Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Miss Coco Peru!

I love her. Her talent is making the mundane interesting. Is she the best drag queen on YouTube?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64Last Tuesday at 8:53 AM

YES. I love her videos. My favorite is the one where she plays Grand Theft Auto.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106/25/2020

I like her because she isn't completely OTT. You get that it is a drag act, but not a DRAG act. Has anyone ever seen her out of drag, I've been dying to see a pic.

by Anonymousreply 206/25/2020

She did a cold open of the original Will & Grace where she transformed into the Miss Coco drag and you saw what he looked like. Episode "Moveable Feast" from season 4, episode 9.

Not the best quality. Clinton/Coco first appears around 1:09

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306/25/2020

This video has a picture of Coco (real name: Clinton Leupp) out of drag when he was in his 20s. He was very cute. He's second from the left in the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406/25/2020

R3 Thanks, not a bad looking guy.

by Anonymousreply 506/25/2020

The Grand Theft Auto vid is hysterical.

I love the vids where Coco drives around LA and visits various retail outlets like Costco, Target and Walgreens. So true that he makes the mundane funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 606/25/2020

Drag queens in general irritate the hell out of me, but not Coco! I actually forget that she is a drag queen while listening in complete rapture, and she always makes me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 706/25/2020

The panettone videos are my favourite. Wholly agree that it's unacceptable to pay more than $6 for a panettone.

by Anonymousreply 806/25/2020

The video that R4 posted made me cry. Coco is telling the story about her friend that she lost to AIDS and how he called her before he died. It's really sad.

by Anonymousreply 906/26/2020

Me too. I love Coco.

by Anonymousreply 1006/26/2020

I give dime store panettone to people for Christmas because of her.

by Anonymousreply 1106/26/2020

I like when she went to the thrift store and found Disney's Ariel. At 3'29":

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1206/26/2020

Coco used to perform in NYC and LA back in the 90’s and I thought he was great. I met him in The Pines out of drag in the late 1990’s. I remember he had a small a limp from sort of minor but permanent disability with one leg.

I’d guess he’s in his mid 50’s by now.

by Anonymousreply 1306/26/2020

My favorite is the tour of the Farmers Market

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1406/26/2020

I know she will hate this but I loved her in Trick. Yes, I know it was a 100 years ago. But that's how I first found out about you. Plus, Andria.

by Anonymousreply 1506/26/2020

Coco also did an episode on Boy Meets Boy. She called out Andria I think at the time. Little did we know Mad TV would make a star out of Andria's antics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1606/26/2020

R8 Came to say this. When she said the word Panetonne it made me crack up every time.

by Anonymousreply 1706/26/2020

^^^ don’t you want to watch her drinking tension tamer tea and eating panettone?

by Anonymousreply 1806/26/2020

Coco was in To Wong Foo

by Anonymousreply 1906/26/2020

I like that she acknowledges herself as a Drag Queen and not gender queer, trans, fluid or all the other amorphous labels.

Plus, as a Drag Queen she is not evil like so many of them now think that is what the public wants.

by Anonymousreply 2006/26/2020

That's why I like her too. She's not cutting and insulting like the vast majority. And she has words of wisdom!

by Anonymousreply 2106/26/2020

Coco is so much funnier than almost any other drag queen because she's not bitchy. She can be disgusted, or even angry, but she's not cruel nor diva-like. She just is who she is.

by Anonymousreply 2206/26/2020

Love Coco in Girls Will Be Girls.

by Anonymousreply 2306/26/2020

I was raped.

by Anonymousreply 2406/26/2020

She's like that tough old broad on your street standing outside with a cigarette yelling at the kids for riding bikes in her driveway.

by Anonymousreply 2506/26/2020

I saw Coco perform several years ago, and she interrupted her act to call out the trans mafia for bullying her and other drag queens... pretty courageous of her to speak up. Sadly, I believe she was thinking of retiring because of it. Did she?

by Anonymousreply 2606/26/2020

She's made comments about retiring in her videos the last couple years. If you watch her video about searching for fake nails she mentions wanting to retire in a few years and hoping to find enough of the nails to last her that long. Never mentioned the trans thing, AFAIK, but until recently her video output was pretty sporadic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2706/26/2020

Coco is fucking everything. Nearly every day for weeks after quarantine hit, she did a YouTube series called Coco's Thoughts While in Solitude. It is so fun and cozy. I'm not even going to Mary! myself, as I usually do, but it got me through some dark shit when Rona came knocking, and I'm not ashamed. (OK, Mary!!!) Funny, informative, and hopeful.

You can find the playlist linked below. Now, every two weeks she is doing a streaming show called Casa Coco. You have to "buy" tickets, but they are free, and there is a chat window where you can gab with other fellow Coco Puffs and do a Q&A with her. It's a bit glitchy, but worth it.

If you love Coco, you will love the Solitude series. For newcomers be sure to also check out her older videos too on her YouTube channel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2806/26/2020

Thanks, R27. It seemed she fell off the radar!

by Anonymousreply 2906/26/2020

One of her guests on the most recent Casa Coco (there have only been 2, number 3 is in a couple of weeks), was Zachary Quinto *fans self*. He is only getting hotter as he gets older. Very intelligent and quick. They talked a bit about how she knew him when he was just starting out, and how proud she is to see his career take off. She is such a genuine soul.

I hope they figure out a way to rebroadcast these new shows she's doing so you can watch it at your leisure, Right now there is only one repeat and you have to "tune in" at a scheduled time. They need to change that format. It bothers me.

Here's her Twitter if you want to hear about upcoming events...oh god help us all, it's Bianca's birthday. There should be some good insults floating around drag Twitter today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3006/27/2020

It was surreal seeing her mounted atop a llama, drinking coconut juice, at Machu Picchu.

by Anonymousreply 3106/27/2020

r31 I missed that! Was it one of the Solitude videos, or one of the Casa Coco shows?

by Anonymousreply 3206/27/2020

R32, I was just kidding, but it begs the question: why isn't there a Miss Coco Peru does Peru video yet?

by Anonymousreply 3306/27/2020

Wow, she's had something done - either botox or fillers - or gained a lot of weight in the face. Her videos from last year show her finally aging - slightly sagging, etc. as is normal. Now she's quite plump in the face!

by Anonymousreply 3406/27/2020

Coco should have a group trip where people can pay to travel with her to Machu Pichu and other cool spots in Peru. Only she'll have to be in drag the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 3506/27/2020

[quote]She's made comments about retiring in her videos the last couple years

That bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 3606/27/2020

R35, I'd love to see that.

by Anonymousreply 3706/27/2020

[quote]She's like that tough old broad on your street standing outside with a cigarette yelling at the kids for riding bikes in her driveway.

She's like your fun aunt from the Bronx.

by Anonymousreply 3806/27/2020

Her voice always reminds me of the wife on "Bob's Burgers."

by Anonymousreply 3906/27/2020

Yes R29! Me too, but Coco came first. Actually I think the voice on Bob's Burgers is also a guy. He did some spoof of his mother on Youtube years ago that went viral and now he's doing voice over on Bob's Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 4006/28/2020

A lof of the female voices are voiced by guys on Bob's Burgers. Which probably means it's getting canceled real soon.

by Anonymousreply 4106/28/2020

If you have to cancel Bob's Burgers because of the men doing woman voices, then you need to be equally fair of all the woman who do little boy cartoon voices. And while we are at it, why do woman get a way with playing little boys, it very misandric. I am looking at you Sandy Duncin AKA Peter Pan and Lily Tomlin AKA Tommy Velour.

by Anonymousreply 4206/28/2020

We all need more Coco Peru in our lives

by Anonymousreply 4306/28/2020

[quote]If you have to cancel Bob's Burgers because of the men doing woman voices, then you need to be equally fair of all the woman who do little boy cartoon voice

Say it ain't so!

by Anonymousreply 4406/28/2020

Miss Coco's thread is being derailed by Bob's Burgers.

by Anonymousreply 4506/29/2020

cartoons for adults? that bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 4606/29/2020

if I'm in a bad mood I just watch this and I start laughing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4706/29/2020

I think she's hilarious. I wish they'd upload more of her Conversations with Coco. She did one with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Allison Janney, and Karen Black. All of Karen's is up and it's great. Coco's a great interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 4806/29/2020

I'm on a Coco binge!

by Anonymousreply 4906/29/2020

That Grand Theft Auto video is priceless. She is hysterical!

"You're this fucking rich and you only have one car? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

by Anonymousreply 5006/29/2020

I need my tension tamer tea @R45

by Anonymousreply 5106/30/2020

that' BOTHERS me

by Anonymousreply 5206/30/2020

She's one of the few queens who actually has something intelligent to say, usually with a dash of humor. And she works tirelessly for gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 5306/30/2020

Miss Coco Peru = National Treasure

by Anonymousreply 5406/30/2020

she's the BEST

by Anonymousreply 5506/30/2020

apparently "FRESH' but not so easy. . .

by Anonymousreply 5606/30/2020

Hi Fellow Coco Puffs!

"Tickets" are on sale now for Casa Coco on July 8th. They are free, but you still have to reserve your place. Not sure how this happens for a streaming event, but apparently they can "sell out". Maybe it's a bandwith thing. Not sure. Also, be sure to sign up separately for the rebroadcast too just in case you miss the live show. Her guests will be Alllison Janney and Chi Chi DeVayne. Sign up link below.

Sorry if you see another dreary greay box. That bothers me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5707/03/2020

Fucking hell, I am sorry for all of the typos. *I* bother me.

by Anonymousreply 5807/03/2020

"YouStoleMyGodDamnHouse"

that bothers me!

by Anonymousreply 5907/03/2020

This thread not being maxed out by now bothers me.

by Anonymousreply 6007/03/2020

Reminder that Casa Coco 3 is tomorrow. According to Coco's Twitter they have added an extra viewing time on the 9th for fans in Europe.

You'll probably just see a shitty grey box, but trying the Twitter link anyway because I am sick that way:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61Last Tuesday at 8:22 AM

If you haven't already, get your (free) ticket here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62Last Tuesday at 8:24 AM

One of the few interesting drag queens in entertainment today. For some reason I enjoy her humor.

by Anonymousreply 63Last Tuesday at 8:30 AM

I do too, the rest are stuck up cunts

by Anonymousreply 64Last Tuesday at 8:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Don't you just LOVE clicking on these things on every single site you visit? I know we do! You can thank the EU parliament for making everyone in the world click on these pointless things while changing absolutely nothing. If you are interested you can take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT and we'll set a dreaded cookie to make it go away. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!