Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC - Part 17

The last thread is fast approaching 600 posts and is taking forever to open on phones.

Keep on posting about our favorite and not-so-favorite personalities, our erotic fantasies (fiddlin' David Gura is my favorite), technical mishaps, etc.

by Anonymousreply 585September 26, 2020 7:09 PM

Bumping this since the other one is full

by Anonymousreply 1June 25, 2020 4:46 PM

there's no reason why they can't hire more people to host

no one wants to see Brian Williams and Chuck Todd twice a day

I'm fine with Katy, Joy, Ali and Ari but they don't need to be filling in for the primetime anchors all the time either

why is MSNBC so cheap? I think their ratings do well enough that they can have more staff. They're part of NBC anyway so money shouldn't be a problem. I'm bored with the same old faces

by Anonymousreply 2June 25, 2020 5:46 PM

I just got home and turned on the TV in mute. Wallace looks grim and Bolton keeps running on with his walrus fat toothbrushed mouth. I'll have to deal with a recording.

by Anonymousreply 3June 25, 2020 10:04 PM

Chuck Todd has a face for radio, as does Greta VanSustern. Thank god she retired.

by Anonymousreply 4June 25, 2020 10:07 PM

Let the fuckers hire more people and tell Joy and Ali that they speak too loudly. Air is gorgeous but he could be more mean to Trump...he us way to gentle.

by Anonymousreply 5June 25, 2020 10:14 PM

Ari is hot as fuck. Love his hands.

You're all too hard on Chuck Todd.

by Anonymousreply 6June 25, 2020 10:20 PM

I like Ari; he's bright and incisive. But I can't watch his show anymore because during virtually every single discussion, he has to include a reference to some inane rap lyric: A reduction of troops in Afghanistan? "In the words of Jay-Z..." COVID-19 deaths in nursing homes? "As Drake once said..." It's become self-parody.

by Anonymousreply 7June 25, 2020 10:53 PM

I agree, R7. I like Ari, too, but all the rap references get really old really fast.

by Anonymousreply 8June 26, 2020 2:28 AM

So what are you saying r8? He's a white guy so he should stay in his place?

by Anonymousreply 9June 26, 2020 3:03 AM

You can tell at the end of her show, Rachel usually wants to get the hell out of there but Lawrence keeps her talking for several minutes. She engages him because it would look bad otherwise. I mean they're friends but he likes the cross-talk more than she does

by Anonymousreply 10June 26, 2020 5:02 AM

I like Richard Lui. Where did he go? I kind of think David Gura is like watching paint dry. But now I kind of miss him too.

The two who have replaced Richard and David on Saturday afternoon are dreadfully boring: Joshua Johnson, horrible, awful. Alicia Menendez, horrible, awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 26, 2020 5:39 AM

Alicia Menendez. She's terrible. Why did they hire her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 26, 2020 5:41 AM

Because she's Senator Menendez's daughter? Connected?

by Anonymousreply 13June 26, 2020 5:47 AM

I'll have you know Alicia Menendez is very accomplished!

Described by Fast Company as "thoughtful, smart, and seemingly unflusterable", Menendez is a frequent guest on CNN, Fox News Channel, and MSNBC. In 2011, Menendez and Adriana Maestas founded Dailygrito.com, a website that offers a Latino take on politics and media. In 2012, DailyGrito.com was acquired by Politic365.com.

Menendez co-founded Define American with Jose Antonio Vargas, Jake Brewer, and Jehmu Greene. Define American focuses on immigration reform. She served as Senior Advisor at NDN, a center-left think tank and advocacy organization in Washington, DC. Menendez is a veteran of Rock the Vote and Democracia USA. She also spent time as a television segment producer and on-air contributor for RNN TV in New York. Menendez is a former correspondent for the show Amanpour & Company on PBS. She joined MSNBC in October 2019.

At Harvard University, Menendez's senior honors thesis on women's social capital drew the attention of U.S. News & World Report and The New York Times. In 2005, The Harvard Crimson named Menendez one of the 15 most interesting members of the class of 2005 and she was selected to deliver her undergraduate commencement address.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 26, 2020 5:50 AM

Aleethia Menendeth

by Anonymousreply 15June 26, 2020 5:51 AM

did anyone see Carville talking on Brian Williams? He ended up spewing a small wad of spit on his computer camera and it stayed there for the rest of the interview as he was unaware. Disgusting lol

by Anonymousreply 16June 26, 2020 6:38 AM

(R9). Ari is an Ivy League educated lawyer. He shouldn't have to stoop to quote trashy music lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 17June 26, 2020 7:07 AM

Steve Kordorky sported a terrible dye job on Morning Joe yesterday. He must have grabbed the wrong shade of just for men off the grocery shelf. too dark

by Anonymousreply 18June 26, 2020 4:33 PM

All the hosts seem to rotate the same talking head guests. Pick your favorite host(s) and turn out when the others are on.

by Anonymousreply 19June 26, 2020 4:40 PM

It’s time for poor Andrea Mitchell to retire, rest, and look back with pride at her years of great reporting. She is now unable to coherently utter a sentence. She slurs her words and all of her words are strung together. She doesn’t know anyone’s name. Frequently forgets what she was saying. It’s very sad.

by Anonymousreply 20June 26, 2020 4:49 PM

R20, She has two options . . . hosting her MSNBC show or staying home and changing Alan Greenspan's Depends five times a day.

by Anonymousreply 21June 26, 2020 5:08 PM

Is "Up with David Gura" kaput?

by Anonymousreply 22June 26, 2020 5:09 PM

R17 Ari Melber is determined to let everyone know how *woke* he is. Woker than U!

by Anonymousreply 23June 26, 2020 9:57 PM

Ari has Ludacris on right now and I think he’s having an orgasm.

by Anonymousreply 24June 26, 2020 10:52 PM

I think Ari just needs to stop suppressing his desire to get fucked by black cock.

by Anonymousreply 25June 26, 2020 10:55 PM

a lot of the news hosts are celeb sycophants it's very annoying.

A couple weeks ago Lawrence was so giddy over Robert De Niro

by Anonymousreply 26June 26, 2020 10:56 PM

R10, was an avid watcher of both Rachel and Lawrence until Covid hit. Turned on the shows a few times this past week and, boy, does Rachel react differently during these handoffs. Before, she always engaged for a few minutes, even on nights you knew she wanted to go. But this week, she's certainly not happy and doing a bad job of hiding it. I wonder why? They are all working from home these days, so it's not like she has to run to catch a train anymore. Very noticable difference.

by Anonymousreply 27June 26, 2020 11:04 PM

R11: what is so horrible and awful, specifically.

by Anonymousreply 28June 26, 2020 11:19 PM

R17: so you're just a snob?

by Anonymousreply 29June 26, 2020 11:20 PM

R27 And Lawrence can't take a hint. Jesus, it's obvious she can barely get thru the handoffs with him. Why must he make it awkward?

by Anonymousreply 30June 26, 2020 11:49 PM

Lawrence hates that Rachel is wildly popular and that people merely endure him. He extends those handoff chats in a desperate attempt to hold on to TRMS’s viewers. He should just cut to the chase and wear a Rachel mask.

by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2020 12:04 AM

R31, Stop the hammering!

by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2020 12:08 AM

Perhaps we have the wrong idea. Maybe Lawrence doesn't really like doing the handoff chatter either but they're both being forced to do it by MSNBC brass because they know it helps boost Lawrence's numbers. He could just be better at hiding it than she is.

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2020 12:19 AM

Chris Hayes just said on his show that Donald Trump should resign.

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2020 12:26 AM

Hans Nichols, who I never really found attractive, had a beard on Morning Joe this morning. To my surprise, he looked pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2020 1:26 AM

Looking at Steve K right now filling in for Brian Williams. He has a new haircut.

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2020 3:08 AM

Steve is so cute. The new haircut is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 37June 27, 2020 3:50 AM

I get the distinct impression that Chuck Todd and Katie Tur dislike each other.

I find Joshua Johnson smart and entertaining when he's a guest on, say "MJ" to offer his opinions. Otoh, I find when he's at the anchor desk on weekends for straight reporting, he's dull.

by Anonymousreply 38June 27, 2020 1:28 PM

What is wrong with Ari lately? Guests will make very serious and cogent points and he looks unmoved, says hmmm or huh. That's it. Sometimes he looks like he is forcing himself to pay attention. He was great when dealing with legal issues, but seems uninterested now. The lame jokes and hiphop references seem especially out of place during a pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 39June 27, 2020 1:36 PM

R39, A few of my outstanding rim jobs and he'll be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 40June 27, 2020 2:23 PM

I am afraid the non-stop "Bad! Worse! Worst is Yet to Come!" atrocities generated by Orange It and his evil malAdministration/cabal are exacting a toll especially on the more sensitive among us--in this instance Rachel Maddow. There are times when, at the end of her hour, her eyes betray the soul draining effect of the preceding 60 minutes. I wish Rachel and Susan would take a two week break and just get away from it all.

Your fans worry, Rachel; please take good care of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 41June 29, 2020 4:34 PM

R39: I always got that vibe from him, which is why I stopped watching.

by Anonymousreply 42June 29, 2020 4:50 PM

Lawrence's contract won't get renewed next year. He's been off his game ever since that video surfaced of him losing his temper over some hammering.

I think Brian Williams has the best prime time show on MSNBC. He gets the best guests and he doesn't take up the first 30 minutes of every show giving a long-winded monologue like Rachel. I'd like to see Brian moved into Lawrence's slot should he be fired.

by Anonymousreply 43June 29, 2020 4:50 PM

R38: Katy Tur just seems like a bitch who doesn't vibe with anyone. However, I totally understand it if she can't stand Chuck Todd!

by Anonymousreply 44June 29, 2020 4:52 PM

Rachel likes “newsmaker” guests rather than analysts. She’s a lone pundit. Newsmakers often have nothing interesting to say. She sometimes has reporters who’ve broken news, but they typically add nothing you can’t get from reading the story. I prefer hearing other points of view.

by Anonymousreply 45June 29, 2020 5:08 PM

Nobody likes Chuck anyway but he makes me incredibly tense with his impatient and constant “yeah” “mm-hm” “uh-huh” when people are talking. He’s so rude about it.

by Anonymousreply 46June 29, 2020 6:23 PM

Brian's "11th Hour" show isn't considered "prime time." Also, Brian Williams is a Newsreader and not a Commenter like Rachel and Lawrence and Chris Hayes. That's why he jumps straight to reading the news and doesn't spend the first part of his show commenting on it. Once in a while he'll say something like "that's awful" but that's about it--a word or two of commentary between reading the TelePrompTer.

It's kind of like the old Today show. Remember when the show had Katie and Matt while Ann Curry was just the newsreader? Well, in this instance, Rachel is the "Katie" and Brian Williams is the "Ann Curry."

by Anonymousreply 47June 29, 2020 7:03 PM

Katie didn’t give opinions. The Today Show is news, not editorial.

by Anonymousreply 48June 29, 2020 7:07 PM

I've noticed that they've hired several new male hottie reporters. A new guy was reporting from Miami Beach today who looks like a male model. I hope they keep him there to report on the Florida beaches over the July 4th weekend. It's definitely made watching the daytime shows more enjoyable. Since 75% of their audience is women and gay men, it makes sense to cater to that demographic.

by Anonymousreply 49June 29, 2020 8:58 PM

R41 - Before the start of one of her shows last week - I think it was Tuesday - she mentioned she planned to take the day off to go fishing, and then a ton of stories got in the way preventing that from happening.

As a result her eyes looked "soul-draining" before she even started.

by Anonymousreply 50June 30, 2020 12:16 AM

R50, Is "fishing" code for cruising to lesbians?

by Anonymousreply 51June 30, 2020 2:01 AM

No, R51👎🏻she actaully likes to go fishing for fish with her partner.

by Anonymousreply 52June 30, 2020 2:06 AM

and I *actually* like to be able to spell

by Anonymousreply 53June 30, 2020 2:08 AM

Cutie Ned Price was just on The Last Word. Definite big dick face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 30, 2020 2:31 AM

Ned Price reminds me of the friendly alien who exchanges hand signals with Francois Trauffaut at the end of "Close Encounters of the Third Kind".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 30, 2020 2:51 AM

For the love of God, David Gura has gone from having his own show to being forced to go to Houston and stand outside and report on the lack of sufficient COVID testing. He has also changed up his haircut to have more product and a semi-fauxhawk instead of the good boy, "anchor" haircut he used to have when hosting. He looked better with the clean-cut and glasses look.

by Anonymousreply 56July 1, 2020 1:44 PM

R56 I noticed that yesterday too. Seems like a major demotion. So did that annoying Alicia Menendez take over Gura’s weekend show?

by Anonymousreply 57July 1, 2020 5:45 PM

David Gura was nice to look at on Saturday and Sunday mornings . . . but he WAS dull.

by Anonymousreply 58July 1, 2020 10:24 PM

Rachel is one pissed off lesbian tonight!

by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2020 1:13 AM

Yes R59! Watching her too!👍

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2020 1:38 AM

R56, it IS weird. But homeboy needs a job so he'll do it.

They have him and Aymin co-hosting the 10AM hour, which doesn't make sense with David in the field but, it sure is Eiffel Tower goals....

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2020 2:53 PM

MSNBC really, really fucked up their morning programming on any front. Getting "rid" of a smart, stalwart like Ali Velshi who can actually report from the street was not a good move.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2020 8:23 PM

r62 - Ali took a teaching job elsewhere and asked to be moved to the weekends. So, it was his choice.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2020 8:38 PM

Oh, thanks, R63. I didn't know. Usually, two weekday morning hours to a small unadvertised weekend show signals a certain death. Velshi's an asset any way MSNBC can get him.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2020 8:47 PM

[quote] Brian Williams is a Newsreader and not a Commenter like Rachel and Lawrence and Chris Hayes.

Brian Williams doesn't comment on the news so he doesn't accidentally claim he was there when it happened and relate stories about what happened to him that never happened.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2020 9:17 PM

MSNBC is owned by Comcast, I can't understand why they can't get a good connection to their regular guests like Donna Edwards, that won't break up. CNN owned by AT&T doesn't seem to have that problem.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2020 9:18 PM

I don't really follow these threads all that much, but have you bitches seen Sam Brock? Oh my fucking God. He showed up on my screen and I was like, you have got to be fucking kidding me. The grotesque, unspeakable things I would allow him to do me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2020 9:22 PM

^^^^AWG

by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2020 10:27 PM

Life comes at you fast.

David in Houston on Wednesday.

David in Houston on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2020 11:14 PM

Morgan Chesky has the 'rona!

[quote]Hey friends, know I’ve been a bit quieter than usual on here so figured I’d share what I’ve been up to recently. Early last week I noticed I had lost my sense of taste and smell and within a few hours started to feel surprisingly tired and a bit lightheaded. When a cough soon followed, I was fortunately able to get tested and receive my results within 24 hours. Sure enough, after covering a pandemic for the past 6 months I became a part of it when the results for Covid-19 came back positive. I spent the next several days in bed treating a dull, but constant headache, heavily fatigued, with occasional pain through my back. After hearing past patients complain of a mental fog, I found out what they meant when basic tasks seemed to become significantly harder to focus on and process. Important to note, my ability to breathe was never compromised and I never felt a fever set in. All told, it appears I’m a mild case and for that I feel incredibly blessed.

[quote]I say all this now because frankly I’ve been too tired to respond to a bunch of questions, but believe it’s crucial everyone knows my experience since this virus appears to impact everyone just a little bit differently. I know what you’re thinking, and no, I don’t know where I crossed paths with Covid-19. During its estimated incubation time, I was in multiple cities so at this point it’s anyone’s guess. What I do know is that it’s a truly unsettling feeling to wake up every day and wonder how your body will respond to a virus that we’re still learning about. Even more frustrating was being stuck in bed, watching the simple act of wearing a mask somehow become a partisan issue. We can beat this folks, but it’s absolutely going to take a team effort that starts with the proven basics to prevent this from spreading more than it already has. A special thanks to all those who have checked in on me and my NBC family for being there every step of the way. And to my Mom, who drove up from Houston to drop off Gatorade and snacks, thanks for proving the one thing we already knew, Moms are the best, but especially so in a pandemic. Much love, MC

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2020 11:50 PM

No way R68. That guy was chiseled from clay and brought to life by the gods.

by Anonymousreply 71July 3, 2020 1:09 AM

Sam Brock is superhot.

by Anonymousreply 72July 3, 2020 1:10 AM

Rachel Maddow has been sad and angry at the end of her hour for the past few weeks. I think the unchecked spread of the virus is getting to her, along with the fielty of Republicans in Congress to Trump, especially now with the lack of action about the payments to the Taliban. Her hand-off to Laurence is friendly enough.

But the hand-off between Chris Hayes and Rachel has been ice-cold for a little while now. Is there friction between them?

by Anonymousreply 73July 3, 2020 1:46 AM

What happened to Jacob Sokolof? He was a great reporter but he’s hardly on MSNBC anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74July 3, 2020 1:54 AM

I've switched to watching Chris Cuomo instead of Rachel.

She lost me with her treatment of Pete Buttigieg (she and Joy Reid were the mean girls of MSNBC determined to bring him down). I gave her another chance and found that I'm just exhausted of her Edith Piaf of the News act every night.

Cuomo is a simpleton, but he does good interviews that summarize and contextualize the day's news.

by Anonymousreply 75July 3, 2020 2:20 AM

R73, I don't see her hand-off to Hayes as ice cold, just brief and not chatty. She always says "Thanks, my friend", and she could certainly just say "Thanks, Chris" if she were at odds with him. She does chat with O'Brien at the end of her show, but he's always the one who starts it -- I get the impression that she's just being polite by not cutting him off, rather than truly interested in talking to him.

by Anonymousreply 76July 3, 2020 2:47 AM

Beto! was on O’Donnell’s show tonight. He looked greasy and sweaty.

by Anonymousreply 77July 3, 2020 2:55 AM

I think Chris knows Rachel isn't much in the mood for chatting so he lets her get right to her show. It's Lawrence who wants to keep Rachel longer

by Anonymousreply 78July 3, 2020 3:04 AM

She's said in interviews (not on her show) that she suffers from "cyclical depression", which may very well be happening lately.

by Anonymousreply 79July 3, 2020 3:22 AM

R78: ITA - I noticed that last night. Rachel was ready to leave and Lawrence wanted to hold a conversation. Even I was like "Let her leave, Lawrence!"

R73/R79: Yeah, hard to not be angry and/or depressed with this Trump/GOP/CV shitshow we are all witnessing!

by Anonymousreply 80July 3, 2020 4:03 AM

R70, I knew those deplorables would get him in Tulsa! Boo. He still looks good though (other than the drooping right eye).

by Anonymousreply 81July 3, 2020 4:07 AM

R77, A greasy and sweaty Beto works for me.

by Anonymousreply 82July 3, 2020 5:05 AM

[quote] Edith Piaf of the News.

I adore that.

by Anonymousreply 83July 3, 2020 5:17 AM

R73, I agree with R76. About a week and a half ago, Rachel was very complimentary to the way Chris had handled a guest. The times they do chat, they seem very warm and sincere. I can definitely imagine them going out for drinks after. Yet, Rachel always seems strained talking to Lawrence, being "nice" but wanting to get the hell out of there.

by Anonymousreply 84July 3, 2020 5:55 AM

Oh wow, that awful Tiffany is actually subbing for Joy Reid today. Is this her first time hosting a show?

She's terrible and that voice! I have a feeling that the network will get a LOT of complaints about her today.

Where's Zerlina?

by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2020 2:03 PM

Despite what the DL racists my say, I am actually excited to see Tiffany filling in. I like her and Kareem Jean-Pierre and I was hoping to get the opportunity to see one of them host....

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2020 2:05 PM

I'm happy to see Tiffany get this opportunity as well, R86. I adore her. Hopefully, this will go well and open doors for her to do more TV work.

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2020 2:10 PM

Jacob Soboroff had more crotch fruit and took paternity leave and returned to plug his book. He used to be flirty and fun...now, he’s greasy and dour. Ari Melber’s narcissistic with nasty undertones. He keeps repeating his name during his show almost as much as Chris Cuomo does.

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2020 2:25 PM

[quote] ... Kareem Jean-Pierre ...

R86, the name is Corrine Jean-Pierre. I like her too.

by Anonymousreply 89July 4, 2020 7:25 PM

^^also know as Ta-Tanisha.

by Anonymousreply 90July 4, 2020 8:53 PM

R86 and R89, it’s actually Karine Jean-Pierre

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 4, 2020 8:56 PM

Is Karine still with Suzanne Malveaux from CNN? I know they adopted a baby a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 92July 4, 2020 9:39 PM

Thanks, R91. I saw her first name spelled "Corrine" in captioning on MSNBC some time ago and never questioned it. I didn't know she was with Suzanne Malveaux or about their adopted baby. So hard to keep up!

by Anonymousreply 93July 4, 2020 10:11 PM

R92 yes she is

by Anonymousreply 94July 4, 2020 10:28 PM

[quote]a lot of the news hosts are celeb sycophants it's very annoying.

R26 That's why that White House Press Corps Dinner is so irrelevant these days. It's nothing but reporters drooling over celebrities. The days of news people having credibility, ala Cronkite, Brinkley, Koppel, etc is over. It ended with Rather and Jennings who were more interested in their celebrity than their bona fides.

by Anonymousreply 95July 4, 2020 11:08 PM

Lol how that took some time. But thanks y'all. Respect on her name. Didn't know she liked fish! Good dish y'all

by Anonymousreply 96July 5, 2020 4:00 AM

Karrine had my heart when she stopped that crazy dude from attacking Kamala Harris.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97July 5, 2020 7:54 PM

I really like a lot of the MSNBC on-air talent, but they seem to have no ability to tolerate debate or dissent, nor do they have any interest in non-partisan reporting. Preaching to the choir is important, especially with a good sermon, but we need to encourage more debate and a well-informed public. Rachel could pull that off, but she seems to have lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 98July 5, 2020 8:30 PM

Perhaps, R98, but I'd also be willing to bet most Republicans are resistant to appearing on MSNBC because they don't want to be asked tough questions by hosts who won't allow them to spew lies unchallenged. They'd much rather go on Faux News where the environs are more friendly and accommodating to their delusions.

by Anonymousreply 99July 5, 2020 8:38 PM

Not even Republicans, r99 - though there plenty of formers on the panels. Yesterday, there was almost constant bashing of the 4th of July as a holiday. I would have preferred to see coverage of how Black and other groups have historically viewed the 4th, not just Frederick Douglass. In fact, after the Civil War, Blacks were super patriotic in their celebrations until Southerners (and some Northerners) squelched it.

MSNBC tends to show a lot of knowledge and righteous anger, but very little wisdom or self awareness. They also do not provide a full range of perspectives. It’s a shame to see such smart people take the low road.

by Anonymousreply 100July 5, 2020 8:46 PM

MSNBC doesn't have Kellyanne and Miss Lindsey appearing. You must go to Fox for that.

by Anonymousreply 101July 5, 2020 8:52 PM

Joy Reid is occasionally able to get Republicans on her show. She had Kayleigh on a couple months before she became Press Spokesman, she had Romney's niece on, she's had Evangelicals on. She goes after them, it gets explosive, they never appear again.

by Anonymousreply 102July 6, 2020 12:01 AM

Joy Reid is occasionally able to get Republicans on her show. She had Kayleigh on a couple months before she became Press Spokesman, she had Romney's niece on, she's had Evangelicals on. She goes after them, it gets explosive, they never appear again.

by Anonymousreply 103July 6, 2020 12:01 AM

I'm surprised Brian Williams doesn't get more Republicans for his show.

by Anonymousreply 104July 6, 2020 1:06 AM

R99 is correct.

I remember before the 2016 election, Rachel mentioned how difficult it was to get Republicans to appear on her show. Back then, Rick Santorum appeared only once, some time near the end of his campaign for president, and Tim Pawlenty appeared a couple of times - and maybe one or two others. But that's it.

The thing is, Republicans like stating their talking points but they don't like being questioned about it.

I remember years ago when Rand Paul was on Rachel's show, and they got into a very civil debate about something - it might have been about the MLK holiday. Several days later he was on Fox where the panelists or host was complaining about the way he was treated. Interestingly, he said he was treated respectfully - he may have even said very respectfully - but said her show clearly isn't the right venue to get his message across and that he wouldn't go back on there again.

So contrary to R98's point, the bottom line is Republicans are the ones not willing to discuss or debate, and they don't want to be challenged. Instead, they only want to pontificate.

by Anonymousreply 105July 6, 2020 1:36 AM

Brian Williams don't have the stomach for the Republicans BS.

by Anonymousreply 106July 6, 2020 1:36 AM

[Quote]It’s a shame to see such smart people take the low road.

What exactly did who say or do that constituted taking the "low road?" Most of us weren't home watching during the holiday.

by Anonymousreply 107July 6, 2020 5:05 PM

Rachel says many in Trump administration will burn forever in the fiery pits of hell.

In other news. . . .

by Anonymousreply 108July 7, 2020 1:54 AM

Rachel is pissed! Every night she is like WTF!!!

by Anonymousreply 109July 7, 2020 4:21 AM

Rachel should be the #1 show on cable tv every night

the work she has done and continues to do is just amazing. I never get tired of her destroying the bullshit narratives and failures of Trump admin and repubs

by Anonymousreply 110July 7, 2020 5:02 AM

R107 - Still waiting for an explanation, as if...

by Anonymousreply 111July 7, 2020 6:54 AM

I will have to comfort Morgan with cool, damp cloths and anal swabbing

by Anonymousreply 112July 7, 2020 8:51 AM

Rachel has a copy of Mary Trump's book and is reading from it lmao

by Anonymousreply 113July 8, 2020 1:04 AM

Who should do the Audiobook narration?

by Anonymousreply 114July 8, 2020 7:52 AM

Stormy Daniels, R114.

by Anonymousreply 115July 8, 2020 1:42 PM

^ Or Michael Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 116July 8, 2020 2:36 PM

Hey Gura - How does it feel being replaced?

by Anonymousreply 117July 8, 2020 2:39 PM

Shermichael Singleton is hot. Did he leave the GOP as well? The former Republican strategists are piling up.

by Anonymousreply 118July 8, 2020 2:45 PM

[quote]Who should do the Audiobook narration?

Stephen King

by Anonymousreply 119July 8, 2020 3:45 PM

Sarah Cooper tweeted if Patti Lupone does the audiobook, Sarah will lip sync the whole thing. Patti replied “I’m in.”

by Anonymousreply 120July 8, 2020 5:09 PM

It's almost as if Jonathan Lemire can't decide from which room to do his TV appearances. He started out in this den-looking space (with the red brick wall behind him), then last week I saw him in what looked more like his living room, now tonight he's back in the den space.

by Anonymousreply 121July 9, 2020 3:16 AM

r121: Aw, he is too cute (and his apt is cute too). I like the tour...We get to see another side of these people that we don't usually see.🌈

by Anonymousreply 122July 9, 2020 4:16 AM

Jonathan Lemire redecorates the room from which he reports as some sort of in-joke with his broadcaster or reporter buddies. Last night he had a copy of "The Power Broker" prominently displayed behind him which is a jokey reference to the book that everyone seems to have on their shelf yet no one has actually read. If you find that kind of stuff amusing, good for you I guess.

Yesterday Jonathan said something about him being a parent. I would have pegged him as an Incel yet apparently a woman elected to mate with him. Is he married? Stranger things have happened.

by Anonymousreply 123July 9, 2020 12:46 PM

Shermichael is very cute, but I question the degree of his anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 124July 9, 2020 12:57 PM

it's official! Starting July 20th Joy will get the 7 PM slot "The ReidOut"

not announced yet what will happen to the 10-12 block on weekend mornings.

by Anonymousreply 125July 9, 2020 5:55 PM

[quote]Who should do the Audiobook narration?

Chuck Rosenberg, hands down. What a great voice. They should have him on that Calm app.

by Anonymousreply 126July 9, 2020 6:16 PM

Oh dear, they’re playing the new music on Joy Reid’s 7 PM show and it includes some rippity-rap record scratches that the hippity hop kids like so much these days.

It’s just a matter of time before Ari Melber spits sone bars over it.

by Anonymousreply 127July 9, 2020 11:45 PM

Eric Swalwell on Lawrence's show right now. He's so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 128July 10, 2020 2:59 AM

Rachel's intro segment tonight was FIRE!

she fucking TORCHED Trump by listing pretty much every scandal he's been involved in, big and small, popular and hardly mentioned.

She correctly stated that each scandal gets pushed out of the news because a new one arises.

by Anonymousreply 129July 10, 2020 4:05 AM

Lemire's wife's Twitter, R123.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130July 10, 2020 4:49 AM

Jacob Soboroff currently on and looking fantastic in a black light sweater.

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2020 3:21 PM

Shaquille needs to sit on my face

by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2020 4:35 PM

FYI Jacob Soboroff will be on The View tomorrow (Wednesday)

by Anonymousreply 133July 15, 2020 1:58 AM

I really want to mount Steve Kornacki.

by Anonymousreply 134July 15, 2020 2:41 AM

I like Steve's new haircut (at least it looks new to me).

by Anonymousreply 135July 15, 2020 3:19 AM

Kornacki is a boner killer.

by Anonymousreply 136July 15, 2020 2:45 PM

Exactly r136! I don’t get the lust some of these desperate horny queens have for him and those beady eyes.

by Anonymousreply 137July 15, 2020 2:47 PM

R137, I suspect his personal hygiene is deficient.

by Anonymousreply 138July 15, 2020 3:29 PM

A few ago everyone here was bitching about his hygiene. There was a period where he seemed to keep wearing the same khakis and blue sweater all the time.

by Anonymousreply 139July 15, 2020 4:05 PM

What's going on with Joe Scarborough? Mika's been tweeting some cryptic tweets about his absence.

Is he having mental health issues?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140July 15, 2020 4:40 PM

R140: Yes, it is odd for Joe to be gone this long. Usually, they are off together or just 1 off. They took 4th of July break together already.

by Anonymousreply 141July 15, 2020 4:44 PM

Mika can’t spell “two?”

by Anonymousreply 142July 15, 2020 5:10 PM

Update on Morgan Chesky coming up on Nightly News in the next 20 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 143July 15, 2020 10:38 PM

Joe must fuck the ever loving shit out of Mika. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 144July 15, 2020 10:41 PM

Katy Turr lost her shit on MTP Daily, today with a Republican stooge. Chuck Todd came back from commercial with some random legal statement.

She was on FIRE.

Chris Hayes has been Trump hating for weeks.

He is on fire.

LOVE MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 145July 16, 2020 12:05 AM

Same R145👍Still not a Hayes fan, but waiting for TRMS (Maddow taking a much needed break while Velshi fills in)

by Anonymousreply 146July 16, 2020 12:12 AM

tomorrow Mary Trump will be on Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 147July 16, 2020 1:18 AM

Yes, R145, Katy handed that whiney Gingerbread Man-looking loser his ass. Katy's like, "Dude, I have a one-year-old child whose future your boss is trying mightily to fuck up. I haven't slept eight hours since 2016. I survived a crippling postpartum depression. I don't have TIME for you and your shysty bullshit."

And I actually think in his odd way Chuck Todd was being protective of Katy.

I've been a detractor of his since his puzzling ascent up the ranks, but honestly? I like him with Katy.

by Anonymousreply 148July 16, 2020 1:38 AM

video of Morgan describing his symptoms

his whole body was aching

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149July 16, 2020 2:25 AM

I'm concerned that cute little Vaughn isn't wearing enough sun screen since he is living in Arizona. He is way too red; I think he's getting sunburned. We need to see more of his body to really determine the extent of it.

by Anonymousreply 150July 17, 2020 3:06 PM

I wish I could eat out Vaughn’s ass.

by Anonymousreply 151July 17, 2020 5:16 PM

He’d moan and squirm if you did that r151

by Anonymousreply 152July 17, 2020 6:58 PM

Vaughn is family right?

by Anonymousreply 153July 17, 2020 7:58 PM

R153 - do you think anyone who looked like this when they were young would be gay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154July 17, 2020 8:08 PM

Mary Trump's going to be on Cuomo tonight. Should be interesting to see how he interviews her compared to Rachel. I don't think I've ever seen him interview anybody.

by Anonymousreply 155July 17, 2020 8:39 PM

[quote] I really like a lot of the MSNBC on-air talent, but they seem to have no ability to tolerate debate or dissent

CNN has debate and dissent but it most often ends in a yelling match that you know the participants can't wait to get off air to curse at the other person. I like intelligent debate but it is hard to find anymore.

by Anonymousreply 156July 17, 2020 8:47 PM

BOOM: @maddow interview with @MaryLTrump drew what I believe is her show's biggest audience ever Thursday-- a massive 5.2M viewers. It was the No. 1 show in primetime for the night, on both broadcast and cable.

by Anonymousreply 157July 17, 2020 8:54 PM

This sketch perfectly captures the inanity of CNN which is why I watch MSNBC instead

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 17, 2020 8:58 PM

Peter Baker annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 159July 17, 2020 10:30 PM

Garrett Haake needs to give his reports shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 160July 17, 2020 10:36 PM

Garrett has a tattoo!

by Anonymousreply 161July 17, 2020 11:01 PM

Last night's "The Rachel @Maddow Show" at 9 p.m. ET was the #1 program in total viewers across all of broadcast and cable television. It was also the show’s highest-rated hour in history and the highest rated regularly scheduled show ever on @MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 162July 18, 2020 5:35 AM

Jonathan Lemire, on Morning Joe, tries to make these subtle jokes. Comedy is not his forte. Stick with reporting.

by Anonymousreply 163July 18, 2020 11:54 AM

Nicholas Johnston of Axios is often a morning guest on MSNBC. He's cute the way he has his hair cut. Those bangs are adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164July 18, 2020 12:03 PM

Seek help immediately, R164. You're having a neurological event.

by Anonymousreply 165July 18, 2020 3:19 PM

You must be joking, R164.

by Anonymousreply 166July 18, 2020 3:30 PM

I was surprised to see that Hans Nichols left NBC for Axios.

by Anonymousreply 167July 18, 2020 3:38 PM

Hans Nichols didn't leave NBC. He was just on two days in a row - I think yesterday & Thursday - on First Look with Yasmin Vossoughian.

by Anonymousreply 168July 18, 2020 3:48 PM

[quote]Hans Nichols didn't leave NBC. He was just on two days in a row - I think yesterday & Thursday - on First Look with Yasmin Vossoughian.

He works for Axios now, and Yasmin always has someone from Axios on the show to do “Today’s One Big Thing” segment everyday.

by Anonymousreply 169July 18, 2020 4:16 PM

I miss Chris Matthews. I thought he had the best show on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 170July 18, 2020 4:21 PM

r170, go eat shit! No one misses that boulder head spitting gasbag.

by Anonymousreply 171July 18, 2020 5:03 PM

Did Nicole Wallace seem very uncomfortable subbing for Rachel last night? It was almost as if they sprung it on her at the last minute and said "You're on!"

by Anonymousreply 172July 18, 2020 7:05 PM

R172 Yes, I caught her exchange with a guest where they were both accidentally talking over each other. It was so awkward I had to change the channel.

by Anonymousreply 173July 18, 2020 7:25 PM

Nicole Wallace is too mellow and reflective to sub in for hyper, fast-talking, can’t-stop-blinking Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 174July 19, 2020 12:05 AM

Wasn't the person she was talking over Nina Totenberg? I think they're friends. In fact one of the reasons she was talking over her was because she wanted to compliment her on how inviting her kitchen looked.

Anyway, I didn't get the impression she was uncomfortable at all last night.

by Anonymousreply 175July 19, 2020 1:12 AM

I love on Nicole's show when she has John Heileman on remote, and you see his two Pyrenees wandering around in back.

by Anonymousreply 176July 19, 2020 7:03 AM

Pyrenees? They're Great Danes.

by Anonymousreply 177July 19, 2020 9:36 AM

R176, those two breeds don't even look the same. Great Danes are huge and sleek grey or black, whereas Pyrenees are just big and have thick heavy white coats (per link). Both beautiful, but Heilman's kitchen is full of the former, not the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178July 19, 2020 1:53 PM

They’re both enormous.

by Anonymousreply 179July 19, 2020 2:23 PM

The problem with all of these animals wandering into camera range is that they inevitably upstage the humans onscreen. Who wants to watch pundits pontificate when there's a fascinating dog or cat or parrot to focus on? I'm waiting for someone's bearded dragon to loll across the desk in front of the talking head and steal the scene for the rest of the show.

by Anonymousreply 180July 19, 2020 2:37 PM

On the other hand, correspondents holding animals makes them more appealing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 19, 2020 2:43 PM

It's nice to see men with little dogs. I'm sick of the supposedly macho big-dog bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 182July 19, 2020 3:31 PM

[QUOTE] Anyway, I didn't get the impression she was uncomfortable at all last night.

I didn’t get this impression at all. And I was so happy to have an extra hour of Nicolle to watch, I can’t get enough of her.

I really liked her interview with Nina Totenberg. It was fun to get some inside information on what RBG’s daily life is like. I was happy to hear that she goes into the office infrequently and is mostly working from home at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 183July 19, 2020 3:32 PM

I watched the interview clutching my NPR Nina Toten-bag.

by Anonymousreply 184July 19, 2020 4:18 PM

r177, Great Danes? They are LIVESTOCK! Get the fucking saddles...

by Anonymousreply 185July 19, 2020 4:32 PM

R182, not to indulge in stereotypes but it's been my experience that little dogs tend to be hyper and twitchy and yappy, whereas big dogs tend to be quiet and mellow and even tempered (or maybe just lazy and bored). The people who choose big dogs as pets may be macho but the dogs don't seem to be.

by Anonymousreply 186July 19, 2020 4:35 PM

r186, get a Dalmatian. Hyper, twitchy and yappy in a HUGE dog.

by Anonymousreply 187July 19, 2020 4:38 PM

I love Heileman’s dog, Fife.

by Anonymousreply 188July 19, 2020 4:46 PM

I would let Gabe hold me like that dog!

by Anonymousreply 189July 19, 2020 6:03 PM

Sam Brock is a giant. He also has a beautiful wife.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190July 19, 2020 11:51 PM

[quote]I would let Gabe hold me like that dog!

I want to hold Gabe that way!

by Anonymousreply 191July 20, 2020 12:03 AM

What MSNBC news program does my cutie Steve Patterson usually show up on?

by Anonymousreply 192July 20, 2020 12:12 AM

Joy's 'do is great!

by Anonymousreply 193July 20, 2020 11:54 AM

Joy is OK as long as she avoids those horrible piles of rope braid she occasionally wears.

She looks goods short and sassy. This morning she was short sassy and curly. Very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 194July 20, 2020 2:04 PM

Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton will be interviewed on Joy's first show today.

by Anonymousreply 195July 20, 2020 3:21 PM

I'll bet Mrs. Brock enjoys having him inside her QUITE deeply!

by Anonymousreply 196July 20, 2020 7:26 PM

Morgan Chesky was reporting from Dallas today even though he was sick with Covid just days ago. I hope he's not spreading disease all over the place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 20, 2020 7:26 PM

LMFAO

Nicolle is nailing Miami mayor Francis Suarez right now. He is moderate but was playing dumb about the issues with the CDC and Trump/Pence downplaying the role of CDC. He kept his cool but was not expecting her to challenge him like that

by Anonymousreply 198July 20, 2020 7:30 PM

Joy has some new hair for her new show. I like it. It's a bit matronly but Joy is a mom so it suits her.

by Anonymousreply 199July 20, 2020 11:09 PM

Miami mayor Francis Suarez is a good-looking man, isn't he?

by Anonymousreply 200July 20, 2020 11:20 PM

I’m loving the purple theme on Joy’s new show.

by Anonymousreply 201July 20, 2020 11:34 PM

R200 yes 1 of the hottest active politicians it's a shame he's a repub

at least he's moderate not a hard righter

but still anyone who's a repub is an asshole

by Anonymousreply 202July 20, 2020 11:37 PM

Joy had on BOTH Joe Biden AND Hillary Clinton on her first show!

That's quite a COUP.

Go Joy!

by Anonymousreply 203July 20, 2020 11:46 PM

R202, he's only 42, still plenty of time for him to see the light. The GOP ain't what it used to be when he joined up -- if George Will can jump ship, anyone can.

by Anonymousreply 204July 20, 2020 11:46 PM

Joy has beautiful skin, or, the next best thing, a damn good skilled make-up technician.

What r201 said and I'm digging the shorter hair, too.

by Anonymousreply 205July 20, 2020 11:49 PM

I wondered how hair and makeup were handled during the height of the pandemic and lockdown in NYC. The initial tech/lighting set up could be done while maintaining social distance. The anchors pretty much maintained the same appearance. But poor Nicolle Wallace got some particularly nasty and sexist comments about her hair.

by Anonymousreply 206July 21, 2020 12:11 AM

Thumbs up on the Joy hair do.

by Anonymousreply 207July 21, 2020 12:16 AM

R206, there's nothing sexist about the fact that Nicolle Wallace's hair looks like hell. If she were male, that hair would still be hopeless. No excuse for it!

by Anonymousreply 208July 21, 2020 12:32 AM

Poor things having to do their own hair every day. I don't know how they manage.

by Anonymousreply 209July 21, 2020 12:46 AM

Ali is the #1 go-to fill-in host for primetime.

by Anonymousreply 210July 21, 2020 1:04 AM

Does Ali ever see his wife and kids in Canada? He is always working! He is rolling in the OT $$$!

by Anonymousreply 211July 21, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote]Joy has some new hair for her new show.

There'll be a lot of rotating new wigs.

Pity she doesn't do au naturel. She had a smart look the one time I saw her with her own hair.

How did she get the color branding? I don't think any other host gets their own style chyrons and color. Well duh, stupid question in these BLM times. She even Reidout -coded Hillz's outfit.

by Anonymousreply 212July 21, 2020 2:17 AM

Just as long as Joy stays away from those coils of braid that look like a pile of crap on her head, girl be fine.

by Anonymousreply 213July 21, 2020 11:46 AM

I posted a while ago that she was not going to be allowed to wear braids for a weeknight primetime audience.

That was fine on Saturday morning when nobody was watching. But she’s going to be sticking to conservative, suburban frau next door styles from now on.

by Anonymousreply 214July 21, 2020 1:37 PM

Rachel Maddow really gushed about Joy Reid last night, as if they're the best friends that ever were ("my cherished friend")! It would have been enough to just congratulate Reid about the new show with impressive guests but she went way over the top. She must be trying to dispel the homophobia rumors -- I don't think she'd agree to do that unless she believes that Reid truly has "evolved" (like Obama). Fine -- that's nice, but Reid still just grates for me.

by Anonymousreply 215July 21, 2020 2:18 PM

She often refers to her as my friend.

by Anonymousreply 216July 21, 2020 2:20 PM

Rachel was overacting because she was secretly jealous of Joy getting Biden and Hillary

by Anonymousreply 217July 21, 2020 2:32 PM

Maybe Rachel and Joy are really friends and Rachel felt genuinely happy about her friend’s great debut of her new show. Jesus, you miserable queens.

Also, get over the Joy homophobia shit. She owed up to it and sincerely apologized.

by Anonymousreply 218July 21, 2020 3:01 PM

Joy haters are just in their feelings because that fugly beady eyed queen Steve Kornacki didn’t get the gig. Rightly so. He’s good at hyperventilating at that Election screen. That’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 219July 21, 2020 3:03 PM

Rachel has had Hillary on her show a number of times.

More likely scenario: In the current climate, the major msnbc hosts have decided (or were told) to try make Joy Reid happen in the 7 pm slot. That's to say, Joy is hardly the reason Biden and Hillary were booked on her show. Clearly NBC News and the PR arm are trying to give her a flying start and facilitating things because they are "making cable news history".

[quote]She’s a student of Hardball,” says Yvette Miley, a senior vice president at MSNBC and NBC News who lobbied for Reid to get the job. “She’s a student of this conversation that we find ourselves in this place that we’re in as a country. And I just think it’s a homecoming. Even though she’s never been in that slot before, it feels right, and it fits the time, the moment, and I think it’s a fit for the future.”

Even Biden joined in the tongue bath at the end of his interview, congratulating her and saying he'll add her to the VP candidate list (something to that effect) - yes, that was a pat on the back joke, but still.

Anyway, we'll see if she delivers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 21, 2020 3:13 PM

Joy's premiere outfit was probably a personal best. No doubt curated for her by someone who actually knows what's appropriate for TV.

The article below is from a broadcasting trade publication, reviewing the production aspects of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221July 21, 2020 3:22 PM

R216, Rachel Maddow refers to all colleagues as "my friend": "Thanks, my friend" handoffs from Chris Hayes and to Lawrence O'Donnell; "My friend" references to Nicolle Wallace, Andrea Mitchell, Brian Williams, etc. I do think that she's sincere about the word and thinks of everyone in journalism as a comrade in arms, which she translates to "friend" -- I felt that way about my classmates in law school and everyone that I practiced law with (including the judges, court reporters and clerks and security guards, legal secretaries and paralegals) -- we'd all been through the same wringer (even the jerks and assholes) and somehow managed to survive the war, which forges a bond. But "cherished friend" seems different and I don't think she'd use that term casually -- the public has to be able to trust journalists, so they must choose their words responsibly. She probably appreciates Reid's good qualities and doesn't consider any shortcomings to be important, and she must be genuinely pleased to see a black woman occupying an important and influential position. I just wish that it were Mya Wiley, and wonder whether Maddow "cherishes" her too?

by Anonymousreply 222July 21, 2020 4:05 PM

Just goes to show that Blacks are more politically pivotal than the LG... community.

After she screwed Pete, Rachel has dipped, until Mary Trump.

by Anonymousreply 223July 21, 2020 4:30 PM

[QUOTE] Also, get over the Joy homophobia shit. She owed up to it and sincerely apologized.

No, she didn’t. She claimed that she was hacked and didn’t fess up to the homophobic content. If I’m mistaken on this, that’s on me but that is how I remember it.

That said, I have never stopped watching AM Joy and plan to be a ReidOut viewer. I liked what I saw last night and I was jazzed by the purple-themed visual format. Reid is smart and is good at pressing guests outside of their talking points.

by Anonymousreply 224July 21, 2020 5:41 PM

The purple theme looks good.

She should a try a purple Donna Brazile-style wig next:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225July 21, 2020 5:59 PM

Oh please r225, don’t bring that nasty dyke up.

by Anonymousreply 226July 21, 2020 7:21 PM

Does EVERYONE on MSNBC have to play the Reid clip of her asking, oh for like the millionth time, if Joe will have a black woman for VP?

Love her wigs, but she is quickly becoming a tiresome cunt.

by Anonymousreply 227July 21, 2020 7:53 PM

[quote]Love her wigs, but she is quickly becoming a tiresome cunt.

BECOMING??

by Anonymousreply 228July 21, 2020 7:56 PM

Why does the VP *have* to be a black woman? Why not an Asian woman? Or a Latina? Joy Reid and her cohort (which we will start seeing on the ReidOut ad naseusum including Jason Johnson who seems to be let back into air) will endlessly talk about this until the election.

I would love someone to counter her question once with, “Actually, we’re considering a white lesbian. What do you think about that?” Watch Joy sputter and spin.

by Anonymousreply 229July 21, 2020 8:06 PM

*on air

by Anonymousreply 230July 21, 2020 8:06 PM

[quote]Why does the VP *have* to be a black woman? Why not an Asian woman? Or a Latina?

Because black women have been saving Democrats' butts for years and it's time to repay them. They've earned the right to see themselves represented on the ticket. Latinos are the least reliable voters in the country and they haven't earned it.

by Anonymousreply 231July 21, 2020 8:32 PM

The black voter already got their candidate of choice, so that's the big price. The black vote gets diluted in the General election as Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, and South Carolina are in no danger of voting Democrat. The Dem part will need to look for votes outside of the black vote in the South to win the general election.

by Anonymousreply 232July 21, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote] [bold]Latinos[/bold] are the least reliable voters in the country and [bold]they haven't earned it[/bold].

that's quite racist when their votes are more reliable in turning red states blue. When the black vote accomplishes that in the South (where the majority of the black vote resides) you can call other minorities unreliable bitch.

by Anonymousreply 233July 21, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote]Rachel Maddow refers to all colleagues as "my friend"

I don't ever remember her referring to Lawrence as her friend, and she's never gushed over him the way she does with Chris, Joy or Andrea.

by Anonymousreply 234July 21, 2020 9:32 PM

R234: Yeah, it seems like Rachel tolerates Lawrence, but actually likes the others. I know Joy and Rachel like to eat tacos with different types of tequila (they were talking about it once). Lawrence does not drink alcohol and winces at the mere mention of alcohol. No fun!

by Anonymousreply 235July 21, 2020 9:35 PM

Nicolle regularly praises Katie Tur in her handoff after Deadline: White House and then just says, “next up is Chuck Todd” when he’s one going MTP Daily.

by Anonymousreply 236July 21, 2020 9:38 PM

You got that backwards r234. Rachel doesn’t have much to say to Chris Hayes but her and Lawrence’s conversations are pretty damn good.

by Anonymousreply 237July 21, 2020 9:47 PM

Is Chris Hayes jealous? Air is adorable, is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 238July 21, 2020 10:14 PM

Chris Hayes and Rachel are practically separated at birth. Each one wants to be Biggest, Nerdiest, Wonkiest Wonk in every room they're in so they prefer to be with other (older) men and other (Black) women.

Imagine Chris and Rachel on opposite teams during Trivia Night at a DC bar. Shudder.

by Anonymousreply 239July 21, 2020 11:37 PM

r229, Black people have endured more in this country than any of those other minorities. They were brought here as SLAVES in case you forgot. Black men already had their due with Obama; if there is to be a minority VP, it should be a black woman before it is any of those other ethnic types you mentioned. It just wouldn't look right if Joe Biden picked an Asian or a Latina before picking an AA woman.

by Anonymousreply 240July 21, 2020 11:51 PM

How did Joy get all of theses people to wear purple? How does she have so much pull? Jesus. She was a weekend news anchor, not someone like Barbara Walters who’s been in the business for 60 years.

by Anonymousreply 241July 21, 2020 11:56 PM

R240, don't forget the Native Americans, fka Indians (or Redskins). I see no point in competing grievances and don't think that should be a basis for choosing political candidates, but the formerly enslaved aren't necessarily the worst victims of legal mistreatment in America.

And don't even get me started on Yoko Ono's point that women are the niggers of the world.

by Anonymousreply 242July 22, 2020 12:46 AM

Native Americans had it very, very bad in this country, but even they (for the most part) were not used as SLAVES.

And some of them even owned black slaves, don't even get me started on that one.

by Anonymousreply 243July 22, 2020 12:57 AM

[quote]You got that backwards R234. Rachel doesn’t have much to say to Chris Hayes but her and Lawrence’s conversations are pretty damn good.

One of us must be watching a different Rachel Maddow show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 22, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote]When the black vote accomplishes that in the South (where the majority of the black vote resides)

Why do so many Blacks still live in the South? Didn't they ever want to escape the Confederate States?

by Anonymousreply 245July 22, 2020 1:30 AM

R243, the Native Americans had the land they lived on (which was either owned by them or owned by the animals or owned by no one) invaded by foreigners who mounted war and conquered them and subjugated them. Comparing that to capturing people in a foreign land and bringing them to America and enslaving them here for generations is futile -- both groups of victims suffered, period. But I don't see why their respective indignities should qualify members of either group to be a candidate for VP (and quite possibly become Pres).

And what about the Chinese shanghaied and forced to build railroads in America? And what about the Japanese interned in America during WWII?

by Anonymousreply 246July 22, 2020 1:35 AM

R246: Look up and study the middle passage

by Anonymousreply 247July 22, 2020 1:51 AM

R247, learning about things like that as a teenager is one reason I'm a radical white person. Why all the other white people aren't too confounds me daily.

by Anonymousreply 248July 22, 2020 2:31 AM

R248: they don't want to learn about that. They think African sailed over here like a Carnival cruise.

by Anonymousreply 249July 22, 2020 3:06 AM

No shit. Recently I saw a post that said that black people should be GRATEFUL that they were brought over to North America to be slaves because if they hadn't been, they would probably still be just sitting around in their huts in Africa.

I mean....there's racism and then there's....

by Anonymousreply 250July 22, 2020 4:05 AM

There's a lot of shocking ignorance in America, despite free public education. I guess I'm lucky to have lived through the civil rights movement and seen little black kids on TV being escorted to school by armed soldiers, and seen John Lewis beaten in LIFE magazine -- I've never had reason to doubt what happened and have never not known of it. But what about all the other people who saw it too -- Trump is my age and Mitch McConnell is 5 years older -- they're not unaware of the history, so what's their excuse?

by Anonymousreply 251July 22, 2020 4:28 AM

pathetic how much racism there is on DL

anytime a black person is mentioned in particular

by Anonymousreply 252July 22, 2020 5:16 AM

I'm seeing Chuck Todd on TV for the first time in many, many years. Is he a drunk? He can barely form coherent sentences and looks like someone trying very hard to appear "together." So different from the Chuck Todd I recall from Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 253July 22, 2020 9:36 PM

R253 I've said that about Chuck Todd. He acts spaced out and can't seem to keep up. Is he sleep deprived? Smoking weed before he goes on camera? He's been "off" for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 254July 23, 2020 12:20 AM

What would Tim Russert think of NBC/MSNBC today?

by Anonymousreply 255July 23, 2020 6:11 AM

Joy Reid has Mayor Pete and Nancy Pelosi on her show this evening.

by Anonymousreply 256July 23, 2020 5:14 PM

Joy should open the show with a formal apology to Mayor Pete.

by Anonymousreply 257July 23, 2020 6:17 PM

she has nothing to apologize for. He was NEVER going to win the primary

Pete stans on this board are insane

by Anonymousreply 258July 23, 2020 6:21 PM

Ya gotta feel bad for David Gura.

Once the host of his own Saturday/Sunday show, he's now relegated to interviewing people standing in an unemployment line in Tulsa, OK.

by Anonymousreply 259July 23, 2020 6:42 PM

Joy's show has been inside the top 50 both nights

interesting that she's doing a lot better than Ari's show at 6

by Anonymousreply 260July 23, 2020 6:48 PM

Ari has been lookin gm very tired lately.

by Anonymousreply 261July 23, 2020 6:49 PM

Ari's show is unwatchable. I turn over to CNN and watch Wolf Blitzer.

by Anonymousreply 262July 23, 2020 8:48 PM

Ari needs a sassy wig.

by Anonymousreply 263July 23, 2020 11:54 PM

Joy interviewing Mayor Pete right now!!!

by Anonymousreply 264July 23, 2020 11:57 PM

How was it, R264?

by Anonymousreply 265July 24, 2020 12:03 AM

He wasn't on until the last 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 266July 24, 2020 12:56 AM

I thought it was odd that she had him on after the Michael Moore discussion and her wacky segment. I thought Pete warranted a bit more time.

by Anonymousreply 267July 24, 2020 1:21 AM

[quote]I thought Pete warranted a bit more time.

Well I didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 268July 24, 2020 1:26 AM

R268, At least he didn't call you a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 269July 24, 2020 2:13 AM

No matter whose show he's on, I think Michael Moore always takes up more time than he's allotted because he doesn't know when to shut up. I like him but he just goes on and on and on and I suspect he chewed up several minutes of Mayor Pete's time tonight.

by Anonymousreply 270July 24, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]Also, get over the Joy homophobia shit. She owed up to it and sincerely apologized.

She absolutely did and even when I was watching it, I knew it wouldn't be enough for the racist queens here on DL. They would just conveniently pretend as if she never apologized so that they could continue their ridiculous hatred of her, which we all know has everything to do with her race and nothing to do with her comments on that blog.

I like Nicolle Wallace just as much as anyone but let's be real: she was a member of the Republican party her entire life, a party that has voted for and upheld anti-gay policies for decades, and the only reason she had her "come to Jesus" moment was when Trump came along. If Trump had never happened, Nicolle would most likely still be a Republican voting for anti-gay policies. And yet, despite this, all of the DL racists who hate Joy Reid worship at the feet of Nicolle Wallace and think of her as the greatest thing since Rachel Maddow. Oh, but wait, she's a pretty white woman with blond hair, so of course you find it easy as pie to dismiss her past and pretend like she's been a friend to us all along. And sorry, she may not have posted homophobic comments in a blog but voting for anti-gay policies as part of the Republican party means she was NOT an ally of the gay community and was, in fact, someone whose votes stood firmly between us and our rights. But again, she's white, so all is forgiven.

[quote]she has nothing to apologize for. He was NEVER going to win the primary

Exactly. Get over it already.

by Anonymousreply 271July 24, 2020 3:06 AM

Could you be any more delusional R271?

by Anonymousreply 272July 24, 2020 3:10 AM

Bless you r271!

by Anonymousreply 273July 24, 2020 3:13 AM

I noticed you didn't tell him he was wrong R272.

Joy Reid has the show y'all! We can rehash the racism again in here if y'all really want to or we can continue to oogle the men anchors/correspondence.

Did anyone see Garrett Haake have to adjust his mask live the other day??? I'm a mask wearer but I thought he was being ridiculous changing the mask between takes and fidgeting with it on camera...

by Anonymousreply 274July 24, 2020 3:46 AM

Also, I know Hallie Jackson is on maternity leave but what about the 1pm hour?? Does Aymin not like anchoring? He always looks like he's being forced and I would MUCH rather watch him then that Katy/Chuck pairing which is kind of annoying.

by Anonymousreply 275July 24, 2020 3:48 AM

Garrett's ventral forearm tattoo seems so out of place. He has a clean cut appearance and persona until he's wearing short sleeves or rolls up his long sleeves

by Anonymousreply 276July 24, 2020 4:05 AM

They need to fire Hallie Jackson. She's been on maternity leave all year. Kasie Hunt had her baby on a Friday and was back at work on Monday. That Kasie is one hell of a woman.

by Anonymousreply 277July 24, 2020 4:09 AM

[quote]I suspect he chewed up several minutes of Mayor Pete's time tonight.

Anything that involves chewing is Michael Moore's forte.

by Anonymousreply 278July 24, 2020 1:20 PM

Super cute nerd Steve Kornacki is hosting MTP Daily today. So cute!

by Anonymousreply 279July 24, 2020 9:13 PM

r279, you’re pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 280July 24, 2020 11:53 PM

[quote]The problem with all of these animals wandering into camera range is that they inevitably upstage the humans onscreen. Who wants to watch pundits pontificate when there's a fascinating dog or cat or parrot to focus on? I'm waiting for someone's bearded dragon to loll across the desk in front of the talking head and steal the scene for the rest of the show.

Exactly, R180.

Reminds me of those pets randomly wandering into their masters' porn scenes. I always start watching the animal and forgetting their humans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 281July 25, 2020 12:14 AM

[quote]The problem with all of these animals wandering into camera range is that they inevitably upstage the humans onscreen. Who wants to watch pundits pontificate when there's a fascinating dog or cat or parrot to focus on? I'm waiting for someone's bearded dragon to loll across the desk in front of the talking head and steal the scene for the rest of the show.

Exactly, R180.

Reminds me of those pets randomly wandering into their masters' porn scenes. I always start watching the animal and forgetting their humans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282July 25, 2020 12:14 AM

r279, you mean closeted Republican Steve Kornacki?

by Anonymousreply 283July 25, 2020 12:18 AM

R283, is he not out?

I mean, it's Steve Kornacki--who the hell would care at this point, except maybe his parents?

by Anonymousreply 284July 25, 2020 12:37 AM

[quote]What would Tim Russert think of NBC/MSNBC today?

Who the fuck cares? He wasn't qualified for that seat any more than Chuck Todd. In fact, he was a unlawful host, hammering at liberals and letting conservatives and fundies slide without strong follow-up questions.

And when he wasn't being shady to liberals, he was just maudlin and soft.

by Anonymousreply 285July 25, 2020 12:43 AM

^^godawful, not unlawful.

by Anonymousreply 286July 25, 2020 12:44 AM

r283 I absolutely remember steve "coming out" to someone else--I really want to say it was to Rachel Maddow so that's probably who it was--but this was several years ago. I'm not sure on the exact specifics but I remember it did happen and it was treated as almost like an ending comment wrapping up the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 287July 25, 2020 12:51 AM

was not expecting Mehdi Hasan to fill in for Chris Hayes tonight

by Anonymousreply 288July 25, 2020 1:00 AM

I'm no fan of Kornacki, but why are people calling him closeted?

I've seen him mentioning being gay in print interviews about a couple of years ago.

by Anonymousreply 289July 25, 2020 1:09 AM

R281, Steve's coming-out story written back in 2011:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290July 25, 2020 2:29 AM

^Sorry, meant that for R283:

by Anonymousreply 291July 25, 2020 2:29 AM

R288, that was quite a surprise, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 292July 25, 2020 2:30 AM

I liked Steve's story. Nice to know about the emotional guy underneath the political-geek exterior.

by Anonymousreply 293July 25, 2020 4:21 AM

People are talking about Kornacki being “in the closet” as a Republican. Everyone knows he’s gay.

by Anonymousreply 294July 25, 2020 11:35 AM

Kornacki is gay.

by Anonymousreply 295July 25, 2020 2:51 PM

I meant he was a closeted REPUBLICAN.

Fuck, everybody knows Steve Kornacki is one of those homosexual types. He basically came out a few years back.

by Anonymousreply 296July 26, 2020 1:19 AM

that was me at r296.

by Anonymousreply 297July 26, 2020 1:20 AM

All journalists are supposed to be "closeted" as far as their political beliefs. They are all supposed to leave you wondering. I'm sure there are just as many people who hate him for supposedly being a Democrat as there are people like you who hate him for supposedly being a Republican.

Either way, he's a sexy little nerd.

by Anonymousreply 298July 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Does Steve Kornacki ever date anyone, or is he permanently celibate?

by Anonymousreply 299July 26, 2020 2:04 AM

It would solve a big DL mystery if Steven Kornacki were dating David Tyler Muir

by Anonymousreply 300July 26, 2020 2:14 AM

The real mystery is that David Tyler Muir is a closeted Republican.

by Anonymousreply 301July 26, 2020 6:28 AM

Kornaki is in a relationship. David Muir is fuck buds with Gio Benitez.

by Anonymousreply 302July 26, 2020 6:53 AM

Gio is married to Tommy D.

David Muir is in a secret relationship with a man for around 8 years.

He is too scared to come out as a gay man.

His ABC life has been passing for straight since his audience consists of women stroking his ego.

by Anonymousreply 303July 26, 2020 7:35 AM

Kornacki acts like a single man. I doubt he's in a relationship.

by Anonymousreply 304July 26, 2020 10:56 AM

Is Meet the Press on today? It's not on our local NBC station owned by Sinclair.

by Anonymousreply 305July 26, 2020 1:27 PM

No, r305, not in my TV market. I have it on every Sunday.

My usual channel that airs "MTP" is airing Time/Life "Best of Cher" Collection sales pitch, which is, by the way, tempting me.

by Anonymousreply 306July 26, 2020 1:46 PM

NBC, on the West Coast, has British SOCCER with Leicester City hosting Manchester United, preempting the Todd shitfest.

Manchester United should preempt Chuckie EVERY Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 307July 26, 2020 4:18 PM

Steve Kornaki looks like he smells.

by Anonymousreply 308July 26, 2020 4:44 PM

Kornacki looks like he bottoms for Nate Silver.

by Anonymousreply 309July 26, 2020 4:50 PM

The NBC station here in Los Angeles aired a (?) Premier League soccer match (I didn't stick around for any particulars). There are occasions when MTP is preempted for other programming, and I would have expected it today, just not for a soccer match. ABC (This Week w/George S.) and CBS (Face the Nation) aired the service at the Selma chapel for Rep. John Lewis and his caisson procession across the Edmund Pettus Bridge.

by Anonymousreply 310July 26, 2020 5:18 PM

Todd has a 10 PM special tonight 100 days from the election

by Anonymousreply 311July 26, 2020 6:02 PM

r311, thanks for warning us. Chuck Todd is the last person outside of Fox News that I would like to see give any sort of election analysis. I really hope that somehow, someway he can be gone from MSNBC before Election Day.

by Anonymousreply 312July 26, 2020 6:23 PM

Thank you, R311. There usually *is* a better reason to preempt. 😃

R310

by Anonymousreply 313July 26, 2020 6:28 PM

Steve Kornacki talking to Karen Bass on MSNBC right now.

She still gives off dykey vibes to me.

by Anonymousreply 314July 27, 2020 12:34 AM

These people in MSNBC need to stop trying to make Karen Bass happen. Most of America has never even heard of her.

by Anonymousreply 315July 27, 2020 12:43 AM

It was good to see Cutie Kornacki on KasieDC tonight.

by Anonymousreply 316July 27, 2020 2:09 AM

Agree R315, the NYT was just pushing her too. I don't get it.

Love to see the John Lewis service. It looks so beautiful in D.C. today albeit hot...

by Anonymousreply 317July 27, 2020 5:49 PM

Someone passed out, probably from the heat.

by Anonymousreply 318July 27, 2020 5:53 PM

Ya know it's the whole psychology behind the pandemic. Seeing all those people with masks on really does make me feel less foolish wearing on inside and what not.

by Anonymousreply 319July 27, 2020 6:06 PM

Way over the top with the John Lewis coverage.

I felt the same about the John McCain coverage and so did many others on DL.

by Anonymousreply 320July 27, 2020 6:42 PM

Don't forget Michael Jackson -- James Brown too, but not as much as MJ. It's not a matter of respect with the TV news networks, it's just easy to turn the camera on and let it run for hours/days on end. They're lazy.

by Anonymousreply 321July 27, 2020 7:11 PM

R320: No Black history in life......

by Anonymousreply 322July 28, 2020 3:43 PM

R320 = Donald Trump

by Anonymousreply 323July 28, 2020 3:58 PM

Maya Riley leaving MSNBC for possible NYC mayor candidacy?

I love her. She'd make a great mayor if this is true

by Anonymousreply 324July 28, 2020 4:34 PM

Maya Riley? Is she black Irish?

by Anonymousreply 325July 28, 2020 5:38 PM

R325: Her dad is black and mom is white. I like her a lot. I loved it when she gave Jennifer Rubin a Law 101 smackdown lol. It was obvious they didn’t like each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326July 28, 2020 6:20 PM

Maya WILEY.

by Anonymousreply 327July 28, 2020 7:47 PM

I'm really liking Shannon Pettypiece.

I caught her for the first time on Chuck Todd's show, and she is a very good journalist. And I mean ACTUAL journalist.

She's not sensationalist like Katy Tur or Hallie Jackson. She's very serious when she's speaking about politics, and she seems tough as nails.

Under her name was the title "Senior White House Reporter." Formerly held by Chuck Todd and most recently by Kristen Welker.

Did Kristen leave that position?

by Anonymousreply 328July 28, 2020 10:15 PM

Kristen Welker was subbing for Chuck Todd yesterday, so perhaps she's being groomed for a permanent hosting position?

by Anonymousreply 329July 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Morgan Chesky was reporting "live" from Dallas on Tuesday morning in the sweltering heat.

He'd be much more comfortable reporting shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 330July 29, 2020 4:17 AM

I can’t stand how Joy Reid keeps calling Scarf Lady “Dr Beerx”. And keeps saying “Hydroxychloro-Queen”.

by Anonymousreply 331July 29, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]He'd be much more comfortable reporting shirtless.

In contrast, I'd be much hotter with Chesky reporting shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 332July 29, 2020 12:28 PM

Getting ready for this thread to go paywalled...

by Anonymousreply 333July 29, 2020 12:32 PM

And my favorite piece of info jewelry is...

Tiffany Cross.

She is 18.

by Anonymousreply 334July 29, 2020 12:37 PM

18kt^^

by Anonymousreply 335July 29, 2020 12:38 PM

Andrea Mitchell makes me laugh.

She really does seem lost in her thoughts.

It's really hard to watch any segment of her show because she stumbles so much through it.

But I'm sure Andrea's a very nice person.

by Anonymousreply 336July 29, 2020 5:10 PM

Andrea looks like a small broom with a blonde wig on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 337July 29, 2020 5:15 PM

Cory Booker has never come across more gay than on Lawrence's show last night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338July 29, 2020 8:30 PM

Has Cory dropped his beard Rosario Dawson yet?

by Anonymousreply 339July 29, 2020 8:32 PM

Chuck Todd is turning into Mountain Man.

by Anonymousreply 340July 29, 2020 9:46 PM

Glad to see Maya Wiley move into politics, and I wish her well.

IIRC, preteen Ms. Wiley lost her civil rights activist father, George Wiley, during a family boating trip. Sad, and reminiscent of the Naya

by Anonymousreply 341July 29, 2020 10:14 PM

Am I the only one who has a crush on Ben Collins? I think he's adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 342July 29, 2020 10:18 PM

[Edit to R 341] ...Rivera tragedy.

(Is the heat affecting this site today? Slow-loading and now, this.)

by Anonymousreply 343July 29, 2020 10:19 PM

Mimi Rocah is running for Westchester County District Attorney in November.

by Anonymousreply 344July 29, 2020 10:32 PM

R344 that was Jeanine Pirro's old job!!!

by Anonymousreply 345July 29, 2020 10:40 PM

Mary Trump up next on Joy's show!!!!

by Anonymousreply 346July 29, 2020 11:15 PM

R342, Ben is cute but he looks like he sweats a lot.

by Anonymousreply 347July 29, 2020 11:32 PM

R342: Ben reminds me a bit of DL fave Josh Barro.

by Anonymousreply 348July 30, 2020 12:16 AM

No r 342, you’re not. Ben Collins is HOT! What’s the story on him? Is he one of us?

by Anonymousreply 349July 30, 2020 12:32 AM

R342, I would gladly eat his cum!

by Anonymousreply 350July 30, 2020 12:47 AM

Ben suffers from SAS

by Anonymousreply 351July 30, 2020 12:51 AM

I'd love to find that out personally, R351.

by Anonymousreply 352July 30, 2020 1:02 AM

Ben was reporting from his living room today and he was in front of a brick wall, just like Jonathan Lemire. Do you think he was actually in Jonathan's living room?

by Anonymousreply 353July 30, 2020 1:39 AM

Earlier today some other reporter - I don't remember whom - was also in front of a room that had a brick wall.

Now you've got me wondering what's going on at the Lemire residence?

by Anonymousreply 354July 30, 2020 1:49 AM

Cute Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355July 30, 2020 1:51 AM

Sweaty Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 30, 2020 1:52 AM

Sexy Ben.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 30, 2020 1:53 AM

I want Rachel to nurse herself.

I like Ari Velshi.

Still, I'm having Rachel Withdrawals and I need a fix.

by Anonymousreply 358July 30, 2020 1:53 AM

Doesn't look like Ben has a hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 359July 30, 2020 3:21 AM

David Plouffe looks good with the beard and moustache.

by Anonymousreply 360July 30, 2020 3:39 AM

I always thought David Plouffe was gay; but alas, he's married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 361July 30, 2020 3:59 AM

Ali Velshi is doing a great job filling in for Rachel

by Anonymousreply 362July 30, 2020 11:51 AM

Yeah, I miss Rachel too.

I DVR her show every night, but as soon as I see Ali Velshi's face, I have to "delete."

And I then instead DRV Brian Williams show - but only for the snarky 5-minute summary of what mind-boggling stuff happened throughout the day.

by Anonymousreply 363July 30, 2020 12:27 PM

R363, Ali Veshi has a face for radio.

by Anonymousreply 364July 30, 2020 1:44 PM

I’ll take Ali Veshi’s face, and anchoring, over Barf Face Chuck Todd any day.

by Anonymousreply 365July 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Morgan being a good role model with his masks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366July 30, 2020 3:32 PM

I would have never known that Chris Hayes likes to workout. He's always been on the chubby side. Maybe he just misses the steamroom?

"Beginning to come to terms with the fact that there is no "going back to the gym" for...a while."

"Been using resistance bands and TRX, but think I'm gonna buy some actual weights. Really really miss it."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367July 30, 2020 3:54 PM

No one says he has to wear some many other clothes though, R366. He can wear the mask all he wants and remove other pieces.

by Anonymousreply 368July 30, 2020 4:56 PM

Hayes must eat like shit then because he has a pudgy build. Not fat but all bulk, no definition, no visible veins

by Anonymousreply 369July 30, 2020 6:09 PM

R369, Chris Hayes is one of the least attractive men to ever host a television news program.

by Anonymousreply 370July 30, 2020 6:14 PM

Chris Hayes looks like a thumb with glasses on.

by Anonymousreply 371July 30, 2020 7:09 PM

Ali Velshi has a peanut head

by Anonymousreply 372July 30, 2020 7:17 PM

Ali Veshi's head looks like a deformed glans.

by Anonymousreply 373July 30, 2020 7:27 PM

Well then I must need to raise my standards because to me, Chris Hayes is just fine. Look at how nicely he fills out that polo and jeans in his Twitter photo at R367. To me, those are some nice biceps. Or the clothes he wears on camera: the sleeves on his sports coat are stretched over those arms and when he's standing up, from certain angles, you can see he has nice muscular thighs and butt. Plus his bespectacled blue eyes and smile, his intellect and humor, conversations definitely would not be boring. My only disappointment is when he wears his shirt open, it doesn't reveal some decent chest hair. Yes, I know he's straight, but he's more attractive than I am.

But the one I find most attractive is Steve Kornacki. Dark hair, blue eyes, glasses, killer smile. The tall, lanky body of a skinny guy who gained weight with age. I've heard he's quite the foodie (he also likes his drink) so it's surprising he's not more chubby than he is. It's cute the way he gets so excited and animated about statistics and historic facts, often getting caught by the camera with a pen or paper hanging out of his mouth while looking at his phone. Steve just seems like a nice, smart, fun, and funny old fashioned guy. I don't care about his fear of flying or checking under the bed and in the closet for monsters, or how often sex rears its head (or not),Kornacki's husband material to me.

by Anonymousreply 374July 30, 2020 9:57 PM

Has anyone seen Vaughn Hillyard recently? I feel bad for him because he has nothing to do with no political campaigning happening.

In 2016, Katy Tur, Kasie Hunt and Hallie Jackson all became stars because of the presidential campaign and even got their own shows afterwards. None of that is happening this year because of the pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 375July 30, 2020 10:01 PM

I need to be rimming Morgan Chesky deeply.

by Anonymousreply 376July 30, 2020 10:06 PM

R374 yes you have low standards if Chris Hayes and Steve Kornacki are your type

by Anonymousreply 377July 30, 2020 10:10 PM

Fuck off and go back to beating your tiny meat through your caftan while looking at your Instahoes cunt at R377. I'm sure all those conceited queens are lining up outside your mom's basement door to get to you since you're such a prize.

by Anonymousreply 378July 30, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote] Has anyone seen Vaughn Hillyard recently? I feel bad for him because he has nothing to do with no political campaigning happening.

Unfortunately, he has been laid off.

Last I heard, he's turning tricks.

by Anonymousreply 379July 30, 2020 10:24 PM

Blow me, Morgan.

by Anonymousreply 380July 31, 2020 2:37 AM

Vaughn is fine, sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 381July 31, 2020 4:14 AM

Vaughn has a sloppy hole.

by Anonymousreply 382July 31, 2020 4:16 AM

This looks like the beginning of a porn scene...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383July 31, 2020 4:16 AM

I'm pretty sure that these two fucked later on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384July 31, 2020 4:25 AM

R384, That's his father!

by Anonymousreply 385July 31, 2020 4:39 AM

Could anyone tell me where I can see my adorable precious Steve Patterson? Who's show does he normally appear on?

by Anonymousreply 386July 31, 2020 4:41 AM

Oh lord, R385. I had no idea.

I seriously feel stupid right now. *blushing*

by Anonymousreply 387July 31, 2020 4:42 AM

R386 he usually appears during the day. He seems to be confined to California, Oregon and Washington states

by Anonymousreply 388July 31, 2020 4:56 AM

Thank you r388!

by Anonymousreply 389July 31, 2020 5:10 AM

Well, I suppose it is possible you still weren't wrong, R387/R384, if that makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 390July 31, 2020 5:55 PM

r383, the Traveling Seed Salesman and the Farmer.

A classic

by Anonymousreply 391July 31, 2020 5:58 PM

MSNBC without Rachel is like American Horror Story without Jessica Lange.

by Anonymousreply 392July 31, 2020 6:19 PM

Rofl R390.

You're naughty.

Don't let Vaughn catch you talking like that!

by Anonymousreply 393July 31, 2020 6:29 PM

Are Vaughn and his father the new Ivanka/Donald?

by Anonymousreply 394July 31, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] Are Vaughn and his father the new Ivanka/Donald?

Only if they're from Alabama, Mississippi, Kentucky, or West Virginia.

by Anonymousreply 395July 31, 2020 6:46 PM

Can understand all the lust here for super studmuffin Chuck Todd. Only one of those emerges once in decades.

by Anonymousreply 396July 31, 2020 6:48 PM

I've noticed that Chuck Todd is styling his hair differently and has dyed it a new shade. It looks amazing!

by Anonymousreply 397July 31, 2020 8:21 PM

I know you are being facetious, but I think Chuck Todd is nice looking.

That stated, Ari is hot as hell and just exudes sexiness. The scruff really works. Love his hands.

by Anonymousreply 398July 31, 2020 10:22 PM

Ari Melber needs to stop pretending to be a Millennial. Nobody believes he was born in 1980.

by Anonymousreply 399July 31, 2020 10:29 PM

Melber is 1 of the youngest Gen Xers

by Anonymousreply 400August 1, 2020 1:17 AM

Ari Melber grooms his bush on a weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 401August 1, 2020 2:17 AM

I'm hating Joy Reid's new wig!

Is it just me or does Steve Kornacki only own two pairs of pants?

by Anonymousreply 402August 1, 2020 2:22 AM

Steve just looks unkempt all the time. I worry about his anal hygiene

by Anonymousreply 403August 1, 2020 10:48 AM

I think Steve has gotten just a wee bit chunky lately, but still he's cute and on TV, so I'm sure he has no problem getting laid.

by Anonymousreply 404August 1, 2020 1:21 PM

[quote]Is it just me or does Steve Kornacki only own two pairs of pants?

He has a dozen of them, but they're all the exact same color.

by Anonymousreply 405August 1, 2020 2:58 PM

Kornacki's "uniform" is a bit like Rachel's. A couple of her interviewers have noted how she has a long rack of almost identical looking blazers in her office.

by Anonymousreply 406August 1, 2020 3:11 PM

Just because Steve's clothes are the same every day and rumpled doesn't have any indication of his personal hygiene. He's cute as hell. I'll bet he is just as rambunctious and energetic in bed as he is at the big board.

by Anonymousreply 407August 1, 2020 4:27 PM

[quote]Kornacki's "uniform" is a bit like Rachel's. A couple of her interviewers have noted how she has a long rack of almost identical looking blazers in her office.

There’s something to be said for finding a personal style that works for you and sticking with it, especially for work. Not everyone can be a fashion maven like Sharon Stone who made a Gap T-shirt into an Oscar look.

by Anonymousreply 408August 1, 2020 4:39 PM

I always get the feeling that Kornacki doesn't shower properly. He's one of the guys who washes his hair and just let the suds run over his body and that's it. He probably doesn't even use a washcloth on his hole. Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 409August 1, 2020 4:43 PM

Kornacki is unbearable. He comes alive over his whiteboard full of numbers that only mean something while he is talking about them. He is a poor host and worst interviewer. He is scared of women, does not connect with people of color, does not know how to relate other than the way he saw Dad treat Mother. See clip to see how he tries to treat Zerlina Maxwell, who was not having it. The question concerned Ilhan, Pressley and Omar. When he hosts he is most comfortable talking to older white male pols.

As far as him being cute or fuckable, NOPE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 410August 1, 2020 7:33 PM

r410, that’s one of my favorite MSNBC moments. Ms. Zerlina wasn’t having it. She gathered his beady-eyed ass.

by Anonymousreply 411August 1, 2020 7:38 PM

Kornacki does have terrible social awkwardness. Did he treat any white females the same as Maxwell? Full disclosure: I haven't seen K-M exchange...

by Anonymousreply 412August 1, 2020 7:42 PM

Lol R409.

That's pretty damned specific.

by Anonymousreply 413August 1, 2020 9:36 PM

Zerlina Maxwell will cut a bitch. Poor little Steve was cowering and trembling in her presence.

She cut Mayo Pete’s campaign manager (a little white girl) to shreds on Twitter one night without even batting an eyelash too. Don’t fuck with Z!

by Anonymousreply 414August 1, 2020 10:13 PM

Kornacki is fine reading the polls board. He's an awful host and certainly not eye candy.

by Anonymousreply 415August 1, 2020 11:09 PM

[quote]He's an awful host and certainly not eye candy.

He's a nerdy academic, and that "type" certainly has its fans.

by Anonymousreply 416August 1, 2020 11:36 PM

r410, What do you expect from him? He's a closet REPUBLICAN.

He's already out of that other closet.

by Anonymousreply 417August 2, 2020 12:39 AM

Once again, a right leaning white guy gets a break on DL from the posters because some perceive him as CUTE.

Oh Datalounge, never change.

by Anonymousreply 418August 2, 2020 12:48 AM

I've never seen Steve do anything to indicate he is right (or left) leaning. He's just a political nerd. He doesn't care as much about the ending as he does the political journey to get there. And look/act damn cute while doing so.

by Anonymousreply 419August 2, 2020 6:11 PM

Kornacki queens, I respect your hustle. If it were a Friday night in the city and we both had enough, it could be done.

But he seems like the ultimate workaholic. No time for sex because he's clack, clack, clacking away on that Mac making sure the big board looks good for tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 420August 3, 2020 3:04 PM

R420, definitely agree that he seems to be the workaholic type. I had a buddy who thought nothing of working 16 hour days EVERY week, Monday through Friday, and then he'd go help out his parents all weekend out-of-town. He was a great lay but we didn't get to do it enough because of his crazy work fix. He'd rather work than have sex.

by Anonymousreply 421August 3, 2020 5:01 PM

The only thing that I agree with about Kornacki, is that he has poor anal hygiene.

In fact, he has poor hygiene... period.

He looks filthy top side, and even filthier underneath.

Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 422August 3, 2020 5:11 PM

Oh, and both Vaughn (in Arizona still) and Steve Patterson (in California) were both on Meet the Press on Sunday. Vaughn was all dressed up like a big boy in jacket and tie.

by Anonymousreply 423August 3, 2020 5:12 PM

Even if that were the case, R422, imagine how much fun it would be to get him in the shower and get him all scrubbed and cleaned up to your satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 424August 3, 2020 5:14 PM

I want to eat out Vaughn’s ass until he thinks he’s literally going to pass out from being in such ecstasy. Then fuck him from behind and cum in his ass.

by Anonymousreply 425August 3, 2020 5:23 PM

Well they may finally be admitting how awful Chuck Toad is.

[quote] MSNBC is shaking up its daytime lineup. @chucktodd will move to 1pm and @NicolleDWallace will expand her program to 2 hours, filling the 5pm spot vacated by Todd. @AymanM will now anchor 3pm hour. @KatyTurNBC who has been anchoring 2pm-4pm, will keep 2pm hour.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426August 3, 2020 5:34 PM

Fantastic news, R426.

I watched MTP for the first time in about a year recently and Chuck Todd was so unhygienic and annoying. He kept putting his hand up to his mouth with a couple fingers splayed so it almost looked like he was picking his nose or discretely trying to eat a booger. Her also looked like he was picking at a cuticle. It was so unprofessional and just gross in general. Of course, he was the ultimate “no value added” contributor to the segment as well.

I’ve said this before, but Nicolle Wallace consistently hyped up whoever is coming up next (usually saying something along the lines of “the FABULOUS Katy Tur”) while just stating Todd’s name like it’s naming butter in a recipe.

by Anonymousreply 427August 3, 2020 5:43 PM

r426, they are shipping General Todd off to the streaming Phantom Zone.

by Anonymousreply 428August 3, 2020 6:35 PM

Is Andrea Mitchell leaving also? Her show is just sad. She needs to retire.

by Anonymousreply 429August 3, 2020 6:39 PM

Why isn't Choad the Todd on CNN or Fox? He'd be right at home there.

by Anonymousreply 430August 3, 2020 6:39 PM

Chuck is the head of politics for NBC. During elections years he does a lot more on the prime time NBC network. He’s hardly there for his daily show anyway. I doubt this is them getting rid of him-it was probably a mutual decision.

by Anonymousreply 431August 3, 2020 6:44 PM

It was so nice to see that Christian Minister Broadcaster on Face the Nation this week.

Even HE is better than Todd. Mebbe, MSNBC would want to snipe a REAL Fundie Conservative.

He MARRIED Megunt and her fundy Husbear before McCain died.

Praise Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 432August 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Katy Tur definitely munches carpet on the side. She pings like crazy. Her husband is so hot too, a shame.

by Anonymousreply 433August 3, 2020 6:45 PM

Kasie Hunt is the gay one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434August 3, 2020 6:49 PM

Did anyone see the pink tranny trying to come for Andrea Mitchell and Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) the other day?

Her name is “Sissy Grace” and she is completely deranged. Everyone in D.C. tries to stay out of her way. She is always dressed in pink undies and bra (with a very meaty tuck, I might add). Always zipping around on a pink scooter. She collects money for a homeless shelter for trans people called Casa Ruby but simply pockets the money (she has no affiliation with the organization). She is very unstable and there’s already an active case against her here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 435August 3, 2020 6:56 PM

good I rarely watch at 1 PM so I'm glad in a couple weeks Todd will no longer be on at 5 anymore

I don't know if Nicole needs 2 hours though.

by Anonymousreply 436August 3, 2020 7:04 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Steve Patterson and Vaughn have receptive anal intercourse

by Anonymousreply 437August 3, 2020 7:08 PM

Throw in Sam Brock...hubbuh

by Anonymousreply 438August 3, 2020 8:34 PM

Wow Kasie Hunt is uber-dykey at R434. Did you know she used to play volleyball? Mmmm hmmm.

And I never knew that Hallie Jackson has thunder thighs. No wonder she's so insecure, and overcompensates by being loud and obnoxious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 439August 3, 2020 8:37 PM

Kasie has more lesbian friends than Rachel Maddow!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440August 3, 2020 8:38 PM

Is Hallie still on the network? I swear I have not seen her in ages.

by Anonymousreply 441August 3, 2020 9:23 PM

R441, She's taking the world's longest maternity leave. Katy Tur took a long one too, but she's a bigger star and could afford to. This is why corporations prefer to hire men over women.

I bet Hallie loses her morning show since she excels in politics and the big presidential election will be history by the time she returns.

by Anonymousreply 442August 3, 2020 9:31 PM

Kristen Welker should be given one of Nicole's two hours.

by Anonymousreply 443August 4, 2020 12:50 AM

R443: No, Kristen Welker is very boring/one note and just reports the news. As a White House corrsespondent, I never heard her express an original opinion or thought. Just repeated the news and what Trump said. Has that changed?

by Anonymousreply 444August 4, 2020 3:12 AM

*correspondent

by Anonymousreply 445August 4, 2020 3:20 AM

R444, Kristen Welker has been co-hosting the Saturday morning version of The Today Show since January and she's great at it...smart and sweet...and she and Peter Alexander get along like siblings (like siblings who get along, that is).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446August 4, 2020 3:23 AM

I would let Peter touch my no-no

by Anonymousreply 447August 4, 2020 4:11 PM

Andrew Cuomo was in Nicolles show yesterday, he’s looking good , tan and has a great smile he made me all puffy down there

by Anonymousreply 448August 4, 2020 4:40 PM

Uh, oh. Lawrence O'Donnell's producer quits and accuses MSNBC of being Fox News.

And what a public and scathing way to do it. She went nuclear. 💣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449August 4, 2020 5:01 PM

R449, Stop the hammering!

by Anonymousreply 450August 4, 2020 5:13 PM

Chris Jansing at the top of the 3pm east coast hour said that Brian and Nicolle would be joining her shortly. They never appeared. In the lower corner they were advertising a Kamala Harris being interviewed by Nicolle during the 4pm hour and now it just shows Harris. Chris Jansing continues to anchor both hours.

by Anonymousreply 451August 4, 2020 8:12 PM

Yeah, I saw earlier that Nicole was being advertised as having Harris on at 4. Something's up.

by Anonymousreply 452August 4, 2020 8:19 PM

Both Nicole and Brian had their remote access knocked out due to the storm. Harris is on with Chris now.

by Anonymousreply 453August 4, 2020 8:30 PM

Kamala was absolutely glowing during her interview with Chris Jansing. Something is up there.

by Anonymousreply 454August 4, 2020 8:34 PM

[quote]Kamala was absolutely glowing during her interview with Chris Jansing. Something is up there.

She was stumbling over her words and not saying anything new other than "Trump sucks".

by Anonymousreply 455August 4, 2020 8:38 PM

R454, A butt plug?

by Anonymousreply 456August 4, 2020 9:10 PM

finally Rachel's back after 6 shows missed

by Anonymousreply 457August 5, 2020 1:04 AM

Kasie Hunt is married to Matthew Rivera. Just had a baby recently. She does give lesbian vibes though.

by Anonymousreply 458August 5, 2020 3:40 AM

Obviously, she likes the big D. I've met her in person, and she comes across as a sorority girl.

by Anonymousreply 459August 5, 2020 3:45 AM

Rachel congratulated Nicolle last night on Nicolle's new two-hour show.

by Anonymousreply 460August 5, 2020 6:28 PM

Cracking up at Nick Confessore reporting from a peach colored bedroom with wicker furniture and a floral bedspread. I wonder if he’s on vacation, if his own house is that girly.

by Anonymousreply 461August 6, 2020 8:30 PM

LOL R461 Hopefully he thought it would be funny...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462August 6, 2020 8:36 PM

R462, That's a teenage girl's bedroom. I'm not sure what that means in his case?

by Anonymousreply 463August 6, 2020 8:51 PM

Nick looks good with that beard

by Anonymousreply 464August 6, 2020 9:35 PM

The article at the link calls Nicolle Wallace a "one trick pony" and he's right. She's been working that one trick to maximum advantage and I do agree with her viewpoint, but her show is fairly shallow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465August 6, 2020 11:24 PM

Nick Confessore is married (to a woman) and I'm assuming it was SHE who decorated the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 466August 6, 2020 11:49 PM

Joy’s “Craziest Thing In the World” bit is awful. I mute and look away.

by Anonymousreply 467August 7, 2020 12:13 AM

Oh cheer up r467! I think it’s cute.

by Anonymousreply 468August 7, 2020 12:19 AM

R465 They’re all one trick ponies. Wallace, Velshi, Brian Williams, O’Donnell etc. and add to that the gang at CNN too. It’s “Trump sucks!” all day and night 5 days a week. All Trump all the time. I don’t know what these people will do for material after next January.

It’s boring. We know Trump sucks. How about covering something else every now and then, like what’s happening in the REST OF THE WORLD?

by Anonymousreply 469August 7, 2020 3:06 AM

I like it, too, R468.

by Anonymousreply 470August 7, 2020 3:53 AM

[Quote]She's been working that one trick to maximum advantage and I do agree with her viewpoint, but her show is fairly shallow

Could you flesh your position out for yourself? Like give concrete examples and shit...

by Anonymousreply 471August 7, 2020 6:21 AM

Whoever is shitting on Nicolle all over this thread is a GOP troll. They hate her for going after (effectively and often with a caustic wit) their Orange Anus God.

by Anonymousreply 472August 7, 2020 2:43 PM

R472, Why did the McCain family not invite Nicolle to John's funeral?

Could she have attended without an invitation?

Ivanka and Jared were there and I doubt if they were invited.

by Anonymousreply 473August 7, 2020 5:21 PM

Rachel lost me last night when she began to summarize her interview with the former London diplomat (which took up half the previous show) for the second time. God that woman needs an editor.

by Anonymousreply 474August 7, 2020 5:51 PM

[QUOTE] Why did the McCain family not invite Nicolle to John's funeral?

Who really gives a fuck? They were probably still blaming her for the Sarah Palin thing. I assure you that she had better things to do that day.

by Anonymousreply 475August 7, 2020 6:31 PM

R475, Nicolle was publicly humiliated.

by Anonymousreply 476August 7, 2020 6:38 PM

R474 because right after she had on Ted Lieu to talk about his letter to the FBI asking for an investigation of our ambassador to the UK regarding attempted bribery.

No one else in the media is even talking about Trump's golf course scandal. I'm glad Rachel is

In any other time this should be 1 of the top stories.

but no, most of the media is obsessed with fucking poll.s It's like they learned nothing from 4 years ago when they were obsessing over polls. It's August not October

by Anonymousreply 477August 7, 2020 6:43 PM

The golf course scandal is such small potatoes. He asked a personal favor using his ambassador. It was not granted. He should not have done it. The end. We already know that he’s only thinking of himself. He was impeached over something far worse. Rachel sometimes gets overly excited.

by Anonymousreply 478August 7, 2020 8:17 PM

Why is Katy Tur hosting the 5pm hour all week? I thought was Chuck Toad, and now being replaced with Nicolle Wallace?

by Anonymousreply 479August 8, 2020 12:01 AM

Sam Seder sitting in for Chris Hayes tonight.

by Anonymousreply 480August 8, 2020 12:18 AM

Sam Seder is certainly an aesthetic improvement over Chris Hayes.

by Anonymousreply 481August 8, 2020 12:28 AM

[quote]The golf course scandal is such small potatoes. He asked a personal favor using his ambassador. It was not granted.

Except for any other president, it would be a big story, considering that was a favor for financial gain.

That it was not granted was irrelevant - just like when Trump had his "perfect call" with Volodymyr Zelensky and not having that personal favor granted.

The bar for what's what's considered "small potatoes" keeps getting lower and lower.

by Anonymousreply 482August 8, 2020 1:02 AM

Rachel is an explainer.

It is what she does.

She is very good at it.

by Anonymousreply 483August 8, 2020 2:11 AM

yeah it shouldn't be overlooked that Trump again is trying to use the office of the presidency for profit, a very impeachable offense

Now is it as important as his intentional mishandling of coronavirus or his allegiance to Putin? No but it should still be mentioned

by Anonymousreply 484August 8, 2020 2:17 AM

[Quote]Why did the McCain family not invite Nicolle to John's funeral?

Because she and Steve Schmidt were major sources for John Heilleman and Mark Halperin's Game Change about the '08 election, specifically their discontent and disbelief over Sarah Palin who was foisted on the campaign by the Republican National Committee. They did not choose her, contrary to what some posters say. They had to deal with her numerous shortcomings on a daily basis. To this day, Palin blames Wallace for the Katie Couric interview debacle.

To the McCains, they were disloyal. Wallace did attend Bush Sr's funeral, though. She gave a brief report from Houston. It was obvious she had been crying.

by Anonymousreply 485August 8, 2020 3:20 AM

[quote] Rachel is an explainer. It is what she does. She is very good at it.

She’s decided to teach the slow kids. Some of us don’t need every point repeated three times.

by Anonymousreply 486August 8, 2020 4:54 AM

Jeremy Bash has great skin and teeth for a white guy who's almost 50.

by Anonymousreply 487August 8, 2020 6:10 AM

[quote]Rachel is an explainer.

Rachel is a bloviator.

by Anonymousreply 488August 8, 2020 11:12 AM

[quote]She’s decided to teach the slow kids. Some of us don’t need every point repeated three times.

That's the problem: it's only "some" who don't need that.

Most people do need it repeated three times, as witness to way too many of the comments found on DL's political threads for example.

by Anonymousreply 489August 8, 2020 2:31 PM

Jeremy Bash, yum. One of my tv seriously stern tv bf s. The way he enunciates as he lays out Trump's egregious Putin loving! God, love to be drilled by him, as he intones "you WILL take it".

MSNBC has the best serious G-men type contributors. Cliff Watts, Frank Figluzzi, even mild daddy Chuck Rosenberg. Those upright, uptight, buttoned down serious types just set me off.

by Anonymousreply 490August 8, 2020 2:32 PM

Poor Jill Wine Banks. She was a huge superstar on MSNBC for the 2 years that the Mueller Report was going on, and now she's nowhere to be seen.

by Anonymousreply 491August 8, 2020 3:55 PM

I want Cliff inside me quite deeply I miss Jill, I hope she is okay

by Anonymousreply 492August 9, 2020 5:18 PM

Everything about Clint Watt says humongous cock.

by Anonymousreply 493August 9, 2020 6:35 PM

R491 she was on in the early evening following Trump's dumb exec order

by Anonymousreply 494August 9, 2020 7:07 PM

I think Zerlina would make a great host. She was auditioning this weekend in Joy's former time slot. It was great to see Hillary on

also Clint finally shaved off the facial hair. He looked hot today

by Anonymousreply 495August 9, 2020 7:16 PM

Zerlina for the win! That Tiffany (Joy Jr.) gadfly is insufferable!

by Anonymousreply 496August 9, 2020 8:25 PM

I strongly disagree! I like Zerlina but her delivery is too dry to be a news show hosts. Tiffany has the right energy that’s needed for that spot.

by Anonymousreply 497August 9, 2020 8:28 PM

Seeing Tiffany Cross skewer a lying politician or pundit is a thing of beauty.

We loves our Tiffany Cross...

by Anonymousreply 498August 9, 2020 10:01 PM

Vaughn was on Katie's show tonight, adorable as ever.

by Anonymousreply 499August 10, 2020 1:13 AM

Vaughn could use a good rosebud tickling

by Anonymousreply 500August 10, 2020 2:10 PM

I love Zerlina as a contributor but she was tripping up on both shows this weekend which is surprising because she has a radio show.

by Anonymousreply 501August 10, 2020 3:43 PM

Nicole Wallace is a war criminal who lied to the American people every day and got a million people killed in Iraq. She was directly responsible for the talking points coming out of the White House and the ones on Fox News. Now she’s a liberal hero with a two hour block on MSNBC. Can’t make it up.

by Anonymousreply 502August 10, 2020 3:49 PM

Andrea Mitchell remains at MSNBC because she has built-up a lot of political and media connections around Washinton, DC and New York over the decades. Older women watching from home are comfortable with her.

by Anonymousreply 503August 10, 2020 4:38 PM

^Washington

by Anonymousreply 504August 10, 2020 4:39 PM

Bygones, r502. Bygones.

by Anonymousreply 505August 10, 2020 5:36 PM

"AM Zerlina" doesn't exactly roll off the lips.

by Anonymousreply 506August 11, 2020 1:08 AM

Ask YOUR doctor about AM Zerlina. Do not take if you are allergic to AM Zerlina.

by Anonymousreply 507August 11, 2020 3:52 AM

R506, They should change it to "Morning Wood".

by Anonymousreply 508August 11, 2020 5:31 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Morgan Chesky & Vaughn Hillyard on Morning Wood.

Or better yet, morning wood on them.

by Anonymousreply 509August 11, 2020 12:19 PM

I always stop and watch when Steve Schmidt is on. The way he unabashedly batters Trump with relentless verbal assaults just makes me happy. Every day Trump says and does shit that is absolutely infuriating and too often the press treats him neutrally. It's good for my psyche to hear Schmidt obliterate him over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 510August 12, 2020 1:22 AM

Steve Schmidt is a one trick pony.

You ALWAYS know what he's going to say.

Sunny "Low Rent" Hostin is another.

by Anonymousreply 511August 12, 2020 11:24 AM

Claire McCaskill is a trip.

She was on Morning Joe earlier, broadcasting from her kitchen. Her kitchen!

Sink, center island, and fruit bowl on the counter.

Claire was a US Senator for fuck's sake, and now she's an MSNBC Political Contributor.

Can't she turn one of her bedrooms into an office????

C'mon, woman. At least try to look professional!

by Anonymousreply 512August 12, 2020 11:45 AM

I find Schmidt quite the wordsmith...he speaks like he is on the spectrum but he can really effectively string words together

by Anonymousreply 513August 12, 2020 11:45 AM

Steve Schmidt always seems like he's auditioning for something, like he's desperately trying to impress someone in order to land a cushier gig.

by Anonymousreply 514August 12, 2020 12:14 PM

Has Mika had yet another makeover?

Her hair is now darker and her entire face looks smoother and plumper.

by Anonymousreply 515August 12, 2020 12:24 PM

[quote]She was on Morning Joe earlier, broadcasting from her kitchen. Her kitchen!

Oh, the humility!

BTW, John Heilemann broadcasts from his kitchen as well (unlike Jonathan Lemire, who always seems to be in some back corner of his basement).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516August 12, 2020 2:25 PM

Where do you queens get these screen grabs? They are entirely relevant.

Re Nicolle: When y'all remind me that she is responsible for some of the past Republican horrors, I hate her all over again. That article was spot on about the one trick pony.

I am so happy to see Aymin on my TV everyday. He looks really enthused to be reporting news on something other than BREAKING NEWS CORONAVIRUS! I was starting to wonder if he even wanted the anchoring job.

by Anonymousreply 517August 12, 2020 2:43 PM

I think they have to broadcast from the room that provides the best light and the best angles for TV. The backgrounds are also being judged in social media.

by Anonymousreply 518August 12, 2020 2:47 PM

Nancy Pelosi was on "live" with Craig Melvin this morning and she was sweating so profusely it looked like she was melting.

by Anonymousreply 519August 12, 2020 4:01 PM

It’s super hot in DC.

by Anonymousreply 520August 12, 2020 4:32 PM

You follow ratemyskyperoom on Twitter, don't you? They rate all of the news appearance rooms and John Heilemann and Claire McCaskill are two of the favorites, as is Steve Schmidt. John Heilemann appears to have the overall best house...and two huge Great Danes.

by Anonymousreply 521August 12, 2020 5:57 PM

If you are going to be on national television, there are two things you MUST invest in:

1) Air conditioning for your home/office.

2) An office.

It's really not that hard, nor is it expensive.

For fuck's sake!

by Anonymousreply 522August 12, 2020 6:23 PM

R521 I like Jonathan Capehart's background the best. He has this beautiful shelf

by Anonymousreply 523August 12, 2020 7:50 PM

Love Phil Rucker, and his exposed brick wall and flowers. He used a angle the other day, corner window and you could see the buildings in DC. Perhaps it wasn't his home. Anyway, I love him, his cherub face, his reporting, his little gay self.

by Anonymousreply 524August 12, 2020 8:14 PM

A while back Jeremy Bash was broadcasting from what appeared to be his house, and it was a vast two story space, almost all glass. It was very impressive. Now he’s been broadcasting with a fake Capitol background, perhaps he didn’t want to disclose too much.

by Anonymousreply 525August 12, 2020 10:10 PM

Morgan Chesky was reporting "live" from Dallas this afternoon on "The Big Ten".

by Anonymousreply 526August 13, 2020 1:03 AM

I want to see Jeremy Bash naked.

by Anonymousreply 527August 13, 2020 3:09 AM

It was like 90% humidity in DC yesterday and 95 degrees. Atrocious. You'd be sweating too and I'm sure the Capitol being an old building has poor AC especially in the vast halls.

by Anonymousreply 528August 13, 2020 1:11 PM

Probably, R528.

It must be freezing in the Winter time too.

by Anonymousreply 529August 13, 2020 3:13 PM

eew imagine being in close space around most of those old gross congressmen. Only a few of them I wouldn't mind being near

by Anonymousreply 530August 13, 2020 7:36 PM

Mmmm...hottie Dr. Vin Gupta in his deep V scrubs showing off a little chest hair.

by Anonymousreply 531August 14, 2020 3:16 AM

That must've been a pretty deep V scrub because "little chest hair" seems to be the operative phrase in this particular pic (unless Dr. G does some manscaping)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532August 14, 2020 12:44 PM

Eugene Robinson has one of the coolest home backgrounds. It's really interesting.

I wish I could have found a screenshot of it, but there were none that I could find.

He has photos of his sons(?) on the middle shelf behind him, some other family photos on the lower shelf behind him, and some Native American feather type things on the upper shelf, with a little tiki-like statue. It's very eclectic.

Then there is this beautiful mural type of thing over a red brick wall, and it looks like a recreation of an old photo or painting.

It's absolutely fabulous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533August 14, 2020 12:54 PM

Wow...just had a rare Matt Bradley sighting! And in his home for the first time. He is letting his hair grow out. He is super handsome.

by Anonymousreply 534August 14, 2020 1:59 PM

Love Gene Robinson, he is smart, cool and calm. Great writer

by Anonymousreply 535August 14, 2020 2:09 PM

I love Robinson’s voice.

by Anonymousreply 536August 14, 2020 2:54 PM

Morgan Chesky needs to report live from my bedroom after he’s fucked me into near exhaustion.

by Anonymousreply 537August 14, 2020 7:29 PM

OMG -- Alicia Menendez is subbing for Nicole Wallace today, what deaf person ever told her to go into broadcasting, her voice is like sandpaper to the ears. Would she have ever been hired if her father wasn't a Senator?

by Anonymousreply 538August 14, 2020 8:27 PM

I agree, R531. Dr. Gupta is a hottie. Would love to know if he's into the mansex.

by Anonymousreply 539August 14, 2020 8:44 PM

Beto is on "live" with Joy and looking hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 540August 14, 2020 11:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541August 15, 2020 12:50 AM

Yeah, yeah, R541. That's old news. You gotta do what you've gotta do to look good on live TV. He's still hot as hell, then and now.

by Anonymousreply 542August 15, 2020 12:59 AM

Best day ever! Garret Haake is filling in for the 12-2 show. He looks so hot as an anchor!

by Anonymousreply 543August 15, 2020 4:34 PM

I've never seen Haake as an anchor. Yep, he sure does beat the blowzy Alex Witt.

by Anonymousreply 544August 15, 2020 4:41 PM

Poor Vaughn.

Has he been fired yet?

by Anonymousreply 545August 15, 2020 6:12 PM

Garrett needs his own show and pronto. Preferably shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 546August 15, 2020 6:18 PM

I like that MSNBC is suddenly having different people guest hosting. They needed to mix it up more.

I like Velshi but I don't need to see him 3 times a day every day

by Anonymousreply 547August 15, 2020 6:28 PM

Do you think Vaughn Hillyard is jealous of the new twink MSNBC reporter Gary Grumbach? He seems to be taking over from Vaughn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 548August 15, 2020 6:47 PM

Gary and his brother are adorable, R548.

I've never seen him on MSNBC. When is he on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 549August 15, 2020 6:52 PM

Vaughn does not have one shirtless shot on his Insta. Who does he think he is?

by Anonymousreply 550August 15, 2020 6:53 PM

Look at how adorable Gary is!

Like he's talking to his grandfather.

He has such a sweet quality about him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551August 15, 2020 6:54 PM

I'll stick with Vaughn, thank you. The scoliosis X-rays were interesting. His family is obviously loaded.

by Anonymousreply 552August 15, 2020 7:07 PM

R549 - He was reporting from a college in N Carolina where he's an alumnus. Can't recall the name of the school. I'd never heard of it before. They're requiring students to attend classes in person with few exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 553August 15, 2020 7:39 PM

R553, Elon. I'd never heard of it either.

by Anonymousreply 554August 15, 2020 8:08 PM

Though it's 5 days old I don't think this was posted here. Chuck is really losing power over at NBC. The brass floated the idea of replacing him on Sunday MTP with Wallace. He got to keep it but he was clearly demoted on weekdays. I wonder how long this has been discussed. Nicolle is friendly with everyone and used to chat with him during handoffs. That stopped abruptly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555August 15, 2020 8:17 PM

I’ve heard of Elon because I do crosswords.

by Anonymousreply 556August 15, 2020 8:22 PM

r555, That would’ve been perfect karmic justice if that had happened. Chuck Toad worked behind the scenes to get previous host David Gregory fired.

by Anonymousreply 557August 15, 2020 8:40 PM

"Chuck Toad worked behind the scenes to get previous host David Gregory fired."

Well, he deserves a pat on the back for that.

by Anonymousreply 558August 15, 2020 9:07 PM

Anyone catch Mika’s lengthy rampage about Trump yesterday? I didn’t see it mentioned anywhere else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559August 15, 2020 10:00 PM

Nicolle would be great on MTP. I find it odd Brian Williams does 3pm for 40ish minutes and then returns at 11pm. What a long day.

by Anonymousreply 560August 15, 2020 11:26 PM

I find it odd that Brian Williams was rehired by NBC.

by Anonymousreply 561August 15, 2020 11:45 PM

I would honestly fire Todd, Williams and Menendez.

by Anonymousreply 562August 16, 2020 12:02 AM

How the fuck did these dragqueens manage to get on this cruise including receiving a group discount no less?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563August 16, 2020 12:08 AM

I saw it R559.

It seemed like it went on longer than the 4 minutes there.

Clearly she was pissed because Trump tweeted the day before that she was "ditzy" and Joe was "psycho" because of their criticism of him the previous morning's show.

But then Trump was probably still in a cranky mood because of Bill Maher's Trump eulogy ("Here lies Donald Trump")

by Anonymousreply 564August 16, 2020 2:00 AM

Hillary will be on Morning Joe tomorrow. I hope Hillary remarks on how Mika was part of the but her emails crowd, and she and Joe licked Trump's boots during the campaign. Yes, I am still holding a grudge against Joe and Mika for their past Trump support.

by Anonymousreply 565August 20, 2020 12:42 PM

r565, fuck Mika and Joe forever for that!

by Anonymousreply 566August 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Don't forget Andrea Mitchell and the way she skewered Hillary about her e-mails as well.

by Anonymousreply 567August 20, 2020 6:11 PM

I sent a tweet to MSNBC to PLEASE let Joy, Rachel, and Nicole host the Election night coverage. They're doing such a great job with the Democratic convention. If we're still social distancing, they can have the contributors on TV and for the love of God, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE keep Chuck Todd away. I know he's the political director but I'm really hoping something happens where he's gone from MSNBC before November 3.

by Anonymousreply 568August 20, 2020 6:22 PM

r568, Good thought, but I have a feeling MSNBC will probably have Brian Williams there along with them.

by Anonymousreply 569August 20, 2020 8:39 PM

r569, I don't mind Brian Williams. I actually like Brian Williams' analysis and shade. Anyone but Chuck Todd would do.

by Anonymousreply 570August 20, 2020 9:32 PM

I know the watching public largely dislikes Chuck Toad, but honestly, it seems like none of his co-workers care for him either.

by Anonymousreply 571August 21, 2020 4:41 PM

I’m so over that fat ass uncombed loud Elie Mystal.

by Anonymousreply 572August 22, 2020 2:56 AM

That fucking cunt Joy Reid tried repeatedly to get Al Franken to say something negative about Trump holding his brother's funeral in the White House, but he refused to take the bait, much to Joy's obvious disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 573August 22, 2020 3:12 AM

Finally, at long last, tonight Joy Reid has pulled together a professional look: the hair is perfect; the white blouse and red jacket a close second, as the jacket could have used tailoring; appropriately flattering makeup; and the absence of costume jewelry a nod to muted class--less is more. You look gorgeous!

I will stick with the MSNBC coverage of the RNC tonight--Joy, please speak at a conversational speed; don't fail me now.

by Anonymousreply 574August 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Word for word, r574

by Anonymousreply 575August 24, 2020 11:37 PM

R575

by Anonymousreply 576August 25, 2020 12:01 AM

I'll start watching this shitshow but don't know how much I can endure.

by Anonymousreply 577August 25, 2020 12:04 AM

Joy Reid gets things wrong a lot. Commenting on Brewer’s speech, she explained that the Neo-Nazis in Charlottesville were opposed by BLM protestors. No dear. They were opposing the Nazis, not police violence.

by Anonymousreply 578August 27, 2020 1:51 AM

Tonight Joy kept talking about two people shot by the Kenosha gunman. He killed two; he shot three. Sloppy.

by Anonymousreply 579August 28, 2020 8:07 AM

I wouldn't blame Rachel and Nicolle for going out for drinks afterwards and "forgetting" to invite Joy. Who in their right mind would want to hang out with the tiresome Joy "Know-It-All" Reid?

Biden/Harris 2020 - We Have Their Backs.

by Anonymousreply 580August 28, 2020 4:45 PM

Well we see where you are r580.

by Anonymousreply 581August 30, 2020 3:41 PM

Watching and listening to Andrea Mitchell is quite taxing. She should not be hosting a news show. It’s like listening to NPR’s Diane Rehm while she struggles with her voice condition.

by Anonymousreply 582September 1, 2020 4:22 PM

Why is Andrea Mitchell still on the air. She constantly mispronounces names, can’t find words, seems bored and/or befuddled. Time for the ax.

She also look like a small broom with a blonde wig on top of it.

by Anonymousreply 583September 1, 2020 5:36 PM

She stole her look from me!

by Anonymousreply 584September 2, 2020 4:20 PM

BUMP!

by Anonymousreply 585September 26, 2020 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!