Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dr. Laura: Has anyone ever called into her show?

I no longer drive or have satellite radio so I don't get to hear the angry Dr. who is sometimes mean and sometimes very sage.

Has anyone ever called her for advice? She is a very no nonsense woman who does not believe in pity and wants people to take personal responsibility. I sometimes wish others would underscore how important it is for everyone to be personally responsible for their actions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 30, 2020 1:39 AM

Wait...she’s still alive?

by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2020 10:59 PM

She's a Christian fascist who got her doctorate out of Crackerjack box.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2020 11:01 PM

It is rather suprising that she is not a high level cabinet member in the Trump Admin

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2020 11:05 PM

pretty smile which is deceiving

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2020 11:06 PM

I know OP is trolling, but.

How many days did she leave her mother's corpse to rot in her apartment again? lol. Her son was in trouble in the military for being a sociopath. Her reported ly posted images of rape, murder, torture, and child molestation on his MySpace page. He was under investigation back in 2007.

Here's something you should do, OP: call in to Howard Stern and ask him about Dr. Laura. lmfao.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2020 11:06 PM

Remember when she said the n-word repeatedly and was kicked off radio? She pulled that stunt on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2020 11:07 PM

We used to take road trips when I was a kid and my parents liked to listen to her. To this day I cant stand talk radio (except Howard) and I blame shrill shrieking Dr Laura

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2020 11:07 PM

Howard has hated her for 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2020 11:07 PM

Is OP posting from 1997?

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2020 11:08 PM

She was a self-hating Jew for years. I always cracked up when she would announce that she was her son's mom or some stupid shit. She didn't believe women should be working - which she was. She made a big deal about obeying your parents - she was estranged from her mother and left her to die in an old apartment. She's truly a sociopath like her son.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2020 11:09 PM

And she has such hatred for her callers. Her whole tone has a subtext of "Why are you so fuckin' stupid!"

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2020 11:12 PM

I just remember the Fraser ep with Dr Nora. Didn’t know she posed with her snack parts on display. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2020 11:14 PM

Holy shit r5 is that really Dr. Laura w the huge beaver?

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2020 11:15 PM

Seriously, is she still (God forgive me for sounding like I am 87 years old) on the radio?

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2020 11:16 PM

[quote] I always cracked up when she would announce that she was her son's mom or some stupid shit.

I am my kid's mom.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2020 11:17 PM

She promoted Family Values while ignoring her husband, Lew Bishop. Her son's name is Deryk Schlessinger.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2020 11:19 PM

r3 Astonishing, actually.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2020 11:25 PM

Probs Trump doesn't like oven dodgers.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2020 11:28 PM

OP, Dr. Laura said that gay people are a “biological error.” Even worse was her shockingly wrong accusation that a significant amount of gay men are pedophiles. This is a blatant lie.

Do your research. That woman is a thoroughgoing cunt. She should be banned from satellite radio.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2020 11:33 PM

[quote] I just remember the Fraser ep with Dr Nora.

Yes! Featuring the marvelous Christine Baranski, who was nominated for a 1999 prime time Emmy award for an Outstanding Guest Actress in a Comedy Series for this episode

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2020 11:39 PM

That

Old

Cunt

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2020 11:40 PM

I especially love when she tells battered wives they have to stay with their abusers until their children are grown because they should have chosen better. Great advice!

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2020 11:41 PM

Studies have shown that the core of listeners to Dr. Laura are women who have or had very poor relationships with their mothers.

Dr. Laura is a major cunt and they are used to this type of abuse. It makes sense, huh?

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2020 11:42 PM

Yep, R22. She’s garbage. She also always blame the wives for their husbands’ cheating. In some cases it can require some introspection into the relationship ship, but to Dr. Laura it’s always what the wife is -not-doing. The onus is never on the husband.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2020 11:54 PM

[quote] Her son's name is Deryk Schlessinger

He seems well-adjusted

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 24, 2020 12:09 AM

There are a ton of nude pix of her.

by Anonymousreply 26June 24, 2020 12:47 AM

OP, do you often wonder about Jenny Jones and Sally Jessy Raphael, too?

by Anonymousreply 27June 24, 2020 1:22 AM

Here's the call. The caller is a black woman in an interracial marriage and is seeking advice about how to deal with what she feels are racist remarks made by some of her husband's friends.

Dr. Laura starts the spew that led to her demise at the 2:15 mark. She says the N-word gleefully and in rapid succession, then tells the lady she's too sensitive. She says "Bah-LACK comics say it all the time!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 24, 2020 1:35 AM

Team Dr. Joy...gone but not forgotten

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 24, 2020 1:36 AM

I always found her to be cringeworthy, yet I disagree with R10. When I moved to the States, I noticed she often wore a Star of David around her neck, outside her turtleneck. Self loathing Jews don't proclaim like that in my experience, and I happen to be Jewish. I think this whole self-loathing thing is more than a bit overplayed personally.

Trying to find something positive to end on, she certa got her money's worth out of the plastic surgeon. She's in Kelly Anne con job territory with those results.

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2020 1:42 AM

^ certainly

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2020 1:43 AM

Then after she was fired she had the nerve to be all "Liberal meanies cancelled me for exercisin' muh free speech!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2020 1:45 AM

She says she quit so she could "regain my 1st amendment rights" even though the government didn't silence her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2020 1:46 AM

R30 She later dumped dumped Judaism because she wasn't feelin' the love.

[quote]In her August 5 radio broadcast Dr. Laura Schlessinger, one of America's most listened-to radio hosts and high-profile Orthodox Jews, publicly distanced herself from her adopted faith claiming that she no longer found Judaism fulfilling. She informed her 12 million listeners that while she still "considers" herself Jewish, "my identifying with this entity and my fulfilling the rituals, etc., of the entity-that has ended."

[quote]Of her conversion to Orthodox Judaism, Schlessinger said: "I felt that I was putting out a tremendous amount toward that mission, that end, and not feeling a return, not feeling connected, not feeling that inspired."

[quote]But she really turned the knife when she praised Christians at the expense of Jews.

[quote]"By and large the faxes from Christians have been very loving, very supportive. From my own religion, I have either gotten nothing, which is 99% of it, or two of the nastiest letters I have gotten in a long time. I guess that's my point-I don't get much back. Not much warmth coming back."

[quote]She added that she was envious of the Christian faith, and hinted at embracing it. "I have envied all my Christian friends who really, universally, deeply feel loved by God. They use the name Jesus when they refer to God... that was a mystery, being connected to God." "Time and time again" she was moved by listeners who wrote and described that they had "joined a church, felt loved by God, and that was my anchor."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2020 1:51 AM

She wasn’t a self hating Jew. Her dad was Jewish and mom catholic and they weren’t particularly religious when she was growing up and she wasn’t either until she claims she saw a documentary on the holocaust and broke down in tears

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2020 1:52 AM

The 1998 vanity fair article about her was pretty devastating and she still birches about the writer 22 years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2020 1:54 AM

That lady in R5 looks like Great Britain's very own kate middleton. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen her titties

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2020 1:55 AM

R5 Those photos scream “I just dismembered the babysitter and left her in the bathtub.”

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2020 1:59 AM

Cheers R35. I don't think giving up Orthodoxy, or even straying from one's religion is tantamount to self loathing either. Many individuals feel proudly connected to their identity as Jews from an historic, cultural, or ethnic perspective without being religious. I often hear Americans accusing gay men as self loathing too, and I find many to be reaching.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2020 2:01 AM

The man who sold the nude pics was Bill balance a big name in Southern California radio in the 60s and 70s. She would call in to his show and talk/debate with him. When they met in person she screwed him and she was still married to husband #1.

Ballance took the nude pics of her and forgotten about them. When they were at some radio media convention in the 90s he went up to speak to her and she blew him off. He sold the pics for $50k and the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 40June 24, 2020 2:04 AM

For a very short while back in the 90's, it looked like she was going to become the Queen of All Media. Every trashy self-help book she wrote went to #1 on the bestseller lists, and her radio show garnered huge ratings, playing in practically every market in the country.

She made the huge mistake of wanting to take her schtick to daytime television, however, and that was the beginning of the end. She was very anti-gay, and for some reason, that was allowed on AM talk radio, but teh gays would not stand for it being spewed on daytime TV. There were protests and boycotts of advertisers even before the first episode aired, and when it finally did debut, it was a disaster. See, not only did Dr. Laura have a face for radio, but without her hate-the-gays rants to fall back on (her bosses evidently told her to shut her big fat yap on that particular subject), and leery of provoking any further controversy whatsoever, her TV show was horribly boring. It didn't work. She couldn't do what she did best: be mean and hateful, and as a result, her show sucked. Within a few weeks, it was dumped in a lot of markets, and moved to ungodly after-midnight/early-morning time slots in others, until the plug was pulled. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was probably a total of about 6-8 weeks before it was cancelled, and she was forced to slink back to radio with her tail between her legs. It was a humiliating defeat for someone whose career had only known success, and who had fancied herself a "prophet".

She continued on with her radio show, with a couple of minor controversies popping up once in a while (I remember she pissed off the Tourette's Syndrome people at one point), until the infamous "N-word" rant led to her quitting her show.

A few years later, she re-emerged at Sirius, making her a colleague of her nemesis Howard Stern. She'd once claimed to have turned down a lucrative radio gig because she refused to be employed by the same people who employed him...but when push came to shove, she did what was best for Dr. Laura, "morality" be damned.

She's still there. She NEVER says a peep about teh gays, though. Hasn't for years. Bitch learned her lesson.

One thing I will say in her favor is that she is good at what she does. If your thing is listening to a shrew harangue adoring, syncophantic callers and impose her worldview onto their problems, solving them in mere minutes, she's your girl.

by Anonymousreply 41June 24, 2020 2:09 AM

R30 she was a hard core Jew for almost a decade before ditching it because Jewish women were mean to her.

She was invited to a Jewish business women’s event in Dallas where she would give a speech and do a question and answer session. They paid her fee and put her up in a nice hotel. She changed hotels 5 times before settling on the most expensive one in Dallas. She then insulted the women by going after some who were business professionals and refusing to answer questions that she was scheduled for and agreed to do. An article came out it and she whining about Jewish women not being nice to her. She always paints herself as a victim.

by Anonymousreply 42June 24, 2020 2:09 AM

She's the grandmother of all cunts, and it's fantastic narcissistic humiliating radio. It's like comedy. I enjoy her.

by Anonymousreply 43June 24, 2020 2:10 AM

R42 As a secular Jew myself, I always knew she was full of shit, and her Judaism was all for show. See, she NEVER shut up about it. Every chance she got to mention it, she would. She would say things like "I'm a nice Jewish girl", in a faux-Jewish/Brooklyn accent which I always found SO annoying, because she wasn't raised Jewish, she was a fucking convert, and it was her FATHER who was Jewish, and she repeatedly said that she wasn't raised as a Jew. Or if she took the day off for a Jewish holiday and they played a re-run show or a best-of compilation show, they would always announce "Dr. Laura is taking the day off in observance of Purim (or Yom Kippur, or Rosh Hashana, or whatever)". It didn't surprise me one bit when she turned her back on it, because most actual Jews saw right through her and couldn't stand her. I'm only surprised she never publicly converted to evangelical Christianity (that's who makes up most of her fan base), but I bet it's because her crazy son would probably disown her. See, she dragged her husband and kid along on this Orthodox Jewish ego trip of hers, so she's kind of stuck.

by Anonymousreply 44June 24, 2020 2:23 AM

Howard Stern would never let up that her doctorate is in physiology. She's a total fraud.

by Anonymousreply 45June 24, 2020 2:24 AM

I was cackling when she said she saw a documentary about Jews and then turned to her son and said: "Those are our people." lol What a load.

She actually would fit right in with the hyper-conservative orthodox Jewish crowd. Think Ben Shapiro.

Does anyone remember her shortlived daytime tv show? They watered her down to the point that you didn't even recognized her. The Stop Dr. Laura movement got her canned. I remember Julia Louis Dreyfus staging a protest on behalf of all "deviant homosexuals". Bwahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 46June 24, 2020 2:27 AM

[quote]She wasn’t a self hating Jew. Her dad was Jewish and mom catholic and they weren’t particularly religious when she was growing up and she wasn’t either until she claims she saw a documentary on the holocaust and broke down in tears

I stand corrected - but she did use religion as a gimmick. There's no denying it.

The irony here is that this woman is a mental case and is in serious need of a psychiatrist.

by Anonymousreply 47June 24, 2020 2:30 AM

There's something about her that reminds me of Camilla Paglia, I can't put my finger on it, but.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 24, 2020 2:31 AM

Who wouldn't find this hot?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2020 2:31 AM

The last time I heard her was back in the late 90s. She was going off about circumcision. I think she wasn't for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2020 2:33 AM

The beginning of the end came for 'Dr' Laura when Canada banned her radio show from being broadcast because of the severe homophobic content. Yay Canada!!!

by Anonymousreply 51June 24, 2020 2:33 AM

R29 I agree—while I didn’t agree with all of friends. Joy’s solutions, she was an affirming breath of fresh air. And I think she was the source of the corny, but hardly offensive “I am Mike Kidd’s mom” line. With her it was endearing.

by Anonymousreply 52June 24, 2020 2:33 AM

I'm shocked she turned out the way she did.

[quote]Schlessinger has described her childhood environment as unloving and unpleasant, and her family as dysfunctional. She has ascribed some of the difficulty to extended family rejection of her parents' mixed faith Jewish-Catholic marriage.[13] Schlessinger said her father was "petty, insensitive, mean, thoughtless, demeaning, and downright unloving". She described her mother as a person with "pathological pride", who "was never grateful", who "would always find something to criticize," and who "constantly expressed disdain for men, sex, and love".

by Anonymousreply 53June 24, 2020 2:34 AM

She makes Betsy DeVos look like Donna Shalala.

by Anonymousreply 54June 24, 2020 2:40 AM

Her doctorate, by the way, is in kinesiology.

by Anonymousreply 55June 24, 2020 2:44 AM

Great read R36! Thanks for the link.

by Anonymousreply 56June 24, 2020 2:44 AM

When it came out that her estranged mother died alone at home and wasn't found for weeks, Mrs. Betty Bowers had a great write-up about her "quietly decomposing into the carpet."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 24, 2020 2:52 AM

R42 It would appear she turned to Judaism for all the wrong reasons IMHO. Expecting certain things from any religion can be troublesome. It seems as if she would have done better sticking with a Conservative synagogue, as she converted under a Conservative rabbi. For all its dichotomies, Conservative Judaism can be very egalitarian, and working women can feel comfortable in such congregations. Why she became a BT seems like a bit of a stretch.

In the Orthodox branch, women like her, especially at the time, would have been highly scrutinised. Not so much for the working per se, but the type of job which brings attention. Her big mouth and judgemental attitude also isn't in keeping with Orthodox women. The gossip and name-calling she engaged in certainly isn't done. It's a very serious sin: Lashon hard isn't taken lightly. It's a cause to tame one's self-control verbally; something Dr. Laura was incapable of.

I'm not at all surprised she didn't stick with Judaism. She was looking for adulation and an easy path, and that's not what being a BT is all about. She's suffering serious psychopathy, but I don't believe it hinges on self-loathing as a Jew. She could have easily became Catholic, and that may have been a better fit for her. If truly self loathing, why convert in the first place? It doesn't explain the enigma she is today. I could see conversion to Reform Judaism, but not the path she chose for herself.

by Anonymousreply 58June 24, 2020 3:11 AM

^ Lashon hara

by Anonymousreply 59June 24, 2020 3:18 AM

R57 It probably has something to do with her drive, and her tendency to want to over-achieve. It wasn't about spirituality, for her, conversion was a goal to be conquered...so of course she was going to go for the hardest, the most rigorous, the most demanding form of Judaism. It literally was about her wanting to be "holier than thou". I remember listening to her yammer on one time about her religion, and she was saying how only Orthodox were "real Jews". Reform and Conservative were fine, but they weren't Jews. They shouldn't call themselves Jews, according to her, they should come up with another name. I'm literally listening to a convert lecturing to me that I, a born Jew, am not a Jew.

by Anonymousreply 60June 24, 2020 3:35 AM

R60 Your interpretations of her behaviour are spot on... That competition to be a "super-Jew" fits with her. There are those types who become BTs. They ordinarily have better self-control, and a "lay of the land" so to speak. It's no wonder they never warmed up to her!

Despite labelling others as victims, and expressing disdain for them, it's in keeping with her hypocritical nature to claim she became victimised by her Judaism, and specifically other Jewish women. I keep thinking of her poor Italian momma... cast aside as she was.

by Anonymousreply 61June 24, 2020 3:44 AM

Her radio show was not to be missed in the 90s. It was great.

by Anonymousreply 62June 24, 2020 3:47 AM

Haven't heard Dr Laura in years but her input was interesting. These ppl in showbiz have a talent for drama.

by Anonymousreply 63June 24, 2020 3:52 AM

R60, that’s hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 64June 24, 2020 4:15 AM

Yes, in the 90's and i can't even recall what i called in for. No i'm not republican, i was just going through a weird phase.

by Anonymousreply 65June 24, 2020 4:23 AM

I just watched her N-word tirade from ten years ago in the YouTube clip... R33...She's even worse than I remembered. She's pure human garbage, 100%. I don't know I missed this at the time.

It was excruciatingly painful listening to her. Those Rethuglican talking points run roughshod over everything. It's so transparent. She isn't or wasn't there to help people, she's there to sow seeds of controversy and hate. It's painfully obvious she has no skills in conducting any sort of therapy. She cannot even validate the caller's feelings, she can only deny them, though she was not there, and has no business excusing the context, and claiming the lady has a chip on her shoulder.

Now what exactly did you enjoy about her R62? I'm hoping because she was theatre of the absurd.

by Anonymousreply 66June 24, 2020 4:25 AM

She was a huge hypocrite in so many ways. She started dating her second while he was still married and broke up his marriage and family. He had 3 kids and she never said a thing about them on her show like they didn’t exist. She used to call Deryk and other children little bunchkins but switched to kidlet when she quit being a Jew. She lived with her husband for 9 years before she married him.

She was also against ivf and fertility treatments but had to get them to conceive her son as she had had her tubes tied and her husband was older.

She shit on her mother for years but her mother never shot back at her. My mom occasionally listens to her show and She does revisionist history with her parents now and has said on her show they were good parents.

She hated her sister who is a decade younger because she was attractive and they haven’t spoken in 40 years.

In the mid 90s her and her son went into a skate shop and her son picked up a skateboarding magazine. It wasn’t pornographic but the language was a bit rough. She went on her show named the store and claimed they were selling pornography to kids. The store owner was interviewed on tv and showed that his store didn’t sell porn and thought she owed him an apology. Dr. Laura sues the guy for defamation claiming he lied about her on tv. He countersues and when all the dust settled she ended up paying him a huge settlement along with his legal fees.

by Anonymousreply 67June 24, 2020 5:08 AM

R67 I'm glad the skate shop owner prevailed. She's an embarrassment. I'm glad she's no longer working her Jewish Orthodox schtick, we don't need her!

by Anonymousreply 68June 24, 2020 5:53 AM

Haven't Jews been through enough without having Dr. Laura as a member of their group?

by Anonymousreply 69June 24, 2020 6:00 AM

R69 Resoundingly we have... She wasn't a good Jew either, despite her ill conceived attempt. She's a scab on humanity, she makes every one of us look bad.

by Anonymousreply 70June 24, 2020 6:19 AM

Women who hate women have always been the Right's secret weapon.

by Anonymousreply 71June 24, 2020 6:22 AM

She appeared in some magazine wearing a strapless dress. The profile piece included her discussing her Orthodox Judaism. I was reared in an Episcopalian household, but even I knew an Orthodox woman would not be photographed with bare shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 72June 24, 2020 7:32 AM

She's a guilty pleasure of mine. I toggle between her and Stern at the gym sometimes. Imagine that lol.

by Anonymousreply 73June 24, 2020 8:18 PM

She basically puts her hopeful desperate callers through a paper shredder, shits on them, sets them on fire, hangs up on them, mocks them and bitches about them, then goes to a commercial. Rinse and repeat. It's fantastic radio.

by Anonymousreply 74June 24, 2020 8:39 PM

R74 Glad you find things to enjoy in life. I have better ways to amuse myself than listen to some sadistic shell of a person abuse random callers.

by Anonymousreply 75June 24, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote]Women who hate women have always been the Right's secret weapon.

Minorities hating minorities have always acted as trojan horses for the Right.

by Anonymousreply 76June 24, 2020 10:52 PM

[quote] In the mid 90s her and her son went into a skate shop and her son picked up a skateboarding magazine. It wasn’t pornographic but the language was a bit rough. She went on her show named the store and claimed they were selling pornography to kids. The store owner was interviewed on tv and showed that his store didn’t sell porn and thought she owed him an apology. Dr. Laura sues the guy for defamation claiming he lied about her on tv. He countersues and when all the dust settled she ended up paying him a huge settlement along with his legal fees.

For what it's worth she had a subscription of Penthouse. Now whether she (or her kid) ordered it or someone did it in her name to screw with her I don't know. Just know that she did.

by Anonymousreply 77June 25, 2020 1:48 PM

Her psychotic son Deryk, aka "Little Bunchkin" DID go through a bit of a studly phase, I'll give her that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 25, 2020 6:02 PM

[quote]Dr. Laura: Has anyone ever called into her show?

Nope. Nobody has ever called into her show.

by Anonymousreply 79June 25, 2020 6:04 PM

R79 lol. I was just about to post something similar.

by Anonymousreply 80June 25, 2020 6:34 PM

A friend claims to have called in when drunk a few years ago pretending to have a question and then when they told him to go ahead, he yelled "Retire, you twisted twat!"

I have no idea if he made it to air.

by Anonymousreply 81June 25, 2020 6:38 PM

She loves to berate women, especially if they have high-pitched voices. She will interrupt and screech at them that she can’t bear to listen.

by Anonymousreply 82June 25, 2020 6:40 PM

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 25, 2020 6:41 PM

[quote]Reform and Conservative were fine, but they weren't Jews. They shouldn't call themselves Jews, according to her, they should come up with another name. I'm literally listening to a convert lecturing to me that I, a born Jew, am not a Jew.

Wow, he could use this exact same skill set and lead the Trans Agenda too!

by Anonymousreply 84June 26, 2020 12:25 AM

*She

by Anonymousreply 85June 26, 2020 12:28 AM

She cannot possibly be so one dimensional, there must be some love in her somewhere. I know she loves animals. I know she donates money and time to different charities. She is not some cartoonish evil character it seems.

by Anonymousreply 86June 26, 2020 1:10 AM

She is the ultimate cunt, and I have to tune in every now and then to get a dose. My big question is: who are these poor people who call in thinking they are going to get an affirming or helpful experience? I can count on one hand when she was actually kind/helpful. One case surprisingly involved a caller in a lesbian relationship— she was quite positive. Of course these are the rare exceptions. Do the callers simply need a catharsis? What other way than to be shrieked at by a harpy in a vulnerable point in your life. I suppose you can equate her callers to people who seek meaning in oppressive religions

by Anonymousreply 87June 26, 2020 1:23 AM

Funny that you bring that up R87. I've her heard more than once take a gay call and she was actually attentive, nice, and helpful. I assume she knows it's Achilles Heel and is quite careful. She knows that's when everyone's ears perk up and pay full attention. I've never heard her shred apart a gay caller. White straight women barely stand a chance with her however.

by Anonymousreply 88June 26, 2020 3:33 AM

What have her stepchildren said about this cunt? Anything?

by Anonymousreply 89June 26, 2020 3:45 AM

Not that I know of R89. I think Deryk is a nurse now and maybe was studying to be a nurse practitioner. He has a great body but is ugly as sin and is tatted up pretty heavily.

by Anonymousreply 90June 26, 2020 3:53 AM
by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2020 4:02 AM

Had a co-worker about 15 or so years ago who loved Dr Laura to death, so when I drew her name in the Secret Santa, I got her a Dr Laura day-by-day calendar (along with a few other things). She was so offended. Turned out she didn't want anything tangible to show that she loved Dr Laura, she wanted it to be a kind of open secret. "You don't let people know about these things!" she said.

That really creeped me out.

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2020 4:05 AM

R20, Mother, please, I'm a good girl now!

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2020 5:38 AM

Dr. Laura basically fulfilled a need in some people to get publicly humiliated and spanked by a radio mommy. It was an aural s&m session more than advice or therapy. It could be oddly fascinating at times, but listening to too much of it made you feel rotten.

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2020 5:45 AM

R92 I know exactly this weird behaviour but don't know what the psychology is behind it. Years ago I worked in a coffee shop. This guy came in same time, same day once a week and ordered the same exact thing. One time I asked if he wanted the usual. He said NO I will have... And recited the exact usual breakfast order. So weird.

by Anonymousreply 95June 27, 2020 8:24 AM

Well, the old cunt endures via satellite radio, Sirius XM. Originally, she was on AM radio. In 2010, she used racial slurs, uttering the “n” word 11 times on air, on her radio show.

Of course, President Obama was criticized. She claimed that black people only voted for him because he’s “half black.”

The show was cancelled after she issued a hollow apology. This was in 2010.

She ran to Sirius XM, wanting to assert her “First Amendment” rights. Her show is still on-air. It should and must be cancelled. The fact it’s a subscription service is irrelevant. Akin to tearing down Confederate monuments, her show should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 96June 30, 2020 1:08 AM

Dr. Laura and Howard Stern can say whatever they want on satellite radio, as long as the ratings are good, they are safe.

by Anonymousreply 97June 30, 2020 1:35 AM

Thank you, R94. Simply and perfectly summarized. I was struggling to figure out the appeal, but you’re totally right.

by Anonymousreply 98June 30, 2020 1:39 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!