del Rio and I play the leads in the movie musical MAME! I can't decide who I should be! So, for now, I offer you both."

GOOCH!

by Anonymousreply 114August 13, 2020 4:00 AM

I love Coco's Wear a Mask for Helen video.

by Anonymousreply 115August 15, 2020 7:30 AM

[quote]...listening to him bitch about the pain of his scoliosis and other skin conditions...

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 116August 15, 2020 8:13 AM

r116, huh?

by Anonymousreply 117August 15, 2020 8:56 AM

Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 118August 15, 2020 12:11 PM

New video uploaded. "Christmas in August? When expressing your inner Barbra, anything is possible."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119August 15, 2020 7:48 PM

even on a bad day she makes me feel better

by Anonymousreply 120August 15, 2020 7:57 PM

Yes. Her videos have helped with my depression and anxiety from everything that’s going on right now @R120

by Anonymousreply 121August 15, 2020 8:11 PM

This is surely somebody for "the people we don't hate" thread.

Love you Miss Coco Peru.

by Anonymousreply 122August 15, 2020 8:42 PM

We can sing every word/note of Judy at Carnegie Hall, the Palace Medley, and the Born in a Trunk medley, verbatim, every note!

by Anonymousreply 123August 15, 2020 8:53 PM

Nobody cares, we thought you were dead!

by Anonymousreply 124August 15, 2020 10:13 PM

Love this!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125August 16, 2020 9:16 PM

It's actually a great idea, better than a Cameo video.

$50 for 20 minute phone call is very reasonable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 16, 2020 9:18 PM

I really, really hope she dials the phone with her pencil on these calls.

by Anonymousreply 127August 16, 2020 9:34 PM

Would it be pathetic if I order a phone call from miss coco to myself?

by Anonymousreply 128August 16, 2020 10:17 PM

No r128, I'm going to! But I don't know what I'll talk to her about.

Do it!!

by Anonymousreply 129August 16, 2020 10:39 PM

Please do it and come back to report.

by Anonymousreply 130August 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Bodega Cat, I hope you see this!!

Coco is doing one on one phone conversations now. Only 50 bucks for 20 minutes! I am so excited but I'm too fucking shy to even try it. It would be me saying uh, uh, I , uh *sound of crapping pants*, and you, uh, well, uh...TIME IS UP! And *THAT* would be if I was on my game. (I have no game, so I'm never on it). I want to do this so fucking badly, but again, I'm too afraid I'll fuck it up and be left with a shitty memory instead of a sweet one.

Anyway, any less chicken shit puffs here might be interested. I think that's a damn good deal. She knows how to pack a lot in a short amount of time,from what I've seen of her interviews and videos, and really 20 minutes isn't that short.

If anyone does this, would love to hear how it went!

(quietly hating myself for being such a wimp)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131August 17, 2020 4:46 AM

I saw @R131 I’ll order a call. I just hope I don’t make an ass out of myself

by Anonymousreply 132August 17, 2020 4:51 AM

r132 That's what I'm afraid of too, but remember she has wicked skills at making people feel comfortable, so...if you do it, I'll try to get the guts to do it. 20 minutes is really long, longer than a meet and greet for sure. I'll have to come with fucking notes or something. I want to come up with good questions that she doesn't hear all the time, but I also don't want her to think I'm "interviewing" her. If she turns it around on me, no one, NO ONE has a more boring life than I do.

I also remember the adage (is that the word?) Never meet your heroes. Granted this isn't a face to face, but close enough!

by Anonymousreply 133August 17, 2020 6:46 AM

Somebody ask her what the deal is with Fuma Sarah, the butcher's wife?

by Anonymousreply 134August 17, 2020 6:49 AM

I'm going to buy mine today. I need some cheering up. Will report back.

by Anonymousreply 135August 17, 2020 4:40 PM

we NEED coco

by Anonymousreply 136August 17, 2020 5:49 PM

Ask her to talk about Datalounge!! Put up the recording here!

by Anonymousreply 137August 17, 2020 10:04 PM

A new Casa Coco coming on August 26. She's calling it her birthday show. (Actual birthday August 27th). I like the guests. Tammie Brown, that acid trip in heels, and Bianca del Rio. Should be good.

Details at link below.

Have you made your call yet Bodega Cat? A couple of people have mentioned their experiences on Twitter and it really does sound fun. I am still too chicken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138August 24, 2020 7:37 PM
by Anonymousreply 139August 25, 2020 12:47 AM

Latest Casa Coco is tomorrow. Trixie Matell and

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140September 23, 2020 4:09 AM

FUCKING HELL... Trixie Mattel and Tabitha Brown are the guests. Sorry for the trigger finger.

by Anonymousreply 141September 23, 2020 4:12 AM

A delight.

by Anonymousreply 142September 23, 2020 1:06 PM

Hey fellow Coco Puffs. Our girl isn't feeling so great these days. If you are so inclined, send her a Twat or perhaps comment on her YouTube channel. She's not a whiner, but she has been through the wringer this year. Now she's got some freaky case of carpal tunnel, and the pain is bad.

Get better Coco, goddamn it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143October 22, 2020 4:28 PM

Drag queens usually forget to be funny. Too much time spent on hair & makeup.

by Anonymousreply 144October 22, 2020 4:30 PM

Thanks for this--always a good way to start the day. Don't ask why I'm starting my day so late.

by Anonymousreply 145October 22, 2020 4:53 PM

a classic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146October 23, 2020 12:49 PM

I wonder if she ever found that Tension Tamer tea she was so fond of?

by Anonymousreply 147October 23, 2020 7:19 PM

Fairly certain that festival seasons offered her some

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2020 7:30 PM

I just watched Coco goes to Cost Plus World Market--this is the one I used to go to and she was right about the merchandise. And the kids. I used to go when it was dead empty, but somehow when one gets to the checkout there are always ten people buying shopping carts full of wine.

Panecotta for 17 bucks! No way!

by Anonymousreply 149October 24, 2020 7:07 PM

Hi Fellow Puffs!

Casa Coco is back! After a break we can finally get our fix on 11/24. It's a bit different this time, apparently. Instead of the second show being a taped replay of the first, it is a live encore instead. Tickets are pay what you can. I didn't pay much up front for the tickets so I could save money to tip her throughout the show. More fun that way, at least for me.

Also, for 100 clams, there is a VIP level where on top of access to the show, you get a private zoom meet and greet with Coco.

More info and a link to get your tickets here when you click on the ugly black box:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150November 23, 2020 2:15 AM

This does not lead to a link, I just couldn't put up with that dreary black hole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 23, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote]Thanks for posting that [R89]! For those who don't want to click on the shitty gray box, Coco is lypsynching Bea Arthur's part and Lucille Ball's part in "Bosom Buddies" in split screen.

And yet, she doesn't bother changing outfits. Amateur.

by Anonymousreply 152November 23, 2020 2:34 AM

I love it

by Anonymousreply 153November 23, 2020 2:34 AM

Its panettone season, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 23, 2020 2:54 AM

oh, YES!!!

by Anonymousreply 155November 23, 2020 12:23 PM

3 hours away!

She has been inviting people on Twitter to submit their questions for the Q&A portion. I asked when she was going to have an official Coco Caftan in her store. I ask this EVERY. FUCKING. TIME. and all I get is crickets. I better not this time.

by Anonymousreply 156November 24, 2020 9:06 PM

Wanted to bump this up.

I bought my first Panattone of the season today.

4.89 at Walmart. (yeah, I know) and thought of our dear Coco. My favorite living drag queen.

Merry Christmas early.

by Anonymousreply 157December 1, 2020 8:11 PM

Heads up, fellow Coco Puffs, a new Casa Coco this Thursday. Guests will be the tasty Rep. Brian Sims (Philadelphia), and Peppermint. Tickets as always are "pay what you can", even if it's only a dollar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158February 23, 2021 5:07 AM

I've met her several times. She's a really lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 159February 23, 2021 6:22 AM

she did a junket with brian sims recently

by Anonymousreply 160February 23, 2021 12:14 PM

I met Coco years ago when I was in LA. I agree with r159. A sweetheart.

by Anonymousreply 161February 23, 2021 1:30 PM

Love Coco!

by Anonymousreply 162February 23, 2021 1:55 PM

Coco coquette

by Anonymousreply 163February 23, 2021 9:54 PM

OK Puffs, her ticket sales are down for this show. Considering she asks for basically nothing (a buck works just to get it through the StreamAlly system) and donates a lot of what she gets from "the door" and in her tips to causes and fellow queens who aren't making any money right now, I hope she gets the signups she's hoping for. It would suck beyond words if she got dropped for not enough sales.

by Anonymousreply 164February 24, 2021 12:50 AM

R164 how do you know sales are down? That’s a bummer. She’s great.

by Anonymousreply 165February 24, 2021 1:04 AM

This works better for me than cameo, R164. I don’t want to interact with celebrities. I just want to talk about who they fucked.

by Anonymousreply 166February 24, 2021 1:15 AM

r165 She's giving more of a "push" for it on SM (I'm only on Twitter and YouTube, so don't know about FB or Instagram) with there is a "where are you" kind of vibe than normal. Here's her most recent video that has a cozy but commanding come ON, Puffs! feel about it.

I love her so fucking much.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167February 24, 2021 1:39 AM

I agree, I'm not a Cameo purchaser/customer. I want to hear the stories, singing, guests and give the money to her in the form of tips. The chat is so much fun too, I've made a couple of IRL friends through it.

Cameo's aside, I hear her personal phone calls, if she's still offering them, are fabulous. The people I have spoken to who have done it, had a truly fantastic time and often went way past the usual set time with her. They all came away so fucking happy. MARY!, I know, but whatever. I'm too much of a shy chicken but If I wasn't... And she doesn't share the same thing with each person. It's truly person to person and REAL.

by Anonymousreply 168February 24, 2021 1:48 AM

Miss Coco a day keeps the sadness away! ;D

by Anonymousreply 169February 24, 2021 2:10 AM

Coco's daily quarantine videos of a year ago were incredibly moving as she explained the meaning of every tscotchke (I know , oh, dear, iknow) in her house. Every object had a story. Dare I say, they had ....humanity?

She was an essential help in getting through the last year. Wheras I got tired of Leslie Jordans videos fairly quickly (except those when was home with his mama in Louisiana)

by Anonymousreply 170February 24, 2021 2:12 AM

"I've met her several times. She's a really lovely person."

Are you saying the cock was amputated?

by Anonymousreply 171February 24, 2021 2:36 AM

r170 YES! I've been re-watching her "In Solitude" series. So soothing and cozy, but not without serious, "pay attention to what I'm teaching you" moments as well. I love (and get a bit sad) how they aren't dated in the least. Actually, I feel, that is one of Coco's best (of many) attributes re: her humor and outlook. It isn't dated. What she has said way back when in her early shows, or a year ago, or a couple of months ago remain as applicable then as now.

by Anonymousreply 172February 24, 2021 2:49 AM

Hi, Coco.

Love your stuff. I think you're funny!

by Anonymousreply 173February 24, 2021 3:03 AM

I wish we could see Girls Will Be Girls 2, but it was supposed to be done NINE years ago. It ain't nevah, evah happening.

by Anonymousreply 174February 24, 2021 3:09 AM

She calms me. She feels like a friend.

by Anonymousreply 175February 24, 2021 3:17 AM

I saw Coco at Gay Days at Disneyland. Hilarious. And then again at Birdland in NYC. So great. Love her in Trick too!

by Anonymousreply 176February 24, 2021 3:32 AM

Wasn't this character on a short film about some spoof on Omgle? With Dan Bucatinsky? Shark something? She was the best part of it.

by Anonymousreply 177February 24, 2021 3:35 AM

Found it. Gaysharktank.com I saw it at some Short Film International festival.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 24, 2021 3:38 AM

Coco is the only drag queen that doesn't give me the creeps. She's just like that woman in in the office who you like to dish with.

by Anonymousreply 179February 24, 2021 5:16 AM

[Quote] [R164] how do you know sales are down? That’s a bummer. She’s great.

R164 = Coco.

by Anonymousreply 180February 24, 2021 6:27 AM

Has no one turned on this bitch for cultural appropriation yet?

by Anonymousreply 181February 24, 2021 6:38 AM

That bothers me!

by Anonymousreply 182February 24, 2021 11:26 AM

I love Coco!

I wonder with entertainers who live a character like this whether they "are" their character.....or whether they're really shy and different people out of drag.

I knew a drag queen who was nerdy and shy out of drag but somehow transformed into Blanche Devereaux (metaphorically speaking) in drag. It was fascinating to see how drag enabled some hidden part of their inner being to come out.

by Anonymousreply 183February 24, 2021 1:29 PM

Drag is empowering. I've noticed that too with other drag queens r183.

by Anonymousreply 184February 24, 2021 1:33 PM

Agree R184. I've seen that with some other queens that really dwell in a character (like Eda Bagel).

I think maybe this is why I haven't enjoyed as many of the RPDR queens, because they are really presenting two characters, the second being their out of drag selves, and it's a competition, so there's a certain level of pettiness, competitiveness, etc that comes out. (Not to say you don't see sweet moments but the conflict is always hyped for the dramatic elements of the show.)

But to see a real awakening creatively in that way is really something special.

Although that can then have its own burdens (e.g. people want to be around your persona but not you, etc).

by Anonymousreply 185February 24, 2021 1:38 PM

Oh, I just feel like watching this again. I miss the thrift stores!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186February 24, 2021 3:23 PM

"look at me now! a well-adjusted Middle-aged Drag queen!"

by Anonymousreply 187February 24, 2021 5:02 PM

From what I heard from a couple of associates lucky enough to meet Coco out of drag (Clinton) with his husband Rafael (who I am told is really a treat to the eye) the Coco/Clinton personalities are very similar. He's just less "EXTRA" out of drag.

by Anonymousreply 188February 24, 2021 6:30 PM

A delight

by Anonymousreply 189February 24, 2021 8:27 PM

Clinton looks pretty good out of drag I'm guessing.

by Anonymousreply 190February 24, 2021 8:34 PM

He's not as nice out of drag. Usually it's the other way around, but he's much nicer as Coco.

by Anonymousreply 191February 24, 2021 8:46 PM

Oh. I'm sorry to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 192February 24, 2021 8:56 PM

"Nothing says bride-to-be like the Valley Value Center!"

by Anonymousreply 193February 24, 2021 9:56 PM

r191 I've met him twice as Clinton. Very charming, and fun, yet not fake, and yes he is cute, as is his husband, (he's from Spain, thank you) So, if you are even telling the truth, you might have caught him on a bad day, or maybe he just didn't like you.

by Anonymousreply 194February 25, 2021 12:42 AM

Moving on...a reminder, tomorrow is the next show. I am very intrigued about Brian Sims, far less so about Peppermint. I wonder if that is why people aren't coming out in droves for this? They might be burned out on politics, and I don't know much about Peppermint. Anything really. Was/is she unpopular?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 25, 2021 1:21 AM

coCO!, coCO!, coCO!

by Anonymousreply 196February 25, 2021 10:09 PM

Love Coco. The only drag queen I really like and am entertained by.

by Anonymousreply 197February 25, 2021 10:47 PM

same here

by Anonymousreply 198February 26, 2021 12:59 PM

It was a fun show, not one of the best Casa Coco's but still fun. Coco looked great, and any time I can get my Coco fix it is a good thing. Brian Sims was a treat for the ears, eyes and brain. I wish his section lasted longer. Peppermint didn't bother me, but I also don't remember a thing about her segment so that says something.

by Anonymousreply 199February 26, 2021 6:58 PM

I love her.

by Anonymousreply 200March 1, 2021 12:26 AM

Is Miss Coco Peru an unrepentant bottom?

by Anonymousreply 201March 1, 2021 5:52 AM

I sure hope so

by Anonymousreply 202March 1, 2021 12:23 PM

Attention all Coco Puffs!

Sorry I'm so late with this, but Coco's latest show Bitter, Bothered and Beyond has been selling out left, right and central. Fabulous news for her, but frustrating for those who can't get a ticket, or are still queasy about going out to events with COVID still lurking.

Her show tomorrow at Birdland in NYC is available to watch via livestream. $20. Such a deal! This is one you have to watch live, there isn't a watch later option, so if you do want to check it out, note the airtime.

Details at the link! Can't fucking wait!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203March 20, 2022 9:23 PM

Direct sign up link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204March 20, 2022 9:25 PM

Coco is so much hilarious fun. "All the skeletons are Jewish!" lol

by Anonymousreply 205March 21, 2022 2:14 AM

she's a wonder

by Anonymousreply 206March 21, 2022 12:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!