Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Huge spike in California coronavirus cases

Americans are too stupid and too entitled to live.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 5, 2020 5:14 PM

And this is a but state!

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2020 3:09 AM

I mean a blue state!

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2020 3:10 AM

And this is a butt state!

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2020 3:11 AM

Why always blue states?

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2020 3:21 AM

Texas... Florida... not blue.

Yet.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2020 3:24 AM

Well, when you're testing 60,000 cases a day, you're expected to get more positives.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2020 3:26 AM

I'm so sick of the politicizing of this. It's a virus, IT IS NO ONE'S FAULT.

Anymore than HIV or polio or smallpox is someone's fault.

Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2020 3:28 AM

Meaning accurate report of of the number of cases by actually testing, R6?

by Anonymousreply 8June 25, 2020 3:28 AM

R7, when do you stupid reckless things that make you get the virus, guess what? IT'S YOUR FAULT.

by Anonymousreply 9June 25, 2020 3:29 AM

And yeah, R9, you can avoid HIV as well. Boy, are you dumb. I guess that's not your fault either?

by Anonymousreply 10June 25, 2020 3:31 AM

Smallpox as well, R7, you can avoid HIV and small pox very easily.

And that was meant for R7 at r10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 25, 2020 3:34 AM

California just like the other states are being affected because people think the virus is done. Being cautious and implementing safety measures is Partisan now. Everyone wants to go back to being normal but sadly they don’t understand their recklessness and irresponsibility is causing this virus to spike again in massive ways which will prolong our suffering in all levels. The red states are having massive spikes right now. Americans don’t want to sacrifice at all. They think spending two months in the comfort of their homes with all the amenities they could have is suffering. Now half the country is seeing massive spikes in this virus. What do you thinks going to happen next?

by Anonymousreply 12June 25, 2020 3:38 AM

Obese, obtuse, obstinate and odious = most of the tards who catch the virus.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2020 3:39 AM

Wearing a mask is VIOLATING my rights as an American citizen!!!

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2020 3:40 AM

R12, that's exactly right.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2020 3:51 AM

No, you can't make blanket statements like "Californians think the virus is done" and "Americans are too stupid to live."

Where are the cases happening? Look it up by zip code if you can. I'm in Oregon - a disproportionate share of the cases here are among Latinos and immigrants because (a) they tend to be essential workers who often have to work high-risk jobs, (b) they tend to have extended families living together in close quarters, and (c) they don't always have good access to public health information or basic medical care. I'm sure it's the same way in California (and Arizona).

Is that their fault? Are they "too stupid to live"?

Yes, there are obnoxious and irresponsible people who refuse to wear masks, but that's far from the whole story.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2020 3:54 AM

R16, I completely agree that the people who work at high-risk jobs or are forced to go back to work for monetary reasons and get sick are completely innocent. I was speaking of the country at large--the people who are bored, who want to go to a bar, who think wearing a mask in public is an infringement on their precious entitlement to do whatever they want. Those people are too entitled and stupid to live. Big difference. Thanks for letting me clarify that.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2020 3:58 AM

I'm so worried about Gwyneth.

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2020 4:00 AM

Gwyneth doesn't have a respiratory system. But Vicki Gunvalson does. What about Tamra Judge? I'm concerned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2020 4:06 AM

WWMCD?

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2020 4:08 AM

R19 OMG that was the best

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2020 4:20 AM

Agree with R17. One of my dearest friends waits tables in Kansas City. The restaurant just reopened and no mask was required, neither for patrons nor staff, and there were few if any limitations on seating according to her.

She told me their reopening was a nightmare-- staff was coming in with fevers, diners were vomiting in the bathroom, rude, maskless diners coughing, shoving dirty plates at her, etc.

She didn't have a choice but to go back to work. Further, her mom has terminal cancer and she probably won't be able to go visit her her for quite some time.

There are a LOT of people like her. The DL refrain implying that people getting coronavirus are fat and dumb (and fat ALWAYS equals Trumptard, too--there are no fat liberals in this alternate reality) is fucking tired. It's killing "us" too. Some of us are fat. Some of us work shit jobs and were forced to go back to those shit jobs to "save the economy" and the PTB have spoken --if we survive great, and if we don't well then it sucks to be us.

Good for you that you get to sit back and lump us all into one fat, dumb shit pile. You must have made it in life. Good for you.

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2020 4:21 AM

R17 here. Again, I'm really glad to clarify may position--that there are people for whom this is something that happens to them--like so many other things, because they're poor and don't have agency. And there are others who are merely bored by it all. Sorry, R22, to hear about your friend.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2020 4:25 AM

Disneyland has pulled back its planned July 17 opening.

by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2020 4:29 AM

Since mid-March (when I returned home to LA from abroad) I have not:

1. Eaten in a restaurant (or gotten take out food)

2. Gone into any stores.

3. Entered any buildings other than a bank and a cable company office.

4. Had any visitors, other than my handyman.

I'm not taking any unnecessary risks.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2020 4:31 AM

R24: That was a stupid plan anyway! (Yet FL is full speed ahead with Disney and Universal reopening....That should go well)

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2020 4:33 AM

R25: You need to go to a bank and cable company?

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2020 4:35 AM

Oh fuck there goes the football season.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2020 4:35 AM

In NYC, I have ordered pick-up from restaurants since April--either pick-up or delivery. It's supporting businesses. No issues with my health.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2020 4:38 AM

San Francisco has it under control. LA and the red parts of the state, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2020 4:38 AM

Are we ever going to get new movies and TV shows again? At this rate, the major networks will have no choice but to rerun old episodes of Hazel and The Doris Day Show in the Fall.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2020 4:39 AM

Well, R31, I suggested that all good looking male cast members of all the currently running shows take their dicks out on Zoom.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2020 4:41 AM

[Quote] At this rate, the major networks will have no choice but to rerun old episodes of Hazel and The Doris Day Show in the Fall.

[Bold] OMFG!!!!! THAT SOUNDS LIKE A DREAM!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2020 4:41 AM

Would it be just TOO outrageous to ask for Beulah to return?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2020 4:43 AM

Was that for the AINT JEMIMA thread, R34?

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2020 4:45 AM

[quote] Had any visitors, other than my handyman.

I, myself, am open to consideration of certain gentlemen callers depending on who their people are.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2020 4:48 AM

I'm curious what the demographic is of those newly infected. I live in Anaheim and most of the latinos i see are not wearing mask while working or having large gatherings. I don't think it's just people forced to go back to work. They aren't taking it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2020 5:04 AM

R27 Actually, I had to do those for a friend who is in hospice in a board-and-care facility. I had to go to the cable company to return his equipment and close his account, and I had to go to the bank to deal with power of attorney and other issues. Those were unavoidable, unfortunately. A lot of the grocery shopping I've been doing (online/pickup/delivery) is for him as well, as he doesn't like the food they give him. But I can't even go inside to see him--they have it locked down except for essential visitors. So I just drop the food off at the front door.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2020 5:07 AM

R37, see R16, R17, R22, and R23.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2020 5:08 AM

That is so kind of you - Be safe R38!🙏

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2020 5:10 AM

Yeah, R38, you're an ace. Take care and be safe.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2020 5:11 AM

A few thousand cases in a population of 40 million. Time to panic!

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2020 5:24 AM

I still can’t get over butt state

by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2020 5:25 AM

R42, only seeing the trees for the forest. And in CA, as you know, a whole forest burns down because of individual trees.

by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2020 5:26 AM

Millions of people are going to die in the US. Donald Trump is a murderer. Canada has 9,000 deaths and just over 100,000 cases. Because they shut the whole country down, and the populace is not as moronic as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2020 5:28 AM

Not defending Trump but Canada's population is equal to the size of California and the number of deaths in the two is about the same.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2020 5:35 AM

R42 You’re obviously a troll but this is the early stages of a huge spike from a state who did the right thing.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2020 5:40 AM

[quote]Where are the cases happening? Look it up by zip code if you can.

Stark difference between the Bay counties and the rest of California.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2020 12:09 PM

by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2020 3:44 PM

Don't rest on your laurels, Bay Area.

Inner Bay (SF, Alameda, San Mateo) are just reopening. Alameda Co. here. Even with the highest numbers in the region, we reopened retail and outdoor dining last weekend. Social distancing in theory but not in practice. Same as SF where I have gone in from time to time to pick up work. 90% masks at least, in SF more like 40%.

Don't get me started on cleanliness. Bay Area residents and establishments have developed a low threshold for "clean."

Yeah, we're going to hold off on unnecessary excursions for a while.

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2020 4:20 PM

Is there any sense of how dangerous it is in the more touristy parts of SoCal? I've been waiting all summer to head down to SoCal from Canada, but it looks like the border will be shut for quite a while longer. Even though there are lots of cases in California, is this mainly in care homes, meat packing plants, etc? Are the beach areas of LA and SD fairly safe if you just stay in a hotel and stay away from bars?

by Anonymousreply 51June 28, 2020 9:12 PM

R51 LA County (and several others) just had bars closed again this afternoon due to spikes. The other counties are in the Central Valley. If anything, this suggests that the problems are with Latino communities who have been hardest hit in CA. They also form a huge sector of essential workers and have the least protection and voice from employers.

We are heading to So Cal in September, nonetheless, to focus on outdoor related activities. We are driving from SF.

If Canadians were allowed to return, I think you would be fine as long as you take sensible precautions and yes avoid the bars.

by Anonymousreply 52June 28, 2020 9:27 PM

One of its problems is that it is ringed by states that have not been handling the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 53June 28, 2020 9:38 PM

It's time to reopen the gym, I am so fed up with having to shower at home and paying the higher utility bill.

by Anonymousreply 54June 28, 2020 9:39 PM

Someone get some deodorant and a tiny violin for R54

by Anonymousreply 55June 28, 2020 9:42 PM

It doesn’t matter blue state or red state people are acting irresponsible everywhere. The lock down worked way too well and lulled people into a false sense of security. Yes we are entitled because we want to get on with our lives and get back to normal but in acting irresponsibly we are ensuring this virus hangs around longer and at higher levels. We are also ensuring our economy is going to take a much bigger hit than it would have otherwise. I am disgusted but not shocked by my fellow citizens and their selfish behavior. You would think they were locked in a dungeon for four years the way they are acting. And the fact safety measures were turned into a Partisan thing in such a polarizing environment has doomed us. I hope they’re happy.

by Anonymousreply 56June 28, 2020 9:52 PM

But , but, Trumpie said the Coronavirus would fade by April!

by Anonymousreply 57June 28, 2020 10:11 PM

What happened 100 years, didn't the virus just go away after a while? I don't think there was ever a vaccine. Sounds like we just have to wait it out for a while and then everything will be ok.

by Anonymousreply 58June 28, 2020 10:26 PM

[quote]LA County (and several others) just had bars closed again this afternoon due to spikes. The other counties are in the Central Valley.

Not exactly.

[quote]The decision, a sign of growing concern about new COVID-19 cases, was announced in a statement issued by the governor’s state public health director, Dr. Sonia Angell. Bars in seven counties are immediately affected by the state order: Los Angeles, Fresno, Kern, San Joaquin, Tulare, Kings and Imperial. Eight other counties have been asked by state officials to issue local health orders closing bars: Contra Costa, Santa Clara, Sacramento, Riverside, San Bernardino, Ventura, Santa Barbara and Stanislaus.

by Anonymousreply 59June 28, 2020 10:41 PM

R59 please read and confirm what was written in R58. What exactly was inaccurate?

by Anonymousreply 60June 28, 2020 10:55 PM

Closing California bars? What about Tom Tom? Where will I get my silly pretentious drinks?

by Anonymousreply 61June 28, 2020 10:59 PM

We do have more cases here in SF but the hospital beds are not impacted too much. People who are hospitalized seem to also have milder course than earlier wave, and none of the COVID-19 patients in our hospitals have died from this wave that I know of. Interestingly enough we had 2 pregnant and postpartum moms who tested positive and were hospitalized as precaution since they were asymptomatic. The babies were in the ICN also for testing and precautions.

by Anonymousreply 62June 28, 2020 11:02 PM

Ffs why are masks such an issue for Americans? Nobody here is complaining so much. It's mask or fine when inside and in proximity to others.

by Anonymousreply 63June 28, 2020 11:18 PM

r60 OK, challenge accepted.

1. Imperial County is nowhere near the Central Valley.

2. The last sentence of my post shows that eight more counties --six of which are NOT in the Central Valley -- have been asked to shut down their bars as well.

by Anonymousreply 64June 28, 2020 11:31 PM

R64 Mary please get off your high horse.

ONE county, admittedly like the others (save for LA) which has a huge Latino population and and demographics.

Nothing mentioned about "being asked to shut down" as that means nothing unless they are shut down.

You and tiresome grammar and spelling queens need to get laid.

by Anonymousreply 65June 28, 2020 11:43 PM

My folks are in SoCal, in LA's SF valley. They used to go to Vallarta when my mom wanted to cook Mexican food and now they avoid Hispanic and Persian areas (also great markets) like the plague because NOBODY distances or wears a mask. The kids are running rampant all over without parental control...touching everything. It is a mess. Not racist, just seeing how in some communities it is it taken seriously. The Jewish (mostly Reformed) and Russian communities are following mask rules (guess they are used to taking orders) just like the rest. But that is it.

by Anonymousreply 66June 28, 2020 11:50 PM

Closed bars in California and Texas means fewer drunk drivers. A lot less.

by Anonymousreply 67June 29, 2020 12:29 AM

[quote]You and tiresome grammar and spelling queens need to get laid.

There were no comments about grammar and spelling. Just factual errors.

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 12:55 AM

Not in my neighborhood, r66. I live in Beverlywood and I rarely see any of the Hasidic Jews wearing masks.

I'm pissed about the spike. Everyone I know has been sheltering in place with the exception of work or grocery trips. This sucks but I'm not shocked. The young people next door have continued to throw parties since April.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 1:16 AM

R69 - that is no surprise. The Hasidic Jews are the pits about wearing masks and out here, Persians still have parties with TONS of guests, every night.

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 1:18 AM

The world is watching the U.S. in horror.

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 1:18 AM

[quote]Closed bars in California and Texas means fewer drunk drivers. A lot less.

Guess again.

[quote]Texas rushes to open up liquor laws as state closes up again

[quote]TABC issues new industry rules; Drinks not allowed in cup holders

[quote]Sure, you can already buy a margarita kit from your local Tex-Mex spot — but state alcohol laws just changed to allow the pick-up and delivery of pre-mixed drinks. It could be a crucial revenue stream as bars shut down once more and restaurants have to scale back.

I remember when we had an open-container law.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]The world is watching the U.S. in horror.

To be fair, they've been doing that since November, 2016.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 1:49 AM

[quote] What happened 100 years, didn't the virus just go away after a while? I don't think there was ever a vaccine. Sounds like we just have to wait it out for a while and then everything will be ok.

They acquired herd immunity

That means it had to infect 28% of all Americans (between 500,000 and 850,000 died). Back then the population was about 105 million people

We now have 362.2 Million people. So basically 2.5 - 3 million Americans will have to die of Covid.

The longer the virus is out there, the more it can mutate. That makes finding a vaccine so much harder

by Anonymousreply 74June 29, 2020 2:04 AM

Will the virus mutate into different strains?

by Anonymousreply 75June 29, 2020 2:07 AM

Long before 2 million die of this in rich countries, there will be treatments that knock down the viral loads. People will get it, some may even get quite sick, but the death rates will start to fall as science learn more about it and finds more molecules that can limit it's ravages on the system.

by Anonymousreply 76June 29, 2020 2:14 AM

[quote]there will be treatments that knock down the viral loads.

for the rich, and only the rich

by Anonymousreply 77June 29, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote] Is there any sense of how dangerous it is in the more touristy parts of SoCal? I've been waiting all summer to head down to SoCal from Canada, but it looks like the border will be shut for quite a while longer. Even though there are lots of cases in California, is this mainly in care homes, meat packing plants, etc? Are the beach areas of LA and SD fairly safe if you just stay in a hotel and stay away from bars?

R51, I’m a physician in a lovely community by the sea in LA county.

Not sure where in Canada you’re coming from, but the situation is different from what I understand of my colleagues where I came from (MNI/McGill Univ.).

Even as a surfer, I’ve not been near the sea most of the year; nor do I have plans to do so for the foreseeable future.

Whilst many don’t mind the risk, I continue to remain astonished at those who are astonished they contract the virus. Especially those with longer-term sequelae who experienced mild or asymtomatic disease.

As we’re seeing here, everybody is going to do what they are going to do.

Perhaps because I see the inside stories (and others remain further removed from them), travel during a global pandemic with many questions still about Covid-19 just doesn’t seem like the wisest move now.

by Anonymousreply 78June 29, 2020 2:59 AM

I'm in L A county and this spike is courtesy of the Mexican majority who doesn't give a shit about anything except their hideous music, fireworks and cerveza.

by Anonymousreply 79June 29, 2020 3:39 AM

Ugh, the delusional racists have arrived! Time to sign off for the night.✌🏻

by Anonymousreply 80June 29, 2020 3:43 AM

R79 is pretty spot on. Most of them are not at all even worried about masks and if anyone says anything, they laugh. They are in huge groups everywhere with loads of kids running around and constantly coughing, eating with their hands, no bother. Disaster. If it sounds racist, it is what we in LA see every day.

by Anonymousreply 81June 29, 2020 5:05 AM

I mentioned the same observation upthread about the hispanics I live around here in Anaheim. Absolutely non of them are wearing masks. Our neighbors both mexican have been having parties for the past three months.

by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2020 5:11 AM

I think it's just showing that were an infantile, low-IQ country.

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2020 5:15 AM

oh dear r83

by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2020 5:23 AM

This is because they are not social distancing and the masks are not really that effective. The part that really works is the social distancing.

The people who are not wearing face masks, are also NOT social distancing. They are spreading the corona v.

If you are vulnerable and you are social distancing, and you wear face mask in a store (for a limited period of time) that also uses social distance. Then, you lower the risk in that instance. But, if your moron children or neighbors show up, you get another likelihood of exposure each time you interact with a non medical personal. Higher likelihood if they are psychos.

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2020 5:36 AM

R82 Do Mexicans do anything besides have parties and run wild?

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2020 5:38 AM

Hey Racists,

You do not get to attack a culture and people that gave the world Margaritas and Pinatas!

ENOUGH!

by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2020 5:53 AM

We have Mexico and Canada on our boarder. Who the fuck do you have: Russia, Iran, China?

We are Happy, and complete safe. HAHA

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2020 5:56 AM

R82 - my roommate had a boyfriend from Spain who was also working here at our company. This man had worked at the Mexico office as a manager and a Mexican girl told him she couldn't get pregnant, no need for birth control. Of course she got pregnant and her brother, who had killed his wife in a crime of passion, essentially forced this man to take her to Spain. She and her spawn took up residence in his apartment in Spain while he worked like hell here with us. The woman did nothing all day and claimed to have lost her work permit and was screwing every guy she met in Spain. My roommate liked him because she saw him as a victim while, unbeknownst to her, his ex was poisoning his mind against her because she is American and threatening to take the baby away to Mexico if he kept talking to "that white American bitch" (my roommate is half American, half Romanian and just really cool). Well my roommate dumped the abusive asshole only to find out the bitch had screwed around all over Madrid and gave both his mom and brother coronavirus and wouldn't wear a mask and got fined by the authorities there 2 times for breaking quarantine to go screw around. A man I briefly hooked up with said that in Barcelona none of the workers from Latin America would wear masks, only the ones from smaller towns in Spain, Israelis, Eastern European laborers, and the Hispanics yelled racism about mask wearing.

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2020 6:15 AM

Imagine, if we had russia, iran or north korea on our board? Americans, hit the jack pot. Mexico and Canada are both vacation locations.

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2020 6:21 AM

No and No. Stay home R51

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2020 6:31 AM

[R89] While my friend told me that you are a moron and lack basic geographic knowledge, and I concur.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2020 6:34 AM

I see plenty of white deplorables not wearing masks. Some even run our country. Pence was at a Dallas church wear the huge almost all white choir were not wearing masks. White deplorables have made it their mission not to wear masks. So Latinos are in good company. Or bad company.

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2020 6:43 AM

Where

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2020 6:44 AM

R93 - safe to say that it is the less educated or the indoctrinated.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2020 6:54 AM

I’ve seen bars packed with white people not wearing masks or social distancing. There are plenty to blame and dumbasses of all races and creeds.

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2020 6:56 AM

R93, Yes, and it seems in every grocery store, whites are losing their shit over mask-wearing. It's a daily occurrence.

But it's not just them. I have Hispanics living across the way who don't bother wearing masks and they had a huge party on Mother's Day back in May. They, like any other race, simply are either stupid, or don't care.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2020 6:57 AM

I think many of these people think it happens to “those other people”.

They deny and ignore it. It doesn’t happen to them.

Until it does.

Then there is regret....and guilt when a loved one becomes more ill. Then what follows is often tears and gnashing about.

It’s a pattern.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2020 7:05 AM

I was in an LA supermarket on Friday, not the infamous one sadly, and counted at least 6 people wearing their masks under their noses. Fucking idiots

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2020 3:44 PM

What? Mass protests might have been a bad idea?

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2020 3:46 PM

Palisades Park in Santa Monica on Saturday was a nightmare. No masks and chin masks.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2020 6:19 PM

r75, it's already mutated- the Wuhan Strain, The Italian Strain, and the Chicago Strain via China

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2020 6:27 PM

The seeds of the latest surge in coronavirus cases in California appear to have been planted around Memorial Day.

It would take a few weeks of incubation. But it’s now clear that Memorial Day was the beginning of something. A Los Angeles Times analysis has found that new coronavirus hospitalizations in California began accelerating around June 15 at a rate not seen since early April.

A Times analysis found that as of Sunday, 5.9% of coronavirus test results received over the last week are positive. That’s a significant jump from the figure the previous week, when it was 4.8%.

The rate is even worse in Los Angeles County: As of Sunday, the seven-day average of coronavirus tests being confirmed as positive was 8.7%. Two weeks ago, it was 5.8%.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2020 7:35 PM

R25 what about loads? Have you taken any, have you missed the sweet taste of man cream, given any to respectable mask wearing Covid free whores?

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2020 8:35 PM

R48 that’s cause us we got our shit together up here in the Bay Area. We’re smart and know what we are doing. Take that shit hole LA county.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2020 8:41 PM

Los Angeles County health officials issued a dire warning Monday that conditions amid the COVID-19 pandemic are deteriorating rapidly and the highly contagious virus is spreading swiftly in the nation’s most populous county.

They said they are now faced with one of their biggest fears: that the reopening of L.A. County would coincide with sudden jumps in disease transmission that have the potential to overwhelm public and private hospitals.

Barbara Ferrer, the director of public health for L.A. County, said that new data show “alarming increases in cases, positivity rates and hospitalization.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2020 8:47 PM

California hospitalizations up 43%, ICUs 37% over last few weeks. Positivity rate has climbed from under 5% to 5.5%. "Very troubling," says Gov. Gavin Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2020 8:52 PM

Florida (and Texas) are even worse, but they are hiding it until after 4th of July...

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2020 9:00 PM

L.A. County coronavirus cases surge past 100,000 with record high one-day tally

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2020 10:08 PM

So will L.A go back into lockdown? I think it should.

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2020 10:40 PM

We reopened WAY too soon. Pisses me off.

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2020 10:44 PM

As bad as businesses and individuals want to reopen and return to normal, it has to be done scientifically, logically and using proper precaution. in NYC people are already going around without masks and not properly social distancing. I believe masks in public and when in close proximity should remain until perhaps September, or at least until Phase 4 kicks in.

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2020 10:54 PM

There were mass protests in NYC, R100. There have been no massive spike, or any spike, in NYC since the protests. In fact, there have not been spikes in recorded anywhere due to the mass protests.

The spikes are being seen in states that opened up prematurely--businesses, restaurants, bars, etc.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2020 11:29 PM

R25 took a load during a "visit" from his "handyman."

R25, there is no danger in ordering take out. I live in NYC and I've ordered takeout (from only about 7 places) since at least early May. I've been fine. Mostly, I order grocery delivery or make a rare expedition to my neighborhood grocery store.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2020 11:35 PM

It was the protests and the re-opening but mostly it was people got complacent and then bored with it all. We just all wished it away. This has been the longest national crisis in anyone's lifetime and we're failing.

by Anonymousreply 115June 29, 2020 11:43 PM

R115, it was NOT the protests. How do you explain the fact there has been no spike in NYC in the four weeks since the protests?

by Anonymousreply 116June 29, 2020 11:45 PM

Reopening too soon and too fast with stupid govs and people is what did it.

by Anonymousreply 117June 29, 2020 11:48 PM

Agree, R117. I said almost the same thing above because that's exactly what did it.

by Anonymousreply 118June 29, 2020 11:51 PM

R114 I think R25 only wishes. No handyman is getting near those mismatched earrings with a yellow caftan.

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2020 12:40 AM

It's bad enough that all the summer festivals, concerts, sports, movies have been cancelled, but you can't expect people to stay in their homes like hermits indefinitely!

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2020 1:54 AM

R120 doesn't seem to understand that not being hermits does not mean no practice of social distancing. There are many ways not to be a hermit that don't mean cramming oneself alongside dozens or hundreds of others with no masks.

This is the kind of entitled stupidity that causes spikes--and deaths.

Too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2020 2:25 AM

Fox LA:

L.A. County Sheriff Alex Villanueva says he will NOT enforce the beach closure order for 4th of July weekend. Says LASD was not consulted, and they'll only enforce closing parking lots/traffic on PCH. Says "We are Care First, Jail Last" in shot at county.

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2020 3:04 AM

LA Times: How did CA go from coronavirus hero to zero?

The weekend after bars reopened in LA County, 500,000 people visited nightspots. Half the restaurants inspectors visited weren’t complying w health rules.

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2020 3:08 AM

R116 Most New Yorkers have already been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2020 3:08 AM

Bullshit R124. A lot of New Yorkers tested negative for the virus and antibodies.

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2020 3:12 AM

We need to shut down the county. If we would have done that in the beginning, we could have stop this virus. The Republicans CAUSED this country wide epidemic. Also, the pandemic. They are not doing anything that actually prevents the spread.

Stay at home orders.

Social distancing when you have to deal with someone.

Infectious disease control procedures for medical.

How the fuck do you go to a restaurant and eat with a face mask on?

You CAN"T. These Republican scum are just lying and trying to get around Public Health Measures that are actually WORKING.

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2020 3:12 AM

And smart people do an about face when they fuck-up to save themselves. Not Trump and his Republican/deplorable scum. They just dig the grave even deeper...

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2020 3:17 AM

R125 is right: R124, you are COMPLETELY making up shit. There is not shred of proof in your ridiculous made-up claim. Are you a liar or merely a moron? I suppose you've also fucked Timothee Chalamet, too? LMFAO!

by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2020 3:33 AM

There are stores that are not even cleaning their stores, let alone taking any other public health measure. These are big spreaders in the community. WalMart is basically Petri-Mart.

by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2020 3:37 AM

It's also possible that at least [italic]some[/italic] of the spread of coronavirus is deliberate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2020 3:43 AM

R115 Exactly, people got soft and lazy and lost both their discipline and determination over the past 100 years (the last pandemic). Nobody these days can handle anything and stick with it Asking people to practice social distancing, wear a mask and stay home, might as well have been asking people to go to the moon and self isolate for a year. Nobody has that level of commitment.

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2020 4:05 AM

[quote] [R125] is right: [R124], you are COMPLETELY making up shit. There is not shred of proof in your ridiculous made-up claim.

It was determined back in early May that 20% of New Yorkers tested positive for anitbodies. Curiously, there hasn't been any updated study due to fears that the results of these tests are unreliable and can lead to false positives. However, given the time frame, New York's limited reopening in early June, and lack of social distancing, it's safe to assume that many more have been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2020 4:33 AM

^Many is different from most.

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2020 4:39 AM

Exactly, R133. And r134, you still haven't offered anything but conjecture. Of course, New York corona cases have dropped to such an extent it went from being the epicenter of the virus to flattening the curve.

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2020 5:07 AM

R134 above is obviously meant to be R132.

by Anonymousreply 135June 30, 2020 5:09 AM

r7, Right. Ppl are acting like things should have stayed locked down. The lock down was never about hoping they'd find a cure in 3 months, it was about planning, and having the medical readiness to combat this shit without hospitals being overwhelmed, etc. This isn't a hollywood movie; with no cure or vaccine life must go on. Practice social distance, but life must go on. Did political no life losers think we were going to be in lock down for the rest of the year.

Things opening back up coupled with way more testing only makes sense the numbers would increase dramatically.

by Anonymousreply 136June 30, 2020 5:12 AM

The gays are not being careful and about to spread it everywhere. I hope these Pride events and the upcoming July 4th weekend don't turn into super-spreader events.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 30, 2020 5:13 AM

Also, all these fkin protesters are acting like Corona was not even a thing anymore. As tragic as George Floyd was, and as needed as police reform is, its sad that no one in Hollywood had the balls to call out all the hypocrisy and selfishness of it all. But thats America for you.

by Anonymousreply 138June 30, 2020 5:16 AM

What are you talking about, R138? The majority of protesters wore masks, which proves they certainly WERE acting like corona was still a thing. The people who act like corona isn't a thing are the ones NOT social distancing, NOT wearing masks, crowding into bars--the ones who creating a spike in newly opened states.

You're embarrassingly ill informed.

by Anonymousreply 139June 30, 2020 5:21 AM

r139, Even if they are were wearing masks, they were out in public, close together. You cannot be that thick in the head.

by Anonymousreply 140June 30, 2020 5:23 AM

Moron R140, there has been no proven spike in the last month related to the protests. In fact, in NYC, where there were thousands protesting, there is a flattening of the curve. FOH.

by Anonymousreply 141June 30, 2020 5:26 AM

R140 doesn't realize there is a difference between being outdoors, wearing masks, and not on top of one another, and being unmasked and crowding inches from one another WHILE indoors in a bar or restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 142June 30, 2020 5:28 AM

R140...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 30, 2020 5:30 AM

Riverside County ICUs at 99% capacity. You in danger, Palm Springs gurls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144June 30, 2020 5:32 AM

R142 yes you had people crawling all over each other in restaurants with limited capacity. Why can’t you just admit that regardless of the outcome, most protesters were aware they were engaging in risky behavior while others were not?

by Anonymousreply 145June 30, 2020 5:38 AM

R145, why don't you just admit protesters wearing masks were behaving more responsibly than maskless fools crowding into bars today? It's obvious who's really putting people at risk--where you see spikes happening, and they're NOT related to protests.

At R144, there's a link of a CBS news report of studies that proved the protests did not cause an uptick in the virus. Why don't you read it and educate yourself, R145?

by Anonymousreply 146June 30, 2020 5:43 AM

Sorry, that link to the CBS report is at R143.

by Anonymousreply 147June 30, 2020 5:44 AM

There is a SPIKE in Cases, including hospitalizations and death. That stupid article is WRONG. The virus does not know if you are at a BLM protest, a Klan Karen meeting or at a pool party, these are ALL spreading events. That is, the likelihood of people being there with corona virus and infecting others is HIGH.

by Anonymousreply 148June 30, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote] Many is different from most.

The number of positive in cases, of which there is a much greater concentration in the big cities, would make containment measures impossible to enforce. The flattening of the curve, despite limited reopening, lax social distancing, and large gatherings of protestors seem to indicate that there has been mass exposure, at least among those who are the least vulnerable. However, it's true that not enough concrete data is available, but there is enough to presume that facts are being manipulated in order to pursue an agenda.

by Anonymousreply 149June 30, 2020 6:37 AM

"That stupid article is WRONG." Sure, Jan R148.

Poor dumb R148. There is a spike in cases in states that prematurely opened. NY (once the epicenter) has experienced a flattening of the curve where there were thousands of protests of mask-wearing individuals. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THAT, R148?

by Anonymousreply 150June 30, 2020 12:11 PM

"seem to indicate that there has been mass exposure"

Without proof you're doing nothing but conjecturing, R149.

"However, it's true that not enough concrete data is available, but there is enough to presume that facts are being manipulated in order to pursue an agenda."

Sorry, but another "Sure, Jan" is in order for the conspiracy theorist R149.

by Anonymousreply 151June 30, 2020 12:14 PM

R142, OK agreed I may have been wrong. I am just thrilled that things have opened back up. I bet depression and suicide rates have skyrocketed in the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 152June 30, 2020 12:38 PM

[quote]I bet depression and suicide rates have skyrocketed in the past few months.

Republicans, always so worried about mental health. Ex-Obama health care head Andy Slavitt yesterday:

Pence yesterday shrouded his focus on the cost in fake concern for people’s mental health, suicide & drug addiction.

How do I know it’s “fake concern?” Because mental health is always the GOP head fake.

School shooting: It’s not the guns, it’s mental health.

Can’t open the economy: mental health.

Great! So let’s fund mental health???

Um, no.

by Anonymousreply 153June 30, 2020 12:41 PM

R153, I am not a fkin republican. I will never be put in a fkin box bitch. Never. Bidden 2020.

by Anonymousreply 154June 30, 2020 12:42 PM

"Bidden 2020."

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 155June 30, 2020 12:43 PM

R155, Yes my bad typo. But I am a real human being, and I don't politicize every aspect of my life.

by Anonymousreply 156June 30, 2020 12:44 PM

[quote]I am not a fkin republican.

I know, it's just a coincidence that you spout RNC talking points.

by Anonymousreply 157June 30, 2020 12:45 PM

R144 Hey Palm Springs Eldergays, be very very careful, or else the end could be right around the corner. Be afraid gurl, be very very afraid. The Gay Grim Reaper is out and about and fabulous and looking to score.

by Anonymousreply 158June 30, 2020 11:50 PM

R158 - the Gay G-rim R-eater...there fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 159July 1, 2020 12:03 AM

California would shield public health officers' home addresses under new legislation that emerged Tuesday after the long-unknown officials faced death threats this year for imposing coronavirus requirements.

Health officials struggling to contain the coronavirus have at times faced an intense backlash in California, including death threats and protests outside their homes for imposing or keeping restrictions. Most recently, Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer went public last week with a series of physical threats she has received for maintaining a stay-at-home order for 10 million residents.

Others have resigned in the face of public pressure, as Orange County's Nichole Quick did this month after facing personal threats for imposing a face covering order.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160July 1, 2020 12:29 PM

^^They need to do more than shield addresses, they need to track down anyone who makes such a threat and jail them.

by Anonymousreply 161July 1, 2020 12:29 PM

I live in California and since we had the opening of restaurants and bars and people can get their nails done, no one is wearing a mask anymore. Yeah they put it on to go in the grocery store but most have been like this shit is over and now we can go back to how it was before March. Now instead of behaving responsibly, keeping distance and wearing masks, we are back in the house because we suck.

by Anonymousreply 162July 1, 2020 1:42 PM

I was grocery shopping last week and counted at least 6 people wearing the masks under the noses

by Anonymousreply 163July 1, 2020 6:27 PM

BREAKING: All Orange County bars that do not offer dine in service are ordered to close by midnight tonight per new health order from the County.

by Anonymousreply 164July 1, 2020 6:50 PM

NEW: CA coronavirus daily case count smashes record again, reaching 9740 in a single day. The previous high was 7149 set 1 week ago.

In the past day, 110 people died as a result of #COVID19. California has not seen that many deaths since April when 115 died in a single day.

by Anonymousreply 165July 1, 2020 6:50 PM

Gov. Newsom orders closure of indoor restaurants, wineries, tasting rooms, family entertainment centers, movie theaters, zoos, museums and cardrooms in 19 CA counties, for at least three weeks.

by Anonymousreply 166July 1, 2020 7:11 PM

Way to go, guys. All of your irresponsibility is causing everything to shut down again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 1, 2020 7:29 PM

Wasn't California doing well when NY was going through hell? What happened? Did Newsom open too soon/too quickly?

by Anonymousreply 168July 1, 2020 7:32 PM

R168: Yes

by Anonymousreply 169July 1, 2020 7:33 PM

I don't know if he opened too quickly or if people were too irresponsible about following the rules. (Or some combination of both.)

by Anonymousreply 170July 1, 2020 9:11 PM

[quote]Disaster. If it sounds racist, it is what we in LA see every day.

And being illegals, they won't affect the vote in November.

by Anonymousreply 171July 1, 2020 9:51 PM

The thing about “reopening”, how is this any different from just letting it rip, last March, with no “closing”? I get that there was concern about overwhelming our healthcare resources, but now that, hopefully, we are fully stocked, isn’t that just what reopening does?

by Anonymousreply 172July 1, 2020 10:19 PM

The biggest states, the ones that could afford it, should have done a cold-blooded analysis of the cost-benefit over closing and reopening.

Even if the economy reopens, people aren’t going to go shopping at the mall if there’s a 10% chance that it’s deadly to do so. Not that it is now, but I mean for example. Ditto for people working there. And not just malls, but everything. Once they had a rough cost benefit analysis, they could better make decisions. For example, suppose they find that there is no economic benefit to keeping things open. Suppose they conclude that people will be so spooked, that they’ll voluntarily stop shopping, though after lots of deaths. And people will voluntarily stop working and commuting and flying. Add in the costs of medical care and hospice care. Etc. Maybe, we don’t even have to weigh the human cost, because the economic cost is so dire.

If the results aren’t that obvious, then it takes more analysis. I know the public would be freaked out, as if human lives were weighed against the value of each corpse, but governments do this all the time in warfare, though gingerly.

by Anonymousreply 173July 1, 2020 10:30 PM

The people who are advocating for no PH measures (social distance), I want them to stay the fuck away from me for LIFE.

People who are having trouble breathing in face masks, it's going to get worse in the Summer.heat.

We should have shut the whole country down and starve the virus from humans.

I hate Republicans in office for this. This is mass murder of Americans. Putin ass-licking scum, TRAITORS!

Vote ALL Republicans OUT of office for this.

by Anonymousreply 174July 2, 2020 10:28 AM

The University of Southern California releases plans for the fall semester.

• Online courses primarily/exclusively

• On-campus housing and activities limited

• USC is urging students to reconsider living on or near the campus.

by Anonymousreply 175July 2, 2020 11:02 AM

r170 Totally agree. Further, don't think a staggered reopening & closure are going to cut it in such a large diverse state, since there are no inter-county travel barriers

by Anonymousreply 176July 2, 2020 11:30 AM

[quote]San Francisco Chronicle: More than 40 South Bay school principals are in quarantine after being exposed to COVID-19 during an in-person meeting to plan the reopening of schools.

Maybe it's time to rethink that fall opening plan.

by Anonymousreply 177July 2, 2020 9:58 PM

Send 'em all to Montana. Fresh air and sunshine'll do 'em good.

by Anonymousreply 178July 2, 2020 10:27 PM

R174, it’s been in the hundreds here almost every day. Yes it’s hot. Yes, breathing into a mask makes your face sweat after just a few minutes. But most places are air conditioned, and if you’re outside, you’re only outside a few minutes. Walk slower.

People have to just accept that it’s uncomfortable and get on with it. The people I really feel sorry for is medical personnel who absolutely can’t take their masks off for hours and have to push heavy stretchers. Or hospital beds with wheels. Those people have it rough.

by Anonymousreply 179July 2, 2020 10:30 PM

$300 fine for not wearing a mask in West Hollywood starting today! Santa Monica is also fining people.

by Anonymousreply 180July 3, 2020 3:06 PM

R180 - and there lies the fucking problem. Other countries were fining people for breaking lockdown or for not wearing masks or not following quarantine rules.

US? Well, we had a mask mandate but every single enforcement agency has said they will not enforce it.

If everyone work masks and we had penalties for it, we could get past this. But noooooo.

West Hollywood please lead the way. NOBODY else is.

by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2020 3:11 PM

Alhambra reports (but it's unconfirmed) that these grocery stores reported outbreaks at their stores:

Inglewood Costco

Torrence Costco

DTLA Food for Less

Ralph's 90035

Arcadia Vons

West Hollywood Whole Foods

by Anonymousreply 182July 3, 2020 3:25 PM

Good! Fine these fuckers. That's the only way to get them to do the right thing--force them. Entitled cunt Americans.

by Anonymousreply 183July 3, 2020 3:55 PM

Survival of the fittest. I'm tired at this point. Just let this shit spread. Eldergays, have your grand kids or young whores deliver everything to you.

by Anonymousreply 184July 3, 2020 4:09 PM

Typical stupid American attitude at R184--"Wah wah wah, I'm tired of this, so let it spread and let a lotta people die BECAUSE I'M BORED!!!"

by Anonymousreply 185July 3, 2020 4:14 PM

Oh, and also let's tax our already exhausted health care workers by adding cases BECAUSE I'M BORED!!!

by Anonymousreply 186July 3, 2020 4:15 PM

This is what happens when stupid, entitled Americans are too impatient to do the easiest thing in the world and abide by medical authorities, which told us what to do to avoid spikes. But no.

by Anonymousreply 187July 3, 2020 4:22 PM

r187, I don't care. Enough is enough. This can't be the new new normal. Many European countries never shut down, and are doing alright.

by Anonymousreply 188July 3, 2020 4:26 PM

Clearly you don't care, R187. You have your hands over your ears and you're saying 'WAH WAH WAH!"

And those many European countries you speak of imposed a lockdown whereby NO ONE could go out for months. We didn't do that here because "freedom."

Americans like you--too dumb to live.

by Anonymousreply 189July 3, 2020 4:29 PM

"Many European countries never shut down, and are doing alright."

Italy, R188? The UK? Spain? Germany? They all locked down. Where do you get your "information" from? Or were you just asleep the last four months?

By the way, China locked its people the fuck down. It worked.

by Anonymousreply 190July 3, 2020 4:31 PM

Oh, and France, R188. France also locked down.

by Anonymousreply 191July 3, 2020 4:32 PM

I can't believe they cancelled the fireworks where I live. That is just a crazy overreaction. Life goes on! Are they going to cancel Christmas too?

by Anonymousreply 192July 3, 2020 4:34 PM

I can't believe they cancelled the fireworks where I live. That is just a crazy overreaction. Life goes on! Are they going to cancel Christmas too?

by Anonymousreply 193July 3, 2020 4:34 PM

Fireworks displays=huge crowds of people congregating, stupid R193. There are spikes going around all over the country.

Yet another American too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 194July 3, 2020 4:37 PM

Why is it easier to tell people to wear face coverings yet not tell people where to get them, or who is handing them out?

I have not seen anyone post where to get face shields, for example., perhaps because that would be helpful advice.

by Anonymousreply 195July 3, 2020 4:40 PM

You can't Google that information yourself, R195? You need a gay gossip board to tell you?

Because YOU CAN'T FIND THAT INFORMATION ANYWHERE ON GOOGLE!!!

by Anonymousreply 196July 3, 2020 4:42 PM

R195, I've seen old people walking around wearing shields. Somehow, they managed to find out how to get them.

What's your excuse?

by Anonymousreply 197July 3, 2020 4:42 PM

"I don't care."--R188

R188 doesn't care about healthcare workers.

Why don't you tell them that to their faces, you selfish cunt?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198July 3, 2020 4:51 PM

I've seen homeless people and crazy people (talking to the wall) with face masks and gloves. No fucking excuse!

by Anonymousreply 199July 3, 2020 4:54 PM

Homeless and crazy people, because of their history, probably don't feel the air of entitlement stupid, lucky, privileged Americans feels is their fucking birthright.

by Anonymousreply 200July 3, 2020 4:56 PM

*Americans feel

by Anonymousreply 201July 3, 2020 4:56 PM

what this tells me is that asking people is not the way to find where these face coverings are sold.

I asked why it's easier to tell people to do something, than to give them information that will help them to do it.

The inference of these non-answers is that the preponderance of Americans here are bossy, ignorant morons.

by Anonymousreply 202July 3, 2020 5:06 PM

R202, you really don't know to find where these things are sold? Have you heard of Google? Amazon?

Can you tie your shoes?

by Anonymousreply 203July 3, 2020 5:08 PM

r195 my excuse is that I am a shut-in, and i can't ask people i don't see where they get face shields. i have been a shut-in since March, before that masks were completely sold out and back-ordered in stores. Asking online seemed sensible, but you and other dimwits seem to think that it isn't sensible to ask people online how to get things.

Are you all required to order on Amazon and wait for your items? Are they not sold in stores? Isn't it faster and better to get them without giving Jeff Bezos money he won't spend on his employees?

by Anonymousreply 204July 3, 2020 5:10 PM

And by the way, telling you to go to Google and Amazon is an answer, R202.

by Anonymousreply 205July 3, 2020 5:11 PM

R204, being a shut-in doesn't make you incapable of using a computer, dimwit.

by Anonymousreply 206July 3, 2020 5:12 PM

R167 this is why we can’t have nice things

by Anonymousreply 207July 3, 2020 5:12 PM

R204, if you're a shut-in, why do you need a shield?

by Anonymousreply 208July 3, 2020 5:14 PM

r202 still applies.

dimwit at r204, what do you think I am using to post here? If these are not available in stores for in-person pickup just say so.

All you and other dimwits have given are proof that it's easier to tell someone to do something than to give them info that would help them do it.

This demonstration of limited group consciousness is why your nation has a pandemic crisis unmatched by others.

by Anonymousreply 209July 3, 2020 5:15 PM

R180 interesting, what about if my hole isn’t covered. Is that punishable in WeHo too.

by Anonymousreply 210July 3, 2020 5:18 PM

R209, did I suggest you didn't have a computer? If you don't know how to use it, your problem.

And I live in NYC, hunty--we got it together and handled our crisis and now we're seeing a flattening of the curve. So go fuck yourself.

And good luck with finding a shield--will you need someone to come over and show you to put it on, dimwit?

by Anonymousreply 211July 3, 2020 5:20 PM

This is the problem California officials now face as they deal with a major surge in coronavirus cases tied to business reopenings, social gatherings and other factors, and hospitals are becoming increasingly crowded. As the public has become more accustomed to the pandemic, Californians have seemingly become less afraid of the highly contagious virus, even though it’s no less infectious than it was in the winter.

When California became the first state in the nation to impose a stay-at-home order on March 19, people listened.

California emerged months later a seeming coronavirus success story, with far fewer deaths than in other hot spots. But those bragging rights also brought complacency, and a demand that we return to old routines that could revive the devastated economy. Eventually, coronavirus cases and hospitalizations started rising rapidly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212July 3, 2020 5:32 PM

I blame the fucking deplorables that were protesting to reopen California. They scared the governor and he reopened too soom.

Time to shut down again, and then probably reopen in 2 months.

by Anonymousreply 213July 3, 2020 7:10 PM

we need to shut down the country. Stay at home orders. But, it has to be done for PH and not for trump. Nobody trusts trump/republicans either.

just Vote ALL Republicans OUT of office for this. Noting is going to get better until they are kicked to the curb by the American people.

by Anonymousreply 214July 3, 2020 7:54 PM

[quote] R192: I can't believe they cancelled the fireworks where I live. That is just a crazy overreaction. [bold] Life goes on! [/bold] Are they going to cancel Christmas too?

R192, life does not go on for everyone. Not for about 140,000 Americans, at this point. Plus untold thousands who have been disabled by this virus. I am very curious as to how you came to hold your ideas. Are you ignorant? Stupid? Callous? Just trolling? How could you possibly state something so ridiculously detached?

And yes, they might cancel the public celebration of Christmas. It would be in the best spirit of Christmas to do so, if such a small sacrifice by the able could help alleviate the suffering of those in need.

by Anonymousreply 215July 3, 2020 9:33 PM

We are on the cusp of better treatment for those who have severe illness.

Can we just wait! I do not think a year is asking anything of the American people. This is not a sacrifice, staying at home and watch reruns and opera/plays on PBS.

Stay at home orders for all Americans, except for essential activities. We need better policies to keep our essential workers safe too.

by Anonymousreply 216July 4, 2020 6:25 AM

R204 I bought a face shield on Etsy for less than $10.

I wear goggles, a 2-layer cotton handmade mask with 3rd layer that is a filter that I cut from a logo tote bag that is made from the same non-woven material used in N95 masks , and the face shield.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217July 4, 2020 6:51 AM

I bought almost all my cotton masks on Etsy too.

by Anonymousreply 218July 4, 2020 6:52 AM

R217 ain't playin'.

by Anonymousreply 219July 4, 2020 12:51 PM

Name one European country (other than Sweden, that's Scandinavia, and by the way, they F-ed up) that did not shutdown R188. If you don't wear a mask or social distance, don't be walking into an ER to try and have your life saved by the healthcare workers people like you endanger. Take a big hike to your imaginary European country or Iran. Or try Florida, or Arizona, where you can hang out without a mask. But get out of California.

by Anonymousreply 220July 4, 2020 8:16 PM

Many corporations (including grocery store, big box store that stay open) still do not know how to employ social distancing measures for customers or employees.

There are tons of essential businesses that are not social distancing; therefore, spreading corona virus.

Face Masks may work in the general population for a few minutes, but only if they practice social distancing and other universal precautions.

Stay away from people. Still, social distance from people. You will put them at risk.

Medical Doctors are different because they are provided life saving treatment to people. Also, they are practicing high level infectious disease control protocols.

by Anonymousreply 221July 5, 2020 2:53 AM

R219 I forgot to add that I wear disposable gloves too.

by Anonymousreply 222July 5, 2020 3:39 PM

Is it super hazy in your neighborhood because of fireworks? It is here in Hollywood. Take a look at this footage from last night- 150 house fires, 30 brush fires because of these yahoos:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223July 5, 2020 5:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!