Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Murphy gossip

What is the dirt on him? Clean as a whistle?

Any gossip about his harem of young male studs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2020 12:57 PM

Nothing?

by Anonymousreply 1June 24, 2020 5:42 PM

I used to love his shows but got over that a while ago. That jacket,however,is fabulous !

by Anonymousreply 2June 24, 2020 5:49 PM

He does seem to enjoy employing the services of Mr. David Corenswet in his productions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 24, 2020 5:51 PM

I bet he's a dirty bitch in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 4June 24, 2020 5:53 PM

He seems to love Darren Criss.

by Anonymousreply 5June 24, 2020 5:58 PM

Is he trading in David Miller for an upgrade?

by Anonymousreply 6June 24, 2020 6:14 PM

My best friend met him at a Hollywood party back when Murphy was known for Nip/Tuck. My friend didn’t know who he was but they exchanged phone numbers and Murphy soon called him and asked him out on a date. The date went well but my friend wasn’t feeling it. But he did go on a couple more days and he told me that Murphy was very nice, some what quite and very polite. He also said he had an exquisite taste in clothes and a fabulous house in the Hollywood hills but in the end my friend felt no sexual spark and thus they never had sex.

Soon enough Murphy called him and said something like - I’ve been asking you out and kind of doing all the work so if you’re interested in me give me a ring, but if I don’t hear from you I’ll understand. Which I thought was very diplomatic and undramatic way of recognizing the situation.

BTW, My friend is only three years younger than Murphy and looks nothing like the gorgeous actors that he puts on his shows. My friend is handsome but not model gorgeous and he has a normal body for someone that lives in LA, a gym toned, regular guy body.

by Anonymousreply 7June 24, 2020 6:58 PM

R7, that is nice to hear. For being possibly the most powerful man on TV, he sounds like a good sort -- unlike others or how others would behave in his position.

by Anonymousreply 8June 24, 2020 7:09 PM

I think if there were any unsavory stories, they would have come out already, even as just rumors.

When the dirtiest thing people say about him is that we can tell his ideal type is conventionally-attractive, dark-haired hunks, that’s a good sign that there isn’t anything scandalous there.

by Anonymousreply 9June 24, 2020 7:11 PM

Well I guess he is squeaky clean after all!

by Anonymousreply 10June 24, 2020 8:44 PM

Kathy Bates said he fell out with her when she forgot to thank him at the Emmys, and that it took a while to patch things up.

Kaweeeen

by Anonymousreply 11June 24, 2020 8:57 PM

That's funny, R11.

by Anonymousreply 12June 24, 2020 10:28 PM

He seems like an asshole, but maybe he’s just quiet and in his head a lot. I wish he would stop casting Ben Platt and Finn Giantheadrock. He needs to expand his casting roster a bit.

by Anonymousreply 13June 25, 2020 2:37 AM

[quote] I bet he's a dirty bitch in the bedroom.

I don't see that at all. Even his 'sexy' scenes with nude male actors come across as PG-13 and devoid of any real sexuality or desire. He does not have a pervy or lustful eye at all.

by Anonymousreply 14June 25, 2020 6:14 PM

I think the most controversial thing he's done was some of the stuff on Nip/Tuck about Famke Jansen being an evil trans woman, but since then, he's become one of the leaders of trans representation on screen with stuff like Pose, so it's hard to criticize him for it. He does seem to be someone who's learning and growing.

I only wish he'd get better about story structure and keeping a storyline going for more than 2 episodes before getting bored and moving on.

by Anonymousreply 15June 25, 2020 6:31 PM

He's certainly prolific -- sort of the gay male Joyce Carol Oates of television.

by Anonymousreply 16June 25, 2020 6:33 PM

He seems sort of asexual.

by Anonymousreply 17June 25, 2020 7:06 PM

R17, his gay male characters seem to express sexuality through the lens of a frau's idea of gay male sexuality. At least from what I've seen so far -- I'm not familiar with his entire oeuvre, so I may be wrong?

by Anonymousreply 18June 25, 2020 7:10 PM

He looks like he might have a nice ass

by Anonymousreply 19June 25, 2020 7:12 PM

Don't be vulgar [R19]

by Anonymousreply 20June 25, 2020 7:15 PM

R20

I’m a horny fuck

by Anonymousreply 21June 25, 2020 7:41 PM

the gay male Joyce Carol Oates of television....

Hehe love you r16

by Anonymousreply 22June 25, 2020 7:44 PM

I thought Ryan Murphy was married.

by Anonymousreply 23June 25, 2020 7:44 PM

[quote]I thought Ryan Murphy was married.

He is, his husband is David Miller

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 25, 2020 7:50 PM

Terminally corny.

by Anonymousreply 25June 25, 2020 7:50 PM

David Miller looks like a crack head.

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2020 7:52 PM

R26 That’s not particularly nice. True, but again, not particularly nice.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2020 8:10 PM

I wish he'd get rid of Sarah Paulson and Darren Criss. They're in everything he does. All 3 of them seem to be under the delusion that they are the next Meryl and Leo.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2020 8:16 PM

Is he still friends with Jessica Lange?

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2020 8:24 PM

I forgot he gave us that monster Lea Michele. Ewwww

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2020 8:30 PM

He’s certainly enjoyed playing the part of Hollywood power queen. That’s for sure. Miss Thing always had her reservation at Chateau M. And her house in the Hills (the one now owned by Dakota). And private jets But he’s not attractive and his vocal affect is very cold and aspies (like Warhol). Can’t say I’ve truly loved a single thing that he’s done. But I’ve liked some of it. The older actresses who fawn over him simply because he employed them come across a little pathetically. He’s not a fucking God. He’s a cunty queen who has relied heavily on existing creative works to mimic and call his own.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2020 8:31 PM

He's got a penchant for great serial themes for television. But they need better scripts and direction. He is churning them out too fast. He apparently enjoys the production process over there quality of execution.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2020 9:24 PM

What will he be remembered for? Like what's his masterpiece? What show has he done that will still be watched in 20 years?

by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2020 9:29 PM

@R18

[quote] his entire oeuvre

Pretentious

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2020 9:53 PM

R34, suck it.

by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2020 9:56 PM

Darren Criss has painted nails in OP's picture. SMOKING GUN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2020 10:00 PM

He seems like a nice enough guy you could call him back and tell him you're not sexually attracted but would like to hang out as friends.

If I made a shitload of money from the projects he put me in, I'd let him blow me as often as he wanted. The money's already in the bank.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2020 10:07 PM

R31 you are so right about him mimicking others. Not much originality. Everything is a tribute to previous pop culture he likes. His material is so thin most of the time and both he and his actors act like it's the deepest meaning shit. Pretentious is a good word for him. I was looking forward to Hollywood but it was such a disappointment. As much depth in story as a fucking puddle.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2020 10:35 PM

Pretentious is my main issue with him too. I swore him off early when he totally butchered the Running with Scissors movie. He had a bestselling original story to work with and a terrific cast, but every single scene fell totally flat. Every scene! It was the most stilted, awkward, and directionless movie I've ever watched, a perfect example of his glaring creative pitfalls.

And this was several years before Glee, a ripoff of Election so obvious that I couldn't make it through half of the first episode. He then learned how to hide his lack of talent by putting style over substance and using stunt casting gimmicks in American Horror Story, which I have actually watched more than the others, however I couldn't tell you what the actual "story" is or who the characters are. Can anyone?

But I guess that's a matter of taste rather than personality. I'm sure he's a sweetie pie! What he lacks in original talent has to be made up in some other way.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2020 10:43 PM

With his money and power Id have thought he'd have a MUCH hotter husband .

by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2020 10:55 PM

From BI

[Blind Gossip] When someone with whom you’ve worked is publicly criticized, it’s become practically mandatory for everyone to pile on in agreement.

Some people do this because they have genuinely harbored ill will towards the person for a long time, and they feel safer airing their grievance as part of a group take down.

Others do it because they feel it is their social obligation to weigh on what they consider to be the correct side of the issue.

For example, when renowned author J.K. Rowling shared her opinions about gender identity, the lead actors from the Harry Potter franchise – Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson or Rupert Grint – were all quick to condemn her. This was followed by authors quitting her literary agency in protest.

We think that JK Rowling’s take down was accompanied by the phrase “Wingardium Cancelosa”!

If you didn’t understand that, we can’t help you, you little Muggle.

Anyway, this handsome actor – who definitely did not attend The Hogwarts School of Cancellation – is taking a different approach.

An actress with whom he worked for many years was recently the subject of cancel culture.

Everyone seemed to pile on, each contributing their own personal horror story of working with the actress.

Our actor had worked closely with the actress for many years on a popular TV series. If anyone had a story or two to share about a lack of harmony on the set involving the actress, it would be him!

However, when asked to weigh in… he simply brushed past the inquiry.

Is it because his experience with her was happy and wonderful? Or is it because he is such a nice guy that he can’t say anything negative about anyone?

Neither.

When he worked with the actress, he knew that she was [Showrunner’s] favorite and that [Actress] and [Showrunner] were close friends in real life. He has worked with [Showrunner] on two series now, and he would like to work with him again in the future. He was not about to bite the hand that feeds him by criticizing [Showrunner’s] close friend.

So, it might have been diplomacy driving our actor. Or it might have been self-preservation.

Whatever the reason, perhaps our actor could open up his own school and teach some of those skills to younger actors?

---------------------------

The BI is about Darren Criss (who was in a high school production of Harry Potter, The Musical) staying silent when some Glee cast members were sharing their horror stories about Lea Michele.

He wants to stay in Ryan Murphy's good graces who apparently is still friends with Lea.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2020 10:59 PM

This article is rather scathing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2020 11:11 PM

I've liked some of his stuff. The early episodes of Glee were clever and the first two seasons of Nip/Tuck and American Horror Story were pretty strong, but the only ones I can say that I liked from start to finish was Feud and The Normal Heart. The Prom and Boys in the Band have potential, but I wasn't very big on Hollywood or The Politician.

by Anonymousreply 43June 26, 2020 12:09 AM

I have a couch made in that jacket.

by Anonymousreply 44June 26, 2020 12:11 AM

R43 what did you think of the American Crime Stories? I thought those were well made, partly cause he didnt write them.

by Anonymousreply 45June 26, 2020 12:34 AM

Supposedly he fucks all the eye candy actors on his casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 46June 26, 2020 12:38 AM

R46 are you his favorite or is Corenswet taking your spot?

by Anonymousreply 47June 26, 2020 12:41 AM

We need a "Nip/Tuck" reboot! Stat!

by Anonymousreply 48June 26, 2020 12:45 AM

R33 he will be remembered for bringing gay stories, themes, sensibilities, interests and stardom to American television. The program quality is inconsistent but his sense of the gay pulse that could be marketed is extraordinary. He made gay mainstream tv.

There are few producers like him that American television has seen. And the only gay one.

by Anonymousreply 49June 26, 2020 1:11 AM

Good point R33. I liked both OJ & Versace versions of American Crime Story, but both series ran off the story rails & got boring after a while. They have no replay value.

by Anonymousreply 50June 26, 2020 1:17 AM

With as much as he apparently enables people like Lea Michelle and Emma Roberts, you'd think there would be more gossip about HIM.

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2020 2:10 AM

I actually enjoyed Hollywood for what it was -- a feel-good flight of fancy -- but The Politician was atrocious -- despite Judith Light's best efforts.

by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2020 4:10 AM

Darren Criss is totally completely not gay. People ask him about that all the time in restaurants, in bars, on the street, when he stops the car looking for directions, and always tells them str8: "Totally not gay, dude. Watch your mouth"

Would he be that forceful and so not gay about it if he was gay? Stop gossiping about him!

by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2020 4:17 AM

"Hollywood" was a huge piece of crap. The series was just fantasy revisionist history that only appeals to the PC Police and SJW crowds.

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2020 5:56 AM

I loved Nip/Tuck from episode 1 to the very end (although admittedly it did have lulls here and there). One of his first projects still stands as the pinnacle that he has yet to again match IMO. He at least seemed laser-focused for the first few seasons and that really showed when Nip/Tuck is placed in comparison to his later projects. His show was just novel....in every way. Sexy, devious, tense, salacious and trashy yet alluring - and almost always beautifully produced. His "tell me what you don't like about yourself" was clearly somewhat derivative of Six Feet Under's new death that opened almost every show - but the hook worked and always came with a twist. The research and the depth of medical knowledge (and the demanding, exacting testing required to both attain and maintain medical licensure) that he put into that first season alone.....far more than most big budget movies. His fatal flaw has been taking on too much, too quickly and spreading himself far too thin. We have covered this ad nauseam so I will stop there. As for gossip - I have very little. I have met Matthew Morrison (Glee) on a few occasions and he had nothing negative to say about Murphy whatsoever. Doesn't sound as if there is any smoke - much less any fire.

by Anonymousreply 55June 26, 2020 6:37 AM

A lot of his work seems superficial, and although his prominent portrayal of characters who were gay, trans etc was positive it came across a bit gimmicky at times. Like "here is the gay character and his season arc on coming out to his homophobic father", or let's explore the racism this chinese character experiences. The intentions were good but the writing was just hamfisted.

by Anonymousreply 56June 26, 2020 7:32 AM

According to enty lawyer he has/had associations with Bryan Singer. I don’t think he’s caught up in Singer’s business though. Just doesn’t seem like the type and there never have been any rumors with him like there are with Singer

by Anonymousreply 57June 26, 2020 8:03 AM

ive alwys had a crush on him. he is brilliant and so prolific....not crazy bout the Politician, but adore Hollywood and his Horror epics. hey ryan::::lets date ! His homes in the new AD are awesome, have a spiritual minimal charm bout them. 2 cute blonde sons adopted from Sweden. seems like a happi family

by Anonymousreply 58June 26, 2020 8:34 AM

I remember that Julian McMahon was pissed that Murphy couldn't be bothered to show up at the wrap party of Nip/Tuck, because Murphy was to busy with his new pet project, Glee.

by Anonymousreply 59June 26, 2020 8:38 AM

Was Dylan Walsh pissed as well?

by Anonymousreply 60June 26, 2020 8:48 AM

[qupite] Pretentious

Actually it’s a great word in a foreign language that you can use without needing special characters. It is convenient and pithy.

Perhaps you should learn to read , R34.

by Anonymousreply 61June 26, 2020 10:04 AM

If that fine marble statue Corenswet didn’t take Criss’s spot on the casting couch I’d lose respect for Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 62June 26, 2020 11:55 AM

Julian McMahon hit the wall at 100 mph ! I saw him on his new show and it took me a second to realize it was him. He was so fine on Nip/Tuck .

by Anonymousreply 63June 26, 2020 1:52 PM

Please share a recent photo of Julian McMahon and his cock. TIA!

by Anonymousreply 64June 26, 2020 2:53 PM

I don't do ellipses.

by Anonymousreply 65June 26, 2020 4:17 PM

Nip/Tuck was probably his most coherent series. I won't count one offs like Feud or the American Crime Stories. Nip/Tuck at least had 2 or 3 seasons before it jumped the shark. Glee had about 12 or 13 episodes before it did and it seems like every season of American Horror Story jumps the shark by episode 4, 5, or 6.

Ryan Murphy is a man with excellent ideas, but I think he needs better writers. Half the time, I get the feeling most of his shows are improvised in the writer's room a day before they're about to shoot. This is certainly what Nip/Tuck started to feel like around season 4 or 5.

I think it sort of started when his shows became popular and, suddenly, everyone wanted to be on the show. I get the feeling that, if a famous person tells him that they want to be on the show, he always tries too shard to find a way to shoehorn them into it even if their appearance makes no sense and disrupts the flow of the story. Season 4 of Nip/Tuck is when it began to become known more for its celebrity of the week storylines where you had everyone from Rosie O'Donnell to Catherine Deneuve showing up. Glee continued that and American Horror Story has been guilty of it as well. I'm still not sure why the fuck Stevie Nicks was on that show.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2020 7:14 PM

I always like his shows. Yeah, they go off the rails, but when they’re great, they’re great. The only shows of his I couldn’t get into were 911 — not my cup of tea — and The Politician, which is outright bad and terribly miscast.

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2020 3:11 PM

nip tuck sucked cause of the other guy, Dylan sumthing

ive the hots for mr murphy, I find him delicious, a 3way with him and cornswet would be acceptable

I fuk ryan while david is sitting on my face

Darren criss beating his meat against my forehead, Dylan mcdermot urinating all over me

by Anonymousreply 68June 29, 2020 10:03 AM

R68 Colorful, never imagined people having sex fantasies about Ryan Murphy and an inability to write and spell.

by Anonymousreply 69June 29, 2020 10:32 AM

I know an actor who has worked with him.

Looks but never touches unless a performer is fully dressed. If a nude scene is happening he is at a respectful distance and has never groped, or been inappropriate with my friend.

The scripts were ludicrous patched together nonsense but the man himself was a pleasure to work with.

by Anonymousreply 70June 29, 2020 11:25 AM

R70 yeah I've read an interview from a producer or writer of horror story that as the season goes along the script/plot isnt as planned out and they come up with it right before shooting. Which makes no sense. He and his team have months to prepare so why don't they?

by Anonymousreply 71June 29, 2020 12:44 PM

R71 no idea why they don't. They patch it together quickly.

by Anonymousreply 72June 29, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote] He and his team have months to prepare so why don't they?

Probably because he’s got a dozen shows in various stages of production at any given time. He and his team are ridiculously overextended.

by Anonymousreply 73June 29, 2020 1:12 PM

[Quote] nip tuck sucked cause of the other guy, Dylan sumthing

Dylan Walsh, who is now going to be on a CW show. Feels like he disappeared after The Stepfather.

by Anonymousreply 74June 30, 2020 12:21 PM

I loved Dylan Walsh ! Sexy hairy chested cutie pie !

by Anonymousreply 75June 30, 2020 5:12 PM

Dylan Walsh is a great actor and, yes, very cute. I thought he was great on Nip/Tuck. The main trio were very good actors.

by Anonymousreply 76June 30, 2020 6:55 PM

Well I hope Ryan is busy casting and working on scripts for Feud:The Beauty Wars Drama. I’m sure he’ll have Sarah play Tati. I think Aaron Carter would be great as Jeffree. I wish Philip Seymour Hoffman was still alive to play Shane. Maybe Jonah Hill could pull it off? And in an amazing twist, just have James Charles play himself.

by Anonymousreply 77June 30, 2020 7:09 PM

R77 Jeffree's ego would go through the roof.

by Anonymousreply 78July 1, 2020 3:27 AM

R75 He was a bad nipper but a great tucker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79July 1, 2020 6:47 PM

Didn’t he attack a rock star for not letting Ryan use their song in Glee ?

by Anonymousreply 80July 1, 2020 6:57 PM

R80 kings of leon is the band.

by Anonymousreply 81July 1, 2020 7:01 PM

Anything else?

by Anonymousreply 82July 6, 2020 2:00 AM

He's a great idea man but terrible at execution. He should be a TV "birth parent." Develop the show, write the pilot, the backstories, an outline and give it to other writers to raise in ways that make sense.

by Anonymousreply 83July 6, 2020 2:11 AM

R16 OUCH!

by Anonymousreply 84July 6, 2020 2:24 AM

He bites off more than he can chew.

by Anonymousreply 85July 6, 2020 6:55 AM

He must be a boring saint if he can't even reach 100 posts on Datalounge who bitchily gossips about everyone

by Anonymousreply 86July 6, 2020 7:42 AM

Most of the gossip here over the years has pointed to him being boring, cerebral, cold at times, almost asexual and not someone you want to get on the wrong side of. I give him credit for finding an age appropriate husband and keeping his kid out of the spotlight for the past few years. (I know the child was also sick and I'm glad he's doing well now.)

[quote] The Prom and Boys in the Band have potential, but I wasn't very big on Hollywood or The Politician.

The Prom is something he can't really screw up since it has already been done before. I'd put it in the same category as The Normal Heart. He already has the spine of the story. I'm sure he'll give it his spin but it's already all there. The Boys in the Band is Joe Mantello's so it will be perfectly fine. Never mind the fact that, as someone else put it, "it's a film based on a revival based on another film based on an original play." Paint by numbers.

I agree with some that he looks like he does best when he has as little as possible to do with the actual story.

As for actual gossip, I remember the story from his ex who said he looked as if he'd hesitated to save him when he was drowning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87July 6, 2020 8:20 AM

R80 there were several music feuds IIRC

by Anonymousreply 88July 6, 2020 4:20 PM

There was a profile of Ryan Murphy in The New York Times in which his ex partner Bill Condon (“Gods and Monsters” “Kinsey”) claimed Ryan did nothing to try and save him when he was drowning in the ocean. This is all the proof you need Murphy is a sociopath. BTW Murphy used Condon early on to advance his garbage career.

by Anonymousreply 89July 7, 2020 8:24 AM

R89 Maybe he thought he was waving, not drowning?

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2020 11:16 AM

murphys zen like home in Arch Digest was ok, seemed awfully sterile to raise kids in, his white/blonde swede boys he adopted...….oh.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2020 12:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!