Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Francis Scott Key Was A Racist...Let's Change The National Anthem

To the "Bubba Lubba Lipton Song."

by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 3:59 PM

I wish we could change it to “America the Beautiful” and be done with it. It’s a much better song for an anthem.

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2020 11:49 PM

OP, eat a bowl of hot dicks.

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2020 11:55 PM

And America the Beautiful was written by a lesbian. I'm all for the substitution.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2020 11:55 PM

"God Bless the USA" is more fitting to the country that it has become today.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2020 11:56 PM

And here's a thought, the National Anthem is sung before sporting events, other than the Olympics, as TRADITION.

Because Trump has totally fucked all when it comes to tradition, I say we move to have America the Beautiful sung instead.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2020 11:57 PM

Enough.

Starting with the execrable OP.

by Anonymousreply 6June 26, 2020 12:01 AM

I vote for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 26, 2020 12:02 AM

Leave it to the woketards to try to cancel a song whose had many famous renditions by black singers over the years.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2020 12:08 AM

The National Anthem is racist and violent.

America The beautiful is much more representative of an inclusive citizenry.

I look forward to black singers having many future famous renditions of ATB.

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2020 12:10 AM

I vote for Vogue as the national anthem.

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2020 12:12 AM

I think the national anthem should be Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land". No god stuff and easy to sing.

by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2020 12:25 AM

Guthrie's song is good. But he so WHITE and MALE!

How bout Twisting USA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2020 12:35 AM

If we're going to consider "race music", R12 -- Chuck Berry's "Back In The USA":

[quote]Looking hard for a drive-in, searching for a corner café

Where hamburgers sizzle on an open grill night and day

Yeah, and a juke-box jumping with records like in the USA

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2020 12:49 AM

Only this can replace it, to heal the wounds of racial injustice!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2020 1:06 AM

Let's find a national anthem that Roseanne can sing!

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2020 1:15 AM

Tulsa's team in the semi-pro National Premier Soccer League has announced that Oklahoma native Woody Guthrie's "This Land Is Your Land" will replace the National Anthem at the team's home events. The team's co-owner Sonny Dalesandro stated:

[quote] “From our beginning, we have developed a culture of inclusion and acceptance at Tulsa Athletic. We live in a country that allows us to freely speak our voice. We utilize this right as a club to continually try and improve our team and community. We believe ‘This Land Is Your Land’ not only captures a powerful patriotic sentiment, but that it does so in a far more inclusive way. The song speaks to this country being built and shared by every person of every race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. It represents a future Tulsa Athletic is committed to striving for.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 30, 2020 2:58 PM

America the Beautiful contains the word " God" and is , therefore, unacceptable.

by Anonymousreply 17June 30, 2020 3:55 PM

How can we abandon the SSB. Go to 1:05.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 30, 2020 3:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!